The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 505
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Rum you say..." Bodaku rubs his stomach apreciatively. "Well, in the interest of, uh, good trading? What is it you mainlanders call it? No matter. There is sufficient appeal for me."

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    My dear friend. he adresses the contact Maeral. I hope for you that this shipment is as unconspicuous as you make it seem. Because if you look at the size of our vessel, our monetary debt and the size of the crew he have to pay, 600 gold scarabs is hardly worth the travel without any other goods on board. I hope the rum is worth it, because the mission sounds unnecessarily dangerous for what it's worth to us. But yeah, it's a start.

    The pirate priest turns to Ariadne. Captain or not, you seem to manage finances. I just wanted to add that given the proper materials and some magical assistance I have dabbled in creating smaller magical doodads. Most of the stuff I did was personal but I reckon you might want a few items for yourself. Things related to your magicks, to easier guidance of our vessel, or if we really can afford it, consecrate the entire ship to be protected from fire, wind or arrows.

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne says to Azaro, "Don't forget the short length of the voyage. That's around 100 gold a day before factoring in whatever else we can fill the hold with. Even with crew wages to cover, it is very difficult to find jobs that pay that well. Maeral, is there anything in particular we can get here that would be decent for selling in Ilizmagorti we could cram in along with the main load?"

    However it gets resolved, the crew will set to work getting everything aboard and ready for the voyage, new crewmen are assigned roles and an officer to report to. As quickly as possible, the ship is made ready to sail.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Pushing things along. P.S. Sporeegg, it looks like you missed the bit where Ariadne called for the question of captaincy to be settled.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Well I'm sure I can put together some trade goods to transport too, I didn't go that route originally because it seemed like you didn't want to run normal cargo. The city isn't big enough to drop 1000g worth of, say wheat, on the market, so I'll have to put together a list. It also means a bit more running around to find someone that will buys steal, spices, and wool, you get the idea. I'm also going to assume you probably don't want to have to deal with livestock?" Maeral asks.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Not that we're going to get into it, but the effective strength of the ship is 30, meaning a light load is 12768lbs, medium is 25536. With the 1300gp for the magic item as collateral you're not going to be hitting that, so we'll ignore it for now. Just letting you know for later consideration. (although 1000gp worth of rice would be 100,000 lbs)

    I'll going ahead and assume you guys are going to accept that, and no livestock.

    Not going to worry about the actual selling of the goods once you're there, but you'll end up spending a day or two in port to get it all sold.

    And since no one else seems to have much input on the crew, we'll go with what Olivia picked out already and the crew ideas Daishain posted in OOC.


    Unless anything else is needed we can set out.

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne states, "Apologies for the misunderstanding, just trying to get off on the right foot in regards to settling the remaining cost of the ship. We won't be looking for trouble on this run anyways, so running a little slow and heavy is not as much of an issue for the moment as it will be in the future. Right now we have too many hands new to the ship and each other, and some new to sailing in general. We will need to spend time getting them to learn the ship and working with each other before we can expect them to defend the ship properly. You would be correct in regards to the livestock, its a complication we don't need, especially if trouble finds us in spite of our plans."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Gerran waited as Azaro, Maeral and Azaro finished. His eyes widened a little when Azaro mentioned he could create magic items. His hand almost went to his large feathered hat. A gift from his ninja master when he completed his training, it had more than proven its worth since. 'Another time; I have very little gold.'

    When Maeral mentioned livestock, the thought of cows and pigs in the cramped conditions of a ship made his whiskers curl. He was glad when the captain said no. And she was going everyone time to learn their new roles. He knew much fumbling would come, wherever he found himself. At that, he started.

    "Captain?" He waited for her to acknowledge him and asked, " What is my role? And your commands, um, orders?"

    He bowed, waiting for her commands.

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne looks down at Gerran, "First of all, stand up. I want to hear your words and see your face when we speak, not the back of your head and mumbling from the floor. Secondly, I do have a task in mind for someone as obviously dutiful and detail oriented as yourself, not to mention so nimble. Are you good with numbers? Can you write well?"

    "The ship has need of a proper boatswain, an officer primarily responsible for maintenance and supply of both the ship itself and its equipment. It would mainly involve keeping track of how much in the way of things like food, water, and tools we have remaining, spotting things that need unusual maintenance or repair, and making sure any issues along those lines are dealt with. No, I do not expect you to know how to deal with a split in the hull or a broken spar just yet, but you would be coordinating the people who do know. Along with a few others we're hiring with appropriate experience, two of the original crew members of this ship are returning to its service, they know this particular vessel like the back of their hands and are well versed in how to repair it. They would be answering to you and following your direction. Rely on their expertise for now, but make sure to learn enough from them that you soon no longer have to."

    "Aside from that, I would have you train some of the crew to fight with something like the kind of precision you displayed in your brief scuffle with Azaro. When we attack a ship, or are attacked in turn, I would have you and yours ready to cause trouble for our foe wherever they are most vulnerable."

    "So, crewman Gerran, bearing everything in mind, are you prepared to take on the role of Bosun?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "You mainland people and your strange titles."

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The head of the crew Olivia hired is a dwarf and he and several of the other ballista crew are good with carpentry and engineering type skills. They get it installed and ready to go. The crew that Maeral supplied are split up between the various groups, so you've got some people you trust, or at least have someone vouching for. The female dwarf and half-orc from before are among them and they join into the ranged support groups. You also find the young half-orc couple still together and looking for work, they seem more than willing and capable to join Azaro up front on the assault crew.

    Araidne also sources the large crank crossbows from the same place Olivia found the ballista and those are also installed, two on each side of the deck, one fore and one aft. [You can put them on the forcastle and aftcastle if you want, otherwise I'm assuming they're on the main deck]

    Bodaku takes on the task of getting food for the ship, with the trip planned he picks up enough fresh/real food for about 2 weeks for this first trip, though unless everyone eats like Bodaku you think it would easily last 3 weeks. He also picks up another 3 weeks of hard tack and trail rations.

    Maeral gets a load of trade goods delivered to the ship and gives you some ideas of what they should sell for and where to try to sell them. There are some small barrels of various spices, there are bolts of fabric, and a few hundred pounds of steel bars.

    The repair crews finish up and there are some noticeable changes to a few of the sails. They make sure you know what lines control what sails, the basic maintenance to do, and the tools required to do it.

    With everything ready you head out to sea. The most experienced member that Maeral sent will run the ship at night, and two from each group will work at any given time during the night.

    Spoiler: map
    Show

    50m squares, ship is 3.5mph overland speed, 84 miles a day on average.
    Unless I hear otherwise I'm going to assume you're traveling down the center of channel between the large island (Nuat, where the navy has a strong presence) and the mainland and then stay a ways away from the various islands until you get close to Ilizmagorti. If you want to stay more north, or more south closer to the islands you fished, let me know.



    Spoiler: ship
    Show

    Overview of the ship again, though you can change what the various rooms are used for and pick where each of you want to stay. Posted before , just repeating it now, need to get it posted on the ship spreadsheet and get the ballista and crossbows on it.

    Also need icons for Gerran and Azaro.
    how's this for Gerran? :P




    Azaro can make Wayfinders, though you'll have to pick up all the materials to make it while in port but you can work on them later (if you've got the gold you can have picked it up before we left).

    Giving everyone a chance to do anything while at sea and settle in before I advance.

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne smiles as the ship finally weighs anchor and begins its journey to the southwest. It was past time to get on the move again. Too long in port, and her feet always started to itch.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I would probably position the crank crossbows at the rear corners of both the forcastle and aftcastle, positioned to be able to target as many angles as possible.

    And yes, wayfinders definitely sound like a good idea.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-08-16 at 10:32 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Hide these. I know we need them, but the sight of them makes me ill." Bodaku turns away in disgust from the hard tack. While the party is underway assuming there is no threat to the ship, Bodaku will continue to spend one first level spell a day to cast speak with animals so that he can talk with seabirds, fish, and whales. He will also use his wild shape form to swim along with the boat as a variety of animals, but mostly as a shark, a seagull, or an orangutan. The bird and the fish will scout the area, and the orangutan will work in the riggings. Because why not.

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne shrugs, "They'll be stuffed in the back of the hold somewhere so you won't have to look at them, and no, no one's thrilled about the idea of eating those. If you ever figure out a way to preserve food for more than a month or so and have it still taste good, you'll make a lot of people very happy."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-08-16 at 07:21 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Azaro is decidedly bored on the ship. No one is injured, there is no money for crafting to be had, so the orc starts unpacking a bit from his past. He tells tales of his past voyages, it becomes more and more obvious he was an actual pirate, part of a crew that sailed the Chelish coast despite the strong Chelish navy. His ship was apparently filled with a cornucopia of colorful people, but he always pushes the thought that while Besmara, die Pirate Queen exalts chaos and mayhem, he always tried to push the thievery towards the Good side. With his influence, many of the captured sailors were added to the pirate ranks in lieu of executing them via the plank. The ship was managed by a rugged but fair captain whose more violent outbursts were calmed by the half-orc.

    And as all sailors, he spent time telling a little sailor's yarn. Like one time when he tried to wrestle a walking wereshark when in reality he was a little too drunk and wrestled salted fish in the galley.

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Once underway..

    Olivia will go about normal duties and activities, as for wheel watch she will take the morning watch for now
    (OOC: these are suggested overlap watches morning 7am to 5pm afternoon 3pm to 1am and the overnight 11pm to 9am)

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Once the ship is well underway, Captain Ariadne will address the entire crew in the morning, just before the afternoon shift retires to their bunks, "This first voyage is an easy cargo run. We are not seeking trouble, nor expecting it. This is deliberate, because everyone on this ship has something important to learn. By the time we seek out a prize, I want all of you to know not only how to do your job properly, but to at least muddle your way through the jobs of other crewmen. By the time we get into a real fight, I want all of you to learn to be comfortable working with and trusting your fellow crewmates. Trust is essential in open conflict, I cannot do my job if I cannot trust you to keep the enemy off of my back, and you cannot do yours if you do not trust me to return the favor."

    "Some of you will have problems with each other, that is unavoidable, especially on a ship this size. If and when they occur, do not allow them to fester, work it out. Each of you have an officer to report to, talk to them first about any issues. If you reach the point where only bashing on each other will do, so be it. There are three rules governing fights among crew members, no broken bones or permanent injuries, no damage to the ship, and never while you are on duty. Break those rules and I will step in to settle your dispute personally."
    The Sea Witch gives a very creepy smile at this last before returning to the main subject.

    "Today we will be working on a number of things, starting with tying proper knots and shooting those shiny new crossbows in the armory. Participation is mandatory for everyone. If you know something already, prove it first, and then you can help teach. As incentive, teachers will be relieved of most other duties so long as we hold these training sessions."

    "If anyone has any questions, now would be a good time to air them."


    After dealing with any questions raised, she raises her hand, "Very well then, to those of you looking forward to your bunks, dismissed. Everyone else, stand by for assignments. We will be cycling people in and out between training and regular duties in small groups."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not looking to go into detail here, just setting the stage for whipping the crew into shape in the days to come. If this was a movie, now would be a good time for montage music to start rolling. If the DM wants any kind of rolls to see how training proceeds, let us know. The entire officer roster would be helping out with this in one capacity or another.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-08-17 at 11:09 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    (OOC: 50 mile squares, ship is 3.5mph overland speed, 84 miles a day on average.
    .25+1.125+.5+2.25+2.25+.125=6.5*50=325 miles)

    Olivia sits down with Ariadne to plot out a course, looking over the map
    I would recomend the following course with these changes at these points Captain
    Initial course 210 degress (distance 1/4 square 12.5 miles or about 2 hours 45 min)
    After clearing the channel, change course to 245 degrees (distance 1 1/8 squares 56.25 miles or about 16 hours)
    Change course to 200 degrees passing between two sets of islands (distance 1/2 square 25 miles or about 7 hours 15 min)
    Change course to 240 degrees passing close to the southern end of the large island (distance 2 1/4 squares 112.5 miles or about 32 hours 15 min)
    Change course to 220 degrees eventually sailing just north of mosquito island and just south of sharkfin island (distance 2 1/4 squares 112.5 miles or about 32 hours 15 min)
    once at the tip of sharkfin island, change course to 260 degrees to come into port (distance 1/8 squares 6.25 miles or about 1 hour 30 min)


    Back on deck Olivia orders the crew set 1/2 canvass through the channel, course 210 degress (distance 2 hours 45 min), Olivia orders set 3/4 canvass After clearing the channel, change course to 245 degrees (distance about 16 hours) at the end of her 10 hour watch handing the wheel watch over to the next. Then for the next 6 hours has the balista crew practice loading, aiming the fore castle mounted ballista, adjusting the ballista down stop to prevent the ballista from being fired into the ship deck at any point it rotates around.
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-08-18 at 08:07 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    After Ariadne asked him to be the bosun, Gerran froze, for just a moment. Then she commanded him to be more...free? No more bowing? That...that did not make sense. Did she mean that she was of the same status as he! No! He shook his head, his mind reeling. Regardless, she had...asked him, not co...mmanded..him. Yes. She was still captain, and he did believe, somewhat, in his own capacity to fulfill the role of bosun. When he finally spoke, it was in a quiet, stuttering voice:

    "Yes...captain. I can...do what you...ask. A bosun...to command...the sailors in their duties and...ensure ship maintenance. You...you have given myself much...to think about."

    He bowed, but caught himself halfway and straightened immediately; so quickly, his vertrebrae popped. He then gracefully slid up the gangplank and began making a fair imitation of the Wanderer's bosun and readied the ship to take on cargo.

    Once under way, Gerran finds himself nearly overwhelmed at the sheer minutiae involved in ensuring the ship runs smoothly. His natural charisma seems to keep the men in line, but there never seemed to be enough hours in the day, at least at first.

    At the first captain's meeting while they were underway, Gerran patiently waited for his turn, and informed Captain Ariadne about his training program for unarmed defense. He also asks her for any advice in improving his work as bosun.

    As they got further from shore, he began to teach the men basic unarmed, starting, of course, with footwork. There was a great deal of grumbling at first, as the men wanted fancy punches and those crazy kicks they'd heard from the Tien sailors. Until Gerran pushed three of them prone with a simple palm thrust. Then some of them got it.

    He also learned what rum was for. Bodaku, oddly, and Azaro, helped him to relax a little, take days slower. Drink rum while looking at the sea, while the dolphins played in the water and one of Bodaku's birds sat on his hat. And pooped on it for the 40th time. Sometimes, if he was drunk enough, he would try and race the orangutan up the rigging, usually resulting in a confused orangutan and a tangled Gerran. But only when he was really drunk. Or dared to, by Azaro. Or Bodaku.

    Ship life was good.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If Gerran does this long enough, can some of the men pick up Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat? Maybe even other PCs, if they want to join the men in their lessons?
    Last edited by Zurambas; 2019-08-17 at 03:38 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The first day goes by uneventfully, making your way away from Azir there are a lot of merchant ships and the Rahadoum navy so you didn't expect much to happen. One of the ballista bolts was tied to a rope and shot, it threw off the flight but got everyone practice with loading and adjusting it and at least some attempts to learn to aim. The groups get some practice working together and the jobs around the ship, how to raise and lower the sails, how to adjust the sails into the wind and similar. You've also done some practice raising and lowering the jollyboat from the back.

    By the evening of the second day you're passing south of Nuat island and into the open ocean, away from the navy cover.

    Spoiler: Azaro and Gerran
    Show

    You notice one or two very large... birds? circling the ship at a long distance for a while and disappear for a while. Then as evening closes in you notice one back and circling again at a long distance


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception
    Olivia 5+8 = 13
    Bodaku 8+10 = 18
    Ariadne 1+7 = 8
    Azaro 12+11 = 23
    Gerran 14+8 = 22

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku, what kind of bird is that? I don't recall birds flying anywhere over open sea just to circle over a ship. he points that the black winged (?) thing in the sky.

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    On hearing about it, Ariadne looks to Bodaku, "Can you arrange to have them followed? I'll bet a gold piece that someone is using them to keep tabs on us."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Let's just assume that Bodaku hasn't used his wild shape for the day and flies off to take a look with Shaddup in tow.

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    If it is a ship, bring us a piece of it! Azaro shouts after the druid. Azaro immediately starts rambling on about his latest raid. He interjects that with: That's just the kind of boasting Besmara wants to hear. We're gonna track that ship, my friends. as he continues. He stopped ten goons and an officer of the Chelish army with his bare hands before they subdued him, sunk his ship and made him carry the anchor as a punishment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Doing a 15 minute "prayer" refluffed as boasting about piracy to prepare Track Ship and Abundant Ammunition with my "flex" slots. If we start to get into ship combat, he will cast that on cannon balls or ballista arrows to produce ammo, sadly just for four minutes but that could be enough for several barrages.

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku transforms into an eagle and takes off into the air. As he gets up into the air where the bird creature is not just a silhouette, it is clear that it is a bit bigger and a bit farther away than originally thought. It seems to notice Bodaku approaching and it starts circling towards the ship on the side towards land. Something feels off about the creature but it is hard to tell at distance so he continue towards it.
    As the distance is closed a singing can be heard. The singing is quite beautiful and enticing and pretty soon both Bodaku and Shaddup are captivated by the singing. As the creature flies towards the ship they fall in behind the creature. Soon they get close enough to the ship that everyone can hear the singing. The song's enchanting tune quickly takes grip in everyone's minds, a moment later Azaro and a few of the crew manage to shake off the effects of the song.

    The creature is about 200ft away by the time it's song has had a chance to take effect in everyone's minds.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Your fly speed is 30 as per the spell, rather than 80 of the eagle, unless I've missed something in wild shape
    Will save DC16
    Bodaku 8+7 = 15
    Shaddup 12 + 2 = 14

    Olivia 7+2 = 9
    Ariadne 5+5 = 10
    Azaro 9+10 = 19
    Gerran 12+0 = 12
    crew 1 out of 6 saved

    Let me know if I missed anything, I used base will save for all, DC16 charisma based (not a fey)
    That was a really bad set of rolls, maybe the Wizard's roller knows it was for a PF game....


    Song: All creatures aside from other *creatures* within a 300-foot spread must succeed on a DC 16 Will saving throw or become captivated. A creature that successfully saves is not subject to the same *creature*ís song for 24 hours. A victim under the effects of the captivating song moves toward the *creature* using the most direct means available. If the path leads them into a dangerous area such as through fire or off a cliff, that creature receives a second saving throw to end the effect before moving into peril. Captivated creatures can take no actions other than to defend themselves. A victim within 5 feet of the *creature* simply stands and offers no resistance to the *creature*ís attacks. This effect continues for as long as the *creature* sings and for 1 round thereafter. This is a sonic mind-affecting charm effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

    Everyone's turn, though I'm not sure how much most of the group can do but leaving it open in case there are abilities you can do.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-08-18 at 03:53 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne's eyes narrow, then widen in alarm as the singing becomes clearer. She opens her mouth to shout a warning, but finds herself growing slackjawed instead. It was so beautiful...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I do have a +2 vs enchantment effects, which should apply here, but its not enough to make a difference, so... Looks like its up to Azaro. That really was some awful rolling.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-08-19 at 09:13 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Azaro cuts some rope and tries to restrain the victims if able. He traces a few of his tattoos, and a bull on his chest starts to glow. If nothing is available to bind the victims, Azaro will shout: Guys, I WILL punch you if you approach that creature.

    He then follows through.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Use in order:
    (1d20+9)[11]
    (1d3+6)[8]

    (1d20+9)[22]
    (1d3+6)[8]

    (1d20+9)[16]
    (1d3+6)[9]

    If you need an order, I go Ariadne, Olivia, Gerran.

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    I suppose Bodaku follows along.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    SO CLOSE!!!!

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Gerran can just barely make out the bird in the distance. Perhaps an albatross?, he thought. Some good luck for the ship then.

    Then the singing started. It resonated in him, beautiful harmonies making his limbs move in sync with the music. It was too far away though; he was only able to hear it dimly. He suddenly wanted to hear more, so he moved towards the starboard.

    For some reason, a massive green fist came out of nowhere, and only Gerran's ki-enhanced reflexes kept it from colliding with his head. Apparently, Azaro hated this song. He didn't bother wondering why; all that mattered was the song.

    He lept off the boat.
    Last edited by Zurambas; 2019-08-19 at 03:14 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    (OOC:victim under the effects of the captivating song moves toward the *creature* using the most direct means available. If the path leads them into a dangerous area such as through fire or off a cliff, that creature receives a second saving throw to end the effect before moving into peril)

    Olivia so enchanted by the song moves towards the edge of the ship (Will Save (1d20+2)[20] <edit> and then just before leaping off snaps to her senses, seeing the creature nearby runs to the ballista shouting as she does get the crew restrained before they go over!, and loads a bolt swiveling the giant crossbow into position to fire at the creature.
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-08-19 at 01:02 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Azaro whacks Ariadne as he sees the enchantment take effect and she starts walking towards the back of the ship but it doesn't seem to do anything on it's own. But as she nears the edge of the ship ready to jump into the ocean with Azaro trying to pull her back she snaps out of the trance.
    Gerran was not so lucky and he ended up jumping into the ocean.
    Olivia gets ready to step off the edge of the ship when she comes to her senses and shakes off the effects. She runs to the closest large crossbow and loads a bolt into it, dropping the grappling-hook bolt out of it.
    The crew that weren't enchanted see Azaro's actions and also go to stop other crew. They manage to stop a couple but not to break their enchantment, though some do manage to shake it off as they get to the edge of the ship. Luckily the crew leader that was piloting the ship at the time does break out at the edge and heads back to the wheel. Some go overboard with Gerran.

    Bodaku and Shaddup are still enthralled and continue to follow the creature as it passes them by on the way to the ship.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Will DC 16
    Ariadne 8 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 17 (roll + save + bonus + help from azaro)
    Gerran 11 + 0 = 11

    D5 (which crew was driving) = 4 (one that failed)
    edge of ship save: 8, 15, 7, 17 (so the driver)

    crew overboard d18 = 10

    Two rounds have passed, counted Azaro's second as restraining Ariadne when the hitting didn't help. Hitting didn't hit AC so no damage, CMD to grapple wouldn't do damage
    Round one of Olivia was breaking free, two was to load the crossbow, didn't go to the ballista because it wouldn't have been able to point to where the creature was.
    Since Bodaku wasn't in any danger no extra save.
    Didn't really make it clear what is required to keep the song going, so going to rule it stops maintaining it once it attacks next round.


    Spoiler: map
    Show


  30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The feel of the water on his fur was a distant concern. He began swimming towards that haunting melody, wanting wrap himself around its source and never leave.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Do I need to make a Swim check, Erloas? Or do you do those?

    Also, low Will saves are hilarious...
    Last edited by Zurambas; 2019-08-20 at 03:09 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •