New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

Once Morgan and the Reverend go out the door Maria walks over to the door. "When you two finish with him you may come back in." she says looking at Morgan and the Reverend, her gaze shifts back to George. "And you can go back to where ever it you came from." And then she simply closed the door.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

George rolled his eye.

"Constables. Finicky bas-tards the lot of them."

He shuffles under his cloak and eyes the two who've come out, the sound of howling on the wind.

"Yea. I've heard the howls. Every wizard in the damn city can hear the damned howls. I'm on high alert trying to figure out what's going on. "

He sighs as his hot breath comes out as a cloud.

"Winter court is up to something. Probably a wild hunt, with your missing kids tied up in it I'd wadger. Now, who are you. Not a wizard."

Georges eye focuses on Morgan.

"Constable said detective. Your not with her are you. Cause you can march on back inside if that's the case. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan assesses, then lets his smile drop. He puts on his business face, adjusts his trenchcoat, and leans back against the wall. He reaches into his wallet and pulls out a card, then hands it to the wizard. "Morgan Thomas, private investigator. The Officer and I are...acquainted, but no, we don't normally work together. And unlike her, I know how to be polite." Morgan gives the man a few seconds to digest, then continues, "Now I'm gonna tell you why you wanna keep us Muggles in the loop. One, we both already knew about this...side of the world...before this came around. Albeit less than we would have liked, apparently. Two, she and I can hear the howls too. Three, our suspect for who kicked this hunt off came to me personally and hired me to track down the kids. We're part of her agenda, and we've been pulled in already. Last night I dreamt about running- nothing but running- which I've been told means I'm part of this. But we don't know which role we've been put in. That's why we're hiding out here, so we can try to get our bearings."

Morgan appraises the man again. "You seem to have a solid head on your shoulders, and you want this sh-it over with too. Most of all, I think we can all agree the safety of the children is paramount. I'd appreciate it if you could give us a hand."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

George watches and assesses morgan for a few moments.

"Alright kid, you got your chance to show your worth. "

He looks back to the Revrend.

"You pick a specific type to associate with dont you."

He inhales before blowing out another cloud of breath.

"Alright, let me hear your side, and ill fill in the holes, Ive a feeling Im about to take you tw---.... Three on a trip to the winter court and try and break this thing off."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: Daniel and DM
    Show
    "Detective Thomas' sharp eyes and wit have been an asset. So I vouch for him." The Reverend cleared his throat. "The Officer and I are got involved through the church. She being assigned the case and me being calling in by the Church. We each met up at the scene of the crime where three orphans were snatched off the street by a claw coming out of monstrously custom designed car. The detective's client sent us on a wild goose chase and a tense but pleasant conversation with a troll mob boss, Boss Maw. He did set us on Delarosa's trail. She literally closed shop and disappeared while we were interviewing Boss Maw. We have a charmed witness that places the children with her." He explained. The Reverend looked to Thomas. "Anything to add?"
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-01-16 at 10:32 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: And then I said
    Show
    Morgan nods at the brief summary. "A lot of little things, but that's the gist. Delarosa hired me to find the kids. She claimed Maw was extorting money from her, but her daughter is Maw's personal companion and she disapproves of the relationship. Also Delarosa can cook these enchanted doughnuts that make you vulnerable to fae magic. She left me a note and pay last night at my office. From the tone, I think she wants us to try and find the kids, but doesn't think we'll be able to manage it. She called Maria's precinct and asked for the officer in charge of investigating the kidnapping to get her name. Then we started hearing the howling, and the storm started up. That was early last night. Witness we found said he drove the kids and Delarosa to Central Park and dropped them off." The private investigator stops, thinks, shivers, then says, "Oh, and I owe Maw a minor favor. Price we had to pay for info. Just a thing."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

George nods and frowns.

"That checks out. So. Winter court is stirring up. Fae and gathering up for Yule, they werent planning a Yule until recently someone, a Hag, probably your delarosa, put out the word they were going to bring in new hounds for the hunt. That can up her status if they are good hounds. Seeing as she is a Hag... and her daughter is with a Troll... that status change might be enough for her to do something about that relationship through the court. Trolls are slightly above Hags, but with status changes, anything can happen. "

He looks out into the weather.

"We can go through the Nether, get to the court, hopefully in time to talk with the court. Hell, the storm might just be the excess energy from the winter court gathering. Either way. We need to move. You all are witnesses, Fae deal in truths, Favors and... deals. Im gonna have you three come with me. Were gonna try to get the Winter princess to help. If the children were ill gotten, we might be able to thwart the stop of the ritual to start the hunt. "

He looks between the two.

"Questions. Concerns? Additions?"
    Festival of Heroes:

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan thinks for a moment, then says, "Yeah, I got a question, and an addition. What are the kids for? Are they hounds, or bait for us to be hounds? And addition- Maw might help. He doesn't want to get undercut."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

George ran his hand through his beard.

"Hard to tell. If she asked for the constibles name, I would GUESS that she is gonna be prey. But dont assume that going in. "

He looks through the front bay window into the living room for a moment before looking back to the two outside.

"Im not gonna lie... Im not against that at this exact moment."
    Festival of Heroes:

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan scoffs and says, "Yeah, well, she's got MY name too, so we gotta figure this thing out. You good, Blackthorn?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Blackthorn nodded. "Yeah, I think so. I haven't dealt with her personally but I did eat one of her doughnuts. Anyway, we can move on then. We probably shouldn't take our guns if we are going to meet with the Winter Court."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

George gruffs at Johnathans comment about the guns.

"Bring em, we dont know which way this will go. Just dont go brandishing them or holding them in peoples faces. We are leaving this world and going to the realm of the fae. And dont leave anything behind. Go get what you need."
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan strolls back into the house. "So Mister Wizard out here has tickets for us to get to the Winter Court and maybe shut down this whole Hunt thing," Morgan says loudly, making sure his voice echoes throughout the house. "We're rolling out here in a minute to handle it! If you want to save the kids, get your sh-it, let's go, and be on your best behavior. Otherwise we're leaving you here and we'll handle it ourselves. Pointing a gun in the face of a fae could get us all killed, or worse, LECTURED."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend nodded to George and went back inside. "I can't imagine us shooting our way out of the Winter Court, but okay." He said has he tucked his rifle under the back of his overcoat. He pulled out a necklace from under his collar with a small sliver cross and a sliver pentagram on the same chain.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

15. - Top - End - #345

"Yea yea, I'm coming..." Maria said coming from her bed room fully dressed in casual wear, her club and pistol strapped to her side. Maria walked over to a table and grabbed Airam's leash, and connected it to her dog. She looked over at Morgan, "Hey as long as no Fae magically pops up at my front door demanding things I won't point my gun at them." Maria said, then she got her trench-coat, hat, and boots on waiting.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan raises an eyebrow at Maria. "Are...are you taking your dog out into a blizzard...into the Fae Realm???" he asks skeptically.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #347

"I'm NOT bout to head into a blizzard on my own... and yea yea, I know you all are going to be around but it's not the same." Maria said. "As for bringing Airam, why not. This is a golden opportunity for her to get familiar with fae. I'm not about to pass of a chance of a lifetime."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Raymond sighs and heads back to the living room muttering to himself, "Try to avoid these guys like the plague and fate still gets me mixed up with them." When he was in view, he sighed, "Alright I'm coming too. I've come this far with this mess and I'm going to see it through."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Seeing Ray's stance, Morgan walks up and puts a hand on his shoulder. "You all right? I don't know what your deal is, but nobody's making you help out. You wanna bail, that's your right, but we could use you."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

20. - Top - End - #350

"I agree with Morgan..." Maria pauses as if to say something more but simply shakes her head and continues. "...If you wish to not come along, you can stay at my place until we figure this out. However like I said earlier, this is a golden opportunity to get Airam familiar with the Fae and if it gets the children back it's a win-win in my book, so I'm going to do it." Maria turns and heads outside with Airam walking beside her.

21. - Top - End - #351

RedWizardGuy

"It's nothing against you guys or the idea of saving the kids. It's the gentleman in white. As I explained to the good Reverend, his type and mine have an... apprehension about each other. But since this is the way we need to go to finish the job, I'll deal with it. As long as he leaves me alone I'll do the same." Ray replied. "I do appreciate the offer Maria, but as Morgan said, you might need my help
    Plus I want to see this thing through."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-01-17 at 09:44 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan steps outside just in front of Ray, then gestures to him. "This is Raymond. He's a consultant of ours, and he's coming along." Morgan holds up a finger to the gentlemen from the White Council. "He's already involved, and I'm afraid his presence is non-negotiable. I'm sorry," he says firmly but politely.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend, joining the others, nodded. "I can vouch for him too."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man stood outside as the... three no four of them came outside. He eyeballs the cop bringing the... dog with her, it would certainly be an issue if they have to deal with the snow.

"Raymond..."

He watches Raymond come out with interest before there is a spark of recognition as his eye narrows. His murky eye begins to glow with arcane energy for a few moments before fading.

"You."

He looks back to Morgan, looking to be out of patience.

"And with that you've expended what you earned earlier. He can come, but... Ill be keeping my bad eye on him. "

He turns as he pulls out a Wooden Rod from his belt, He raised the Cudgel and spins it in front of the porch as an opening appears mid air, bits of metamorphic goo spill out from the opening as substance from the other side spill out into the real world. There is a smell of flowers and springtime that comes from the otherside. He steps through, and visible waits on the other-side for everyone to step through. Once everyone steps through he speaks up.

"Dont wander off, dont pick anything. dont eat anything. "

He leads them through the feilds until they shift into a forest. Through the forest it is dark and howling in the distance. He stops the group between two dark looking trees and raises the Cudgel again as another Portal opens, A blast of Cold Blizzard air hits your face as he steps through. He is stepping out onto a street near downtown in front of two corporate buildings, the bells of a nearby church ring at the passing of the hour. 1...2..3... 4 Chimes.

He leads you into the building and begins climbing the public stairs... up 13 flights of stairs. He drives you on, with a sense of urgency in his voice as he gets to the 13th floor, the penthouse floor, and opens another portal, this time, cold air blasts through the portal, but not freezing. He steps through and waits for your entry as he closes the portal. You stand outside a manor of ice, constructed in a eastern european gothic manner. The front seems to be unguarded. He stops before the door and announces himself.

"I am the representative of the White Council with my entourage. "

The doors slowly open as a frost air with the spell of peppermint blows past you. Inside seems to be a socialite part of wondrous creatures. Creatures of unearthly beauty and grace, dancing with inhuman dexterity. Other creatures of elemental creation standing in humanoid form. Goblins and dwarves alike are joined in this almost Bavarian party. the inside looks to be most created of colored ice, sparkling furniture and art pieces everywhere. Cliches of Fae have already formed into different groups around the dance floor each discussing their own interests as the party continues, only momentary pausing upon your entry.
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #355

When all four was outside the house Maria locked the house up checking the door to make sure it was firmly locked. Her and Airam stepped though the portal, Maria instinctively reached for her pistol but didn't draw it, instead she spoke. "I'm guessing we're not in New York City anymore huh, Airam." she said looking down at her dog, Airam simply Woofed. Once they got closer to the forest Maria went from cheerful to serious, her hand again hovering near her sidearm. When the second portal was opened and the cold hit Maria's face she instinctively blocked her face with her hand. "Ey! How bout a little bit of a warning before you do that. Some of us don't use portals to travel." She said slightly annoyed.

When they stepped though the second portal, she recognized it as still being in NYC although the church bells rang 4 times. "It can't be four, we've only been in that field for no more then 30 minutes. Hey George, do these portal warp time or something?" Maria asked curiously. As they start climbing the stairs Maria and Airam seemed fine however once they stopped for a breather. Maria reached into an inner pocket of her coat and pulled out a water bottle, gave some to Airam, taking a drink for herself. "Man glad I don't skip out on the gym. although I guess after we get back I won't have to worry bout legs today." She said to nobody laughing at the end.

When George opened the last portal and the cold air hit her Maria just sighed joyfully, "Nothing like AC after a good workout." She said to Airam petting her dog, Airam only replying by wagging her tail. When Maria saw the Ice Manor a look of awe hit her face, and she was struck speechless. After they entered the building it took Maria several minutes to mentally accept what her eyes showed her.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(( during transits response))

"Time moves differently in there. Sometimes faster, slower, even backward. "
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan nods, tactiturnly accepting the rebuke. "I get that." He explores with his eye as they travel, speaking little. Finally when they reach the mansion, Morgan speaks under his breath.

"From here on in, folks, act like you're at a party for fancy rich people. Everyone's judging you- act like it. We need this to go well, which means we need them not to treat us like we sh-it on the floor."

Morgan holds himself at his full height as he enters the hall, looking about with alert and aware eyes. He keeps his hands visible and at his side, suppressing his unconscious desire to cross them over his chest defensively. Finally Morgan hisses, "What's the protocol for this?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

After getting his bearings, the Reverend walked with the others.

He looked to Thomas and nodded. "Right! This is going to be as frustrating as talking to Boss Maw."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

29. - Top - End - #359

RedWizardGuy

Raymond returns George's glare, "Believe me, the feeling is mutual. However I'm willing to call a truce to work together to help these kids. I'll leave you alone if you do me the same favor."

It was one thing to read about the other realms but to walk back and forth between them was a very fascinating experience. He guessed at the time difference as George explained. Raymond too was impressed by the ice palace. Stories and pop culture references didn't do the place justice. He was impressed by the diversity of creatures that were interacting, but noticed them forming off into groups, Just like high school. The more things change the more they stay the same.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the group came in George spoke in hushed tones.

"we will have to wait until the right time to bring up our case to Maeve... hopefully Mab isnt here to override her."

He takes a moment.

"it could take some time for events to begin, you guys can hang around until offical events begin, at that point as guests well be able to begin events, such as a petition to Maeve. "

He pulls a flask from his hip and takes a swig.

"This is gonna be an eventing... Remember... dont eat... or drink anything you didnt bring yourself. And... try not to accept any favors."

As George looks across the party, several individuals seem to perk your interest.

A man in a Red coat with White trim, and a thick white beard.

Boss Maw making jokes and eating much of the food station as he speaks, Delarosa's daughter to his side.

A woman of... un-earthly beauty, half of her face covered by a mask, Her clothes mimicking her mask, one half heavily covered, the other half sparcely covered.

A tall man whose gaunt appearance seems almost shocking... he looks... almost like...David Bowe's Goblin King.

A woman of lithe beauty surrounded by other lithe dancers is on the dance floor moving rythmically in an almost impossible way. The more you watch her, the more you feel drawn in.
    Festival of Heroes: