New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Flight 265 [IC] - Issue 1 - Awakenings

OOC: :: Starts kicking everyone. ::
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-05-05 at 10:37 AM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

OOC: Er... Yeah... I'm back in town, but it looks like me posting Eric's next action was a bit premature...
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

Melody gathered herself, inching backwards and away from the scuffle between the men. She was horrified, watching the tall creeper throw his harsh punches at the other two. Having been on the receiving end of one of those hits, she couldn't help but to scream out a warning. Unfortunately, in her haste, she realized that it was an actual, defensive screech.

"STOP IT!"

It was too late to warn anyone, or to move things, or to tell people to get out of the way, the damage was done and her voice manipulated the air around them. She wasn't sure what was going to happen, but she had a feeling she may have hindered her apparent comrades.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry 'bout my delay, things have got crazy busy for me lately. As for the Melody's action... well, I have no idea.
    The creature in the darkness is chargin' it's lazor! (Pox's product of late-night boredom)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan simply grits his teeth and waits for the teleportation to kick in.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Away Team
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a flash as you teleport, and the feeling you are at once being compressed into a tiny little point, and being torn apart atom by atom. Not comfortable at all. Still, although it seems like it runs longer, the sensation only exists for a moment. Then...

On Site
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daniel struggled with the stranger for a moment, trying to use his impressive strength to force his foe into a choke hold. However as Daniel poured his impressive strength into the battle, the stranger did not waver in the slightest. He met Daniel muscle against muscle, and did not seem to waver at all. Then suddenly, as Daniel finally stopped holding back, the stranger casually stepped to the side and hurled Daniel across the field, landing close to the tree line.

"Tch..." clicked the stranger, shaking his head somewhat sullenly "...I thought you'd be more of a challenge Daniel. Your rage binds you and blinds you. You will have to le-"

Melody's scream, which was something more than a scream, interrupted the stranger and knocked him back. It knocked everyone back (except Daniel) - lifting even the heaviest among them off their feet and out of the air with a wave of concussive force.

All Together Now
    It was at that moment that Lawrence reappear with the other members of the group. The flash was much the same as it had been previously - at once bright and brilliant and almost non-existent. They were just there, having literally come out of nowhere.

The effort of teleporting so many had taken its toll on Lawrence though - he seemed tired, weakened by it all. He stooped to take his breath as the others readjusted to their surroundings. It was only a moment, perhaps. But it was enough.

The stranger was on his feet again. Grinning a toothy grin. "My little songbird seems to have found her voice. Your life is marked Melody. Destiny demands it. I demand it. A reprieve you have now, thanks to your ignorant friends. But they will not always be there to guard you."

With that he vanished in much the same way as Lawrence had appeared....
    *Insert something witty here*

6. - Top - End - #486
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome back, New Guy!

Melody

She stood there, trembling head to foot, staring at where the creeper had been. Her gaze turned on Dainel, the strong and handsome man who couldn't take him down in strength. Robert had advanced on him with a sword, and as intimidating as the guy looked, the bad guy just stepped away.

Walking out of the dark cover of the trees, she stood in the middle of the clearing, looking around at the people who've appeared and the comrades at the scene.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I was just trying to help..." She paused and furrowed her brow, pretty features working out something else. "Who are you people?"
    The creature in the darkness is chargin' it's lazor! (Pox's product of late-night boredom)

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    :: Happy dance! :: Yay! Can't wait to get this going again! One question, though. Did Daniel get hit by Melody's sonic scream and just not get affected or was he thrown far enough away that he wasn't caught in it?

Daniel Horton

Daniel pushed himself to his feet as the Creeper teleported away, his teeth gritted in annoyance and frustration rather than pain. Despite his clothes being a bit dirty and tattered from the furrow he'd plowed into the ground upon landing, he seemed no worse for wear. In fact, he seemed completely unhurt despite his struggles with the stranger. He spat some dirt out of his mouth and raked his fingers through his hair as he walked back the distance he'd been thrown to join the others.

"Sound off! Is everyone alright? Jesse's not...he's just knocked out, right?" he asked, ignoring the fact that his shirt collar was ripped open, one of his sleeves had nearly ripped off at the shoulder seam and he was covered in dirt and grass stains. "Miss, are you hurt?" he said, turning his attention to Melody as well. "We're like you. Flight 265 survivors. They were just keeping us in a different building. I'm Daniel, this is Eric, Nathan, Robert, and Lawrence." he explained in answer to her question, gesturing to the others from Alpha Prime as he did so. "You might know some of the others."

Man...that guy was strong! He was pretty much my equal in strength, plus he's got all those other powers. Argh...and he knows how to push my buttons, too. Daniel thought as he looked over the others. Still, we did pretty well for our first super brawl. No one died. he thought, relieved, but his brow still furrowed. Now we just have to find him again and put him down for good next time...

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison
    Robert de-fired. "Will future seeing guy be able to help us anymore? We might be able to still catch him."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan manages to adjust to the scene before him just as the stranger teleported away. He was especially surprised to see Daniel at the end of a long furrow. Jeez. Whoever did that must be incredibly powerful. The guy took a gunshot to the face without blinking.

"Er, what exactly happened?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric McMahon

Eric shook his head to shake off the effects of the teleport, then looked around.

What happened? Daniel, are you OK?
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daniel was thrown clear of the Melody's sonic attack by the stranger. He had a very good roll.
    *Insert something witty here*

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

"We came in as this creep was beating on our guys over there after they found him first." Daniel gestured to the other survivors that weren't part of Alpha Prime. "Those who could still stand had him against the ropes between us, I even got him in a clinch for a moment or two until he threw me over that way, then he disappeared. Even did the whole stereotypical 'You haven't seen the last of me!' garbage, more or less. Kept talking about destiny demanding her death. Not only that, but he knew me by name." Daniel said, trying to pull his sleeve back up over his shoulder for a moment. Eventually he gave up and just ripped it off completely, followed by the other to keep himself symmetrical. "He's got something like Lawrence's ability, and he's strong too. At least a match for me, probably stronger."

"Anyway, he said he'd be back. He's gunning for...Melody, right? If he shows up again, it'll be wherever she is." he reasoned, looking over towards Robert. "So I don't think we should bother going after him. He could be miles away by now. We know he's going to try to kill Melody again, so we should work on trapping him when he does. Miss, could you come over here a sec?" he called to Melody.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan checks the scene in more detail, noticing the injuries that the group had sustained.

"Explanations can wait for now. We need to get back before Jesse bleeds to death."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison
    "Secret identities be damned, I think one of us needs to fly him to a hospital, stat."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

"I don't think that's necessary. I'm sure Ann won't have a problem healing him."