New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

With a grin that is all teeth, Bodaku pours some water into his hand from a water skin. As he mumbles in a strange language, the few droplets turn into a floating ball. With a final shout, the water shoots out in a seemingly unending stream, arrowing at the pirate in the bow of the ship. As the stream strikes, the summoned eagle swoops down take advantage of his plight, while Shaddup waits for Olivia to appear so he can deliver her pistol.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Bodaku cast water jet. Target must make a reflex save or be knocked prone. Also his eagle is going to attack the same guy. Shaddup will save his action until Olivia appears.
    Rolls
    Save for pirate (1d20)[7] + reflex
    Damage for water jet (3d6)[11]
    Attack for eagle (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage for eagle(1d4+1)[3]
    Think that's everything

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

olivia still holdiing onto the rope with her of hand, climbs to the deck rail, waits for an opening on the deck for the spiders to clear out before standing on the deck, during that time she draws her pistol and spends the round aiming at the captain's head. ( hoping aimed shot will grant advantage next round )
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-04-04 at 11:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne spots Shaddup approaching with her and Olivia's pistols and quickly waves the bird on down so she has more than spells on hand. The witch quickly hands Olivia her weapon when she climbs up.

Show
    It was originally my pistol left behind, but Olivia would face the same problem with water ruining the shot if she had actually dragged it underwater, so hopefully this alteration is acceptable to all in the name of moving on.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

The dust settles over the mate and the majority of the crew causing most of them to to be blinded.

The jet of water shoots from Bodaku's hand and bowls over the scout in the front of the boat. Then the summoned eagle swoops in and digs its claws into him. He lays slumped at the rail of the ship.

The captain turns to see where the spiders came from just as Olivia is climbing over the rail. He fires off a shot at her. Then runs towards the crew yelling "they've jammed the steering, get the grapples out"

The crew try to comply, throwing the grapples towards the ship. But with most not being able to see, few of the grapples even come close. One hits the ship but slides off the deck without finding purchase.

With the rudder jammed the ship turns faster than it had been and rather than turning parallel to Robel's ship, it starts to turn back out towards open water. There is maybe 5 feet between the ships and the mate and the majority of the crew have pulled even with Bodaku. The captain has made it just past the center mast with the spiders between him and Olivia and Ariadne.

Shaddup flies down to the rail beside Ariadne with the bundle of her gun attached, but seems a bit occupied by the spiders swarming below.
    Show

Really sorry it took so long to get this up. It seems my NPCs didn't make it to my papers and I had just enough other stuff going on that I never got a chance to find them again. I've got them all on my papers now.

Reflex save, I believe the DC for your spells is 16 right? Not on your sheet

Will save glitterdust
    mate
    (1d20+1)[3] vs dc 16
    crew
    (1d20)[11] vs dc 16 (not a direct save, more an idea of how many saved vs failed)

grapples
    mate
    (1d20+2)[3]
    if blind
    (1d100)[19]
    crew
    (1d20)[1]

captains attack
    pistol
    (1d20+10)[16] vs touch ac
    damage
    (1d8)[1]

full parties turn =>
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-04-07 at 11:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

full parties turn =>
    having just been grazed by the captain's shot, she draws her pistol shouting at the captain Surrender!
    and then she spends the round aiming her pistol at the captain's head. ( hoping aimed shot will grant advantage next round )
    Intimidate (1d20-1)[8] - (OOC not sure if there are any other modifiers that would boost this roll - otherwise hes probably not afraid)
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-04-08 at 02:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne tries to coax Shaddup a little closer, "Hey pretty bird, can I have that please?" Meanwhile she waggles her fingers at the captain, seeing as he's still apparently a problem.

Show
    Using Misfortune Hex: Captain makes a DC 15 Will save vs disadvantage (roll twice, take worse result) on all d20 rolls he makes for the next round.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The only other prepared spell Bodaku has that could help is produce flame, which he's loath to cast on a wooden thing he's trying to take for himself and his friends. He can however cast summon Natures ally spontaneously. He's already burned his two second level spots, so he will summon, wait for it, another eagle. The two raptors move towards the scent of blood (whoever is wounded more). After it appears from the clear sky, he yells to Shaddup. "Spirits of the sea, earth and sky! Just drop the damn thing you stupid bird and get to work! It's not too late to get that shark!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Eagle 1 attacks: (1d20+3)[23]
    Eagle 1 damage: (1d4+2)[6]
    Eagle 2 attacks: (1d20+3)[22]
    Eagle 2 damage: (1d4+2)[6]
    (I'm assuming the eagles get one attack each since they each have to move, Also, I think I've been under roling on my eagle attack roles. )
    Edit: And one of them crit!
    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-04-09 at 09:34 PM. Reason: crit happines

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Shaddup drops the pistol and eyes Bodaku menacingly. "Where's my dinner!" the bird squaks. Bodaku recoils slightly as the Shaddup dives for the captain.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

If Shaddup can attack
    (1d20+3)[5]
    [roll]1d4+2][/roll]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

After Ariadne gets her pistol from Shaddup the bird flies up to the captain.

The eagles swarm the mate taking some big gouges out of his flesh. The mate swings wildly at the eagles attacking him.

The captain steps back away from Shaddup, pulls his musket and takes another shot at Olivia.

Show

Will vs misfortune
    (1d20+2)[12] vs dc 15

mate vs eagle (1d2)[1]
    Attack: (1d20+8)[11]
    damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    blind: (1d100)[19]

captain vs olivia
    Attack: (1d20+10)[11] vs touch
    Attack: (1d20+10)[20] (if misfortuned)
    damage: (1d12)[3]

parties turn =>

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

edit (OOC might actually miss this)

Olivia aptly dodges the 2nd shot in her direction, seeing the captain unfazed by her warning she takes her shot
    Called Shot Head -5 on attack roll vs AC
    (1d20+1)[15] Confirm Crit (1d20+1)[2] +
    Damage (1d8+3)[4] if it hits target sickened for 1d4 rounds

edit move action draw cutlass
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-04-14 at 07:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

With a silent prayer that this doesn't end in tears, Bodaku gets a running start and leaps across the railing.

Show

(1d20+1)[13]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne swiftly retrieves her pistol and fires at the captain. The sooner he's down the better, that blinding spell won't last forever on the crew.

Show
    (1d20+3)[22] vs touch AC (1d8)[3]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Olivia's shot flies right past the captain's head. But Ariadne's shot catches him.
    The spider swarm continues to swarm the captain biting him but start to dissipate as he swats them off him.

Then with a running start Bodaku leaps from the fishing ship to the pirate ship, landing near the aft of the ship with Olivia and Araidne as the ships start to drift apart.

One eagle fades out of existence while the other continues to bit and claw at the mate, causing more damage.
    The mate blindly swings back at the eagle, connecting and cutting it deeply. As it recovering from the hit some of the other crew around the mate that weren't blinded managed to catch it with a dagger and it falls to the deck and fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    spider damage
    (1d6)[2]
    poison save
    (1d20+4)[14]
    distraction
    (1d20+4)[18]

*note since I missed the distraction last round I'm doing it this time, this one will apply next if he fails

eagle attack
    (1d20+3)[15]
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d20+3)[6]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d20+3)[19]
    (1d4)[4]

mate attack
    (1d20+8)[17]
    (1d8+3)[4]
    (1d100)[92]
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-04-16 at 11:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

**Round 3 Actions**
    cutlass primary hand, pistol off hand, (pistol should count as a light weapon for attacks with both -4 / -8)

Move action: close distance to Melee the captain, Swing Sword, Fire pistol

Cutlass to hit (1d20-1)[9] : confirm crit (1d20-1)[9] : damage (1d6+1)[3]

Pistol to hit (1d20-2)[18] : confirm crit (1d20-2)[0] : damage (1d8+3)[4]

edit this is what i get for trying to dual wield with out the twf feat tree.. at least the pistol hit him this time
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-04-18 at 02:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Bodaku charges the nearest enemy, saving his remaing spells for healing

attack (1d20+1)[15] damage (1d6+1)[4]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne reloads and fires again.

Show
    (1d20+3)[11] (1d8)[8]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Oliva misses with her sword but catches the captain with her pistol. Bodaku charges in right beside her and swings his club but the captain manages to dodge out of the way.
    As the mate and some of the crew regain site the mate shouts "help the captain, I'll make the caster pay!" as he charges off towards Ariadne, cutting at her with his sword. The crew move up and swarm Olivia and Bodaku. The captain takes a step back as the crew rushes in, takes a moment to reload his pistol and then fires it at Olivia.

Show

crew damage (treating them much like a swarm, but not mindless)
    (1d6)[2] damage to Bodaku
    (1d6)[2] damage to Olivia

captain
    attack
    (1d20+10)[28] vs touch
    damage
    (1d8)[3]

Mate
    attack
    (1d20+10)[25] vs standard AC (includes charge, -2 to his AC due to charge also)
    damage
    (1d8+3)[6]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Since we seem to have forgotten about the psychotic birds, they will continue to assault whoever is more wounded (the captain I think).

Show

Eagle
    (1d20+3)[12]
    (1d4+1)[5]
    Shaddup
    (1d20+2)[13]
    (1d4)[1]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

**Round 4 Actions**
    cutlass primary hand, pistol off hand, (pistol should count as a light weapon for attacks with both -4 / -8)

Move action: close distance to Flank (+2 to hit) & Melee the captain, Swing Sword, Fire pistol

Cutlass to hit (1d20+1)[12] : confirm crit (1d20+1)[16] : damage (1d6+1)[3]

Pistol to hit (1d20)[8] : confirm crit (1d20)[19] : damage (1d8+3)[6]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Bodaku puts his hand on Olivia's shoulder and focuses. The power of life itself flows through him. While he focuses on the living, his feathered companions focus on death.

Show

(1d8+3)[6]
    Bird attacks
    Eagle:
    Bite (1d20+3)[16] (1d4+1)[4]
    Claw (1d20+3)[19] (1d4+1)[3]
    Claw (1d20+3)[13] (1d4+1)[3]
    Shaddup
    Bite (1d20+2)[12] (1d4)[4]
    Claw (1d20+2)[4] (1d4)[2]
    Claw (1d20+2)[8] (1d4)[1]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne shifts away from the blade and casts another spell, at the captain again. Her shriek is soundless to all but her target as it threatens to shatter his eardrums.

Show
    Where is the fire support from the fishermen crew? I was hoping they would at least down a good portion of the pirate crew before that glitterdust wore off.

Taking a 5' step out of reach before casting. Down to only one spell after this one, and its not very good. But anywho. Ear Piercing Scream on the captain. DC 15 Fort save. success means half of (1d6)[1] damage. Failure means that full damage plus being dazed for one round.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-04-24 at 05:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

The eagle catches the captain with a claw, ripping into his arm. Shaddup doesn't get past his armor. Olivia doesn't have the hang of fighting with mixed weapons yet and misses both of her attacks.
    The captain flinches in pain as the witch's scream fills his head, disoriented but still standing, but looking very ragged and cut up.

The crew continues swarming around Bodaku and Olivia, no one of them able to strike a telling blow but too many to dodge them all and both take some hits.
    The mate again steps up and swings at Ariadne. While looking like a seasoned fighter and used to fighting, he's also looking very wounded.

Show

Robel's crew was almost entirely melee weapons, so without boarding there isn't too much they can do. Robel and Lita both had ranged weapons and one of the foreman did too. Robel is mostly occupied steering the ship though.

Captain is dazed

The enemy crew are going to be a lot easier to demoralize than regular NPCs, you suspect they're not going to fight to the death. Also not sure if I made clear, they're not going to get AOOs.

crews damage vs
    Bodaku (1d6)[4]
    Olivia (1d6)[4]

Mates attack vs Ariadne
    attack (1d20+8)[16]
    damage (1d8+3)[4]

party's turn
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-04-26 at 02:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

**Round 5 Actions**
    Move action: put pistol in waistband
    attacking captain
    2 handed Cutlass to hit (1d20+3)[14] : confirm crit (1d20+3)[22] : damage (1d6+2)[5] -edit: not sure if there is a flank bonus to be granted from previous so not applied
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-04-26 at 06:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"This would be so much easier if you just surrendered!" Bodaku muscles through to attack the captain as the birds continue their assault

Show

Bodaku's attack (1d20+1)[9] Bodaku's damage(1d8-1)[4]
    Eagle's bite attack (1d20+3)[14] Eagle's bite damage (1d4+1)[3]
    Eagle's claw attack (1d20+3)[12] Eagle's claw damage (1d4+1)[2]
    Eagle's claw attack (1d20+3)[18] Eagle's claw damage (1d4+1)[4]
    Shaddup's bite attack (1d20+2)[4] Shaddup's bite damage (1d4)[4]
    Shaddup's claw attack (1d20+2)[9] Shaddup's claw damage (1d4)[2]
    Shaddup's claw attack (1d20+2)[20] Shaddup's claw damage (1d4)[2]

Jesus christ why did I build a summoner class

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

The captain dodges out of Olivia's attack but the eagle and Shaddup sink their claws into him and he collapses unconscious to the ground.

Show
    Still in the same turn, just letting you know the captain is down. Ariadne still has her turn before the mate and crew.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne barely ducks under the mate's weapon. Rather than risk another hit, she lets go of the ship's railing and floats in place, letting the vessel move off on its circular course as she reloads her pistol and fires again, at the Mate this time. Hopefully the fishermen's vessel will pick her up in a moment, if not the pirate ship should pass by here again shortly.

Show
    (1d20+3)[20] vs touch AC (1d8)[5]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Ariadne's shot catches the mate solidly and he drops to the deck. The crew looks momentarily unsure of what to do, with looks between anger, fear, uncertainty, relief across the various members still standing. Shaddup is still latched onto the captain's arm on the deck and the eagle fades away. You feel you have mere moments before the crew process what's happened and start to do something.

Ariadne hovers over the water as the ship drifts away. With a moment to look around you see Robel's ship is still close by and you can see them scrambling around the rear of the ship around the jollyboat.

Spoiler: just a roll
    Show

(1d20)[18]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Olivia seeing both the captain and mate drop moves quickly to the captain, hoisting his body up, from behind him, placing her blades sharp edge across his throat. (to the pirate crew) Drop your weapons!
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-04-28 at 07:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Olivia seeing both the captain and mate drop moves quickly to the captain, hoisting his body up, from behind him, placing her blades sharp edge across his throat. (to the pirate crew) Drop your weapons!

"Or I swear I will eat your livers!"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ariadne slides a little further up into the air, calling out, "You had best listen to them while I am still in a forgiving mood. Perhaps you would care to see more of those spiders?"

Show
    Attempting an intimidate check. Its not really my forte, but its better than nothing, (1d20+4)[16]