New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Rokugan In the Shadows - Into the Shinomen

Muk, grudgingly, lets themself float away, making a quick dash for the exit and dryness.

Once outside, they take a few moments to regain their strength, and observes the structure, seeing how hard it'd be to destroy the whole thing. As they do, they talk to their Nezumi friend, saying I don't much like water. BUt I'd think that this temple needs to go.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming we're out of initiative, I'll take a couple turns to heal back to full (thanks Fast Healing!) and make a Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) check to see how well Muk can destroy this whole thing with his Thunder breath.

If possible, I'd like to take 10 on this, for a result of 20.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Naga temple

Young Fang has brushed himself off from his untimely expulsion from the temple's underground section, and now examines his fur where he'd scraped against the ceiling. It's raw, but not bleeding badly. It watches as the ooze takes in the small atrium of the temple-grounds, and wonders, You will? How? The Nezumi begins telling him what he imagines the temple used to look like...
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Knowledge (Arch & Eng) (1d20+8)[23] (6 Draconic Know +2 Int)

Young Fang points you back to the still-standing area of the temple. It's cleverly built, actually, and it is no more than a 3-arched Torii, around which a mostly toppled structure leads into the (further ruined) area deeper into the swamp. The spiral staircase going up, which conceals downward ramp (still full of water from which Muk exited) by spiraling up in a curve that blocks ramp from sight outside the temple, unless you are specifically looking for it; it's a trick of stone-work that a Dwarf would find exciting. The Nezumi pleads with you to not ascend the staircase yet, insisting on first showing Muk the remains of the temple first.

The Nezumi guides him around the ruined grounds--the collapsed area outside of the small remaining structure--and it's little more than toppled stone pillars and rubble in the middle of what is a swamp, the water in which has recently been lowered significantly. Moss, flecks of partially-decomposed leaves and woodland detritus cling to the stone, and as Muk wades through the thick mud and low water, he understands that, though much of the temple above ground has already been toppled, it features an extensive underground stone network. Young Fang tells him "Our ancestors built the stone temples Yesterday, for the many Naga to rest in solitude."
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-30 at 09:34 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

3. - Top - End - #33

Show
    I have an Aura that grants +2 to Knowledge as well. So it's +10, for a total of 25.

Alright. I'm going to study it further, underground if at all possible. I'd like to identify the weak spots, whatever's critical for holding it up, so that way I can crash the whole thing down, Muk says. Because, really, if that guy was representative of them as a whole... Why in the name of all that's holy do you listen to them? Come on, live a little, take a life or twelve!

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Naga temple

Young Fang chuckles at Muk. "You are...needing education about this land. As I am the apprentice to the Tale-Teller of our tribe, I know some history...Before The Lean Times, before the Terrible Day, The Naga ruled this world and the next. They made a great peace--under which we served them, too, and although we were also food, we were safe--and the Naga lived in balance with the elements. They respected Nature's way, and taught us all we know of magics, of learning, of nature, of the Spirits, the World of Dreams and the Between. They taught us how to build, and the Naga knew, also, that we were cunning and capable in ways they could not be, for we could climb...and they could swim. So they asked for our help to build many chambers under the ground, in the Big-big Forest--this is where we are now--and until the Terrible Day, the Big-big Forest was much bigger, and stretched far north into what has become the Desert of the Lost. Come, follow me.

Young Fang takes you to the spire, now, and ascends the it with you. Not long after the beginning of your ascent, the Nezumi casts a spell upon you both, and ushers you forward, warning you that you have only six minutes before you must return below. As you climb upwards, you feel a rush, as if you've been taken far away from where you were. The chamber you enter is a massive room; in it, is a vast network of what seems to be scale models that show an enormous spattering of tombs across a strange landscape. "This is where the Naga live in the Dream, what they call the Akasha. We are here," and he points to a small space, 2-by-8 pips, near the bottom of an enormous forest that sprawls to the north, barely broken by a section of mountains. He sweeps his hands across the mountains, which curve down and left of where he's pointing, and continues his story. "It's said by our Elders that one day, Before Time, that the Naga went to rest in these tombs we helped them build, and they live in the Great Dream, the Akasha, until they are needed again."

"We did not count time, you see, as we lived in peace and harmony with the Worlds and the Elements, and we built much in the lands here."
    He points to a small, oblong pentagon-shaped region whose leftmost side remains undefined. It's below and far left of where the "Big-Big Forest" is. "When the Great Dark Spirit fell, the Lean Times began. Many of us did not survive The Lean Times, but we knew that some day Tomorrow, the Naga would awaken when their help was needed. So we traveled here, and we found the Humans had come, and many of them were cruel and greedy and did not know the Ways. Only the Crab, and...maybe the Horsemen, the Unicorn, are kind, for they know the hardships of eternal War with the Great Dark Spirit and its creations. But...I have talked myself astray...

"We of the Black Spot Nezumi guard this spire to show our faith to the Naga. It is only a short time Yesterday that a few awoke, and they hungered greatly. They and the Rokugani went to where the Great Dark Spirit lay, where it had corrupted the minds of many Rokugani, and had a great battle, and few survived, but they had a small victory...and the few Naga, the few alive, came back to the Big-big Forest, and they cannot join the Akasha, the Great Dream, any longer. They must be helped, you see? Ssithik and the others, they think if their hunger is satisfied, they can rest again. But I do not think this is so...I think there is something that blocks them, some evil, and it is down there, where Ssithik has moved water for a time.

These tombs, these resting-places underground, they are very big, and very strong. They have survived all the shakings of the Earth and have been here before the start of Time. We mustn't kill the Naga, we mustn't destroy their temples-under-ground, for they will defend the world when they are needed again. We Black Spot Nezumi will defend this temple from the Rokugani, and the Great Dark Spirit and even the few Gaijin, the Foreigners, that make it past the other Tribes in the Big-Big Forest. Maybe you understand a little more, yes?

more

5. - Top - End - #35

Muk sighs, a loud exhalation of fire and brimstone. For you... I won't destroy the temple. But maybe it'd be best if I don't deal with the naga-they don't like me, I don't like them, no sense having us interact if it can be avoided.

Thank you, though, for the lesson. It's always a joy to learn something new,
    Muk says. I'd be smiling, by the way, they add, but, you know... No face.

For now, though! I'm growing hungry. I don't want to impose on your people, and I'm sure you'd object to me eating the nagas, so where can I do some hunting of my own?

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Letting a sliver of his godly patron suffuse his body, Red-Eye turns to the Nezumi and starts walking towards them, over the 'corpse' of the slain human. As he starts walking the price of straining his magical reserves further than they could go starts to be obvious, blood trickles from his fingers and eyes, strands of magic singing the fur on his arms as they arc off of him. As he gets closer to the Nezumi, he attempts to put his thoughts into words, the strain of the combat making his vision swim and his head ring:
    "I-I am Chieftain Red-Eye, last of my tribe, humans did to me-us what they tried to do to you. I-I alone remain, but I have gotten strong. Your tribe would have fallen, your leaders LET this happen, by letting the humans take the safest and best lands. I-I will take from the humans, in blood and land. I-I offer you, join me, become more, stronger, show humans fear."
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-12-07 at 09:17 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Naga temple

Young Fang nods, affirming that there's plenty of prey to find around the temple--and indeed the entire Shinomen--to find. "I don't wish to impose on you either, friend! I will be back at this temple in two days. Hopefully we shall see each other soon!

Before the Nezumi is out of sight, he turns to Muk and asks, "Is there anything in particular you're looking for? Maybe I could give you a general area to start your search.

Show
    Tell YOung Fang what you're looking for and we'll get you pointed with your Survival check.

Black spot Nezumi village
    The Nezumi are upset to hear this declaration from Red-Eye, and none dare challenge his word. Many of them are eager to see justice for their fellow villagers, and are quick to clamor for burning the body of the (supposedly dead) man, but few can agree that the Shamans are undeniably to blame. There's also the suspect nature-spirit, whom each of the leaders said they'd received guidance from, and the village is quickly given over to disagreement while they turn the burning building into a pyre for all the dead; the lunatic is quickly lost among the pile and forgotten.

With the mention of taking human lands, most of the Nezumi insist that Red-Eye has done nothing spectacular, as the clan's purpose is to guard the borders entrances to the Shinomen near the Crab's border. "As an outsider," one older Nezumi says, "he does not prove himself superior because he's defeated three terrible monsters and a whip-wielding madman. He's a capable warrior, but should be honored only for doing his duty as he is capable." Many Nezumi nod and murmur their agreement, but there are a few dissenters.

A few are intrigued by the prospect of following such a capable archer, however, and are curious enough to ask Red-eye if he'd lead them in a scouting expedition into the Shinomen.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-08 at 04:06 PM.

more

8. - Top - End - #38

Something big and meaty. Deer usually work okay-or, maybe, maybe! Muk says, with excitement in their voice. Crocodiles or alligators! I've never hunted those before, and it could be a lot of fun.

Show
    Survival check:

(1d20+10)[18]

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Red-Eye seethes at the insult from the other Nezumi, barely keeping his hostility in check: "You are not of my tribe and so I owe you nothing. For saving your tribe you offer me nothing, but insults. Your name is less for you bearing it."
    Turning from the elder with his temper seconds from erupting he leaves the immediate presence of the cursed leaders, but staying within sight of the camp. Removing the aftereffects of the battle he observes the group. Allowing anyone who wishes to accompany him to do so, and asking information about the settlements and villages of the nearby humans.

Being asked to lead a scouting expedition, Red-Eye gladly accepts. Before leaving he inquires as to the purpose of the mission while sizing up the volunteers.
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-12-11 at 04:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Shinomen Forest South - near Naga Temple

Young Fang nods with a twitch of a smile, and points you North-West. "The only Alligators that lived in this area of the Shinomen were eaten by the Wani-ka-gomi. It arrived some time Yesterday and it killed the other apex predators of this region, and it now hunts Naga, humans, and us of course. Our tribe sent a scouting party to draw it away, shortly Yesterday. You're fast enough...just follow this stream and you'll find them on their path towards it. I can smell their scent in the water, so they can't be far."

Young Fang stops you before you can leave. May the Kodama strengthen your flesh and cast off blows; let this be enough for your deeds todayIt's a long trek, much longer than expected, and although Muk soon finds tracks of both other Nezumi and a Huge webbed-footed amphibian, there's little joy, even as the stream widens into a lake. As Muk follows the lake's edge to another area where it finds tracks, it can hear voices.

Show
    Muk receives Barkskin. 70 minutes' duraton; take off 40 minutes for travel time.

North of Black Spot Nezumi Village
    Although the elder whom Red-Eye insults seethes with rage, others calm him down and whisper in his ear. He speaks urgently but quietly to them, gesticulating wildly, and they all nod in understanding. Once they're done conferring, they bear grins, and the leaders present their task.

The Nezumi speak of the Wani-ka-gomi, a Huge reptilian creature that's killed off the apex predators of this region and in its wrath has killed many humans and Naga, too, since it arrived "sometime Yesterday." Apparently a scouting party was meant to draw it away from the town but the party has been late several days now. The elders of the clan nod grimly, and notice that Red-Eye bravely faces the idea of facing this creature. You start to leave the village and one of the Shamans stop you.

<<May the Kodama strengthen your flesh and cast off blows; let this be enough for your deeds today>> With that, you are sent away. It's not too hard to track the beast; its footprints are, well, rather large

You travel first west-and-north, then East, then south, and North-East again, until finally, you find tracks of some kind before you. Sets of Nezumi tracks are overlaid with what seems to be a warm...slick of partially dried mud and cooked foliage. YOu soon hear voices as you spot a round, orange mass of what's obviously
    lava that shifts and bends itself around quickly-drying trees to try and spot the voices.

Show
    Red Eye receives Barkskin. 70 minutes' duraton; take off 40 minutes for travel time.

Shinomen Forest - Territory of the Wani-ka-gomi

The area you've arrived in is a vast mire. The grey clouds, pregnant with moisture, block the sun and bring a cast of gloom to the moss-covered trees and muddy ground beneath you. Only in small sections does the mud gives way to dry pathways of fresh water. As you search the area further does, it's clear that these patches and pockets are formed of dry sections from the creature's footprints. Soon after your initial perusal of the area, you find the source of voices in a thicket to your left...

"We wait-wait for it here."
    <<No, it close-close to village!>>
    "Is our task."
    <<Has eat-killed others but us three!>>
    "Is our task to take away."
    <<We go back, get other task!>>
    {{Quiet-hide! It stir-moves}!}

Near you, a section of the swamp-region that appeared to only be sky reverberates with a growl and grunts; a massive reptile with grey, rippling scales and mottled grey wings turns. Its massive head Slams down near you and shatters a tree. The force of its exhale blows away the three Nezumi that had been trying to hide, and they scurry away from their landing-spot before the creature inhales. The danger passes, however, as you all realize that its movements are the simple adjustments of a massive creature in the midst of sleep.

The Nezumi speed past you, and then, registering what they've seen, turn on the spot. The six Nezumi from Red-Eye's party wave to them in greeting and say "Tomorrow has brought us together Today." It is a casual greeting, but one that's evident in its meaning to show unity. There is little to be said, however, about the surprise the 9 Nezumi have upon seeing a spirit of the elements, so they instead stare at it, open-mouthed.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-11 at 05:37 PM. Reason: The Wani-ka-gomi is asleep

more

11. - Top - End - #41

Ah, more friends! Greetings, fine strangers! Are you here to hunt the sleeping beast? they call over. Hardly seems sporting, but given the size difference, one can not complain TOO hard, they finish with a hearty chuckle.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking at the ooze that is obviously lacking in self preservation, he sneers and whispers at the ooze: "Quiet, regroup, plan." before pointing to a clutch of trees nearby and starts moving towards it silently.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Before much else can happen, the great beast stirs at the sudden and excited voice. Its massive tail swings into several trees, cracking them solidly so they fall over, and, stymied from that direction, the tail whips up and around and slams the ground near Muk. Where there were once three cowering Nezumi, afraid of the assignment they'd clearly failed is now a bloody mass of fur, bones, and flesh and one blood-spattered ratling who now looks thoroughly shaken The tail whips up again and flies out of your reach to crash into its massive and scaly body.

The final Nezumi of the original party whispers harshly, {{D-Do you mind-think talk lower-quiet}}

Another of the six scouts, its face strained with worry, observes quietly "It will smack-crash us all! We cannot kill--"
    Another interrupts in a cutting wheeze, <<We help it chase-flee us until its away-gone from vllage-clan.>>

A rumble begins in the clearing where the Wani-ka-gomi sleeps. It twists over on its side, and you now have a clear sight of its head. Even its underbelly is a thick lattice of scaly callouses. Spittle oozes from its mouth, and as it breathes out, the leaves on the tree nearest the creature blow as if in a hurricane-force wind; many of them leave their tree. As it breathes in again, dirt, leaves and moss enter its mouth and it lazily smacks as if tasting some delicious feast.

{{If only we could poison it, or make it burn-boom in mouth like volcano}}

The other six look expectantly between the burning ooze and Red-eye and then six sets of eyes all ogle the Ooze. "How we do it?"
    <<Do what?>>
    {{It breathes fire spirit in}}
    <<And then Wani explodes? The spirit dies too!>>
    "It's standing right there! Why--"
    {{Fire spirits can't die!}}
    <<We bargains for its help!>>
    "You two are mad! It is standing right there!"
    {{You understand the spirit?!?}}
    "It speaks Rokugani!"
    {{That language hurts mouth to speak!}}
    <<We not learn it>>

One of the Nezumi turns to Muk and apologizes, "Please forgive-let go these morons." She looks back to the others, who nod and simper in feigned recognition.
    "Good fire spirit, could you lend us aid of your powers, to frighten and wound this great beast, that we may lead it away from our lands?"

more

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking at the one suggesting poison, with malice for stealing his plan cleverly hidden as recognition of the idea, Red-Eye produces a clay vial and hands it to to him while very very silently whispering the instructions: "Poison, works on skin, no touch with bare hands, throw or smear" Turning to the others he picks out 4 alarmingly unassuming bundles that somehow looks like they SHOULD be ticking. He adjusts something on each and quickly smears dabs a few drops of viscous fluid from a clear vial. He holds them out for the others to grab: "Poison-bombs, throw into mouth, no fiddle very sensitive inside."
    As he finishes preparations he adresses the fire-spirit and shushes the others trying to keep them as close to silent as possible, speaking in Rokugani at a breakneck speed with clear Nezumi accent: "You, know-soul, here to fight-help, can draw focus and run, what skill-magic you can do, meet-talk after win-live."

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Handing 'volunteer' 1 a single dose of Blue Anemone Oil: Dc 15 fort 1d4 dex+str/blindness
    Handing 4 bombs out to the other volunteers, each with a timer set to 1 minute and coated with Spider Venom: Dc 30 2d8 Strength / 2d8 Strength
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-12-14 at 07:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

The Nezumi look to each other, excited, and then each of them runs forward, barely containing their laughter, and successfully sneak towards the great beast. After nearly a minute has passed, they are close to the creature's mouth, and they gingerly toss the items into the breathing-path of the creature. It inhales...

And just after it draws breath, it smacks down upon the flasks and the bombs; there is a muted detonation, and the beast wakes up with a forest-shaking roar.
    Spoiler: Saves
    Show
    (1d20+15)[16] vs. DC 15 Anemone oil Crit Fail; takes 1 Dex and 2 Str damage; Stricken Blind
    (1d20+15)[17] vs DC 30 & [7] strength
    (1d20+15)[35] vs DC 30 or [10] strength
    (1d20+15)[16] vs DC 30 & [6] strength
    (1d20+15)[25] vs DC 30 & takes [9] poison damage

Takes 64 Sonic/Pierce/Slash damage (x2; damage to head) = 128
    Takes 1 Dex damage
    Takes 24 Str damage

Stricken Blind for 12 rounds
    Deaf for 28 rounds
    Stripped of special Senses (Scent, Darkvision, Tremorsense, Blindsight, Telepathy, Mindsight, etc) for 20 rounds

The Wani ka Gomi, blinded, unable to hear or attune itself to the world around itself, thrashes about with its tail. It strikes fast as lightning, before even Snich has time to move or use another as a shield.

Three of the minions, very nearly pulverized, manage to duck out of the way of its wildly thrashing tail. Its roar shatters trees nearby you, and blood and shrapnel spatter many trunks. It lumbers clumsily forward, crashing into tree and rock, all in a flailing attempt to find its attackers.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-16 at 07:32 PM.

more

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

The nearest Ratling to Snich is not so lucky. What was a ratling is now a bloody mass.

The terrified Nezumi scramble, as best they can in the woods, a full eighty feet over the cracked ground. They assure each other that this is exactly what they need to do and only insist that each other continues to run in the opposite direction of the village.

more

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Scurrying back away from the beast, Red-Eye calls to mind and casts a spell before firing a flaming arrow at the Wani, as he fires the magic released causes is recently ruptured magical circuits to open up, releasing a dose of pain with it.
    As he grits his teeth he covers himself in his cape and disappears.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Running away 60 ft with free move action, using swift to poison arrows, True strike + quicken Combust - Power attack x5 (1d20+18)[31] for (1d8+12)[20] + (5d8)[27] fire dc 15 to avoid being on fire for another (1d6)[2], with Colossal Centipede Venom, dc 25 or take (2d6)[7] Dex. The +1 VIRULENT arrow means that the second save is in 5 rounds instead of 10. Stupid dragon.
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-12-17 at 08:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

The Wani screams at the flaming arrow that's hit its neck, and takes a gangly clawed arm, and part-rips, part-snaps the arrow from its hide. It thrashes again, striking out in Snich's general direction.

Spoiler: combat!
    Show

Save vs DC 15 Ref (1d20+16)[34] or in fire & 2 3 fire damage
    (1d20+15)[31] vs. DC 25 Fort or 7 Dex

Full Attack!
    Tail (slap 1) (1d20+22)[29] (1d100)[60] (3d8+7)[22]
    Tail (slap 2) (1d20+22)[39] (1d100)[52] (3d8+7)[25]
    Tail (slap 3) (1d20+22)[33] (1d100)[37] (3d8+7)[19]
    Tail (slap 4) (1d20+22)[42] (1d100)[72] (3d8+7)[15]
    Claw (2ndary) (1d20+20)[29] (1d100)[14] (2d8+7)[18]
    Claw (2ndary) (1d20+20)[36] (1d100)[72](2d8+7)[12]
    Bite (2nda) (1d20+20)[23] (1d100)[99] & (2d8+7)[12]

Edit: 12+12+15 = 39 damage (24 P + 15 BPS) to Muk.

Its tail comes dangerously close to Muk, but as it is (luckily) blinded, the tail instead crashed down just next to the Ooze. Conscious of the heat, however, of its body, the terrified beast continues the barrage of attacks towards its perceived agressor
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-17 at 07:21 PM.

more

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Muk

The ooze, careful not to stand still for too long, moves north-east, in the general direction of where the ratlings went, and then breathes fire at the beast, conscious to leave a line of clinging, awful fire in its wake.

Show
    Move 30' NE; no AoO provoked (Wani is blind; can't make AoOs)

Use Breath Weapon + Entangling Exhalation: (3d6+4)[12] * 1.5 = 18 FIRE
    & Wani is Entangled for direct pursuit (1/2 move speed)

Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-18 at 03:56 PM.

more

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A bit worried at his dwindling reserves of magic and the obscene amount of punishment that has failed to put the Wani down, Red-Eye uses his last burst to send another flaming arrow flying, this one guided by luck more than magic. As he starts moving further from the beast, he sends another arrow flying, like a distraction more than a real threat.

Show
    Maximized Combust arrow from invisibility! Using Lucky to reroll if it misses!
    (1d20+7)[15] for 15 (arrow) +4 (Sneak)+40 (combust) = 19 + 40 fire, dc 15 ref or be on fire for another 6 damage and dc 25 fort or take 12 dex damage, 5 rounds till secondary save. Reflex dc 16 or be entangled
    if miss (1d20+7)[24]

Move action away to 120ft

Quickened Mage Hand arrow to poke it in a wound. (1d20+3)[8] for (1d8+7)[14] + 4 reflex dc 16 or be entangled.

Poison Counter:
    Dex - 2d6 - 4 - dc 25
    Dex - 12 - 5 - dc 25 if it hits.
    Str x 4 - 2d8 - 8 - dc 30
    Blind - Perm - 8 - dc 15

2nd level spells left: 0
    1st level spells left: 2
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-12-18 at 06:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

The Wani steps forward but it soon realizes that there's a terrible--and painful--fire blocking its way. Taking the path of least resistance, the monster veers left--out of the way of the line--and then rushes forward; it roars again as a flaming arrow again hits its throat.

Spoiler: Rolls & Actions
    Show
    Moves: 10(5) ' North-East, then 15' North (partial move done; 25' to go)

Takes (2d6)[5]*1.5 Fire, No Save.

Saves!
    (1d20+15)[27]vs DC 15 Ref or 9 Fire damage.
    (1d20+15)[24]vs DC 25 Fort or 12 Dex damage

2nd half of Move:
    Moves 25' South-East, and will Overrun anything in its 15' x 15' square; with Improved Overrun, cannot be resisted if caught.

(1d20+12)[16] (Size + Imp. Overrun +4 Str (down from original total due to Str damage))
    vs.
    (1d20+11)[20] (Stable (+4) + 7 Str) on Muk
    or
    (3d8+6)[10]

Incredibly, the Ooze overpowers the rushing Wani and avoids it underfoot!
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-18 at 04:55 PM.

more

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Muk abandons all pretense of trying to fight the rampaging beast. As it's avoided its horrible feet, and since the beast is charging away from it, the ooze travels West, away from it, as fast as it can, putting a good eighty feet between itself and the beast.

more

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deciding that taking a potshot before relocating is the safest option Red-Eye shoots two arrows at the Wani, one seems to be less aimed and more a quick afterthought. As the arrows impacts the monster he quickly moves to a more comfortable distance, making sure that should the beast charge his old position it would not accidentally trample him.

Show
    Arrow! (1d20+13)[16] for (1d8+7)[14] +4 (sneak), reflex dc 16 or be entangled, fort dc 25 or take (2d6)[7] dex
    Quickened Arrow with MAGEHAND (1d20+5)[10] for (1d8+7)[8] +4 (sneak) reflex dc 16 or be entangled for 1 round. Magehand poking into the eye furthest away from Red-Eye

Move action to move 50 ft to a position 125 ft away from the Wani, making sure that should it run at his old position it would not hit his new one.

Poison Counter:
    Dex - 2d6 - 3 - dc 25
    Dex - 12 - 4 - dc 25 if it hits.
    Str x 4 - 2d8 - 7 - dc 30
    Blind - Perm - 7 - dc 15
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-12-18 at 06:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

The Wani attacks the forest, now, and jumps in the air, convinced that the offending creature is some insect, now, that's trying to sting it. It unleashes a flurry of swipes into the air and demolishes trees around itself. The forest crashes and rumbles with its fury, but you all remain--again--safe from its wrath in its disabled state.

more

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Shooting another arrow at the Wani, Red-Eye nervously takes stock of his dwindling supply of poison and magic, only the dregs remain of both. Using his last reserves he calls upon his magic and fires the last arrow laced with poison that stands a chance at affecting the enduring monster. After the arrow sails towards the beast he once again relocates out of the way of a wanton charge.

As his reserves are spent, Red-Eye offers up his 'ally', the voice-called, as an offering for Cyric to ensure the poison takes and the Wani drops out of the sky. While hiding, tensely waiting for the results of the massive amounts of incredibly potent poison pumped into the beasts bloodstream.

Show
    True strike +20 , Quicken meta-arrow -8 of Shocking grasp - (1d20+25)[34] for (1d8+7)[11] +4 (sneak) + (5d6)[19], dc 16 ref or be entangled, dc 25 fort or take (2d6)[11] dex damage.

Poison Counter:
    Dex - (2d6)[7] - 2 - dc 25
    Dex - 12 - 3 - dc 25
    Dex - (2d6)[4] dc 25
    Str x 4 - (2d8)[6]. (2d8)[2]. (2d8)[10]. (2d8)[7] - 6 - dc 30
    Blind - Perm - 6 - dc 15

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

The Wani screams, and the scorched hide around its neck begins to bleed. It turns, furious, and charges in the direction of its last arrow that's been fired at it.

Slowed by the trees and uncertain in its blinded state, it lumbers forwards a hundred feet, crushing marshy trees in its wake. As more arrows hit it from different angles, it chooses the last-felt direction of the arrow poking its eye; Red Eye's Mage-hand-wielded arrow causes it to turn and careen away from the clever ratling until, finally, the massive beast trips over a grove of trees and some ruins. It falls in a furious roar and, though it seems to strain its muscles, it doesn't seem to have the coordination to move from the grove it's fallen upon.

It must be more than five hundred feet away, but Red Eye can still feel the force of its furious breathing even far away.

more

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rounding up the survivors, he instructs them to go back to the village and report while he deals with the Wani, urging them to hurry. As the Nezumi leaves Red-Eye makes sure he is alone and then retrieves the metal-flesh mirror and calls upon Tun. As the devil arrives he simply points at the Wani and says: "Wani, heavily poisoned, cannot move, call voice, ooze dumb as rock, almost woke up"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Tun arrives through the oil-slick sheen of brackish marsh water. He remains silent as Red-Eye speaks. He picks dirt and mulch from his naked body, like a thin but muscled human with ram horns (and no gendered parts). When the ratling has finished, he speaks on the subjects touched by Red Eye. He remains silent, and approaches the beast, floating lazily in a column of heated air. The beast twitches when Tun is near, but it doesn't seem capable of moving. Its chest heaves with long, gasping breaths, and finally Tun, satisfied with its search of the creature's mouth.

The devil conjures a whip wreathed in terrible flames that half-burn, half-ooze from it, and using the implement, pries open the beast's mouth, much to its obvious terror. The beast's muscles twitch but it seems less and less capable of moving as time goes on. "Anemone poison, Centipede poisons, very impressive, and lucky that they even worked." Tun steps back from the beast but turns to Red-eye.

"I must call my...cousin. " Tun does not wait for Red Eye to wait but instead takes branches from a tree nearby, weaves them into an oval symbol, and plunges his hands into the Wani's mouth and coats the symbol with blood. He hands it to Red-Eye, instructs him to force the symbol into a circle shape, and not to drop it no matter what. The summoning does not take long, but the sticks and the blood both boil and burn and Red-Eye takes (1d6)[1] Fire Damage as he holds the array in the correct manner.

Red-Eye sees, again, the terrible grey-furred and silver-eyed Nezumi in shiny, silver armour. Tun tells it, "This creature is beyond my ability to warp alone. Will you help me?" It nods in reply, and it draws its terrible sword and immediately attacks the trees around the Wani and begins dragging them away and starts sorting them into a pile nearby.

Tun again turns to Red-Eye and continues, "We'll need more help. You do yourself great credit, Red-Eye. We have only a few days until this beast dies from the potent toxins you've given it. You must return to the Black Spot Nezumi village and convince the scouts they must accompany you back here. Their task is not done. Do whatever you need to, promise them whatever you need to, but get them to return. We will need their help. Oh, and...we'll need 9 Nezumi, so find a few extra...volunteers.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-12-19 at 04:42 PM.

more

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking at Tun with a slight bit of apprehension at the task he is given, he replies in Nezumi while rubbing his burnt hands with spit: "Talking is not my strong suit, also there is spider venom in there as well, and I think I overloaded something while shooting the centipedes earlier."
    He then starts heading towards the Black Spot Village, hoping to catch up to the scouts before they return.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

As Red-Eye makes his way through the forest, he recognizes spots and marks on trees he's seen before, and in only a few hours' time, he's returned to the village. There's still a hubbub about the area, where the scouts are telling--in terrified detail--how the "brown-fur archer" made its kill of the beast.

The murmer of activity grinds to a halt at the appearance of the great archer. Red-Eye is aware of his muddied, dirty appearance, and of the eyes of all the Nezumi in the village, upon him. It seems, too, that in their time pursuing this creature, a number of other Nezumi, in what appears to be bark-and-leather armour, have made their way back to the village. None speak, however, and though none clutch their weapons, many have weapons ready to bear.

more