The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 964
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    After Lonjiku left, and the coast is cleared, Adalbert really uses his magic to remove any dirt from the ladle. The scholar looks a bit confused, between happiness and anger. I know I should be angry but this language. It is so elegant! Adalbert makes a mental note to procure a "battle ladle" from the local blacksmith as a joke gift. After a few minutes he asks Justin. Everyone has their pride, so I wouldn't bother Ameiko with my questions. But do you know what this all was about?

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna doesn't speak up, not wishing to involve herself in the personal affairs of others, but when Adalbert asks about it, she does lean in to hear what Justin has to say.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga picks at her food. The episode seems to have blunted her appetite.
    Semper ludens.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    In the morning, the breakfast served is rather scarce and simple.

    During the breakfast Justin is approached by a timid elderly halfling woman named Bethana Corwin, a maid who works for Ameiko Kaijitsu at the Rusty Dragon. She's obviously upset and asks to speak somewhere in private.

    Spoiler: Justin
    Show
    In short, her employer has gone missing. Bethana woke earlier this morning to find that Ameiko hadn't already started breakfast, for the first time Bethana could remember. Worried, she knocked on Ameiko's door but didn't get a response. Against her better judgment, Be thana entered Ameiko's room to find it empty and the bed unslept in. Worse, she found a crumpled piece of parchment near the bed - a note from Ameiko's older brother Tsuto.

    Although it was written in Minkaian (likely to keep prying eyes from reading it, Bethana muses), Ameiko had been teaching Bethana the language over the last few years. The halfling has helpfully already translated the note's message on the opposite side.



    Bethana's worried that Tsuto's up to no good. She begs Justin to take his new friends to head over to the Glassworks and find out what happened to Ameiko as soon as possible.

    Spoiler: Historical note
    Show
    Justin knows that Tsuto was something of a scandal when he was born back in 4688 (a year before Ameiko), since he's a half-elf and neither of Ameiko's parents are elves. It was obvious that old Lonjiku wasn't the boy's father, and his rage at the discovery of his wife's indiscretion was the talk of the town for months. Lonjiku's wife Atsuii never revealed who the father was, and it's a testament to Lonjiku's stubbornness that they remained married. Tsuto was handed over to the Turandarok Academy to be raised outside of the Kaijitsu family, ignored by his father and forbidden visits from his mother. Ameiko starting visiting him in secret once she learned about his existence at the age of 10, visiting him a few times a month to keep him company, bring him some food, and promise him that someday things would get all sorted out. That all changed in 4705, when they had a terrible argument in which Tsuto struck Ameiko. Justin doesn't know what the argument was about, but whatever it was sent Ameiko away from Sandpoint for a year, during which time she made a living as an adventurer. She returned to Sandpoint a year later to attend her mother's funeral. Tsuto was quite public in his opinions that his father had pushed Atsuii off a cliff to her death, and during the funeral there was a confrontation. Lonjiku nearly broke Tsuto's jaw with his cane, after which Tsuto cursed him and left Sandpoint. Ameiko has tried to reestablish contact with him ever since, but was never able to track him down.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Porridge? Adalbert thinks to himself. Doesn't really feel like the usual stuff. Maybe Ameiko feels down. Someone should cheer her up.

    He sees the halfling maid approach Justin whom she herds outside. Adalbert, ever the gentleman, does not want to impose on them, and does not ask for Lady Ameiko. He has eaten worse on his travels here, and Ameiko's delicacies were a treat for him. He didn't want to complain but Ameiko liked cooking, and liked being an innkeeper. Or if she didn't she hid it pretty well.

    He turns to the others he takes a breakfast with: Do you taste the shift to the mundane cuisine, too? Ameiko must have fallen ill, or does not feel up for it today. I have a great idea for a present to lift her mood. The little halfling starts rambling about a decorative 'battle ladle', the hilt adorned with a personalized version of her family crest, and an ugly oni face representing the Jade Regent on the scooping part. He voices a concern about the racial insensitivity, but finds it ultimatively hilarious.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen replies to Adalbert "I wasn't able to follow what happened and can't claim to know her sense of humor, but I would be hesitant to commemorate a family fight with a gift"


    At some point this morning Lebwen will take a quick trip over to his ship and give the captain his resignation and wish him luck on the continuing voyage.

    To the group, when we have some time to talk about the situation "We saw that whomever was with the goblins seemed to have left town again shortly after. So either not someone from town, or someone that travels the outlands enough to have built up deal with the goblins and has some camp outside of town. If the scout doesn't make it back today do we have any idea of where to start looking?"

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    With his great Uncle gone and Amieko seemingly fine Justin is happy to relax for the rest of the evening. "In the morning shall we head up the road looking for those goblins? It would be good to pay them back in kind for their raid on Sandpoint?" He spends the rest of the evening helping plan what they'll need.

    In the Morning

    In the morning the plans change. He reads the note from Bethana that Tsuto had sent to Ameiko. Pausing from eating he beckons the others. "I know we were going to look out the goblins but I think there has been some more trouble between my Aunt and my Great Uncle. My aunt is missing but her brother invited her last night to the glassworks. Its closed at the moment but I need to go and look for her. I sure would appreciate some help?" He offers the letter around the table so that the others can read it as well before nodding to Bethana, "Don't worry. I'll go and look for Ameiko, I want to see her safe as well.".

    If the others agree he'll make sure to have his weapons and armour ready and see if he can find a lantern or a sun rod and then he'll cross town heading towards the Glassworks
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC


    It's early authumn, so by the time the party is ready to leave the tavern, and at the Sandpoint's latitude, it is bright enough to walk around just fine (maybe dim light indoors, but quickly becoming normal light in the open). A lantern is available from The Rusty Dragon. The Glassworks are supposed to be operational starting early on, so it remains to be seen if they are. Also, there are workers living right there, so the building should never be empty.

    The Glassworks are #20 on this town map and Justin knows quite a lot of details.

    Spoiler: Justin
    Show

    A1. DISPLAY ROOM: This room contains a shop where customers can browse the various glassware produced here. Bottles, windowpanes, and glasswork art are the primary contents.
    A2. STOREROOM: Finished products are stored here.
    A3. CLEANING CLOSET: Cleaning supplies and tools such as brooms are stored here.
    A4. STOREROOM: Tools, clothing for servants, firewood, and other miscellaneous supplies are kept here.
    A5. SERVANT'S QUARTERS: Lonjiku's staff of skilled laborers live here on site.
    A6. DINING ROOM: The staff uses this room to relax, eat, and play cards in their offhours.
    A7. WASHROOM: This room contains several washtubs for bathing and laundry; the small room adjacent is a toilet.
    A8. KITCHEN: This is where the staff prepares their meals.
    A9. PANTRY: This room contains food storage - barrels and sacks of grain and crates of dried fish and venison etc.
    A10. STOREROOM: This room contains several mounds of firewood for the kitchen stove.
    A11. MEETING ROOM: The staff meets here to discuss work schedules or large projects.
    A12. RECEPTION: Customers seeking custom glass jobs or looking for business opportunities to export glass meet with a representative here to arrange business.
    A13. OFFICE: A smaller office for more private meetings with important customers.
    A14. FILES: Several cabinets and shelves containing files and contracts with dozens of exporters and businesses from Magnimar, Korvosa, and other local towns fill this room.
    A15. PREPARATION: The primary agents for glassmaking (sand, soda ash, and lime) are prepared here.
    A16. LOADING ROOM: Shelves on the walls here contain additional reagents to create different colors of glass (manganese for clear glass, cobalt for blue, and tin for white; untreated glass is green, while a high quantity of any reagent makes black glass).
    A17. GLASSWORKING ROOM: A furnace is placed along the southeast wall of this room. Marble tables sit in the chamber, used to work raw glass into usable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with various tools ofthe trade.
    A18. STAIRS: These stairs lead down to the beach below.
    A19. UNDERGROUND STORAGE: This room is used to store sand and other raw materials. With various doors opening into the rooms used to store glassware, windows, and other finished goods etc.

    Rooms A1 and A17 contain skylights in the ceilings.

    Rooms A1, A12 and A16 have doors facing outside. Also there is a door leading into the corridor from the beach side (A18).
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-01-05 at 07:25 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    After reading the note, Lizuga rushes the last few spoonfuls of porridge into her mouth, then rushes off to bring her gear. She shimmies into the padded underlayer and wrinkles her nose a bit, then ties on the scale coat.

    "I could do with a wash once we've found your kin" she mentions, as she straps on her shield.
    Semper ludens.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Not even finishing his breakfast, Adalbert hopefully manages to be pushy enough to get the people out of the door. This town is more fascinating the more I learn about it. A glassworks? This craft is a fine one, if it were under different circumstances, it would be a delight to take a tour there. But let us be prepared, just in case. The halfling straps on the small crossbow someone personalized for him, and straightens his jacket, checking his dagger. His trusty black notebook is with him as well.

    Remember to follow my guidelines. Even if I dont know what we will face I have also read a few books on basic warfare. The Jade Regent is a fine strategist.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Well our plan was to look into the goblin attacks, and it seems this might very well have something to do with it. So lets go see what we can find out. It is more of a lead than wander around the country side that we had before."

    Lebwen gathers his pack from his room, puts his sword on his belt, and prepares to head out with the party.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    The young man grins at Adalbert's comments and then joins the others wandering out of the door. He points to the other side of town. "This way," at the comments on the craft he smiles, "Glassblowing looks delicate, buts its hot and and difficult. You end up with more burns and cuts than anything else." He looks at Ameiko's bar and points to a bottle on one of the distant shelves- "That one is mine, yup, the one with the slightly bent neck."

    With the rest ready he happily strolls to the main doors of the glassworks to go and find his Auntie.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    You take your gear and a lantern, then leave The Rusty Dragon and head towards the Glassworks. You see that the furnace chimney plumes with smoke, but the door to display room is closed. The rumble of the Glassworks' furnace is plainly audible from within. A quick investigation of the building perimeter reveals that curtains have been drawn over the windows and all the doors are locked.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Justin does NOT have the key.

    If you attempt a forced entry or otherwise, please specify which door, this might be sort of important. There is no such thing as "main" doors - there are doors leading to the display room (mainly retail), doors leading to the office (mainly wholesale), doors leading to the loading room (mainly staff-only) and beach-side doors (mainly used by glass-blowers who want to take a short break) .

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga: "The fire is on, but every door is locked? This is shadier than Zon-Kuthon's buttcrack. Here, let me get the door." And with that, Lizuga starts kicking one of the side doors open.

    Spoiler: Str checks
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20],(1d20+4)[22],(1d20+4)[11]
    Semper ludens.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    It takes less than a minute for Lizuga to kick beach-side doors open.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feel free to enter through A18. As you do, the furnace could be heard to your left (north-east).

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin scowls as the doors are locked. "Strange, these shouldn't be locked." he draws his swords and creeps forward after the door is kicked open and sneaks in, eyes and ears alert for anything going wrong, he waves the others to follow with one of the blades and he enters. "They lead into the furnace" he whispers pointing at the double doors, "I'll just check the main halls" he points and pads down to the corner and peers around.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    enter Mithral stance and creep to the corner to peer up the long corridor looking alert
    Stealth (1d20+3)[18]
    perception (1d20+4)[15]


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Looking around the corner, Justin sees an empty corridor with wide traces of blood going from the door leading to dining room (A6) and to the north-east through open double doors, as if some bloody objects were dragged along the corridor. Then he hears, almost masked by the sound of the furnace, something what sounds like high-pitched giggles, shrieks, and breaking glass from behind the door to his left, leading to the glassworking room (A17)
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-01-08 at 08:31 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna readily agrees to Justin's plan and joins them in visiting the glassworks. She creeps forward with Justin to check out the inside.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth - (1d20+6)[13]
    Perception - (1d20+5)[25]
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna hears mostly what Justin hears, but can also make out the bow shot and various cheers in Goblin following it, some claiming it to be a good shot while some claiming they could do better. Overall, it sounds like goblins doing target practice for the fun of it.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Hohum, so exciting! Adalbert takes out his thieves' tools and unroll the leather case. He is struggling to keep his voice down due to excitement. My first opened door! After he opens the door to the furnace, he takes a small peek inside.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Disable Device: (1d20+11)[20]
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[31]
    Perception if needed: (1d20+4)[7]

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna taps Justin's shoulder and backs up to just outside the door, so the others can hear her whisper. "Definitely goblins in there. Sounds like a shooting game; assume they are armed and ready. No sign they've heard us yet, though."

    She draws her axe and creeps forward in the corridor to get closer to the goblin voices.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert operates thieves tools, demonstrating how he could easily open a door not fitted with a lock (and possibly giving Lizuga a look, for that matter). He then peeks inside. A furnace burns loudly along the southeast wall of this room, the main burner being in northeast end. Marble tables sit in the chamber, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with various tools of the trade. Overall, the room is a gruesome display of goblin boredom. There are several bodies of murdered staff lying in various stages of dismemberment. Lonjiku Kaijitsu's body is nailed to the north-western door with two dogslicers and is peppered with arrows. There is a lot of broken glass everywhere, including the floor, but excluding the nearest marble table, where what appears to be three goblin contestants stand ready cheered by two adjacent onlookers. Two other goblins are placing bottles on the farthest marble table and one goblin in the middle fiddles with glass-blowing equipment. It smells burned meat.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I've made the map as of before #171. If you want to start a fight, feel free to position yourselves anywhere south-west and do a surprise round. I'll roll the initiative after that. The glass on the floor will make it really uncomfortable for anyone without proper footwear to move fast through the room.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert moves a bit away from the door and almost pukes. He shouts in a whispering manner At least 8 goblins in there, heavily armed and ...by the gods. Do you want to surround them or attack directly?

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga slides into the spot at the door and peers in. She looks to her allies, gestures with her shield, and then rushes in. "AAAAAAAHH!". Her hammer catches the nearest goblin with a crunching impact.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charge to J31, attack the goblin at K29: (1d20+6)[21], damage (1d12+4)[6]+(1d6)[6][Confirm @26: (1d20+6)[11], damage (1d12+4)[10])
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[21], damage (1d12+4)[6]+(1d6)[6] - or damage shield bash, (1d20+6)[11]+(1d12+4)[10].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer [roll5], damage [roll6]+[roll7] - or damage shield bash, [roll8]+[roll9]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 16 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +5 armor, -2 charge). Counter: Oaken shield, +4 to AC (additional shield bonus)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    [roll10]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    [roll11]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    [roll12]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 10/10
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-01-08 at 11:57 PM.
    Semper ludens.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    As Adalbert tries to reason about the tactics, Lizuga peeks and charges in, screaming and hitting the nearest goblin for 12 damage, sending him face-down on the table. She is closely followed by Silna wielding a loaded crossbow. The rest are still grouping by the door when the goblins react, drawing and pulling their bows. The goblins all target the closest and biggest threat - namely, Lizuga, hitting her with three arrows for 2, 4 and 3 damage while other arrows fly past nearby.

    Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    "Oi! We are atacked!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Goblins: (1d20+6)[24]
    Adalbert: (1d20+4)[23]
    Justin: (1d20+4)[13]
    Lebwen: (1d20+0)[12]
    Lizuga: (1d20+1)[4]
    Silna: (1d20+2)[14]

    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[23] for (1d4)[2] this eats oaken shield and not crits although oaken shield makes no difference
    Goblin confirm: (1d20+3)[14] for (2d4)[5]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[21] for (1d4)[4]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[10] for (1d4)[1]

    Goblin shortbow with cover: (1d20+3)[11] for (1d4)[4]
    Goblin shortbow with cover: (1d20+3)[21] for (1d4)[3]
    Goblin shortbow with cover and range increment: (1d20+1)[14] for (1d4)[1]
    Goblin shortbow with cover and range increment: (1d20+1)[7] for (1d4)[2]


    Not sure if I get it right, feel free to make corrections.

    => Party (everyone, any order, but probably Lizuga last or thereabouts)
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-01-09 at 10:03 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna carefully takes aim for the nearest goblin, shouting in their tongue.

    Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    "Breathe your last, goblin filth!"


    She fires a shot with her crossbow and quickly reloads the weapon.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    5-foot step to I31 to get a clearer line of sight
    Standard Action: Crossbow attack vs. goblin at L28
    Move Action: reload crossbow

    Attack - (1d20+6)[23] (crossbow, hatred, favored enemy)
    Damage - (1d8+2)[8] (favored enemy)
    Spoiler: On a threat of 19–20
    Show
    Crit Confirm - (1d20+6)[16]
    Crit Damage - (1d8+2)[7]
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Deep breath! Adalbert starts his presentation: Goblin hatred runs deep, and few things inspire their wrath more than gnomes (who have long fought against goblins), horses (who frighten goblins tremendously), and regular dogs (whom goblins regard as pale imitations of goblin dogs).

    Goblins are also quite superstitious, and treat magic with a fawning mixture of awe and fear. They have the habit of ascribing magic to the mundane as well, with fire and writing both taking on mystical power in goblin society. Fire is much loved by goblins for its capacity to wreak great destruction and because it doesn’t require size or strength to wield, but written words are hated.


    You can hear him drone on as he runs down the hallway to get around the others to be able to bluff the goblins. He holds his black notebook up high.
    Behold or you shall be destroyed by my written spells inside this mighty magical tome!
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Standard Action: Starting the Naturalist bardic performance: +1 to attack, AC and saves vs. abilities inherent to goblins.
    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids) [...] This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components.

    Move Action: Move to J33 and pull out notebook.
    Free Action: Bluff the idiots [roll]1d20+3[roll] -> 9 rolled in OOC.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen slips past Justin in the doorway and moves up the table, his sword starts to glow lightly, and he attacking the first goblin he reaches.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    move to k28, which should be 30ft unless it takes extra to get past Justin.
    swift for arcane pool to enhance weapon (3 of 4/d) 1min duration

    attack:
    (1d20+5)[12] +3 base, +1 enhance, +1 song

    damage:
    (1d8+4)[10] +3 base, +1 enhance


  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga staggers and grunts as the goblin arrows whizz by her shield and stick in her arms and legs. But she advances steadily on the goblins; as she points her hammer in challenge at one of them, a beam of sunlight streams out, hitting the goblin like a physical blow, and the backwash of the sunbeam washes over Lizuga, restoring life to her.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action: Triage on self to gain fast healing. Standard: Staunching Strike; use the Sun's Gleam ability to fire a beam at the goblin at N28 as my attack; Touch attack (1d20+4)[17], damage (Force)(1d6+3)[4], healing 6 points if it hits. Move up to 20' from J31 counterclockwise around the table to get one or two goblins
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[18], damage (1d12+4)[6]+(1d6)[1] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[8]+(1d6)[4].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+4)[22], damage (1d12+4)[6]+(1d6)[5] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+4)[6]+(1d6)[2]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 19 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +5 armor, +1 vs goblins). Counter: None
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[15]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[24]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 10/10 (yes, really), fast healing 3 for 9 rounds
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-01-09 at 05:34 PM.
    Semper ludens.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna steps from behind Lizuga shooting the nearest goblin straight through the chest for 8 damage, bringing him down. Adalbert reads a short lecture, waving his notebook. The goblins seem more and more concerned. Lebwen slips past Justin and moves forward, waving his glowing sword at the goblins. Lizuga moves counterclockwise around the table and sunbeams the nearest goblin for 4 damage at the same time restoring her full health. Justin moves forward too, lunging at two goblins, but misses both of them, slipping on the broken glass, a lot of which is everywhere on the floor.

    The nearby goblins draw their dogslicers and attack in melee. One manages to hit Justin for 2 damage while another hits Lebwen tor 1 damage. Third goblin's attack against Lizuga was easily deflected. The remaining goblins shoot their shortbows at those not engaged in melee, but invariably miss.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Justin Piercing Strike: (1d20+6)[7] for (2d6+4)[11]

    Goblin vs Justin: (1d20+1)[21] for (1d4)[2]
    Goblin confirm: (1d20+1)[5] for (1d4)[1]
    Goblin vs Lebwen: (1d20+1)[18] for (1d4)[1]
    Goblin vs Lizuga: (1d20+1)[4] for (1d4)[4]

    Goblin shortbow with cover: (1d20+3)[15] for (1d4)[2] vs Silna or Adalbert ((1d2)[2])
    Goblin shortbow with cover and range increment: (1d20+1)[4] for (1d4)[4] vs Silna or Adalbert ((1d2)[1])
    Goblin shortbow with cover and range increment: (1d20+1)[9] for (1d4)[4] vs Silna



    => Party (everyone, any order)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •