The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 964
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Rise of the Runelords IC

    Welcome to Sandpoint
    Please stop to see yourself as we see you.


    The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive, and several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts, and souvenirs are there to meet them.

    The turnout for the opening speeches is quite respectable, and the four keynote speakers each deliver short but well-received welcomes to the festival. Mayor Deverin's friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town and jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, the local tanner (and notorious workaholic) managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend, much to everyone's amusement (except Larz's). SheriffBelor Hemlock brings the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening's bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town's previous church several years ago. The next speaker is scheduled to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu, but a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony (this isn't something that surprises the locals, given Lonjiku's well-known dislike of frivolity and festivals). Sandpoint's own showman Cyrdak Drokkus is more than up to the challenge ofbringing the crowd's mood back up with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap ofthe long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self-promotion at the end, as is his wont, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of "The Harpy's Curse", revealing that the lead role of Avis era the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda! Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

    Numerous games and contests take place during the day, including sack races, games of hide-and-seek, weight-lifting challenges, balance beam contests, tug-of-war events, and the like.

    At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon's cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna - a furious storm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

    Lunch is provided free, at the expense of Sandpoint's taverns. Each brings its best dishes - curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead from Rusty Dragon, lobster chowder from Hagfish, peppercorn venison from White Deer, as well as various other stuff.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Silna may have arrived in the previous evening or will be in town just before noon. Justin might be on or off duty, mention which and keep it in mind writing your post. Everyone who has heavy gear or packs and/or shields and/or unwieldy weapons please note in your posts what you did/do with them (yes, Lizuga, I am looking at you).

    Those participating in the games should describe it and roll something appropriate (Acrobatics modified for speed jike jumping for sack races, plain Acrobatics for balance beam contests, Stealth for hide and/or Perception for seek, MaxLoad d20 for weight-lifting, Strength for tug-of-war, Climb for pole-climbing etc.). All in all, there is 9 hours worth of actions with the only caveat that you must be on town square before sunset when the consecration is scheduled to take place.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    A slender and rosy-cheeked halfling with a foreign looking and weathered looking petasos - some kind of ancient travelling hat - checked in at the Rusty Dragon with his pet donkey Aristotle. Having only arrived yesterday, the Halfling rose to a late breakfast and slowly meandered towards the festivities. Tests of skills and strength did not garner his interest. Not even the pie eating contest did. Eating was to relax, and to talk over, not to destroy as much food as quickly has he can. He was here to get to know people better, to learn about the city, and to learn about the upcoming magic ritual. Even though not his type of magic at all, abjuration magic was probably the easiest school of magic to apply to "everyday life". His masters would be so pleased with his research. To consecrate a chapel this size you must need good preparation and cannot waver on the details of the spell. However without famous or important friends, it was almost impossible to get to know the guiding priest, to be able to ask a few questions.

    Adalbert wandered around a bit more, sometimes telling a handful of kids about how important Shelyn was in the salvation of the early world by Shelyn, and how the mysterious Ng might have warped reality to aid her, how Ng was the one responsible for bringing the elves to Golarion and how every question ever asked would be answered when they'd finally understand the deity known as Ng, and revered it as a true god. Some kids listened to the whole story, but quite a few went South after the first ten minutes, Adalbert just droned on and on about his favorite deities. Loosing his audience's interest, the small graduate student advanced to the food tents. Truly his favorite thing was to eat. You could not see it that much. After all Adalbert preferred expensive cuisine, or have the blandest thing there was - and the last few months were not kind to him. Almost broke, he had to resort to old tricks he learned from former halfling slaves. Rationing food, defaulting to the cheapest foodstuff available, just a normal meal every once in a week to prevent major digestive problems. Here he was, and here he hoped he would finally make it.

    To celebrate finally reaching Sandpoint, he bought a bunch of food items, intending to sample everything but to share the rest with interesting people.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+7)[11] about Shelyn and Ng
    Perform (Oratory)(1d20+3)[9] to make it into interesting stories about them
    Perception (1d20+3)[8] to pay attention to my coin bag
    I'll need to pay for stabling a donkey, for the first two nights in Ameiko's inn (quality unknown) and for a few portions of the festival's foodstuffs
    I do only have a knife as far as weapons go, and my gear is in my room at the inn.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    A storm battered ship pulls into dock. The crew work to secure the ship, and once that is complete and the captain gives some orders, they slowly start to disperse into festival crowd. Among them is a young Garundi named Lebwen, in a simple outfit of blues and greens. Looking more fit for the road than a festival he has a backpack that might very well carry everything he owns. After a while of wandering the stalls and checking out the crowd he takes the sword from his belt and secures it to his backpack.

    As the Festival starts, he listens to the speakers. Once they finish, he heads out to check out the activities. He has the lobster for lunch and seems quite pleased with it. He then makes his way back to the cathedral and donates a few silver to church with a quick blessing to Lady Luck.

    After that heads back to the stalls and looks around for a while, eventually buying a simple butterfly souvenir from a local vendor.

    Then he heads to the games and tries tug-of-war and does pretty good. He tries one more time and this time just before the game starts he casts a spell and grows larger, but is clumsy in the larger form and doesn’t do any better. Lebwen then tries to pole climbing but gets a mediocre result. After a bit of watching he decides to try the balance beam where he slips and falls on his back two steps in, and looking a little embarrassed leaves the gaming area.

    As the evening sets on he has some more food, gets a mead, and makes small talk with various locals.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+3)[15] for the first tug-of-war
    (1d20+4)[13] after the enlarge person
    (1d20+5)[11] for the pole climbing, including ACP
    (1d20-1)[1] for the balance beam
    I'm also just assuming I know Desna, being a major deity and focused on luck and travel, would be well known
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-11-26 at 01:04 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga carries her gear with her; after all, it's not that heavy - to her. She has her long warhammer slung across her shoulders, with her armor bundled on one end and her backpack on the other, like a makeshift yoke. Her javelins are strapped to her back, but put on the ground when she needs her full mobility.

    "It seems like I picked the perfect day to arrive", she thinks to herself. "It's not likely that whoever is in charge of defenses here is going to want to spend their feastday on showing me around. I should, in fact, enjoy myself. And it's a lovely day, I can sleep outside if the inns are full." . As she is thinking this to herself, she passes the wrestling ring, where two young, sweaty men are going at each other, alternating between laughter and grunts. "Or maybe I can still sleep inside...." - she blushes at herself.

    She participates in tall-tale-telling Untrained perform - (1d20-2)[0], plays tag with the children (she is great at cornering and grabbing them: Profession: Shepherd - (1d20+7)[12], but not so great at evasion herself Dex - (1d20+1)[3]), and tug-of-war Str - (1d20+4)[20].

    As the evening approaches, she gravitates towards the consecration, because everyone else seems to be going there. She drops her pack on the ground and leans on her lucerne hammer like a walking staff, to avoid accidentally bumping anyone with the pointy metal head.

    (OOC note: Lizuga is not wearing her armor or shield)
    Semper ludens.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justen

    The day of the festival had arrived, and that old goat of a sheriff had put him on guard duty. And on a day Shalelu was in town, he had been going to impress her.

    Justen, a tall young lad, more lithe than muscular stood at the gates later. His swords in their crossed sheaths on his back and a staff in his hand to keep the peace. He watched sadly from the gates and the edge of the crowd as the festivities raged stopping to speak with friends and try a few bits of food here and there.

    The ship arriving had been a surprise but him and Wulf had walked down and despite the crew looking villainous, none had caused trouble so far. A short lass with a long hammer winning the tug of war also caught his eye but before he could approach her a couple of the local Scazerni lads had started fighting and needed to be broken up.

    At noon he joined the throng heading to the town square, excited to see Father Zantus open the church he's been building for so long. The speeches were good although he was sad his uncle was absent again but trying to tell the old man to get on better with the town was an argument long since given up.

    He watched the wrestling, the races and the like during the afternoon, often with a bun or meat skewer in hand and mingled happily, his ribbon wrapped staff marking him as a guard but he spent more time directing out of towners than fixing trouble.

    As sunset drew down he walked back to the square, a mug of beer from his aunt in hand. He was looking forward to the consecration as that coincided with the end of his shift and he looked forward to an evening in the Rusty Dragon. Standing at the back of the crowd, staff leant on the wall he waited for the ceremony to begin
    Last edited by DrK; 2018-11-26 at 03:36 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert sees the tired and bored guardsman. Normal people or even adventurers would not give town guards even a slightest bit of attention or respect. But then again, Adalbert was no normal adventurer. Guards see everything. They meet people, and they're some of the most interesting people. As it nears dawn, Adalbert simply doesn't ask but holds a plate of assorted left-overs in Justen's general direction.

    You look hungry, kid. I am Adalbert Hornwood, nice to meet you. You might not know me yet but I am a scholar from a far away city-state, cornered by Chelish navy.

    I am from far away to study this kind of magic, you know. I abhor magic for combative reasons but I feel like fire-proofing our ships against the damned diabolists would be a smart thing to do? A real tragedy happened here. A shame, really.


    In between sentences he just tries to offer Justen various delicacies. He waves his little hands for a bit chanting something in a weird mishmash of different languages. The cold food begins steaming again, and the plate hovers discreetly at a comfortable height for the young man.

    Haven't I seen you in the Rusty Dragon before? Are you dating Ameiko? She is kind of cute in a weird and resolute way. But we cannot see eye to eye. My intellect is simply to great for her rural mind.

    This fair is great. But have you seen the Garundi guy cheat at the tug-o-war? He had his comeuppance at the balance beam though. Still, keep an eye on her. Who goes to a festival with a warhammer? I mean honestly.


    If you let him, Adalbert prattles on about how his superior is a respectable man even if a bit misaligned with the institute's goal of researching actually applicable arcane magic, and how Sandpoint is so incredibly friendly despite having suffered so much in the past. You can really feel he is trying to be friendly and respectful but often his inquisitive mind prompts him to ask even more questions while in return answering things no one even ever asked him.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    The evening before the festival

    The journey to Sandpoint went a bit slower than Silna would have liked, but she did manage to get the old priest, Elder Drakhnor, all the way to Sandpoint the night before the festival. Unfortunately, she spent a bit more on the way than she would have liked, using up her fee. I've got to start charging more, she thinks to herself.

    The stocky, beardless dwarf with long braids of auburn hair decides to make the best of her situation, procuring a mug of ale at the Rusty Dragon before heading back out of town to camp outside. There's a peace to the outdoors at night, and Silna is quite comfortable sleeping on a bedroll. All the same, she'll try to make some coin on the morrow.


    The day of the festival

    The next day, Silna joins the throngs entering Sandpoint for the festival. After a few concerned looks, she haggles a vendor for some sackcloth and fashions a crude cover for her greataxe.

    She's not usually one to play games, but then she figures she might as well try her luck at something. So she tries her hand at tug-of-war. "Bet you a pint I win this thing," she bellows at her challenger.

    Unfortunately, it being a festival day means she probably won't find anyone looking to hire a weaponsmith worker for the week, so she gives up on making coin for another day. Free lunch is, of course, a great boon, and the general merriment is a nice change of pace from the road. Silna decides to head to this temple consecration, since that's what brought her to town. She's not one for the speeches, though, instead taking to people-watching, and spotting the local wildlife feeding on a feast of crumbs.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tug of War - (1d20+3)[17]
    Perception - (1d20+5)[18] as she's people-watching during the festival, in case something's going down.
    Also spent 4 cp on an ale, and 1 sp on a sack, unless she can nab one for less (not sure what to roll for that, but here's a d20: (1d20)[8].

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    As crowd gathers in the town square, Father Zantus takes the stage to begin his speech. He zaps something like a thunderstone to attract attention. A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, an d suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises*high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts an d something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp an d then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

    Three of these guys emerge from between the houses to the north of town square, but the screams seem to come from more than one place.


    Spoiler: Silna
    Show
    The song is in Goblin. It goes something like this:

    Goblins chew and goblins bite,
    Goblins cut and goblins fight.
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!
    Goblins race and goblins jump.
    Goblins slash and goblins bump.
    Burn the skin and mash the head,
    Goblins here and you be dead!
    Chase the baby, catch the pup.
    Bonk the head to shut it up.
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!
    Spoiler: Everyone local OR Know (local) 10
    Show
    These are goblins. You know what a goblin is.
    Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Initiative:
    Goblins: (1d20+6)[18]
    Adalbert: (1d20+4)[24]
    Justin: (1d20+4)[23]
    Lebwen: (1d20+0)[14]
    Lizuga: (1d20+1)[13]
    Silna: (1d20+2)[6]
    Townfolk: (1d20)[1]



    Squares occupied by crowds of townssfolk are difficult terrain (x2 movement cost) and provide soft cover.

    => Adalbert and Justin
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-11-26 at 11:50 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    I don't know what you are, but we will stop you monsters... Adalbert looks them fiercely in the eye, then looks up th Justin. Right, my friend? and pushes the town guard forward. the bard then starts climbing the nearest low rooftop. If I see more, I can coordinate. I am of no use in combat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to get onto G6 or better G5 if I have enough movement left.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    You look hungry, kid. I am Adalbert Hornwood, nice to meet you. You might not know me yet but I am a scholar from a far away city-state, cornered by Chelish navy.

    I am from far away to study this kind of magic, you know. I abhor magic for combative reasons but I feel like fire-proofing our ships against the damned diabolists would be a smart thing to do? A real tragedy happened here. A shame, really.

    Haven't I seen you in the Rusty Dragon before? Are you dating Ameiko? She is kind of cute in a weird and resolute way. But we cannot see eye to eye. My intellect is simply to great for her rural mind.
    This fair is great. But have you seen the Garundi guy cheat at the tug-o-war? He had his comeuppance at the balance beam though. Still, keep an eye on her. Who goes to a festival with a warhammer? I mean honestly.
    Justen stops and happily accepts a cake from the small halfling, initially thinking it was a child he starts when he realises the halfling is likely older than him. He tries to answer the tirade of questions, "Eh, thanks Master Hornwood. Welcome to Sandpoint..." at the mention of Ameiko he scowls, "Ahem, she is my aunt Master Hornwood, nothing like that...." The answers a cut short as the three goblins appear from the houses, "GOBLINS!" Justen roars as he throws the pie aside and leaps into action!

    "Come on then..." he shouts to the nearest ones as he rolls forward darting between the startled screaming woman and the wagon, drawing a blade before he lunges forward savagely, seeking to skewer both of the little green blights in a single savage thrust!


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Swift: Enter stance
    Move: Move to J8 via I9 drawing blade
    Standard: Piercing thrust vs goblins in K8, L7 (attack 2 adjacent beasts, +5ft reach)
    - Use same attack vs both creatures (1d20+5)[10] damage (2d6+4)[9]

    AC 18 (FF 14, Touch 14)
    HPs 12/12 Saves +4/4/0

    Stance: Reaching Blade stance (+1d6 damage, first attack gets +5ft reach)
    Readied: Swift claws, Flowing Creek, Leaping Dragon, Piercing Strike


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert tries to climb up the wall of the barn, but does not manage to get any height from the ground. Then he realizes he can ease the climbing if he is to brace against the wall of the house so readily standing for him right beside the barn, but does not have enough movement left to put that plan into action.

    Justin leaps into action, bravely putting himself against three goblins. He stabs at two of them, but does not manage to connect. In fact, the goblin farther from him does not even seem to notice he was being attacked, being too busy stabbing a fat man next to him right in the bronze belt buckle. The goblin curses in his language while the other two laugh and stab at Justin, one of them succeeding in inflicting a wound for 4 damage and grabbing a pie from the adjacent food cart.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Climbing: (1d20-1)[0] vs DC of either 5 or 21 (I went with the later)

    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[8] for (1d4+1)[4] vs Justin
    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[23] for (1d4+1)[4] vs Justin
    Goblin confirm: (1d20+3)[17] for (1d4+1)[3]
    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[4] for (1d4+1)[4] vs a bystander


    => Party (any order)

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen sees the goblins run out and start attacking and jumps into action. He pulls the dagger from his belt and runs up as close as he can get while saying "Just like home, not a real party until someone gets stabbed."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    If K10 isn't difficult terrain I'll move there, otherwise I can't quite make it and I'll move to M10 instead. Used my other action to pull the dagger

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justen

    Justen grimaces as a goblin blade sclices across his hip underneath the chain shirt. "Get back, you fool, head to the stage!" he hisses at the fat man. Wrenching free his second blade he slashes at the two goblins, blades flickering as he begins to dance between the goblins.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show


    Move: draw blade
    Standard: swift claws
    On hand (1d20+5)[23] dam (2d6+4)[8]
    Off hand (1d20+5)[16] dam (2d6+2)[4]

    Immediate: If I get hit: flowing creek to dance out the way (1d20+8)[19] vs attack roll to negate hit

    AC 18 (FF 14, Touch 14)
    HPs 8/12 Saves +4/4/0

    Stance: Reaching Blade stance (+1d6 damage, first attack gets +5ft reach)
    Readied: Swift claws, Flowing Creek, Leaping Dragon, Piercing Strike

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    "Gobliiiins!!" Silna shouts out, but she knows most of the people in this crowd won't know what to do. "Get out of the way and find shelter!" She grabs the axe from her back and fusses with her makeshift cover, tearing it off as she hurries toward the goblins. She shouts at the beastly creatures, hoping to draw their attention away from the unarmed civilians.

    Spoiler: Language: Goblin
    Show
    "Goblin scum!"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Double move to M12, drawing the axe during the first move and unwrapping it during the second, if that works.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    Lizuga startles to attention, but holds herself back. "Lizuga Manescu, you're no good to anyone dead". She takes a breath to center herself, and picks her shield off her pack and slips it over her arm. In her other hand, she hefts her lucerne hammer, as she surveys the chaos.

    (swift action the enter Phalanx Lancer stance, free action (from "any piercing thunder stance) to retrieve her weapon, standard action to retrieve the shield, move action to don it).
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-11-28 at 12:57 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Blasted ladder! Adalbert finally decides to take the ladder and checks the area for goblins. Where do they come from, where should the town guard herd the townsfolk to.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb(1d20-1)[14]
    Perception = 18 in OOC

    Basically move action to climb, standard action to check for goblins, and maybe find a sling or ranged weapon. Maybe there was an crossbow archery contest somewhere?

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen draws a dagger and gets closer to the fighting. Justin graws a second sword and slashes at the two nearest goblins, hitting the one with the pie right across the chest for 8 damage, sending it gurgling to the ground, and manages to get another, for 4 damage across the hip. Silna draws and quickly unwraps her axe as she moves through the crowd, arming herself and trying to get goblins' attention. Lizuga spents some time to arm herself and survey the surrounting. Adalbert succeeds at climbing the roof of a barn. A slightly higher house blocks the view to the west, but otherwise he can pretty well see all of the immediate surroundings.

    Meanwhile, the people heed Justin's and Silna's advice (or just their own best reasoning) and try to get out of the way of the fighting, some of which can also be heard not too far to the west. This mostly results in them being crowding in the center of the town square.

    Abstalar Zantus moves to the northern corner os the stage... "Desna help us!" ...he raises his hands, casting a spell.

    The remaining goblins suddenly seem to take Justin seriously, teaming against him despite Silna's challenge, but not having any success in actually landing the blows.

    Spoiler: Adalbert
    Show
    Some goblins or something seem to be active near the town wall (300..400 feet north-east from the town square). Adalbert cannot see the details on the ground because buildings blocks line of sight, but people are actively running from the area towards the town square. Adalbert also cannot see, but can pretty well hear a fighting to the west-south-west of the house near him. Also, a fresh smoke seem to be rising from a barn just across the town square (at about V29).
    Spoiler: Lizuga
    Show
    A guard is fighting a goblin about 100 feet to the west. A fresh smoke seem to be rising from a barn just across the town square (at about V29).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it Justin or Justen? Your sheet says one thing, but your post say another.

    Everyone within 50 feet from Abstalar Zantus is Blessed (each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects). Adalbert is too far from the stage, but the others are in.

    Lizuga passive perception: (1d20+7)[24]

    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[11] for (1d4+1)[2] vs Justin
    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[12] for (1d4+1)[2] vs Justin


    => Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-11-30 at 10:38 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna eyes the nearest of the goblins as the crowd clears away. She strides toward it purposefully, raising her greataxe. With a shout, she swings her axe toward the foul creature, aiming to slice it in twain.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move to L8, attacking the goblin in K7
    Attack - (1d20+8)[24] (melee +4, favored enemy +2, dwarven hatred +1, Zantus's blessing +1)
    Damage - (1d12+6)[11] (1.5*Str for +4, favored enemy +2)

    Spoiler: Crit Confirmation, if applicable
    Show
    Crit Confirm - (1d20+8)[11]
    Crit Damage - (1d12+6)[8]


  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin grins happily as the blades bite into the goblins, then parries and darts between the return blows. "My thanks" he shouts to the female dwarf who runs in beside him with her axe as he soins around, blades a blur as he feels Father Zantus spread his blessings over them. The little goblins are vicious and deserve little in the way of mercy.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Sorry, its Justin

    Full attack. Start vs J7 then against the other if needed
    (1d20+4)[19] dam (2d6+4)[10]
    (1d20+4)[16] dam (2d6+2)[14]

    AC 18 (FF 14, Touch 14)
    HPs 8/12 Saves +4/4/0

    Stance: Reaching Blade stance (+1d6 damage, first attack gets +5ft reach)
    Readied: Swift claws, Flowing Creek, Leaping Dragon, Piercing Strike

    Conditions:
    Bless (+1 hit and +1 vs fear)

    Last edited by DrK; 2018-11-30 at 12:10 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    Lizuga looks back and forth between the rising smoke and the lone guard, then snaps to a decision. "Um.....FIRE!", she yells, and hustles towards the source of the smoke.

    (double move to R25).
    Semper ludens.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Watching both goblins drop and having a moment, Lebwen pulls his backpack off, sticks his dagger back in his belt, and start to free his long sword from where it was secured. Keeping an eye out for any more goblins.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Goblins worship Barghests. We could...wait, no...but what if...no, that is bad...very bad. Adalbert seems confused on what to do. He takes his pipe out and take a short drag. That seems to calm him. (activating Archaeologist’s Luck)

    The goblins are burning down the barn in the south. Everyone who can hold a weapon to the breach in the wall on the north-east! he shouts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating and immediately ending Archaeologist’s Luck (lingers for 3 rounds now including that one, giving +2 luck to attack, damage, saves, skill checks) with a swift action. Free action to realize it is goblins. I dont know what goblins are physically but I recall everything about goblinoid religion. They like to destroy...which doesn't REALLY help now.
    So moving to H2 and jumping down to H3: Acrobatics: (1d20+6)[23]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna joins the fighting, slicing in half one of the goblins for 11 damage. Justin strikes true at already wounded goblin, inflicting 10 damage in a deep gash through the chest. Lizuga shouts a warning about the apparent source of smoke as she moves towards it. Lebwen spends a moment of time to arm himself while surveying the surrounding. Adalbert warns others about goings on to north-east and about the barn the goblins are apparently burning.

    The people on the town square, obviously afraid, shouting and trying to move somewhere, but unsure as to where the safety is, as the goblins seem to be everywhere around, mostly lumped together in the center of the town square. Children are crying. Abstalar Zantus hesitates for a moment, then goes to southern corner of the stage. "I'll follow you, just got to stop that fire!"

    A goblin song starts somewhere behind the bush near the smoking barn and three goblins with torches appear from around the corner, swarming at Lizuga. The first of them got his head lucerne-hammered in for 19 damage, but two others managed co close in, if only without time left to attack. Lizuga can hear some goblin sing from the bush, but cannot see him there.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    So moving to H2 and jumping down to H3:
    H3 does not seem like it's down from H2. Jumping down went just fine, so I'm placing Adalbert at H1 for now, feel free to correct it.



    Bless still active.

    => Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-01 at 12:47 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert rushes towards the commotion in the north-east.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    With his sword free and backpack back on Lebwen runs towards the breached wall Adalbert mentioned and says to him "I'm with you"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure which side of the building Adalbert was meaning, I should be able to reach R2 if it is down that path, or M1 if it is between the buildings, double move either way.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Not today, scum!", Lizuga bellows, as she steps back and swings her hammer at another one of the monsters. "You will not be flanking me. I have to stop you before they burn down the whole town!", she thinks to herself.

    Step to Q24; Lucerne hammer to the head, S26! Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[14], damage (1d12+4)[9]+(1d6)[4]
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[5], damage (1d12+4)[6]+(1d6)[1].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[22], damage (1d12+4)[5]+(1d6)[6]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter: Oaken shield, +4 to AC (additional shield bonus)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[17]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 10/10
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-01 at 02:28 PM.
    Semper ludens.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna, freshly splattered with the blood of her enemies, looks around trying to discern where all of the commotion is coming from, but the crowd of big folk obscures her view to the south. So she follows Lebwen to the northeast, heeding Adalbert's call.

    "Where is this breach?!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I'm also not sure of where we're moving, so here's a roll: Perception - (1d20+5)[15] (+2 more if the favored enemy bonus applies).
    That, and she'll move, following Lebwen unless there's a better path that she sees. Double move, unless the perception takes up an action. She'll still keep her greataxe out, as there's so much cover about that going ranged seems unwise for now.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Splattered with green blood he'll look about for more goblins, a hand pressed to the blood welling from his thigh. "Good work with the axe, well met. I'm Justen.' He takes off after Silna toward the screams where more goblins may be.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show


    Double move with Silna
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert, Lebwen, Silna and Justin all run along the Church Street to north-east, towards the North Gate that opens to Lost Coast Road. Lizuga, left alone against the goblin pyros, steps back and attacks with lucerne hammer, but the goblin evades her blow. The people on the town square shun away from the goblins and remain mostly lumped together. The children keep on crying. Abstalar Zantus hesitates on the southern end of the stage. "Here, Mark, Here!" he shouts looking somewhere to the west.

    The goblin pyros opposing Lizuga draw their crude swords they name dogslicers, step up and attack. One manages to inflict a deep wound for 4 damage. A third goblin emerges from the bush, armed with the whip and having a dogslicer on him, casting a spell at Lizuga for no noticeable effect. The smoke from the barn seems to intensify.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin: (1d20+3)[22] for (1d4+1)[2] vs Lizuga
    Goblin confirm: (1d20+3)[18] for (1d4+1)[2]
    Goblin: (1d20+3)[7] for (1d4+1)[5] vs Lizuga

    Oaken shield expended?



    Adalbert, Lebwen, Silna and Justin are off the map to north-east. Adalbert, Lebwen and Justin will arrive at the next map in 3 rounds, including this one (so 2 more rounds to go), Silna will arrive in 4. Town maps one and two.

    Bless still active.

    => Lizuga
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-02 at 04:53 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga steps around the goblins to lash out at the new threat, but her focus is off, and her hammer swing does nothing but blow up a cloud of turf. "Goddess?" she thinks for a moment, then feels the warm familiar glow of life streaming into her. "Right. Anything I can use on that fire?" she ponders, as she spares a moment to look over the barn.

    Spoiler: Actions and rolls
    Show
    5' step to R23, attack the caster at T25: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[11], damage (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[6]. Swift action to use Triage on self, using Invigorating Touch to gain Fast Healing 3 for 1 minute, use Fast Healing to heal 3 HP. Move action to make a perception check re: fire, tools for extinguishing same, or more goblins: (1d20+7)[20]
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[13], damage (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[6].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[17], damage (1d12+4)[5]+(1d6)[3]

    Lizuga can make AoOs at 5' with her shield, same rolls just drop the +1d6 to damage.
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter: None (Ugh, I thought Oaken Shield was declared after the attack roll like most other counters, but on a closer look, that's not actually the case))
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[15]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 9/10, fast healing 3 for 9 rounds
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-02 at 05:36 AM.
    Semper ludens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •