New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

These are goblin dogs. They are even more filthy than the goblins themselves, you are probably infecting yourself with something if you get bitten. Adalbert whispers as a word of advice. I assume they are basically the guards of their camp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 for Knowledge Nature to identify: 16

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

As they first enter Lebwen comments "I think we can assume that the bugbear doesn't frequent here too much, nor probably the Aasimar or Tsuto, so I would bet on the barghest being elsewhere as well."

As the group moves forward Lebwen places the trap just at the entrance. (W41) Making some attempt to hide it but not being overly complicated about it, thinking what he's seen of goblins so far setting a bear trap for others to step in could pass for a good joke with the cruel creatures.

As the room opens up a bit and the dogs come into view Lebwen says "It looks like they're tied up. I don't think I would trust getting close enough to free them to run and cause havoc and a distraction, so I think we try to stay unheard still. I think if we can avoid them it would be best. Anyone have any food to give them? I've got a few trail rations but not enough for all of them"

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Justen

Straightening up from the crouch ni the tunnels Justen stares up at the sky through the claustrophobic layer of leaves. Then hearing the dogs and the conversation nods to Shalelu, "Can you and the others with bows merely shoot them down?" Rubbing his leg, "Aye, watch them, they are filthy and itchy and have a powerful bite. Something I'd galdly not experience again. We could just kill them from where they can't reach us."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

As a practical exercise Justen has +5ft reach on 1 attack per round and maneuvre extending that to +10ft reach. Lizuga has a reach weapon and others have missile weapons so we could just kill the hapless (if disgusting creatures)

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

As you discuss what to do with goblin dogs, Shalelu and Lizuga notice a goblin moving through the bushes to the south-east. Shalelu draws the bow, but the goblin disappears deeper into the bush before she could release the arrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gogmurt listen: (1d20+3)[23]
    Gogmurt stealth: (1d20+16)[21]

Iris perception: (1d20+7)[15]
    Justin perception: (1d20+5)[12]
    Lizuga perception: (1d20+8)[24]
    Adalbert perception: (1d20+3)[13]
    Lebwen perception: (1d20+1)[12]
    Shalelu perception: (1d20+16)[33]

Gogmurt initiative: (1d20+3)[19]
    Lizuga initiative: (1d20+1)[15]
    Shalelu initiative: (1d20+3)[19]
    Shalelu vs Gogmurt (initiative): (1d2)[2]

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

What is it, mylady?

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

"A goblin in the bush. We have been spotted."

As a confirmation of Shalelu's words, you hear some goblin voice casting something behind the bushes to south-east. Shalelu steps east to have a better view of the goblin dogs and shoots three arrows at the eastern one, wounding it for 3 and 4 damage. All of the goblin dogs, especially the one wounded, begin squeaking loudly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+9)[28] for (1d8+1)[3]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+9)[18] for (1d8+1)[4]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+4)[12] for (1d8+1)[7]

If Adalbert is disguised as a goblin, I want his disguise rolled in case it makes any difference.

Shalelu has just stepped to AF35

=> Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-06-09 at 10:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

I guess we should start with the dogs then.

Spoiler
    Show
    Crossbow at the one Shalelu wounded: (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d6)[3]
    Disguise: (1d20+7)[25]
    Manual/mundane disguise, I assume when I cast Disguise Self, we just add +10 on the check or should we reroll then?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll let you guys shoot them, I'll watch for anyone else coming" Lebwen says as he moves up into the edge of the western room, pulling his longsword and looking towards the other entrances to the room.

Show

Depending on how much is squeezing, I think I can reach AB31 with a standard move. I guess just ready an attack for if anyone comes that way.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Such disgusting beasts. It seems a sin to kill them so callously, but I suppose it is better this way". Iris nevertheless hesitates, looking around for other targets rather than euthanizing the filthy goblin dogs.

Spoiler: rolls & status
    Show
    Readied attack: Longbow (1d20+7)[24] (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, +1 Point Blank); damage (1d8+3)[4] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)
    If readied attack is not allowed for whatever reason she'll just get on with it and shoot a dog.

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 2, Init 6, HP 13/13, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 1, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +6 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition None

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

The young man waits for the hail of arrows to speed past before nodding. "Aye, dogs then goblins it is then..." and rolls forward between the thickets before stopping well short of the dogs' reach and lunging forward with the thin blade to skewer the nearest of the dogs.

Show

Justen

Move: Move to AE30
    Standard: Piercing strike (with Reaching balde stance for 15ft reach) on AD27
    - (1d20+7)[22] Damage (2d6+4)[9]

If attacked then Flowing Creek (1d0+9)[10] to oppose attack and 5ft away from attack

HPs 20/20
    Saves +5/4/0
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14)

Conditions:
    Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga barges through the bushes and fires a beam of sunlight into the chest of one hound.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Move action to AG 31. I should have a clear shot at any of the 3 dogs. Using Staunching Strike to get a use of Sun's Gleam. ranged touch - (1d20+5)[21], damage - (1d6+3)[6].

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[17], (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[6] - or shield bash (1d20+5)[11], (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[1].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[22], (1d12+4)[16]+(1d6)[2] - or or shield bash (1d20+5)[16], (1d4+4)[5]+(1d6)[4]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 19 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +6 armor). Counter: Oaken Shield (+4 AC)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[8]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[9]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[8]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 17/17
    Sheet link

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-10 at 12:33 PM.
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalbert shoots somewhere northwards. Lebwen moves to northwest to watch and block one of the passages. Iris stands ready to shoot at anyone coming. Justin moves into the room with the goblin dogs and gets one of them for 9 damage in a deep lunge. Lizuga follows and beams the goblin dog with two arrows in it for 6 damage and out of the action.

To Justin's surprise, the fraying rope leashes of the goblin dogs are long enough for one of them to get close enough to bite. The goblin dog targets the groin area, biting deep for 9 damage just inches from the most delicate parts and then collapsing from the effort. Two other goblin dogs charge at Justin, but are stopped by their leashes so they just squeak in anger.

You hear the same goblin voice casting something else behind the bushes to south-east. Shalelu ignores two remaining goblin dogs and quickly, but quietly, moves to take a look in that direction. She steps back just after she peeks around the corner. "A firepelt." - she whispers to Lizuga.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Manual/mundane disguise, I assume when I cast Disguise Self, we just add +10 on the check or should we reroll then?
    Just +10 is fine.

Goblin dog: (1d20+4)[24] for (1d6+3)[9]
    Goblin dog confirm: (1d20+4)[7] for (1d6+3)[5]
    Goblin dog STR: (1d20+2)[3]
    Goblin dog STR: (1d20+2)[8]
    Justin Fort: (1d20+5)[20]

Shalelu stealth: (1d20+11)[20]
    Shalelu perception: (1d20+16)[19]

Last edited by u-b; 2019-06-11 at 09:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

As the hounds are straining at their leashes, they are basically stationary, with their heads the closest part of their bodies. Lizuga takes aim, and steps into a mighty swing, cracking both skulls in a single strike.

"You look a little pale there, Justin." Lizuga grins at him, before brushing the back of her mailed hand across his cheek to infuse him with the light of healing.
    Show

5' step to AF30. Piercing Strike vs. the two remaining goblin dogs: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[25], (1d12+4)[16]+(1d6)[4]. Swift action triage - heal Justin for 6 points.

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[26], (1d12+4)[8]+(1d6)[5] - or shield bash (1d20+5)[25], (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[3].
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[18], (1d12+4)[12]+(1d6)[5] - or or shield bash (1d20+5)[16], (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[4]
    Show
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20]
    Show
    (1d20+1)[20]
    Show
    (1d20+6)[14]
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 17/17
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-11 at 01:05 PM.
    Semper ludens.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin nods his thanks to Lizuga, "Aye, that was a little close for comfort." and smiles as the healing magic washes away the worst of the injury.

"Impressive, my thanks" he continues as Lizuga handily kills both dogs with a single blow. "What's next?" he murmurs looking about, sword and axe in hand.

Show

Move- nothing
    Standard - refresh piercing strike

HPs 17/20
    Saves +5/4/0
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14)

Conditions:
    Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by DrK; 2019-06-13 at 12:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris moves up cautiously next to Justin & Lizuga, bow in hand. "Firepelt?" she mouths at Shelelu.

Spoiler: actions & status
    Show
    Move: Move to AF31
    Readied attack: Longbow (1d20+7)[19] (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, +1 Point Blank); damage (1d8+3)[6] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)

Does Iris know who/ what a firepelt is?
    Knowledge check (1d20)[7]+? if needed

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 2, Init 6, HP 13/13, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 1, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Condition
    Indomitable Presence (Justin): All allies within 30-ft. of Justin gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and +2 morale to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Not seeing anything on this side Lebwen circles back around to rest of the group.

Show

Not sure exactly how far I can get, not sure if some squares are open enough to go through clearly or not, double move to as close to Lizuga as I can make it.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

You guys certainly learned a few tricks from hunting these hogs, didn't you? Adalbert mentions as he positions himself to look around better and shoot another bolt at the dogs.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[17]
    (1d6)[5]

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

With one swing, Lizuga kills both of the remaining goblin dogs. The group mostly gathers together in the room they've just cleared. The only exception is Adalbert, who moves just enough to make sure all goblin dogs are killed and remains in the room with the hole in the ground, to have a better look around. "A firepelt is like a striped leopard. I'm right after you here."

You hear continued spellcasting to south-east. Suddenly, all the plants around you become animated and try to wrap and grab you, except for Adalbert, who seems to be just outside of the affected area. You hear someone, likely a goblin, shouting something from the west.

Spoiler: Adalbert
    Show
    Adalbert notices a goblin carrying a dogslicer coming from the nortwest. The goblin notices Adalbert. "Hey, what's happening?!" he shouts in his language.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gogmurt listen: (1d20+3)[19]

Entangle:
    Iris reflex: (1d20+4)[19]
    Justin reflex: (1d20+4)[5] - fail (entangled and take 1 point of damage)
    Lebwen reflex: (1d20+0)[2] - fail (entangled and take 1 point of damage)
    Lizuga reflex: (1d20+1)[13] - fail (entangled and take 1 point of damage)
    Shalelu reflex: (1d20+8)[19]

Last edited by u-b; 2019-06-14 at 11:37 AM.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert flinches when the goblin talks to him. Luckily he manages to pull himself together quickly enough to respond. The dogs broke out. They went that a way. He points west. I am glad though. Itchy things. And they always eat the best parts of loot. But I was looking forward to setting them on fire and letting them loose in the humi city. Adalbert imitates the evil laughs he heard back at the glassworks. They were easy to remember and they will haunt his dreams for weeks to come.

I am Chuffy Fire-Tamer, who you be? Adalbert produces a small fake flame in his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff = 24 rolled in OOC
    Casting Prestidigitation to impress the goblin as they're infatuated with fire.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Ungh!" Iris jumps free of the grasping thorns as they scratch at her clothing and mail. "Here grab my hand" She grabs at the nearest person, trying to tug them free too. Stumbling clear near Adalbert she's about to shout for more help but sees him talking and acting like a fool goblin there's evidently some around. She ducks back trying to remain unobserved.

Spoiler: actions & status
    Show
    Aid another (Escape Artist) (1d10+3)[12] whoever wants it
    Move out of entangle area to AF33 & hide. Stealth (1d20+8)[27]

Iris of Shelyn
    Condition
    Indomitable Presence (Justin): All allies within 30-ft. of Justin gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and +2 morale to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga silently mouths an oooowww. She briefly closes her eyes and keeps mouthing words.

Show
    Full round action to recover maneuvers and han out temp hp.
    Show
    Hit Points: 16/17 Temp HP 6
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-16 at 12:15 AM.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Lebwen tries to break free and move towards the eastern path.

Show

str check
    (1d20+3)[6]

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Justen

Justen winces at the sharp thorns that scratch at him before accepting Iris's hand and slipping through the thorns to join her, his instincts helping him as he embraces the Primal Hunter, becoming quicker to slip through thorns and also attuning himself to the forest as he sniffs heavily seeking to sniff any dangers.

Show

If I can have Iris's aid then i;m hoping DC16 will get me out of the thorns

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

While Adalbert composes a story for the goblin, Iris gets out of the area with animated plants, pulling Justin most of the way out. Lebwen struggles in place, taking 1 damage from the thorns. Seeing that nobody chooses and succeeds going east, and wanting to be neither alone against the firepelt and the caster, nor in the entanglement area, Shalelu moves out of the area the same way Iris does. She notices both the goblin and the fact that Iris is trying to hide from him, but finds it rather difficult to hide where she would not be grappled again. The goblin notices her. He says something in his language and remains on alert. There is more spellcasting to the south-east.

Spoiler: Adalbert
    Show
    "Name's Buga. Hm, wait. New Longshanks? New you?"
    Spoiler: Iris and Shalelu
    Show
    You notice a goblin with a sword of flame in his hand sneaking up through the bush.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shalelu stealth: (1d20+7)[9]
    Goblin perception: (1d20-1)[15]
    Goblin sense motive: (1d20-1)[14] - this is exactly Adalbert's bluff check adjusted for the elf trying to hide nearby, so another bluff check is required; Adalbert will get the same -10 on it

Gogmurt stealth: (1d20+16)[21]
    Adalbert perception: (1d20+3)[14]
    Iris perception: (1d20+7)[23]

Justin reflex: (1d20+4)[20] - not entangled

The goblin in AH35 has concealment (20% miss chance) and is only seen with perception 21 and above, unless pointed at, in which case perception 11 is enough.

Last edited by u-b; 2019-06-24 at 09:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga struggles with the thorns, and just barely manages to get her legs untangled.

Show
    Str check - (1d20+4)[10]. Second Str check if needed: (1d20+4)[16]

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc. ENTANGLED NOT INCLUDED
    Show
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[22], (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[1] - or shield bash (1d20+5)[25], (1d4+4)[6]+(1d6)[5].
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[22], (1d12+4)[9]+(1d6)[5] - or or shield bash (1d20+5)[24], (1d4+4)[8]+(1d6)[4]
    Show
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13]
    Show
    (1d20+1)[7]
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18]
    Show
    Hit Points: 16/17, 5 TEMP HP
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-18 at 12:34 PM.
    Semper ludens.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I brought my friends here to kill the goblin dogs. They just annoy me. Like the longshanks annoy me. Adalbert enunciates the new word he just learned.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-06-18 at 04:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Lebwen once again tries to free himself from the thorns, trying to head south with the rest of the group.

Show

str check
    (1d20+3)[7]

perception (really only if someone points him out this round)
    (1d20+1)[19]

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Shalelu - look out! Behind you!" Iris points behind to the goblin sneaking up through the bushes with a burning sword. Worried about goblins on all side Iris steps out and fires a arrow at the one talking to Adalbert.

Spoiler: rolls & status
    Show
    Standard: Longbow vs Z34 (1d20+7)[19] (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, +1 Point Blank); damage (1d8+3)[5] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)

Iris of Shelyn
    Condition

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

The goblin is still considering the Adalbert's "explanation" when he is suddenly hit by arrow in the arm for 5 damage. "Ow!" he exclaims. Then Shalelu takes her shots. She lets fly two arrows at the goblin in the bushes, missing him with the first arrow, but hitting with the second straight in the chest for 24 damage, then turns to the goblin that Iris has wounded and finishes him with an arrow through the chest for 11 damage. Meanwhile Lizuga and Lebwen struggle against the grappling bushes taking 1 damage each. Lizuga even manages to break free, but not to get anywhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin sense motive: (1d20-1)[8]

Shalelu sleep arrow: (1d20+11)[13] miss (1d100)[90] for (1d8+3)[6] will DC 11
    Shalelu sleep arrow: (1d20+11)[31] miss (1d100)[64] for (1d8+3)[5] will DC 11
    Shalelu confirm: (1d20+11)[27] for (2d8+6)[19]
    Shalelu arrow: (1d20+6)[25] for (1d8+3)[11]

Gogmurt will: (1d20+8)[11]

Justin is now crouching, but not entangled.

=> Justin

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin creeps out of the thick thrashing thorns and spins as Iris and Shalelu unleash a flurry of arrows in various directions, he spins to the closest direction where Iris was pointing and SHalelu had been firing and darts into the trees, blade and axe held in hand relying on his scent to find the small flaming goblin! Reaching him he thrusts sword and swings axe at the small creature.

Spoiler: Justin
    Show

Move: move to AG35
    Swift: Into mithral current stance
    Standard: Swift claws
    sword -- (1d20+7)[13] dam (1d6+4)[9]
    handaxe -- (1d20+7)[13] dam (1d6+2)[8]

HPs 17/20 +6 Temp
    Saves +5/4/0 +3 Fort
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14)

Conditions:

Boost from Lizuga: 6 temp HPs, +3 fort