Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 655
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga sidesteps the goblin pyros to attack the caster. The caster looks somewhat surprised, but easily evades the blow which does not even contact with his studded leather armor. "Give way, give way!" Lizuga hears from north-west. Abstalar Zantus keeps just standing there on the stage.

    Two goblins attack Lizuga. Both of the dogslicers find their mark, cutting Lizuga for 5 and 4 damage. The caster steps back and casts a new spell. The whole situations suddenly feels somewhat funny, but Lizuga notices no other effect.

    Abstalar Zantus, as if he was waiting for this exact situation, raises the symbol of Desna and Lizuga feels her wounds almost completely closing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[13] for (1d4+1)[5]
    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[21] for (1d4+1)[4]
    Channel Energy: (2d6)[9]

    Adalbert, Lebwen, Silna and Justin are off the map to north-east. Adalbert, Lebwen and Justin will arrive at the next map in 2 rounds, including this one (so 1 more round to go), Silna will arrive in 3. Town maps one and two.



    Bless still active.

    upd: As for the fire, there is a barrel of beer on the cart.

    => Lizuga
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-02 at 06:36 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizurga shatters the head of one goblin with the edge of her shield. "Thank you, cleric!" she yells. "I've got these monsters. Get this fire out! Use that barrel!" she yells out.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Swift action to use Encouraging Roar for +2 morale to attack and damage (it overlaps bless). Shield bash one of the goblins (1d20+6)[26], damage (1d4+6)[8]+(1d6)[5].
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[10], damage (1d12+6)[17]+(1d6)[5].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[9], damage (1d12+6)[12]+(1d6)[5]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter:none
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[8]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[15]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 10/10
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-02 at 09:31 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Square

    Lizuga smashes the head of one of the goblins. The other seems impressed, but attacks nonetheless, shouting something in his language. Goblin caster now tries to use his whip, aiming to trip Lizuga, but that attempt does not do him any good. A man with a spear appears running, flanking one of the goblins. Abstalar Zantus jumps off the stage and moves around the goblins to the barn. "I can deal with the fire, just keep those goblins off me!"


    Town Gate

    Adalbert, Lebwen and Justin arrive at the town gate just in time to see a goblin riding on some hideous dog-like creature kill a large dog. Behind goblin rider were three goblins on foot, cheering their commander's victory. Behind them were two bodies: one of a goblin, and one of a guard. The townsfolk have largely fled the scene, except for one well-dressed man, standing on the road and wielding a cane as if it was a sword. "Come on, help me!"


    Spoiler: Town Square
    Show
    Please put all OOC stuff in a spoiler.

    Goblin attack: (1d20+3)[6] for (1d4+1)[3]
    Whip trip: (1d20-2)[4] vs CMD

    Spoiler: Town Gate
    Show

    => Adalbert, Lebwen, Justin, Lizuga

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert rushes to the noble: Are you hurt, sir? He then turns to the goblin, bluffing: You have already lost, idiot. Run and live, or fight and die. The town square is under control.

    The halfling squares up in front of the much taller human, as if to protect him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If the man is injured, cast
    Cure Light Wounds: (1d20+1)[11] -> 9 healing as in OOC
    If the man is fine, prepare standard action attacking anyone who comes into range with a thrown dagger.
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (1d3)[3]
    If the man is fine and looks like he is proficient with his weapon, help him fight with aid another:
    Attack roll vs AC 15 (1d20+1)[12]
    Last edited by Sporeegg; 2018-12-02 at 09:10 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    "I have you now!", Lizuga roars, as she rolls over the other torch goblin, breaking it's limbs under her shield, then rushes off to hold the attention of the whip-goblin. On the way, she spares a thought and a prayer for the brave guardsman.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Shield bash against the adjacent goblin (1d20+7)[20], damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[6]+(1d6)[6]. As a free action, I can check if the spearman is wounded; if he is, I spend a swift action to move up to him and heal 3 (triage), then move action to U25; if he's not hurt, move action to U25 anyway.

    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[21], damage (1d12+4)[9]+(1d6)[2] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[8]+(1d6)[4].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[21], damage (1d12+4)[14]+(1d6)[4] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[8]+(1d6)[3]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter: None
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[9]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[4]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[10]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 10/10, fast healing 3 8 rounds.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-02 at 09:55 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin barely skids to a halt, glancing at the noble he gestures forward and shouts to the others. "Come now, For Sandpoint!" he cries as he darts forward, swords spinning as he swoops down on the goblin mouted atop the strange dog. CHeering the others to charge with him he launches himself at them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Swift: Brave Gambit
    Full: Charge to AI 10 (1d20+10)[15] (+5, +2 luck, +1 bless, +2 charge) Dam (2d6+4)[11]

    Immediate: Flowing creek vs an attack that hits me (1d20+8)[23]

    AC 18 (FF 14, Touch 14)
    HPs 8/12 Saves +4/4/0

    Stance: Reaching Blade stance (+1d6 damage, first attack gets +5ft reach)
    Readied: Swift claws, Flowing Creek, Leaping Dragon, Piercing Strike

    Conditions:
    Bless (+1 hit and +1 vs fear)

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen causes his sword to start to glow lightly then charges at the goblin closest to him swinging his sword as he closes in.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Switch action: arcane pool 4/d (3 remaining) +1 enhancement to weapon for 1 minute
    charge to AK-12 (50ft)
    attack: (1d20+7)[17] (+3 base, +2 charge, +1 bless, +1 enhancement)
    damage: (1d20+4)[5] (+3 base, +1 enhancement) (edit: so yeah, this was supposed to be 1d8, since I rolled a 1 I guess it doesn't matter)

    -2 AC from charge, AC 11 (13 standard)
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-12-02 at 01:29 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Square

    Having sent the last goblin pyro senseless to the ground, Lizuga turns all her attention to the only goblin left standing in the immediate vicinity, the one with a whip. The guard, who is as of the moment unhurt, joins the fighting, but has little success - the goblin seems just too nimble to be easily hit. The goblin also has enough sense to switch weapon - he draws a dogslicer and stabs at Lizuga, wounding her for 4 damage. Abstalar Zantus casts a spell and a large cloud of steam and smoke emerges from the fire. "Will take some doing, but it isn't too late."

    Town Gate

    "Not hurt, or, I'd say, only in feelings. Those bastards just killed my dog." answers the noble. His overall posture suggests that he knows how to handle a sword, but the cane is hardly a weapon. With a battle cry, Justin darts forward charging the goblin on a strange dog, but only manages to scratch the opponent's studded leather armor. Lebwen charges alongside, but at a different target, and has more success - he hits the goblin through the chest for 7 damage, sending him to the ground.

    The goblins counterattack. One charges at Lebwen, hitting him for 4 damage. The other joins his boss fighting against Justin. He misses, but meanwhile both his boss and his boss' dog both attack. Justin skillfully manage to avoid the goblin's attack, but the dog bites for 4 damage. The Justing barely stands on his feet and feels very itchy around the bite.

    Spoiler: Adalbert
    Show
    This is so-called "goblin dog". You know what a goblin dog is. In particular, you know that goblin dogs are highly allergenic.
    Spoiler: Town Square
    Show
    Guard: (1d20+4)[11] for (1d8+3)[6]
    Goblin: (1d20+1)[18] for (1d4)[4]

    Spoiler: Town Gate
    Show
    Know (nature): (1d20+7)[22] (Adalbert)
    Know (nature): (1d20+4)[7] (Silna)

    Always roll correct die: (1d8+4)[7]

    Goblin charge: (1d20+4)[12] for (1d4)[4] vs Lebwen

    Goblin rider: (1d20+4)[23] for (1d8+1)[4] vs Justin
    Goblin dog: (1d20+2)[18] for (1d6+3)[4] vs Justin
    Goblin: (1d20+2)[4] for (1d4)[1] vs Justin

    Justin Fort: (1d20+4)[7] vs DC 12 or break out in an itching rash (a creature affected by this rash takes a –2 penalty to Dexterity and Charisma for 1 day)


    => Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-03 at 09:53 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna reaches the gate and sees goblins in combat with the adventurous citizens who ran ahead of her. She charges forward, swinging her axe and crying out in the goblin tongue.

    Spoiler: Language: Goblin
    Show
    "No goblin will outlast the might of this dwarf!!"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Silna charges to AH10, attacking the goblin in AI9.
    Attack - (1d20+9)[21] (+4 melee, +2 favored enemy, +2 charge, +1 racial; also add +1 if Zantus's blessing still applies)
    Damage - (1d12+6)[13] (+2 favored enemy)
    Spoiler: Possible Critical Confirmation
    Show

    Crit Confirm - (1d20+9)[13]
    Crit Damage - (1d12+6)[11]


    -2 to AC for the round due to charging: AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 12

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen slashes at the goblin that just attacked him saying "Die foul beast".

    He then steps up to help draw attention away from the guard fighting the other goblins.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Since I don't know Justin yet, I'm just referring to him as a general guard.
    Attack:
    (1d20+5)[7] (+3 base, +1 enhance, +1 bless)
    Damage:
    (1d8+4)[8] (+3 base, +1 enhance)

    AC back to 13 (13/10/13 R/T/FF)
    HP 9/13

    Arcane Pool Enhancement 2 rounds out of 1 minute duration.

    Movement:
    If the goblin dies move up to flank the rider, going to AK-8 via the AL line (25ft), avoiding any AOOs
    If the goblin doesn't die 5-foot step to AJ-11

    As for the damage roll last round I knew I couldn't edit and fix and didn't want to double post. Also didn't want to benefit from my error.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    That dog is FILTHY. Don't get near him! Adalbert darts forward, but instead of stabbing the dog, he casts a magic trick to clean the dog's teeth. There, now it should be safe to fight!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to AI 11, Prestidigitation to clean the dog enough to prevent any further disease/rash effect.
    Last edited by Sporeegg; 2018-12-03 at 06:21 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    "Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, you little ****!" Lizuga yells, as she slams her shield into the goblin. She takes a moment to breathe, while waiting to see if her opponent wants some more. She is still glowing with life, and not too concerned with the small cuts she receives.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    5' step to V24. Shield bash w. flanking (1d20+5)[22], damage (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[1].
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[10], damage (1d12+4)[11]+(1d6)[6] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[6]+(1d6)[6].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[21], damage (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[5] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[6]+(1d6)[3]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter: None
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[5]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[20]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 9/10, fast healing 3, 7 rounds.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-03 at 11:37 PM.
    Semper ludens.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Shaking the dog off his leg Justin feels the itchy reaction spreading as the filthy goblin dog tears a chunk from his leg. Uniform stained with blood he looks around, glad to see Silna the dwarf running up to them axe swinging, as he starts to worry that dying to a scuffle with goblins may soon be the end of him! "Come on then beast," he mutters whilst praying inwards to Desna to grant him the luck to survive for a few more seconds! He spins around the goblin's attack driving his sword down seeking to pin the goblin to the back of its pesky dog.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Failed gambit = recover 1 move = piercing strike
    Standard: Piercing strike on Goblin + Dog (1d20+5)[7] Dam (2d6+3)[10] Apply one roll to both of them
    Free: 5ft to AH9

    AC 18 (FF 14, Touch 14) currently 17
    HPs 4/12 Saves +4/4/0 currently 4/3/0

    Stance: Reaching Blade stance (+1d6 damage, first attack gets +5ft reach)
    Readied: Swift claws, Flowing Creek, Leaping Dragon, Piercing Strike

    Conditions:
    Bless (+1 hit and +1 vs fear)
    Itchy -2 Dex/Cha
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Square

    Lizuga bashes the goblin for 8 damage. The goblin feels unwell all of a sudden, but stands his ground. The guard stabs at him with a spear, but the goblin gagin very nimbly evades, stepping out of reach of the guard and drawing a potion. He drinks it, evading Lizuga's attempt at another shield bash, but the result turns out rather disappointing for him, healing only small part of sustained damage. Abstalar Zantus casts a spell again, and another cloud of steam and smoke emerges from the dwindling fire.

    Town Gate

    Silna charges one of the goblins, swinging her axe and splitting it in half. Lebwen slashes at the empty air where just a moment before was another goblin's head. Adalbert casts a spell to clean the dog's teeth, though the blisters on its bare skin also looked concerning. Justin drives his sword down at an empty space. The noble with a cane moves around the fighting, the cane extended towards the action.

    "We mighty!" exclaims the goblin, attacking Justin one more time. He hits hard for 8 damage. As Justin falls down, the dog, guided by the rider, moves to the side and snaps at Adalbert, barely missing. The goblin fighting with Lebwen swings his dogslicer, but does nothing better than not hitting himself.

    Spoiler: Town Square
    Show
    Guard: (1d20+6)[11] for (1d8+3)[9]
    Cure light wounds: (1d8+1)[2] - yep, the guy's drinking your loot

    Spoiler: Town Gate
    Show
    Goblin rider: (1d20+4)[22] for (1d8+1)[8] vs Justin - Justin is Down
    Goblin dog: (1d20+2)[14] for (1d6+3)[9] vs Justin Adalbert
    Goblin: (1d20+2)[4] for (1d4)[4] vs Lebwen


    => Adalbert, Lebwen, Lizuga, Silna (Justin roll to stabilize)

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Seeing the mounted goblin drop a member of the town guard, Silna decides it's best to de-mount that goblin quickly. Stepping around the guardsman, she reaches for the belly of the dog with the next swing of her axe.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    5-foot step to AI9
    Attack - (1d20+4)[22] vs. the dog (+1 if Zantus's blessing is still active)
    Damage - (1d12+4)[13]
    Spoiler: Potential Critical
    Show

    Crit Confirm - (1d20+4)[13]
    Crit Damage - (1d12+4)[9]


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen redoubles his attack to take out the goblin, hoping to move up and help with what seems to be the leader of this goblin pack.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Attack:
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (+3 base, +1 enhance, +1 bless)
    Damage:
    (1d8+4)[8] (+3 base, +1 enhance)
    Spoiler: crit?
    Show

    Spoiler: crit?
    Show
    Attack:
    (1d20+5)[6] (+3 base, +1 enhance, +1 bless)
    Damage:
    (1d8+4)[11] (+3 base, +1 enhance)


    AC 13 (13/10/13 R/T/FF)
    HP 9/13

    Arcane Pool Enhancement 3 rounds out of 1 minute duration.

    Movement:
    If I take down the goblin step into his square (AK-11), if not stay where I'm at


  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Look, goblin. You're going to die here. Why not surrender and beg for Sarenrae's mercy?". Lizuga keeps beating at the last goblin.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    step to W-23; Shield bash (1d20+5)[14], (1d4+4)[6]+(1d6)[4]
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[17], damage (1d12+4)[5]+(1d6)[2] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[5]+(1d6)[2].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[21], damage (1d12+4)[8]+(1d6)[2] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[5]+(1d6)[2]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter: None
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[7]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[7]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 10/10, fast healing 3, 6 rounds.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-05 at 03:02 PM.
    Semper ludens.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    By the many possible faces of Ng, now you've made me mad! Adalbert exclaims after Justin was felled. He grips his dagger more firmly. In return, the other goblin swipes at him, prompting the halfling to duck away. Correction, now you've made HIM mad. He touches Justen and magical energy flows back into the body of the fallen guard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft. step towards AH11, casting Cure Light Wounds on Justin/Justen for real this time: (1d8+1)[6]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Square

    Lizuga tries to parley with the goblin, who seems to seriously consider the offer up to the word "Sarenrae", after which all of the hope seemed to leave him. The guard moves around the cart, flanking the goblin, and attacks with the spear one more time, still not having any success. The goblin looks around with a hunted down look and runs for his life... not very far, it turns out, as Lizuga gets him in the back for 7 damage, ending his suffering. There does not seem to be any more goblins in the immediate vicinity, but the sound of a battle can be heard from noth-east. Abstalar Zantus continues his work against the fire, which seems to have success, as only a small cloud of steam emerges after he casts the spell.

    Town Gate

    Silna swings the axe at the goblin dog. It's rider tries to react and get the mount out of harm's way, but not quickly enough. The axe hits it's mark for 13 damage, downing the dog and sending the rider prone on the ground. Lebwen continues to fight his solo fight against a goblin, but does not manage to land a solid blow. Adalbert steps back and casts a healing spell at the guard, who opens the eyes to see the goblin dog and the goblin on the ground near him. The noble sneaks up onto a goblin, who was too busy fighting Lebwen, swinging the cane and striking the goblin's head for 10 damage, downing him. Goblin rider attempts to stand up and attack Silna...

    Spoiler: Town Square
    Show
    Guard: (1d20+6)[8] for (1d8+3)[5]
    No map now because the combat is over.
    Spoiler: Town Gate
    Show
    Goblin ride: (1d20+9)[23] (Mounted Combat)
    Zantus's blessing is still active and you know what, it makes quite a difference!
    Goblin ride: (1d20+9)[14] (soft fall DC 15)
    Noble: (1d20+5)[19] for (1d3+2)[4] + (2d6)[6]

    Goblin rider stands up and...
    Goblin rider: (1d20+4)[16] for (1d8+1)[3] vs Silna
    Noble AoO: (1d20+3)[4] for (1d3+2)[5]


    => Party (everyone, any order; Justin is prone; Silna can make an AoO)
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-06 at 11:09 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "At least I served as a distraction..." Lebwen says as the noble makes short work of the goblin, shaking his head sightly. He steps up, trying to put an end to goblin rider.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Step AK-11
    Attack:
    (1d20+7)[24] same as before + flank
    Damage:
    (1d8+4)[12]

    arcane pool bonus, 4 rounds out of 1min

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Die, you....you fiend! Adalbert exclaims.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin opens is eyes, pain blooming across his chest as the wounds, large and ragged lie open. The sky spins overhead in a reflection of blades, steel and spinning weapons that flicker in and out of his eyeline. He looks back at the halfling stepping away from him, the source of the miraculous healing. Seeing the dog dead at his feet he looks around without moving at the goblin that had chopped him down surrounded, fading in and out of senseibility he thinks to lie there just for a moment longer.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    lying still feigning death
    1/12 Hps!


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Damn it, move! Adalbert presses his hand on Justin's chest again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If we stay in initiative, I assume the danger has not passed yet. Another Cure Light Wounds just to be safe.
    CLW (1d8+1)[7]

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    As the goblin rider arises, Silna uses the opening to swipe at him with her blade. Her armor deflects the goblin's strike, and she responds with a growl.

    Spoiler: Language: Goblin
    Show
    "We mightier!"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Silna takes her attack of opportunity on the goblin rider's turn.
    AoO - (1d20+8)[24] (+4 melee, +2 favored enemy, +1 racial, +1 blessing)
    AoO Damage - (1d12+6)[15] (+4 2-handed axe, +2 favored enemy)

    Spoiler: Possible AoO Crit
    Show
    AoO Confirm - (1d20+8)[10]
    AoO Crit Damage - (1d12+6)[8]

    On her own turn, Silna attacks again.

    Attack - (1d20+8)[15] (+4 melee, +2 favored enemy, +1 racial, +1 blessing)
    Damage - (1d12+6)[12] (+4 2-handed axe, +2 favored enemy)
    Spoiler: Possible Crit
    Show
    Crit Confirm - (1d20+8)[28]
    Crit Damage - (1d12+6)[7]

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    Lizuga grins and winks at the guard. She spikes her hammer into the ground next to the fallen goblin, and quickly looks it over. She checks for a purse, mage gear, valuable weapons, that sort of thing. "Someone incited these goblins to come here. Maybe there's a purse full of freshly minted clues", she thinks to herself.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Profession: Soldier - (1d20+7)[16]
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+5)[25], damage (1d12+4)[16]+(1d6)[1] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[5]+(1d6)[4].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[13], damage (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[5] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[1]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield). Counter: None
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[20]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[10]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 10/10, fast healing 3, 5 rounds.
    Sheet link
    Semper ludens.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Square

    Lizuga checks the fallen goblin for the loot. He turns out to have 20 gold coins in addition to his regular gear, but the coins seems to be circulated, not new. The shortbow was of adequate make and in good condition, so certainly was marketable. Lizuga was not quite so sure about goblin-style weapons and armor, but they might be worth a try too. The guy successfully drank his only potion.

    Town Gate

    Lebwen and Silna made short work of the remaining goblin, cutting him into several pieces as Adalbert cures Justin for 7 hit points. "Nice job here! And very brave! I am Aldern Foxglove, staying here in the White Deer, and I invite you for a dinner here when you finish with this." says the noble coming to the gates to check the guard lying there in a pool of blood "Hey, the guy's still breathing!"

    Overall

    By this time, the battle has been decided. There will be some goblin-finding and goblin-chasing around the town for the rest of the evening. The festival is ruined, but thanks to your timely help there is very little actual damage.

    Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Dogslicer x10
    Shortbow x11
    Arrow x220
    Leather armor x9
    Studded leather x2
    Whip, 20gp and spell component pouch on the caster
    Mwk horsechopper and potion of CMW (unmarked, so the content is not immediately obvious) on the rider
    Everything is goblin-sized

    => Party (immediate actions and plans for the rest of the evening)
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-08 at 05:39 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert Hornwood, of the Academy of Applied Magic, understudy to master wizard Kalizandrex Poppo, pleased to meet you.

    Adalbert extends his hand to greet Mr Foxglove: Adalbert Hornwood, of the Academy of Applied Magic, understudy to master wizard Kalizandrex Poppo, very pleased to meet you.

    Say, do these small barbarians attack here often? Mistress dwarf over there seemed to know how to deal with them. I've only read about goblins who worship barghests but I have never seen them. That was so exciting. And...sorry about your dog. I deemed it more important to help the guard.


    The halfling suddenly remembers something and storms to the fallen human. Don't move. I need to check if the bad wounds were healed. Tell me if it hurts, okay? The halfling touches Justin like a doctor would do, except he is in no way a physician. He presses against your temples, against the chest and arms. He checks the hips for any damage. At least you are breathing and stable. Sir Foxglove, do you know a medic around here? I want to make sure this man is cared for. He almost gave his life for our safety. I thank you for the invitation.

    When everyone is cared for, Adalbert picks up his notebook and starts his investigations. Fascinating creatures...peculiar weaponry...ugly faces. He sketches a few goblin heads, a horsechopper and the traditional garb of these miniature barbarians.



    He then proceeds to check the spell component pouch. Is that a rancid cupcake? These shamans have interesting rites. The halfling spends a good half hour piling up the weapons, and other notable gear from the goblins. What do you usually do with that, my lady he asks the dwarven ranger. I am Adalbert Hornwood, of the Academy of Applied Magic, understudy to master wizard Kalizandrex Poppo, pleased to meet you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Small image to the character art in the post title, as well as the new sheet.
    Last edited by Sporeegg; 2018-12-08 at 05:29 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    After the goblins are dispatched, Silna turns her attention to Aldern. "Silna Glintstone, glad to be of service. I don't know much what to do to help the fellow... any way I can help you?"

    She offers her aid. Afterward, she comes up to the halfling Adalbert, who promptly introduces himself. "Silna Glintstone, of Janderhoff. These goblins are a scourge all over Varisia; I've spent some time tracking down their bands in the past. As for their gear, well I guess it depends if anything's useful. Use what you can, sell off some of the spare bits, unless it's your custom to bury your enemies with their gear, which I can't fault you for."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aid Another to Heal - (1d20+1)[20]

    If Silna can salvage some of the arrows to work them into crossbow bolts (using Craft (weapons)), she'll take a bunch of them. I assume she'll need to spend time on that later.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    -Lebwen-

    After Adalbert looks over Justin, Lebwen offers Justin his hand to help get up and says "Good fighting there, you look like you can take a beating as well as give one out. Surviving is the important part" with a bit of a chuckle.

    After Aldern mentions the fallen guard Lebwen heads over to check him out. After briefly looking at the guard he says "I'm not much for healing, but I'll help carry him to the temple, they should be able to help. If anyone wants to help, carrying him will probably be better than dragging him. My name is Lebwen by the way, glad to see others weren't afraid to fight. Once he is taken care of I'll take you up on that dinner Aldern."

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    I assume someone will help me with the guard, either way, I'll make sure the guard gets to the temple before heading to the White Deer.
    Any of the mundane items that aren't claimed I'll donate to the city guard or church, since none of it is of any direct use to me and probably not much of a market for small sized gear.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga jogs up to the gate. Her clothes are torn and bloodstained where she has been hit, and her hammer and shield are both caked in blood and other viscera. She nods acknowledgement to the other warriors, and reports to the obvious nobleman in a breathless staccato: "Town square secured. Fire under control."
    Then, she bends down to heal the wounded guard. Only then does she relax and take a few deep breaths, spitting out blood and wiping her face on the only clean spot she can find on her sleeves. "Lizuga Manescu. I heard you were having trouble with giants, so I'm here to volunteer my shield."
    Semper ludens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •