Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Ghostwise City

The Informants

Dream [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It spreads, and it feeds itself. And it feeds me. I suppose we are kin, of a kind."

Dammer's Freehold
    Dreams [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a certain... hunger, in the voice. And almost a triumph.
    "Would you strike a covenant?"

Thousand Sails
    D. Flavius Marinus [3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    But of course, bring plus two, if you wish!

The Fademen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain Mov,

First of all, we must congratulate you on your voyage. You are the talk of the town. And probably some other towns, over the ocean.

Now. Salt production is usually low over the winter. We produce by evaporating seawater, and the rains spoil that. But we have stockpiles from the late autumn that we haven't shipped yet. We would be very interested to ship them earlier. We could arrange payment in a share of profits, or a reduction on mercenary fees. Which, yes, are still very much available.

Yours,
    lady Brokenheart

Hornblende's Phalanx [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you need us for? I calculate prices based on that. Anywhere from 1/2 to 3 [cash/military].

Hornblende

leras [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good enough. The city takes some getting used to, but the work is fine and we can not complain."

Syndicate of Rats [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arora nods.
    "Of course. This is Liera."

The Floating Carneval [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Be assured of whatever political support you need.

Legio Pegasus

Temple of the Sky [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Honoured Legatus Gaius Voltinius Harenacus

Can you elaborate? We had vague reports of at least one such spirit, perhaps even several, but we only have few trained inquisitors. What have you found and how can we help you?

High Priest Sadic Valentius,"

Eithne's Apothecary
    D. Flavius M.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Just be yourself, Lady Eithne. I am sure you will bedazzle half the city just by yourself. Just know that half the people at that party are well-versed in that kind of thing. They expect this kind of thing and know how to go through al the steps of giving you money already.

OOC Yes, I will get a post up later.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rialta Guard Security: 7

To Legio XII Pegasus
    Spoiler
    Show

Honorable Legatus,

Before we proceed, I would like to both thank you for your correspondance, and remind you that while we both live in the Empire, the Guard is a civilian organisation, and you cannot give us orders. I am, as always, prepared to listen to your requests, but I feel I should make this point clear. I would hate for any confusion to result in ill feelings.

As for the matter of Craterside, it is hard to say exactly what occurred. The first attackers were wearing legion armour, albeit outdated and rusted versions of it. I wonder if you know where they may have acquired such equipment?

I suspect an outside force co-ordinated or at least tipped off the other forces involved. I have reports of looters, of what witnesses claim are Sicarians committing horrid murders, and of... elementals or magical beings. Of light, or of fire. Warriors from outside the city, too, were seen raiding and killing.

House Umbrina is to be commended for assisting in keeping the peace after the attack, but the neighbourhood is severely damaged. With so many disparate forces seemingly involved, it is hard to know where to begin. For now, I suggest that your troops see to the Walls. If any of these raiders came from outside the city, it must not happen again.

I will do what I can to investigate, but my men are guards, not spies.

Your friend,

Jacobi Albini

House Sempiterne Aranea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your offer, Bishop. I appreciate it. I will allow your men onto the sites to tend to the dead. However, I ask that you respect the wishes of the relatives of the deceased whereever possible.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Rest assured that those who spill the blood of Rialtans in their homes will be made to regret their actions.

To House Umbrina
    Spoiler
    Show

To the Good Sir Cassian,

My blood boils when I see what has been done in my city under my watch. I will do all I can to see that the perpetrators pay in blood. I am afraid that my men were spread across the city, only gathering in force to restore order after the attacks occurred, so what I have is limited. I would be happy to meet and discuss what I know in more detail, however.

I would also appreciate the co-operation of your House in these trying times.

Jacobi Albini

To the Rialta Mercantile Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brothers, Sisters.

I am sorry for what has occurred. I am sorry for what you have suffered. I am sorry my men did not stop it. I promise you, I will find who did this crime. They shall know that to attack a single Rialtan is to attack every one of us.

Anything you can provide to assist with our investigations would be greatly appreciated, and I hope our co-operation will continue as before. In exchange, if there is anything I can offer you, you simply have to ask.

Jacobi Albini

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thousand Sails Trade Company

Security 6

Players

Eithne’s Apothecary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed, my company’s contribution will be [10 cash] for the purchase of supplies, land, and labour. Your Apothecary must provide the architects and expertise for the construction and operations.

Regards,
    Mordred Hirgan

NPCs

Flavius Marinus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Marinus,
    Excellent, myself and my daughter, Marcia will attend, as well as Captain Karnum, fresh from his winter voyage. I look forward to the festivities.

Regards,
    Mordred Hirgan

The Fademen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lady Brokenheart,
    Thank you, I'll be sure to pass it along to Karnum. Though if to many more people stroke that ego of his he might float away with all the hot air in his head.

Well as said we are looking for mercenaries. There's a bit of chaos in Craterside, as you probably heard. They're targeting moneyed folks, and as a merchant who relies on other merchants we take that as a serious threat. We might be large enough to deter a direct assault like Craterside took, but that's a stiff maybe and doesn't account for the folk left vulnerable in Rivermarket. So we are intending to move in and set up shop, let the barbarians know we stand together, but we need more security to handle the new logistics and make good on our promise.

How much do your folk think you could make off a winter voyage like our company will be making?

Regards,
    Group Captain Mov

Horneblends Phalanx
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Horneblend,
    Chaos in Craterside has prompted a response from my company. Our trade relies on middlemen like the merchants in Rivermarket, and while Thousand Sails may be large enough to deter such an attack, the independent businesses in Rivermarket have no such luxury. We do not have the forces to cover the entire area ourselves against the barbarians, so we are hiring mercenaries to cover until we can entrench the position. Perhaps more in the coming months if we need to help push the dogs out of Craterside.

What's your price for such an operation. We are looking for somewhere between [2 and 4 mil].
    Regards,
    Group Captain Mov

The Syndicate of Rats
    Spoiler
    Show
    The meeting takes place in one of the more private offices in the Trimast, the window looks down into a small courtyard where a shrine has been nearly constructed in hopes of calming the frustrated spirits. The office is occupied by half a dozen figures, two of whom appear to be tailors locked in conversation about materials for undershirts. Mr. Hirgan is in between the two looking impatient, while Captain Karnum, Commander Witalius, and a young girl who bears passing resemblance to Mordred are idly chatting about the upcoming fundraiser. With the new arrivals Hirgan waves away the tailors, promising them a resumption of the fitting later, and asks the young woman to take the minutes of the meeting.
    Redgrave introduces everyone, then Karnum will begin.
    “Well I see you ladies have also been clothes shopping. I hope you aren't planning to uh… work the fundraiser. As you've probably already heard, thieves of a far more violent method than yours have crashed through Craterside. Dodged both Umbrina and the Guard like some kind of ghosts, targeting merchants. Any guesses on who might be responsible? I know you worked fairly independently, but any lead is something.”

Witalius will also chime in.
    “We are moving into Rivermarket as well soon, anything you can share on the Carnival and the Mudlarks?”

Mr. Hirgan remains silent, a slight grimace on his face. The young woman takes notes with impressive speed, not even needing to look at her hand while writing.

The Floating Carnival
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Priestess,
    An appeal from your group directly to the governor would be most appreciated, else simply respond in favor of my company when he contacts you.

Regards,
    Mordred Hirgan

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dammer's Freehold

Security: 4

PCs:

Spoiler: Thousand sails trade company
    Show
    Group captain Mov,

I understand, such information can be quite valuable to the right person, do let me know if you get clearance tough.

Your concerns do seem to be unfounded captain, let not our humble background fool you, the freehold's soldiers are a model of discipline, we do not "pillage" when hired to protect Captain. With that out of the way I wish to condone your actions, someone oughta protect the people, and it'll be my pleasure to help, cost still withstanding of course.

Since your aim is to protect river market I can offer you a different deal, the core of the freehold is right now in rivermarket, for [3 cash] we stay there for the season and take the district under our protection and if any troublemakers come for the merchants there they have to go through me...

On other matters, thanks to a couple of good dealings with some traders from Daghir's land I've gotten a hold of a couple of exotic goods, and I was wondering if you'll have any space in your holds to send them on the next voyage?

Admiral Dammer Estragoth (lord seemed kind of pretentious).

Spoiler: Legion XII Pegasus
    Show
    Legatus Gaius Voltinius Harenacus,

I intend to help the governor through the current tension (don't worry, it isn't just out of the kindness of my hearth, I know you don't believe in that) and helping get rid of the sicarian threat seems to be as good a start as any. I also like to be informed, and not that I doubt your prowess but large organizations like that don't just crumble in one combat, no matter how brutal their opposition.

-Dammer Estragoth.

Spoiler: Eithne's Apothecary
    Show
    Miss Eithne,

My, I didn't know we were on dear terms yet, not complaining. My blessing is already yours, and I encourage you to go about picking a suitable ship, and I request patience with the money I may be able to provide the full [4 cash] within the month, depending on some business ventures but I expect it to be slower.

-Admiral Dammer Estragoth

NPCs

Spoiler: Dreamscape
    Show
    Dammer shuddered, how the hell did a voice sound like a victory parade? How the hell did he even know what a triumph sounded like? He answered with tentative optimism.

"sure, what covenant? And how are they related to the loss of my men? I know you know a lot, so don't worry I'm up for anything that lets me recover or at least avenge them, but I need to be on the loop. Being less cryptic would help, as long as it doesn't ruin your vibe."
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

House Sempiterne Aranea
    Even Death serves the sky

Security 7

Spoiler: The Beggar Priest
    Show
    The priest watches from behind his mask. "We would like to help sponsor you through coin and protection if necessary. We don't have much in the way of income as, like you, we work with donations or the inheritance of the passing but we are established and want to reach out to the living, so they in turn come to us and realize our importance in death. So in exchange for this patronage we would ask you aid us in sheparding those soon to depart to our doors, that you keep your ear to the ground and provide us with important information on the goings on in this place so we can aid the citizens. We know so many ignore the beggers, the orphans and those who clean and maintain their city but we do not and we want these people to help us build a better tomorrow."

Spoiler: Legio XII Pegasus
    Show
    Thanks to your donation we in turn can provide your esteemed legion the right to a ruin walker (OOC: Will provide a minor bonus to combat for a VIP as it fights next to it and aid in protection against assassination attempts as you have an undead bodyguard next to you. This is common in the empire and nobles and merchants have all paid a great deal to have such protectors) We can also listen to the deads final whispers if you so choose to do that instead. (OOC: A ritual that lets the house hear the final whispers and thoughts of the dead revealing critical information)

We will investigate this spirit for you and provide information as we come across it so we can better tie ourselves together and aid you in the protection of our future here.

Spoiler: Eithne's Apothecary
    Show

The priest chuckled and shook his head, "I am afraid we could never afford such a sum, to dedicate so much to the living when we care for the dead is against the house BUT we do want your presence here so what we will do is the donation we came for (1 wealth) we will dismiss and we will donate (1 wealth ourself) to its construction, we will still grant you 1 of our services (Creation of a Ruin walker or speak with the dead) and in exchange you bring your strong security abilities (by establishing your apothecary) to the burrows and aid in the regions well being, and you promise us you aid us (Via 5 research) on a joint project where we promise to share equally in the results."

Spoiler: Rialtan Guard
    Show
    Our house is the official house of the empire, when it comes to care for the dead all others are heretical and inhumane... That being said if this is the demand of the Rialtan guard, if it is brought to our attention that one worships false paths to the afterlife we will abandon the soul to their care and pray for their souls as they lead it toward oblivion.

We will aid you in anyway we can.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Legio XII Pegasus
    Security: 10.

Spoiler: House Sempiterne Aranea
    Show
    Archbishop Mephis Hath,

Please use the ruin walker to your own best effort and share with us what information the dead may have on the Sicarian Brotherhood and the vengeful spirit. Attached with this spirit is information regarding the threat.

Legatus Gaius Voltinius Harenacus

Sicarian Brotherhood Headquarter.

Activities: Funeral rites.
    Once a month flat barges discreetly travelled to the headquarter with groups of people looking wealthy despite keeping to anonymous clothing. The barges have contents covered with tarps, underneath which are flowers and funerary gifts.

Appearance: Hovel built into a cliff, a front for the tunnel beyond it.

Interior: A single tunnel dug into bare earth leads deep to a large central chamber with niches in the walls. Black marble on the ceiling, walls and floor. In the middle an altar made from a boulder. Skulls surround it, including small skulls.

Encountered forces:
    - A corpse on the alter which rose and fought before being downed.
    - Sicarians in the niches, all downed.
    - An angry spirit, screaming about fire, blood and us slewing their children, crucifying their sons. Vengeance is the source of its strength and is used to stir vengeance in those around it. The Sky Shamans were unable to bind the spirit as it escaped.

Spoiler: Governor
    Show
    Governor Manius Lartia,

I am reporting about information from the Thousand Sails Trady Company. They reached the continent at the north of the Empire and encountered Legio Minotaurus. There they saw the legion did not fly the Imperial Flag and has taken control of a town and surrounding villages.

Please confirm whether Dammer's Freehold is assisting you or not.

Find attached the Legion's report on the Sicarian Brother threat.

Once a month flat barges discreetly travelled to the headquarter with groups of people looking wealthy despite keeping to anonymous clothing. The barges have contents covered with tarps, underneath which are flowers and funerary gifts.

Interior: A single tunnel dug into bare earth leads deep to a large central chamber with niches in the walls. Black marble on the ceiling, walls and floor. In the middle an altar made from a boulder. Skulls surround it, including small skulls.

Encountered forces:
    - An angry spirit, screaming about fire, blood and us slewing their children, crucifying their sons. Vengeance is the source of its strength and is used to stir vengeance in those around it. The Sky Shamans were unable to bind the spirit as it escaped.

Spoiler: Rialta Guard
    Show
    Jacobi Albini,

Thank you for the information. Regarding your question about outdated and rusted versions of the legion armour, I suspect that they have been obtained from the time the Empire brought its flag to this settlement. In the skirmishes, legionnaires fell and their armour, despite the efforts of the Empire, may have been obtained at the time, to only now see use.

From what I make of your report, a chaotic situation has developed in Craterside. Could you name each force involved by your records and report to the Governor as well?

Spoiler: Dammer's Freehold
    Show
    Dammer Estragoth,

To answer your earlier question: The Sicarian Brotherhood is not wiped out fully, just as you suspected. Aid in finding out where their remaining forces are hiding out now would be appreciated.

Considering your intention to aid through this tension, what do you think of the tension in Craterside?

Spoiler: Thousand Sails Trade Company
    Show
    Group Captain Karnum,

Thank you for reporting the information and upholding your civic duty. A certainly dire situation to hear of with Legio Minotaurus foresaking the Imperial Flag and taking to such practises. Do you have information on the closest settlement from the harbour you docked at where the Imperial Flag does fly?

NPCs

Spoiler: Temple of the Sky
    Show
    Honourable High Priest Sadic Valentius,

The help the legion requires is to find the spirit and defeat it. Attached with this letter is information regarding the threat.

Encountered forces:

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

IOSSAU HIGH IMPERIAL HOUSE OF COMMERCE
    Rialta Office

Director Marnus Wailing's office looked out over the harbor, so that he could see the ships as they came in and watch the workers and traders in the sandy courtyard below, where goods were brought from those ships before being tallied and sold. It was usually a pleasant view, full of crystal-blue water, tropical weather, and the deeply satisfying signs of productivity.

Today, it was full of soldiers.

The breeze off the bay meant that the smoke from Craterside hadn't infiltrated the Exchange, but Wailing fancied he could smell it anyway. Burnt wood and broiled flesh, the signature cologne of wealth and lives destroyed. It was a familiar scent.

The Director was a master of logistics, which is what had gotten him this position in Rialta, but it was a mastery that came from organizing supplies for a struggling village, and orchestrating bandit raids when those supplies proved inadequate for Iossau's hard blackwater winters, rather than buying and selling goods at market. He often let his underlings handle the actual business of the House, with him watching hawklike over their shoulders to instill the proper sense of nervousness that prevented embezzlement. But this? This was his game, this was something he could get his hands into. Raiders and slaughtered merchants and fire in the streets, oh yes indeed, Marnus Wailing knew these things of old. Knew them like the back of his hand, like the stretch of Iossau swampland they called the Liar's Pit, where many an unsuspecting traveler had vanished when Wailing's village had needed the food they were carrying and the coins in their pockets.

That village was now a small, prosperous town, well-fed and comfortable, with a stone wall to keep out anyone who might be too much like Wailing and his boys used to be. The Liar's Pit had been dredged, and Wailing's old lieutenant had built herself a rather nice boardwalk manor above it. And Wailing himself was now a Director of the House, a cunning merchant in charge of trade and charter, moving far greater wealth but with far less stakes--no one would starve if the Rialta Office had a bad month of trading, after all.

But some things never really change.

"Barbarians, they say," he muttered to himself. His hand lay heavy on the hilt of his old hunting knife.

"Hm?" his secretary said.

"Barbarians," Wailing repeated. "That's what they called us, back in the day. Now I'm here, listening to reports that barbarian raiders are hunting merchants in Craterside. Funny how perspective changes things." He stroked the hilt of his knife, feeling the spot where the metal of the handle was scored underneath the leather, the mark of a blade that had almost taken his fingers from him ten years earlier. "Don't imagine these *******s are going to be as lucky as we were, though."

He nodded to the captain of his House Regulars. "You've got your orders. Move out. Make sure this **** doesn't flow downhill."

Spoiler
    Show
    From the desk of Marnus Wailing
    Director, Rialta Office

Sir,

We might very well have an excellent opportunity for us both here. We have been working with the apothecary Eithne to mass produce certain of her medicinal cures recently. With civil war breaking out on the mainland, the threat of disease is no doubt increasing dramatically, and I have no doubt that these medicines would be greatly in demand in all parts of the Empire. We should definitely discuss putting together a shipment.

Regards,
    Director Wailing

Eithne's Apothecary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madam,

I have an opportunity for us to send a midwinter shipment of your medicines to the Imperial mainland, to help fight the diseases that are sure to spring up in the wake of the civil war. TO provide those medicines, however, we will need to improve our resource gathering capabilities. If you have any suggestions in that direction I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

Regards,
    Director Wailing

Rialta Mercantile Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    An armed secretary surrounded by a squad of House Regulars ventures forth into Craterside to try and get information from the Union about who attacked them, and why.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

8. - Top - End - #158

PaladinGuy

Security 6

Players

Dammer's Freehold
    Spoiler
    Show

Admiral Estragoth,
    Good to hear you can keep your folk in line. Puts you a cut above others who have claimed the title of Freehold. We are in talks with both the Fademen and Horneblend. Most likely have Fademen handle security and either yourselves or Hornblend cover more direct military action, if needed.

As to our winter voyage what goods are you referring to? We are in talks with several parties interested in the trip, and will certainly consider your offer.

Regards,
    Group Captain Mov

P.S. Captain Redgrave insists I put in something about more rock nuts. Won't say anything else, I hope this is some in joke and not a grave insult.

Legio XII Pegasus
    Spoiler
    Show

Legatus,
    I will have the logs consulted and send a report on the port and anything else we may have learned. I am pleased to be of service.

With regards to the events in Craterside, I hope you will consider my company when planning to deal with the situation. The barbarians targeted the wealthy folks of the Rialta Mercantile Union, some of whom were friends and business partners. I can speak for my entire company when saying we are upset that this could have happened at all, but more than that, moving assist the situation. With the approval of the Priests of Lupa we will be moving into Rivermarket, thereby cutting off escape to the river for the aggressors and protecting the independent merchants there.

Regards,
    Mordred Hirgan

Iossau High Imperial House of Commerce
    Spoiler
    Show

Director Wailing,
    I am glad to hear you are working with Dr. Eithne, I will of course be happy to discuss a shipment of medicines to the mainland. Though I am at present discussing the winter voyage with several other interested parties, how much does the House think it can profit from the voyage?

Regards,
    Mordred Hirgan

NPCs

The Rialta Mercantile Union
    Spoiler
    Show

Well at least we found some. Let them know they have safe haven in the harbor, we’ll put them up in the Saltbreath if we have to. I figure we have at least somewhat decent relations after the meeting and voyage last turn.

The Turtle Tribe
    Spoiler
    Show

Bump for my last post on turn one, went looking for the tribe.

GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Two questions!
    Do the Auspex maps and charts cover the whole winter? Or just the first month?
    There are still people fighting in Craterside right? It's certainly been implied, but never directly confirmed.
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2018-12-27 at 05:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

A Night to Remember
    D. Flavius Marinus has pulled all the registers, that much is clear. Several acres of jungle have been cleared at the western edge of the city, then covered with endless yards of waxed cloth against the ever-present damp of Rialta's climate. The pavilions errected on it are of excellent make, waterproof and tall enough that for a while, one might think themselves back in the capital, warm, rich and most importantly dry.
    Flavius is taking on the role of host himself, standing at the main entrance in a blue and silver suit that very cleverly displays his impressive physique, greeting each group of guests in turn with a radiant smile. Above him hangs the evening's so far only reminder of the purpose of this meeting a banner reminding everyone that this is the "Health of Rialta - Charity Event".
    Inside, all the luxuries of Rialta and further afield are freely available. There is a dance floor made of exquisitely joined local black wood, with flute and lyre players playing festive tunes. Next to it, in separate pavilion, an impressive banquet, featuring both a wide variety of local fruit, fish and jungle fowl, with imported delicacies from all over the empire: hundreds of dishes, total, though a discerning eye might notice that the Imperial dishes are heavy on cured meats and pickled vegetables, the transport situation being what it is. And in the third large tent, a good hundred low couches, arranged in the typical arrangement for eating or chatting, with dozens of white-clad servers bringing the guests everything they desire.
    There are passages leading to an astonishing variety of smaller tent rooms, containing more unusual fare: there are cages of exotic animals for the guests to marvel at, featuring a white bear from the northern ice and a gigantic crocodile from further upriver, and, far back, a serpentine, coiled black shape covered in slimy-looking dark feathers that the handler claims is a real basilisk. There is a chamber of birds, trained to sing tunes in a chorus. There are private discussion rooms, card games, various drugs to be eaten or smoked, there are beds for those guests currently too weary to remain at the main party, even a small, heated bath.

Flavius, it seems, has thought of everything.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    The party is mainly thought as a roleplaying opportunity, to get characters talking to each other a bit. Everyone is invited, it would be nice if people let one of their VIPs show up at the party and perhaps chat a bit.

10. - Top - End - #160

The Rialta Guard
    From the Mercantile Union [1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is not even a coordinated response anymore. The union, it seems, is all but wiped out as an organisation. Some disjointed pieces of information trickle in on short letters. They note little that wasn't in the original reports: several groups, hit and run tactics, various eqiupment. Several re-affirmations of bounties put out on the raiders.

Thousand Sails
    The Fademen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "With a hold full of salt? Up to a dozen [cash], if we can get through with it. The empire is voracious for salt. "

Hornblende's Phalanx [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Uncertain danger levels,but mostly a guard job? We can do that for [1 cash]/[2 sec] for a month. Is that amenable?

The Syndicate of Rats [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arora smiles, leaning against a wall with a certain insolence. "Ah, the fundraiser. The invitation said everyone important is invited, I thought we might go. But regarding the carneval and the mudlarks, well, not really our demographic, you know? The first are too powerful to steal from, the second too poor. My apologies."

The Floating Carneval
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordred Hirgan,
    If you wish. You have our endorsement.

Dammer's Dreamscape [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The covenant is simple. You will sacrifice, for vengeance. And I will give you power. For vengeance. You will give me the blood of a few, and I will give you the power to spill the blood of many, many more. The cycle must continue."

11. - Top - End - #161

House Sempiterne Aranea
    The Beggar Priest [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Noble sentiments, and I more than most appreciate the good that the embrace of death can do for those who suffer. You need not give me anything, but perhaps give in our shared name to those who really need it. I will help you."

Legio Pegasus
    Imperial Administration [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured Legatus,

That is worrying information. Not unexpected of course, the Minotaurus would not be th first legion to try and carve out their own province. In time, they are usually put down. But it is a sign that neither heir fully has the trust of their armies.

As for this spirit of vengeance, please ask us for whatever resources you require. Such a thing can not be free in our city.

Governor Manius Lartia

The Temple of the Sky [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Honoured Legatus,

I can't say we didn't suspect that there were dark spirits abroad in this city. From the description of it, we likely will have to cooperate to get it bound. With your permission, we would like to attach binding-specialized priests to some of your squads for the coming month, to cooperate with your shamans.

High Priest Sadic Valentius

Iossau High Imperial House of Commerce
    Rialta Mercantile Union [1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mercantile Union is all but wiped out, and there seems no organized structure left to them. Any reports you can get are scattered, from grieving families or angry craftsmen trying to rebuild destroyed businesses. Most of them seem to disagree, too, on what exactly happened. The raiding parties described are all very distinct and different. And you get several repeated affirmations that they are more than willing to pay large bounties for any names.

12. - Top - End - #162

Thousand Sails
    GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    No active fighting, but a bit of small-scale looting and a lot of tension.
    The maps are a short forecast for one month. If you want to use them again, you'll have to buy another set. They do help the roll a lot, though.
    Also sorry about the turtle tribe, I must have missed that one.

Turtle Tribe [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The turtle tribe seems to have pulled back a bit from the coast during the winter storms and it takes a while to find a sizeable band. Though mostly taciturn, they are only too happy to trade for any metal goods, which seem to carry a lot of status with them, especially any kind of black iron, to which they say a lot of fey lore is attached. In the end, hands are shook, relations are cordial, and they guarantee you safe passage on all the rivers, saying no other tribe except the Serpent even comes to their rivers. What they can trade you without preparation is of little value directly, as they seem to deal mostly in woven goods and fish, though they are willing to act as guides to the interior instead, or make contacts withe other tribes on your behalf.

The Mercantile Union [1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lot of the families are quite happy to be evacuated to somewhere safer, but a lot of the young men are also talking about organizing some kind of militia and striking back, retaking their district, even if they dont' quite know who they are striking back against.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Legio XII Pegasus

Show
    Group Captain Karnum,

Looking forward to your report.

As for Craterside, please contact the Rialta Guard and plan accordingly as they have more information on the situation at hand.

Spoiler: Governor
    Show
    Governor Manius Lartia,

I am in need of forces to track down the spirit or those who would fuel its power, as much as can be spared. (OOC: Espionage to track it down.)

Spoiler: Temple of the Sky
    Show
    Honourable High Priest Sadic Valentius,

Permission granted. May the Sky reign surpreme.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dammer's Freehold

Bring in the spotlight

Bzzzzt, Bzzzzzt, Bzzzzzzt.

Sparks announced the Freehold's admiral as he approached, a blue barrier about him and his plus one with but a few wet marks to show that it wasn't as good as an umbrella (through no fault of his own, of course).

Dammer was dressed in a bedazzling suit of white and orange that was on the whole a bit... tacky, as if he had acquired it a few season, if not years past, an utterly useless ivory cane and flamboyant hat to match.

Daghir, by his side would contrast him as the model of modesty ... in her homeland, as it was her long flowing dress of bright red with details in purple that seemingly overlapped every few inches stood out, Her size, the stylized bronze spear by her back and odd long hair pinned in a foreign fashion didn't help the issue.

As he entered the complex the barrier above them flickered off, no longer of any use, with a smile he exchanged pleasantries with Favius before heading deeper inside, tasting anything a servant would offer before looking for the representative of the Cult of Vulpa amidst the crowd, leaning/sitting nearby and greeting her/him "how goes your evening, stranger?"

Daghir in the meantime stood to watch nearby, eating some of the imperial food out of curiosity before getting bored and going off to inspect the menagerie, Dammer had the ring after all...

Show
    Group Captain Mov,

thanks for the consideration, I'm usually a better negotiator than this, but seeing as I have a vested interest in safeguarding river market, and trust not the capabilities of Ashti's reformed thugs, I could go down to 2 cash for keeping the Freehold's 4 security there. Mil still available of course.

The Rock nuts that Captain Redgrave speaks about are actually the goods I'm talking about, so if they want more I think I like my odds.

Spoiler: Legio XII Pegasus
    Show
    Legatus Gaius Voltinius Harenacus,

I don't have an impressive a network as The Informants or The Bogsmen but I'll keep my ears to the ground, seeing how "vibrant" the sicarian tend to be I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

A dreadful show of crowd induced madness. I've heard tales is tales of ancient, malefic gods, rousing the temperament of the people, to which the river god responded by rallying the minor spirits against them. I say the "fey" beings that laughed amongst the crowd may have just ditched the secrecy to see their magic pay off personally...

-Dammer Estragoth

NPCs

Spoiler: sooo dreamy
    Show
    Dammer holds laughter for a second before letting it out loudly "hahahaha! You know I thought you meant strike a "coven", so I asked you for a bunch of info. A covenant does sound pretty good, just need some clarifications on what the sacrifice entails and what the hell happened with my troops. Then we can do all the cycles you want."

Spoiler: The river god
    Show
    Ughul arrived with a similar offering as last time, looking out for any signs of being poorly received "feeling better?"

Spoiler: DM- question
    Show
    so, is Jermalion still filling the pirate king? any changes there?
    Last edited by neriractor; 2019-01-05 at 04:45 PM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Informants
    Security 10
    A night to remember
    Chemosh's eyes went over the group and one twitches ever so slightly as he saw the large number of assassination opportunities. He had done background checks and made sure his guards remembered as many faces as possible but still seems high strung. The covering of the ground was suspicious, the flutist was suspicious, the heavy salt content of the food was suspicious. Everything was suspicious and he had to be here if he wanted Riverhome to have a chance to get an apothecary though he was sure they had some alternative motive for it.

So he was as far away from the crowds and noise as possible while still technically being at the party. As far away from the potentially dangerous animals as possible, away from the couches which might have hidden poison pins in the cushions and well out of the range of a blow dart shot from a flute. He talks to people around him while eating some of the food. Though anyone paying close attention would notice neither him nor his entourage ever approached the waiters to get this food.

Sleep Talking
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ah good, you are who you are. You answered the right question and didn't answer the wrong one. Kin can work, even if it is not a close one." He nods and switches to looking in another direction.

"When it is time, will you be able to assist? Information on what changed is useful." He starts sniffing the air slightly.

"I smell opportunity as well. Do you know vengeance?"

Meanwhile in the normal world the aide watches a sleeping Chemosh while holding the latest reports. They weren't quite sure why they had been told to read the reports to a sleeping person but they weren't one to question orders.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

Legio XII Pegasus

The Imperial Administration [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Honoured Legatus,

Consider our intelligence services at your disposal.

Governor Lartia

The Party
    Dammer quickly locates a handful of vulpan priests among the crowd, their russet robes stand out remarkably well even in the peacockry of Rialta's high society. The more sedate members of the clergy are engaged much like any other socialite would be - drinking, laughing, chatting - though there comments are just a bit more barbed than is entirely polite. There's a few younger acolytes among the crowd, three of which seem currently engaged in trying to distract one of the beast handlers from their cages so they can release a group of parrots. The anonymous high priestess herself is bedecked in a splendid floor-length cloak of silver fox fur which seems entirely too warm for the weather. Her mask carries a mischievous smile, as usual, though this one also has delicate curved fangs of silver.
    She spins around, which makes her ensemble spread out most elegantly, showing off a lining of crimson silk. "Oh, delightful", she says. Her full lips are painted a very dark red to match her clothes. "And all the more so for you being here, Lord Dammer. We hear you have been very busy, this last month, how good for you to take an evening off."

Dammer's Freehold

The Dream [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The voice changes, becoming stronger, as Dammer speaks positively of the contract. "Thou wouldst listen to the oath I speak. If thou wouldst swear it, a covenant is made. Once a month, when the moon is void, thou shalt sacrifice one of thy sworn men to me, in the manner I will tell you about. For this, I will give thee great power. If thou wouldst deny me, I will depart. I will not give thee knowledge without a covenant made. Hearken and speak after me:

I have been wronged, and for that, I will have vengeance.
    My vengeance is everything.
    My vengeance is a fire that consumes all, my enemy and myself.
    I will give my blood to my vengeance.
    I will not rest, I will not cease.
    I will live only for vengeance. I will die only for vengeance.
    Thus the covenant is made."

The River God [3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a flash of red in the River God's eye, but his manner is more somber melancholy than angry, today.
    "Too much blood is spilt there.

GM Question
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he is still around.

Informants
    The Dream [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I do not... assist."
    The voice drips with distaste.
    "I strike bargains. We may strike one, perhaps, though you are not what I would normally invest in. And yes, I know vengeance. I am vengeance."

17. - Top - End - #167

PaladinGuy

Security 6

A Night to Promise
    Mordred Hirgan, his daughter Marcia Hirgan, and the recently returned Group Captain Karnum arrive at the party a little bit too early to be fashionably late, dressed in the black and burgundy of the TSTC carefully designed to show off the company’s wealth without showing up the Nobility.

The group start by greeting the host, waiting politely for a gap in conversation.
    “Master Marinius, a fantastical spread you have arranged here. I would like to introduce my Daughter Marcia, though by her whithering look I assume you already know each other, and Group Captain Karnum, master of the recent visit to the Empire, despite winter's best efforts.”

Players

Dammer’s Freehold
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it looks like we will be hiring about [4 mil] at your previously offered prices. There is a good chance we will have another operation next month as well, though that depends heavily on the results of the Rivermarket operation and status of the barbarians in Craterside.

As to the shipment how much do you think your group would make from such a mission? We would be looking for a cut of the profits, or perhaps a deal on mercenary work in exchange for our services.

Regards
    Group Captain Mov

NPCs

The Fademen
    Spoiler
    Show
    A fine profit for midwinter, we would charge 25% fee on our service, or [3 cash]. Are those terms amicable?

Regards,
    Group Captain Mov

Hornblende’s Phalanx
    Spoiler
    Show
    A very reasonable price Mr. Hornblende, we will certainly be working with your firm. I’ll write again soon to confirm the numbers.

Regards,

Group Captain Mov

The Syndicate of Rats
    Spoiler
    Show
    “No apologies needed, it was a long shot after all.” Mordred picks at the new cuffs on the jacket, and the young woman speaks up. “Well if you are coming to the party I look forward to seeing you there, I think it will be one to remember.”

Karnum speaks next. “Moving onto our next order of business there is a group called the Knackermen who have been stirring up trouble in Pearlmother recently. They seem to be merchants from the Empire, but with the amount of sabre rattling they are doing we have some concerns that they might have cards up their sleeve we don’t know about. If your furry friends aren’t already committed next month we would pay handsomely for information regarding the operations of these so called merchants, especially if anyone is backing them.”

“That said, do you know anything about them from your previous operations? They seem a little more like your clientele.”

The Turtle Tribe
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Traders are nervous, though stay professional. Fish are traded in only small quantities, just enough to keep the local outposts well fed. Woven goods are traded as well in some quantity, sold for novelty on Rialtan and Imperial Markets. Guides however, and visits with the other tribes are highly sought. As are any who would act as translators and mediators with the local raiders that plague the outposts.

The traders have been sent with three primary goals:

Guides and translators
    An answer to the Bogsmen Question of relations and opinions with the Tiger Tribe
    Knowledge of new resources that could be gathered from the local jungle. Potential pelt, ivory, and fur animals. Fruits, vegetables, and herbs that could be harvested for food, medicine, or spice. Minerals are alos to be asked about, though given that they are river folk I’m not expecting to much.
    If they can make introductions with the other tribes I’ll take it in a heartbeat. Also, how big is the tribe? A few dozen? A few hundred? How many are we talkin’ here?

The Auspex
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to buy another weather chart this month. Last month they proved invaluable.

Regards,
    Group Captain Karnum
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-01-10 at 02:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Informants
    Security 10

Dream Talking
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chemosh blinks a few times. "Awkward, thought you were Tyranny. Feeds them as well. Shame them being able to say what is going on around them would have been useful.

Well no point beating around the bush. Are you keeping up with what the priests are saying they are going to be doing in a months time? Specifically Legios went to the Sky Temple to get some binding specialized priests for hunting you down."

Last edited by Hamste; 2019-01-12 at 08:48 PM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Eithne's Apothecary
    Security: 10

A Night To Remember

Despite taking more care than usual in her attire and general appearance on account of decorum, Eithne looked like she was still ill-at-ease at the crowd and the festivities. Glancing around nervously, the apothecary did her best to exchange pleasantries with any that deigned to speak to her, while instinctively seeking what safety from the social hubbub she could find from being in the vicinity of Lord Flavius.

Show
    Dear Mr Hirgan,

Oh, but of course! I'll make the arrangements at once. Once again, happy to work with you!

Yours,
    Eithne

Show
    Dear Dammer,

I understand. Take all the time you need, and I hope we will be able to move forward with this in good time.

Yours,
    Eithne

Spoiler: House Sempiterne Aranea
    Show
    Eithne considered the proposal for several seconds, before nodding with a smile.

"Why, that does seem like an eminently reasonable proposal. I am happy to say that I accept."

Spoiler: Iossau High Imperial House of Commerce
    Show
    Dear Director Wailing,

As you are no doubt aware, some of the experiments conducted in the feasibility of cultivating the native flora that provide the ingredients for my remedies in the City itself have yet to produce the desired results. Of course, this precludes the obvious suggestion.

For now, the only thing that comes to my mind is some serious effort put into finding a viable way to cultivate the necessary ingredients in the amounts that will be needed for this shipment. I will let you know if I believe there is some other way to approach the issue.

Yours,
    Eithne
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

House Umbrina

A Night to Forget

Rellious makes his way through the party in his usual boisterous way. Large ornate robes that somehow manage to cover his large form, the jingle of icons of as many Spirits and Gods as people keep track of, a full goblet of wine in one hand, and half eaten fruit in the other.

Making his way through the crowd Rellious approaches Lord Flavius. Making a bow without spilling a drop of wine. "Lord Flavius, this is a grand party you've pulled together. You know I was worried all the empire issues would leak over into the social life of the city. It's good to know a few of us still know how to celebrate."

Security 8

To the Informants
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright, our theory for yours.

The act wasn't done by any of the groups people saw. The chances of all those acting together is near impossible. We suspect a spirit was led or directed to attack the location. It would be a powerful spirit of fear, appearing to those it is attacking as what they fear most.

Unfortunately we do not know who would target the Mercantile Union in such a way.

To the Rialta Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: sorry, forgot about this completely

Jacobi is invited to the manor, and lead inside a dark parlor room with a few candles for lighting. Cassian is sitting opposite the single small table in the room.

"Good to meet you Mr Albini. I won't try to keep you from your duties too long, but we don't have very much to go on. We currently believe the act wasn't done by any of the groups people saw. The chances of all those acting together is near impossible. We suspect a spirit was led or directed to attack the location. It would be a powerful spirit of fear, appearing to those it is attacking as what they fear most. Does that fit with your knowledge of events?"

21. - Top - End - #171

PaladinGuy

A Night to Promise

With introductions dealt with the TSTC party splits off into the festivities.

Karnum goes to greet the Freehold party. “Admiral Estragoth, I hear we will be working together next month, I do hope that Mov had not been to crass in her communications, I regret to say that her cant was born in taverns and never truly left. Where is Mistress Alhar? I would have expected a larger party from the Freehold.”

Marcia will drift over to the Chaotician gathering, idly chatting about the latest letters and gossip.

Mordred will welcome Eithne, standing beside without directly facing her, and watching the party develop. “I must say I did not have Master Marinius pegged for a… philanthropist. It seems you open people's hearts in more ways than one Doctor. I hope you do not object to me announcing the fruits of our negotiations at this auspicious event?”
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-01-17 at 12:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Rialta Office

Spoiler
    Show
    Mordred Hirgan,

How much we profit depends on the conditions on the Continent when our shipment reaches it. That said, considering the wartime need for medicine, I have to imagine that the value-per-pound of our shipment would be far in excess of anything else that might be available for transport.

Regards,
    Marnus Wailing
    Director, Rialta Office

Eithne's Apothecary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr.

Is there any reason why the reagents could not be cultivated in farms in the jungle? With enough security to keep out the local wildlife I see no reason why we couldn't turn the plants' natural habitat into our farm.

Regards,
    Director Wailing

The Living
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir or madam,

I am endeavoring to procure certain medicinal herbs from the jungles surrounding Rialta, for use in mass production of medicines that will see to the mitigation of diseases that have long plagued our society. I was wondering if you had any experience with running farms out there, seeing as the nature of your people seems to make you more well adapted to such an environment.

If such a presumption offends, I do beg pardon. Such is not my intention.

Regards,
    Marnus Wailing
    Director, Rialta Office

The Party

Director Marnus Wailing wasn't really much for charity. Long winters in the swamps of Iossau had ground that empathetic proclivity out of him as surely as a whetstone wears down a burr in the metal of a blade. You had to help out your neighbors, of course, but only if doing so wouldn't condemn your own family to starvation. The Director's resources might be far greater than they were when he lived in Iossau, true, but he also had a lifetime of experience justifying to himself why he really needed each and every last coin that came through the House of Commerce.

No, Wailing wasn't anything close to a charitable man. He was, however, a man with a keen sense of business, and it was for business that he was attending the "Health of Rialta" event. He was near the dance floor, at a standing table, holding court with a variety of people ranging from smugly self-satisfied to quietly desperate as he discussed different trade deals with each of them. Some went away enriched, and some went away broken, and the business of the House for the next few months was sorted out over cocktails with strands of palm leaf sticking out from the tops of the glasses.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Legio XII Pegasus

A Night to Protect
    The Legion's presence at Flavius' party is one of simplicity, for they act as protection to the notables representing the Empire. With the assassinations by the Sicarian Brotherhood in recent past, such is far from odd. Near the entrance is a pegasus rider stationed, its pegasus looking with as sharp a gaze as the rider. A female decurio is present, attending the event in the position of offering protection, not as regular guest.

Show
    Dammer Estragoth,

The account of Craterside is noted. Looking forward to hear of anything you may find regarding the Sicarian Brotherhood so any remaining forces may be discerned as if by the eagle's eye.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dammer's Freehold

A night tonight

It didn't down on Dammer how outclassed he was in style by the vulpan priestess, aside from an idle thought about acquiring some snow creature's pelts for the next party he was invited to.

His eyes took the spin to appriciate the piece and its owner, before replying "I can see that..." in a lower volume that he actually intended to.

With a cough he recovered his usual volume, his confidence and dignity seemingly never lost (if it was there to begin with) "yeah, work is quite the pain when you actually have to do it. Just gotta be careful to not have too much fun, I think I'm getting a reputation" a wink and a winning smile that looked mighty out of place in his face if it wasn't the usual for it "So why did you and your brethren come here for? appareances? funding?... fun?" he let the last one linger as he took a sip of whatever drink he had been handed last, not giving a hint about which caused which.

Captain

Dammer greets the captain effusively, shaking his hand with vigour, if with a lack of physical strength per se "Captain Karnum! I've heard much about you, a wind elemental was it that blocked your path?" he waved off the comment about his earlier correspondence "I've frequented them enough that out talk was delightful, don't worry.

Ah! I see she made an impression! you know, she was just around here..." he looked around a bit, trying to find her amidst the crowd, then he starts making a coule of arcane gestures with his hands "I do have a neat party trick..."

After but a few movements of the hand Daghir materialises close, teeth bared and bronze spear held menacingly in a combat pose, she looked around until she saw Dammer smiling next to the captain, a glare filled with something akin to rage directed to the admiral but brushed off, if even noticed. A small sigh led to a smile from the woman as she swiftly strapped the spear to her back and made a corteous vow to the captain, offering her hand as she had seen the local ladies do "A pleasure seeing you Captain Karnum, I see the trip didn't scar." Dammer raised an eyebrow at the expression but said no more

PCs

Show
    Group Captain Mov,

Splendid, hopefully our efforts will be enough to deal with the attack upon Crater side before it escalates.

weeell, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to invest given a healthy interest in endorsing Miss Eithne's charitative efforts, but depending on the cut you'll be taking we can negotiate what other deals I may offer for it.

eager for a reply,

NPCs

Spoiler: The river god
    Show
    Ughul's voice matches that of the river god in tone, if not in the sheer might behind it "Sadly, and I don't see it getting better. Still maybe it looked better from your side of the line." He let the wind of the river carry his voice away, quickly drowned in the noice of the city's blood. "Have you kept your ear to the ground?" the question could be considered funny when dissected with its context, too bad Ughul hadn't the head for humor lately.

Spoiler: I have been...
    Show
    And thus it'll be, the words came out almost dully, he feared not contracts or payment, it feared him, usually.

"I have been wronged and for that I will have
    vengeance.
    My vengeance is a fire that consumes all, my enemy and myself
    I will give my blood to my vengeance..."

he stopped for a moment, it wasn't actually his blood he was giving, even if he gave it for the safety of their own...

"I will not rest, I will not cease..." he hardly did

"my vengeance is everything..." was it?

"I will only live for vengeance..." A flash of a sicarian mask went through his eyes, a drone in the cog all but mindless in his devotion, he failed to see the connection (even where there was one) or the appeal... And he had not consulted Ughul, then it hit him, the thing may ask for Ughul's blood! who would keep the place running? it was unacceptable! still, he tried to let the dream thing down easily, it was very polite after all, even after his blunder.

"On second thought, I think I'll find the men and vengeance on my own, you know, just don't think I'm as passionate as you about the old Vinagreta, if you would pardon my northern Sibrisk. Still, do appear in my dreams if you feel like chatting, or making a less marriagy deal, and you know, I guess I'll think really hard about you if I change my mind? not sure it would work, we are getting quite decent at mind defense... Current predicament not whitstanding"

he hanged around waiting for an answer for a moment "soo... Can we get back to the usual great magic, memories of the past or luxuries I'm just this close to buying? I'll let you play..."
    Last edited by neriractor; 2019-01-20 at 06:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Eithne's Apothecary
    Security: 10

A Night In The Spotlight

Doing her best not to show just how startled she was from Mordred ghosting up beside her (and not quite succeeding in that endeavour), Eithne turned to the latter with a warm, if still nervous smile.

"Oh no, not at all! I'd really appreciate it if you did so, actually!"

Spoiler: Iossau High Imperial House of Commerce
    Show
    Dear Director Wailing,

Such could be a viable option, certainly. However, the local fauna is far from the only danger one could encounter in the wild; you should know that there are Beastmen tribes out there as well. My herb-gathering is not so much of a disturbance as to warrant their notice, but they might well take exception to the disruption that establishing a farm out there might cause.

Of course, it's not like I have the resources at hand to even begin considering the prospect of establishing and securing a farm against potential aggression from these tribes. Perhaps you might see things differently from your position.

Yours,
    Eithne

Spoiler: GM
    Show
    Does Eithne have any particular 'insight' about why cultivation of herbs within Rialta has not worked out?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2019-01-21 at 04:41 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Rialta Office

Eithne's Apothecary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madam,

Beastmen are easily dealt with. Such as they have never seen an arquebus before, and deploying a few guards with such weapons should serve to frighten them off.

Regards,
    Marnus Wailing
    Director
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC