The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 720 of 1000
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    Spoiler: Readief attack if allowed
    Show
    Lucerne hammer (1d20+7)[9], damage (1d12+4)[16], doubled vs charge

    Spoiler: AOO #1
    Show
    Lucerne hammer (1d20+7)[18], damage (1d12+4)[14]

    Spoiler: AoO #2
    Show
    Lucerne hammer (1d20+7)[17], damage (1d12+4)[7]
    Semper ludens.

  2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    After the door is opened Adalbert shoots through, but being behind both Iris and Lizuga, misses the obscured target. Justin goes in and with two swift strikes kills the nearest goblin dog, at the same time feeling divine energy recovering his wounds. Iris then shoots at the goblin dog further north, hitting with one attack for 6 damage. The goblin dogs all charge at Justin. The one wounded by Iris fails to hit, but both others bite deep for 7 and 7 damage. Justin feels intense itching, but is able to kill one goblin dog with an immediate counterattack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Not sure if I'm still allowed a full attack after opening the door?
    I went with door-opening as a surprise action and then initiative as normal.

    I take it from #686 that Adalbert's performance, started before Iris opens the door, is against goblins, not goblin dogs. Correct me if I'm wrong, this makes a lot of difference.

    Goblin dog charge: (1d20+4)[19] for (1d6+3)[7]
    Goblin dog charge: (1d20+4)[19] for (1d6+3)[7]
    Goblin dog charge: (1d20+4)[15] for (1d6+3)[5]

    Justin fort: (1d20+5)[7] - allergic reaction
    Justin fort: (1d20+5)[22]


    => Party

  3. - Top - End - #693
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    I wasn't expecting a kennel of these things. Remember, they are disgusting!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reactivating performance, this time for goblin dogs. Yes previously was goblins.

  4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin cries out as the dogs savage him, the anger abated as his counter cuts one in half. Following that he drives his sword through both dogs

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show


    Piercing strike (1d20+7)[21] dam (2d6+5)[13] Vs both dogs
    ++ Heal 4 if I hit

    HPs 13/20
    Saves +5/4/0 +2 Vs Death/Fatigue/Exhaust/Poison
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 vs goblin dogs from Naturalist

    Conditions:

    Rash: -2 dex, -1 cha - any magical healing cures

    Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

    Heal 4 hp o a hit 1/round (Lizugae stance)


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    Iris lines up carefully as Justin fights off the dogs. He looks like he has the better of them now but she nevertheless waits and watches, firing if an opportunity presents.

    Spoiler: Actions & status
    Show
    Full: Longbow vs goblin dog (1d20+7)[8] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+2)[9]
    Longbow vs goblin dog (1d20+7)[20] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+2)[5]

    Friendly Fire Maneuvers to ignore allies as cover.

    Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 3, Init 6, HP 17/17, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +7 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +6 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition
    Lucky Number [16] (24 hours): reroll or +2 Luck bonus if number [16] rolled
    Naturalist (Adalbert): +2 insight bonus to AC, attacks & saves vs goblin dogs
    Spoils of War Stance (Lizuga): Allies within 30' heal 4 hp when they hit with an attack (once per round).
    Indomitable Presence (Justin): All allies within 30-ft. of Justin gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and +2 morale to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects

  6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    With one swing, Justin kills both of the remaining goblin dogs. He feels the itching and some of the pain relieved by divine energy of Sarenrae. Iris stands ready, watching for more opposition, but nothing seems to come at the moment.

  7. - Top - End - #697
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert clears his throat and kicks the downed dog. I could've done this. Still out of breath from the combat before, he advances into the kennel. If they are holding the dogs here, this small room behind there must be a holding cell or similar. Adalbert advances, checks for traps and tries to open the door, with the aid of his MW thieves' tools if necessary.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there some natural cave or similar near where I can perform my fey magic? I don't assume so, but please keep me up to date.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-08-03 at 10:38 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert checks the door. It's rather simple and crude make, locked from the outside with a latch. Adalbert opens it. In the far corner of this small room lies a big dog. Adalbert sees some stains of old, and not so old, dried blood on it's fur. The dog slowly stands up and growls. Then it sniffs at the air and growls quieter.


    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a dog. I mean, a normal medium-sized dog, not some species of filthy rodent named a "goblin dog" for lack of better name.

  9. - Top - End - #699
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Aww, what's the matter, little one? I know you're scared but we are here to help you out of here and back to your master. Adalbert approaches the dog with his hands extended, always ready to retreat. He tries to get to the dog, clean it (via magic) and offers it some much needed water. If able, Adalbert calms the animal.

    Could someone of you help me? I assume it would calm down if someone not dressed like a goblin approaches it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Handle Animal: (1d20+3)[4] if no one helps me.
    +3 from Inspire Competence, +4 from Aid Another from Helpful trait (against skill DC 15) if someone tries their own luck.
    I'd probably take 10 on knowledge nature (not on what a dog is, but how to treat it in this situation)
    Remember my AC

  10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "What have you found Adalbert? A dog, and a normal dog at that, huh? Think it was captured from a human settlement?" Lebwen says as he approaches and looks into the pen. If the dog doesn't react upon seeing Lebwen he'll take a quick look around for any good food around the pen, and if nothing can be quickly found, take a bit of rations from his pack and slowly approach and offer it to the dog.

  11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin wipes the dog blood off the sword and looks at the others, a grin on his face. As Adalbert opens the next door and reveals the dog Justin relaxes. "Poor old dog. Shall we give it sone water and let it out?" he asks the others.

    Glancing at the other doors he motions. "Shall we move on once he's watered, the green skin will know we are here?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga stares at the dog pensively. Her hammer is lowered and her entire stance is relaxed.

    "You want to show us something, boy?" she asks in a sing-song voice.
    Semper ludens.

  13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert's approach is not exactly welcome and he knows better than to force a contact on an unfriendly animal. The goblins did not seem to clean the room for quite some time and clearly did not bathe the dog or take it out for a walk. Adalbert cleans the dog from some paces away, which seems to work just fine. He then fills half a broken jug located on the floor with some clean water and steps aside. The goblins did not seem to often do that either, looking by how the dog starts to quickly lap up, eyeing Adalbert warily. As it bends down to the jug, you can see a not completely healed would on the back of its neck, in addition to all other wounds.

    Lebwen comes in. A quick look does not reveal any food in the immediate vicinity (Lebwen probably have excluded both goblins and goblin dogs as valid sources of food). So, Lebwen takes a trail ration, wets some hard chucks and places them on the floor, along with some jerky. These are very clearly welcome, as is the sight of a real human providing the care. The dog quickly swallows a large piece of jerky and continues to lap up, wagging his tail occasionally. As more humans appear, all non-threatening, it begins to wag its tail more quickly. Maybe remembering being addressed as "boy", who knows?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lebwen handle animal: (1d20+12)[21] - helping this failed by Adalbert's original roll, +3 forom inspire competence and +10 from giving water
    Lizuga handle animal: (1d20+10)[15] - including Adalbert's help (1d20+3)[19], +3 from inspire competence and +5 for giving food
    What you did improved the animal's attitude from Unfriendly to Friendly. You can sort of handle it, but it is, currently, not your dog. It would take something else and DC8 check to improve this to Helpful. Adalbert thinks he can try to safely approach now.

    Lizuga probably can see the dog has 2 current hit points out of total of, like, 13. Eating/drinking will probably take upwards of 3 minutes if you are inclined to wait.

  14. - Top - End - #704
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    It's just a dog but.... Adalbert starts and then sighs as he heals the dog for the last bit of magic he has left.

    Spoiler
    Show
    CLW on dog(1d8+3)[9]

  15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    Iris looks on happily as Adalbert and Lebwen comfort the dog.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Quick post as slammed for time right now.

    I'm happy to use Agent of Chance trait if anyone wants to reroll a skill check. Or I can save it for later.

  16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin stands back in the courtyard, waiting and watching for any goblin attack whilst the others talked to the dog. He looks, considering which door might be next.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert casts the spell and, extending the hand holding the charge, approaches the dog, who takes some time from the eating and drinking to sniff at the air until Adalbert's hand touches his nose. It then sniffs Adalbert head to toe and continues its feast happily wagging its tail.

    Justin stands watch in the courtyard while everyone else seems occupied with the dog. He shifts his attention from one door to the other when he suddenly feels like he might have noticed some limited movement with the corner of his eye. Not sure about it, he quickly turns his head towards the door the party has just passed through... and sees nothing... accompanied by some quick steps and the sound of a door closing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you've got yourselves a fully-trained wolfhound.

    Justin is in U15. Everyone else is in or around the room to north-west.

  18. - Top - End - #708
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    The halfling immediately remembers something about his cousins actually riding these things. Cavalry might not have been the most prominent combat form for halfling resistance fighters but riding dogs are usually great courier pets. Okay, boy, can we just try something? Adalbert tries to mount the newly invigorated dog.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Riding: (1d20+3)[14] aiming to stay seated without a saddle.

  19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga smiles at the shenanigans with the dog. Then she walks back to Justin, slaps him playfully on the arm, and takes up a relaxed stance besides him.
    Semper ludens.

  20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert gets on the dog, who seems to tolerate it just fine. The dog's hair is long enough to grab onto, so Adalbert is pretty sure he could ride around easily, at least at moderate pace and without trying any tricks. Eventually the dog finishes its feast and seems to be quite happy with the course of events, ready to follow its benefactors wherever they would like to go.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Further actions? I suspect we are sort of waiting for Justin, but that is not mandatory.

  21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Looks like he likes you" Lebwen says to Adalbert. "Though I would maybe put off riding him until you get to know him a bit better, given his poor treatment by the goblins if he sees any more he is likely to run away or attack them and you probably don't want to be along for the ride either way."

    To the party "Well lets keep looking. There seems to be two doors to the south, lets split between the two and open them on the count of three. Not that I think we've got much chance of surprising anyone at this point" Lebwen then moves to the western most door to the south and gets ready to open it, giving the others a moment to move closer.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Yeah, I was waiting for Justin to let us know he noticed something.

    Maybe not the best idea to open both doors at once, but as it is we've been killing most of the goblins/dogs we see before the entire party gets to act.

  22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin looks about, eyes narrowing. Seeing nothing he glances back at Lizuga, "How is the dog?" He gestures with his sword and axe at the doors. "Any preference? Or just the next one along?" He glances back towards the door once more. "I thought I might have seen something but its gone now. THings with magics are challenging I think."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  23. - Top - End - #713
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert just off the dog once again, stroking his fur as thanks. While I disagree, riding is far more difficult, especially without saddle. We have to check the fort. As Justin mentions seeing something in the corner of his eye. No one spotted their ambush. These goblins are feisty. We have to stay wary, we should follow your suspicions. I wouldn't discount your senses just now. Take the dog, I shall check.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[18]

  24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    You let the halfling check the room whence you came to the courtyard. It seems to be exactly in the state you left it. The dog sniffs at the dead goblin dogs in the courtyard while you prepare to open the doors leading south. At the count of three you open the doors. The eastern door leads to a small room with shelves of crude tools, nets and such. There is a large wooden cage that contains dozens of live rabbits. The western double door leads to another double door, which you, having found nothing of real interest so far, also open. It leads to a tower. There is double door leading east out of the tower. There are stairs leading up to a closed trapdoor in the ceiling.

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Doesn't look like the leaders are this way, I'll check this room, anyone want to go up and check the tower?" Lebwen says, then moves to the doors to the east, waiting for a moment for others to act, then opens the door.

  26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    "Yeah, I'll check out up top". Iris ascends the staircase carefully with bow in hand. When she gets to the roofline she pops her head out cautiously, mindful that there might be archers till up there. If all is safe she takes a look out at the scene visible from the tower.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    stealth if needed (1d20+9)[20]
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-08-09 at 05:50 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin nods to the magus. "Aye, I can check up top.". Looing about he gestures at the door on the north side of the courtyard (T13), "Shall we try that next when we've checked these last two rooms?"

    Whilst the the others consider he bounds up the stairs, sword in hand and other hand free to open the trapdoor. He bounces up and flips open the trapdoor and jumps up to the next level...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris and Justin go up the stairs to check the top of the tower. The trapdor requires some force to open and when you finally do it you see that it was blocked by an unconscious goblin lying ontop of it. Another goblin showing no signs of life is lying on the southern side. Iris peeks down from the tower while Justin stays mostly below the trapdoor. To the south-east she sees the rope bridge guarded by Shalelu. Shalelu notices Iris and waves a hand. To the east is another guard tower. It seems unoccupied. To the north-east are the courtyard and, behind it, the roof of a large part of the fort. To the south Iris can see the goblins' bushy encampment. Mostly the bushes, in fact, but she knows the encampment is there. The place with thistle door from which she engaged in shooting against the goblins seems unoccupied. To the west is the sea and shoreline extending to the limit of the vision, which is somewhat closer than the now-extended horizon due to the thin mist above the sea. Iris can barely see a lone fishing boat. To the north outside of the fort two goblins are arguing about something, actively gesticulating and looking mostly south along the fort wall. They have their bows ready, but do not seem to have noticed Iris. One has a dead seagull tucked under his belt.

    Lebwen opens double door leading east. Then, to confirm his guess, opens another double door leading east. He now sees the hall through which the party entered the fort. It seems just like Lebwen left it, so he decides he can give some attention to the door leading north. The door is nailed shut and reeks pickles.

    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #719
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    The halfling sees his friends disappear, but feels safe enough to slink about the dog kennel. He kind of tries to keep the dog within arms reach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Silently opening door above V13: Stealth (1d20+10)[24] (I assume size bonus is applicable?)
    Perception: (1d20+5)[23]
    If I get surprised, I'll burn my Heightened Awareness for better Initiative.

  30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert opens the door leading north from the courtyard. Behind it is a short narrow corridor leading north, ending with a door leading east. Adalbert opens that door too. Behind it is an even shorter corridor leading east, ending with two doors leading north and south. Neither corridor is illuminated by anything other than the light getting there through the doors Adalbert has opened. Whatever is behind the yet unopened doors seems to be not illuminated either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •