The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 670
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa shakes her head, replying to Severin, "Not at all...Maybe if the riders are important we can sneak in while they're being greeted?"

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Alright, then. If there's a big hullabaloo when the riders get there, we make our move then. If not, we wait till dusk. I volunteer Alyssa, Gabriele and myself, along with you and you," Severin says, pointing at the soldier who'd been seeing Elodie and whichever one of the village boys that had shown most interest and fortitude on the journey so far. "We're going to need someone with us who can clearly identify that girl and who she might trust," he says by way of explanation. "The rest of you stay low and be ready to cover us if we need to beat a hasty retreat."

    OOC: Severin isn't mentioning Torendil because he honestly doesn't know whether Torendil would be a great equalizer or a great liability in searching the camp. So it's completely up to Torendil to state his preferences.

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'Fair enough. Though I would hope it would be fairly easy to talk her into getting away from here.'

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The riders dip out of sight for a while, and then crest another hill much closer. You can see four humans and two dwarves. As they approach the camp, there is some fuss, some pointing of fingers and people running around. The leader, in his robes, flanked by a few men carrying clubs and bows waits as the riders approach. The lead rider dismounts, reaches forward to shake hands. Eventually the leader of the gathering takes it, and they talk for a few minutes. The other riders then dismount. Space is made for them to sit, and they are served food and drink. One of the riders (one of the humans) sits with the horses who are tied up a dozen paces outside the camp. Food is brought to him as well. He sits and eats, watching the horses, occasionally pacing around, the picture of a bored guard.

    The sun sinks even lower. Musical instruments are brought out, a few fiddles and horns, and some energetic peasant dancing begins. The party continues. The leader of the gathering sits and talks with the leader of the riders for some time, before retiring back to the largest tent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    when do you want to make your infiltration?

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Dwarves on horseback? Now I really have seen it all," Severin comments drily. "Anyone else get the impression that our riders and the folk down there aren't the closest of friends? Maybe just business associates?"

    He watches silently as the riders are given food and as their leader converses with the leader of the camp. "Now that they're having a pow-wow, how's about we make our move? We start working our way down by a roundabout way and then go straight in when it gets just a little darker - not so bad that you big folk can't see anything, but enough so that any sentries are losing the light," he suggests, then stops, tapping his chin as a thought occurs to him. "You know, since we're splitting our forces, maybe the second team should head over there and see if it's possible to grab those horses or at least stampede them once we've gotten Elodie out?"

    OOC: Severin thinks we should start moving about when the riders settle down to eat, but we shouldn't try to enter the camp until it's a little darker. It would be ideal if we could be in position to move into the camp without tripping over our feet once the music and dancing begins.

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'Maybe the Dwarves are hired muscle. Shame we can't ask them what they're doing here.' She won't object to Severin's plan. 'Hey, if there just happens to be unattended food down there, I think everyone should feel free to help themselves.'

  7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa nods to Severin as she replies, "Sounds like a plan to me. I'll head towards Elodie when you think the time is right."

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The lake you had passed the other day was full of dead, floating trees. Someone had taken the effort to haul a few logs up to the festival, and evening drew near, a large bonfire was built at the edge of the camp. On the far side from the tents, to keep away the danger of a flying spark, no doubt. The festival goers continue to dance and sing. The newcomers... well, a few of them jump in, but the leader and the two dwarves sit to one side, alone. Eventually one of the dwarves gets up, heads over to the man guarding the horses and switches places with him. As soon as the sun sinks below the the mountains that you had crossed, Gabriele leads the way, with Alyssa and Severin following. The soldier who knew Elodie says, "I'll go" and his rival from the village immediately says that he'll go. The archer rolls her eyes at that, but says, "I'll keep watch from up here with the others."

    The party makes their way around the camp so they can approach from the sides with the tents. They descend from the small ridge, keeping the tents between them and the revelers at the bonfire. Now, the tents are in a small cluster, with a large tent in the center. They had seen the leader of the cultists leave from there earlier. The tent flaps are at either end of the tent. They are currently closed at the moment. You can't hear anything from the tent over the sound of the music and singing from not too far away...

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Who's for searching the big tent first? If Elodie's a sacrifice in the making, we can always hope the leader might want to keep her near. It's that or we stroll around the place looking for any tent where there appear to be guards."

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'They won't see very well with that bonfire up' Gabriele mutters. To Severin, 'Would you want to keep a prisoner near to the place you sleep? How crazy are these people?' She'll edge closer to the tents and try to see if there's anyone around that might be guarding something.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Perception vs. 38 (+20 Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[69]
    FP if needed
    (1d100)[86]


  11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Alright then, to the main tent. Let's try to act like we belong. We don't need to skulk in the shadows, but we also don't need to stroll about where there's most people, right? And we keep our eyes and ears peeled for any signs that Elodie is somewhere else in the camp. If we're confronted, we just say we're late arrivals from across the mountains. Sound good? Then let's go."

    OOC: Assuming no one objects, Severin takes the lead and heads for the main tent. Once there, he stops and observes in case there are any guards about.

    Feel free to roll any Perception, Concealment or Silent Move tests needed.

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin and his companions drift towards the main tent like ghosts. Except without all the screaming and dragging of chains. Once at the tent, he pauses and waits a moment. He can't hear anything over the noise of the nearby celebration. Peeking inside the tent he sees... well, pitch blackness. A few blurry shapes on the floor.

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "There's some...shapes...on the floor. Assuming this fellow's not a really messy sort, I'm guessing it's people...or pets?" Severin whispers. "We're going to need a little light if we go in there. Anyone got a lamp or a candle?"

    OOC: If someone stays outside and holds up the tent flap a bit, would that provide enough light for Severin to see better inside with his night vision?

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa quietly picks her way down the hill after Severin, whispering to reply, "Damn, I don't. Don't you people have night vision or something?"

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will carefully open the tent flap or else will look around for a lamp if that wasn't enough.

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "I can see just fine in starlight, but when it's pitch black my eyesight's no better 'n yours," Severin whispers back.

  17. - Top - End - #617
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Agonizing moments tick by as everyone's eyes slowly adjust to the pitch black of the tent. The blurry shapes resolve into piles of blankets, and then four sleeping forms. Their breathing is slow and steady as they sleep peacefully, despite the party outside.
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-09-14 at 09:19 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Meh, probably just the leader's family or servants turned in for the night, but I guess we should make sure. Gabriele, I think you're the stealthiest of us. If we keep the flap open, will you go in for a look-see? If anyone wakes up, pretend to be a drunk looking for a chamber pot."

    OOC: Pretty sure Gabriele has the highest Agility of all the PCs with Silent Move.

  19. - Top - End - #619
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Did they have other prisoners? Without speaking, Gabriele will gingerly pick her way inside the tent. As long as she didn't step on any of the sleepers she was confident that she could get away with this. She'll look for anything to explain what the owner of the tent was doing here, as well as the gender of the sleepers if she could make it out.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, and against 58 in rural locations

    Silent Move vs. Ag 48 (+10 if Rover counts in a tent)
    (1d100)[38]

    Perception if needed vs. Int 38 (Darkness)
    (1d100)[3]


  20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa looks vaguely offended at the not-entirely-incorrect assertion that she's not the stealthiest, but nods, taking a lookout position to look for anyone coming to cause problems.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: (1d100)[68] vs 29

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa and the soldier that came with you take position as lookout, trying to see if anyone is approaching. The coast seems to be clear for now. Inside the tent, Severin, Gabriele and one of the village boys wait as their eyes adjust to the darkness. A little light filters in from the bonfire and the full moon outside. Gabriele sees that the tent is sparsely furnished. There is a camp-folding table with a few papers on it, a few packs with clothes scattered around and, of course, the four sleepers huddled in bedrolls. Of the four figures, three have silvery-grey hair in the dim light, but one has brown hair. She turns for a moment. The villager points. "Elodie" he whispers. "What should we do?"

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "This looks altogether too peaceful, and that worries me," Severin whispers back, keeping his voice as low as possible. "What if she's here willingly after all?" he murmurs, chewing his lip in frustration.

    He stares at the sleepers for a moment, unable to decide on a course of action, then suddenly grabs the boy by the arm. "Right. We're doing this. Come with me. When I wake Elodie, I want her to see you and hopefully that'll keep her from screaming, alright?" he says, still whispering.

    With his night vision, he can now see better in the tent than the humans. He leads the boy over to Elodie and motions him to kneel down next to the girl. He then gently shakes Elodie by the shoulder and murmurs: "Elodie! Wake up, girl! We've come to take you home!"

  23. - Top - End - #623
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'You can't really run away when you're in the middle of all this.' Gabriele gestures towards the landscape outside. 'Not unless you're really desperate anyway.' She'll wait to see how the other sleepers reacted to being disturbed.

  24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa breathes quickly as anxiety mounts, finding things all together too quiet herself. She remains on lookout, ready for anything.

  25. - Top - End - #625
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin carefully shakes Elodie. She mumbles a little bit. He shakes her again. "It's you," she breathes softly. "I knew you'd come. I saw it in my dreams." One of the women next to her mumbles. "Quiet girl," and pokes her in the ribs. "My knight in shining armor is here. I always dreamed he'd come..." says Elodie. The women start waking up. "Must have given her too much..." says another one of them. One of the woman sits up and starts rubbing her eyes. "Settle down, girl. We want to get some sleep. Tomorrow's the big day..."

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The other woman sounded like she was here to guard Elodie. Just in case, Gabriele will rest her hand on the hilt of her knife. 'And just what did you give her?'

  27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quick as a flash, a dagger appears in Severin's hand and he leaps over to the woman who's begun to sit up. Grabbing her by the hair, he holds his blade to her throat and hisses at the women. "Nobody moves, and nobody says anything except to answer our questions, got it?"

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    There are a few quiet gasps as the other women realize there are intruders in their tent. Their eyes focus on Severin's blade at the throat of one of the women. She starts trembling a little. "Who... we just gave her something to calm down. What do you want? We ain't got much silver, please, spare us." At that moment, you hear a noise from the other side of the tent as the flap is opened. The village leader is silhouetted against the bonfire from outside. He sees something going on and says, "What's going on here?"

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele rolls her eyes a little at the sound of the new arrival. Was no one keeping a look out. 'Sorry, we just got here and are a little tired. Someone said we could use the tents to rest before tomorrow, but I didn't expect them to be occupied. My friend here was a little startled.'

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charm vs. Fel 32 /2
    (1d100)[30]
    FP to reroll
    (1d100)[99]


  30. - Top - End - #630
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    There is a long silence. The man says, "Ah, yes. Welcome. This tent is for the guest of honor. You must be famished and thirsty besides! Come, join us at the fire for food and fresh pulque. I will have someone show you where you can sleep. Mostly we are sleeping under the stars tonight, in the shadow of the sacred mountain."
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-09-24 at 08:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •