New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Comaward View Post
    *I am no longer allowed to use an alchemy jug to create a gallon of chlorine trifluoride.
    **chains of nitrogen are also forbidden.
    ***Dioxygen Difluoride is not allowed either.
    **** C2N14 is forbidden too even if it was made by Klapötke.
    Last edited by noob; 2019-06-24 at 03:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    **chains of nitrogen are also forbidden.
    ***Dioxygen Difluoride is not allowed either.
    **** C2N14 is forbidden too even if it was made by Klapötke.
    *****Resubliminated Thiotilomene is right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtkeeper View Post
    Dude, we're geeks. Overanalysis is our job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingel View Post
    You are funny, ideasmith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    I really like the way the Awareness school came about. I created a Detection subschool, which you reinterpreted into a conceptually distinct Awareness subschool. Then I misinterpreted what you meant and created yet another conceptually (slightly) distinct Awareness subschool. Teamwork!
    My Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ideasmith View Post
    *****Resubliminated Thiotilomene is right out.
    ****** in the same grouping (fictional chemicals) red mercury is forbidden.
    Last edited by noob; 2019-06-24 at 04:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    ****** in the same grouping (fictional chemicals) red mercury is forbidden.
    ******* In fact, let's say no in-game use of dangerous chemicals you wouldn't bring to the table irl.
    ********WAIT NO SCRATCH THAT
    LGBTQIA+ITP

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    *** my incantation for fireball cannot be "cause combustion and from the resulting thermal reaction to form a spherical shape then launch itself into people designated my enemies through a currently unidentified force manipulated by vocal and visual hand signals that can't possibly be magic because it exists and therefore has to fit in and make sense with the rest of the universe so that reality does not fall apart."
    **** No, "from evocation import fireball; fireball()" is not better.
    * May not write a Python script that plays my character for me.
    Last edited by Excession; 2019-06-24 at 06:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    **** No, "from evocation import fireball; fireball()" is not better.
    * May not write a Python script that plays my character for me.
    ** Nor in C++.
    SpellSlot spellSlot31(3, "Fireball");
    spellSlot31.cast(45, 0.71, 0.52);
    *** Maybe MATLAB would be OK

I actually onetime wrote a program in Java that conducted combat for a D&D character in one of my CS classes a long time ago. It wasn't very efficient.

*In a setting where I can absorb traits from slain monsters "Swallow Whole" is not one that I can absorb :P.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

7. - Top - End - #427

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordCdrMilitant View Post
    *In a setting where I can absorb traits from slain monsters "Swallow Whole" is not one that I can absorb :P.
    *just because a dragon chomps me does not give me a free pass to chomp it in return.
    **that goes for my mount, too.
    ***coincidentally, i'm preemptively banned the dragon rider class, as well as any race that can indeed swallow whole.
    ****there are no sarlaccs in dnd. quit trying to freak out the players.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    *just because a dragon chomps me does not give me a free pass to chomp it in return.
    **that goes for my mount, too.
    ***coincidentally, i'm preemptively banned the dragon rider class, as well as any race that can indeed swallow whole.
    ****there are no sarlaccs in dnd. quit trying to freak out the players.
    *****If roughly half of the monsters can use swallow whole onto you and is 2 or 3 size categories bigger than you maybe you should start playing a travel cleric.
    ******If dragons that expects to meet you all use some way to shapechange in order to gain the swallow whole ability(which is not an innate ability for dragons) because they think the standard greeting in your culture is swallowing you then maybe you should reconsider your choices in your adventurer life.
    Last edited by noob; 2019-06-25 at 04:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Colossus in the Playground

I cannot hum Soul Bossa Nova while on an international espionage mission.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

* If anybody in the group is arachnophobic then I cannot make them fight a spider made of spiders.
    ** A scorpion made of spiders is no better.

* If the NPCS are going to mess with a PC's memories I am to ask permission first.

* The PCS should be expecting to survive most fights.
    ** Especially the first fight.
    *** Especially the journey to the first fight.
    **** Especially character creation.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Comaward View Post
    *I am no longer allowed to use an alchemy jug to create a gallon of chlorine trifluoride.
    Did something similar, our party rogue made me mad, so I labeled 2 jars tied to one another "alchemical wish, just mix"
    The result was chlorine gas... He stole it, mixed it in his tent... And promptly died.

12. - Top - End - #432

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jintoya View Post
    Did something similar, our party rogue made me mad, so I labeled 2 jars tied to one another "alchemical wish, just mix"
    The result was chlorine gas... He stole it, mixed it in his tent... And promptly died.
    that is disgusting. good thing i've got a very talented giant rabbit alchemist on the backburner just in case the dm isn't feeling nice with the random encounters. so far, he's made gunpowder, napalm, thermite, and hot sauce. guess it's time to reinforce his german engineer eugenicist stereotype. it's been at least two sessions since i've lost alignment points.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

that is disgusting. good thing i've got a very talented giant rabbit alchemist on the backburner just in case the dm isn't feeling nice with the random encounters. so far, he's made gunpowder, napalm, thermite, and hot sauce. guess it's time to reinforce his german engineer eugenicist stereotype. it's been at least two sessions since i've lost alignment points.
    That sounds like a fun campaign.

For context though, I was the guy in our party who enchanted gear and we had no cleric, so I took alchemy to hand out healing potions... The rogue was stealing and pawning our things on his watch, so I made a "wish potion"...I didn't think he would huff the resulting acid gas

One of my party members, upon finding the rogue said "it really WAS a wish potion!"
    Last edited by jintoya; 2019-07-04 at 03:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

DrowGuy

That sounds like a fun campaign.

For context though, I was the guy in our party who enchanted gear and we had no cleric, so I took alchemy to hand out healing potions... The rogue was stealing and pawning our things on his watch, so I made a "wish potion"...I didn't think he would huff the resulting acid gas

One of my party members, upon finding the rogue said "it really WAS a wish potion!"
    it is. the group plays 2 characters in two different teams. one the mirror opposite of the other. i played a chaotic neutral freak named josé who was self-centered, rash, brash, and suicidally confident due to his youth. his opposite is grandpapy bunny, arms dealer and alchemist, loving father and sire of a family of 200.

regarding the party member's quote? that's the sickest burn outside of a plague fire i can think of.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

it is. the group plays 2 characters in two different teams. one the mirror opposite of the other. i played a chaotic neutral freak named josé who was self-centered, rash, brash, and suicidally confident due to his youth. his opposite is grandpapy bunny, arms dealer and alchemist, loving father and sire of a family of 200.

regarding the party member's quote? that's the sickest burn outside of a plague fire i can think of.
    200?
    Does he have any OTHER hobbies? Jeez.

16. - Top - End - #436

DrowGuy

200?
    Does he have any OTHER hobbies? Jeez.
    not my fault, actually, but the dm's. i asked for an arbitrarily large family since the character is pushing on 167 years old, what with descendants and all. the dm, using the classical trope of "breeding like rabbits" just said "here's 200 followers. hope that's enough."

so my phrasing was a bit off, but that does include grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins etc... it's a very large family or tribe.

as a hobby, the giant bunny enjoys poetry and fireworks.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

not my fault, actually, but the dm's. i asked for an arbitrarily large family since the character is pushing on 167 years old, what with descendants and all. the dm, using the classical trope of "breeding like rabbits" just said "here's 200 followers. hope that's enough."

so my phrasing was a bit off, but that does include grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins etc... it's a very large family or tribe.

as a hobby, the giant bunny enjoys poetry and fireworks.
    Oh, alright, that makes more sense, at 167 years of age, he's got 3-4 generations infront if him (but let's not get into historical accuracy in a fantasy game)

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

* stuff the DMpc's cigar full of black powder

* "Solve" problem pc issues by (if it's me) swan diving of a cliff and submitting a new character for approval or (if it isn't me) assisting another pc in a "lesson in momentum mitigation"

* Telling the warforged "yes, you beat that rust monster, but you're still a wuss compared to the rust dragon" and egging him on to fight it

* Doing anything John Cena does to rile up a crowd before turning on ghost sound and ruining any semblance of immersion
    ** Especially mid-fight

* Rolling a spot to find "the hot orc"
    ** Insisting the DM tell me if I succeeded
    *** When the DM confirms it, I won't buy her a drink "from our party's Bard/Paladin/[face character]" just to see what happens.

* My primary goal for half the session should not be set-up for shenanigans
    ** Even if it's really funny

* I'm not allowed to upstage the Bard with a surprise performance of "somebody kill me please" from The Wedding Singer starring Adam Sandler

* The best distraction is always a 7' orc barbarian in a tutu, but I should not always resort to it first.
    ** I may no longer convince the orc that it's "magic distraction chants" or "warpaint of intimidation"

* Rolling a 1 on failing does not mean I succeeded
    Last edited by jintoya; 2019-07-08 at 04:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439

DrowGuy

* My primary goal for half the session should not be set-up for shenanigans
    ** Even if it's really funny
    you too? bummer...

* The best distraction is always a 7' orc barbarian in a tutu, but I should not always resort to it first.
    not true. you're thinking of an exploding 7' orc barbarian in a tutu. i've yet to find something that makes even blind men do googly eyes better than that. also, don't look at the explosion, you've got shenanigans to do.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

you too? bummer...

not true. you're thinking of an exploding 7' orc barbarian in a tutu. i've yet to find something that makes even blind men do googly eyes better than that. also, don't look at the explosion, you've got shenanigans to do.
    Exploding..... Hmm, tome to begin compiling a list if things that explode without killing the barbarian.... Or tutu (you know how hard it is to find one that barely fits him?!) Because: unlimited reloads

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

*creating characters that have an effectively permanent +50% chance to hit/avoid is mean.
    **Having said characters being given heavy armor and a horse is rude.
    ***Naming the character leading them after Erwin Rommel is not to happen.

*If, on the bizarre chance that a GM crazy enough to run a Tabletop Fire Emblem campaign with the mechanics being based on Awakening and is willing to allow versions of Skills from different games exists; I am by no means to create a character with as high a luck cap as possible, Armsthrift, PoR version of Miracle, and Despoil. Functionally immortal characters are bad form. Giving that character the ability to turn enemies into gold and never break weapon again is just wrong.
    Spoiler: Explanation
    Show
    Miracle in Fire emblem Path of Radiance Had a percent chance based on the characters luck. If that character would ever go below 1 hp miracle could activate and instead keep them at 1 hp. In Fire Emblem Awakening, Miracle will not activate if the character is at 1 hp. It is also possible in Awakening to create a character with an effective luck score of 100. Armsthrift creates a chance to not use up a weapon's use. Despoil gives the character a chance to spawn a small bullion (worth 1000 gold) upon attacking and killing an enemy. Armsthrift, Despoil, and Miracle are all percentile chances based on the character's luck score.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    ***Naming the character leading them after Erwin Rommel is not to happen.
    Yeah. That might be on the line of tacky.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

* when my DM let's me play a character who comes back from the dead, I should not use explosives as clothing "just in case"

* When the question I consider for a tender/tense/important moment is "what would Bugs Bunny, the Warner Brothers, Beetlejuice or freakazoid do?" It's time to consult the DM before my next action

*I am no longer allowed in the throne room
    ** Especially during an emergency

* No more buying walnuts to make an irritating joke with (hint: "Deez")

* it's in bad form to see how similar my backstory can be to a real life evil dictator before the DM goes "this sounds familiar"
    ** I should not also take leadership
    *** After the game, if I got away with it, I'm not allowed to show everyone who "Uncle Joe" was actually....the whole time.

* Orchestrating elaborate plots should be the job of the DM
    ** When I am thrown a plot hook, my first instinct should not be too see how strong the "line" is, be a good fish for once!

* Giving myself a high AC should not be "so the party can't hit me"
    ** Impersonating the bad guy is best done when the rest of the party knows you are doing it.

* I shouldn't ever be running around covering myself with only a live (and rather distraught) chicken

* I'm not allowed to point out to the paladin that "it's always alright when you do it" (referring to murder or trespassing)
    Last edited by jintoya; 2019-07-10 at 11:03 AM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

* If I describe my character concept as 'sane' it is expected that my character have hands.
    ** A basic understanding of human society is also ideal.
    *** As would be a way to communicate with the rest of the party.

* All rabbits must obey the speed limit.
    ** Once I've got a handle on the laws of society my character can sniff at the laws of physics.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-07-19 at 04:46 PM.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Scion 2E:
    * Using the Trickster knacks to make doppelgangers should not be used to become the villain of another Band's campaign.
    * I should really learn to supress the giggling fits when the gm gives me "that look".
    * The Gm should have saw it coming when my first Legendary title was "Thief of Power" and his enemies were using magic rings to escape.
    *Convincing everyone that I stole the Moon's chariot to cover for Loki will go poorly for me eventually.

Pathfinder:
    * Curse of Burning Sleep is not a prank.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Pathfinder:
    ...Okay, what does that do?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #447

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Pathfinder:
    **neither are explosive runes.
    *** especially on underwear or socks.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

**neither are explosive runes.
    *** especially on underwear or socks.
    **** Especially not on every page of the wizard's spellbound.

Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

I am no longer allowed to put a perfectly reasonable and normal Elven Imperial Navy hostile space supply depot, with a perfectly reasonable number of regular troops, on the same planet that the PCs are going to for pirate hunting.

I am no longer allowed to forget that my players alignments are 'greedy/stabby' regardless of what alignment their characters are.

I am no longer allowed massed automatic weapons and grenades in 60 meter long bare concrete corridors.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...Okay, what does that do?
    It is a spell that pretends to do nothing when you first cast it. It sits on the target, waiting until an hour after he has gone to sleep. Then he bursts into flame, taking up to 8d6 fire damage and setting him on fire.

The Gm did not appreciate it for the big bad's cameo.