The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: (OOC) New Orleans by Night CtL 2E

forgot to roll 10 again
    (1d10)[5]
    10 again
    (1d10)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all,

Just as a heads up, today is a particularly busy day for me and I have my first Fellowship review meeting (where I will be told just how awful I am). Anyways, I may not be able to post today, depending on how long things go and how blown out of the water I am. I apologize for the delay.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Hey all,

Just as a heads up, today is a particularly busy day for me and I have my first Fellowship review meeting (where I will be told just how awful I am). Anyways, I may not be able to post today, depending on how long things go and how blown out of the water I am. I apologize for the delay.
    No stress, good luck with the meeting!
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you for the patience. So, waiting on Erulasto. The way the Oath would work is probably all present would have to take the Oath for it's reciprocal benefits to affect them (which may leave Kitsune out of Oath's protection... depending on how you word things). I would probably treat this as a Personal Oath as per 213, but allow all involved to take the Oath, rather than just Tom and the stranger. Please make sure you peruse the rolls regarding personal Oaths because they are more than just an agreement).

Let me know if think this is not the mechanic you are looking for though Erulasto.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Just letting everyone know that I’m not going AWOL or anythint, it’s just holiday time with a couple of kids, so posting is pretty tough. I hope to post later on tonight or tomorrow. Happy holidays if that’s your thing!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey folks!

Many apologies. Christmas time has been a whirlwind of barely-organized chaos, but now that the day itself has passed, things have begun to slip back into a comfortable routine (aside from my kids now having two weeks of holidays off school).

I hope the holidays were fantastic for all involved!
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    Hey folks!

Many apologies. Christmas time has been a whirlwind of barely-organized chaos, but now that the day itself has passed, things have begun to slip back into a comfortable routine (aside from my kids now having two weeks of holidays off school).

I hope the holidays were fantastic for all involved!
    Aw yea, I'd call this year distinctly above average for holidays

Hope everyone's in a solid place going into the new years.

8. - Top - End - #68

Hey, I know Sebastian Has Opinions about mobile phones, but does he own one? Imere's thinking about sending him a text and I don't know if he'd just straight not have one at all or if he'd have one but bitterly resent it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you for the patience, yesterday was again a particularly busy day. Getting an IC post in now.

I believe Ladorak is busy enjoying the holidays (as he should), and while I don't like taking agency away from the players, I am going to move things forward with Reggy accepting the Oath as well, as he has not posted in a number of days and I don't want things to drag.

@ER: Just a few notes about Michael's Hollow: First, without the "Easy Access" trait for OOO there can only be one location of entrance. So let's decide now if the Hollow is located in the Kitchen or upstairs in the Motley's house. Second, without the "Hidden Entry" trait, the Hollow's entrance can be located (though Michael's dot in hollow will provide a -1 modifier to find it), and worse can be entered (requires a clash of wills).

Now in regards to escaping, I don't believe the rules expect there to be a trod from the Hollow into the rest of the Hedge, though they don't explicitly say this. If you want Michael's Hollow to have a trod that leads into the rest of the Hedge I will not oppose you on this, but in my mind it makes the trod a lot less secure, as it means it can be found and accessed through the Hedge. Thoughts???
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-12-28 at 08:18 AM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hey, I know Sebastian Has Opinions about mobile phones, but does he own one? Imere's thinking about sending him a text and I don't know if he'd just straight not have one at all or if he'd have one but bitterly resent it.
    He would have one, because as a “freelancer” it might be expected for him to take calls, but he would hate it and it would probably be the oldest mode still functional.

11. - Top - End - #71

Beholder

Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you for the patience, yesterday was again a particularly busy day. Getting an IC post in now.

I believe Ladorak is busy enjoying the holidays (as he should), and while I don't like taking agency away from the players, I am going to move things forward with Reggy accepting the Oath as well, as he has not posted in a number of days and I don't want things to drag.

@ER: Just a few notes about Michael's Hollow: First, without the "Easy Access" trait for OOO there can only be one location of entrance. So let's decide now if the Hollow is located in the Kitchen or upstairs in the Motley's house. Second, without the "Hidden Entry" trait, the Hollow's entrance can be located (though Michael's dot in hollow will provide a -1 modifier to find it), and worse can be entered (requires a clash of wills).

Now in regards to escaping, I don't believe the rules expect there to be a trod from the Hollow into the rest of the Hedge, though they don't explicitly say this. If you want Michael's Hollow to have a trod that leads into the rest of the Hedge I will not oppose you on this, but in my mind it makes the trod a lot less secure, as it means it can be found and accessed through the Hedge. Thoughts???
    Those are all good points (and it’s Sebastian here - no one wants Michael around in a secret library ;) ) and ones I hadn’t thought of. I had a relatively inexpensive Hollow, only putting enough points to get everyone in. That said, there was some talk (I forget from whom) about having some Hollow points to pool. If that *is* the case, I’d prioritize the hidden access to a stable trod. If I could get both, perfect.

If there are no Hollow points free, I will obviously not have those things. The entrance would be on the second floor, I believe, probably in his room. I was under the impression though that if you climb out of a window in a Hollow, you were in the Hedge. I could have misread it though. Escape then would be more mundane.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    He would have one, because as a “freelancer” it might be expected for him to take calls, but he would hate it and it would probably be the oldest mode still functional.
    *heart emoji*

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    Those are all good points (and it’s Sebastian here - no one wants Michael around in a secret library ;) ) and ones I hadn’t thought of. I had a relatively inexpensive Hollow, only putting enough points to get everyone in. That said, there was some talk (I forget from whom) about having some Hollow points to pool. If that *is* the case, I’d prioritize the hidden access to a stable trod. If I could get both, perfect.

If there are no Hollow points free, I will obviously not have those things. The entrance would be on the second floor, I believe, probably in his room. I was under the impression though that if you climb out of a window in a Hollow, you were in the Hedge. I could have misread it though. Escape then would be more mundane.
    Lol. My bad, I knew I was going to do that sooner or later . However, in the relative immediate, I do need you to make a decision as to whether the Hollow's entrance is in the Kitchen, or upstairs, as it can't be both.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Doo doo doo. (7d10)[6][1][9][1][5][1][5](28)
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy New Year folks!

My post will be up a bit later today. We've got some sort of respiratory nastiness that hit the city and the pediatric ER is now flooded with kids!

16. - Top - End - #76

Back in the office, normal posting should resume

17. - Top - End - #77

Beholder

The entrance would be upstairs

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ok. Thank you. And I'm fine with the Hedge having service, at least for the sake of allowing the listed communication./

I'm going to give Erulasto or Ladorak a chance to respond and will otherwise move things along this afternoon.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-01-03 at 08:10 AM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

I'm here but I'm blanking on what to add IC right now

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all. I sincerely apologize. I seem to have come down with a lovely stomach flu last night, that kept me up and hugging the toilet all night. Subsequently I was pretty incapacitated today and was sent home from work. I just woke up. I think I will take the night to recover, and will post in the morning. My brain is pretty fried ATM. I apologize for the delay, and as always appreciate the patience.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Hey all. I sincerely apologize. I seem to have come down with a lovely stomach flu last night, that kept me up and hugging the toilet all night. Subsequently I was pretty incapacitated today and was sent home from work. I just woke up. I think I will take the night to recover, and will post in the morning. My brain is pretty fried ATM. I apologize for the delay, and as always appreciate the patience.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop, but seriously, take care of yourself.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you for the patience everyone. While my stomach isn't yet 100%, a good night's sleep and hydration has me feeling much better. IC post coming now.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings to you all!

I’d like to take a brief moment to touch base on the status of my time on the forums here, and the PbP games I’m involved in (in one way, shape or form).

The last couple days have been….unnerving for me. As you may, or may not know – I work in the healthcare field. I spend a great deal of time in the emergency room at one of my local, downtown hospitals. Normally, this is an adventuresome job that I absolutely love. A few days ago it became a lot more than an adventure.

We had a patient come in. He walked in of his own volition. But he was really, really messed up on something. I suspect meth, but in all honesty I don’t know. What I do know, is that after assaulting one of my coworkers he proceeded to pull a gun.

Security was fast. The cops were already present too. They had brought someone in to get checked after a drunk driving accident.

But they weren’t fast enough.

The long and the short of it is that I got shot.

The bullet entered my abdomen just below my ribs. Fortunately, since I wasn’t facing this guy face on, the bullet did more superficial damage than anything life-threatening – though it did graze my liver.

And I thought kidney stones were painful.

So I’m sitting in a bed on a morphine drip in my own hospital – as a patient this time – and I’ve been here a few days. Going to be here a few more days, and then I’m on a couple weeks bed rest.

Anyhow, I digress. This turned a lot longer than I’d expected.

I apologize for the lapse in focus lately. It’s been one thing after another. I’m hoping that with nothing to do but sleep and rest up this will allow me to get some focus back and give all you wonderful folks the attention you deserve!

I just woke up not too long ago, and I’m waiting for someone to come and check my bandages soon. Afterwords, I’ll be putting some posts up and then probably going back to sleep.

Morphine is wonderful. But it makes me really sleepy.

Thank you ALL for your patience and understanding.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    The long and the short of it is that I got shot.

I mean, for you to apologize for how getting shot has affected your speed in play-by-post games basically makes you the perfect human, but seriously,

Thanks for letting us know. Get well soon.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As mentioned elsewhere Erulasto, take all the time you need and let me know if you need time off.

I guess it's no longer raining.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So the Motley is going to leave their home now. It would be about a 15-20 minute walk to Annie's, but I will ask how the group is going to go. Are they going to walk, drive, take the trolley car, sneak... ect?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

(OOC: @Thanqol: I'd say it would be Presence + Computer or Presence + Expression, but with a negative modifier based on how quickly you want to assemble a flash mob out of nowhere. The sooner you want the flash mob to occur, probably the higher the penalty).
    What are the intervals like? Is there a meaningful difference between 30 minutes and 1 hour? I'd want it pretty soon but not, like, instantaneous. Can you give me a couple of choices so I can see what I'm working with?

28. - Top - End - #88

Beholder

I plan to post later, but what is the roll for “Hedge Topography”? I’d like to know if there’s a Trod running nearby from here.

Edit: I do have Pathfinder, so I’d be willing to step back into my hollow, use that, and then see if I can find a path going that way.
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2019-01-15 at 04:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sorry for the wait in responses.

@Thanqol: There obviously isn't a set of rules for this, so just spit balling, I'd say -5 for the next 30 minutes (I couldn't call up a friend and have them meet me somewhere in 30 minutes, let alone an entire mob of random strangers dressed in costume for a coordinated last minute event), -3 for 1 hour, -1 for 2 hours, no penalty for 3 hours from time of message.

@ER: Changelings have the ability to Portal, which means that by spending a point of Glamour, they can go through any doorway or entrance (including like manholes) and step into the Hedge. I would bet every member of the Motley is familiar with where most every door in the house opens into The Hedge, and it's surrounding trods. I'd even say probably most portals are probably Dormant in the house, which means you all wouldn't even need to spend a point of Glam till the season changes from fall to winter.

You could absolutely try to navigate the Hedge to Annie's but it won't be without danger. Pages 195 and 200 describe how this would work- essentially via a series of opposed rolls with The Hedge trying to lure the players into Arcadia while the players try to get to Annie's. The dice pool would change each turn based on the surroundings the players pass through, kind of like the chase scene we did with Michael in the Werewolf game.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Sorry for the wait in responses.

@Thanqol: There obviously isn't a set of rules for this, so just spit balling, I'd say -5 for the next 30 minutes (I couldn't call up a friend and have them meet me somewhere in 30 minutes, let alone an entire mob of random strangers dressed in costume for a coordinated last minute event), -3 for 1 hour, -1 for 2 hours, no penalty for 3 hours from time of message.
    Can't get fairer than that. Let's do 30 minutes 'cause Imere is impatient.

Presence 4+Expression 2+Fame 3+Striking Looks 2 = 11-5 =6

(6d10)[10][10][4][2][7][3](36)