The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 585
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia looks through her supply of extracts, well I have one thing I think would be usefull and another that might be usefull against undead, and two that can be used to heal us if needed, but the others will not be of help here.
    I would prefer to shoot them through this whole where i dont think even one could get to us. I however agree fighting them with their numbers reduced in tight area is best

    pulling out her pair of Dragoon Pistols pointing them to shoot through the hole without poking them through it.


    Olivia consumes extract True Strike:next single attack roll +20 insight not affected by the miss chance that applies to attackers trying to strike a concealed target
    Targeting the closest of the undead with both pistols
    ph: pistol 6 (1d20+21)[30] confirm crit (1d20+21)[41] damage (1d8+3)[4]
    oh: pistol 10 (1d20+17)[23] confirm crit (1d20+17)[20] damage (1d8+3)[11]

    Spoiler: extracts
    Show

    True Strike - used
    Longshot
    Endure Elements
    Empower Holy Water
    Cure Moderate Wounds
    Cure Moderate Wounds
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-10-26 at 06:57 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "We should stay and put these creatures down. It's not right that they are up and about when they should be dead and gone." Bodaku pours some water from his flask onto the deck. The water splashes and gurgles and shapes itself into a tear drop sized mass.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Summon monster II, water elemental

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "All right then, let's go with your approach my dear, lets let loose a barrage through the cracks and portholes. Should they start breaking through somewhere, be ready to cover the breach."

    Ariadne will find her own firing position, and ready her pistol before nodding for Olivia to take the lead on this assault.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16] vs touch (1d8)[2] damage

    2 damage... I really sometimes want to kick whoever decided no dex bonus to ranged weapon damage. At least give us half by default and/or buy it with a feat...
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-28 at 04:37 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    After crawling along the floors looking through cracks and knot holes in the flooring you get a decent idea of the layout and the creatures. Olivia finds a bit larger crack in the floor and watches the creatures for a little bit and when it seems like it's stopped for a moment she puts the guns into the crack and tries to hit right where it was.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Wasn't quite sure how to do part of that, likely clearly a damaged ship isn't going to be impossible to see between levels, but seeing and attacking aren't the same. So going to count shots as against full concealment because you can't really see them directly while aiming. If you were to go off the sides to the openings for the small cannons that would be different.
    concealment
    (1d100)[62] attack 1
    (1d100)[92] attack 2
    If you wanted to crack open the doors to get a clear shot you can retroactively choose to do that, but it will mean getting the doors open.



    Can't really show two levels very well, but you're on top, with the doors into the bottom in orange. Also didn't actually have a picture for the hold, but I think the general idea is there. I also realized I didn't add the water elemental until after I uploaded it, but consider it beside Bodaku.
    Spoiler: map
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku will retroactively cast shape wood to give her the hole that she needs. If that is allowed.

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    [The first hits beat concealment either way. But if you want to have opened up some larger holes we can do that, how much ever you want to open up in a 10ft square worth of floor, or stairway down. Probably need about a 1ft hole to get a clear shot with a pistol. Though I would just note that these are not mindless undead so they're not just going to stand around now that the surprise round is over. If you wanted to summon the elemental on the level with creatures, rather than with you, let me know]

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia draws her sword and holy water extract while taking aim with both pistols for a second volley, preparing to withdraw to the upper deck if needed.

  8. - Top - End - #548
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    [The first hits beat concealment either way. But if you want to have opened up some larger holes we can do that, how much ever you want to open up in a 10ft square worth of floor, or stairway down. Probably need about a 1ft hole to get a clear shot with a pistol. Though I would just note that these are not mindless undead so they're not just going to stand around now that the surprise round is over. If you wanted to summon the elemental on the level with creatures, rather than with you, let me know]
    I imagined that there was a barricaded door between us and the monsters. I put the water elemental right in front of that door so that it would block anyone from getting through.

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The creatures rush the door as the shots ring out, it's hard to follow their movement through the holes but it becomes irrelevant quickly as the doors are pulled forward. The one that was shot had dropped it's ax pulled the door open, then the elemental as it steps up to block the path. The elemental and the undead smash into each other and the undead creature crumples to the ground. Moments later the other two come into view at the door, great weapons raised. They come crashing down, one misses wildly but the other cleaves straight through the elemental and it disappears as a splash and runs down the stairs. There is a strong stench coming from the creatures, and a better look at them in the open and it looks like they used to be sailors on the ship, in rusted and decaying armor and remnants of some sort of uniform. Eye's glowing with unholy light, their bodies a mix of torn rotten flesh and exposed bones.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    elemental attack (ac 14)
    (1d3)[2] (undead 1/2/3 F/G/H) (2 is the damaged one)
    (1d20+6)[15] +5 +1 for both being in water
    (1d6+4)[9]

    undead attacks vs elemental (ac 17)
    1
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d12+4)[5]
    2

    (1d20+5)[6]
    (1d10+4)[11]

    3

    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d12+4)[15]

    Sorry it's taken so long

    Spoiler: map
    Show
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-11-11 at 11:38 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "I hate dead things!" Bodaku casts water jet Shaddup attacks.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Shaddup will attack the thing in front of the the elemental. To be clear, the elemental is dead right? It seemed that way from the text but is still on the map. Can shaddup attack second so that he doesn't get hosed by water?
    Shaddup Attack (1d20+2)[18]
    Shaddup Damage (1d4+1)[3]
    Water Jet damage (4d6)[21]
    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-11-12 at 02:12 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    targeting the undead shown at G-9
    Movement 5ft to G-13
    Attack penalties for TWF/MWF PH -6 OH -10
    Top Left PH: MW Dragoon Pistol vs. touch ac (1d20+1)[19] confirm crit (1d20+1)[11] damage (1d8+3)[5]
    Top Right OH: MW Dragoon Pistol vs. touch ac (1d20-3)[12] confirm crit (1d20-3)[5] damage (1d8+3)[7]
    Bottom Left PH: MW Longsword
    Bottom Right OH: Empowered Holy Water Extract roll]1d20-4[/roll] confirm crit (1d20-4)[3] damage (2d4+4)[11] edit well nuts check OOC for this re-roll **Empowered Holy Water Extract (1d20-4)[0] confirm crit (1d20-4)[13] damage (2d4+4)[11]

    *Empowered Holy Water Extract ranged touch attack deals 2d4 points of damage to an undead creature or an evil outsider Each such creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of damage from the splash
    When thrown at an undead creature, the affected Empowered vial of holy water deals an extra +4 on a direct hit, and half that amount of bonus damage to creatures caught in the splash area. This additional damage is positive energy damage

    OOC: on that holy water it looks like it will miss the target but question is will it splash and still hit both?
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-12 at 12:55 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne waves her hands and casts a spell, calling forth a cloud of shining specks.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Glitterdust, DC 17 vs blindness for 4 rounds, centered so the revenants are the only ones effected.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Shaddup flies up to the creature and sinks a claw into it, then a stream of water shoots from Bodaku's hands and hits the creature, knocking it back and it slumps against the wall.

    Olivia shoots at the other creature, hitting it twice. The vial of holy water sails past the creature and breaks far behind it.

    The cloud of gold summoned by Ariadne settles over the remaining creature and blinds it.

    The creature moves up the stairs, swinging wildly as it goes. It catches Ariadne on the stairs with it's great axe, hitting for 13 damage.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Olivia, did you actually have vials of holy water to empower?
    As for splash, you were at 20ft, 10ft increments, so 2 squares on the miss so splash doesn't hit either.

    (1d2)[2]1 bodaku, 2 Ariadne
    draugr attack
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d12+4)[13]
    concealment (from blind)
    (1d100)[94]


    Spoiler: map
    Show


    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-11-14 at 05:12 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne stifles her cry of pain as the greataxe scores a long but fortunately shallow cut. Stepping back, she fires at the undead thing before her. But the gun misfires, blowing shrapnel and flame to the side in a small burst.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5' step back Out Of Reach pistol shot vs touch ac (1d20+5)[6] damage (1d8)[2]
    Welp, that's not merely a miss, but a misfire.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-11-15 at 07:28 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    *round 2 on olivias turn
    seeing her friend get hit
    free/swift action draw cure moderate wounds extract
    movement: move from G13 to H13 to I12 for 10ft then " Ariadne here take this it will help you "
    Shooting at the undead at G11
    Attack penalties for TWF/MWF PH -6 OH -10
    Top Left PH: MW Dragoon Pistol vs. touch ac (1d20+1)[17] confirm crit (1d20+1)[8] damage (1d8+3)[11]
    Top Right OH: MW Dragoon Pistol vs. touch ac (1d20-3)[12] confirm crit (1d20-3)[4] damage (1d8+3)[6]
    Bottom Left PH: MW Longsword
    Bottom Right: Cure moderate wounds on Ariadne (2d8+4)[16]

    edit *OOC I think I can finish my movement, if not then that will be end of turn, otherwise
    Movement from I12 to H13 to G13 to F13 to E12 for 30ft total
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-15 at 04:16 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Ahhhhh! Get away, get away!" Bodaku flails wildly. Fortunately, Shaddup is a better fighter than him.
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Yeeesh. Them's some bad rolls

    Bodaku
    Attack (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage (1d8-1)[1]
    Shaddup
    Attack 1(1d20+2)[8]
    Damage 1(1d4+1)[5]
    Attack 2(1d20+2)[8]
    Damage 2(1d4+1)[2]
    Attack 3(1d20+2)[4]
    Damage 3(1d4+1)[5]
    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-11-16 at 03:06 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne's pistol jams and Bodaku and Shaddup flail at the creature but can't seem to connect. But Olivia's shots find their mark and blast into the creature, dropping it to the ground and the magical energy drains from it's eye sockets. She then uses her potion on Ariadne.

    All of the former crew seem to be dead once again and some of the nauseous smells from the area seems to dissipate somewhat.
    The door below deck is open and there seems to be some water and some other, older, corpses around. Nothing seems to be moving now. There is some light from the holes, cracks, and open doors but it quickly gets dim then dark as you look farther in, with a few brighter areas in the distance where openings to the outside can be seen.

  18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne accepts the healing poultice from Olivia with a smile and word of thanks, then sets to clearing the jam in her pistol.

    "Lets make sure things are actually clear, and then finish up picking out whatever is worth salvaging. Between the damage I've seen and the taint of undeath, I'm thinking that this ship is not worth the effort of recovering, if so, we ought to see if we could drag it off the rocks, give it and the poor sailors here to the sea."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    While reloading her pistols.. well if you do not think the ship is worth tring to recover then I agree let us salvage what we can. then I do not think we should risk our vessel in an effort to pull this off the rocks. instead set it ablaze that should also give the poor souls here a proper burial. and before we go into the dark maybe some extra light down there would be useful

  20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Once the weapon jam is cleared and healing taken care of you head down into the hold. The water at the door is just barely covering the floor but it gets deeper towards the back of the ship. You are pretty sure the lower decks must be completely flooded. You start by heading into the bow of the ship, through a door and into what looks to be crew quarters, with a table, some chairs, hammocks, and a few basic chests. Though much of it is overturned or slid forward as if the ship had hit the rocks at a reasonable speed. Checking the chests there just seems to be clothes, and most of it low quality, even if it weren't rotten and moldy, though a few small coin pouches are found in each one, as well as two potions. There are also a few corpses around, most in very bad shape so the exact cause of death isn't obvious, some seem to be in simple clothing, others in armor. There are a few weapons on the ground, swords and daggers mostly and all rusted.
    There is one corpse that stands out though, it seems to have been dressed in much nicer clothing but no armor and seems to have a lot more gold and gems in the pouch on it's belt, as well as scroll case with a few scrolls inside.

    Moving back into the main room there are quite a few crates around and cracking open a few it looks like commodity goods. Looks like some clothing and fabrics, some things that seem like they were probably food at one point, all very ruined. There are also some crates of miscellaneous items like lanterns, pots and pans, tools, and all the sorts of things for every day life. Some of the more durable items might be salvageable but it would take some work.

    What does catch your eye is that there are two small cannons on each side of the ship. The two to the front are still in pretty good shape, some rust on the barrels and some of the wood on the base needs repaired or replaced. The ones to the back are in the water and covered in rust and barnacles starting to grow on them. There is a box of balls by each, with about 40 balls between them, some are in much better shape than others. You see some small casks by each but opening them it looks more like mud than powder at this point, clearly having not kept the water out.

    There are more corpses around, similar to before. You do find one more corpse that stands out, as being in a steel breastplate and with a shield still strapped to it's arm. The shield looks to be in remarkably good shape given everything else, but the leather on the front of the shield looks odd. The breastplate is rusting but not nearly as fast the lower quality stuff found elsewhere. The warhammer at it's side also looks to be in good shape but the metal head has greenish sheen to it.

    As you get to the back of the ship you see a galley and benches and some more crew quarters but all in much worse shape than at the front of the ship thanks to being more in the water.
    A total of somewhere over a dozen corpses were found, much less that was likely to be serving on the ship.

    The doors to the next level down are located under the other stairs and upon opening them you can see that it is in fact completely full of water and the murk of the water makes seeing anything beyond a couple feet all but impossible without swimming.

  21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "I agree with Olivia. Send these poor souls to what is next." At the bottom of the ship where there is water: "I can find out more for us. Look after them Shaddup." I believe he has one animal shape left. Bodaku turns into an octopus and swim's through the water. "Where's my dinner!"
    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-11-19 at 11:30 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku transforms into an octopus and drops through the door and down the stairs. Much of the area is very dark but near the front of the ship a lot of light can be seen and upon inspection it is where there is a large hole in the ship where it hit the rocks. There are some fish, crabs, and other similar aquatic life swimming around but nothing that poses any threat. There are a few corpses here too, a few seem to have been trapped under shifting cargo. There is almost nothing left of these corpses though, the local fauna seem to have made short work of them.

    After pulling open a few crates it seems to be similar cargo to above. There is another set of crew rooms at the stern of the ship but it is too dark to see anything in there. Knowing that it is usually the lowest of the crew at the bottom you don't expect to find much.

  23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Instructing the few crew that came over - you men get these corpses topside for a proper burial. then once that is done lend a hand at getting these things topside.

    *Items to be retrieved (OOC: I have noted them on my sheet several to be identified later)
    few small coin pouches are found in each one, as well as two potions.
    more gold and gems in the pouch on it's belt, as well as scroll case with a few scrolls inside.
    miscellaneous items like lanterns, pots and pans, tools, and all the sorts of things for every day life.
    two small cannons on each side of the ship.
    40 cannon balls
    steel breastplate and with a shield
    a warhammer - metal head has greenish sheen to it.
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-20 at 08:24 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne sweeps the ship with a handful of others a few extra times to be sure nothing was missed, scanning for magical signatures along the way.

    The dead will be placed in the aft castle, along with whatever flammable materials can be found dry enough to catch. If needed to ensure a proper blaze, lantern oil will be brought over.

    As things are wrapping up, she will address the crew. "We have earned a moment of triumph today. When this threat arose, we stuck together and fought as one, and as a result we did not lose so much as a single one of our crew. Remember that lesson, because that unity is the difference between the success we now enjoy and the fate of those who came here before us. I am proud of each and every one of you. Make sure to enjoy the bonuses you have earned today. For now, let us pay our respects to the dead, and give their ashes to the sea so that they might know peace. Azaro, if you could perform the last rites..."

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    detect magic sweep of the entire vessel, both to confirm if any of the taken loot is magical, and to look for anything with a magical signature that might have been missed.

    I think as soon as everything is loaded onto our ship and the derelict is set on fire, we can move on.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-11-20 at 10:48 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    While scanning for magic you see that the shield has a moderate abjuration aura. The scrolls and potions are also magical. You get a very faint aura of necromancy in the hold of the ship as well as the corpse of the recently killed creatures.

    Just to be clear, there are 4 cannons, 2 in fair shape, and 2 in very poor shape. These are 3lb (ball size) cannons and each one weighs 800lbs, so each one will need to be moved across separately and take quite a few people to do it. It will probably take an hour or two per cannon.

    This was clearly a trade vessel, so it has a lot of cargo. The cargo that can be salvaged is about 1/3 of the hold. But loading and unloading a ship is not a fast task. Normally the crates would be loaded and unloaded with pulleys, carts, and ramps. With some ropes from your ship and some work you can repair the mechanisms to lift them from the hold, but they'll then have to be loaded into the jollyboat and transferred over a few crates at a time. The cargo will take 8-12 hours to move all of the stuff that isn't completely ruined.

  26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Lets get a hoist working to get this stuff on deck, then I will keep some of this crew here to get stuff ready to go over, captain you and Bodaku with a few crew take this first bunch over, then send back the jolly boat, full of crew who then can help with the transfer of cargo from the wreck to jolly boat and whats left of the crew over on our ship can rig the hoist to offload the jolly boat and get things stored. with any luck we can be done by night fall
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-22 at 05:32 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne nods before returning to the ship and rallying the waiting crew to help with shifting the recovered goods.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku agrees. Before commencing, he leads a small ceremony for the lost souls, offering them guidance to wherever is next for them. After the hulk is fully salavaged, he will burn the wreck with magic. "We should carry onto our mission. Those assasins must be dressed sharply when they kill their target. It's in all the plays."

  29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    A few of the sailors are sent over with the first smaller things found in the officers' rooms and come back with more crew, ropes, and various tools and parts to get the pulley system working. With some work you get them working well enough and start with lifting the cannons out and loading one at a time into the jollyboat and moved across. Then they move to the cargo. A few of the crates clearly wouldn't handle being moved but there are others where the goods are ruined but the crates still look to be in ok shape and it is moved over. Overall it is a long and busy day of lifting and sorting goods, moving them across, then loading them into the hold of your ship. Lucky or well managed, nothing really of note happens in the process.
    The cannons are loaded into the hold as well, secured like all the other cargo, without any current use for them without having good powder.

    Once you are done it is late in the evening, not yet dark but will be soon.

    As you're leaving the derelict ship for the last time a torch is left on the bedding in the cabins. It takes a little bit before it really gets going but by the time you're back on your ship the flames are quickly growing at the aft of the ship and seems like it will soon engulf the entire ship. The smoke rising thick into the air as the somewhat damp wood dries in the heat before the flames spread on.

    Do you weigh anchor and head on or stay there for the night? Also free to do anything else

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    engineering
    11+5=16
    prof sailor
    8+12=20

  30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    After making doubly sure all was secured and the ballast adjusted, Ariadne will order for the anchor to be weighed and the ship to get underway. The remaining harpy might try again if they remained close, and after such a day it did not seem prudent to have another night of a doubled watch if there was no need.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •