1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Optimizing Zack Zealot

Hey everybody. I'm playing Vampire The Masquerade First Edition game. The character that I'm playing is Zack Zealot. He happen to be a 15 year old vampire who's all brawn and little to no brain at all. I choose his clan Brujah. This is his sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1697987 I just need help optimizing my character. Any advice anyone?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Optimizing Zack Zealot

I might be blurring the editions within Old World of Darkness, but I think Dexterity is generally really important for combat based on how dice pools work. Unless you have a way to use Strength instead of Dex, or that's how 1st edition works, for melee, you'll probably have some trouble.

However, Celerity can probably compensate. It is crazy good.

Wearing armor can help you survive. You can probably wear Kevlar or something else decent-strong without attracting too much attention. A trenchcoat does wonders to hide armor and weaponry.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I might be blurring the editions within Old World of Darkness, but I think Dexterity is generally really important for combat based on how dice pools work. Unless you have a way to use Strength instead of Dex, or that's how 1st edition works, for melee, you'll probably have some trouble.

However, Celerity can probably compensate. It is crazy good.

Wearing armor can help you survive. You can probably wear Kevlar or something else decent-strong without attracting too much attention. A trenchcoat does wonders to hide armor and weaponry.
    Oh really? I didn't know there was armor In this game.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Oh really? I didn't know there was armor In this game.
    It might've been introduced in a later edition. I think I played 2nd edition revised, but I'm pretty sure every oWoD game I've seen had rules for armor. Basically, it added to your Soak pull for resisting damage. How much a given armor does might differ from splat to splat or edition to edition. So check with your Storyteller, but wearing even heavy clothing might give you +1 Soak.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    It might've been introduced in a later edition. I think I played 2nd edition revised, but I'm pretty sure every oWoD game I've seen had rules for armor. Basically, it added to your Soak pull for resisting damage. How much a given armor does might differ from splat to splat or edition to edition. So check with your Storyteller, but wearing even heavy clothing might give you +1 Soak.
    I actually download Vampire: The Masquerade first edition game on my phone and there's armor included in this game.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

I actually used my freebies points to increased for my attributes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys, as I am new to this but just want to know What game are you guys playing currently?
    I am looking for the latest series in the shooter video game. Usually, I used to play Destiny 2 on the PC.