The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 579
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    'Cassandra' opens her mouth and appears to scream, yet save for a faint sensation just on the edges of one's perception, no one can hear anything, save for the object of the Witch's ire. The leader of the bandits hears an intense scream, loud enough to cause significant pain.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bandit Leader needs to make a DC 15 Fortitude save. Failure inflicts (1d6)[2] sonic damage and the Dazed condition for 1 round. Success negates Daze and halves the damage.
    Huh, really poor damage result... good thing that's not the point, hopefully the Dazed condition sticks.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-11-27 at 06:46 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Without any obvious cause you see the leader let out a sharp yell and looks to have taken hit as she doubles over and tries to cover her ears from a sound that no one else can hear.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    trial map:
    https://www.mipui.net/app/index.html...et=sifyzg1qr32

    We'll try the map TheStillWind set up, I've set people where they need to be. Note that it isn't locked and you can change things. If you guys think its good I'll see about locking it down some

    (1d20+1)[9] Vs DC 15

    Still giving Morley a chance to act, but posting this to get the map out there. It doesn't seem to render correctly in Edge, but everything else seems good, including mobile.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-11-28 at 12:01 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Morley hesitates briefly before pulling his hornbow from his back and lets an arrow loose at the thug with the crossbow. His aim is true and the arrow flies straight, striking the thug square in the chest. He staggers for a second before falling to the ground.


    The remaing thug looks a bit shocked as his friend falls beside him, lets out a short yell and charges. He pulls a pair of daggers out of his cloak as he runs and swings at River but he is sloppy and doesn't connect.


    The leader mutters "useless fools" as the crossbow from her erstwhile companion clatters to the dock.


    Spoiler
    Show


    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d20+5)[25] (crit?)
    (2d6)[11]

    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d4+3)[6]
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d8)[5]

    (1d20)[3] (crit?)

    Bodaku, Daegan, Olivia, and River can go again.

    edit: Because of Dazed Ariadne and Morley can go too
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-11-28 at 10:56 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    round 2
    On Olivia's Action
    Attack leader: (1d20+3)[13] : confirm crit (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Move: tactical 5ft step south diagonal away

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Satisfied at disabling the leader, if only briefly, 'Cassandra' produces a pistol from somewhere in her robes and fires it at the woman.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    attack vs touch AC (1d20+4)[15]
    damage (1d8)[7]
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TheStillWind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Still hidden under the cover of his previous spell, Deagan takes a shuffle step to adjust distance between the two enemies. If he was not hidden you would see his eyes glow for a moment.

    From the center of the battlefield, an arrow of crackling blue light streaks out towards the remaining henchman's back. A second, less flashy, arrow follows just behind the first. Daegan is revealed.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    5ft Step to 18,10
    Swift Action Arcane Accuracy
    Full Attack Spell Combat

    Ranged Spell Strike Deadeye Arrow
    (1d20+6)[18] Attack to Flat Footed AC, Bonus =+7 -4 for shooting into Melee, +2 for Invis, -2 For Spell Combat, + 3 For Arcane Accuracy = +6
    Confirm Crit
    (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage
    (1d6+3)[6] Electric Damage from Deadeye Arrow
    (1d8+2)[7] Composite Bow


    Composite Bow
    (1d20+4)[6] Attack to Flat Footed AC, Bonus=+7 -4 for shooting into Melee, -2 For Spell Combat, + 3 For Arcane Accuracy = +4
    Confirm Crit
    (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[5] Composite Bow


    I am after Bodaku, so if he drops this enemy or if the enemy drops from the first shot, direct the remaining attacks at the leader. Olivia will still be in melee range if the attacks are directed toward the leader instead so the bonuses should be correct.


    Last edited by TheStillWind; 2018-11-29 at 11:11 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku holds out his hand, open palmed, and begins mumbling under his breath at the solitary bandit away from his comrades. As he does so, sparks sputter from his palm. Within seconds, a small flame burns in his palm. With a final mutter, the flame shoots at his target. As soon as it leaves his hand, another flame takes it's place. From above, an angry blur of blue, red and greens screams out of the night screaming "Where's dinner, where's dinner, wheres dinner?" over and over again as it claws and bites at the face of the pirate closest to the party. "Good bird," says Bodaku with a smile as his friend/pet peeve Shaddup, claws at the face of the criminal."

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Produce flame, Range Touch attack [roll0], damage [roll1]
    Shaddup, 3 1d4 attacks (1 bite, two claws)
    Attack 1 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
    Attack 2 [roll4] Damage [roll5]
    Attack 3 [roll6] Damage [roll7]

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Second attempt to make rolls


    Produce flame, Range Touch attack (1d20+2)[11], damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Shaddup, 3 1d4 attacks (1 bite, two claws)
    Attack 1 (1d20+2)[21] Damage (1d4)[2]
    Attack 2 (1d20+2)[22] Damage (1d4)[4]
    Attack 3 (1d20+2)[22] Damage (1d4)[3]

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Can you crit with natural weapons, because My bird just did. Twice.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The thug fighting River catches Bodaku's movement and just barely manages to dodge the burning ray. But it is enough of a distraction that he can't dodge out of the way of the bird screaming towards him, it sinks both talons deep in the thugs chest and bits his face, possibly taking out an eye but you can't tell for sure. The thug slumps to the ground in a bloody mess.

    Daegan watching the bird drop the henchman and directs his shot at the leader. The sparking blue arrow catches her right in the leg, the other arrow sails wide and shatters as it strikes the wall behind her.

    Olivia swings at the leader but she deftly parries the attack away, Oliva takes a step back to refocus. That opens up a clear shot, 'Cassandra' takes the opportunity and fires, striking the leader a solid hit.

    As her shot rings out you hear a few voices in the distance calling for the guards. They don't seem to be that close though.

    The barrage snaps her out of her daze but she looks battered and gravely wounded. Her eyes dart to the edge of the docks, you think she might make a run for it if she can.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[18]crit?
    (1d20+2)[22]crit?
    That bird is rolling like crazy, so far you've managed to drop both with exact HP hits

    I also see that Shaddup is a "bird" rather than a parrot, so the damage is right.
    River and Morley are delaying (although River would have went after the thug fighting him died anyway)


    Olivia, Daegan, and River are next

    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-11-30 at 03:24 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    round 3 on Olivia's action
    place cutlass in off hand
    draw pistol aim at leader and fire (unless he is dead before hand)
    Ranged attack vs. touch ac (1d20+6)[20] : confirm Crit (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage (1d8+3)[4]
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-11-30 at 10:19 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia's marksmanship seems to be better than her sword work tonight and she strikes the woman in the shoulder and she drops to the ground.

    You don't yet see any city guards but they can't be far off.


    In looking over your would be attackers you find that the first thug is stable but not moving, clearly in a lot of pain but the arrow wasn't instantly fatal.
    The other thug has his face and chest torn up badly and is still bleeding, but looks like he could survive with some attention.

    The leader is torn up as well with several bad injuries. You're not sure she if she'll survive or not on her own before the guards make it here.


    You can see her armor is high quality studded leather and doesn't appear to be standard leather, but you can't tell more without removing it. Her sword and the light crossbow seem of high quality, the rest of the equipment and armor seem pretty standard. They've also got their money pouches but you haven't dug through them yet.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Being that they're just dying rather than dead and the guards are on their way you can decide if you want to take their things or not. Which is why you don't know what is in their packs yet.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TheStillWind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Daegan runs up toward the entrance of the alley blocking off the exit whispering, "Heleg." He draws an arrow from his quiver as ice and frost coalesces in his hand. He nocks the ice arrow and raises his bow.

    "Your friends are dead, you should talk." Daegan glances at River and then the rest of his companions in turn.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move to block the alleyway
    Swift Action Arcane Accuracy
    Ready an action to cast Rime Snowball arrow at the leader if she attacks or flees.
    If she does...
    Rime Snowball
    (1d20+11)[31] vs AC Bonus=+7+1PointBlankShot+3ArcaneAccuracy=+11, x3/20 crit
    DC 14 Fort vs Staggered for 1 round (single action only each round)
    (1d20+11)[18] Crit Confirm

    (3d6)[6] Cold Damage
    If any cold damage is taken then she also is entangled for 1 round.
    (1d8+2)[8] Arrow Damage (Edit: this should be an additional +1 for point blank shot for a 9 total damage)

    Last edited by TheStillWind; 2018-11-30 at 01:40 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    greyish blue #647693

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "She can't hear you dearie, let me fix that before you start asking questions."

    Quickly divesting the fallen leader of her weapons, 'Cassandra' mumbles something inaudible. From her sleeve emerges a black and white banded sea krait, which most sailors would recognize as being incredibly venomous.

    Tilting its head over the leader's worst wound, the sea snake let's fall a single drop of venom. The witch says a few more words, and the drop begins to glow as it falls. When it impacts the bullet hole, there is a sizzling noise, the bleeding stops, and the wound begins to close, pushing the bullet closer to the surface.

    She will repeat her treatment for her wounded companions, and then the other dying Bandit if he has not stabilized on his own in the meantime

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing hex, no the bit about the Venom was not necessary, just felt it was good flavor
    There is no limit to the number of times per day I can heal this way, but each person can only benefit once
    Healing (1d8+3)[11]
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-11-30 at 08:25 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Yohohohohoho There there now Daishan, no need for more violence. I believe we have made our point to this enchanting young lady. I'm sure she will be more than willing to cooperate now." River walks over to the leader of the thugs as Cassandra heals her. River tilts his head slightly as he watches Cassandra work, a tickling in the back of his mind appears as he sees her spell. After the drop of venom begins to work its magic, River crouches over the prone lass. "Up up up now my dear! The battle is over now, and I'm afraid we are in quite a pickle. You see, you don't quite seem to be a group of common thugs, at least to my old eyes Yohohohohoho! Would you be so kind as to explain who you are and why you would attack my associate there?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    KnoArcana to see if I recognize Cassandra's spell (1d20)[6]
    Diplomacy to try to get the thug leader talking (1d20+11)[27]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The leader comes to with a start, looks at 'Cassandra' hovering over her with a snake, then to Daegan standing with the bow aimed at her. She then focuses on River as he speaks.


    "Alright, I know when I've bit off more than I can handle. I'm surprised I'm not another piece of flotsam in the harbor." She hesitates and looks over her wounds and to her companions laying on the ground. The one that had the crossbow has came to and slowly starts to sit up. She reaches out slowly and takes her cloak from the ground and pulls it around her.
    She looks to River and continues "Well you're not wrong, this isn't our normal line of work but things have been slow lately so we've been supplementing our normal work where we can."


    The third thug starts to come around, but stays on the ground and is feeling the torn flesh around his face where the bird got him.

    After watching him for a second she says "We've been looking to head out of town soon, we just haven't found any work worth taking. Our normal contact has been quiet lately."


    Spoiler
    Show

    Both of the others are stabile but still negative. They've made no attempt to do anything


  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Goodness! Such bravado! It is quite the risky decision to make in this part of town. If we had happened to be of a less than refutable sort, we might have simply stripped you of your possessions and left you for dead! .......though, the thought of stripping that beautiful armor off of you is quite the tempting thought indeed, Yohohohohohoho!" River brings his hand up to his mask, looking as though he will take it off. "Another question for you my dear. How much do you care for this contact of yours? Is he a person you would die to keep safe? A man or woman you deeply fear will harm you or those you love if not obeyed? Or simply another body in the setting of your life? I would greatly appreciate knowing."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Diplomacy (1d20+11)[16]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia walks up to the leader looking over the weapons and armor, The less refutable sort ehh my friend, I think this one here needs a lesson soon not forgotten. looking over the armor fasteners. Now then I suggest you answer his questions or I will have this as my own .. tugging at the armor
    whichever applies :intimidate or diplomacy they are the same (1d20-1)[14]
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-12-01 at 01:20 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    She cautiously but distinctly tries to turn away from Olivia's hands on her armor. She seems to be watching how the rest of the group reacts. Speaking to River "I learned to use a sword so I wouldn't have to make my money that way. Six is more than I can handle there too..."


    After a moment she say "We don't try to hurt anyone, we just try to make it clear that fighting is not a viable option. It usually makes things go a lot easier when they know their coins are gone either way." She looks at Daegan "Usually others choose not to see what is going down" she looks at everyone else "but it seems you all know each other."


    She sighs lightly and continues "My name is Salama. I work freelance, usually helping move goods that clients don't want to talk about. As such, I get paid to not ask questions, so I don't. More of a time and place setup than a name. Not a group I want to cross, if it is who I think it is, but they're not too worried about given associate."


    As she was talking the thug that used to have the crossbow has slowly and cautiously make his way to his friend and is helping him with the wounds from the bird. He had looked between everyone as he went, making it clear he meant to do nothing more than help his friend.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-12-01 at 03:07 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    River suddenly seems incredibly flustered as Olivia picks at Salama's armor. "WhatnoOliviathatisn'twhatImeantIwassayingweWEREN' TthelessrefutalbesortIwouldneverwantthatitsahorrib lethingtodotosomeonewithoutconsentAgentlemanwouldn everresorttosuchtacticswhendealingwiththefairersex itisadegenateandshamefulactalthough.......I wouldn't mind it if I could see her panties Yohohohohohoho! WAITNOImeanonlywithherconsentofcourseIamsosorrymad amitwasnotmyintentionforthistohapoenatall! Forgive me."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Will add more, comprehensible, text later. Going to offer her 10 go to keep an ear out, with a promise of more if she comes across anything good
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Salama watches River intently as he strings out the words so quickly, taking half a second to parse it, and a slight grin briefly plays across her face. She then scowls at Olivia quickly before responding.
    “I can’t say I have much room to complain, all things considered. If you’re not going to kill us then what is the next step?”

    River responds with Yohohohohohoho! We’re looking for eyes and ears on the street. Someone to give us leads on the more interesting happenings in town. We’ll pay for any good information you can give us.” He pulls out a handful of coins and offers them to her.

    She looks him over, looks over the group again, trying to judge the sincerity of the offer. “We can do that. Like I said, we’re freelance, we take work when we can find it. No one is our master.” She takes the coins and they disappear into her cloak faster than you can keep track of.

    [consider each of these questions asked, waiting for your answer and then the next asked]

    “Is the ten gold my cut or split between the three of us?” You’re sure she didn’t have a chance to count it.

    “Do we get to take our weapons back?” She asks looking at the weapons on the ground.

    “Can you do anything to help my friends get back on the job faster?” She asks looking at her friends and then up at Shaddup, who has since flown up to a nearby roof edge where is he watching everyone.

    “The half-orc is Hodari”
    She says, nodding towards the one that Shaddup tore up. “And our fair Decius” in reference to the human. Hodari’s features can’t be made out well with all the blood on his face, but he has the general look of a Mwangi, the dark skin of one of the main tribes in the jungles to the south. Decius stands out as being rather pale compared to the majority in Azir, likely somewhere in Avistan. Salama has an olive bronze color, guessing she is from the northern part of Garund.

    “How do we meet up with you again to keep the work going?”
    She asks.

    With a bit of thought she says “For the first bit of information I can pass along. The Aspis Consortium is doing most of the major jobs in town. That is who we got our side jobs from. They like to keep their field associates loose so they can disavow direct involvement if someone gets caught by the local governments. They’ve got their above-board operations as a cover for the more profitable lines of work.” With another moments pause to think she adds "There are a number of smaller groups too, not everyone wants to deal with the Consortium. I'll see if I can find anything more solid there"

    Off in the distance to the north you can see a lantern coming down the dock, it seems to be high in the air, probably on a pole. Not at a run, but a steady bob to the light is evident.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku shakes his head at the masked man. He walks over to the two fallen bandits and mutters in his own language before touching each of them on the chest. A glow radiates from his hands into the fallen criminals. "Consider this part of our down payment. Considering we could have killed you and munched on your bones, but are instead healing you and paying you, I would not be so bold as to ask for more of these shiny trinkets. We are not all so generous as the masked pervert. As for your weapons, take them, but should we ever face again in battle, I will feed you to my bird." Shaddup bobs up and down eagerly. "Check back at the bar we just left regularly. We will find you there when we get our ship." He stands up and looks at the incoming light. "I suggest we leave now. We seem to have attracted attention and I am eager for a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is the first day of the job after all. It wouldn't do to be late."

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Releasing the leader, We should go the guards will be here soon

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Can't blame a woman for trying" she says as she scoops up her sword and it disappears into her cloak. She then goes over to Decius and Hodari, whom are looking much better thanks to Bodaku, though Hodari will likely have a scar across his face, and hands them their weapons. The quickly head south for a little bit before disappearing between some builds, not the same alley they attacked out of.

    You then turn and continue north along the docks. You pass a pair of guards a little bit later, they look like they're clearly heading somewhere, but determined not to make it there too quickly.

    You make a quick plan to meet at the crossroad between the docks and the main roadway in the morning before meeting with Robel and Lita or heading in to do any shopping. There are no more problems as you each reach your inns and taverns for the night.

    The next morning you each have your breakfast and slowly gather at the roadway. You can either start looking for provisions for the trip or go down to check out the Favored Terrain and meet her crew before deciding what you might need.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    After breakfast, Well I am off to get a few things I will met you all in a short while down to check out the Favored Terrain. Leaving and headed to the market to purchase some silk rope (50ft) and 1 dragoon alchemical bullet (total roughly 22 gp) once done, She will head directly to where the Favored Terrain is moored.
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-12-04 at 01:34 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TheStillWind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Daegan shows up at the crossroads wearing his standard pack and carrying a chest of no particular quality.

    After Olivia leaves Daegan says, Unless anyone else needs to go buy any personal effects first, I suggest we head down to the boat and take stock of what resources we will be working with. Then we can strategize a little and buy anything we think will be useful. What does everyone say?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    greyish blue #647693

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "They already mentioned they only had the one ship's boat. All things considered, I think bringing another one on board with us would be prudent, if only in case one is sunk in the fighting. I have some funds to spare, though it is likely not enough, perhaps we can combine our coin for this"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    149 gp in my coinpurse, default ship's boat costs 500 gp, not sure if that's changed for this game.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TheStillWind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    I would contribute funds for a ships boat. An extra could prove useful.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Some rolls to guide my thoughts on ship strategy and spells to help.

    Profession Sailor (1d20+5)[7]
    Arcana (1d20+7)[8]




    We should also grab some grappling hooks and rope to assist in counter boarding. Some spell scroll that would help us track a ship or locate a target on open water would be useful as well, though I cannot cast anything like that and I cannot recall off the top of my head what to look for.
    Last edited by TheStillWind; 2018-12-04 at 04:20 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    greyish blue #647693

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Daegan nothing specific comes to mind, but you're pretty sure that a merchant would likely have ideas on what they sell a lot of.

    Finding ropes, grappling hooks, oars, and small boats should be easy and likely in stock. The flyer from last night has ads and locations for shops so finding them will be trivial.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Don't forget that everyone picked up their last 514gp when we started, so whatever you had left after buying from the initial 2500 plus that.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "Yohohohoho Oh the irony my friends. We need to buy a boat, in order to claim a boat. I too shall contribute, so as to make sure one of us does not simply clean out their pocket. Oh I'm so excited, I could sing a song!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go boat and gear shopping with the guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •