Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2018 - 10 Years of Thanksmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Batu and Div]

"Hobgoblin," Batu corrects gently. "Maybe we can sit down somewhere nice and quiet and try out some of the food and drink. It's really quite amazing."
    [Batu and Div]

"That would be great," says Div, though he can't help asking, "Did, um, I say something wrong?" He looks apologetic already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Icy Pond]

Sakura squeezes Adir's hands in a death grip. She moves with awkward shuffles, her feet sliding forward and back. There are a couple moments where Adir is entirely supporting her. "I don't know about this, honey..." Unfortunately Adir's smooth moves are lost on the distracted dryad...
    [Icy Pond]

Adir laughs, giving them both a little shake, but his voice is calm. "I said I've got you! Don't be scared."

Sakura might find herself suddenly being pulled from the ice! Adir tries to scoop her into his arms for a moment so she doesn't have to skitter so skittishly. He puffs out soft, frosty breaths, and remains balanced even with the extra weight. Adir has been having plenty of trouble with his clumsy new body these last few months. He definitely shouldn't be this confident on the ice...

His voice is at once kindly and gently goading. He teases, "Do you want to stop? I don't mind just sitting and drinking cocoa you know." His expression smooths out a little bit, becomes gentler without that dumb smirk. "I just thought it would be like dancing. You remember when we were going to learn how to dance?" That idea went away with the vast majority of their free time when they started having kids. The stag gets a dreamy look on his face, thinking on all of that.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2019-01-10 at 07:34 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins

If Cheasadh had ears like Brinika's, they'd be just as up and excited, but she doesn't. Still, her body language is just as excited, happy and over the top as Brinika's, it just doesn't have such large head-flags to signal her mood to those around her. Cheasadh's running around hugging anything she can find- goblins, Pookie, or snowman, though that one doesn't last long.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Santa's Throne]

Aly'ithra smiles. "Thank you, Santa." She'll take the wardrobe bag and fold it over her arm carefully, before getting up and rejoining her siblings. She grins at them. "Who's next?"

There's a bit of hesitation from the two drow, but then Erelae pushes her brother forward. Sornnolu stumbles a bit, and straightens himself and his clothes before stepping up to the throne. "Hello, Santa." He says, blinking owlishly. The pseudo-dragon around his neck yawns and blinks as well, focusing in on the red-headed giantess.
    Hello, Sornnolu.

What is it that your heart desires this Thanksmas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Santa Time

Oh ummmmm... Endok probably didn't even notice that he didn't give santa his name. Of course santa knows his name, how else would she check her list?

Oh, oh, can I get an ibes? I saw Osed playing one and it looked super cool Fel might not know what an ibes is. It's a sort of guitar, but made of stone with a metal frame and 15 different strings. Likely the lad just wants something that makes noise.
    While it is true that Felandria has no clue what an ibes is, the bag, in all its magicness, does.

So as she pulls it outta the bag, she pretends she knows what it is.

Ah yes......an ibes!

This is totally an ibes!

Here is your ibes, young lad.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

[Batu and Div]

Batu's ears droop slightly as they move towards a table and he starts to take his pick of the holiday food.

"No, no. It's just... I'm a hobgoblin, not a goblin. Folks back home called me a goblin, and... they didn't mean it well."

[Goblins]

Brinika and Cheasadh's exuberant joy draws the attention of the other little goblins. What are they so happy about? Two twin sisters even smaller than Brinika come to investigate. Cheasadh will recognize Agrika and Viga, daughters of one of Rapnuk's sisters.

"What's going on?" Viga squeaks as the two nearly-identical goblins approach.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins

Cheasadh's going to grab the twins into a hug. "I've got a sister!" And parents, but the sister's sticking in her mind quite a bit. Cheasadh's happy to have parents again, but she's never had a sister before. A brother, sure, but that's not the same as a sister.

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblins]

The goblin twins are hugged, Cheasadh's answer doing little to ease their confusion. Brinika is more forthcoming, though.

"My parents are going to adopt her! So she'll by my sister and your cousin!"

"Wow!"

"Awesome!"

"I didn't know they could do that. But I guess they can. Does it mean your last name will be Trollfinger?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins

"It'll be one of them. Cheasadh Dathrii Trollfinger." Gnomes don't ever discard a name. Cheasadh has her 'child' name, which is Cheasadh, and her family name- Dathrii. When she's sixteen, she'll pick an 'adult' name, which she'll probably use instead of Cheasadh, and she'll add a name every time she does something 'significant'- she gets to pick the name and the event, but if she has too many or too few nobody would take her seriously.

I didn't have Cheasadh's surname written down, and she's after my ill-advised attempt to draw a family tree for all the gnomes popping up at the time, but Dathrii is a pretty common gnome name. At least, it is for my gnomes.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Refreshments and Dragons

"I don't think I can help you. I'm no diviner, and I don't know any, really. I'm sorry." Erasmus looks genuinely regretful that he can't help. Conjuration is his specialty.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Stuff's going on right now, and I may be less available than usual the week of the 11th. Thanks for your patience.

I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Refreshments and Dragons
    "Oh," Anatya swallows hard, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. "I see."
    "Are you sure you don't know anyone. Or anyone who would know someone?" Muun asks, hoping for a lead.
    Last edited by Leostales; 2019-01-13 at 12:51 AM.
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Hark! The Angel Kidnapping

"Definitely not Skyside," Magtok nods in agreement, once he's done winning his petty little feud with a simple-minded ungulate. That's right, you creepy caribou! Keep trotting away! "Nothing good comes from on high," he declares with conviction, before some angel-shaped blur suddenly collides with him and then immediately vanishes into a portal. Holy cow, where did he go?! Who or what grabbed him? Why?!

Nightmare Before Thanksmas?

Caelynn nods in agreement and begins to reply, when suddenly angel attack! The catgirl lets out a noise of startled surprise as she stumbles back... and a second passes as she processes the sudden disappearance, her ears flattening as her face pales. "...Magtok?"
    Oh gods, this is bad, this is really bad. He- he said he still had enemies around, and his clones weren't there as a way to prevent his own mortality! What if that was one of them?!

Spoiler
    Show
    Adeste Fidelia.

"It was okay, I guess," Jenette concedes with a few soft claps, privately way more impressed than she sounds, but trying to sound cool and nonchalant about it to maintain her own aura of spectacular superhuman athleticism. Can't let her squire think Calm Reed is cooler than the ghoul knight, that would be unthinkably awful! Besides, she could totally punch the tree in exactly the same way if she studied tree-punching for the next thirty years; it's not that amazing, really.

"I think we can spare the jacket, and it's not that great of a snowman if his stick arms don't have mittens on the end, right? We could go either way on the scarf, though..." Saint Lazarus considers the matter thoughtfully, her first and foremost priority being getting some of this winter-wear on Fidelia before she gets frostbite. The snowman can wait; her squire needs to keep warm.
    [Masterful Snowman-Artisan Expertise]

"It doesn't really have much of a neck to wrap a scarf around," Calm Reed points out. Maybe the mittens and the jacket will do? She seems to have caught on to St. Laz's meaning.

Fidel Lazidad!

Was Jen really that insecure about how her squire thinks about her? Surely she must know by now that Fidelia thinks the world of her! Just because she might think Calm Reed is cooler than her doesn't mean that would change at all, or that she'd be any less impressed by the vigilante's untrained yet skilled swordsmanship and martial prowess. Besides, it's not like monks have proteges... right?

"Yes, that could work." Fidelia muses, thoughtful and unaware of the two women's motivations. "And the big hat, of course. Unless... unless you think it would look better on you?" The squire asks this with a small little smile towards Jenette.

Was... was that a joke?
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblins]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"Oooh, I didn't know gnomes also did that. We have a lot of last names too. We just don't use most of them outside family."

"That's really cool. Brinika's parents will have to go with you to the archivists."

"Yeah! And they'll write you down as part of the family in those big stone slabs."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins

"I've only got three. The name my parents gave me, the name my mother gave me and... I guess the name Brinika's mum gives me. I'll get another at sixteen. And I'll take one from the person I marry, as they'll take one of mine. And then one every time I do something impressive, like... I don't know, get a doctorate or kill a dragon, I can choose another name." Gnomes collect them. Some take a new name for their first child, but that backfires if they go on to have a large family. It causes resentment against the first-born, so it works better if they take a name for each child. And that can get long and convoluted.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblins]

"What do you mean, give you a name?" Brinika asks. "Do you mean her last name, or do you want her to give you another one?"

14. - Top - End - #464
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins

"My mother was named Alyson Fox Dathrii Shorling Istarian. She could have given me any of them, but she gave me Dathrii, which her mother gave her, and so on all the way back to the first Dathrii, who was a queen. Alyson was her adult name, which she picked at sixteen. Fox is an achievement name, she took for nursing a fox back to health after it broke a leg. Istarian was her child name, like Cheasadh is mine, and Shorling was the name she took from her husband when they married. My brother's name is Arteitheo Shorling, or it was when I last saw him. He'd be old enough to have picked an adult name and maybe an achievement one, too. I've not seen or heard from him in ages." Long enough that it'd be a surprise to some of the cousins that she's got a brother, likely. "Mum gave him Shorling, because Dathrii was a queen, and she thought that'd be odd, and because she wanted to appease Dad. In gnomes, the order doesn't really matter- I can put them in any order I want, or I will when I'm sixteen. The first name's the one I want to be used most, the last one I want used least." It's an insult to use the last name of a gnome, though usually a slight one. "Does that help?"

The idea of a name being passed down and kept purely to be passed down is not one gnomes share, though the maternity name comes close.

15. - Top - End - #465

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Devil Trigger

"Whoa, hold on. Hold on just a second. Before you say anything, just give me a moment here," Malice pleads, after suddenly and unexpectedly backpedaling away from her attempt at a hug. He pauses to catch his breath, as well as figure out exactly how he's going to word this, because he knows full well it's not going to be easy. Convincing Krystal of anything is an uphill battle when you're as routinely dishonest as our red-robed, brass-faced baddie is.

"Before you say or think anything, it's not you, it's me and my weird neuroses. I'm fine with hugs, I just...ask me ahead of time, please. If it loses something without that spontaneity, with having to think about it ahead of time, I'm sorry. AMEN had a devil queen once, a monster. I was her favorite, and she screwed me up in the head more than I already was. I guess Magtok had time to get over it since he's known for having all those girlfriends, but I was stuck in hell most of those years, so I didn't." Oof. Definitely not the reaction Krystal was expecting, I'm sure.

"That said, I don't want your pity or sympathy or help. I can manage this thing on my own. If Magtok can get over it, so can I. For now, I just want warnings about hugs. That's it. I'm still evil, obnoxious, borderline-impossible-to-deal-with Malice, and I don't want to be given any extra leeway with my trouble-making or shenanigans just because a bad thing happened once. This changes nothing," Malice insists, before looking over his presents. He seems to quietly approve of the pocketwatch and flash drive, if the small smile on his face is anything to go by, even if it takes him a moment or two to figure out what the flash drive actually is. Dated technology, but he's sure he can find a port for it somewhere, even if he needs to drill a new hole in his arm to install one.

[Devil May Cry]

Well. That was a reaction she wasn't expecting.

Krystal also wasn't expecting that very candid explanation from Malice. Big step, there.

Krystal nods a bit. Okay. I understand. No more unannounced hugs.

Then she holds her arms out, giving him a small smile. Clearly an invite for a hug.

After that, she'll nod towards the flash drive. That's got a bunch of podcasts from Jameson. Thought you might find some of them funny.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #466

[The Elf, the Angel and the Cyborg]

Boom! Out Magtok and Ithuriel emerge from the portal wherever Ambriel set up camp. Ithuriel immediately moves to firmly tug Magtok's arms behind his back with a wicked grin. "Hey Wings! Wanna show Magtok the present we got him?"

[Could this line get a Kraken move on?]

Suzie awkward shuffles along in the line, wrapping her tentacles tightly around herself in some pointless attempt to fight off the cold. All these small children and happy people and-

"Maybe I should've brought my minions along." She mumbles quietly to herself. The sooner she gets this over with, the better!
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Elfpocalypse!]

Off they go then!

The bear can't move too fast without risking Rain to fall off, but it wasn't like she was going to dash around with kids running about and adults standing around talking.
    But as they move a bit further away from everyone else, she starts picking up speed, moving through the snow with surprising grace for a bear of that size. Thus the bard better hold on tight as she is going for quite a ride as the bear actually starts chasing one of the tame reindeer's mulling about the area. She isn't going to actually attack it but tame or not, seeing a bear running towards it might cause it to flee.
    [Elfpocalypse!]

Rain yelps in surprise and pushes her hands deeper into the bear's fur, gripping tightly as the bear begins to approach the reindeer at alarming speed. Of the ways she was thinking of spending Thanksmas, holding on for dear life on a charging bear probably wasn't one of them. Once the initial surprise wears off though, she begins whooping in excitement, laughing as the bear lunges through the snow.

[Drow, Wolves, Goblins & Humans]

"Oooh. We've got big lizards too," Iknika says. "But they're really big and pretty slow. Good for carrying stuff, not people. I'd really like to ride a beetle someday. If I'm going to be the first goblin knight ever, I need a cool mount. Maybe magic can make them friendlier, too. They're pretty cranky normally."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Drow, Wolves, Goblins & Humans

"I can summon a few animals, and they're friendly. Or at least, they listen to me and do what I say. They're not quite friendly. And I can turn into animals, but... I've not really tried communicating with animals when I'm in animal shape. I've come to Thanksmas before, so I've seen the wolves, but I don't think I've come to say hello before. A beetle knight would be awesome, though I'd think cranky would probably be good. I mean, you want a mount that will protect you, right?" Natalie keeps stroking the wolf, because the fur is so deep and soft. She's not ridden anything, really. Well, a motorbike a few times, but she wasn't driving it- just clinging to the back of the person who was, keeping her eyes shut as they drove through various dimensions and occasionally through no dimensions at all.

[Tieflings, Cloves, Oranges & Looks-Like-An-Angel]

"OK, I'll see who I can find. And, um, maybe see you later?" With that, Jack's probably heading off to find someone new, if someone new is available to be found.
    [Tieflings and Oranges]

"That's a curious custom," says a voice behind Kal. If he turns around, he'll see Fayyaad, festively dressed in red and green. "An orange for a kiss? Seems the recipient was overeager, though."

"Goblin... knight?" asks Yasril, giving the nearest wolf a few more tentative pats.

[Tieflings and no longer Oranges]

Kal shrugs.

"No harm, no foul, eh?"

"Of course, this does leave me fresh out of oranges, for a handsome man like yourself."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblins]

The three little goblins listen with interest.

"That's weird. But cool," Viga says.

"It's really different from how goblins do it," Agrika adds.

"You and mom are just going to have to figure it out. You can keep getting names like other gnomes do," Brinika says. "I'm sure mom can come up with some cool name."

"Yeah!" Iknika exclaims with boisterous enthusiasm. "I met a knight, lady Eschelle, who told me all about it and I decided I want to be one. Then I met Koshal, who's also training to be a knight. My father says goblins aren't knights, but that just means I'll be the first." She looks up at Natalie. "You can't turn into a wolf anyway, can you? Someone would need to turn you into one first."

[Tieflings and no longer Oranges]

"No harm indeed, and I can't say I blame her," Fayyaad says, his tail swishing. Kal's response is certainly encouraging. "I don't have an orange either, but perhaps a holiday drink would do."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-01-13 at 11:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

Drow, Wolves, Goblins & Humans

"No, I can't do wolf. But otters are slightly social animals, and robins communicate regularly by singing at each other. But I actually meant I don't think I've ever just come up to give one strokes and fuss like this." Chameleons aren't social animals, and monkeys are really hard to find in this climate. And the less said about sloth-girl the better.

Just Goblins & Gnomes

"If I'm being adopted, I'd like the name goblins give their children. The... Family name? Gnomes don't really have anything like that. Dathrii's the closest I can think of, and I only got that because it's become traditional to pass that one on from mother to first daughter. All members of a family sharing a name seems a little... I'unno, boring? But... I still want to fit in." She wants to fit the goblin tradition of names, not just the gnome one, and the gnome's rather relaxed naming rules means it should be possible.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Barbarian in the Playground

Divine Intervention

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Nightmare Before Thanksmas?

Caelynn nods in agreement and begins to reply, when suddenly angel attack! The catgirl lets out a noise of startled surprise as she stumbles back... and a second passes as she processes the sudden disappearance, her ears flattening as her face pales. "...Magtok?"
    Oh gods, this is bad, this is really bad. He- he said he still had enemies around, and his clones weren't there as a way to prevent his own mortality! What if that was one of them?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [The Elf, the Angel and the Cyborg]

Boom! Out Magtok and Ithuriel emerge from the portal wherever Ambriel set up camp. Ithuriel immediately moves to firmly tug Magtok's arms behind his back with a wicked grin. "Hey Wings! Wanna show Magtok the present we got him?"

Magtok twists and turns in Ithuriel's grip as best as he can, which isn't very. He kicks his feet a few times too, for all the good that'll do him. This isn't his first kidnapping, and given the people involved, he already has a pretty good idea as to what's going on here. "I don't have to cooperate, you know. Whatever your silly prank is, I can just ruin it by being stubborn and obstinate and a huge pain in the neck. You can't make m-"

"It's just a costume, Magtok. And sure, fine, you can be difficult and stretch this out as long as you want. Caelynn's going to get nervous with you gone for however long you intend to make a fuss out of this, though. She's probably getting anxious right now, even. You know what could help with that, though? Giggling at your silly elf costume when you portal back next to her," Ambriel points out, showing Magtok the 'present' Ithuriel picked out. The cyborg wordlessly scowls in response, but after a moment or two to think it over, he finally stops struggling against the angel-cop. Curses, the Faction clone is right, isn't he?

Last Thanksmas, I Gave You My Hat

Spoiler
    Show
    [Masterful Snowman-Artisan Expertise]

"It doesn't really have much of a neck to wrap a scarf around," Calm Reed points out. Maybe the mittens and the jacket will do? She seems to have caught on to St. Laz's meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Fidel Lazidad!

Was Jen really that insecure about how her squire thinks about her? Surely she must know by now that Fidelia thinks the world of her! Just because she might think Calm Reed is cooler than her doesn't mean that would change at all, or that she'd be any less impressed by the vigilante's untrained yet skilled swordsmanship and martial prowess. Besides, it's not like monks have proteges... right?

"Yes, that could work." Fidelia muses, thoughtful and unaware of the two women's motivations. "And the big hat, of course. Unless... unless you think it would look better on you?" The squire asks this with a small little smile towards Jenette.

Was... was that a joke?

"Hmm. Well, I guess this is goodbye, Señor Sombrero," Saint Lazarus melodramatically sighs, and removes the sombrero from her head to place atop the snowman's instead. It's not like the cold could do anything to her anyway, being a ghoul and all. Heck, even if she wasn't a ghoul, she came prepared with a beanie on her head and everything, so she already had a hat before she even met Señor Sombrero.

Cyborg-Man: HERO OR MENACE?!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Devil May Cry]

Well. That was a reaction she wasn't expecting.

Krystal also wasn't expecting that very candid explanation from Malice. Big step, there.

Krystal nods a bit. Okay. I understand. No more unannounced hugs.

Then she holds her arms out, giving him a small smile. Clearly an invite for a hug.

After that, she'll nod towards the flash drive. That's got a bunch of podcasts from Jameson. Thought you might find some of them funny.

"Spider-Menace guy? He's the absolute best. The worst-best, I mean. He's completely awful and it's amazing," Malice gushes after the hug, genuinely surprised Krystal didn't immediately follow up all his pleas to not be pitied with a pity and sympathetic shoulder-patting. That's the standard thing for people to do in this sort of situation, isn't it? They just ignore all the insistence that you don't need pity and go ahead with their original plan anyway.

"Krystal, you probably won't ever hear this again unless I get really, really drunk. Like, blackout drunk. So drunk that you should've stopped me three bottles ago and I might need an ambulance drunk. Anyway, as I was saying, this is the only time I'm likely to ever say this, but you're the best. Not the worst-best, I mean regular best. I know it's not easy to put up with someone like me, and I try to be a little less frustrating and impossible to deal with when I can, but I really didn't expect things to work out for this long. I didn't think I could have friends. Not without playing some elaborate long-con manipulation game on them, I mean. Thanks," Malice admits, in a rare moment of candor that he doesn't immediately blame on the severed head of Grigori Rasputin.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Deviltok Avvie by Miss Nobody

21. - Top - End - #471

[Somewhere]

Ixen is still waiting for the others.

[Elsewhere]

Tovpir will wait at the edge of the area for his daugther. He won#t push her so this is just a note he is still there.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-01-14 at 03:22 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #472

[When Kraken met Krayger]

Eventually it comes to be Suzie's turn and the krakengirl hops up onto Santa Krayger's lap. "AHA! At last it is my turn! You are the giver of tribute, correct?"

Wait, no, that's not right. That's not how everyone else was doing it. If she actually wants to get anything for Marina (and maybe Alex, it depends how much tribute the giver can give), she has to do this properly. Which means swallowing her pride.

"I'm...meant to ask you nicely for stuff, aren't I? I don't really know how this works, but I want to get something nice for my minion. Minions. I made a list. I don't know how much tribute is appropriate to demand from the tribute giver." She awkwardly holds up a sheet of paper in one tentacle. And then holds it more up. And stares up at him with roughly 4/6 eyes. "Hmmph. Everyone's bigger than me now. Once I could've devoured that entire log cabin as a snack!"

[A MagElf on the MagShelf?]

"If you play along, Magtok, I'll even let you preserve your decency behind that tree over there. You could try to run, but I kinda get to cheat here. And you're definitely not strong enough to try and fight your way free. Wings is right, best just to let us have our little bit of Thanksmas fun and get it over with." Appealing to Magtok's sense of reason doesn't always end well, Ithuriel. You might actually be undoing Ambriel's work!

Nevertheless, she lets go of Magtok and nods to Ambriel to offer him the elf costume.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

[Just Goblins & Gnomes]

"Goblins have lost of family names!"

"Yeah! I'm Brinika Trollfinger-Sneergrim-Blueworm-Coldpeak. That's my mom's name, my dad's name, my dad's mom's name and my mom's dad's name," Brinika rattles off. "Dad says it's important to remember where we come from and those names help us with that. Aunt Reelshka says that's because there's so many goblins we need lots of names to keep track."

[Snow-Like-Snowmen Meditation]

"That's one stylish snowman now," Calm Reed says. "I'm sure the gods of this holiday are pleased." She may be making an assumption or two here. "Is this an effigy for one of them in particular?"

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins & Gnomes

"So... Which name's yours? For your children, if you have them." Cheasadh's curious as to whether she counts as a Trollfinger, a Sneergrim or a Trollgrim. Or Sneerfinger, for that matter. "Or is Trollfinger your mum's name like your name's Brinika?" Which would make things a bit simpler, really. "There's a lot of gnomes, too. We're all individuals, so we all have different names. There's not going to be another Cheasadh Dathrii Trollfinger, or if there is she'd have a different adult name and certainly different achievement names. Because she's someone else, she'd value different achievements and remember them differently." Somebody who helped a fox, like Cheasadh's mum, might take the name Fox, or Vulpes, or Foxhealth, or something else, or they might be a druid who helps foxes too often to memorise all of them, and instead take Elephantfoot after the time they pulled a thorn from one.

But gnomes have a much greater interest in the individual than the family, at least when I run them.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

[Just Goblins & Gnomes]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"Brinika is my name. The other names are familiy names, to tell people who my parents and grandparents are. If I ever have kids, the girls will be Trollfingers and the boys... will get their dad's name. But that's a long way off, right?"

"There's all sorts of people with different ways of naming," Viga says. "Tuskfang's dad doesn't have a family name at all! And Tuskfang says he'll get another name when he's a grown-up."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

Goblins & Gnomes

"Oh, certainly. I was just curious how it'd work." Then there's info on Tuskfang. "I'll get a new name when I'm an adult. Technically my first achievement-name." A long time ago, reaching maturity was certainly an achievement. She hasn't realised it'd probably replace Tuskfang, rather than be in addition to it.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Refreshments and Dragons

"I'm sorry, I don't know. I'm sure one won't be hard to find, though. Just go to Inside and ask around."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Stuff's going on right now, and I may be less available than usual the week of the 11th. Thanks for your patience.

I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

28. - Top - End - #478

[More at 11!]

Krystal nods, grinning. Yep, that's the guy. Hilariously bad. Love listening to his ravings.

She figured that a shoulder pat would be bad, given his distaste for contact. Might be able to work him up to it eventually. But not yet.

Krystal nods a bit, smiling. Thank you, Malice. Seriously. That means a lot.

And now I know that if I want compliments from you, I just have to get you really, really drunk.
    She grins at him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

[Santa's Throne- Nadas]

Krayger nods and takes out a long leather sheathe with a metal cap on the end.
    "Here, this should suit your needs just fine."

[Santa's Throne- Suzie]

Krayger shakes his head with a sympathetic smile.
    "Isn't changing size just the worst? Ah, anyway. Normally it's one thing per person here but if you promise it's for someone else I can probably swing you two things. So um, you're going to want to narrow that list a little bit." says the minotaur to the squidgirl.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #480
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    While it is true that Felandria has no clue what an ibes is, the bag, in all its magicness, does.

So as she pulls it outta the bag, she pretends she knows what it is.

Ah yes......an ibes!

This is totally an ibes!

Here is your ibes, young lad.
    Endok's eyes light up when he sees it, plucking the strings once or twice and letting off a discordant noise or two. There's pretty much no chance he's going to actually learn how to play it he's probably just going to use it to make loud noises.

Thanks Santa! He says, tottering off under the weight of the instrument, returning with his sister to the other children.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show