New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

Reverend Blackthorn took an offered donut. "Thanks!"

He thought for a moment. "Okay, I could probably stand to use more information. There will most likely be a fight. I really shouldn't be wasting my spells on a whim."

He turned to Thomas. "What do you say we meet up with this contact of Officer McCarthy's and maybe contact our own while we at it?"

Spoiler: Thomas
    Show
    He smiled and winked at Thomas.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

While waiting for his guests, Ray opened a mini fridge he keeps in back and pulled out some leftover Chinese food from the night before and reheated it in the microwave he keeps above the mini fridge. When it was done and he tasted it, he sighed, "It's never as good the second time around. Oh well."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Thank ya" Maria said taking a donut and taking a bite out of it. "Let's be honest with ourselves here, Morgan. The moment those kids was kidnapped they were in danger. The level of danger however depends on what we do. If we go rushing recklessly at best we catch the criminals off-guard and manage to get them back unharmed, at worst they go from simple kidnapped children to hostages and shields for the criminals, if not killed outright. Trust me when I say, I want them back safely and those responsible locked up under the jail." Maria said shaking her head sadly, "But the laws are in place for a reason, if..." Maria stopped herself knowing this isn't going to help.

"As for the extortion charges you want me to bring up as well. I can't just add something like that just because you call it to my attention, however..." Maria said her voice trailing off at the end, almost as if she's connecting the dots on something... "Damn! I'm an idiot sometimes, you two please give me a moment. I might NOT be done with the Orphanage." She walked, hastily, back to her car popped the trunk and put the case in it quickly closing it and pull her phone out making a call as she walked back. "...Sorry bout that, I just called the body shop who worked on a car possibly matching the one who left those tracks." She said pointing to the tire tracks on the road, "They did take a picture and are in the process of sending me that picture. Once they do, I'm going to show it to the kids and if they can ID the vehicle, then that will be enough to get me a warrant for a search on the address that I got." Maria said hopefully, a moment later her phone dinged and she looked at it frowning slightly. "Not much to go on but it should be enough," she said turning the phone so that Morgan and Jonathan could see the picture, which was of the front grill, which has been designed to look like a pair of Jaws and a plate with the word "Boss" on it. "I'm going in to see if any of the three kids can ID the car from this photo, you're more then welcomed to join me if you wish." Maria said turning and heading back into the Orphanage.

Spoiler: Unless she's stopped before leaving to go into the building
    Show
    Maria walks back to the Nun's office, "Sister, I hate to bother the three children again, but I have a new photo to show them. It's not much but if they can ID the car in question, we'll made a HUGE leap in the case."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Robert
    Show
    As you enter the orphanage, the sister is there with the three children, she is handing each of them a cookie from a pastry box, the box has the same logo as the donuts Morgan brought .
    " oh detective, let's see."

The photo was shown to each of the children as they ate their cookies. They each shook their heads, not being able to recognize the grill.

" I'm sorry detective. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan tries to speak, but Maria rushes off. Morgan throws up a hand, sighs, and takes a doughnut. He looks at the Reverend while Maria moves back into the orphanage. "Yep, that's definitely a cop," he comments. Morgan shakes his head, then looks at the Reverend. "So what's your angle on this case, Reverend?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend really enjoyed the donut. "Ah yes. The Catholic Church has commissioned me to take on this case in their behalf. I get 'exorcist' cases from them, the NYPD, and others. Anything outside of the demons realm, the Church has a hard time dealing with. Despite being Protestant but being one of the few arcane men of the cloth, they are willing to work with me." He explained.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

7. - Top - End - #97

Spoiler: orphanage
    Show
    Maria got up and again thanked the nun and children for their assistance, and then walked out of the Orphanage.

Once Maria got outside she shook her head and took another bite of the donut. 'Damn, why can't I catch a break on this case. Damn this donut is good though.' she thought walking back to the group.

"No dice..." she started taking another bite of the donut, "Damn this donut is good, sorry got sidetracked there. There was simply not enough of the car in the picture to get a positive ID. If there was only someway to tie the car at was at the body shop to the car that was here. I could get a warrant in bout an hour tops... no half an hour tops." Maria said angrily jamming her cell phone in her pocket. "I might be able to get a search warrant with the information we've gotten so far, but that depends on if the magistrate is in a good mood..." Maria said chuckling dryly. "Shall we get going?"
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan shakes his uneaten doughnut at the Reverend, then turns as the irate police officer strides back up. He tries to suppress a smile, so takes a bite of the doughnut. Morgan's eyes go wide at the taste. "Holy ****in' ****, these are AMAZING!" Morgan proclaims. "Wish I were a cop so I could come back and question people on this street about what they may or may not have seen and get doughnuts while doing so! So are we driving convoy? Cause I've got my own car."

Morgan heads to his own car and follows Maria to the new contact.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I've been riding Ubers all around. Perhaps, I may ride with either of you?" The Reverend asked. "Otherwise, I'm ready."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Reverend rides with detective McCarty while Morgan drives himself, following the detective. They all pull up to a shop they recognize, owned by a shop owner they all know. The stores lights have been turned off, the window shutters closed and there is a sign on the door.

[Closed due to unexpected circumstances. Please visit tomorrow]
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan steps out of his truck and smiles. "Well son of a bitch...what are the odds?" Despite his familiarity with the place, Morgan holds back to let Maria take the lead.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

12. - Top - End - #102

Spoiler: Mike and DM
    Show
    Maria pulls our her phone, and send the following "Omw, have two other's with me, MM" and hits send.

Spoiler: Reverend and DM
    Show
    Maria, punches in a number and pulls out a headset setting it on her head with the headphone on her left ear and the mic pulled down. She looks over to Reverend Blackthorn, "I just hope what we have collected is enough for a search warrant. It should be but you never know." She then turned her focus on driving until she got an answer on her phone. "Heya Commander, it's Detective McCarthy. I have a lead on the Kidnapping, I need a Search Warrant for the following address." She read out the address gave to her by the body shop. "I have reason to suspect the kidnappers are at this address..." She then told the commander everything except the parts that contained the supernatural or the paranormal. After that she pushed a button on the side of her headset and pull the mic up and out of her face. "I know I left parts of that out." she said glancing over to the Reverend briefly before looking back at the road. "But if I told them we could be dealing with trolls and changlings, they'd had me come back to the waiting arms of the looney bin..." She said sadly, "NYPD hasn't fully accepted that which they can't explain away as 'smoke and mirrors' or 'sustenance inducing visions'. But steps are being taken, that's why there's a small group of us who handles the 'can't explain away' cases. However I still need to keep the details vague... well... I'm sure I don't to explain that." She said driving the rest of way in silence.

Once they arrived the shop. Maria got out, locking the car up after the Reverend got out, and walked up to the door. She knocked and spoke with mock authority "Mr. Schultz, this is Detective McCarthy, NYPD, I have a Warrant to search the place..." she said smiling as she always does, pulling a piece of paper out of her breast pocket.

13. - Top - End - #103

RedWizardGuy

At receiving the text, Raymond finished his food quickly, throwing away part of an egg roll that got too hard in the microwave and washed his hands just as Maria arrived. He opened the door slowly to show himself and her that all was safe. "Please come in officer," he said.
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2018-11-21 at 09:32 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan squeezes past the officer and says, "Hey Ray," as he enters the building.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend recognized the store proprietor. "Oh, hey Ray!" He greeted.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

16. - Top - End - #106

RedWizardGuy

Ray stepped aside allowing all three into his shop before closing the door behind them, taking the "warrant" offered by Maria as he did. He let out a small chuckle as he saw what it really was, "your grocery list? That never gets old does it? Okay you mentioned Trolls so anyone want to let me know what the whole story is?"
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan looks around the room as he explains, "Three kids got abducted from a Catholic orphanage. We each got called in for the case by different means. The likely suspect is Boss Maw, a troll who extorts money from the local businesses, and his changeling henchmen. We need to find those kids and get them back before something happens to them; Boss Maw is known for having an appetite. " Morgan nods a head towards Maria. "We're doing this her way for now, so we need evidence and a location, and then we need to know how you fight the supernatural stuff involved. Can you help us out?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

18. - Top - End - #108

RedWizardGuy

"Of course I'm willing to help," Ray replied opening the books he pulled earlier to show the information Iblis gave him earlier and closed his eyes briefly before responding,"Okay if you're going up against a Troll, they are exceptionally strong and very hard to kill, however they have two major weaknesses. One: they hate fire. Two: iron. It is like kryptonite to them and most other creatures of the Fae. Acid might also hurt them, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. We should all be worried for those kids. When you were warned about Boss Maw having an 'appetite,' that wasn't meaning that he was a pedophile, as horrible as that is, he will literally eat them for his Yuletime dinner. It's not quite Yule yet so that hopefully gives us a window of time to act. Also, Maria, that picture I sent you of the gentleman and his car I was suspicous of, I'm pretty sure he was a Changeling. I tried to 'accidently' slip him my phone to use as a tracker, but he found it and returned it to me immediately. Whether he saw through my ruse or really thought it was an accident I'm not sure."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Maria came into the building chuckling, "Nope, it's almost as funny as the time the 'Warrant' was the newspaper..." she let out a giggle at that one. She took back the 'warrant' from Ray, and took out a pen. "two... boxes... donuts... Dolorosa's... Delicatessens..." she spoke as she wrote it down on the list, before putting it back into her pocket along with the pen.

When Morgan finished, Maria spoke up. "We have a location already," she said pulling out another paper. "Evidence, we hope to get at the scene. What I NEED is a search warrant to look for said evidence and the missing kids..." She paused briefly, putting the paper on the table, before continuing, "and hopefully on the extortions."

When Ray finished, Maria looked at him, "Okay we know bout the troll, what about the changlings? do they have any weaknesses? And how can we tell they are one? I'd rather not accidentally have friendly fire if it can be helped."

20. - Top - End - #110

RedWizardGuy

"Problem with Changlings is you'd have to get real close in order to tell them apart from your average human. The most noticeable feature is their teeth. Their teeth look like they're all incisors rather than the variety we have," Ray replied.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Weak to fire? I got that covered. Have we any iron?" The Reverend asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

22. - Top - End - #112

RedWizardGuy

Ray went to one display in his shop showing beautifully decorated daggers, "These are ceremonial tanto I got from a friend on their last trip to Japan. They're about as dangerous as a letter opener, but they are made of iron and may help in a pinch if you stab something directly."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan shakes his head. "I'm covered, thanks. So that's straight-forward enough. Let's work on Maria's police procedure. What's our next step?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #114

Maria shook her head, "Sorry I'm issued standard bullet for her," she said patting the pistol at her hip. "As I said, more times then I care to count, the NYPD doesn't believe in the paranormal or the supernatural enough to issue the few of us, and by 'few' I mean four of us, the equipment needed to handle them." She simply shook her head.

"As for our next step we have to..., one moment..." Maria started before she got interrupted by her phone, which she took out and looked at smiling slyly. "...is come up with a plan just in case the search go south. I'll print the warrant out as we travel to the location. I have an idea on how to get you three in. IF asked you three are investigators assisting me... and before you ask 'Isn't impersonating a cop a crime? I thought we was doing this by the book?'" Maria said smiling just as slyly as before, "As long as the words 'cop', 'officer', etc. isn't used unless addressing me... no law is being broken as at least two of you ARE investigators. Ray's the hard one to fib into this story... unless you don't want to come along."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"If things go wrong, we need to escape. Anyone got a smokescreen spell or actual smokescreen? Maybe an Illusion?" The Reverend suggested as he eyed the tanto.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

26. - Top - End - #116

RedWizardGuy

"Well...since I already closed shop for the day, had dinner, and I've got nothing better to do," Ray replied slyly, "Might as well tag along."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan raises an eyebrow. "Just so I understand fully- we are going, what, to the suspected location of the black Cadillac? And searching for further evidence related to the kidnapping and extortions?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

28. - Top - End - #118

"Simply put, we're to go and search the grounds for any evidence of the kidnapping. If there is any, we'll take them down... by force if necessary." Maria said grimly, "As for the extortion... IF there is enough evidence to arrest the group on the kidnapping. Then we can search for any possible evidence to extortion, but that's only AFTER we resolve the kidnapping first."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With all the arrangements prepared, the Reverend riding with Maria, and the shop owner riding with Morgan, the four drive, each going over the brooklyn bridge, watching over the water you can see the days light has hit the afternoon, it wont be a few more hours until the night comes. You pay the bridge toll to get into brooklyn and drive around to get to the peirs underneath the brooklyn Bridge. One such Pier has a storage facility just off Water St. The side of the building has a big toothy grin of teeth. There are a pair of Bay doors that are shut, and a single door to the side that has an awning. There is a small parking area in front of the single door, it almost seems out of place with how professionally maintained the area is. There is a plaque next to the door that reads, "Boss Maw's Repair Men. If We can't Fix it. Shoot it"
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Before getting out of the car, Morgan peers around the area, looking for guards or watchers posted that might ambush them.

Perception: (1d20+4)[5]
    Show

DM of Twinborn