The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 664
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The headshot had been as much due to luck as skill but Gabriele had no problem with that. The mutants probably deserved worse. She send another arrow at the remaining mutants.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Shoot

    vs. BS 47 (+10 Aim) (+range?)
    (1d100)[57]

    1d10+3 Armour Piercing
    (1d10+3)[8]

    FP:1/4


  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    "Well done, that man...er elf!" Severin cheers Torendil. "Keep up the pressure! If we end up losing those two knights, I think we'll be in big trouble with the lord of this land." Reloading his sling he launches another sling stone after the archers.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Severin tries to target the same mutant again, but if he can't spot him, he just launches his sling stone at the closest mutant archer.
    Half action: Load sling
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[74] vs. BS 48
    Damage (1d10+3)[13]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Standard attack with sling (1d100)[99]
    Damage (1d10+3)[11]

    Severin has his shield equipped, so ranged attacks against him take a -10 penalty.
    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3
    Last edited by rax; 2019-02-06 at 12:47 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa turns on her heel when she sees the mutants drawing bows and instead lunges, aiming to pierce the throat of the nearest mutant.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Turn around, attack the nearest mutie: (1d100)[58] vs 29
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6]

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Torendil is quite pleased with how well the illusion seemed to have worked, and with the halfling's compliment. With the archers distracted or scattered he calls up a magic dart--those seemed to have been quite effective before--and fires it off at the creatures who are fighting the knights.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Channeling test (vs. 51)
    (1d100)[46]

    Casting roll (vs. 6)
    (1d10)[6] (+1 for successful channeling test)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6]
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele plants an arrow into a mutant's back and it screeches in pain. Alyssa turns and lunges at her pursuers, but her wicked slash falls short. The two mutants set their bows aside and pull out their clubs, launching savage attacks at her. She fends them off with her right arm, one of them only manages a weak blow on Alyssa's, but the other one gives her a solid hit [5 damage].

    Back at the entrance to the canyon, Severin sends a stone flying at the archers. It misses, and hits a cactus with such force that the top bursts apart. One of the archers is peering around, looking for phantom horsemen, but the other two recover, and send arrows flying at the knights. One hits Sir Leclair in the arm. Enraged, he swings his sword in a downward blow, neatly severing the tentacle of one of his attackers. It falls, and stirs no more. Sir Laurens wounds one of his attackers, and then is surprised as it is hit by a strange eldritch bolt, felling it. The soldiers and the mutants struggle against each other. The soldiers take advantage of their superior training (and armor), and they draw blood, forcing the mutants back. The archers begin a shooting duel with the enemy archers on the cliff, wounding one.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Careful, lad! Severin winces as Sir Leclair is wounded. We don't need Laurens doing anything foolish to rescue you! Speaking of which... He casts his gaze about, trying to catch a glimpse of Alyssa or Gabriele whilst loading his sling.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Reload sling
    Half action: Perception (1d100)[43] vs. Int 34

    Severin has his shield equipped, so ranged attacks against him take a -10 penalty.
    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Oh this wasn't good. She needed to get the mutants attention before they killed Alyssa. 'Hey Herr mutants.' Even if she missed it might distract them a little.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Aim at one of the mutants fighting Alyssa
    Half Action - Shoot

    vs. BS 47 (+10 Aim) (+range?) (-20 firing into melee)
    (1d100)[46]
    Fortune point if missed
    (1d100)[30]

    1d10+3 Armour Piercing
    (1d10+3)[6]

    FP:0/4


  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Torendil smiles as the bolt strikes the mutant, and winds up another bolt. What had he been worried about, exactly? This was going quite well.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Channeling test (vs 51)
    (1d100)[26]

    Casting Roll (vs 6)
    (1d10)[4] (+1 if channeling test is successful)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[7]

    Looks like that one fizzled :/
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-02-15 at 07:12 PM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin deftly places another stone in his sling, and scans the battlefield. With archers on one side of the canyon, he looks to the south side, where he had left Gabriele and Alyssa. He doesn't see any sign of them, nor does he see any signs of any foes. Sir Laurens and Sir Leclair continue to hack away at their foes alongside the soldiers. Sir Leclair is animated by a deadly fury, he down into a mutant's head, and swings his bloody sword around, yelling. Sir Laurens, on the other hand, winces as a mutant strikes him as he tries to fend off another attacker. The mutants seem animated with a new sense of urgency, beginning to push the soldiers back. One soldier takes an exceptionally heavy blow from a twisted, bulky mutant, and staggers back, while a mutant falls with an arrow in its chest. Torendril attempts to sling a bolt of aetheric energy into the melee, but the elusive winds playfully slip out of his grasp as he tries to gather them together.

    Meanwhile, at close range, Gabriele carefully plants an arrow in one of the mutant's back. It turns and hisses at her, rage twisting its strange alien features. It charges at her, club raised for a vicious strike. It lands a glancing blow on her arm [3 damage]. Alyssa is easily able to fend off her attacker, once its comrade is no longer threatening her, she easily plants her dagger in the mutant's unprotected side. [I rolled for her, she got a hit on the mutant]

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Spotting a careless mutant archer, Severin takes careful aim and launches another sling stone.

    "I don't like the look of this," he mutters to Torendil. "Where are Alyssa and Gabriele? Stay here and keep supporting the soldiers. I'm going to look for the ladies."

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Aim (+10 to hit)
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[58] vs. BS 58 (48+10)
    Damage (1d10+3)[4]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Standard attack with sling (1d100)[25]
    Damage (1d10+3)[13]

    Severin has his shield equipped, so ranged attacks against him take a -10 penalty.
    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3
    Last edited by rax; 2019-02-16 at 07:59 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    That worked a bit too well. Gabriele will try and keep the mutant at arms length while she got her sword out.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Ready Sword
    Half Action - Standard Attack

    vs. WS 32
    (1d100)[69]

    Damage
    (1d10+3)[4]

    Wounds: 8/11

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa grins as she watches the second mutant fall and draws her blade back from the one she stabbed, slashing as she draws back in an effort to cut the other mutant off at the neck.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d100)[11] vs 29

    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Smug smile faltering as his next dart fizzles in his hand, Torendil acknowledges Severin--somewhat curtly, perhaps, though mostly because he is focusing most of his attention on his magic--and decides to try a slightly different tack. He targets one of the mutants pressing Sir Laurens, and attempts to compel it to drop its weapon.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I assume at least some of the mutants are using weapons--if the ones in melee aren't, he'll target one of the archers.

    Channeling test (vs. 51)
    (1d100)[97]

    Casting roll (target 4)
    (1d10)[6] (+1 for successful casting test)

    If successful, WP test to resist
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin's slingstone lightly hits one of the mutant archers atop the canyon wall. It flinches, but otherwise is unharmed. The duke's archers find their range, and two of the mutant archers atop the canyon wall fall over, shrieking, their strange bodies tumbling down the wall. The injured one turns and flees. Torendil has trouble grasping the fickle winds of magic, but brute force can suffice where finesse does not... Down in the melee, one of the mutants looks to its clawed hand, surprised as his weapon seems to leap from his grasp. He doesn't see Sir Lauren's blade coming down on his head. While Sir Leclair is struggling, the accompanying soldiers surge forward, cutting down the last of the rabble in front of them. The surviving mutants turn and flee deeper into the canyon.

    Atop the southern rim of the canyon, Alyssa sees her opponent leave his guard open, and she expertly slides her dagger into the gap. It looks down at the blade, before sliding off her dagger in a bloody heap on the ground. The last mutant, fighting Gabriele, manages to evade her blow, and backs away from both women, trying to find an opening to flee from their wrath.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Severin gambles that Alyssa and Gabriele haven't made their way clear across the canyon and makes his way up the south side. As soon as he's made it, he stops to load his sling and scans the area for signs of the two women.

    Perception (1d100)[39] vs. Int 34

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will try and keep the mutant distracted in the hope that Alyssa can finish it off.


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Standard Attack
    Half Action - Parrying Stance

    vs. WS 32 (+10 Outnumbered)
    (1d100)[88]

    Damage
    (1d10+3)[9]

    Wounds: 8/11

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin climbs up to the south rim of the cliff, ignoring the tumult below. As he scans the horizon for the two women, he notices movement. A mutant, strange distorted features grimacing in pain, is sitting down, clutching its leg. Its bow is at its side. The mutant sees Severin at the same time he sees it...

    Gabriele tries to strike down the mutant as it flees. Her wild blow serves to give the thing incentive to move faster... it picks up speed, heading for the cover of a distant ridge, heading away from the canyon.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Seeing the bow next to the wounded mutant, Severin's eyes narrow. After just a moment's hesitation, he brings his sling up, gives it a quick whirl and launches a stone at the mutant.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Initiative if necessary: (1d10+47)[57]

    Half action: Aim (+10 to hit)
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[54] vs. BS 58 (48+10) or 68 (+10 if the mutant counts as knocked down)
    Damage (1d10+3)[6]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable:
    Standard attack with sling (1d100)[27]
    Damage (1d10+3)[11]

    Severin has his shield equipped, so ranged attacks against him take a -10 penalty.
    Wounds (remaining/total): 10/10
    Fortune Points (used/total): 1/3

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    If she let it go there was no guarantee it wouldn't come back on them later. Then there was the memory of those bodies in the canyon. She'll move to retrieve her bow.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    The bow was dropped, so I assume that's a half action to move and another to ready it.




  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    With the mutants set to flight once more, Torendil calls up one more dart of force as they flee, then starts to move up toward the knights and other soldiers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Channeling test (vs 51)
    (1d100)[11]

    Casting roll (vs 6)
    (1d10)[8] (+1 successful casting test)

    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin's stone hits the injured mutant. With a loud crack of bone and chitin breaking on the mutant's grotesque hide, it falls and moves no more. Its crude shortbow at its side. Now that the coast is clear, Severin can see some distant movement to the south, amongst the rocky hills surrounding the canyon. Down in the canyon, he sees Torendil's bolt of magic force explode against one of the fleeing mutants. The mutant flies into pieces as the winds of magic tear it apart. The soldiers continue to chase down the mutants as best they can, although the two wounded soldiers hang back, waiting for the barber-surgeon, Albrecht, to tend to their injuries. Sir Laurens and Sir Leclair, ahorse, outpace the soldiers, hacking away at the fleeing mutants as they run. Several fall to their blades as they pursue them around the bend deeper into the canyon.

    Gabriele readies her bow, nocking an arrow as Alyssa tries to stab the fleeing mutant. The mutant heads as fast as it can towards a nearby ridge... Gabriele will have one shot at it before it disappears over the crest. Unless she wants to pursue her quarry deeper into the rocky hills...

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    He breathes a sigh of relief as the mutant collapses. Glancing down into the gorge, he sees the young knights riding down the fleeing mutants. And now it's a massacre...

    Still worried about Gabriele and Alyssa, he reloads his sling and sets off at a swift jog towards the rocky hills where he thinks he can see movement.

    Perception (1d100)[90] vs. Int 34 to spot potential ambushes.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Torendil sticks close to the soldiers, stepping around the mutant corpses with some distaste, and keeps an eye out for the rest of the group. The threat appears to be gone, but he would still prefer having others nearby if there are more lurking about.

    "That was quite well fought," he compliments the soldiers. "Do you think that there are more of them out there?"
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    For a moment Gabriele thinks about shadowing the mutant in order to finish him off later. She might find out what she had missed earlier. At the same time she doesn't want to let him escape.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Because cannibal mutants. Maybe she'll miss

    vs. BS 47 (+10 for aim)
    (1d100)[48]

    Any damage
    (1d10+3)[10]


  25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ionbound's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Alyssa herself beats a hasty retreat back towards Gabriele, crouching down overlooking the ridge to try to get a good view of the battlefield and warn their comrades about any potential ambushes.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: (1d100)[11] vs 24. You'd think a thief would be better at spotting stuff but I guess not.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele carefully takes aim at the mutant and puts an arrow through its back just as it reaches the top of the hill. It falls, lifeless, so close to escape.

    Severin hikes out to where he thinks Gabriele is waiting. From about 60 paces away, he sees her shoot an arrow off into the distance, towards what, he cannot say.

    Spoiler: Severin
    Show
    He sees movement very close behind Gabriele, and what looks like two strange figures drop behind a patch of scrub about 10 paces behind Gabriele.


    Alyssa heads to the edge of the canyon. There are two bodies near her, one fallen to Gabriele's arrow, and another to her knife. She sees Gabriele shooting at the fleeing mutant. In the short distance, she sees Severin approaching. Once she reaches the edge of the canyon, she sees the two knights cutting down fleeing mutants as they ride deeper into the canyon. She sees the soldiers pursuing as well, followed by Torendil.

    Spoiler: Alyssa
    Show
    She doesn't see any mutants trying to ambush anyone. Down in the canyon there is an butchery and a tanner's stand where the mutants were working, now abandoned. There is a bend in the canyon making it difficult to see further; the knights and the soldiers head around the bend. Alyssa follows along the edge of the canyon and sees...


    The soldiers look nervously at Torendil. "Yes, Mister Elf, thank you. Ah, was that elf magic you were doing?" one of them asks. "You'd know their numbers more than us" adds the sergeant. "C'mon, let's make sure his lordship doesn't get lost or worse." The soldiers begin following the mutants deeper into the canyon. The mutants are too fast for men afoot to catch, although you pass a body or three, cut down by blows to the head by the avenging knights. At one point, the group passes a grim scene. Bodies of men, mules, and mutants are hanging up from racks, being butchered for their meat. The mule hides are stretched out on racks, being prepared for tanning, while a kettle of something is sitting atop an unlit firepit. The smell is deeply unsettling.

    A few of the weaker-stomached soldiers stop to retch, while their hardier comrades step up their pursuit around the bend of the canyon. Torendil sees Sir Laurens and Sir Leclair sitting atop their horses, mouths agape. The canyon ends in a dead-end. At there is a strange structure, carved out of the very rock of the canyon wall. The last few surviving mutants are heading inside...

    Last edited by dojango; 2019-03-05 at 04:08 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin

    Grabbing a stone from his pouch, he reloads his sling and races towards Gabriele.

    "Gabriele! Behind you, in the scrub! Look out!" he shouts.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If it looks like figures are hostile, e.g. they start moving towards Gabriele, then Severin will stop, aim, and fire as soon as he's within 30 yards of them.
    Last edited by rax; 2019-03-05 at 04:58 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'Wha?' Gabriele is too caught up with dealing with the last mutant to notice Severin's approach, but she does take his warning seriously. She did not want to get into another sword fight if she could help it. She'll whirl around with her bow up and nock another arrow while backing away and looking for any new threat.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Free Action to Reload
    Half Action to Move away
    Half Action to Aim

    Perception
    vs. Int 33 (+20 if Acute Hearing is relevant)
    (1d100)[66]


    Wounds: 8/11

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele and Severin turn to face the lurking threat. The scrubby bushes wave menacingly. After a few moments, they notice a large tumbleweed caught in the bushes. When the wind blows, it drags the branches back and forth in a suspicious manner. But the bushes are empty...

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    You really failed that perception test! False alarm.
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-03-05 at 09:39 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    To Severin, 'Don't scare me like that. I don't want to end up shooting someone I'm not supposed to. Is everyone else here? '

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Yeah, I figured

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •