The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 960
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen says to Justin "It looks like you've got her doing better. I don't think there is much more I can do, but let me know when she's able to move and I'll help get her on her horse." In the mean time Lebwen helps Aldern's men as best he can in field dressing and preparing the boar for the trip back to Sandpoint.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    As Justin lays her hands against her wound, Lizuga grabs his wrists and holds him in an iron grip, while still staring unblinking into the sky. Then, she gasps and bolts upright, conscious again.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Stable after that heal check. DC 12 to become conscious and disabled: (1d20+1)[15].
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-19 at 05:21 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna rides up as the boar is slain, watching Justin resuscitate Lizuga. She carefully dismounts, and offers her waterskin to her wounded companion.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Sandpoint

    The sage considers the hypothesis. "Old Light and the fire? I have not thought of it. I had the upper part of Old Light checked for magic, with negative results, and the fire started at the church, on the east side of town, some saying it was arson, but who knows, who knows..."

    "As for the goblins attacking... we aren't that old of a town, but no, this never happened. Mostly they don't bother us. Over the years, there have been reports of them trying to rob people traveling Lost Coast Road, after which punitive actions are generally taken, after which they again leave us alone." Brodert pours some more wine for himself and his guest.

    Tickwood/Sandpoint

    "You got me worried there for a moment." Aldern offers a hand to help Lizuga stand up.

    After the boar is packed, everyone gets mounted and the hunting party departs to Sandpoint. When they get to the tavern, there is a message there waiting for them, requesting to visit the mayor as soon as convenient.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Please choose where the cooking/feasting will be performed - either White Deer of Rusty Dragon. Anyway, the message is waiting in both of them.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Ugh, that thing should've had the decency to drop dead after being skewered like that", Lizuga grunts. But she is soon well enough to ride.

    Later, at the Rusty Dragon, she suggests that they meet with the mayor in the morning.
    Semper ludens.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin washes some of Lizuga's blood off his hands looking at her. "I'm impressed you can walk after it hit you like that. Can I help you up?" He's quite attentive to her making sure she gets back safely before returning to his aunt's inn. He looks for his aunt smiling, "Auntie, look, we found a boar, if we get some fancy making some spiced steaks?" If she agrees he promises the the others that they'll enjoy Ameiko's firecracker steaks washed down with more ale...

    At the suggestion of seeing the Mayor in the morning Justin nods. "He should be happy after we helped repel the goblins. I still have a few days leave before the sheriff expects me back."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga

    Lizuga holds out her hands for Justin to help her off the horse, and leans on him for support as they walk into the inn.
    Semper ludens.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen says "It takes quite a while to cook a boar. Maybe, assuming Aldern doesn't mind sharing his hunt, we could invite the Mayor for dinner. I could go make the offer if you guys want?"
    After thinking for a moment he adds "Or we could all head in that direction, would probably be a good idea to get Lizuga some real attention to her wounds, I think that wound is going to require more than a nights rest."

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Do you assume the local priest knows more about the fire? And does the Old Light have a cellar of some sorts? I don't know much about Thassilonian magic, but an artifact of that size HAS to sit on a leyline, right? After another good hour of debates on whether it is better to prevent arson by a shift in politics or protective magic, Adalbert thanks the scholar and leaves his house, heading back to the Rusty Dragon.

    I am in awe of the size of this lad. Impressive work, my hunters. Adalbert applauds the boar. He approaches, feeling the tusks. These ones are pretty long and sharp. Is everyone of you okay? Does anyone need healing? the halfling inquires.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Know (History) about the Thassilonian Empire and its warmachines: (1d20+7)[25]
    CLW if someone needs it: (1d8+1)[7]

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga holds up two fingers to ward off any questions, then chugs the rest of her beer. She sets it down, on the table, gets up, and heads for the door.

    "Let's go fetch his mayorship".
    Semper ludens.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    The mayor? A delightful idea. Maybe we can even invite the widows and orphans of the goblin attack to show our support though as badly as they did attack, I don't think there are many. He looks at the hunters's clothes and pats them down with his magical feather duster once again to make them presentable. This is just a hamlet but I don't want you dragging boar fluids on her mansion. Adalbert jokes. He then casts the same spell on his mouth making it smell a bit like peppermint.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Sage's house

    "Yes, Father Zantus should know everything that is known about the fire. His predecessor and teacher, Father Ezakien Tobyn, was killed by it. The Old Light is sure to have some structure underground, but the mayor refuses to give permission to dig deeper into it, for the fear of uncovering something that could endanger the town. I think this war machine was rather ordinary by Thassilonian means, and was placed primarily by military considerations. Which does not exclude the possibility of leyline, of course."

    Spoiler: Tassilonian history
    Show
    Adalbert has heard, or, more likely, read, that there were several Tassilonian empires. Probably they have built war machines to wage wars against each other, but that is, at best, Adalbert's educated guess.

    Town Hall

    Leaving Ameiko busy cooking the boar and Aldern overseeing the process, the party walks the Market Street, Market Square and then Main Street to the Hown Hall located on the Main Street / Tower Street intersection just opposite the Garrison. On their way they are recognized by the people as those who fought the goblins yesterday and thanked for they actions. At least, now that Lizuga's outfit was again cleaned of all blood, there was no worried questions about repeated attacks by the goblins.

    The mayor Kendra Deverin was in. She was, unsurprisingly, busy by something, but was able to invite the party into her office after a reasonably short wait.


    The mayor greets everyone by name, thanks everyone for their actions yesterday, and hands everyone a small heavy bag. This includes Justin, as while it was his duty to defend the townsfolk, the bravery he had shown yesterday should be duly rewarded. The mayor asks if everyone's in full health, and suggests visiting Abstalar Zantus regarding this issue. For that matter, Father Zantus has reported that he had caught a goblin in the Boneyard and the mayor would like to have him delivered to the garrison for interrogation, if the party is willing to take the task. Then she asks about everyone's plans for the coming days.

    Spoiler: Reward
    Show
    Everyone gets 100gp. Yes, that is per person.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    "Thank you, this gesture of appreciation is quite generous," replies Silna. "I'd be happy to help escort that goblin. And if you have any other leads, I wouldn't pass up the chance to track down more of those beasts." She sounds perhaps a little too enthusiastic about this last part, but such is her bloodlust for goblin kin.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu - some sort of holy warrior?

    "Well, I was about to seek out your militia, your Mayorship, see if there was any work fending off giants" Lizuga says, bouncing the heavy coin purse in her hand a few times.

    "If there's something else you would like us to do, well, even the righteous sometimes need a new suit of armor, eh?".
    Semper ludens.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen says "No idea when the ship repairs will be done, but a while still for sure" and then more to himself than anyone else "but with pay like this I'm thinking maybe it is time for a new line of work."

    "I would be happy to help with any jobs you need doing."

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    After Adalbert grabs his reward, he starts to monologue: Oh it was nothing Lady Deverin. The others did all the work. I just happened to be of assistance limiting casualties. But this money is sorely needed to further my research. I was actually hoping to learn something about the Old Light and its technology since it is apparent that your new chapel does not possess protective magic against fire that I could learn. The halfling's face gets serious for a minute: The city state I call home is about to be overtaken by Chelish warships any month now. We desperately need some way to turn the tides if it ever comes to an open battle. Currently the squabbles inside of Cheliax are the only thing keeping us alive. But for now, I assume it is most beneficial to help you, and get on Zantus' good side to maybe learn of his divine blessings.

    Aristotle doesn't need to be sold right now as he feared just a day ago. In fact he may be able to live well a little time longer but Adalbert was not that shortsighted. He wouldn't dish out his cash if he needed it right now. Maybe these goblins have some sort of powerful magic with them that could help too. he finally thinks.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Hall

    "I would ask you not to talk about it publicly, but we've just received an animal messenger from Shalelu Andosana, a ranger that keeps an eye on this town's interests in the surrounding wilderness. It reads: "The goblins are up to something big. I'll get to you when I learn the details.". We do not know if the message refers to yesterday's attack or to something else that is still coming. I'll ask you to remain in town until Shalelu is in, then help her deal with the goblins. In any case either a punitive or preventive action will be in order. I will offer a reward of 10 gold pieces per pair of goblin ears and an additional reward when the threat is dealt with, depending on the scope of activity required. Right now I can open you a line of credit of 500 gold pieces to equip and prepare, and your stay here will be paid by the town. As for the giants, I think we'll have to solve the problems in order in which they appear."

    If you agree, she hands you a paper stating that the bearer of it is eligible to purchases worth up to 500 gp, payable by the town of Sandpoint.

    The Cathedral

    After the meeting with the mayor, you arrive at the Sandpoint Cathedral, to escort the goblin that Father Zantus has supposedly caught. Seeng that some of you are not in perfectly good health, he holds up his holy symbol of Desna, healing everyone for up to 7 hit points. "I noticed it today's morning. The door to third vault to the left, the one where all previous caretakers, priests and acolytes are buried, was slightly ajar and some sort of movement was heard from the inside. I closed the door and put a plank against it so that they could not open it."

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu - all about the hardware

    Lizuga watches as the purchase note is pocketed. "I wasn't kidding about new armor, by the way. A nice suit of mail...maybe even breastplate. But no rush".
    Semper ludens.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Ears? You want us to cut off ears? Adalbert looks dumb-founded, his face looses a bit of color. I mean it is a viable way to ensure the safety of your town but don't you think it is a tad ... uncivilized to mutilate your enemies?

    The halfling turns to Lizuga: Armor is very important. Against those little ankle biters you may want something to protect your feet, especially your hamstrings. He makes a stabbing motion towards the much taller Lizuga. Let's make that hip area, thighs and shins. I myself would like to get a buckler. A fellow theoretical adventuring post graduate student lent me the first excerpt of his adventuring gear guide, you may want to take a look. Adalbert waves a tiny pamphlet around that looks like crudely bound handwritten pergaments. I recommend we buy a few vials of plague and toxin deterrents, smoke sticks and tanglefoot bags. If we need magic, I recommend scrolls instead of potions. They are cheaper. We cannot really afford magic. We really just need this but we have to pool our rewards.

    The halfling starts to scribble: Nonono, way too expensive. He strikes out a few items.

    Alchemist’s Fire (3) (60gp), Alkali (2) (30gp),
    Tanglefoot Bag (1) (50gp), Oil of Purify Food & Drink (1) (25gp),
    Antivenom (2) 100 gp, Antiplague (1) 50 gp,
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds (2) 100 gp, Scrolls of Cure Light Wounds (2) 50 gp.
    = 465 gold sails.


    I would get a tool to open locks for us from my own money and a buckler to defend myself. I've done an afternoon course in locksmithing. That should about cover most situations I can see us in when dealing with such barbaric tribes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Memo to self, buy masterwork thieves tools and a buckler for 105 gp

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    -Lebwen-

    Town Hall

    "That is most generous of you Mayor. I will be happy to collect all the ears I can find."
    And to Adalbert he says "If that doesn't sit well with you, I would be happy to remove them for you. Since we're turning them in I won't even need to make a necklace out of them" the last part with a wink.
    Back to the Mayor: "Do you know how long before you expect your scout to return? Any idea how organized the goblins in the area general are? Like small raiding parties we saw yesterday or more like a large scale war is possible?"

    When discussing the items needed Lebwen says to Adalbert "That is a pretty extensive list, that is what you think we need as a group, not just individually, right? I'll pitch in if the rest of the group thinks it is worthwhile."

    Then more to his fellow companions in arms:"That is more gold than I've ever really thought about spending, not sure what I need. Not being on a ship I'm less worried about drowning, so maybe some better armor, but a well made sword wouldn't be amiss either. I suppose I'll see what we can find out before making any choice"


    The Cathedral


    After the healing Lebwen says "Thank you Father for your healing power"
    Once Zantus talks about the vaults he asks "Do you think there is some creature in the vault that needs to be taken care of? I assume you're thinking more is going on than simply rats taking up residence inside? I'll check it out if you want, how big is the vault itself and I assume it is dark?"

    Lebwen is prepared to head to the vault once he gets a bit more information on the situation.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu - beer is better when the boys are buying.

    Lizuga hefts her long hammer and shrugs her shield back on. "Alright, while we're here, let's go check out that vault. If it's more goblins, last one to bag one buys the beer tonight, okay?". She holds out her armored fist for a fist bump to seal the deal with Justin, Lebwen and Silna, but stops in confusion when she gets to Adalbert.
    Semper ludens.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen returns Lizuga's fist bump and says "Sounds like a deal." And with a nudge to Adalbert says "I think he'll save us a step, he'll talk their ears right off"

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Hall

    At the bag of money and the thanks Justin looks a little abashed and mumbles a few words. "Thank you. I didn't do that much to be honest, it was mainly Silna here..." He nods to the strong ranger. He blushes as the mayor mentions Shalelu before nodding in affirmation. "Of course I'll help. Its my job and sandpoint's my home." He gladly accepts the money although he doesn't need much of anything currently.

    Cathedral

    He thanks Father Zantus as the last of the goblin's injuries close up. "Thank you Father Zantus, the wounds had been deep for such small weapons. You must be pleased the cathedral is finally completed?" As he explains the problems with the chambers Justin checks the swords at his waist and nods. "Anything I can do to help Father Zantus I will." and obediently trots down to the cellars with the others. He glances at Lizuga and bangs her fist with his own. "Hope there's enough ears to go round then..." Waiting by the door he drops into a low fighting stance ready to rush in and cut any goblins down.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Town Hall

    "In these parts we do approve this kind of mutilation as long as mutilated enemy is dead by the time you do it. Shalelu writes that she will return when she learns the details of what the goblins are up to. I think it's hard to predict when this happens. Might be several days or more. The goblins living nearby are organized into several tribes - Birdcruncher tribe lives in caves along the western edge of the Devil's Platter, Licktoad tribe in Brinestump Marsh, Seven Tooth in Shank's Wood, then there are Mosswood goblins and Thistletop goblins. I don't think any of the tribes could cause a large scale war, but they could cause a lot of problems if we are unprepared."

    The Cathedral

    Father Zantur replies: "The rats generally don't open the doors. I think it's a goblin. The vault is about 20 feet square outside with maybe 20 by 10 feet inside with side niches for gods' servants' remains. The vault is not lit, but it's small enough so you would be able to see just fine if you open the door."

    Boneyard

    The party gathers near the entcance to the vault, closed by solid stone door propped by a wooden plank. You remove the plank and open the door. Inside, there are not goblins...


    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Skeletons: (1d20+6)[7]
    Adalbert: (1d20+4)[5]
    Justin: (1d20+4)[19]
    Lebwen: (1d20+0)[3]
    Lizuga: (1d20+1)[9]
    Silna: (1d20+2)[5]


    The door should be in the center of DE, but I'm shifting it to one side for easier handling. D side won't open.

    => Justin, Lizuga

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    When discussing the items needed Lebwen says to Adalbert "That is a pretty extensive list, that is what you think we need as a group, not just individually, right? I'll pitch in if the rest of the group thinks it is worthwhile."
    What if we find a cluster of goblins close together? We don't exactly have a warmage to use some destructive evocations on them. Besides, most of the stuff is just insurance against being killed, poisons or disease. And I don't know about you but I like being alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Lebwen returns Lizuga's fist bump and says "Sounds like a deal." And with a nudge to Adalbert says "I think he'll save us a step, he'll talk their ears right off"
    My friend, there will come a day where my knowledge will save your behinds, and then you'll be thankful for having me. After all communication is key to any good researching group.

    Inside, there are not goblins...
    Gah! Use the blunt side of your weapons. Stabbing won't do anything!

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Free action to talk. I assume I identified those as skeletons, so unless those are unholy CR 10+ liches, I am good with my rolls.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu and her as yet unnamed lucerne hammer

    "Eat. Steeeeeel!!!" Lizuga shouts, startlingly loud in the stony enclosure of the catacombs. She steps in and swing her long hammer wide, smashing the first skeleton to bits against the wall. "Boo-yah!" she shouts in triumph, sending a grin back to the boys. "Only two left!"

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action Encouraging Roar, 5' step to E7, attack the skeleton at D5: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[20], damage (1d12+6)[12]+(1d6)[5] EDIT: Using Victorious Recovery to recover Encouraging Roar.
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[23], damage (1d12+6)[15]+(1d6)[2] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+6)[10]+(1d6)[5].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[20], damage (1d12+6)[9]+(1d6)[3] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+6)[7]+(1d6)[5]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 18 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +5 armor). Counter: Oaken shield, +4 to AC (additional shield bonus)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[11]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[18]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 10/10,
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-25 at 01:01 PM.
    Semper ludens.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Town Hall

    "Of course I'll help out against goblins!" Silna enthusiastically agrees to the mayor's terms. She doesn't much care for carrying around goblin ears, but she doesn't mind the thought of removing them.

    To Adalbert, she replies, "That seems like quite a lot of gear. The healing potions are a smart supply. My advice: pack light, so we can move without attracting goblin ears, and have a ranged weapon so we can take them out before they close."

    At Justin's praise, Silna smiles, muttering something about a team effort.

    The Cathedral

    As Father Zantus explains the disturbance in his vault, Silna replies, "I'm sure this group can handle whatever's disturbing your vault." When Lizuga offers a bet of ale, she enthusiastically fist bumps her agreement.

    Boneyard

    Silna raises her eyebrows in surprise at the animated bones in the vault. Adalbert shouts a warning to use the blunt end of their weapons, and suddenly Silna regrets not carrying a hammer...
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin looks about at the halfling, "I have no options but to stab 'em harder my friend" he grins as he darts inside underneath the Lucerne hammer that seems to be destroying the skeletons. Spinning his blades he steps inside seeking to stab the skeleton repeatedly through the eye sockets to destroy it, the long piercing thrust aiming to tear through both the skeleton and the dob behind it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    HPs 12/12 AC 18
    Saves +4/4/40

    Move to E5
    Piercing thrust through the human skeleton to the dog skeleton (1d20+5)[21] vs both and damage (2d6+4)[11]
    Flowing creek dance if I'm hit to negate it (1d20+8)[25] vs attack rolll

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga smashes one skeleton to bits for 17 damage. Justin darts in and thrusts his sword through the other skeleton's eye socket for 8 damage, the bones suddenly falling down from under the pierced skull. The attack also hits the canine skeleton quite hard, but does not cause it to cease moving. The skeleton lunges forward to bite and the attack would surely hit, but Justin all too nimbly steps aside just as the skeleton's jaws close on empty air.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Included Lizuga's Encouraging Roar in Justin's attack.

    Wolf skeleton: (1d20+2)[22] for (1d6+1)[2] trip (1d20+2)[11] vs CMD


    => Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-27 at 09:54 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu

    "HAHAHAHA!!" Lizuga shouts, swinging and thrusting with her hammer, but not really connecting with the enemy.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action Encouraging Roar, Attack (total: 14)
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[26], damage (1d12+6)[17]+(1d6)[1].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[21], damage (1d12+6)[17]+(1d6)[6]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 18 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +5 armor). Counter: Oaken shield, +4 to AC (additional shield bonus)
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 10/10,
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-27 at 11:14 AM.
    Semper ludens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •