The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 748
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The soldier, Jan, gives Severin and Gabriele a toothy grin and puts his arm around Gabriele's shoulders. "C'mon, let's get some more of that pulque they're serving up."

    The villager, Louis, scowls at Jan and says, "What about Elodie?"

    "Don't worry, she ain't the jealous type," replies the soldier, grinning even more broadly. "She might even want to join in..."

    Louis gets redder in the firelight at that, and tags along after Gabriele and Jan like an angry puppy. The threesome approaches an old woman serving pulque out of an old barrel. The festivities are dying down, and the old woman scrapes out the last dregs of the barrel and ladles it into Jan's mug. She gives Gabriele a knowing grin. "Good on ye, sister. Live life to the fullest, for tomorrow we may die, eh?" Nobody seems to care as the trio weaves their way towards the outskirts of the camp.

    None of the other adventurers comments on that, although before Severin leaves, Jedidiah says, "It's a pity there ain't any halfling lasses around, eh?"


    Meanwhile, Alyssa carefully sneaks back towards the camp. She takes a broad, sweeping path to avoid a few couples, distracted as they may be, heading back towards the dancing shadows cast by the camp's tents. While sliding past one, she suddenly comes up short as a young man stares at her blearily. "Oh, it's you again. Where's yer sister?" He looks around and grins. "Want to take a little walk? See the stars?"
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-10-10 at 10:21 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will put her own arm round Jan's waist. 'Come on then.' After a brief 'Be careful' to Severin Gabriele will take Jan's hand and lead him away. She'll do her best to appear relaxed and happy, but will try to watch for Baden or anyone else taking an interest.

    From watching over the camp earlier in daylight, she might have enough of an idea of what the landscape looked like and so will try to gradually make her way to the area where she could best disappear. Assuming of course that she didn't trip over other couples in the dark. At some point she'll pull Jan to her level and whisper in his ear to 'Follow my lead.'

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Gossip test to listen to other people on the way through
    vs. Fel 32
    (1d100)[55]



  3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    None of the other adventurers comments on that, although before Severin leaves, Jedidiah says, "It's a pity there ain't any halfling lasses around, eh?"
    "Won't know that till I'm done with me walkabout, will I? Unless one of your lady friends here is hiding one under their petticoats?" Severin replies with a wink and a grin. "Anyway, nice meeting you all and if I won't see you again, don't go getting pushed into any volcanoes, eh?"

    Taking his leave of Stanislaus and his bodyguards, Severin strolls back into the camp. He winds his way among the tents, stopping to chat with the revellers every now and then to learn more about the size of the camp, how many people there might be here, their expectations for tomorrow, and if anyone has any beer. He keeps his eyes and ears open for any sign that the leader, Baden, or anyone else is following him, and all the while he makes sure that his ambling takes him closer and closer to where he originally entered the camp.

    Spoiler: Tests
    Show
    Gossip test vs. Fel 42 (1d100)[94]

    Perception test vs. Int 39 (1d100)[86]

    Edit: Yikes! Those were bad enough to merit some FP re-rolls. I'll post them in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by rax; 2019-10-12 at 05:43 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    As Gabriele and the others drift through the camp, she tries to listen in on what she can. But the villagers awake are mostly talking about mundane things, like how the harvest has been going, or minor gossip about who was sneaking off with whom. She eventually finds a deserted stretch of the camp and leads her two followers out into the darkness towards where the others are waiting. Severin carefully follows after her. He isn't able to hear much of any interesting gossip either, but he does see two men carrying bows carefully shadowing Gabriele.

  5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Their new friends had told them that they were being watched, so depending on how suspicious they were there was every chance they were being followed. Better to make sure. As they ambled beyond the tents she'll make a point of glancing back every so often as they headed out towards the rocks. If it seemed dark enough, she'll also slip her bow off her shoulder.

  6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Making use of his small stature and night vision, Severin decided to hang back to prevent the archers from easily hearing or spotting him, but at the same time inching slowly closer so that he'd be in a position to quickly intervene with his sling if they look ready to harm his companions.

    OOC: Severin unwinds his sling and keeps it at hand, then shadows the archers.
    Last edited by rax; 2019-10-16 at 04:49 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #667
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Once Gabriele, Louis, and Jan are far enough away from the camp, they duck down behind some of the rocks on the hillside. Their pursuers are silhouetted nicely in the light of the camp, at least at first. They stop, suddenly, and point towards where Gabriele is hiding. They turn back towards the camp, and one of them spots Severin. "Hey, kid. What are you doing out here? Come back with us, it's dangerous outside."

  8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Ranald's rotten luck! What are these people? Human bats!!??

    "Kid? Who...who you calling a kid?" Severin retorts, doing his best to sound drunk. "Can't a body get away to piss in peace 'round 'ere? An' if it's dangerous, 'ow come yer schneakin' 'round in the night?"

  9. - Top - End - #669
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will swear under her breath and aim an arrow towards one of the two men. She won't fire yet but will track his movement. It would probably be difficult to kill these two without attracting more attention, so she'll give Severin a moment to see if he could get out of this.

    But considering Louis had a bow, 'Louis, you ever had to shoot at someone before? Just shoot at the one on the left when I say. If this goes bad just go and find the others.'

  10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Oh, it's one of those dwarf-fellows that came." one of the hunters murmurs to the other. "There's mountain lions and snakes, scorpions and wolves. Scalding springs and sharp ledges. We're headed back to the camp. Best not stay out here too long," the hunters say as they head back past Severin.

    Louis gives a nervous no to Gabriele and shakily draws an arrow and nocks it. They watch as the hunters retreat back to the camp.

  11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Yesch, right. I'll remember..." Severin slurs his reply. He waits for the hunters to pass and once they're sufficiently far away he continues to where he saw Gabriele and her "suitors" disappear.

    "Hey! Gabriele! You out there?" he whispers loudly. "We need to find the others and regroup."

  12. - Top - End - #672
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele lets out the breath she's been holding and will show herself. 'Were they following you or me? Anyway, let's get out of here before they come back.'

  13. - Top - End - #673
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    It takes a few minutes for everyone to reconvene at the hidden watchpost. Elodie is there in body if not in mind, and Alyssa and Torendril wait nervously with the villagers. From your vantage point you can see the main bonfire and the camp. You see maybe a dozen torches being lit, and they start bobbing in the darkness back from where Gabriele and Severin had been spotted by the two bowmen.

  14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Considering I came out after them, I'm going to say they were following you, but that hardly matters now. Looks like they may have noticed their girl's gone missing. I think we need to get going straight away."

  15. - Top - End - #675
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'And they wouldn't want to upset their God.' Gabriele was surprised to see Elodie here but more grateful that she didn't have to try sneaking back into camp. 'So we head back towards the pass and try and lose them. Is she alright to move or does someone need to carry her?'

  16. - Top - End - #676
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The archer looks down at Elodie's foot, which is wrapped in a bandage. "Don't reckon she's fit for a long march, even if she don't feel no pain."

  17. - Top - End - #677
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele frowns, 'Well she can't stay here. What if we head south to this Empire instead?'

  18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa smiles as Severin and Gabriele arrive and says to them, "Alright, well...Seeing as everyone's here, we should definitely split as soon as possible. Maybe two people can carry Elodie? And switch off? I don't like the idea of this Empire, especially if they're anything like the people here."

  19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "No need for anyone to carry her," Severin interjects. "We tie her to Bertrand and she'll keep up just fine. As for where to go, I'm voting we go back the way we came. It's night and as far as I know there's none of us here knows the lands south of here - we'd just risk getting lost or going in circles. If we head back the way we came then you and I can probably keep us moving in the right direction," he says to Gabriele.

    "But just how in the name of Esmeralda's sweet apple pies did Elodie end up here anyway?"

  20. - Top - End - #680
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    To Severin, 'Probably carried the whole way. I imagine they were very motivated to get her here.'

    She'll turn to Elodie, 'Let's get her up then. Elodie, we're going to take you for a ride.' To Jan, assuming Elodie might have travel getting onto Betrand, 'A little help.'

    To Alyssa, 'Splitting up might help. Give them more trails to follow.'

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Gabriele has fishing line but Alyssa apparently has rope

  21. - Top - End - #681
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Louis and Jan glare at each other for a moment, and then help Elodie up on Bertrand. Then they take up position on her side, in case she falls off. At the moment, you're on the side of mountain, in the dark, in the middle of a blasted wasteland. Fortunately, the moons are both up, and full, for tonight is Geheimnistag. The white and green light makes your shadows caper and dance as Severin leads the party through the twisted landscape. Severin has an instinctive sense for where the distant mountains are, and he leads the party through ravines and over ridges. To the others, it seems as if you are travelling in circles, but by the time a few hours have passed, everyone is bone-tired, but you appear to have lost your pursuers, and the lava-fields have given way to the barren hills.

  22. - Top - End - #682
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele wants to rest but isn't sure if it was a good idea. 'It's too light out. If anyone's still following us we won't be that hard to find.'

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Perception to look for any sign of torches behind us
    vs. Int 38
    (1d100)[28]


  23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "It's going to be light a long time, this time of year. I don't think we can count the dark to keep us safe. How about you try and lay a false trail to throw any pursuers off? The rest of us can keep moving for another hour or so and then make camp unless we see clear signs of pursuit."

  24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa nods, replying, "That sounds like a good plan. Are you okay to go on your own, Gabriele?"

  25. - Top - End - #685
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "It's going to be light a long time, this time of year. I don't think we can count the dark to keep us safe. How about you try and lay a false trail to throw any pursuers off? The rest of us can keep moving for another hour or so and then make camp unless we see clear signs of pursuit."
    'I was hoping to sleep at some point.' She'll rub her eyes. 'It's worth a try, but there's no reason they'll take it seriously. I'll wander back and catch up with you later.'

    To Alyssa, 'Better me then anyone else. Most of you are far too noisy.'

    Gabriele will move back the way they came and will try to obscure the most obvious tracks. Eventually she will turn south and try to lay a trail that even a blind tracker might be able to follow.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Silent Move test to avoid being surprised by anyone following us
    vs. Ag 48 (+10 for Rover)
    (1d100)[43]

    Perception for the same reason
    vs. Int 38 (+20 Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[6]

    Follow Trail to obscure our tracks
    vs. Int 38
    (1d100)[9]

    Follow Trail to lay a fake trail
    vs. Int 38
    (1d100)[26]


  26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa nods and replies, "Good luck. Taal guide you."

  27. - Top - End - #687
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabrielle slinks off into the shadows to leave a false trail. She drags some brush over the real trail and leads another trail down south for a mile or two into a box canyon. Then she climbs up a rocky hill (to avoid leaving tracks) and looks around. Although she doesn't see any torches, for a moment, she thinks she hears the sound of distant gun shots. But after a while, nothing further.

    The main party spends some more time travelling west. The sun eventually rises. After a few hours, Gabrielle manages to catch up. By then, all the villagers are unable to continue, and Bertrand needs a rest. They throw themselves down in the meager shade of rocky cliff. Bertrand drinks almost an entire waterskin. It's been nearly two days since your last chance to fill up the water skins...

  28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Everything go alright?" Severin asks Gabriele when she returns, handing her a waterskin to empty. "I think this is as far as we're going for today. Everyone's knackered - we're going to need a longish rest before we can move on...and we're a bit short on water," he says. "Let's hope that those crazy people back there are too busy trying to placate their volcano to waste time coming after us - as I understood it, today was the big day."

  29. - Top - End - #689
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will take the water skin gratefully but will do her best to avoid drinking too much of it. 'No one saw me. I'm absolutely certain of that.' She'll lean on the nearest rock as sitting down might make it harder to get up again if she needed to do anything else. 'Could have sworn I heard actual gunfire from somewhere, which I didn't ever expect to hear down here. Did Herr Vorgrimler and his people have guns or is there someone else out here?'

  30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "I didn't see any, but then I wasn't rifling through their luggage. I mean, they had at least two dwarves in the party - if anyone was packing guns I guess they would be. Hope Vorgrimler and his crew are alright though. They seemed decent enough for Borderlanders," Severin replies with a huge yawn. "You'd best get some rest. I'll try and stay awake for a while. Make sure no one's coming after us and apologize to Bertrand for making him carry all these tall folk everywhere."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •