The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 673
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC



    Everyone has their reasons for travelling to the borderlands. The caravan master, George Beaumont, had been guiding caravans there for nearly thirty years. The merchant, Linus Springer, had hired him to as a guide. The caravan consists of the merchant, his young daughter Bernice, three muleskinners, two guards, two scouts, and a handful of ne'er do wells and adventurers heading south. And a dozen mules, laden with goods and supplies.

    The caravan left Imperial lands three weeks ago. It travelled south, through the mountain passes, watched over by flint-hearted dwarves. Were they guarding you, or guarding from you? South through the forest of beasts. It was quiet, although one of the scouts disappeared without a trace. Nobody was willing to search for him. The caravan master said that the badlands were safer, since barely anyone could survive there. Two weeks struggling through the maze-like hills and wastelands showed the truth of that. The last spring, a stagnant pool called "Sweetwater Springs" had been two days ago. Finally, the caravan climbs a rocky ridge. Thin bushes and grasses dot the landscape. You make camp for the night.

    The next day dawns. The caravan master gathers everyone around the mule train. He hits one of the water barrels with his walking stick. There is a disconcertingly hollow sound. "Drink up!" he laughs. He points to a notch in the mountains to the south. "There's Faucon Pass. There's springs on the other side. There's a toll to get through; Master Springer has offered to pay it in thanks for helping guard the caravan. Past that... well, that's up to you. Thirty years in the wastelands. This is my last trip. Gonna settle down in Faucon Pass with the missus." The caravan master looks at the arrow suddenly sprouting from his chest. He crumples down. More arrows spatter around the crowd. Two of the mules go down, screaming. Confusion erupts. A dozen figures emerge from the ridge and charge towards the group, cudgels raised.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    On the journey south Gabriele has been doing what she could to make herself useful. If she could catch anything the more food they had the better. On the same basis, while the scouts seemed to know their business, she would rather not trust her safety to someone else.

    She has been half expecting something like this since the scout disappeared. She's still surprised but will try to recover as quickly as she could. If they won maybe they could get the old man to a healer.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Use a Fortune point to get another half action

    Half Action - Ready Longbow
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Shoot the nearest mutant

    vs. BS 42 (+10 Aim)
    (1d100)[83]

    Damage (with Armour Piercing - ignore 1 AP if they have any)
    (1d10+3)[7]

    Ulric's Fury if any
    (1d100)[61]
    Extra damage
    (1d10)[1]

    FP: 3/4
    Wounds: 11

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Torendil looks up at the passes with some relief, though he does his best to keep up an impression of disinterested aloofness. It wouldn't do for an elven mage to be seen worrying about something as mundane as water. Still, though, he was glad to finally be out of the badlands.

    The arrow's sudden appearance rudely pulled him away from thoughts about how nice that first drink of water would be. He stared wide-eyed for a moment--was he dead? The further arrows landing among the caravan, as well as the human's response--what was her name again? He couldn't remember right off--shook him back out of his momentary shock. He regarded the mass of cudgel-armed figures. Fear for his life mingles with disdain for the lowly attackers. He rises up, gathering magical energy around himself, and trying to recall the proper incantations and gestures for the magic dart spell he'd been taught. Arrows? Psh. He'd show these people what real power looks like.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Channeling test for a +1 on Casting Roll
    Vs. WP (36)
    (1d100)[27]

    Half action: Cast Magic Dart spell once the targets are close enough (16 yards)
    Casting Roll (target 6)
    (1d10)[1] +1 if Channeling test is successful
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9]

    FP: 3/3
    Wounds: 9/9

    As I said, this is my first time playing WFRP, so if I do something wrong please let me know!
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Spoiler: Willpower test!
    Show
    Off to a good start: Casting Roll was a 1, so gotta take a WP test or gain an insanity point on my first spell of the game.
    vs. WP (36)
    (1d100)[7]

    Well, that's good at least :D
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-11-03 at 11:58 PM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Even as the words left his thick lips "...last trip..." her agitation increased, heightening from its previous churn on the disappearance of the scout the night before. Didn't he know that to make the Gods laugh, one merely must tell them ones plans?

    As the arrow sprouted from his chest she was almost unsurprised, but not quite: sudden death was still that, when all was said and done.

    All arrows pattered down around the crowd she reacted instinctively, moving back to the questionable cover of the wagons: loosing and knocking an arrow from her trusty bow - not bothering to aim.

    Maybe it'd slow the charging brigands down for at least a few moments.
    Last edited by em.; 2018-11-04 at 04:42 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Carl had been happy to make himself useful as a guard during the trip and also chat idly with his travelling companions. By Halfling standards he was rather dour and stiff but that still made him talkative and good humoured by human standards. The Halfling soldier had been somewhat startled to find that one of his fellow travelers was not just an Elf but a magician as well and it had taken considerable restraint not to pester Torendil into showing some tricks (more than once a day anyway.)

    Having stood close to Beaumont when the attack happened Carl found himself instinctively reaching for a weapon - his soldier's experience temporarily pushing away the shock and grief at seeing the likable man die. Though 'Bertha', his beloved handgun was the most powerful weapon he had Carl instead grabbed for his sling. Shot was expensive and rare and he might need the extra kick of a handgun elsewhere!

    "Esmerelda and Sigmar, I'd like a little help if you can!" Carl murmured in prayer to the Halfling goddess and the patron of the Empire before letting a smooth stone fly from his sling towards the nearest mutant.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Ready Sling (Free Action thanks to Quick Draw talent)

    Aim (Half Action)
    Shoot Nearest Mutant (Half Action): (1d100)[84] vs 68 (BS 48 +20% for Aim with the Sharpshooter talent.)
    Damage: (1d10+4)[11] (3 for Sling + 1 for Mighty Shot.)

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The past three weeks have demonstrated to everyone that Severin Cinderhill certainly isn't work-shy. He has ridden with the scouts when extra eyes were needed on the trail, wrangled stubborn mules with the caravan master, and always taken his turn on watch without complaint. In between, he has made a concerted effort to get to know his fellow travellers, with Carl Greenarrow - a fellow Halfling - bearing the brunt of Severin's sociable inquiries.

    Today, Severin has spent much of his time chatting with Bernice, the merchant's daughter, regaling her with more or less outrageous tales of his adventures back in the Empire. "No, young lady, it's all true - I swear! This scar right here?" he says, tracing the knife scar on his face, "I got it when I was defending Lady Nettelbach from a pack of assassins, sent by her wicked uncle Luthor! That was a fierce fight, I promise you! I... Bernice! TAKE COVER!" he shouts as the arrows begin to fly.

    Positioning himself and his pony between Bernice and the oncoming mutants, Severin takes up his shield to grant them both some protection, then unwinds his sling and starts fumbling forth a sling stone.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Ready shield.
    Half action: Ready sling.
    Spend Fortune Point for another half action.
    Half action: Load sling.

    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The attackers close the distance. Carl's stone and Gabriel's arrow fly past them. Wertha's hasty arrow flies true, striking one of the mutant attackers in the right arm. He (it?, hard to say) shrieks in pain, mad eyes rolling as he searches for the source of the arrow. Torendil carefully channels arcane energy, much like he has seen his teacher do it back home, but under pressure, he loses control of the power. Arcane tendrils flare up his arm before flickering out. A lesser, human, mind might quail at a such a setback, but Elves are made of sterner stuff. And Torendil's an elf. As the attackers close, you can see that they are strange, twisted forms. Perhaps they were human once, but now they are thin and wasted, with bizarre, animalistic forms and twisted limbs. They growl, 'meat, fresh meat' as they split into two groups.

    The first group engages the two guards, who have drawn swords and raised shields to meet them. The second group is in amongst the mules and muleskinners, lashing about with clubs. One of the muleskinners goes down as he is cracked in the head with a stiff blow. The others draw their daggers and attempt to defend themselves. The mules shriek and kick as the mutants are among them. A few of the mutants draw knives and start cutting at bridles and traces. Linus shouts out, "Beatrice, stay back! Get them!" He pulls a crossbow out and loads it. The remaining scout lets an arrow fly at one of the mutants. In his haste, the arrow goes wide. Bernice draws a small sword, uncertainly, while also taking shelter behind Severin's shield. There are three groups of the enemy; a fierce melee around the two guards, mutants amongst the muletrain spooking the mules and attacking the drivers, and on the ridge, you can see a few hunched forms with bows. They are nocking arrows and aiming now, ready to let fly again...
    Last edited by dojango; 2018-11-06 at 09:44 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will stifle her momentary feeling of panic at missing and try to calm herself down. It wasn't like she hadn't seen worse back home.

    Now the closer mutants are too close to the guards to make easy targets. She'll reach for another arrow and aim for one of the bowmen before they had the same idea.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action to reload with Rapid Reload
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Fire on one of the mutants with bows

    vs. BS 42 (+10)
    (1d100)[15]
    Fortune point if needed
    (1d100)[60]


    Damage (1d10+3 with Armour Piercing)
    (1d10+3)[10]

    Taal's Fury
    (1d100)[15]
    Extra Damage
    (1d10)[7]

    FP:3/4
    Wounds: 11

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Carl

    That could have gone better, Carl thought to himself. He could feel his cheeks flushing with the shame of a miss.

    Hoping the others could resist the nearby mutants for a moment Carl sent another sling shot hurtling towards the bow'men'.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Reload Sling (Free Action thanks to Rapid Reload talent)

    Aim (Half Action)
    Shoot Bow-armed Mutant (Half Action): (1d100)[4] vs 68 (BS 48 +20% for Aim with the Sharpshooter talent.)
    Fortune Point re-roll (if needed): (1d100)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[12] (3 for Sling + 1 for Mighty Shot.)
    Last edited by RossN; 2018-11-05 at 08:15 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa swears angrily, "Gods-dammit!" as she sees the arrow land in the caravan master's chest, and leaps to her feet, drawing the shortsword kept on hand for self defense. Instead of immediately engaging as the others had done, she slips around to the side of the caravan wagons, taking cover from the arrows and waiting until the attackers leave themselves open.

    Seeing the mutants cutting at the bridles, she smiles and steps forwards, thrusting her blade towards one of the mutant's heads in an effort to catch him off guard and end his miserable life in a single well-placed blow.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alyssa tries to find a concealed position in the first round, and then ambush the mutants that are trying to cut the mules lose. So without further ado...

    Concealment: (1d100)[80] vs 30
    Move Silently: (1d100)[66] vs 30

    Hand Weapon attack: (1d100)[92] vs 29
    Hand Weapon Damage: (1d10+3)[11]

    Ah...An auspicious start.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2018-11-05 at 08:05 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Taking careful aim, Severin lets fly at the closest of the mutants trying to steal the mules, but the shot goes wide... just.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Aim for +10% to hit
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[59] vs. BS 53 (43+10 from Aim)
    Damage (1d10+3)[8]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Standard attack with sling (1d100)[70]
    Damage (1d10+3)[13]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3
    Last edited by rax; 2018-11-05 at 08:38 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Torendil claps his hands to his head as the magical feedback courses through his mind, but quickly shakes his head to clear it. Frustrated, he takes aim at the mutant which Wertha's arrow struck, at makes another attempt at the spell. His attempt to draw in magical energy isn't as successful this time, but he goes ahead with the spell anyway, and is rewarded by a burst of magical energy lancing toward the mutant.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half Action: Channeling test
    vs WP +10 (46) [I forgot the Aethyric Attunement talent last round]
    (1d100)[85]

    Half Action: Cast magic dart
    Target 6
    Casting Roll: (1d10)[8] (+1 if channel test is successful)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6]

    Extra WP roll either vs insanity or for Ulric's Fury:
    vs 36
    (1d100)[18]
    Extra damage: (1d10)[7]
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-11-05 at 11:23 AM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Wertha peeks out from behind her improvised wooden cover, tense, looking around for a bandit unengaged in the sprawling melee - hands automatically knocking another arrow. The guards could handle themselves. If all the muleskinners went down, the caravan would be a wreck and ruin. She sights, aims and releases.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    HA: Half aim.
    HA: Attack. (vs 51)

    (1d100)[45]
    (1d10+3)[8]

    Ulric's Fury as/if applicable.

    (1d100)[26]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    Last edited by em.; 2018-11-05 at 03:54 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The mutants have clearly sinned against Taal. He guides one of Gabriele's arrows to its mark. The mutant collapses atop the ridge. Carl's stone is well sped as well, striking one of the bowmen in the head. Severin's shot is not so fortunate, missing one of the mutants. Torendil's next spell is more carefully put together, and with a flash of light, one of the mutants in the melee falls down. He hears an audible gasp from Bernice. Alyssa tries to creep into the mule train, sword drawn, but the panicking mules don't trust her. When the mutant cuts the traces, they run in all directions, leaving her exposed. She swings and misses. Two of the mutants turn towards her, their twisted faces show a mockery of a grin. They are wielding cudgels and knives. One of them grunts in pain as Wertha's arrow strikes him in the back, but they are undeterred from their attack!

    The surviving enemy archers let fly against Gabriele and Carl. Two arrows miss their marks, but one hits Gabriele in the left leg (8 dmg). The two mutants facing Alyssa lash out with their cudgels. One misses, but the other lands a solid blow to her head! (11 dmg) Around her, the mules bolt in all directions, to where they think is safe. Bernice shouts out, "I'll get the mules!" and takes off running after one of them. The guards, fighting with an abundance of caution, hold off the enemy's blows, but fail to land any of their own. The drovers, in a desperation borne of panic, lash out with daggers, wounding two of the attackers. Blood (and in one case, a strange ichor) stain their daggers. Linus aims his crossbow at the back of one of the mutants attacking the guards, and hits it square in the back with a bolt! The scout fires his bow at the archers, and hits the wounded one square in the shoulder! It slumps over as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can try to dodge those hits if you want. That's 7 dmg hit to Alyssa after armor and toughness, and 5 to Gabriele. If you want to dodge go ahead and roll it and we can retcon it in!
    Last edited by dojango; 2018-11-06 at 09:45 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele gasps in pain as she feels the arrow enter her leg. Well that's torn it. Can't very well make a run for it while hobbling. One more and she'd need to take cover.

    Gritting her teeth and thinking of all the worse Kislevan curse words she'd heard from her Dad, she'll line up another shot.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action - Reload with Rapid Reload
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Fire on the one who shot her

    vs. BS 42 (+10)
    (1d100)[14]
    If I need to FP
    (1d100)[81]


    Damage (1d10+3 with Armour Piercing)
    (1d10+3)[4]

    Taal's Fury
    (1d100)[20]
    (1d10)[1]

    FP: 3/4
    Wounds:6/11


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Carl

    Carl frowns as he swiftly selects another smooth sling stone. The halfling soldier is torn between drawing his own shortsword and moving to help and trying to deal with the archers. In the end he sticks with the sling for now, sending another shot towards the bow wielding mutants.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Reload Sling (Free Action thanks to Rapid Reload talent)

    Aim (Half Action)
    Shoot Bow-armed Mutant (Half Action): (1d100)[4] vs 68 (BS 48 +20% for Aim with the Sharpshooter talent.)
    Fortune Point re-roll (if needed): (1d100)[17]
    Damage: (1d10)[2] (+ 3 for Sling + 1 for Mighty Shot.)
    Last edited by RossN; 2018-11-06 at 05:29 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    "Careful girl! Stay out the line of fire!" he calls out as Bernice begins chasing the panicking mules. Cursing under his breath, Severin quickly reloads his sling and lets fly.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If there's a mutant in the clear among the mules or near the guards, Severin will aim for it. If everyone is now involved in melee, he'll try for one of the remaining bowmen.
    Half action: Reload sling
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[54] vs. BS 43
    Damage (1d10+3)[13]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Standard attack with sling (1d100)[65]
    Damage (1d10+3)[11]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "That's more like it!" Torendil calls out in Eltharin. "Flee, or face destruction!" He sizes up the battle--the guards seem to be handling themselves well enough, so he targets the mutants attacking the drovers. He calls upon the winds of magic once more, and is rewarded by another bolt of magical force darting out toward its target.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half Action: Channeling test
    vs WP +10 (46) [I forgot the Aethyric Attunement talent last round]
    (1d100)[84]

    Half Action: Cast magic dart
    Target 6
    Casting Roll: [roll]1d10/roll] (+1 if channel test is successful) I rolled a 9 on the OOC, so the spell was successful.
    Damage: (1d10+3)[10]

    Extra WP roll either vs insanity or for Ulric's Fury:
    vs 36
    (1d100)[95]
    Extra damage: (1d10)[5]

    FP: 3/3
    Wounds: 9/9
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-11-06 at 04:48 PM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa swears as the blow brings tears to her eyes. She ducks away, riposting as she tries to disengage from the mutants.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack: (1d100)[71] vs 29

    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]

    After the attack, Alyssa moves back to the caravan.

    Wounds: 5/12

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Wertha continues as she means to go on, older women having no intention of getting into a brawl with these slavering degenerates - knocking another arrow and trying to wing it past Alyssa as she backs away from the pair: hands steady despite a racing heart.

    If this caravan goes down, we'll have no guides - or pay...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    As before - rapid reload means the shortbow's fairly quick.

    HA: Half aim.
    HA: Attack. (vs 51)

    (1d100)[25]
    (1d10+3)[9]

    Fury?

    (1d100)[30]
    (1d10)[9]


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa swings and misses at her attackers before cautiously backing away. One of them suddenly slumps over as another of Wertha's arrows plants itself in its back. The other one backs away as from Alyssa. It runs over to where the fallen muleskinner is and begins trying to drag him away. Carl and Gabriele manage to land hits on the distant archers, but Severin's powerful shot flies past a mutant's head. If it had connected... but alas. Torendil throws another bolt of aethyric energy at one of the injured mutants. It screams and thrashes for a few seconds as it falls down.

    The outnumbered guards continue their fight with the mutants. Their armor and shields absorb most of the blows, although one grunts as a blow slips in. They manage to lash out at their attackers, injuring two of them. Another of the mutants turns from them and charges the merchant, Linus. He attempts to block the blow with his crossbow, but is hit solidly on the arm, and drops his crossbow. The muleskinners are fighting with their daggers. One manages a solid blow on one of his attackers, who turns and runs, but the other is knocked down by a savage blow.

    Taking stock of the situation; two of the muleskinners have fallen, while three of their attackers are dead. One of the survivors of that group is running, while the other two are trying to drag away one of the fallen muleskinners. Of the mutants attacking the guards, several are wounded but none have fallen. One is standing over the merchant, Linus, who is attempting to fend off his attacker. The scout, seeing this, drops his bow, draws a short sword, and runs over to try and save Linus.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele is heartened that no one one was firing arrows at her for the moment, but otherwise it wasn't going well. She really hoped that the muleskinner that was being dragged off was already dead, but the merchant was alive for the moment at least. She'll fumble for her sword and follow the scout. Maybe they could scare it away with numbers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    No Quick Draw so Charge next turn

    Half Action - Ready Sword
    Half Action - Move to the mutant's other side from the scout (Clark?)


    FP: 3/4
    W: 6/11

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RossN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Carl

    His face a mask of concentration Carl plucked yet another smooth, round sling stone from his belt pouch and wrapped it in his sling in a single smooth operaton.

    The halfling soldier could see how fierce the fighting was and if it came to it he'd draw his shortsword to defend the caravan but he was better at range than at melee - and those archers were still very dangerous. He sent the stone hurtling in their direction.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Reload Sling (Free Action thanks to Rapid Reload talent)

    Aim (Half Action)
    Shoot Bow-armed Mutant (Half Action): (1d100)[90] vs 68 (BS 48 +20% for Aim with the Sharpshooter talent.)
    Fortune Point re-roll (if needed): (1d100)[6]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[10] (+ 3 for Sling + 1 for Mighty Shot.)

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Steady, dammit! Breathe, focus and AIM! Severing curses himself as another shot goes wide. He reloads and - spotting the mutant attacking Linus - he prepares to attack. But then help arrives in the shape of Gabriele and the caravan's scout. Swiftly changing targets, he tries to bring down one of the mutants dragging away the fallen muleskinner.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If at first you don't succeed...try, try again.

    Half action: Reload sling
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[18] vs. BS 43
    Damage (1d10+3)[6]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Standard attack with sling (1d100)[48]
    Damage (1d10+3)[11]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Torendil nods in satisfaction as another mutant falls. The muleskinners seem safe for now--those two are dragging one off, but he appears dead, and there's no point trying to save a dead man. They should be distracted for a while. He turns his attention to the mutant attacking Linus. Feeling confident in his success so far, he taps once more into the flow of magical current around him.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half Action: Channeling test
    vs WP +10 (46)
    (1d100)[57]

    Half Action: Cast magic dart
    Target 6
    Casting Roll: (1d10)[7] (+1 if channel test is successful)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]

    Extra WP roll either vs insanity or for Ulric's Fury:
    vs 36
    (1d100)[38]
    Extra damage: (1d10)[2]

    FP: 3/3
    Wounds: 9/9

    EDIT: So close to getting Ulric's Fury to trigger! Oh well, casting rolls have been good so far, can't complain about that.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-11-07 at 01:40 PM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Wertha continues crouching in her position of relative safety.

    Seeing the merchant being charged, she almost drops her bow in favour of the dagger at her side - but others have noticed, and arrived to save their (pay)day! Instead, her attention turns back to some of the foul brigands with bows - How are such twisted creatures even capable of using such instruments?


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    HA: Half aim.
    HA: Attack. (vs 51)

    (1d100)[98]
    (1d10+3)[4]

    Fury?

    (1d100)[40]
    (1d10)[5]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa curses as she sees the mutant loom over Linus and joins the scout, blade out as she strikes at the mutant's back.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    WS: (1d100)[29] vs 29
    Damage: (1d10+3)[8]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Carl hurls his stone at one of the archers. He's pretty sure he scores a solid hit. It doesn't spoil the mutant's aim, as it manages to plant an arrow in Carl's shield arm, just missing the shield. (9 dmg. Ouch!) Severin hits the mutant in the leg with his stone. The mutant looks at him with strange ophidian eyes and hisses... before dropping the fallen man and running away. Wertha's arrow lands far short of her target. Once again, Torendil taps into the Aether and sends a bolt of raw energy at a mutant. It starts screaming, slapping itself, trying to put out invisible fires. It barely notices when Alyssa slides her dagger into its legs. It falls down, bleeding out rapidly. The blood seems to hiss and steam as it spills out, whether due to the mutant's unnatural nature, or the strange energy that afflicted it.

    With that, one of the archers screeches something unintelligible. The mutants fighting the guards turn and scatter, trying to flee to safety. The guards manage to nick their assailants as they flee, but they don't give chase. The standing muleskinner backs away from his assailants, who glare at him, but they turn and run as well. They flee in several directions, away from the caravan's stalwart defenders and the cruel magic of the terrible elf, leaving five of their number behind. The caravan is not unscathed, however. One of the muleskinners is quite dead. The other fallen one, who was being dragged away, is bleeding from a blow to the head and is badly concussed. The guards' armor protected them most of the blows, but they are sporting a few bruises and cuts. And George... the caravan master. The arrow in his chest looks quite bad. One of the guards checks him. "I think he's still alive. Tough bastard. What should we do?" One of the strings of mules has managed to flee after the mutants cut the traces; another string is panicking as they try to escape, hobbled and tethered. One of the mules is badly injured by an arrow. The third string is uneasy, but still intact. The scout, Clark, kneels down by Linus. "That arm don't look good. We need to get you to a bonesetter."

    The merchant groans, "Uh. How bad is it. Where's Bernice? Where is she?" He starts looking around. Where is she, indeed? She ran off after the fleeing mules, to try and catch them...
    Last edited by dojango; 2018-11-08 at 12:49 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa helps the merchant to his feet but when she hears about his daughter, she swears, "Taal damn them!" She looks up, trying to spot the mules, Bernice, or any sign of the retreating mutants.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •