The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 305
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Buu's Scales of War

    The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness.

    But the peace of Elsir Vale—and specifically, the town of Brindol, heart of the former conflict with the Red Hand—has been shattered. The vague shadow of unease the locals have been experiencing lately has crystallized in the form of an attack on the town itself. Now Brindol finds itself once more in need of brave heroes willing to come to the aid of their citizens.


    The time is late afternoon in the busy town of Brindol. Your characters have each arrived here recently, between a day and a month. You are each welcome to explore the town at your leisure. But of course, everyone in town will be at the local tavern and inn The Red Door to celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the legendary Red Hand gang many years ago.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    There has been word of trouble brewing in the Vale, rumors of dangers creeping back into where the Red Hand had been routed quite handily. Some fearing history repeating itself in some twisted fashion, seeing omens in shadows and murders of crows and the shape of that cloud over there.

    All in all, it's a great day for Ashyr!

    With a bounce in her step, just having left the Alpenglow with fresh supplies, the watersoul genasi is heading straight towards The Red Door to hear some first-hand accounts of the past quest and of current worries. A big grin stretches from ear to ear on the blue-skinned face, seaweed colored hair short and a little scruffy, much like her well-used but well-loved gear. At worst, she'll learn something and lift a few mugs. At best, she'll be going head-first into trouble very soon and that would be just the most fabulous thing, wouldn't it? How is a girl to master her craft without some honest-to-Selűne life-or-death situations?

    Whatever may happen, it'll be a great evening, even if opening the door and greeting folks inside may end up a little more energetic than originally planned. She'll need to work on her execution. Mental note for later.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Jonir is perched by the hearth, enjoying the lingering heat from the remaining embers. The young elf had slunk in a few hours earlier, still damp from the latest night in a long string of nights in the wilderness. Best not to mention that. People already seemed a little jumpy.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Spoiler: offscreen stuff
    Show
    I made a google excel thing, whatever you would normally call that, but am having mild formatting issues. That said, The Red Door is ready for the looking. Red is hearth pit in middle, brown are tables

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Gethmara Vitharyan
    Level 1 Dragonborn Paladin
    HP: 31 Bloodied: 15 Surges: 13
    AC: 20 FORT: 13 REF: 12 WILL: 14


    Vitharyan had been travelling the Dawn Road for some weeks, following the dictates, not of his Order, but of his faith, his belief, something more personal and infinitely more powerful. As all roads in the Elsir Vale, it soon led to Brindol, a walled city tucked against a bend in the Elsir River.

    It's three walls protected by the Lion Guard, under the leadership of Lord Warren Harrick Orenna. It was they, who first detained and questioned the dragonborn as he sought entry into the town proper. It soon became apparent that Vitharyan was not a threat to the community but an asset, a meeting with Captain Kerden Paln confirmed the dragonborn's suspicions that banditry along the Dawn Road was growing bolder, more desperate. Vitharyan offered the aid of the Tormtar, the religious order who had taken him in those many years ago, though in exchange he sought the right to establish a shrine to Torm within the walls of Brindol. Captain Paln deferred judgment on the request, but vowed that he would bring the proposal to Lord Warden Orenna. However, he did warn Vitharyan that a decision to his request would be delayed until after the festival which would celebrate the defeat of the Red Hand and the town's growing prominence in the Vale.

    And so it was that the large, fire scaled dragonborn strode through the entrance of the Red Door, taking a seat at the end of the bar. Those unfamiliar with the dragonborn, would note his towering height, standing a head over most men, thick powerful neck and broad shoulders. The frills along his fanged jaw were pierced with rings of silver, the jewelry marking him of Clan Gethmara, disgraced, destroyed, and near forgotten.

    He nodded towards the server, spying a bottle Garengrim whiskey on the shelf behind the bar, a drink the had grown very fond of.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Moving quickly through the crowd, Ana makes her way to The Red Door. She's been hoping to find other adventurers to work with, and with everyone else in town gathering at the inn, it seems the perfect place. She makes her way through the door, heading over to the bar to order a cider. She then turns, surveying the crowd. The massive dragonborn seems a likely candidate, and even better, a blue skinned genasi who is definitely not your average townsperson (not being the most observant person, she completely misses the elf sitting by the hearth). Ana decides to wait until the ceremony is over, though, before approaching them. She pays for the cider and orders a bread bowl and stew, then makes her way to a nearby table, not too far from the hearth, but not too close, either. Out of habit, she faces the door. (figure she's in E9, sitting at the corner of the table)

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Dorn
    Level 1 Half-Orc Slayer
    HP: 27/27 | HS: 10/10 (6) | AC: 17 | F: 16 | R: 14 | W: 11 | AP: 1

    Stance: +2 atk/spd w/charging

    It seems the rumors he heard in Dennovar are true. As Dorn makes his way through Brindol, there is a nervous tension in the air and the people seem on edge. It may be the scowling half-orc striding through their streets, or the massive two-handed sword strapped to his back, but Dorn hopes it's danger of another kind, the kind that brings work with it. He finds the Red Door with little problem, using the directions the trembling greenhorn gave him at the East Gate. There is supposed to be some kind of celebration here, but likely also some word of recent attacks, and Dorn is hoping to get information and, with luck, even a contract his first day here. He walks into the tavern and there are already some people there, of note a large armored dragonborn. Dorn finds a spot on the wall and leans back and shuts his eyes, waiting for things to get started.

    Spoiler: Position
    Show
    O-11

    Guro Tortle Ranger IC OOC DOC

    Dorn Half-orc Slayer IC OOC DOC

    Colton Human Ranger IC OOC

    Retired Characters

    Formerly Khan the Destroyer on the WotC Forums.

    Awesome Pun-Pun Avatar by the incredible AsteriskAmp!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    With a mug of cider, Ashyr plops down at Ana's table, facing her with a beaming smile. The genasi can't claim to be the prettiest girl in the room, that honor belongs to Ana, but she makes up for it with enthusiasm, the sharpness in her deep sea colored eyes, and looking like the sort ready to tussle for a good cause. Chin leaning on one palm while the fingers of her other hand dance on the rim of her mug.

    "Hello there! Ashyr, travelling frontline tactician in search of brewing trouble that needs solving. And if I guessed right by the lovely collection of knives and the equally lovely way you carry yourself, so are you! Same as valiant Sir Gethmara over there at the bar, Sergeant Battering Ram over by the wall, and the wiseman woodsman right there at the hearth." Though Ashyr isn't particularly trying to speak loudly, her voice is the kind that carries and sneaks into the ears of people through the general din of a place. Getting into a shouting match with her may be a losing bet. The genasi takes a swig, licking her lips to get more of that cidery goodness.

    "Fancy some interesting company to risk your life with?" Ashyr, for better or worse, seems quite comfortable with that question, as fingers drum a steady rhythm on her cheekbone.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2018-10-31 at 04:40 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Gethmara Vitharyan
    Level 1 Dragonborn Paladin
    HP: 31 Bloodied: 15 Surges: 13
    AC: 20 FORT: 13 REF: 12 WILL: 14


    He noted the woman, Ana, enter the tavern, striking ... for a human ... a little frail perhaps. However, after ordering her drink and a bread bowl that set his nostrils twitching with it's thick, rich aroma, she wandered to a small table overlooking both hearth and door, cautious, wary. Smart. Another woman, blue tinged skin, wild hair approached her, and as they spoke, the blue skinned woman made mention of his Clan name. Interesting.

    He grasped his glass of Garengrim WHiskey, and wandered to the table, "I forgive you for being unfamiliar with Vayemnri naming convention, I am Gethmara Vitharyan." He inclined his massive head in a show of hospitality and good will, "Gethmara being the name of my clan, who are, even now, passing into obscurity within the nation of Tymanther." A fleeting sense of something deeper rippled through his eyes, causing them to glow like an ember on a fire. "My companions may call me Vitharyan, and I would be pleased if those with whom I share a drink do as well."

    "You are not wrong in regards to trouble, even the town guard, these Lions, have noted increased banditry in the area." He took a seat, his eyes taking in both women, and the others that they had picked out amongst the festival crowd. "Though perhaps we should make introductions to the others that you have so keenly picked from the throngs."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Ashyr grins a bit as Vitharya introduces himself, turning into a grin as Ashyr makes her offer.

    "Hello yourselves. It's always nice to have charming company in a tavern such as this, and easy made friends are rarer than a diamond in a mine full of coal.

    Ana takes a sip from her cider. It's well made, and she doesn't regret skipping the ale in the least. She pulls a dagger out of its sheath, looks at it, and puts it down. The handle is plain, but the blade has a faint tracery of runes in different languages, all saying "fire" and "speed." She pulls another dagger out and uses it to cut free a stubborn piece of the bowl, where the liquid hasn't soaked in.

    "I'm certainly willing to take a risk, if the cause is worth it. I thought the bandits were a bit heavy when I came through the last time- they mostly were scared off by a burst or two of fire, but they've been getting bolder the last few seasons.

    She pauses, scanning the room, and spots the elf who she missed the last time and the half-orc against the wall.

    "Looks like a decent amount of help if things break loose in here. Always nice to have someone who knows tactics around, especially if we haven't worked together before, and judging by that outfit, Vitharyan, we might have the help of a god on our side, as well.[/COLOR]"

    She waves to the elf and the half-orc. "Well hello there, you two!
    I am Ana, mistress of the elements, controller of lightning and fire, and all that.
    Who might you be?
    "

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Dorn
    Level 1 Half-Orc Slayer
    HP: 27/27 | HS: 10/10 (6) | AC: 17 | F: 16 | R: 14 | W: 11 | AP: 1

    Stance:

    Dorn opens one eye and looks in the direction of the voice. He spots a few of the other patrons at a table, a woman with blue skin, the armored dragonborn, and a pretty girl looking towards him. That must be Ana. Ana is it? Are you a mercenary captain? No? Glad we settled that then. Why don't you keep playing with your knives and let me get some sleep. The half-orc shuts his eye and settles back into the wall with his arms crossed on his chest.
    Guro Tortle Ranger IC OOC DOC

    Dorn Half-orc Slayer IC OOC DOC

    Colton Human Ranger IC OOC

    Retired Characters

    Formerly Khan the Destroyer on the WotC Forums.

    Awesome Pun-Pun Avatar by the incredible AsteriskAmp!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Ashyr just listens as Vitharyan explains his name, it would be rude to interrupt him by saying that she already knows. Instead, she clinks a mug to glass, with a grin. "Glad to have you with us then, Vitharyan. Call me Ashyr."

    She does add a little "Ooh, fire!" when Ana describes her handiwork, gears already turning in her head. Ana is a real dear and immediately helps with getting folks drawn in, too.

    The genasi does get a laugh out of the half-orc's reaction. "Not a captain, no, but in the business of proactively procuring work. Work that will no doubt pay in reward or loot. But hey, up to you."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    "You have an eye, I will say that." Jonir stirs for the first time in at least a half hour, shifting a little to better absorb the fading heat from the hearth. "You may call me Jonir. Just Jonir. I wouldn't say I'm much of a master of anything." His clothes were stiff again. Too much heat too quickly. Damn. He shifts again to hide his irritation and yawns massively before shaking the soot from his cloak and approaching the table.

    "Well met, Ana, Ashyr, Vitharyan." He sits and waits. They seemed to have enough to say without more noise from him.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    The gentle hubbub of an evening at the Antler and Thistle tavern is shattered by the crack of the front door flying off its hinges to land amid the nearest tables. Four hobgoblins rush into the bar, swords outstretched to skewer the nearest bar patrons. “For Sinruth! For the Hand!” they cry.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Kindly find a place on the map as Ana has, and roll for initiatives

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Ana sighs, holding a regular dagger in one hand and the one with the runes in the other.

    "You're the dumb muscle, aren't you?"

    Initiative (including the +2 from Ashyr):
    (1d20+5)[22]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Ashyr
    HP 30/30, HS 8/8 (7) | AC 18, F 15, R 15, W 12 | AP 1 | Ini 1
    Aura +2 Initiative; +2 to attack & +4 to damage on attack used with action gained from AP
    Effects -


    "Oh hey, there's work! Funny how that works out," Ashyr happily notes, rising and drawing her sword and shield.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am unable to edit the map, so I can't place myself. Ashyr is in F12.

    Initiative (1d20)[1]
    Last edited by Ridai; 2018-11-01 at 02:15 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Gethmara Vitharyan
    Level 1 Dragonborn Paladin
    HP: 31 Bloodied: 15 Surges: 13
    AC: 20 FORT: 13 REF: 12 WILL: 14


    Vitharyan pulled himself to his full height, letting out a slow breath he hadn't realized he was holding, the frills along his jaw line stood out, adding to his formidable bulk. "Good people of Brindol, provide our guests some room, for they have chosen both time and place of their dying." A rasp filled the air as the large dragonborn drew steel from scabboard. "And you," he turned to address the hobgoblins, "surely you wish to meet your maker beneath an open sky rather than spill your life's blood upon floorboards that reek of piss and bile."

    OOC: Initiative (1d20+2)[6]. A small bonus, better than my +0! Thanks to Ashyr's aura. I will start at the end of the table closest the bar, so E10.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2018-11-01 at 04:21 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Dorn
    Level 1 Half-Orc Slayer
    HP: 27/27 | HS: 10/10 (6) | AC: 17 | F: 16 | R: 14 | W: 11 | AP: 1

    Stance: +2 atk/spd w/charging

    The genasi does get a laugh out of the half-orc's reaction. Not a captain, no, but in the business of proactively procuring work. Work that will no doubt pay in reward or loot. But hey, up to you.

    Dorn scoffs at the woman and tries to ignore the rest of the hubbub in the tavern. It doesn't seem he sleeps for long before the sound of wood splitting violently jerks him from his sleep. He jumps to his feet, hand on his sword, as a handful of armed hobgoblins burst into the Red Door, screaming some nonsense about "the hand". Four on one, not good odds, but the group at the table from earlier seem ready to fight. The two girls don't have a clue, and the giant dragonborn is... a holy man. Dorn rolls his eyes, Beshaba's luck I get stuck with these bunglers.

    Spoiler: Position and Initiative
    Show

    (1d20+6)[21] Dorn is within 10 squares of Ashyr so includes +2 bonus.
    Position O-11

    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2018-11-01 at 02:07 PM.
    Guro Tortle Ranger IC OOC DOC

    Dorn Half-orc Slayer IC OOC DOC

    Colton Human Ranger IC OOC

    Retired Characters

    Formerly Khan the Destroyer on the WotC Forums.

    Awesome Pun-Pun Avatar by the incredible AsteriskAmp!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Jonir stands from his bench as the hobgoblins rush in. "But how did they get this far into the town?" Whatever, this was something to focus on first.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[25] including the +2 from Ashyr.
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2018-11-01 at 02:41 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Spoiler: Gob rolls and assessment
    Show
    (1d20+4)[23] G14
    (1d20+4)[19] H14
    (1d20+4)[19] K12
    (1d20+4)[15] A13
    Looking quickly at positions and maps, I guestimated postions of Ana E9, Dorn O11, Ashyr E12, Jonir H9, and Gethmara E10. If Jonir rolls higher than the gobs (which looks to be a certainty) feel free to make the first move.

    Hobgoblins begin at G14, H14, K12, and A13.


    The hobgoblins catch a few bar patrons by surprise, swinging longswords wildly in attempts to hew them down.

    Spoiler: Goblins attack patrons
    Show
    The hobgoblins that moved to A13 and K12 attack bar patrons.
    (1d20+6)[23] vs 15 AC, flat 5 damage
    (1d20+6)[11] vs 15 AC, flat 5 damage
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2018-11-02 at 09:07 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Jonir smacks his staff into the floor of the tavern with a deafening crack, hissing a brief invocation as he does so. Near instantly, the floorboards crack beneath the two hobgoblins closest to the door, releasing thorned vines which drag and rip their legs. This done he drops low, rapidly and smoothly shifting through a series of shadow half-shapes into a large near-feline creature, then rushes closer to the two goblins, taking a position alongside the dragonborn warrior.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Action order: Standard to cast Grasping Tide (burst 1, range 10) on the two hobgoblins on G14 and H14. Minor to activate wildshape, then move to either G12 if the attack hits, or, if it misses, stay in place.

    Grasping Tide (Wisdom vs+ Fort): (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7] (10 on crit)
    Secondary attack roll per target, only matters if the first attack hits

    Wisdom vs reflex:
    (1d20+4)[14]
    (1d20+4)[23]
    on hit, the target falls prone. this eats my opportunity actions for each of those two hobgoblins
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2018-11-02 at 02:53 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    The force of water wraps around the both of the hobgoblins blocking the doorway, and as it whirls and sweeps at their feet, the one (G14) crumbles under the tidal pressure, while the other's quick foot work allows him to stand strong.

    Spoiler: damage
    Show
    G14 drops, missed H14.

    Seeing as G14 was the one with the high initiative, it would be Ana's turn.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2018-11-02 at 09:51 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    "Attacking civilians! You're going to pay for that!


    Spoiler
    Show
    Ana moves down to E11 and attacks H4, who has Cover from Ana, and attacks with Energy Strobe.

    Attack Roll (1d20+5)[17]
    If that hits, damage type: (1d6)[1]- 1 cold, 2 fire +2 damage, 3 force, 4 lightning, 5 radiant, 6 thunder
    Damage, if it hits: (1d10+7)[17] +2 if it's fire

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Spoiler
    Show
    That attack roll was vs. Reflex.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    The energy bolt sales across the room and nails the hobgoblin square in the chest, sending a shower of ice crystals and snow into the air as he slumps over against the table.

    Spoiler: damage
    Show
    Hits to kill, real shame to get such a nice damage roll on a minion.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2018-11-02 at 01:40 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Dorn
    Level 1 Half-Orc Slayer
    HP: 27/27 | HS: 10/10 (6) | AC: 17 | F: 16 | R: 14 | W: 11 | AP: 1

    Stance: +2 spd/atk w/charging

    Without a moment's notice, the hobgoblins begin attacking the patrons. A beggar elf that Dorn hadn't noticed before moves from near the hearth and seems to cast a spell, causing vines to rip up form the floorboards and tangle up the hobgoblins near the entryway. Then the elf transforms into a giant cat and moves near the dragonborn. One of the girls, Ana, he thinks back, also moves near the dragonborn, He must be their leader, Dorn thinks, and fires off a ball of energy. One of the hobgoblins moves away from the entrance in Dorn's direction, Wrong move bub! he growls before leaping up on the table and coming down hard with his greatsword.

    Spoiler: Turn 1
    Show
    Move Action - Draw Greatsword.
    Standard Action - Charge Hobgoblin 3, end move in L-12.
    Attack - (1d20+11)[12]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[17]

    Guro Tortle Ranger IC OOC DOC

    Dorn Half-orc Slayer IC OOC DOC

    Colton Human Ranger IC OOC

    Retired Characters

    Formerly Khan the Destroyer on the WotC Forums.

    Awesome Pun-Pun Avatar by the incredible AsteriskAmp!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    The two hobs are quick to act and react. While one rushes towards this odd shape of a creature before it, the other seems off put by this orcish man who swung wide and missed altogether, but retaliates all the same.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    H2 shifts up to G13 and swipes with his longsword at Jonir, (1d20+6)[21] vs AC, flat 5 damage.
    H3 retaliates to Dorn's attack, (1d20+6)[16] vs AC, flat 5 damage.

    H4 remains dead, so pass turn to Gethmara.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2018-11-02 at 07:01 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Gethmara Vitharyan
    Level 1 Dragonborn Paladin
    HP: 31 Bloodied: 15 Surges: 13
    AC: 20 FORT: 14 REF: 13 WILL: 15


    Vitharyan shook his massive head slowly, "You leave me no recourse." There he strode purposefully around the table the ember's of the fire pit highlighting the red of his scales as he moved towards his opponents, his voice was low, but deadly serious. "The good people of Brindol offered me shelter and succor, and so it is my duty to protect them from those that would do them harm."

    He arrived beside the large hobgoblin, and as he brought his blade down in a wide arc, he roared, his draconic nature revealing itself in his seething fury. Innocents had been harmed, and those responsible would pay. Dearly.

    OOC: Minor Action: Draw Sword & Shield; Move Action: Move from E10 to H12 along firepit & between tables. Standard Action: Valorous Strike. CHA vs AC (1d20+7)[26]; Damage on Hit: (2d8+4)[11]; Effect: On hit any Enemy within 3 Squares of Vith (both H2 & h3) are subject to Divine Sanction until EoNT.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2018-11-03 at 09:44 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Buufreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Your blade cleaves deep into the shoulder of the goblinoid, tearing through leather clothing and flesh alike. It lets out a small yelp and gasp of breath as it collapses.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    It obviously died. Poor thing. H3 is now marked by sanction.

    And at the bottom of the key we have our beloved healer Ashyr, then back at the top action will happen before Jonir acts.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Buu's Scales of War

    Ashyr - (Map & Tracker)
    HP 30/30, HS 8/8 (7) | AC 18, F 15, R 15, W 12 | AP 1 | Ini 1
    Aura +2 Initiative; +2 to attack & +4 to damage on attack used with action gained from AP
    Effects -


    Ashyr, seeing everything going well and getting a very good look at what everyone can do. Well, Dorn is having some difficulties, but it happens to the best of them. Might as well give him another shot, Ashyr really wants to see him have a real go. So the water genasi just strolls over to the remaining hobgoblin as Vitharyan kindly takes out the hob next to her, winding up for a swing. The survivor hob turns to her, getting ready for an attack, only for Ashyr to shrug and grin lopsidedly.

    "Whatcha looking at me for?"

    Meanwhile, Dorn is just presented with the perfect opportunity to get a nice, big swing in, just the thing to release all that pent-up anger over the big miss earlier.

    As for Ashyr, she casually raises just her shield, keeping the big spray of blood and chunks out of her face as Dorn's greatsword just tears the hob apart in one swing. When she lowers it, she shows a big grin to Dorn. "Nice one!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move from F12 to J12, flanking Hobgoblin 3 with Dorn.

    Standard Commander's Strike, granting Dorn an MBA against Hobgoblin 3 with +4 to damage.
    Dorn MBA: (1d20+10)[29] vs AC (includes CA bonus)
    Hit: (1d10+12)[17] damage
    Last edited by Ridai; 2018-11-04 at 01:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •