New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

Wincing from the blows he took but seeing his friends take down many of the goblins, Lebwen pushes his luck a bit and attacks the remain goblin.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

attack
    (1d20+6)[21]
    damage
    (1d8+4)[7]

I don't think I have any bonuses, so that is my base attack

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Lebwen hits goblin warchanter for 7 damage. "You die here! You all die here!" screams the goblin stepping back and drawing the bow. He shoots and a small arrow gets lodged in Lebwen's left arm for 3 damage.

You hear a door opened with a kick somewhere to the south. You hear someone heavily armored moving quickly somewhere to the south, accompanied by a bow shot. "She's a big one. I told you she'll come, but now we are ready!" is said in a very low voice. You hear the dog barking. Then another bow shot. Then some short arcane phrase, a "whoosh" of flame and whining of a dog. "Three of them here, including bugbear and a caster!"

Spoiler: Iris and Adalbert
    Show
    You see one of this man...

...and three of this woman:

The woman has just produced a cone of flame at Shalelu and the dog.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Warchanter shortbow: (1d20+6)[24] for (1d4)[3]

Lebwen has 2 hit points (+4 from the hit thanks to Lizuga's stance, -3 from the arrow). Lizuga is prone in the grease.

=> Party (everyone, any order)

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

I have had it with you and your mayhem. Go burn at Asmodeus' Throne. Adalbert grimaces as he throws his weapon to the ground and pulls out the crossbow, aiming at the last goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[11]
    (1d6)[1]
    Hopefully the 4hp/hit effect is still active.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin curses, "Damn it, more of them. Where have they come from?" he muses out loud. "Hold on Shalelu, we are coming.." he calls out he runs towards the faint whoosh of fire. He spins his blades around readying for more fighting as he calls out towards the new attackers. "Who are you.... why are you working with goblins!". Seeing them he glances at the others, "Surround them, get and we can take them down"

Show

Move to W17
    Standard: Warleader - share precise strike feat +1d6 sneak attack for 5 rounds
    Immediate: Dance vs attack if I get hit (1d20+10)[26]

HPs 26/28
    Saves +5/5/3 +2 Vs Death/Fatigue/Exhaust/Poison
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 vs goblin dogs from Naturalist

Conditions:

Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

Naturalist: +2 attacks and AC vs Lizard

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

She grunts in frustration as the battle shifts and expands. With only one foe to the north and many potentials to the south she decides to help clear the room so everyone can focus. "Oh - are you still here?!" she mocks the lone goblin.

Spoiler: actions & status
    Show
    delay action until last in party in case anyone wants to get healz from attacking the warchanter.

Not: 5ft step to Y15
    Full: Longbow (1d20+7)[16] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +1 judgment, +1 Point Blank) damage (1d8+3)[9] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)
    Longbow (1d20+7)[17] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +1 judgment, +1 Point Blank) damage (1d8+3)[7] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)

Attack goblin warchanter in first instance otherwise fighter-type to the south (Assuming southern caster has soft cover)

Immediate (if needed): Agent of Chance (one adjacent ally to reroll a skill check)
    Immediate (If attacked): Adoration - immediate sanctuary (Will DC13)

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 3, Init 6, HP 17/17, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +7 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +6 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition
    Lucky Number [16] (24 hours): reroll or +2 Luck bonus if number [16] rolled
    Indomitable Presence (Justin): All allies within 30-ft. of Justin gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and +2 morale to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects
    Judgment (Justice): +1 sacred to attack rolls
    Spoils of War Stance (Lizuga): Allies within 30' heal 4 hp when they hit with an attack (once per round).

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga

Lizuga hammers the curved backspike into the wood of the doors and bodily drags herself across the floo to escape the greased area.

Full round action to move 5'; Y15.
    Semper ludens.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Still battered but lacking a better option Lebwen presses the attack again, casting a spell into his sword, then stepping up and releasing the spell as part of his attack.

Show

Assuming I've got this right, full round action lets me cast a spell and do a normal attack, and the spell in question is a melee touch attack that can be made with the sword, so 2 attacks, and avoiding the AOO by casting before moving up. The spell will go off after the first hit.

Casting cauterize, so +1 damage to first that connects

attack 1
    (1d20+6)[25]
    damage
    (1d8+4)[9]

attack 2
    (1d20+6)[20]
    damage
    (1d8+4)[7]

I don't think anyone has any buffs up.
    I know Adalbert tried to give me some cure items, but I didn't get them on my sheet

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalbert shoots his crossbow at the goblin, but hits only the wall. The bolt leaves only a little dent in it and falls to the floor. Justin lets the others deal with the remaining goblin and leads the counter-offensive south. Lizuga uses her hammer to drag herself out of grease and onto the "clean" floor. Lebwen steps up and with two strikes finishes the goblin. He thinks that one might just have been enough, but better to be sure. Now that the room is clear of goblins, Iris shoots two arrows at the man to the south. He easily blocks both with his heavy steel shield.

The dog attacks the bugbear, who manages to take his leg away before it's biten. Shalelu steps back towards the courtyard and quickly releases three arrows: one against the man and two against the three identical women. The arrow against the man is again blocked by his shield. The first arrow against the identical women hits one in the cheek for 3 damage. The second arrow hits one in the chest... and it disappears with a puff.

"Kill this stupid dog, it's in the way!" shouts the bugbear in a very low voice. Two identical women point their wands at the dog. One missile of magical energy shoots out of the tip of one wand and hits the dog. The dog yelps and falls to the floor. An arrow is shot from the east to the west. It hits something soft. "Ouch, bastard!" The armored man comes closer swinging his sword. It hits some remains of the door. "Nothing personal, guys, gals. Just earning my pay."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think you can edit both of those naturalist entries out of crunch section of Justin's next post. They no longer apply.
    Lizuga seems to do two things at once, to same general effect. I went with the IC one.

Wolfhound bite: (1d20+3)[15] for (1d6+3)[8] trip (1d20+3)[6]

Shalelu longbow: (1d20+9)[20] for (1d8+1)[3] sleep DC11
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+9)[29] for (1d8+1)[3] sleep DC11 real/figment (1d3)[1]
    Shalelu confirm: (1d20+9)[16] for (2d8+2)[6]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+4)[19] for (1d8+1)[9] sleep DC11 real/figment (1d3)[3]
    Lyrie will: (1d20+5)[24]

Magic missile: (1d4+1)[2]
    Bruthasmus longbow: (1d20+11)[21] for (1d8+9)[14] plus (2d6)[7]
    Oric bastard sword: (1d20+7)[10] for (1d10+9)[18]

The dog is in negatives in X19. Lizuga is prone.

Last edited by u-b; 2019-08-21 at 12:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

When my friends you, no amount of divine powers can puzzle you back together. This is it, friends. Basic mercenaries, start with the bastard that thinks kicking puppies is okay.

Adalbert is out of breath but the adrenaline colors his head in a bright red.

Spoiler
    Show
    Naturalist on humans +2 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin feels a rage build within him as he see's Shalelu attacked by the brute mercanary. He points with his sword and axe, "Try me craven coward" before rushing in, a shout of "Follow me!" to the others as he inspires then to follow him. He charges at the man, sword lunging out in a long straight thrust to his throat.

Show

Swift: Initiate Brave Gambit (+2 luck to hit; Recover 2 maneuvres (swift claws and bloody riposte); Allies gain +2 to damage on their next attack
    Charge the Human(charging to W18): (1d20+14)[20] Dam (2d6+6)[15]
    - BAB 3, Dex 4, MW 1, naturalist 2, charge 2, gambit 2 = +14

Immediate: Dance vs attack if I get hit (1d20+10)[13]

HPs 26/28
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 vs Humans from Naturalist

Conditions:

Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

Naturalist: +2 to hit/AC vs Humans

Precise strike sharing Round 2/5
    Last edited by DrK; 2019-08-21 at 04:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga

Lizuga rises to her feet. Her features are grim, her eyes narrowed. She rushes to Adalbert to clap a hand to his wounds; they quickly start glowing; and then she hurries out to the corridor. She looks at the human mercenaries, and says quietly: "Mercy is still an option, even for the likes of you. But I really hope you won't make use of it".

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move action to stand up. Move action to X17. Swift action to tag Adalbert with Triage on the way.
    Buffs (not included): +2 atk/AC from Naturalist, +2 damage from Justin.

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[15], (1d12+4)[6] - or shield bash (1d20+6)[13], (1d4+4)[8].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[21], (1d12+4)[12] - or or shield bash (1d20+6)[21], (1d4+4)[8]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 19 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +6 armor). Counter: Oaken Shield (+4 AC)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+2)[5]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curates Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 24/24
    Sheet link
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris keep advancing slowly, drawing arrows and firing them one after the other as she does, a look of determination fixed on her face. "Just earning my pay." By the Nine Hells that's no excuse! "Stand down soldier! You've chosen the wrong side today."

Show
    Not: 5ft step to X15
    Full: Longbow vs Oric (1d20+9)[15] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +1 judgment, +1 Point Blank, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+3)[5] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)
    Longbow vs Oric (1d20+9)[11] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +1 judgment, +1 Point Blank, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+3)[7] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)

Immediate (if needed): Agent of Chance (one adjacent ally to reroll a skill check)

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 3, Init 6, HP 17/17, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Condition
    Indomitable Presence (Justin): All allies within 30-ft. of Justin gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and +2 morale to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects
    Spoils of War Stance (Lizuga): Allies within 30' heal 4 hp when they hit with an attack (once per round).
    Naturalist (Adalbert): +2 insight bonus to AC, attacks & saves vs humans
    Precise Strike (Justin): +1d6 sneak damage to flanked foes

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Lebwen moves towards the new group, but not having a clear path to charge them he moves into the hallway and conjures an electric arrow that he sends flying at the human in the doorway.

Show

move to X-16
    cast Deadeye's Arrow
    (1d20)[1] (+2 BAB, +2 naturalist, -4 shooting into melee) vs Touch
    damage
    (1d6+3)[9]

HPs 6 (2+4) (the buff from Lizuga is still going right? So heal 4 for hitting the warcaster)

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalbert starts to explain how to deal with the humans. Justin charges the nearest one, but the attack is blocked by the man's heavy steel shield. Lizuga stands up, bestows some fast healing on Adalbert and moves closer to the action. Iris shoots two arrows at the man who blocks the first one with the shield and leans sideways to let the other fly past. Lebwen lets fly a magical arrow of electricity which bolts straight south, past the armored man and into the wall near the front door.

Shalelu steps back into the courtyard and from behind the corner shoots three arrows at the armored man, two of them hitting for 8 and 8 damage. Twin women, hiding behind a corner, cast the same spell and a thick layer of grease appears under Lizuga and Justin. Both manage to retain their footing. The bugbear steps closer, pulls his mighty bow and shoots an arrow at Justin, hitting the young man in the belly for 9 damage. "The wrong side is the losing side, and this is yet far from decided." says the armored man, swings his bastard sword and hits Justin mightily in the head for 16 damage. Justin's head jerks to the side and, through the tinnitus, he thinks that is just very good a chain shirt comes with steel cap.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge attack misses, so brave gambit fails and no +2 to damage for allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    (+2 BAB, +2 naturalist, -4 shooting into melee) vs Touch
    There is soft cover too. Anyway, a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    HPs 6 (2+4) (the buff from Lizuga is still going right? So heal 4 for hitting the warcaster)
    Yep.

Shalelu longbow: (1d20+7)[24] for (1d8+1)[8]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+7)[21] for (1d8+1)[8]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+2)[11] for (1d8+1)[5]

Justin reflex: (1d20+5)[19] success
    Lizuga reflex: (1d20+2)[15] success

Bruthasmus longbow: (1d20+4)[23] for (1d8+5)[9] Behind a corner from Lizuga, so no AoO.
    Oric bastard sword: (1d20+7)[18] for (1d10+9)[16] I read it that Justin's AC is 18 (+2 from naturalist, -2 from charge), so a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Immediate: Dance vs attack if I get hit
    This expires worthless and no swift action this round.

The dog is in negatives in X19. W17X18 is greased. Justin has 1 hit point by my count.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga rebalances herselfs and swings at the shielded mercenary.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    No roll to remain standing in your square! :-)
    Swift action to heal Justin for 9.
    atk - (1d20+9)[17], damage - (1d12+4)[6]

Show

+2 atk & AC vs humans (Naturalist)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[14], (1d12+4)[11] - or shield bash (1d20+6)[26], (1d4+4)[7].
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[26], (1d12+4)[10] - or or shield bash (1d20+6)[9], (1d4+4)[7]
    Show
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24]
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13]
    Show
    (1d20+6)[13]
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curates Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 1/3
    Sheet link
    Semper ludens.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin's head rings as the bastard sword slams into him and an arrow punches into his hip. He breathe out as Lizuga's energy flows into him ablating the worst of the injury. He steps forward out if the grease through the door, sword skittering off the man's shield as the axe lashes towards the bugbear. He looks back "surround him, bring him down!"

Show

5ft forward to X19 out of the grease
    Full attack Vs human and bug bear
    (1d20+8)[10] Vs human (2d6+6)[15]
    (1d20+6)[23] Vs bugbear (2d6+4)[15]

HPs 14/28
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 vs Humans from Naturalist

Conditions:

Naturalist: +2 to hit/AC vs Humans

Precise strike sharing Round 3/5
    Last edited by DrK; 2019-08-24 at 02:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Bow in hand Iris trills a short high-pitched melody, seeking to cloud the mind of the mercenary.

Show
    Not: 5ft step to W16 or X16 (depending if Lebwen moves)
    Standard: Cast Daze at Oric. Will DC 12.

Iris of Shelyn
    Condition
    Naturalist (Adalbert): +2 insight bonus to AC, attacks & saves vs humans
    Precise Strike (Justin): +1d6 sneak damage to flanked foes

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert advances towards the small hallway just enough to see the bugbear and berates him. Would you just stop trying to kill us? he shouts with a voice magically carried over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Daze DC 13 on Bruthasmus. (fingers crossed they're below 4HD)

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Not wanting to enter the grease, but having little other option Lebwen advances forward and tries to attack the human in the doorway.

Show

acrobatics
    (1d20-2)[12]

attack, assuming I get that far
    (1d20+6)[24]
    (1d8+4)[12]

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Lizuga swings at the armored man, but the attack is blocked by a timely interposed steel shield. Justin steps out of grease, taking up a space between the armored man and the bugbear, and attacking them both. The man has only to lean to the side to evade the attack while the bugbear is hit hard for 15 damage. Justin feels a little better. Iris and Adalbert cast in their different ways the spells to the same general effect but on different targets. No immediate effect is apparent. Lebwen balances through the grease, hits the armored man with full force for 12 damage and feels divine energy mend some of his wounds. The armored man assumes a somewhat worried look.

An arrow flies from the courtyard, hitting the man in the eye for 19 damage. He falls on his back and stops moving. Shalelu steps out of courtyard and shoots two more arrows past Justin at the bugbear. Both strike the chest - one between the studs of the armor for just 2 damage and other right into a steel stud. The bugbear hesitates. The twin women cast a spell. Justin feels his sword vibrate, but neither of you notices any other effect. Then the twin women get out of the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Justin acrobatics: (1d20+8)[10]

Oric will: (1d20+2)[15] vs DC 12
    Bruthasmus will: (1d20+2)[11] vs DC 13

Shalelu longbow: (1d20+7)[27] for (1d8+1)[4]
    Shalelu confirm: (1d20+7)[22] for (2d8+2)[15]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+7)[22] for (1d8+1)[2]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+2)[17] for (1d8+1)[9]

Lebwen spellcraft: (1d20+9)[20] it's shatter
    Justin will: (1d20+3)[21] the sword survives

The dog is in negatives in X19. W17X18 is greased.

Last edited by u-b; 2019-08-26 at 12:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

"Focus your shots on that spell caster, she's got some pretty powerful magic. We'll keep this bugbear trapped over here." Lebwen says as he advances to help Justin fight the beast in the hallway.

Show

move to X20

attack bugbear
    (1d20+6)[19]
    damage
    (1d8+4)[5]

If I need concealment from corner?
    (1d100)[94]

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Will do! You deal with that chunky idiot over there. I would advise against brute force. Adalbert hopes his advice helps to circumnavigate some of the defenses and offenses the bugbear has.

Spoiler
    Show
    switching Performance to Bugbear
    Double move to X22, hiding behind to corner to get a shot in next turn.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga

"Lady, I hope you know what you're doing. I hope *I* know what you're doing" Lizuga mutters softly to herself. She slides out of the greased area. She brushes against the wounded dog to heal it, then proceeds towards the courtyard.
    Show
    Swift action: Triage. Attempt to move to W19. Acrobatics check: (1d20-4)[14]. Heal the dog for 9 HP. Move action to W23.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-08-28 at 11:42 PM.
    Semper ludens.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Spotting the enemy caster, Lizuga swings her long hammer in a whistling arc; as it gathers momentum, she jumps and lets it whistle through the air and pull her into a lunge. The spike rips a bloody trail across the enemy's chest.

Show
    Standard action: Piercing Strike (15' reach) at the caster in Z24: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[24], (1d12+4)[12]

Show
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[25], (1d12+4)[14] - or shield bash (1d20+6)[17], (1d4+4)[5].
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[12], (1d12+4)[5] - or or shield bash (1d20+6)[26], (1d4+4)[8]
    Show
    Show
    (1d20+4)[10]
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8]
    Show
    (1d20+6)[16]
    Show
    Triage: 0/3
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-08-28 at 11:47 PM.
    Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin breathes a silent sigh of relief as the man falls to the ground. Then spinning motions to the bugbear, "Cone beast, prepare to meet whatever foul thing made you." Spurred on by Lebwen at his side he chops at the bug bear with Adalbert's encouragement

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Full attack Bugbear
    (1d20+8)[25] dam (2d6+6)[10]
    (1d20+8)[23] dam (2d6+4)[12]

HPs 18/28
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 vs bugbears from Naturalist

Conditions:

Naturalist: +2 to hit/AC vs bugbears

Precise strike sharing Round 3/5

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

With the spellcaster escaping Iris attempts to follow up and move after her. Carefully she tests her steps to try and make her way across the magically slick floor.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Move: Attempt & fail to move through grease. Ref DC? or prone (1d20+5)[12]
    Standard: Either stand up from prone, or Longbow vs bugbear (1d20+9)[17] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, +1 judgment, +1 Point Blank, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+3)[4] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Lebwen comes to help Justin with the bugbear. He makes a swing, but hits only the wall. Adalbert moves closer into the grease and suggests preferable tactics against the bugbear. Lizuga moves south, healing the dog by the way, and, in a deep lunge, hits one of twin women for 12 damage. The identical wound quickly appears on the other one. Justin hits the bugbear twice, for 10 and 12 damage. The bugbear is visibly unwell. Iris wades into grease, makes no progress through it, able to only keep her footing, and shoots an arrow in the general direction of the bugbear.

Shalelu moves outside just ahead of Lizuga and shoots one of twin women in the arm for 3 damage. The dog gets up from the floor and starts barking intensely at the bugbear. The bugbear drops the bow behind him, draws a heavy flail from behind his back and swings it at Justin, hitting the man in the head for 14 damage. The bugbear then steps back. The twin women wave their hands, mumbling something arcane, and are suddenly gone. Soon the rope bridge starts shaking, if only so much.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lizuga targets real/figment: (1d2)[1] (not sure if your healing abilities let you tell a figment from a living thing; probably not; a hit anyway)
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+9)[19] for (1d8+1)[3] real/figment (1d2)[1]

Bruthasmus heavy flail (1d20+7)[27] (1d10+6)[14]
    Bruthasmus heavy flail confirm (1d20+7)[12] (1d10+6)[10]

W17X18 is greased.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

She's invisible and running. Adalbert spurts out the door, drops his crossbow and gets a flask of a yellowish liquid. He pushes a small glass vial into the liquid, shakes it and throws the alchemist's fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Need to hit AC 5 with a splash weapon. I target AA29

In case of a direct hit: (1d20+7)[20]
    (1d6)[4], otherwise 1 splash fire damage. If a direct hit, DC 15 reflex or burning for one turn for (1d6)[2] again.

(1d100)[41] miss chance

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

"Well isn't that just grand. Next time we meet them, maybe we can put them in a hole with a zombie".

Lizuga turns away from the rope bridge and gasps as she sees Justin getting hammered. A wake of invigorating light washes over the party (and the little dog too) as she rushes up to heal him.

Show
    Full Round action to recover 3 maneuvers and 1 Triage, and give temp HP to allies. Swift action Triage to move to W20 Justin and give Fast Healing.

Show
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[9], (1d12+4)[8] - or shield bash (1d20+6)[22], (1d4+4)[5].
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[20], (1d12+4)[15] - or or shield bash (1d20+6)[18], (1d4+4)[6]
    Show
    Show
    (1d20+4)[9]
    Show
    (1d20+2)[15]
    Show
    (1d20+6)[22]
    Show
    Triage: 0/3
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-08-30 at 10:44 PM.
    Semper ludens.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalbert gets outside, quickly assesses the situation and throws a flask of alchamist's fire at the rope bridge where he thinks the caster woman might be. The flask shatters hitting a wooden plank and spreading the flaming contents all across a section of the rope bridge and splashing across someone invisible standing a mere two feet from the point of impact. Lizuga heads back inside and invigorates the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalbert's miss: (1d100)[43] (she's there, just no direct hit; you can see her outline for the rest of this turn)

=> Iris, Justin and Lebwen