New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

Lebwen runs forward to help Lizuga cut down goblins, hoping to capitalize on the havoc she is causing he swings his longsword at the closest goblin.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

move to F22, attacking F21. Should be exactly 30ft

attack
    (1d20+6)[25] (5+1 Adalbert) -not sure if I get a flank from Lizuga, if so, another +2
    damage
    (1d8+4)[12]

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga swivels like a trained hunting dog to focus on the fleeing goblin. She turns her back on the last goblin facing her, and trots off after the runner. She gestures with her hammer, and a beam of sunlight punches through the bushes.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move action to F16, provoking an AoO from F19. Staunching Strike at A13 (perception check in the OOC), using Sun's Gleam. Ranged Touch - (1d20+6)[14], miss 1-20 - (1d100)[28], Non-lethal - (1d6+3)[6].

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[10], (1d12+4)[8]+(1d6)[5] - or shield bash (1d20+6)[26], (1d4+4)[5]+(1d6)[5].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[10], (1d12+4)[10]+(1d6)[1] - or or shield bash (1d20+6)[13], (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[4]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 20 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +6 armor, +1 insight). Counter: None
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[6]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[23]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 15/17
    Sheet link
    Semper ludens.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

and hopefully this one is not as removed from humanity as the last one. Shalelu, get the one up north! Adalbert says as a green glow envelops the northernmost goblin of the trio. He moves towards the fleeing scout.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to K 18, casting Daze (DC 13 Will) on Goblin F19, shouting at Shalelu to shoot at A13 continue bardic performance

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Oh..." utters Iris with wide eyes, stunned at the swiftness and brutality of her new companion's counterattack, particularly the violent woman Lizuga.

She draws again and fires at the sole remaining goblin.

Spoiler: rolls & status
    Show
    Standard: longbow vs F19 (1d20+8)[15] miss 1-20 (1d100)[87] damage (1d8+3)[11]
    includes +1 from point blank shot & +1 from Adalbert

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 2, Init 6, HP 13/13, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 1, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +6 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition
    Naturalist (Adalbert): +1 insight bonus to AC, attacks & saves vs identified creature

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Justin moves in and thrusts his sword through two of the goblins. The third goblin looks visibly shocked by the course of events, even more so as Lebwen moves in and disembowels one of the fallen. He barely attempts to make an attack as Lizuga moves past and sunbeams the runner. Iris' arrow through the side of the neck comes as the last of the surprises to the goblin, who grasps at the wound pulsing hot red arterial blood from under his fingers, and falls to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's it. Seems like you got them all (including one alive).

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert grabs his crossbow as he watches the carnage unfold. What? That's it? No epic finale, no mutated or demonic boss goblin? though he smirks while having his little "rant".

Let's scour those little pests. Goblins do not lack the skill to write but they usually do not carry written journals. Regardless maybe we can get some information out of this ambush troop.

Adalbert searches the dead though not thoroughly as he assumes advancing quicker could help them.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin quietly wipes the green blood off the sword using the clothes on one of the downed goblin. As he does so he glances up at Lizuga, "You have uncanny skill with that long hammer of yours Mistress Lizuga. Where did you learn to fight so effectively?" He almost humms to himself, happy that his training had been so effective.

Glancing in surprise at the last living goblin, he thought it had been killed, he nods to the halfling. "Master Adalbert, can you ask that one if there are anymore patrols or ambushes on the way to the our goal?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Searching the goblins you find on each of them the usual set of crude leather armor, dogslicer, shortbow and 15 arrows. You also find three small-sized sacks (one containing two dead squirrels, apparently killed by arrows; two empty), 10 feet of thin rope and a fire-starting kit (flint, steel and tinder).

Spoiler
    Show
    The alive goblin is the runner, but, unless you heal him, he won't be online for the next 5 hours.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

It is unconscious. Do you want us to revive that one? It has no reason to trust us or tell us anything. But goblins are not exactly the most reasonable. Adalbert however picks up the bow, arrows and dogslicer and gives them to one of his taller friends. Here, for your little trick. If you want to carry a goblin as evidence towards the camps of the others you sadly have to do this yourself.

Spoiler
    Show
    I say we take the stuff to fake the animosities between the tribes and continue. If you want you can take a corpse to place it at another hostility.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-06-02 at 12:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

"Given this is their forest I'm not surprised they would have groups out, and not specificially because they know we're coming. But if you want to ask I'll see what I can do, I thought of a new trick I would like to try out and this would be a good chance." Lebwen says. Then he goes over to the goblin, finds the biggest wound and lays his sword on it while saying some words of magic. A bit of a smirk crosses his face as the goblin sizzles briefly under the touch of the sword.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

cast cauterize on the goblin. Sword is mostly just fluff but it fits in that I could apply it with the sword in combat too. I'm not sure it will actually bring it around, but it does stabilize it, assuming it wasn't 1 point from dead.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

"You're not so bad yourself, Sandpoint" Lizuga grins, and punches Justin playfully in the shoulder.
    "I learned to fight, well, I had plenty of brothers and life can get boring on the farm....I learned to fight for real in the Lady's temple. I owe her my life." She briefly touches on the simple holy symbol of Sarenrae around her neck. "But it's not like I'm a nun or something!" - she seems flustered and looks away.

She walks over to the dead goblins to inspect her handiwork. "I like this new hammer. It's lucky".
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-02 at 11:35 PM.
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Very good shot, Iris. I must say I am surprised you are pretty good at the ugly job of killing but the beauty lies in the result of not being warned of our presence, right? Adalbert moves over to Lizuga. I think Justin was hit on his arm, maybe you check him out for a bit before this infects. His style cannot be hindered by lockjaw.

Spoiler
    Show
    LET THE SHIPPING COMMENCE!

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"There's beauty is being alive, that's for sure," she says to Adalbert. "And there's craftsmanship and, well, goblins. Yeck!" Iris nudges some of the crude strewn belongings distastefully with her boot.

She looks around quickly for signs of any more goblinoids, checking to see if she can see where they traveled from.

Spoiler: Survival check
    Show
    Survival (track) (1d20+8)[16]
    I figure we know where their base is, but just in case there's anything odd or useful worth knowing.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

The goblins are in various stages of dying or dead*, except for one, who is still unconscious after Lebwen cauterized his wound, but in no danger of dying. The goblins left numerous tracks so could be backtracked to whence they came, but Shalelu is pretty sure she can find Thistletop even if you go direct route. Whichever way you choose, you eventually end up close to the shore where you can hear the sound of the crashing waves, but cannot really see anything other then thick bushes everywhere around, rising up to twenty feet to the north, with the well-used tracks converging from different directions into what seems to be another piece of bush. You check it and see a cleverly constructed rigid mat of thistles and nettles that seems like it could be moved aside.

Spoiler
    Show
    *I am generally not rolling for the mooks. Could be done if someone cares.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

"So we're here and they don't appear to know. While individually goblins aren't too much of a threat, I don't think getting a whole village of them coming at us at once is going to go over well. So what do we want to try? While some of us are a lot stealthier than others, I don't think having a couple people try to sneak in is a good idea, though maybe a peek through the door could be worth the risk. Maybe we can find a good tall tree close by to climb and try to get a look in. Once we get a better idea of the layout we can either try to sneak in a back way or create a diversion to get some to come out and ambush them. While we make our plan we should back off the main trail and put up that camo net between us and the entrance and trail so we can watch a bit without having them wander into us." With the last part Lebwen starts to back away from the road and pull the netting out of his backpack.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

I assume the hobgoblin clan has dispatched officers to keep the goblins from killing each other. And if we know where those officers are, we can remove them. Maybe the goblin from Cheliax can then accuse someone of killing the officers. Adalbert says while coloring his face in a green hue.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm glad that these little monsters are making it easy for us, you know?", Lizuga says softly to her comrades. "I mean, big picture, it's a shame that not one of them seeks redemption. But here and now, it's so easy. No surrender. No cries for mercy. Just monsters."
    Semper ludens.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as you can see (and you can see not very far), there is no large trees in the vicinity. You hide some distance from the main trail behind the camo net to discuss the plans.

"I'm not aware of any hobgoblin clans near here." notes Shalelu "Might be there is no hobgoblins."

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin looks at the goblin and shrugs. "Thanks Shalelu, I agree, shall we press on?" He moves back into the flowing easy stance of the panther and feels the swift movement and awareness of the sights an scents from the forest. Moving smoothly he keeps the sword and axe out and drawn and his senses open with for any more goblins.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Let me see if there's anything noticeable around the entrance to that thicket. Come running quick if there's trouble." Iris slinks through the bushes, bow in hand, to a sheltered place still some distance from the concealed entranceway. She speaks a few words of magic as she casts a spell, concentrating on the distant area.

If there's nothing and no one of note, she waves the others forward.

Spoiler: actions, rolls & info
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+8)[22] if needed
    Cast Sift
    Check out entrance from a distance (30ft). Not really expecting anything but you never know.
    Perception (1d20+2)[8]

Also 1-50 chance to lose arrow from prev fight (1d100)[85]

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 2, Init 6, HP 13/13, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 1, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +6 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition
    None

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

"Someone whistle up some light, please" Lizuga says as she takes up front and moves into the unknown.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Certainly." Iris reaches out and touches the holy symbol hanging from Lizuga's neck. Pausing a moment to observe the design, she speaks a word of magic and the wooden amulet begins to glow with a soft light.

Spoiler: castings
    Show
    Cast light
    I presume Lizuga's holy symbol is a suitable object to illuminate - let me know if you'd prefer something else. I figured it's likely be near anything we want to see/ target.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

The young guard looks at the thistles and the thick mat and looks to the rest. "well that's none too subtle. Shout if you need assistance." he whispers to Iris, slipping into his fluid dancing stance with sword and axe in hand.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert sighs. Sister! I shall aid you in your endeavor. The scholar hurries to catch up with her, and helps her to scout. I mean he never did do proper military scouting but boy did the halfling read about it. Can't be much different than looking for the traps in that dungeon delving course he did with the professor from the actual Pathfinder Lodge.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sounds like we're ready to move in then. Let me gather the cover and I'll follow behind, give you guys enough room to work forward and see what we're up against, but close enough to react if someone spots us. I'm also thinking we should put down that bear trap just on the trail before the entrance. We'll have to watch it if we make a run for it, but if another patrol heads back it might get one and their yell will give us a warning, wouldn't want to be surprised and trapped between groups if we can help it." Lebwen says as he starts to pull down the camo and fold it back into his backpack. Then looking for a good spot to set the trap.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

You remove the cover and proceed inside. Behind the entrance is a four-foot-high tunnel that winds through the dense briars and nettles. The floor is hard-packed earth, with patches of wiry plants growing stubbornly here and there. There seems to be enough light coming through the leafy "roof" to see normally, even if it is rather dim.

Spoiler
    Show
    Place the bear trap wherever you want. Probably W41 or W42.

Bipedal Medium creatures can navigate the tunnels by stooping over and hunkering down, effectively squeezing to move, and thus taking a -4 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to AC; such characters must spend 2 squares of movement for each square traveled. Small and smaller creatures can move about normally, as can most quadrupedal Medium creatures. The larger chambers within all have higher ceilings, wherein these penalties do not apply to Medium creatures. Moving through the bushes is possible with DC 10 strength check and a move action per square traveled, and the bushes look thorny. It's possible to hack a new path through the briars with any slashing weapon. A 5-foot-square section of briars has hardness 1 and 40 hit points.

Which way you go?

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris looks to her god Shelyn for guidance as the party considers the warren of tunnels through the thicket. She speaks a brief prayer as she touches her holy symbol and gestures.

Spoiler: cautious castings
    Show
    Cast sift again

Looking for tracks/ traps or anything of note at the farthest extent visible in each direction (max 30ft)

Perception/ survival checks:
    west (1d20+2)[18]
    north (1d20+2)[9]
    east (1d20+2)[17]
    +1 extra for finding tracks

If nothing of note I'm happy to follow in any direction.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris finds numerous footprints of goblins and goblin dogs going in and out of the area, mostly from the east. She finds nothing else of particular interest.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga looks around. Finding no reason to favor any one direction over another, she heads to C3.
    Semper ludens.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

You walk a low tunnel through the bushes, heading east. The tunnel soon turns north-east and opens into a large cavelike chamber. Above, the thorny canopy grows thin enough that tiny slivers of the sky above can be seen, while below, the ground consists of trampled dirt. To the west, the distant sound of sloshing waves echoes up from a hole in the ground. Lizuga can see another chamber to the north, the floor and walls of which are covered with matted, wiry fur. Well-gnawed bones lie scattered about the floor, and a dozen wooden stakes have been driven into the ground near the walls. Four goblin dogs are here, tied to the stakes via leashes of hairy, fraying rope. They notice Lizuga and stand up from the ground.

Spoiler
    Show