New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Spirits (and Other Related Discussions) Too

Since I still don't drink alcohol -- and this can't mean the Halloween (& related) type of discussions (as you'll find that thread here) -- There must be something else that brings the holiday (and such) spirit. I am, of course, talking about WINTER! I'm hoping we can talk about the media stuff and share stories/tales within this topic. Does anyone have "traditions" they follow, for this time of the year? Anyone want to share the stories they created? This is where we celebrate events between Thanksgiving through New Year's!

Winter holiday movies & TV are discussed here, as well. Got a favorite Winter holiday-themed ad? Share it here! Enjoy listening to Trans Siberian Orchestra's version of Carol of the Bells? Share it here! Like to draw pink unicorns bouncing on fluffy clouds and sliding down rainbows? Didn't I just tell you to share it somewhere else?

Just kidding! I've been known to stray from the topic at times, myself. Just try to add something to make it relevant (such as making it a snow-unicorn...like a snowman). So, let's have FUN!

PS: Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah! Enjoy your Turducken and/or Tofurky! And have fun counting down to the new year!
    End of line.

I am not a bot...really. I just sound like the Master Control Program that should be in charge of everything.

End of line.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Spirits (and Other Related Discussions) Too

Although food isn't really part of the Winter holidays...except Thanksgiving (and specific foods you'll find during that time)...

...That's not exactly where I was going with this. What I mean is "not holiday specific" foods aren't really a part of the Winter holidays. Anyway, just like I did with my Halloween-related remake of Queen songs and "If I Only Had a [Brain]..." song (as well as 'Twas the Eve of All Hallows"), I had fun remaking Christmas caroling songs. I'll be sharing those soon!
    End of line.

I am not a bot...really. I just sound like the Master Control Program that should be in charge of everything.

End of line.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Chanukkah, Winter Solstice, Christmas, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, New Year's

Do you eat KFC & cake for Christmas or catch a movie followed by Chinese dinner? Of course, there are plenty of other traditions for that day. How many days does your Thanksgiving leftovers last? How soon do you set-up your lights (if any)? How late do you leave them up? How many of you overspent & went bankrupt because of Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

And don't worry. I'll be posting my food songs that use Christmas carols, soon. Of course -- after checking -- I only have two of those.
    End of line.

End of line.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: The thread appears not to have any interest beyond the OP bumping it. Thread closed.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex