The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure on the Inner Seas [PF][OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mipui View Post
    ~~~Teleport in~~~

Yes. I'm guessing Edge? Mipui only supports Chrome, Firefox and Safari for now.

Drag their top-left corner around. Doesn't really work on mobile, though.

~~~Teleport out~~~
    It seems to work fine in Opera too. I wanted to check if I could get it to work at work since I've got less control in what I can use there. It seems to instantly update for all users too, I had it open in two different browsers at once and changes I did in one were already on the other without having to refresh, which is nice.

Is there an easy way to have the cells visually labeled? I know you can mouse-over to get the number but that less handy for quick reference.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    It seems to instantly update for all users too, I had it open in two different browsers at once and changes I did in one were already on the other without having to refresh, which is nice.
    Yes, updates should propagate in seconds, no refresh required.

Is there an easy way to have the cells visually labeled? I know you can mouse-over to get the number but that less handy for quick reference.
    I think the text tool is the best option for that.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

so I read something somewhere that having alt characters was not allowed - just warning whomever...
    and that link to

edit found this on IC
    https://www.mipui.net/app/index.html...et=sifyzg1qr32
    it works
    is this something we players can manipulate our own pieces around ?
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-11-28 at 01:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    edit found this on IC
    https://www.mipui.net/app/index.html...et=sifyzg1qr32
    it works
    is this something we players can manipulate our own pieces around ?
    Right now anyone can edit everything. I'll see about options to lock it down later. Whether that will still allowed players to move tokens we'll find out. For now if players want to move themselves go ahead, although I don't think you can move them on mobile

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Right now anyone can edit everything. I'll see about options to lock it down later. Whether that will still allowed players to move tokens we'll find out. For now if players want to move themselves go ahead, although I don't think you can move them on mobile
    I only have mobile 😅
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    I only have mobile 😅
    You can drop a new token and delete the old just fine, just a lot more steps compared to moving. You can also just note the square numbers and post that and I can move you

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Mipui View Post
    ~~~Teleport in~~~

Yes. I'm guessing Edge? Mipui only supports Chrome, Firefox and Safari for now.

Drag their top-left corner around. Doesn't really work on mobile, though.

~~~Teleport out~~~
    I was originally using firefox but it works on chrome

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did we ever decide if using discord for fast communication was a good idea?

Does anyone have a good reason not to use it? I know it would certainly help me make timely posts. We could even coordinate available times to get through combat rounds faster than usual.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    greyish blue #647693

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

I have checked it out but haven't had a chance to really use it yet. If everyone can then that is good with me, I would be hesitant to require it now if someone can't because that wasn't a requirement originally.

This round of course was long because Morley/Lekkric seems to be MIA. Not sure how long to give.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillWind View Post
    Did we ever decide if using discord for fast communication was a good idea?

Does anyone have a good reason not to use it? I know it would certainly help me make timely posts. We could even coordinate available times to get through combat rounds faster than usual.
    discord does not work for me

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I happen to be a big fan of using Discord to augment a game. I don't wish to exclude anyone however. What exactly is the problem on your end Samduke?
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

connectivity the wireless isp I use just will not connect, point in fact it gives both my browsers fits time to time as well and runs at like 5mbps

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry that you have issues running it.

Is that running from phone? in the browser or the app?
    Does it happen with a large numbet of apps or just discord?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    greyish blue #647693

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Sorry that you have issues running it.

Is that running from phone? in the browser or the app?
    Does it happen with a large numbet of apps or just discord?
    that's from my laptop
    my phone barley supports internet (cheap phone) to allow me to post words from it

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got it. That sounds annoying.
    greyish blue #647693

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

One alternative we could use to rolling initiative is that we just go in the order we're able to post. I've been waiting three days to take one action, and I was ready to go when the combat post first dropped. I'm not blaming anyone, we all have real lives to deal with and it is highly unlikely we are all available at the same time. Having said that, It seems silly to wait three days to take a turn, particularily when we get to more advanced and more technical combat that will last several turns. Combat could forseeably go on for a week plus.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Another setup that seems to work well enough is block initiative. Average the init rolls on either side. Group with the better average all go, then the other group goes.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the reasons I wanted to get a combat early, to work out some of these things before we get into anything big.

As for block initiative do you mean PC vs NPC or something else. More consolidated than what I did, in which ways?

I agree having to wait a long time between turns is a problem, just not sure the best way to handle that. Between waiting 24 hours then taking a turn for someone versus just skipping then.

Issues at work though, hoping to get a chance to reply in 2-3 hours.

Edit: parrot should be able to crit, but unless I've missed something in the familiar you didn't apply the strength. If you haven't rolled to confirm I can.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-11-30 at 12:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

BarbarianGuy

Phone is having issues, move on without me, I'll post when I get things fixed
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

well the roller says olive shoots better than she swings a sword for now

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If possible, let's try to keep one or two of them alive. It might be interesting to see if these guys are more then simple thieves. Either way, they can answer to the constabulary.

As long as they are not dead dead, I can heal them easily enough after they've been downed
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-11-30 at 10:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

The natural weapons can crit for sure, but unless the bird has pounce or I am missing something else, it should not be able to fly over and also get a full attack with all the natural weapons. It should just have the one primary.

Assuming the bird is riding on you though, you could move after you produce flame to get it into range.

Not that big of a deal here but something to note later. Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree on the other bird stuff Generic Bird Animal Companion You might want to include the parrot stat block in your character sheet so you can adjust the base feats, abilities, etc.
    greyish blue #647693

23. - Top - End - #143

BarbarianGuy

My phone is weird and annoying, but it's working again for the moment. Is the leader still alive? Kinda need to know before I post

EDIT: For Diplomacy reasons
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-11-30 at 11:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I am first in initiative and I have a crit x3 off of 6 cold damage and 8 (should actually be 9 for point blank shot) which would be 45 damage.

I basically readied the action to shoot if she does not submit and talk to you so...

Edit: Correction the arrow is x3 the cold is only x2 as per the spell strike ability, so only 39.

I totally missed the previous post by Erolas that was sent while I was constructing mine. No need for my attack.
    Last edited by TheStillWind; 2018-11-30 at 04:09 PM.
    greyish blue #647693

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The natural weapons can crit for sure, but unless the bird has pounce or I am missing something else, it should not be able to fly over and also get a full attack with all the natural weapons. It should just have the one primary.

Assuming the bird is riding on you though, you could move after you produce flame to get it into range.

Not that big of a deal here but something to note later. Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree on the other bird stuff Generic Bird Animal Companion You might want to include the parrot stat block in your character sheet so you can adjust the base feats, abilities, etc.
    Thank you. I noticed that the bird was not on my character sheet last night, but got home so late that I didnt want to update it. I'm doing it now. Thanks for the tip on pounce.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I am first in initiative and I have a crit x3 off of 6 cold damage and 8 (should actually be 9 for point blank shot) which would be 45 damage.
    I totally missed the previous post by Erolas that was sent while I was constructing mine. No need for my attack.
    Yeah, I figured that and was going to adjust it to a post heal threat. I figured I would just go ahead since Olivia was going to take her down no matter what anyone else did to just go with it.
    Also not sure exactly how to streamline the initiative/combat, but to start with: everyone that can go between NPC actions will act in the order they post rather than putting in variables actions based on what another player might do.

Quote Originally Posted by optimumsquare View Post
    Thank you. I noticed that the bird was not on my character sheet last night, but got home so late that I didnt want to update it. I'm doing it now. Thanks for the tip on pounce.
    I had figured it was just in the same space as you, so a 5ft diagonal step would have put the bird in range, of course that was when I was thinking it was the smaller familiar bird rather than the AC bird.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

I had figured it was just in the same space as you, so a 5ft diagonal step would have put the bird in range, of course that was when I was thinking it was the smaller familiar bird rather than the AC bird.

Ah yea. I totally missed that it could just 5ft step. Though if it was flying it would take a DC15 fly check to hover and remain in flight since it would need to move at least half speed to remain in flight or else drop to the ground at the end of its turn. Though I guess it could just walk, but that seems kind of silly. The image of a giant parrot (Animal comp bird is small, so about the size of a hobbit) slowly walking 5ft then hopping up and mauling a guy is quite funny. The parrot would probably look like a slightly bigger version of this 3ft monster that can crack coconuts with its
    beak.
    Not the most interesting rules problem though.

Also not sure exactly how to streamline the initiative/combat, but to start with: everyone that can go between NPC actions will act in the order they post rather than putting in variables actions based on what another player might do.
    I must comment that I like the initiative and motivation that we have had so far toward making this streamlined, fast, and fun. We are iterating and you are doing a great job.
    greyish blue #647693

28. - Top - End - #148

BarbarianGuy

I would like to roll Sense Motive, I don't trust what she is doing with her cloak.

(1d20)[5]

EDIT: Nevermind, she seems completely trustworthy with her cloak, totally not anticipating a hidden knife or smoke bomb or anything
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-12-01 at 06:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Olivia does not exactly trust the leader either
    sense motives (1d20+1)[5] EDIT: Nevermind, olivia might be to far away to tell...

just a thought gang, we might convince the leader and other 2 to work for us in going after a ship - thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-12-01 at 07:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Olivia does not exactly trust the leader either
    sense motives [roll0] EDIT: Nevermind, olivia might be to far away to tell...

just a thought gang, we might convince the leader and other 2 to work for us in going after a ship - thoughts anyone?
    Already on it

And seriously? Another 5?