New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: IC: So, How About Those Dragons?

Durnehviir visibly tenses when Wiandie makes her announcement, the changes in his countenance are easy to see. He seems to swell in size before he speaks, "Is this something you desire to do? If not then you will leave with us as planned."
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Durnehviir visibly tenses when Wiandie makes her announcement, the changes in his countenance are easy to see. He seems to swell in size before he speaks, "Is this something you desire to do? If not then you will leave with us as planned."
    ”To be honest, I didn’t want any of this. So, I might as well find the option that is least stifling to me. Letting some mages watch me seems like it will be less so that than living with the Yuan-ti. No offense to present company. Plus, so long as war breaks out, they don’t even have to do anything for me. They should view it as a win.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”To be honest, I didn’t want any of this. So, I might as well find the option that is least stifling to me. Letting some mages watch me seems like it will be less so that than living with the Yuan-ti. No offense to present company. Plus, so long as war breaks out, they don’t even have to do anything for me. They should view it as a win.”
    "As long as the choice is yours and not one you were forced to make I am fine with it."
    I like the globe warm...

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I do not like it, we should stay together, you could be used against us, as a hostage. But what do I know? Your will is your own."

Charazael seems accepting of the decision, but hurt.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm?" Wiandie tilts her head in slight confusion. "Being used against you? You've known me for three days. Surely you don't care so deeply about me that my harm would be a significant barrier to any of your goals," Wiandie says. "And like I said, on the surface, the deal is every bit as appealing as the one of the Yuan-ti, with far less binding. If things turn south, the Tabaxi don't seem to know much about me. I'm sure I could find a way to escape them and meet with you, if their words turned out to be lies."

"I suppose I should thank you for your concern," the large wyrmling says, almost as an afterthought as she sees Charazael's apparent sadness, "so thank you. You're not bound to the mountains like the Yuan-ti, so maybe visit some time." The pyroclastic dragon gives you all an awkward look, before heading out of the building.

As the air sits awkward and quiet, Mae makes her way into the building, quietly mumbling something to herself in annoyance. Metztli speaks up. "Hm... You know, we don't really need you all to travel with us on the way back. Not meaning any ill will, just noting that you all have seemed... eager to spread your wings. It will likely be an all day hike along the river for us, but you have the luxury of avoiding all that brush."

"While I would rather have the extra eyes and claws around during the hike, between the three Yuan-ti and my allies, we should be more than safe," Mae says in somewhat agreement. "It's your choice. We'll be heading out in around half an hour. Plus, flying would leave you free to hunt at your lesure on the way up."

Show

6. - Top - End - #186

Planetar

Fenrir - The Tiny Brass Dragon Wyrmling

"I haven't yet had the pleasure of feeling the wind on my wings. Speaking with the Wu-Jen Master last night has gotten me thinking about the nature of things and how connected everything can be. I think flying above the land might afford me a quiet place to think."

Fenrir walks over to Mae and bows to her slightly. In tabaxi he says, "私をWu-Jenに紹介してくれてありがとう。彼と他の長老たちによろしくお伝えください。私は彼らと再び話すのを楽 しみにしています。"
    Spoiler: Notes to the DM are never a good thing!
    Show
    "Thank you very much for introducing me to the Wu-Jen. Give my regards to him and the rest of the elders. I look forward to speaking with them again."

He unfurls his little wings and gives them a good flap, kicking up a tiny cloud of dust. He then walks outside and practices his flapping and flying in the intervening time. His first run at staying aloft doesn't go so well. He flaps his wings several times and barely gets an inch off the ground before his wing beats get out of sync and he topples to the side.

Fenrir thinks back to his conversation with the Wu-Jen. He said there were spirits in the land that you could connect with. He closes his eyes and begins to listen more intently to the nature around him. The scuff of dirt as tabaxi walk along the road. The rustle of leaves in the canopy above. And faintly the whisper of wind in his ears. The caress of it on his scales and leather of his wings. He slowly spreads his wings and lets the wind break over them. He imagines himself soaring over the jungle and begins to slowly rock from side to side as if he was really turning in the air.

Slowly the wings begin to beat. Whap...whap...whap...whap! The speed and power gradually increases until Fenrir completely lifts off the ground. He then opens his eyes and a big, goofy, grin spreads across his face. "I'm definitely going to enjoy this!"

Spoiler: How To Train Your Dragon - Flight School
    Show
    I just want to roll for roleplaying purposes!
    <10=no go on the Fen's first attempt; >10=He's a natural!
    First Time Flyer - (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2019-03-02 at 12:09 PM.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

You begin to lift into the air, your tiny form making liftoff more easy than it would be for the larger wyrmlings. As you get just above the tree canopy though, the full force of the ocean breeze grabs you and hurls you back down into the trees.

The rest of you see Fenrir step outside and eagerly begin flapping his wings and take off, and about ten seconds later hear a sound that is suspiciously like a wyrmling crashing into a tree. Fenrir takes 10 non-lethal bludgeoning damage.

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Durnehviir chuckles to himself as he follows suit. Stepping outside and spreading his wings as he leaps into the air, flaps a couple of times and rises above the trees letting the breeze lift his and push him along. Relishing the feeling it gives him.
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #189

Planetar

Fenrir shakes his head to clear his vision and peaks out from under his wing, which is currently flopped over his body haphazardly. "Nature is a fickle mistress, indeed." he says. "Wind one. Fenrir zero. Time for round two."

Fenrir rights himself and prepares to fly again. Before he can get airborne Durnheviir jumps into the sky and flies above the trees like he had been doing it for years. Fenrir rolls his eyes. "Show off." He readies himself again and flaps his wings.

Spoiler: Knock me to the ground once. Shame on you. Knock me to the ground twice...
    Show
    Brass Leader standing by - (1d20)[4]
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

10. - Top - End - #190

BlackDragon

Charazael

Charazael steps outside to contemplate the leaving of her sister. We will all leave eventually, she thinks, it is our nature. Still, she didn't think it would happen so soon, or that she'd feel so lonely or abandoned by it. She has a fierce instinct to protect the brood.

Her reverie is disturbed by Fenrir's first flight, and subsequent first crash. She helps him out of the bushes as Eldest takes flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir
    ]Fenrir shakes his head to clear his vision and peaks out from under his wing, which is currently flopped over his body haphazardly. "Nature is a fickle mistress, indeed." he says.
    "Falling is easy, getting back up again is hard. You are overthinking it," she advises," We are dragon, our flight does not make sense, it simply IS, it is not logic, it is not natural, it is supernatural, and it is our birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir
    "Wind one. Fenrir zero. Time for round two."
    Fenrir's words are bold, but his flapping is uncoordinated. Charazael takes flight to encourage him and join Eldest.

"Come, you can do it."

Spoiler: Come on Fenrir!
    Show
    Aid Another
    Last edited by Ancient; 2019-03-05 at 08:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Planetar

Fenrir watches is brother and sister flying through the air and takes Charazael's words to heart. He lets all the thinking go, and just...

Spoiler: IIIIIIIIIIII just waaaaant tooooooo FLY!
    Show
    Flya flya flya high high high! - (1d20+2)[3]

Eats it.

He shakes himself and puts on a determined face. Fenrir looks around and finds what he is looking for. A tall sturdy tree. He stomps over to it and begins to climb, his claws digging into the bark. Once at a good height where he can feel the wind in the canopy, Fenrir wiggles his hind quarters and bounds forward, leaping off the branch out into empty air!

He can feel the wind across his wings and the thrill of flight in his chest. Then he looks down...
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2019-03-05 at 03:52 PM.

Nosce te ipsum

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Durnehviir smiles to himself as he makes a big circle in the air intending to snatch Fenrir off the ground. He thinks to himself, Maybe if he will just let the wind flow underneath his wings...

Well he is a brave little one anyway.

Just as Fenrir reaches the apex of his jump Durnheviir catches him and places the little dragon on his back. "Try letting the wind flow underneath your wings, just feel it. Don't try to fly just yet."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2019-03-05 at 03:51 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

As the two of you try to help Fenrir get the hang of flying, Ymris follows you out. "T'would seem our guides and new allies hath permitted us to soar the skies without them." The crystal dragon stretches their wings, and with a bit of a running start, takes off and glides over the ground, getting comfortable with the feeling of being aloft before slowly ascending, adjusting to the feeling of the wind as they clear the treetops.

Soon, Fenrir too gets the hang of flight enough that he feels comfortable at least staying just above the treetops. The four of you make your way out of Kawazawa, flying over the walls that separate the main town from the outlying lands. Before you is nothing but trees for several miles, the mountain range just barely visible in the hazy air. Behind you, you can see the ocean, stretching out to the horizon like its own blue forest. The only other differing sight is a faint trail of smoke to the east coming from its own mountain, impressively large even from this distance. Fenris finds himself wondering if that could be the mountain that the name "Trickster of the Mountain" referred to.

Thankfully, your flight is fast, and more importantly, safe. Nothing from the forests below you seems to bother you, and nothing larger than a few birds seems to take to the air, not that you could see or hear, anyway. Eventually, you reach the cave mouth that you exited from yesterday morning. A single Yuan-ti stands guard, and waves you in, getting out of the way as the larger Durnehviir comes in for a landing.

As you are walked back to the city within the mountains, you see Itzcoatl waiting for you at the city gate. The Most Blessed greets you with a jovial tone. "Well! I didn't expect you all back so soon! Tell me, does this mean that you were successful?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Durnehviir snorts a small puff of smoke out his nose as he walks past Itzcoatl, Or perhaps you had hoped for a different outcome, he thinks to himself as he passes.
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

The high priest looks slightly confused as Durn walks by him. “Is he not well? Did something go wrong? Where is the craggy one, ah...” he pauses as he looks for the name, “Wiandie, I believe.”

Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Planetar

"Oh, him? He's fine. He's probably just miffed that he had to stop flying. Nothing untoward happened while we were in the care of the tabaxi. We were able to broker a tentative peace with Kawazawa. Now we need only wait for the other tabaxi tribes to agree."

Fenrir lays out the details of the agreement to Itzcoatl.

"Sister Wiandie was asked by the learned of the Kawazawa to stay, so they could study her unique origins and biology. She agreed, and we had no objections to her staying. Though it is hard to part ways so soon, this gives us a direct link to the tabaxi peoples. Hopefully, she will continue to cultivate good will."

Nosce te ipsum

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Itzcoatl nods. "Uh-huh..." though his voice suggests that he doesn't entirely believe that explanation. "Regardless!" he says, joy returning to his voice, "I am pleased that the Tabaxi were willing to negotiate with you when our attempts had failed. Hopefully the other clans are willing to listen to their kin and we may see a long, productive relationship with our furred neighbors! I am... slightly disappointed, that meetings between our and their clergy will be severely limited, but perhaps that is for the best early on, especially if that served as one of their major concerns in the first place... Perhaps living by example will change minds where active proselytization would fail and create resentment.

"Well, I will see to it that construction begins on a chancery,"
    he says, giving a look to one of the Middle Blessed that stands at his side. Without a word, the snake-headed man jogs off, apparently taking the suggestion as an order.

"So, Wiandie has decided to take up residence with the Tabaxi, supposedly with the suggestion that she could work as a spy... Interesting. I'm not mad, do not worry, but... be cautious. A dog that breeds with wolves does not birth more dogs, so they say up north. If you would, could you keep an eye on her?"

Show

18. - Top - End - #198

BlackDragon

Charazael

Charazael bristles a bit, ever protective of the brood.
    Be assured, Itzcoatl, Dragons are neither wolf nor dog, and we will keep an eye on our own.
    Her tone softens.
    Your servant, Metzli, acquitted himself well, both in battle and at the negotiation table. His talents should be of greater use to you in the future.
    Last edited by Ancient; 2019-03-10 at 01:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Itzcoatl smiles a little. "Good, good! I'm happy to hear that he proved his worth. I will be sure to speak to him when he and the others return. Is there anything else, to report or otherwise?"

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Fenrir
    Of all your siblings, you find yourself the busiest, flying to and from Kawazawa every few days. Within the first few days after the Tabaxi and Yuan-ti formalize their agreement, you are able to convince the Yuan-ti of the worthwhileness of working with the Tabaxi Hunters, but are unable to convince the Tabaxi of the same. The Yuan-ti already seem eager to join their neighbors in numerous ways, though. You figure that they will likely continue to pursue this avenue in the future, even without further prompting from you. The Tabaxi are still wary, however, of the new inhabitants of their island. One reason you suspect strong resistance is the quasi-religious nature of the role of Hunter. While you are unsuccessful, this information may prove helpful to the Yuan-ti if you wish to further assist them in joining the hunters.

Still, your time spent traveling to the nearby Tabaxi lands is not entirely wasted. You speak with the Wu-Jen and discuss what little you remember mother teaching you regarding magic. Your interest with nature causes you to be paired with a young shaman named Suii, who seems to have a good deal of magical knack. You gain more insight into natural magic, and her way of magic feels far more intuitive to you than that of the more studious Wu-Jen, though you still cannot manage a spell. The two of you strike up a rather solid friendship, and soon you find yourself making your treks through the forest with a second set of eyes, as well as a local guide. Though you try to focus on her lessons about nature, you spend more of your time avoiding conflict with local wildlife (and some less than natural beasts) than you do studying them, it sometimes seems.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    The Yuan-ti are not permitted to join the Hunters.

You have a Tabaxi ally (Suii) who is generally willing to help you locally on the island.

You are now familiar with bats, boars, hawks, rats (including dire), ravens, snakes (all standard varieties up to medium size), toads (including dire), wolves, fish (in general), manta rays, and similar animals. If you are unsure about a specific animal, feel free to ask. As a general rule, the most useful combat forms you have seen are boars, dire rat, medium snakes, wolves, and dire toads.

Durnehviir
    Your focus on hunting and in general harassing the local wildlife makes you a useful ally to the Yuan-ti, who waste no time sending parties into the forest and jungle to begin the process of making the land safe for settling. While you don’t find much in the way of ruins or wealth, you do find a rather surprising amount of undead throughout the forests. Though no match for your sharp claws and powerful flames, you do wonder briefly at what the possible origin of these abominations could be. After all, the Tabaxi said that their god was a god of healing and positive energy. Still, it doesn’t matter, and you quickly find yourself more interested in taking down the more challenging prey that is wights, ghasts, and ghouls, than the simple minded boars, snakes, and other animals that server as naught but food. Soon you begin to get a reputation, the nickname Wight Slayer becoming a popular epithet.
    Show
    You gain 2000 XP, and 576 GP, 450 SP, 1457 CP, and 462 GP in gems

Ymrys
    Your presence is generally welcome among the scholars, though it takes a little time to get used to a wyrmling sitting in on the meetings. While initially the meetings between Yuan-ti and Tabaxi focus on differing understandings of arcane theory, you rather quickly become the topic of interest. While psionic individuals exist in both cultures, the Yuan-ti tend to be more knowledgeable in the area. While everyone present is relatively knowledgeable of dragons and their kind, you’re rather surprised that nobody really seems sure what variety of dragon you fall under. Your scales have the wrong sheen to be a white dragon, and while you are similarly shaped to a brass dragons like Fenrir, again, coloration is completely wrong. Eventually, one of the Tabaxi, somewhat absentmindedly, mentions “It is as though she has been left out to bleach in the sun.” Amid mild chuckles, one of the Yuan-ti mages seems struck by inspiration. With your permission, the mage casts a spell that you speculate as being some form of identifying spell. “Hm… interesting.” The man leaves the room quickly, and returns with several maps. “Bleached, yes? But, what if not by sunlight or chemical means, but…” he mumbles as he flips through maps of nations and continents, before finding one that reads ‘Blue Mountains.’ “What if it was psionic energy that bleached her, instead?” At that, some of the Tabaxi speak up. “That’s possible. Our own research with one of these dragons suggests that her own origin is not exactly normal, either. Much of her biology suggest that she is a red dragon, and yet not more than a glance would tell you otherwise. As far as we can tell,” the Tabaxi says, speaking to everyone but looking to you, “You and your friend are, if not new, previously unknown forms of dragon, shaped by the environment that your eggs were stored in.”

Compared to the above, the rest of the discussions you listen to are almost mundane - exchange of more technical knowledge seems reserved on both sides at first, but funny enough, both sides seem to bond a little as the discovery of your unusual nature, and soon discussions become more in-depth and friendly between the groups. You feel like this could be the start of something really good.
    Show
    In addition to the above information, relations between the Tabaxi and Yuan-ti have improved. It will be more difficult for them to sour over time.

Spoiler: Those above
    Show
    You may age yourselves up, now.

Charazael
    You spend much of your time flying over the island, seeking out a potential lair location - somewhere away from settled lands, but close enough that you might still demand tributes from the locals. After around a year, you at least have a good idea of the lands as a whole, and where the Tabaxi live and leave alone. The whole Northeastern portion of the island is sparsely populated, even by the already sparse standards of the Tabaxi. One area that really jumps out at you as perfect is a low, flat volcano on the south eastern end of the island. The area is forbidding enough to suggest that you are a powerful being not to be trifled with, yet not so imposing that your lessers would complain to much about the trip necessary to pay their respects to the true lord of this island.

In the coming weeks, you survey the land around it - good animal population, beautiful scenery, few holes for pesky locals to stumble in (but just enough to have designated points of entry, or easy escape routes). Finally, you decide to dive into the slightly smoking caldera. Below you, lava sits, pooled around a large, dry stone of red hot, floating pumice.

As you slow down and land on the stone, you feel a sudden surge of arcane energy course through your limbs as the wind is thoroughly knocked out of you. As you sit there dazed, you look around and as your eyes adjust to the smokey air. What initially seemed like an empty volcano was in actuality... not so empty. Above the lava, you see what almost appear to be shelves, with gold, silver, copper, and platinum coins sitting in large piles. On another, you see gems, some as big as your body. The more you look around, the more you see old suits of armor, some what you assume are magical pieces of gear, given the fact that many of the items are made of wood or leather and yet appear unharmed by the heat.

As the weakness leaves your body, you look back toward the center of the floating pumice stone and see... a Tabaxi? You blink several times and sure enough, in the caldera of this volcano, on a pumice stone that is glowing red with the heat of the lava it floats on, is a plainly clothed, calico Tabaxi, looking somewhat quizzically right back at you.

Show

21. - Top - End - #201

BlackDragon

Charazael
    You spend much of your time flying over the island, seeking out a potential lair location - somewhere away from settled lands, but close enough that you might still demand tributes from the locals. After around a year, you at least have a good idea of the lands as a whole, and where the Tabaxi live and leave alone. The whole Northeastern portion of the island is sparsely populated, even by the already sparse standards of the Tabaxi. One area that really jumps out at you as perfect is a low, flat volcano on the south eastern end of the island. The area is forbidding enough to suggest that you are a powerful being not to be trifled with, yet not so imposing that your lessers would complain to much about the trip necessary to pay their respects to the true lord of this island.

In the coming weeks, you survey the land around it - good animal population, beautiful scenery, few holes for pesky locals to stumble in (but just enough to have designated points of entry, or easy escape routes). Finally, you decide to dive into the slightly smoking caldera. Below you, lava sits, pooled around a large, dry stone of red hot, floating pumice.

As you slow down and land on the stone, you feel a sudden surge of arcane energy course through your limbs as the wind is thoroughly knocked out of you. As you sit there dazed, you look around and as your eyes adjust to the smokey air. What initially seemed like an empty volcano was in actuality... not so empty. Above the lava, you see what almost appear to be shelves, with gold, silver, copper, and platinum coins sitting in large piles. On another, you see gems, some as big as your body. The more you look around, the more you see old suits of armor, some what you assume are magical pieces of gear, given the fact that many of the items are made of wood or leather and yet appear unharmed by the heat.

As the weakness leaves your body, you look back toward the center of the floating pumice stone and see... a Tabaxi? You blink several times and sure enough, in the caldera of this volcano, on a pumice stone that is glowing red with the heat of the lava it floats on, is a plainly clothed, calico Tabaxi, looking somewhat quizzically right back at you.
    Greetings, I am Charazael, you look out of place, yet I have a sense you are right at home.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

The Tabaxi looks at you with amusement, and though her accent reminds you heavily of the Tabaxi, even more than Mae when she spoke, in Draconic she replies, ”Yes, and why should I not? This island is home to the Tabaxi, after all...

“Charazael, you call yourself? Tell me, little Char-y,”
    she says, squatting down so that her head is at your level. Her eyes narrow, but her mischievous smile remains wide. “What brings you into my land?” You notice that though she seems to wear nothing more than plain cloths, around her neck sits a thin, metal chain, that goes down into her shirt. Where the necklace ends, you see the outline of a thin dagger gently pressing against the cloth.

Show

23. - Top - End - #203

BlackDragon

Charazael

Charazael twitches slightly at the mispronunciation of her name, but something about this one sets her scales on edge.

"I am but a hatchling, learning her boundaries. Your land, is quite beautiful, ideal even, and the decor is FABULOUS. And your taste in jewelry is intriguing, why hide such a gem? I had no idea I would encounter a Tabaxi here, they seem to prefer the wet and the mud to stone and heat."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

"Why? Because collecting is fun, but there are thieves in this world. Besides, your kind more than anyone should know the value in protecting treasure," she says, boopping your nose on the word 'your.'

"The Tabaxi are a varied people. If you think that the wet and mud is to be preferred, you must have met those in Kawazawa. Or maybe Yamazawa, though they prefer the highlands to the lowlands, so... yes, Kawazawa it must be. But no, it is simply that clan who has made their home there. Tabaxi have made homes in the mountains, planes, and forests of this island, just as well as the swamps... Hm...

"So, little Char-y, I'm glad you like my home. However... That wouldn't be a hint of envy I hear in your voice, would it?"
    While her words are friendly, her eyes still have not left yours, and seem to aggressively follow your gaze as you continue to look around the room.

Show

25. - Top - End - #205

BlackDragon

Charazael

Envy is not the word I would use, admiration is more appropriate.

Her gaze flickers to the pendant.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

”Good,” she says, eyes following your own. Her smile shifts to the side slightly, more cocky than amused, “because I would hate to have to tattle on you for trying to take my stuff.~”

She looks at you, as if trying to piece something together. Her hunters seem to trace lines in the air, not like the spells that you have occasionally seen cast, it more like she’s visually organizing thoughts. “Tell the others that you all can settle yourselves wherever you want on the island that isn’t my volcano. While all of it is mine, consider yourselves... tenants. Little ones after all need some help getting started in the world, whether Tabaxi or dragon. Keep me amused with your antics like you have been, little Char-y, and I won’t even charge you coin! You can build your hoards up in safety, I can have some entertainment in this somewhat stagnant, backwater island.” She offers a paw out to you. ”Oh, and if you ever enter my home again without permission, I will flay you alive. So, seem like a fair deal?~”
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-03-12 at 11:25 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #207

BlackDragon

Charazael

Charazael smiles cautiously, and takes the paw in her hand.

A most generous offer. And what may I call you, friend?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

She grips your claw firmly. ”I suppose that’s fair, little Chara-y. The Tabaxi call me Yama no Itazuramono. The Yuan-ti call me Tepe-iztlacatini. But, I suppose in Draconic, those would both roughly translate to ‘Trickster of the Mountain.’” Before you can speak further, you are surrounded in a bright flash of light, and filled with a feeling that your entire form has been forcibly shoved through a tiny, confined space. For a moment, you see a dark sky with uncountably many stars in the distance, before a feeling like being gripped tightly yanks you down, and you find yourself back at the cave entrance to Huizlhuicaapetl, smelling slightly of sulphur still, but otherwise unharmed.

Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Planetar

Fenrir - The Very Young, Tiny, Brass Dragon

When Charazael returned with news of the Trickster of the Mountain, Fenrir's curiosity hits an all time high! He runs to find Suii and tells her of his plan to speak with the Trickster. He asks if she will accompany him to one of the entrances to the Trickster's Mountain. It would be a bit of a journey, so Suii fills a backpack for herself.

As they head out of Kawazawa the sense of adventure fills Fenrir, while Suii feels more apprehension. "Fraidy cat!" Fenrir jokes. "Just think! We'll get to meet the Trickster of the Mountain! Think of all the things she will know. All the guidance she could give us in our current situation. Wow!"

As they make their way through the jungle and to the base of Kyama Mountain, Fenrir wonders what he will say to the Trickster when he meets her. All too soon, they come upon one of the entrances to the mountain. Fenrir is unsure of what to do, but remembers his sister saying something about "entering without permission" and "being flayed alive". So he opts for the "not flayed" route.

He speaks loudly into the cave entrance as if it were a large mouthpiece meant for communication. "Excuse me. Yama no Itazuramono? Trickster of the Mountain? My sister, Charazael, spoke with you recently. My name is Fenrir. I was wondering if I might speak with you, as well. Of all my siblings I am likely the most curious. And as you have been alive for a long time, I felt that speaking with you would be a great privilege and honor. To hear what you have to say about our current situation and to learn from she who brokered the first peace between the yuan-ti and tabaxi."

Fenrir waits with baited breath for an answer not knowing whether the Trickster could hear him or not.

Nosce te ipsum

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

There is silence as your words echo around the mountain. Suii looks around, and notices some writing in Tabaxi near one of the cave entrances. Place hand on rune, speak. No more than 25 words.

Suii carefully examines the rune, curious. ”Fenrir, it’s... weird. I’ve never seen Draconic written this way. The words are right, but the form is... rather poetic, almost. We don’t write down our spells this way. It’s... it has a few characters that suggest sending messages far off, but there’s so many more characters that I don’t recognize being used that way... If I am reading this correctly... it basically lets us message someone, presumably Yama no Itazuramono. It’s sort of like if someone made a magical trap, but set it to send a message, rather than, you know, explode or kill someone.” As she talks her way through examination, she seems to get more confident in her assessment.

“Well, want to give it a try?”

Show