New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous 2 [3.5]

Nodding in agreement every time someone mentions it's time to leave, once it's decided, Jemus practically bounds down the stairs, muttering "Do you thinks she... demonized us?" trying to find the best word for what he was thinking. Moving, he lets the others collect Sera as he moves to the entrancing, trying to spy any dangers outside that might be waiting for them.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception
    (1d20+7)[11]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

"Yes, I suppose there's nothing left for us to do here."

With a look at Irabeth, "There will likely be hell to pay for what we've done." The bard follows the rest of the group lost in his own personal thoughts.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Semult heads to the 1st floor with the rest of the group. Instead of heading to the front door he tries pausing the group. "Didn't we hear noises from behind that door earlier? There's that door too. I think we should check these areas for any useful information. If we kill some more cultists, all the better for the city."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Pointing to the doors at N12 and M8 on the map.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos
    Personally I have had enough of death, and risk thereof for one day. We were "lucky?" enough to complete our task. I would rather secure the innocents we can, rather than punish the wicked. The more time we spend here, the greater the risk to them.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

You still can't perceive the Wall of Force; if it was ever in a place that blocked your way (which seems likely), it's not there now.

Sera blinks at you. "What happened up there?" she asks. You can't help but notice that the luxurious-looking bed she was lying on when you first saw her has been reduced to splinters and rags.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

"Areelu happened. The wardstone is inert, and somehow we're still alive. Come, let's get you out of here. How are you feeling by the way?"

7. - Top - End - #217

Griffon

Alamryn nods. "What he said. Quick, I'm not sure what'll happen next, but we need to get out of here!"
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

8. - Top - End - #218

The others rein in Semult's desire to clear the building. On the first floor he keeps watch of the two unchecked doors while the rest make their way through and out.

He quietly and discreetly inquires. "Cema, what happpened in Sera's room while we were gone?"

Ready to venture out he suggests a plan. "Have our scouts fan out and keep watch while we hurry to Tellos' mother's place? From there we escape out the same way we came in?
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

The bard nods along to Semult's instructions, motioning for Wyne and the others to take up a perimeter.

10. - Top - End - #220

Despite being ten feet away from Semult at his low-voiced question, Sera is the one who replies. "I broke the bed," she says, kind of numbly. "I was...It was more fragile than it looked." She turns over what looks like a round piece of glass, from the broken mirror, in her hand.

No one is visible outside the Gray Garrison.
    Last edited by Kish; 2019-03-22 at 11:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Jemus, on point outside, wait for the others before moving out, sliding from cover to cover.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth
    (1d20+10)[25]

Perception
    (1d20+7)[27]

12. - Top - End - #222

Griffon

Alamryn looks around, unsure if she should follow Jemus or wait for a signal. She stays put at the exit for the moment.

Spoiler: Perception?
    Show
    (1d20+8)[19]

13. - Top - End - #223

Semult paused at Sera's response. A temper tantrum? Can't blame her. Was she affected by the explosion too? Now wasn't the time for an extended discussion.

Once Jemus moves off from the first point of cover the conjurer follows the same course.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+2)[5]
    Perception (1d20+7)[8]
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

Motioning at Sera to follow Semult, the bard waits for the two to clear the street, then dashes across as well.

15. - Top - End - #225

As you make your way back toward Sherry's house, the streets are almost eerily deserted. As you assess your own conditions, each of you feels more powerful, physically and mentally.

A short way into your trip, Areelu Vorlesh's voice speaks from the walls around you again. "Servants of the Worldwound, I am ordering a full retreat from Kenabres, effective immediately. Anyone who pauses to cause incidental harm will sufffer for it. People of Kenabres, any who wish may accompany me to Sarkoris, where you will be safe from the ongoing war. Simply call my name now. If you do not choose to, you may return to your normal lives for now, with perhaps a better understanding of the fragility of your situation; I hope you survive long enough to reconsider that decision. Your Queen should be here shortly to refortify and rebuild your city as best she can."

Then the voice falls silent with an abrupt finality.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos
    Well thats a half-hearted attempt at temptation. Let us collect my mom, and get back to base.

17. - Top - End - #227

Semult paused in his current position of cover to listen to the announcement. Once the silence returned his face twisted to puzzlement as he thought it through. After a few moments he stood and moved out into the open. "She could have killed us all back there. Between that and her reaction to the one that hurt Sera I think she means the full retreat. Why? Beyond me to know her full reasoning. Best I can figure she wants to minimize generating any more resistance for her supposed rule later." He waves his hand pointing out the city's devastation. "I think we're beyond that though."

He turns to Tellos. "Your mom should be safe at home for now. We can still stop by to check on her, but she may be more comfortable staying home than a crowded Inn. Either way we need to head back and report to the Queen."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

"Halfway tempted to say her name just so we can hunter her down." Jemus half mumbles and half grumbles as they move towards Tellos's moms house.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

So little about what had happened made any sense. The fight into and through the Grey Garrison had been no more or less than he had thought they would encounter, but then Sera and the encounter with Areelu had left him to stunned to really contemplate what had happened. He had been convinced he was dead...surely Areelu could have killed them all. In reality he felt incredibly strong, which kept his mind continually replaying the words, "The gift I planned for all the people of Kenabres...now resides within you."

He could not fathom what the plan for Kenabres had been, and now Vorlesh's orders of a "full retreat". None of it made any sense. Following Semult's lead he moved out into the middle of the street and followed behind the others silently as they moved toward Tellos' house.

To Irabeth, "When do you think the Queen will arrive?"

20. - Top - End - #230

"She'll likely be here by tomorrow--thankfully, missing whatever Vorlesh had planned," Irabeth replies. "What happened while I was unconscious? She just left?"

You reach Tellos' mother's house and open the door. Sherry greets you again, "Tellos! When I heard that announcement, I realized you must have succeeded. I was puzzled though--I would have thought she would order everyone here killed before retreating. Oh." This last at seeing Sera, who stares down at the floor; traveling through the streets with her, it's become easier to notice that she's taller than any of you.

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "She'll likely be here by tomorrow--thankfully, missing whatever Vorlesh had planned," Irabeth replies. "What happened while I was unconscious? She just left?"
    She cast a ninth circle spell that should have killed all of us. She said she had a gift for everyone in the city but somehow only a few of us here got it. That we were 'marked' before all this. It caught her interest and said she would be back."

Sherry greets you again, "Tellos! When I heard that announcement, I realized you must have succeeded. I was puzzled though--I would have thought she would order everyone here killed before retreating."
    "It seems whatever her plans are, she needs people to be alive. It should be safe here for now. Perhaps you can check on your neighbors? We need to get back."

Whether Sherry decides to stay or not, Semult looks to the rest of the group. "We should get back and try to make sense of all this. I think we should use the main gate to make it really is safe around here for people. Scouts out ahead to lead the way still."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos hugs his mom.

I am not sure if it was ninth circle, but it was immensely powerful. I was sure that we were dead, for a moment I thought she had somehow ensnared our souls, Dad's too and we were condemned to the hells. It turned out alright though.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

Watching silently the interaction between Tellos and his mother, Trawyn considers Semult's words.

"I agree. Let's walk out of here through the gates and see what sort of reception we get."

He starts toward the door and out into the street.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Jemus, once they are at Tellos' mum's house, stands watch by a window as he listens in, not knowing about these magics and ninth circles. "Yes" he says to Trawyn's comment "staying here does us little good."
    He follows Trawyn's lead, then moves ahead of him once he knows the direction he is taking the lead, scouting ahead, as he makes for the gate.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception
    (1d20+7)[20]

Stealth
    (1d20+10)[26]

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    She cast a ninth circle spell that should have killed all of us. She said she had a gift for everyone in the city but somehow only a few of us here got it. That we were 'marked' before all this. It caught her interest and said she would be back."
    Irabeth blinks several times at that. "That...is even more puzzling than if she'd simply left. She didn't say anything else?"

************************************************** *************************************************

"It seems whatever her plans are, she needs people to be alive. It should be safe here for now. Perhaps you can check on your neighbors? We need to get back."

Whether Sherry decides to stay or not, Semult looks to the rest of the group. "We should get back and try to make sense of all this. I think we should use the main gate to make it really is safe around here for people. Scouts out ahead to lead the way still."
    "This is Sera, the girl who was taken prisoner," Irabeth says. Then she quickly changes the subject. "This place should be as safe as anywhere in the city is for the moment, I think. Vorlesh's entire pattern of behavior is inconsistent with her simply setting the people here up to believe that they're safe before slaughtering them all--though that would be substantially more comprehensible. Sera, will you come back to our base at the Defender's Heart with us?"

"I need to find my family," Sera says.

************************************************** *************************************************

Outside, the streets seem to be deserted. The makeshift gate to the prison camp is empty of the two humanoid guards you saw when approaching it from the other side.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

Walking through the deserted streets Trawyn pauses then raises his horn to his lips and blows three sharp clarion blasts, "It is safe to come out!"

27. - Top - End - #237

Griffon

Alamryn follows the others, staying silent for most of the conversation. She felt strange and didn't know what to think about that. Having a spell cast on oneself by a powerful demon should be alarming, but she didn't feel bad, actually, she felt a lot more confident than in a long time. Should that be alarming?

When Sera says she wants to find her family, the druid looks worried. "Do we know where they could be? It should be safer now, Sera, but I don't think you should... I mean, I'm not sure if it would be a good for you to walk aroung just yet. Looking... as you do. Someone might get confused and..." She didn't really know how to put it.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

"Sera..." Jemus begins slowly "... well, these fella's are all smarter and wiser than me but I would think you would want to... you know, deal with your condition before getting back to your family?" he says, discomfort obvious in his manners and speech.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos shrugs.
    Family will always understand.

30. - Top - End - #240

"Deal with it?" she repeats. "I don't think this is temporary. I don't want to scare people, but I can't--am I going to have to spend the rest of my life in a cage?" She sounds increasingly frightened.