New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

"Sorry, I'm assuming the kids are the hounds." The Reverend interjected.

"Yes, the donuts were enchanted. Boss Maw told us. Sorry, that detail got lost in the shuffle." He replied.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan rolls his eyes silently at Maria, then nods at Blackthorn. "Yeah, the thought that the doughnuts marked targets was one that occurred to me. It could have made us unable to resist being called upon in the ritual that starts this whole thing, or just make us smell funny. I, however, was pulled in specifically by Delarosa. She came forward voluntarily offering details about the abduction. Our entire side trip to Boss Maw was based on her testimony, which proved to be a distraction while she hired somebody to drive her and the kids to Central Park. I doubt she will expect a police office to be here, as she claimed the police wouldn't listen." Morgan grunts. "Well, unless that was a lie as well. Who can be sure at this point? But we all heard the howl, so we're all marked. And people, don't wolves howl when they're beginning a hunt? They don't howl when they're trying to avoid being hunted, do they? I think it's highly likely we're the prey."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Only problem with that is I never touched those donuts but I did hear the howling. So did they use something else to mark us? Or am I somehow Scott free? I don't think I am though." Raymond replied.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I need to get my rifle. Let's meet back at the shop and prepare for battle." Reverend Blackthorn said as he walked to the orphanage.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

5. - Top - End - #275

RedWizardGuy

"Alright then, see everyone there," Raymond replied, "Man I was just getting comfortable too," he complained as he got up to find his shoes before heading out to his store.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

As others got off the phone, Morgan said, "Maria, do you want to investigate the car in the parking deck? Might provide some actual evidence for your case."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maria nodded, "Yea give me any information you can bout the car..." she paused briefly. "also give me the best description of Delarosa. I'm going to go on step farther, I'm going to get the parking deck surveillance footage. Not only will that help when it come time to make arrests, but it could give us a lead to go on as to the location of the kids... assuming they are still kids." Maria said pausing at the end, her tone shifting from excited to sad.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan nods and says, "Well we didn't end up asking what the car looked like, but I remember her. She was...she was...well she was short. And she had this pad with papers on it, which I thought was kinda funny. And uh...oh damn, my brain's doing that weird fuzzy thing. She was blonde! Yes. Fairly attractive blonde. And she had glasses. Shiit. Sorry, she must have magicked up my brain. That's the best I've got."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reverend Blackthorn went to the orphanage and assured the Sisters there and ask they pray for success. He called for an Uber to take him to Father MacArthur's. He filled in the Father, asjed him to pray, and retrieved a long back hardshelled case. Then, he took his Uber back to Ray's shop.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

10. - Top - End - #280

Maria just sighed, "That information isn't enough to go off of. But it's alright I figure if we're the ones being hunted there's safety in numbers. Let me get my gear and me and Airam will meet you all at the shop. Be safe out there." Maria said hanging up the phone.

Maria grabbed her pistol, and billy club. Put Airam on her leach and headed out of her apartment for the shop.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

11. - Top - End - #281

RedWizardGuy

After hanging up on the phone, Raymond grudgingly put his shoes back on and headed back to his store, keeping an ear out for howling. When he arrived he unlocked the door and immediately closed it behind him. He went to retrieve his rifle from the underside of his counter. He keeps it here rather than carries it back and forth to and from work as it's easier to avoid suspicion this way. Besides he carries his knives which are easier to conceal and usually good enough to handle most trouble in the city. He patiently waited for his friends to arrive.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

With everyone gone, Morgan goes, "All right then," and hangs up the phone. He starts up his truck and chugs back to his office.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Daniel
    Show
    As you enter your office you find an envelope has been slipped under your door. You find a note and $150 dollars inside.

Good luck on your first day of work Inspector, I hope your day was productive. It seems someone may have been paid to throw something at my shops window. I've closed shop for a few days and will be out of touch. Here's your next days pay, keep up the good work. May you find the children with expiditious energy.

-delarosa
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-01-09 at 09:42 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: In the office
    Show
    Morgan leans down and picks up the note. He pockets the money in his wallet and reads the note. He chuckles once. "Yeah lady, that's the plan," he says to the air. Morgan grabs a soda from his mini-fridge, then moves to his desk. He removes the rapier hanging from the wall and draws the blade, making sure it is cleaned and sharpened. He practices a few thrusts in his office while thinking through the meaning of the note received. Then he once again sheathes the blade. "Question is, do you think I'm a hunter or prey? Which role are you intending for us to fill for you? Well, I'm not just another human, and I'm nobody's dupe." He leaves to join the others at Ray's shop.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Everyone is able to grab their individual supplies, grab snacks and meet up back at the arranged meeting spot.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan Thomas strides into Ray's shop carrying a rapier at his left side. "So, glad we're all here for safety. Have we got anything here we can use to research the Wild Hunt? We need more specifics on how it works."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #287

RedWizardGuy

"Glad everyone made it safely. So, researching the Wild Hunt. Let's see what I have here..." Raymond started to search through the books available in his store.

Spoiler: investigation, history, religion, or arcana (all have same bonus, so whichever applies)
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reverend Blackthorn set his case on an empty table and opened it to reveal a rifle. He began to inspect the weapon to make sure it was ready for use. "I do have a permit if you would like to check, Officer." The Reverend smiled.

After that, he scanned the books in the shop to do his own research on the Wild Hunt.

Arcana Knowledge
    (1d20+4)[7]

Research Time: (1d4)[4]
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

19. - Top - End - #289

Maria assisted the other in the research, only stopping briefly to look up at the Reverend and chuckled "Actually yes I'll want to check it... if nothing else to make sure that everything is in order. The same goes for the rest of you who wishes to use firearms." She said going back to her research.

After some time she slammed the table with her hands standing up quickly, startling Airam who'd been napping. "Oh OH!!! holy Crapbaskets, if we go with the idea that we're the targets in this hunt. I may have figured out the way they got us marked as prey. We interfered with the hunt by attempting to stop whomever's behind this from getting the children, thus marking each of us as the prey. It's the only thing that makes sense in this case. Any thoughts or objections to this line of reasoning?" she said, then asked looking at each person.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria's Phone dings with a Text.

Spoiler: Text message for Maria
    Show
    "Message from precinct: Lady called in. Says she has info on Orphan Case. She will try to call your desk in the morning. She left a contact number ((Number listed)) Ms... Delarosa."
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #291

hearing her phone ding, Maria takes it out of her pocket and looks at it. Bemusement creeps across her face. "Morgan, not to change the subject," Maria said bemusement changed to seriousness. She pulled a notebook out of her purse, sitting back down. "I need to know as much as you can tell me bout the encounter you had with Delarosa. The text was from the Precinct, apparently Ms. Delarosa has some 'information' on the orphan case."

Maria quickly grabbed her phone again and began texting real fast.

Spoiler: reply to text
    Show
    'when did this call come in?"

Maria put her phone down and grabbed her pen and notebook. "This is too convenient, I'm more worried now then ever."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria's phone dinged with a text message

Spoiler: Marias Text Message
    Show
    "unsure, it came at a shift change, and we just found the note left here, there isnt a time, just saying they asked for the officer working the case, we told em it was you and gave them your number, and we took thier number. Sorry, could have been hours ago"
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan looks up with a start, then his eyes narrow. "Is she there right now or did she drop by earlier in the day?!?" Morgan asks warily.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #294

Maria shook her head, "Neither, the message says she called in, asking for the officer in charge of the case and was givin my name and number, she suppose to call my desk in the morning...damn!" Maria said realizing what she said as read the second text. "If we're to assume Delarosa is the instigator behind this hunt, and all you need are names to become marked in this hunt... I may have just been added..."
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2019-01-09 at 09:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The private investigator nods knowingly. "I think we have pretty clear evidence for that at this point. She was taken to Central Park with the children and she has both of our names. I don't get the feeling that she would have used the kids as human sacrifices, so I can't help thinking they've been turned into the Hounds. But we still don't know for sure yet. For all we know, we are gonna end up being the hunters and something else entirely might be the prey. I feel like our priority remains the same. We need to search Central Park for a place where Delarosa could have done- or is doing- the needed rituals. I know we lack info, but we should at least try to check that parking deck to see if her car is still there. We could always question her neighbors as to what her car looks like."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Morgan, Rays, and Maria's phones do a special weather alert Buzz.

*Public Service Announcement. Incliment Weather Warning. A Winter Storm is sweeping in, bringing snow, sleet and ice. Seek Shelter soon.*
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #297

Maria nodded,"I agree we need more information and I feel I might be able to get it." Maria said, "I could always ask Delarosa to come in to make an official statement. Once I get a picture of her, grab the security footage from the parking deck and see if I can spot..." Maria paused as her phone buzzed a warning causing her to look at it again. "Well that's fan-freaking-tastic, a bad storm coming in and me without my PJ's" she said with a sly smile. "Sorry I left those in my other purse." Maria let out a little giggle before coughing getting herself serious again. "where was I... OH yea... If I can spot her and her car, I'll be able to track her movement's using the camera systems. It will be faster then going on foot and with this storm coming in. there's no way I'm doing any searching tonight."

28. - Top - End - #298

RedWizardGuy

"Well perfect...this weather is EXACTLY the kind that I think the Wild Hunt thrives on. What do you say everyone, feel like weathering it here as a group or try to head to the park, or go back home?" Raymond asked everyone as the weather alert came in.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan looks down at the alert, then yawns involuntarily. "Look, we can't investigate or fight the Wild Hunt or whatever we're supposed to do in a blizzard, or while tired. We need to rest, but we also need to be careful. We don't know exactly when in the next few days the hunt will be ready. I suggest that until Yule, Maria and I not be left alone. Ray, you got any spare beds? And how's your security? I suggest we pick whoever's place is most secure and set up defenses there- just in case. Surely there's some kinda magic that can wake us up if there's an intruder or something."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend absorbed the flow of information and processed it. "Damn, we are hot on a trail and things are try to cool us down." He sighed.

He walked a short pace. "If we are to hole up somewhere, we need to stay at someone's home. The hearth of a home is an effective barrier against fae. My home is upstate, so too far away. Apartments will do, but they are not as strong. Magic can be classist sometimes."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-01-10 at 08:37 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes