New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

Spoiler: Daniel
    Show
    The man eats another donut as he waves his hand.

"Yea yea, hell want to do that once they decide to wake up Deputy McCarthy."

He spins the box around, offering Morgan a Delicious smelling donut, its scent calling to him.

"Lets get started"

Spoiler: Dave
    Show

"Oh, Older Gentlemen in a uniform was passing them out" Said the Father.

The Detective looks at the box.

"Delarosa's Delicatessens. They are damn deliscious, try one revrend."

Spoiler: Mike
    Show
    George considers what Mike said and frowned.

"None of that is good. So... We need to get to Maria, You up for the challange of stealthing through an armed police station to find one woman, get her awake, geared up, get guns, and get ready for the onslaught that is coming?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: George
    Show
    "Gee, you make it sound so easy," Raymond replied sarcastically, "But what other choice do we have? Hope that adding escape to the list of charges we're facing won't sway a jury...aww who am I kidding? Guess jail will be better than dead. Let's go."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Morgan raises an eyebrow. "Wait, Deputy? Since I've gotten in here, you've called her Officer, Detective, and Deputy. We're talking about the same person, right? Maria McCarthy, pale chick, yay tall, Irish lineage and temper?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    The Reverend was hesitant. "Are they glutten-free?" He stalled.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Mike
    Show
    George nods to ray and opens the door quietly. He looks down the hall. He looks in the other direction and motions for ray to follow him. They move several doors down. George opens a door slightly and hums a short lulliby and tosses his hand into the doorway.

Spoiler: Daniel
    Show
    The man frowns.

"Ive known her a bit of her career. I sometimes use them interchangably as Im thinking about different times... back when I first saw her join the force... back when she made a name for herself during superstorm sandy... that was a tough storm... she showed some real... courage then... but she didnt come out of that storm the same. Shes on light duty. Its why shes in her current department, and assigned a rescue to help with her recovery."

The door behind him opens ever so gently as he begins talking as a few fingers are seen by Morgan

"Now about this..."

And with a thud the mans head hits the table.

Spoiler: Mike and Daniel
    Show
    George and ray enter Morgans room, his interveiwer asleep on the table.

"Alright Morgan... some sh-t is going down, when need time to get to the reverend and find the dead cop."

Show
    "No... I dont think so. Do you have an allergy?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #696

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: George and Morgan
    Show
    As they entered the room with Morgan in it, the officer asleep he gave Morgan a glare, "They'll be here soon. You've mixed a lot of innocents in this mess and I won't forget that but we have to move fast."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Mike and George
    Show
    Morgan smiles as the cop collapsed, then laughs at Ray's accusation. "You're welcome to go back to fighting the hounds on your own, if it pleases you. Me, I prefer living." Morgan gestures to the box of doughnuts on the table. "More importantly, Delarosa's here running interference. We need Maria awake. The cops need to be ready for what's coming. Let's grab the Reverend and find her, if we're not doing this their way."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    The Reverend nodded. "Yeah, I'll have to pass just to be safe. Thanks though." Jonathan shook his handcuffs. "Does this clear everything up? May I be released?" He asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show

George nods to both Raymond and Morgan.

"She is coming if her donuts are here. From here We need to get to Johnathan, and from there we can get to Maria... I have an idea where she is, but it seems that they havent woken her up like they originally intended, that is disconcerning."

He looks between them.

"Do either of you have any info that we can use before we move on."

Show
    The man eats another donut and considers the revrend and then considers the Father.

"Im guessing youd like to see McCarthy then?"
    Festival of Heroes:

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: George and Ray
    Show
    Morgan scrunches his eyebrows. "She's somewhere nearby. My bet is that she's working the system to get us thrown in the cells so the hounds can kill us there. She won't risk an attack in this crowded space if she can help it. Also this guy mentioned something about 'when they decide to wake her up'. Dunno what the hesitation is...might be Delarosa's influence. I was planning to talk our way through, but now that you guys are out, let's do this quick and quiet."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    Jonathan nodded. "I was really worried about her. I thought we lost her for a while there." He explained.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

12. - Top - End - #702

RedWizardGuy

Show
    "Well it seems Delarosa is coming personally, and implied that she's studied all of us. That's the only newish information I got while locked up."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: George and Ray
    Show
    Morgan tilts his head. "Did you talk to her personally? Remember, so far as we know, she can't attack us until we attack her! But she might be able to get others to do it for her."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

14. - Top - End - #704

RedWizardGuy

Show
    "My 'partner' and her had a one-on-one talk, so I'm pretty confident that she's coming. Besides with all these police here, someone may have a nervous trigger and shoot first..."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    George sighes hearing that Delarosa is in the building, making things more complicated.

"She is probably disguised, otherwise shed get stopped and questioned. "

He looks between the two and motions for them to follow. As they head down the hall a Catholic Father steps out of a room and turns toward them. He stops suddenly and considers them and holds up his hands.

"My friends, this way, let us talk"

and he walks back into the room he has just exited.

Show
    The father smiled as he got up and opened the door.

"lets take you to your..."

he pauses outside the door and speaks to unseen forces.

"My friends, this way, let us talk"

He then comes back into the room and looks to the officer.

"We are about to have some unexpected guests, please have the faith they are here to help, and not harm."

The man slowly nods his head and looks to the door waiting.
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Hallway
    Show
    Morgan peers at the man, then puts a thumbs up in front of Ray and George. He follows the man silently into the room.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #707

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Hallway
    Show
    Raymond shrugs and follow after Morgan and the mysterious priest, "You know this guy?"
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-04-21 at 08:33 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Morgan, Ray, and George walk in, they see Johnathan sitting at a table with an Officer, a box of donuts between them, the father standing to the side. The Father speaks.

"The Lord in his wisdom has led you here at this moment in a time of crisis, The Revrend here has been kind enough to fill us in on what has been happening. "

He stops for a moment to clean some crumbs from the corner of his mouth.

"I believe getting to Maria McCarthy is our next step, She should be awake now right?"

George speaks up.

"She is still asleep, The department has failed to awaken her.... I suspect foul play, and acredit it to Delarosa. She is in the building, and handing out.... drugged Donuts. "

The Father and the Officer's eyes go wide and look to the box.

"The effects are not lethal... and should pass from your system in an day... you may just be more... open to suggestion... not unlike a truth syrum..."

The two men looked back and forth and shuddered before the officer spoke.

"Anything else we need to know? Drugs in the Deptartment, Killer Hounds on the way?"
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #709

RedWizardGuy

"As far as I know, the Hounds and Delarosa are only interested in our little group. Anyone else that doesn't mess with them will not be harmed unless they attack first. So you two, unless you already fought against them, should be safe from their wrath," Raymond offered.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Whew." The Reverend sighed in relief. He looked to the Officer and Father. "Okay, glad to see you are in your right minds. I'm not really gluten intolerate, but I have had the laced donuts before. Sorry for that deception, but I am feeling good about this situation now."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan nods at George's summary. "Maria's plan was to seek aid from her fellow officers before the next attack. It...didn't go well. The hounds reached her first." Morgan grins. "But I fixed it, and helped carry her plan through. That's why the crime scene was so strange. It may be a good thing you're here, Father, as she may need...spiritual counseling after her ordeal. In any case, I suspect Delarosa is holding back the next round until the circumstances are more in her favor. She only has until sunrise to kill us. What time is it?" Morgan asks, looking around for a clock.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Robert
    Show
    You've been going through an ordeal... after being torn apart. For months you walked along a dark landscape of black volcanic rock, following a river of screaming souls. You came across a dock. You felt strange you were not hungry after so long. There seemed to be a disconnect between your memories of being torn apart and how you got where you were... how you were walking, as you sat at the dock waiting a man in shrouds appeared before you, dark coals of red for eyes. He extends his hand out... you know he wants payment. You know you dont have anything to offer. He grabs you up holding you off your feet and walks you to the end of the dock. You can feel his grip loosening... he is about to toss you into the river of screamin souls when he stops. He turns and with you sets you back down on the dock. You see a familiar figure... a woman... the woman from the Feast before the hunt. Dressed half in White. Half in Black. A half mask hiding her black side.

"It looks like child... that someone values you. Not a particularly... graceful death... but you won me so much this evening, I dont mind... Morgan's request. Return Maria McCarthy.... Return to the world of the living, as you left it."

As her last words come forth there is a resounding slam as the scene of your death replays... the retreat, the firing of the shotgun, the hound has you in its maw... its teeth sinking into your flesh, the other hound gets your leg... they are pulling you apart like a wishbone. the pain is unbearable, you scream out in unrelenting pain as you wake up.

The Father nodded as he looked to the Officer.

"We should go then."

The Officer Nodded and stood up, Pulling a radio from his hip he speaks into the box.

"Attention Department, the Donuts just delivered are foul, please do not eat them for risk of health issues." but as the radio squawks, it cuts out after he says donuts, the echo through the station cuts along the same lines. The Officer Curses as he looks among the group.

"Lets get to Maria. "

The Officer leads the group through the department, more and more you find men eating Donuts from the delacatessen. The Officer Barks orders outload about the tainted donuts as they men spit up whats in the mouth.

"Get ready for an armed assault on the station boys, we may have Mobsters coming to make a hit."

The men looked to each other confused for half a moment before moving with hurried determination. The group comes to Maria, still on a gurney, two paramedics, laying there, passed out on the floor. The Officer Curses, reaching over to a cabinent he pulls out a vial and pops the cork under Maria's nose. Her eyes slam open as she deeply inhales, and uncontrollably struggles against the restraints of the Gurney holding her down, She screams in terror for a moment before going quiet looking around at her new surroundings.
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground

After Maria's screamed and looked around confused as to why she couldn't move, she spoke. "OWW... well that was an experience I never wanna have again before my time is up..." She blinked a few times seeing those around here. "So... where am I now... last thing I remember I was face to face with a very big dog... or two... using me a chew toy..." Maria said with a dead serious tone.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

As Maria begins screaming, Morgan's eyes glass over. He seems to stare at nothing for a few seconds, then he shakes his head and smiles slightly. Morgan moves into Maria's line of sight as she speaks. "Well let's see. We fought off the hounds, I brought you back from the dead, we got arrested for your not-murder, Delarosa infiltrated the police station and fed half the force magic doughnuts while also incapacitating the MTs who were supposed to wake you up, so we left questioning to come here and wake you up. Now the station is preparing for an assault from the hounds, and we need you up and about so they know what they're up against."

Morgan catches a breath, then continues crisply, "I paid your toll, Officer. Are you ready to resume your duties?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

25. - Top - End - #715

"...Five more minutes, I just woke up..." Maria said half joking. Afterward something Morgan said clicked in her head... "Fantastic, so half of the people here may just turn on us... We have to plan for yet another attack... and I'm still strapped down..." Maria said with more then a little bit of annoyance in her voice. "Well let's get the easier task done first... Unstrap me so that we can figure out what we can do bout the other two."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

26. - Top - End - #716

RedWizardGuy

"Right, that would help, wouldn't it," Raymond joked as he freed Maria from the restraints, "We should get geared up, if that works for you. We're already in trouble anyway."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Oh thank the Lord... and Hel." Jonathan said in relief.

Once Maria was back up, he looked around to the others. "So... can we get our guns back or am I going to have to cast cantrips this fight?" He asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

28. - Top - End - #718

"Thank you Raymond." Maria said sitting up, then standing up. "Now I know what Airam's chew toys feels like..." Maria said, sighing at the end, stretching to work out any kinks.

Maria looks over at the Officer, "Return these guy's weapons. Take all weapons from those who's eaten any of Delarosa's donuts, and confined them to a single location and get several armed, unaffected, officers to guard them. We don't want to be caught in between two forces who's gunning for us. Next get all unaffected officers suited up and armed, her goons are not going to be easy to take down as these four can attest too. Lastly set up a somewhere where we can defend... and don't think walls will hold them back, you should see the safehouse we went to first." Maria said. Then as an after thought spoke up once more, "We also need to know what time sunrise is, as soon as the sunlight hits this place the threat, for the most part, will be over." Maria looked up at the clock to see what time it was.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Commanding Officer looks to Jaylyn with a frown.

"Not a Single cop on shift didnt have coffee and donuts, I appreciate your advice McCarthy, welcome back to.... the living world, I suppose. But Im still in charge here. The weapons locker is open to your... friends for the defense of the Precinct. Grab some gear, You can call it a loan to the Church on Good Faith."

HE gives a wink to the Father and Reverend.

"Now, I only have a dozen or so men to set up a front line defense for... some hell hounds. Never thought Id say that. Heaven save us all. "

He gives a general point to the clock on the wall that says its nearly 3 Am.

The Group is able to move to the Weapons locker. Maria Retrieves her Riot Armor, with 20 Additional Shot Gun Shells. Johnathan gets a Shotgun with 20 Shells. Raymond gets a Shotgun with 20 Shells, and a Body Armor Vest, Morgan Gets a Body Armor Vest and spots something special in the back. He pulls out the Precincts only Barret 50 Caliber Sniper Rifle with 20 Rounds. George pulls a Shotgun with 20 Shells.

In the Distance the Sounds of Howls can be heard. (Everyone may take the effects of a Short Rest)
    The sensation of fear can be felt amongst the group, the Hunters are closing in again.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan grins widely at the beautiful weapon he finds. "Oh this is niiiice," he purrs. "I should head up to the roof and see what use we can make of this."

Morgan turns to the Sergeant. "Which reminds me. Sir, can we have some walkies or communications equipment? George and I can head to the roof and get a count of what we're up against, then report back to you. The hounds will only be interested in the five of us this time. Until your men start attacking them, the hounds will do whatever they can to bypass and reach us. We could leave a hole in the perimeter somewhere 'by accident', use it to lure them in. I should also warn you they're strong enough to bust through some walls. George, how many more of those big blasts are you still packing?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn