The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 796
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will grin in triumph as her arrow seems to connect, then she'll hurriedly draw her sword and follow Severin. 'Wait up.'


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Ready Sword
    Half Action - Follow Severin


  2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa creeps forwards, looking for an opportunity to backstab one of the mutants while they're still engaged with the knights.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Shame there's not Sneak Attack rules or bonuses.

    (1d100)[13] vs 29

    (1d10+3)[7]

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    There is a confused melee in the unearthly light of Torendil's magic. In the cramped space, the two knights fight back to back, their superior swordsmanship suffering in the onslaught of the enemy numbers. These mutants are fighting with razor sharp teeth and long claws. One manages to grab on to Sir Leclair's arm and give it a vicious bite. It draws back, blood dripping from far too many fangs. Then it shrieks in surprise as Alyssa manages to shiv it with her dagger. Gabriele approaches, mace in hand, while Severin screws up his courage for a ferocious charge. Just behind them are the two soldiers, trying to make their way forward in the cramped corridor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The corridor is three people wide, so only three in melee at a time.
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-04-08 at 11:15 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Don't do this, you dunderhead! Halflings aren't meant to go toe to toe with flesh-eating mutants! says a tiny voice in Severin's head. Shut it! Alyssa got in there with just a ruddy knife! Besides, if this works, we'll be two against one.

    With a loud cry, Severin launches himself at the same mutant that Alyssa just stabbed, hoping to use weight of numbers to gain an advantage.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Charge attack with mace (1d100)[13] vs. 51 (WS 31+Charge+Outnumbered Foe)
    Damage (1d10+2)[7]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Attack with mace (1d100)[80]
    Damage (1d10)[8]

    Severin has his shield equipped, so he gets a free Parry at +10 and ranged attacks against him take a -10 penalty.
    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Filled with a sense that one of the guards ought to be doing this, Gabriele will follow Severin into combat. Just focus on the one in front of you.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Full Action - Charge

    vs. WS 32 (+10 Charge) (+Outnumbered?)
    (1d100)[86]

    (1d10+3)[6]


  6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa smiles at the success of her attack and draws back, stabbing at the same mutant again, hoping to drop it this time.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d100)[64] vs 39 (base 29+10 Outnumber)

    Damage: (1d10+3)[11]

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Now with some light to better see his targets and his spellcasting, Torendil tries once more to tap into the magic energies of this place, hoping they will empower his attacks. He picks a target, one that doesn't seem badly injured already, and reaches into the aether.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Half action: Channeling test vs WP+10 (51)
    (1d100)[42]

    Half action: casting Magic Dart
    Target number: 6
    (1d10)[7] (+1 for successful channeling test)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin, Alyssa and Gabriele rush into melee. Severin draws blood... well, ichor... from one of the pallid mutants. It screeches and swings a vicious claw at Severin's chest, but it cannot get through Severin's armor. Gabriele spars with one mutant, and gets the worst of it, taking vicious blow from its claws to her head. Alyssa manages to evade the mutant in front of her, but is not able to score a hit on it. To everyone's surprise (except Torendil, of course) a vicious ball of force flies down the hallway and explodes into the mutant facing Alyssa. It screeches in pain.

    In the swirling melee around the knights, Sir Laurens laughs as his foe is unable to get through his armor, and he deals a vicious slice to it. Leclair cries out in pain, however, as two of the mutants manage to overwhelm his defense, biting and clawing at weak spots in his armor. Sir Laurens shouts, "Hang in there Pat! Rally to me, to me!"

    The soldiers are just behind Alyssa, Gabriele and Severin. "Let me at them," one says.

    Spoiler: Torendil
    Show
    Torendil starts to hear the faint sound of screaming. Just beyond hearing, beyond the noise of the melee and the screaming going on right in front of him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bloody round! Severin and Laurens soak their hits, but Leclair and Gabriele take big hits. 9 damage to Gabriele. The soldiers are right behind you, ready to jump in if someone falls or falls back...

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    "Gabriele!" Severin cries out in alarm as the blood gushes from the wound on her head. "Get back! Let's let the professionals handle this!"

    Full Action: Severin Withdraws to make space for the soldiers to move into melee. Obviously he's suggesting that Alyssa and Gabriele should do the same.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa fades back as well, making room for the soldiers as she helps Gabriele get away from the mutants.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    While trying to keep her sword up, Gabriele will try and get as far away from the mutants as possible.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa helps Gabriele stagger away from the mutants. Severin easily slips away as well. The two soldiers push past them, one of them runs one of the injured mutants through with his sword, while the other takes a blow meant for the retreating halfling. It staggers the soldier, but he pushes on. While Sir Laurens helps Sir Leclair fight his way free of the mutants tangling him, Sir Leclair manages to strike down one of his attackers. With half their numbers down, and facing trained knights, soldiers, and an apprentice wizard, the remaining mutants are quickly felled, although one of the soldier and Sir Laurens take minor scratches in doing so.

    Once the battle is done, Sir Leclair leans up against the wall. Sir Laurens grabs his arm. "Pat, are you OK? Speak to me!" Sir Leclair groans. "Ugh, my arm. It hurts." While the knights and soldiers are all injured to some degree, Sir Leclair is clearly the worst off. Gabriele is also heavily injured. The bodies of the mutants lie on the floor. Inspecting them, these mutants appear far less threatening in death. Pallid and scrawny, they are armed with claws and teeth. Most are only wearing crude rags, although one of them (the leader, perhaps?) has a fine cloak. After a moment, Severin recognizes it as having belonged to George Beaumont. Several of them have broken claws, having proven unable to defeat the armor of the knights. There is even a claw stuck in Severin's leather jack.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa nods and says, "Right. We need to get out of here, now." She points back in the direction they came from and adds, "Let's get to it, before any more show up."

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    "You're not wrong, Alyssa, but the defenders here are dead. I want a look at what's beyond - did they choose to make a stand because they had nowhere to go or because there's something they value here? Start moving Gabriele and Sir Leclair back outside - I'll be with you in a moment."

    Stepping gingerly between the corpses, Severin moves to inspect what lies beyond.

    OOC: So the idea is to just move past the mutants a little ways to find out what's beyond - more corridor, a room, or a dead end, and if there's anything noteworthy to see. Severin won't go far by himself, just a round or two of slow movement at most.

    Perception test (1d100)[91] vs. Int 34 if necessary

    Edit: Because the roll sucked so much, if a Perception test is actually necessary, I'll spend an FP and re-roll in the OOC thread. Let me know if I need to do that.
    Last edited by rax; 2019-04-16 at 12:36 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Spoiler: Severin
    Show
    Severin carefully moves up the hallway, relying on his keen halfling eyes to see ahead into the gloom. There is another set of alcoves, their statues toppled into the hallway. Severin moves past that, and finds himself in a large, more open room. Not as large as the central temple, but larger than most rooms. The room appears empty. At the far end, about 10 yards distant, there is what seems to be a throne pressed up against the wall. Severin looks around for a few moments. This room appears to have been swept clean, and recently. There is some other furniture in a far corner. After a few moments of looking around, Severin hears a raspy voice from the throne. "Is it done, then? Bring me their flesh, my son, so that I may taste their strength."

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ionbound View Post
    Alyssa nods and says, "Right. We need to get out of here, now." She points back in the direction they came from and adds, "Let's get to it, before any more show up."
    With her head hurting this much it was hard not to regret coming in here. She'll mumble, 'Agreed. If we come back at all we bring more people.'

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Spoiler: dojango
    Show
    At the sound of the voice, Severin bites his lip to silence an alarmed yelp. If he can't tell that I'm not one of the mutants, perhaps he can't see me...or see me well enough to tell the difference, he thinks, his mind racing. Unable to spot the speaker himself, he begins to back out of the room as quickly and quietly as he can.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin quickly returns out of the darkness back to where the others are fussing over their wounds.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele wasn't sure that was a good idea but at least Severin could move quietly. 'Did you see anything?'

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Severin returns from his scouting, clearly shaken. "The hallway extends a bit further and opens into a big room. It was dark, or course, and there was some kind of throne against the far wall. I didn't see anyone, but there was someone or something in there, 'cos I heard a horrid voice that sounded like it came from the throne. Whoever it was, I think it thought I was one of the mutants - it asked if "it was done" and said I should bring it "their flesh" so it could taste our strength. I didn't stick around after that..."

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa looks deeply disturbed by this response and replies, "So, uh...That sounds like something that we should probably do something about. But, ah...Maybe not right now."

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    That didn't sound good. Gabriele suppressed an urge to make the sign of the hammer. 'Maybe they have Witch Hunters down here?'

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    As the adrenaline of battle leaves him, Torendil has a moment of hesitation--he had heard stories of what happened to wizards who pushed to far into the realms of magic, and he'd tapped into some unknown power without considering its source or the consequences. That could have had unfortunate consequences. He shakes the thought away, however. Everything had been fine in the end and it seemed to have helped; that last bolt had struck particularly hard. That was all that mattered. He approaches the site of the battle a little more closely, still holding the magically lit torch, and stares down at the dead mutants with undisguised distaste. Such disgusting creatures. No wonder they hide in shadows.

    He glances over at the party's own wounded and grimaces. The fight hadn't been quite as bloodless as he'd hoped. He stands near the group as they tend to Gabriele's wounds and discuss what to do next. "I, ah... I hope you are not too severely injured?" He is considering whether to advocate for pressing on, but reconsiders when Severin makes his report, and his expressions sours when Gabriele mentions Witch Hunters. If there were Witch Hunters down here, they shouldn't be bold enough to bother an elven wizard, but those overzealous fools had never been known for their discretion in picking targets. "Perhaps it would be best to return with greater force. I think the knights will have less qualms about that now."
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Witch Hunters? Like in the stories?" says Sir Laurens. He thinks for a moment, and then the scared teenager seems to be replaced with a more assertive tone. "Father says that it's a knight's duty to slay monsters. Let's get the wounded back to the surgeon, and then we'll come back in and finish this." He looks at the magic light. "Uh, very impressive, master elf. Those bastards wanted to fight us in the dark, but we showed them!"

    With most everyone resolved to advance back out the way you entered, the party slowly makes its way back to the entrance. The ruin is silent as a tomb, except for your footsteps and Sir Leclair's labored breathing. Back at the entrance, the remaining soldiers have set up a small camp under the stern eye of their sergeant. The bodies of the fallen mutants (and the unfortunate remains of the fallen men from the caravan) have been heaped up in a pyre a fair distance from the camp, which has just been lit, sending up a thick, unpleasant plume of foul-smelling smoke. When Albrecht sees the group leave the temple, he barely spares Gabriele a glance, quickly rushing a bandage around her head. Once done, he hurries over to Sir Leclair and has him lie down so he can begin taking care of the badly wounded knight.

    Sir Laurens watches him for a bit, sitting by his friend for a few minutes, until Albrecht shoos him away. The knight stands up and addresses the camp. "There's some foul presence lurking in yon ruin. It can't match our blades in honorable combat, and I mean to put an end to it before any more can suffer its malice. Who's with me, men?!" he shouts, raising his sword and pointing it towards the entrance of the temple.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No wounds recovered for Gabriele, sorry

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    "I, ah... I hope you are not too severely injured?"
    'I have been better.' Gabriele will make an effort to try and make more sense. 'I meant to say Witch Hunters in the Border Princes. If all else fails Sigmarites are the sort of people who you want to send to do deal with these things. They're not a fun lot to be around but they hate the right people.' Although she suddenly wondered what they would think of an Elf wizard. 'Mostly.'

    Sir Laurens seemed set on going back in. She really hoped they wouldn't regret it.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa shakes her head at Laurens, and replies, "Sir, with all due respect, discretion is most often the better part of valour. We're all injured to some degree, some more heavily than others, and we're facing an unknown foe. Perhaps we should head back and return in greater strength."

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    "I agree that going back inside would certainly be risky, but with our assistance, Sir Laurens and his men killed six mutants and everyone came back out alive. If we were to go back in, it would be with the good sergeant and these other fine warriors of Bremcote, so we will already have stronger force than before. But certainly the worst wounded should remain here under Master Albrecht's care."

    OOC: If I read things right, the larger part of the expedition's soldiers remained outside when we were exploring. So Severin's statement assumes that we actually have reinforcements right here. If that's not the case, Severin will instead support Alyssa's view.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Sir Laurens points at Alyssa, Severin, and Gabriele. "She has a bannerman's courage. She led the charge. He took on a foul mutant twice his size with a club. And she killed two of the foul beasts herself. Aye, we took some wounds in the doing. But will you soldiers match their courage?" he says. The implication is clear. The sergeant picks up his sword and orders the unwounded soldiers to make ready. In just a few moments another expedition is prepared. Sir Laurens at the head, the sergeant and two armsmen, and three archers all line up to enter the ruin. Once again, two servants gather torches together. "Master elf, can you accompany us with your light? The foul beasts shirk from it, the fiends."

    Four of the soldiers are wounded, as is Sir Leclair, Albrecht has one of the less wounded soldiers holding down Sir Leclair's arm. "Aha!" he says in triumph, holding up a bloody, broken fang in his forceps. "Those Shallyans are always on about washing things with soap and water. Suppose they might be on to something. Fetch me some water from that well you found, would you?" he says, to nobody in particular.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa winces visibly when Laurens mentions her courage, and, as the party prepares, grabs a bow herself, not intending to lead any more charges. She does follow the army back into the dark, arrow in hand and ready for any enemy that might appear.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    "Gabriele, I'm going back in with Sir Laurens' party. Besides the elf, I'm the only one who can see properly in there. Looks like Alyssa's coming too, but with that head wound of yours... I really think you should stay out here and rest."
    Last edited by rax; 2019-04-25 at 05:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •