The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 960
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin went quiet, helping the other take down his uncle from the wall and then cover him with a sheet. He pauses, offering a prayer to Desna to watch over him and shepherd him to a happier place. Although he wasn't the nicest man he didn't deserve a fate like this. The horrible mutilation of the other workers also bothers him and he spends some time collecting and laying them out safely. As the shouts from the loading room reach him he whirls around. His young face dark with anger from the horror the goblins have wrought upon the glass workers.

    "Wait, I'm coming..." he shouts as he sprints after Lizuga, Silna and the others...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Init (1d20+4)[14]
    Move as close as I can to the action

    Sorry I've been a little quiet. My molecule is in GMP manufacture so I've been on 24/7 call.


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen hears the commotion in the basement and moves to help. Trying to get a view of the attacker he casts a spell attempting to daze him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    initiative
    (1d20)[20]

    daze, range 25ft, save DC13 vs will

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    As Adalbert descends the stairs, his attention is grabbed by a faint shimmer behind the curve of the corridor ahead. Too late, he recognized a man standing to his left, kicking him into the face. The halfling tumbles back from the force, trying to grab a part of the wall, dropping his crossbow in the process. His vision goes temporarily blurry, and the attacker hits again. again pushing Adalbert into the wall but the halfling was already too far back to suffer any damage from the kick.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna drops her crossbow and moves forward, drawing the axe. The half-elf (and Silna can see now pretty well that the opponent is a half-elf) punches her as he moves past Adalbert, but the blow is stopped by the armor. The blow is however enough to push her off-balance, causing her axe swing to miss wide. Lizuga rushes down the stairs following Silna. Fortunately, the stairs, are rather short so she can heal Adalbert as she moves past and make a swing at the only one unedentified person she can see there at which Silna was swinging her axe too. Unfortunately, two swings interfere, deflecting lucerne hammer from the correct trajectory. Lebwen moves down as well, casting a spell as soon as he can see the attacker. Justin follows in, but is stopped by all the crowd gathering in the tight passage.

    The opponnent stands there not fighting back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizuga's attack misses because soft cover.
    AoO vs Silna: (1d20+5)[13] miss
    Will DC13: (1d20+5)[10] fail


    It is rather dark down below. There are two sources of light: the door through which you entered and something like a lantern or a torch some distance forward behind a corner. Everyone with only normal vision gets 20% miss chance. The guy's medium sized and clearly not a goblin.

    => Party (everyone, any order)

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    The halfling is determined to make the human(oid) pay. Adalbert gauges the brute's stance and swipes at his ankles a few times with his dagger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another for +4 to attack for Silna: (1d20)[18] (needs to hit AC 10)

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna asks the strange half-elf, "Who are you and what are you doing?"

    "We're no goblins," she adds, afraid that the darkness might be causing a dangerous misunderstanding.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Confused, blocked by the others and not able to see in the dark Justin looks around and waits his turn, a shouted question of "What is it? Or who is it?". Swords out he waits for the others to see if he can sneak through.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lebwen says to Justin "It seems to be a half-elf but he put a wallop on Adalbert."

    As he is saying that he pulls the item out of his pouch and drops it to lighten up the area. Then he utters a few arcane words and a green orb appears in his hand, which he throws at the half-elf.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    move action to take the item out of the pouch, free to drop it

    cast acid splash
    (1d20)[9] ranged touch attack
    (1d3)[3] damage

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Murderous SCUM!". Lizuga's roar echoes in the enclosed space, as she brings down her hammer on the stranger - but not taking into account how fast he is, or how cramped the angle..

    Whoever this man was, he was clearly an accomplice of the goblins. Most likely, he had even let them in.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action Encouraging Roar. Attack: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[25], damage (1d12+6)[14]+(1d6)[6] - cover not included in calculations.
    Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[12], damage (1d12+6)[7]+(1d6)[1] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+6)[10]+(1d6)[2].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[25], damage (1d12+6)[11]+(1d6)[4] - or damage shield bash, (1d4+6)[10]+(1d6)[6]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 18 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +5 armor). Counter: Oaken Shield (+4 AC)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[17]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[15]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 10/10
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-01-25 at 03:04 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert does well to lower the opponent's defenses against prospective Silna's attack, but the attack never came, the ranger deciding instead to parley. The others, at the same time decided not to parley. Lebwen's attack with a spell missed it's target, but the light did illuminate the opponent and the immediate surroundings. With a roar, Lizuga swung the hammer and landed a massive blow for 20 damage. It seems she broke the man's right arm, the one he used to hold the bow.

    "Are you talking or WHAT?! Stop it now!"

    Instead of waiting for your response, the half-elf counterattacks, punching Silna in the head for 6 damage, stunning her, and then landing a kick for another 6 damage.


    Spoiler: Justin
    Show
    You think you recognize the voice despite not hearing it for, like, years. Mainly because the name already popped up. It's Tsuto.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silna could get a good use of Adalbert's help now, before Adalbert's turn, but now she's stunned...

    Fist: (1d20+4)[20] for (1d8+1)[6]
    Silna fort save vs stun DC 14: (1d20+4)[11]
    Kick: (1d20+4)[22] for (1d8+1)[4] and (1d6)[2]
    Bluff: (1d20+9)[28] while you are in no way obligated to "stop it now", please take this roll into account when writing your post
    Justin perception: (1d20+4)[15]


    => Party (everyone but Silna)

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    You kicked her in the head! You kicked ME in the head, too! Damn elf, try not to KILL us and we MIGHT consider talking. Adalbert almost shrieks. He is irate beyond reason now. He presses himself onto the wall just out of the half-elf's reach and casts a healing spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft.step to E5 I assume half a square is enough for small Adalbert and casting Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+1)[8] Alternatively if there is not enough room, I cast defensively: Concentration: (1d20+4)[6] (DC 17)

    e: Casting on Silna obv.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "You attacked us first! Drop your wea... stand down or we'll finish this" Lebwen shouts as he steps between the half-elf and Adalbert. Sword pointing at the half-elf, waiting to see what he does next. But still very much ready since he clearly attacked Silna after saying that.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Step into the space freed by Adalbert, F5.

    Ready action to attack if he does anything even slightly hostile.
    attack if needed
    [roll]1d20+5[roll]
    [roll]1d8+5[roll]
    +3 base, +2 encouraging roar (assuming a minute has gone past since the goblins so arcane pool enhancement is gone)


  13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Justin curses under his breath. "Tusto you bast@trd. Com up here and face me. Where's Ameiko!" He looks at the others, muttering, "Come on, let me through"... he shout to the others seeking to push his way through.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    What is required to move towards the narrow front of the corridor?

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    The party shouts and curses at the half-elf. As they do, Adalbert steps back and heals Silna for 8 hit points. Lebwen steps closer, ready to strike. The half-elf steps back instead of fighting, the space before him quickly occupied by Justin pushing through.

    "Oh, Justin! I was sort of wondering what this group of interlopers might be. After all, this is a private property, if rather goblin-infested. Well, to your question. Ameiko's safe in the catacombs below. I can lead you the way. A moment please now..." He produces a potion from one of his pockets, unscrews it and puts its mouth into his. Then he uses his left hand to hold his right arm, winces and throws back his head, gulping the potion and then spitting out the bottle. "...ahhh, much better. So, shall we?"

    Spoiler: Justin
    Show
    You don't remember anything about the catacombs. In fact, you remember there being a wall right where you stand now on the rubble on the floor.
    Spoiler: Lizuga and Silna
    Show
    You don't quite believe the guy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Justin can make an AoO, if he wants to.

    => Party
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-01-29 at 10:57 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    Silna comes to her senses, still feeling a bit bewildered. Something about the half-elf isn't right. "Don't trust him. He'll lead the way for us, alright... right into a trap!"

    She keeps her axe at the ready, eyeing the stranger suspiciously.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Before we proceed further, Silna will grab her crossbow, but at the moment she's focused on watching the half-elf.

    Action: Ready to attack if the half-elf moves to attack the party or flee (nonlethally if he's just fleeing).
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    He punched us, and hard. Sorry but you don't interact with unwanted guests with lethal force. I believe he needs our help but even if so, he is the most ungrateful person in like ever. Adalbert turns to Justin. Justin, is all of your family this rude? Anyway, we help you even if just for Ameiko.

    The halfling is flabbergasted by the utter presence of rudeness. He realizes Tsuto like Ameiko must be from far far away, and their customs are not common around here. But they attacked each other with fists, words and ladles. He read about the barbarians of the Realm of the Mammoth Lords who he assumes have more manners than those three.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga glares at the stranger and huffs. "Friend of yours, Justin?" she inquires, in a tone that clearly communicates that this stranger is no friend of hers. But she rests the butt of her hammer on the ground, unthreatening.
    Semper ludens.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "It is your call Justin. But I would like to know why we're not seeing the corpse of the goblin that ran down here." Lebwen says, eyeing Tusto.

    If we follow him, Lebwen will pick up his light object before going, but carry it out since we're not going to be sneaking up on anything now.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Instead of waiting for Justin's approval, Adalbert just motions them to be silent and he sneaks ahead towards the light source.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaking towards the light at approx. C14.
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[19]
    Perception: (1d20+3)[5]

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert sneaks up onto the light source. He sees an eight feet wide and fifteen feet long dead end apparently used to store stuff. There are two crates and an upside-down wheelbarrow. On one of the crates stands a lit lantern. There is a corridor leading some short distance east, with two doors on it's southern side.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga watches Adalbert disappear down the corridor, and turns in that direction, ready to hustle, alert for any signs or noises. But first, she bares her teeth in a silent snarl at the mysterious stranger.
    Semper ludens.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert checks the crates and barrels as far as they are able to be opened, then proceeds around the corner, checking any door in his way if it can be opened.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    The dwarf ranger grits her teeth, uncomfortable with the progression of events. She backs away from the stranger and fetches the crossbow she dropped on the stairs. "You lot have this guy under control?" She asks the question quietly, her eye glancing down the passage where Adalbert is already exploring.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "You have me pretty much under control, thank you, it's not like I am resisting or anything." Tsuto steps back raising his hands above the head, one still holding the bow. "Just not quite sure whether you have the authority to do so, but I assume yes, if Justin is still a town guard." He takes occasional look to the left as he stands near the corner, his back to the wall.

    Meanwhile, Adalbert examines the crates. They are respectively full and half-full of what seems to be limestone. The barrels nearby seem to contain processed lime, at Adalbert's best educated guess. Adalbert then proceeds to the nearest door along the corridor. It seems locked. Producing his masterwork thieves' tools, Adalbert confidently and competently picks the rather standard lock. Inside the room he finds lots of glassware, windows, and other finished goods. It is to dark here to examine the goods in detail, but there seems nothing but shelves of them in this room. Adalbert leaves the glassware be and proceeds to the next door. He picks it exactly the same as the first. Tsuto notices him do it. "Hey! Don't do that! It is private property!"

    Spoiler: Justin
    Show
    You don't like Tsuto's sudden worry about the the property he had not visited in, like, years.
    Spoiler
    Show

    At the moment, the door leading to A21 is unlocked, but still closed. Do you want to still open it despite Tsuto's remark?

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    We investigate on the mayor's order. Now kindly educate someone else with basic property law. Adalbert remarks snarkily and opens the door.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert opens the door and sees Ameiko, lying on her side on the floor in here, bound at the wrists and ankles with rope and blindfolded and gagged with strips of leather. As he does, he feels and subsequently sees an arrow passing through his hat. "You little s​h​i​t!" shouts Tsuto stepping towards him and readying another arrow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged (shortbow): (1d20+5)[10] for (1d6+1)[5] plus (1d6)[5]


    => Party

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    No longer believing Justin can talk his relative down Lebwen moves to trap the half-elf and protect Adalbert. Rushing down the path that Adalbert took he sees the halfling at the end of the hallway and runs up to him and sees the person bound on the floor of the room. He quick says to Adalbert "See what you can do to help her, we'll take care of the half-elf."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Double move should put me to H12 beside Adalbert and only having to get past Silena

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin

    Shocked by the sudden appearance of his cousin Tsuto Justin is confused and stunned momentarily. "What are you up to Tsuto, what are you doing here." He lets his cousin drink the potion unmolested and nods to Aadelbert. "Not all I hope Master Adalbert. I like to think Aunt Ameiko and myself are quite polite". As Justine gets riled and the cage door is open revealing the huddled form of Ameiko on the floor her points his sword at Tsuto's throat. "One move and i slit your throat..."

    Spoiler: Justin
    Show


    Ready to attack if Tusto attacks
    (1d20+5)[14] dam (2d6+4)[11]

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert takes a low dive into the door, landing next to the Minkaian woman. Sssh, Ameiko, it is me, Adalbert. Hold still. He removes her blindfold and gag, thinking deprivation of senses is the worst thing now. These ropes are not giving way!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting rope (2hp if it is hempen): (1d3-1)[0]

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Silna Glintstone—dwarf ranger

    "Oy," Silna warns Tsuto, "you watch yourself, no more attacking us, unless you've a mind t'have an angry dwarf after you." But she chooses to follow Adalbert instead of attacking the half-elf. She draws a throwing axe and heads over towards the room .

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just realized Use Rope isn't a skill in Pathfinder. Anyway, if we're staying in initiative order, Silna should make it to E12 with a double move. If we're out of initiative order, she'll head on in and help with the ropes with her axe.
    Let's Just RPG! (quick & easy OGL system)
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •