New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

"I'm affraid I dont have any such spell. I would recommend rest", he says to the king and look at the others who seem headed towards the Mare.

"I''m going to the Mare as well, maybe we can share a carriage there?", he offer Daun and Kalir and then back again to Daun, "You're a druid, right? Perhaps you dont have any healing spell to get rid of food poisoning, do you? I could pay some casting of that with some drink", he offer both of them.

After seven glasses of champagne, Camus didnt want to risk a misdirected Teleport or flying straight at some building so he sure could use some bodyguards to walk with him to the Mare. He might as well discover what they thought of the whole show and Kaylin sure could use some Remove Disease.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Gregory takes the gift bag absently from the attendant, though not without giving her a nod in acknowledgement.

Bardak is hiding something, that much is clear. Perhaps it is simply that he does not know what he is dealing with yet, though. A pity he is too narrow-minded to let Gregory in on the matter. Then again, it could be just 'kinks', as he mentioned. But then why the smell...?

With a shake of his head, Gregory heads out to where Galavant is stabled. Once he has thanked the stablemen for taking care of him, he gets into the saddle and rides off to cross St. Abaidas Bridge.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

@Ilven: Your son mentioned earlier that he and his team brought down some "Frenzied Fiend".

You made the comment that with ideal teamwork, even a savage like that could be brought down. It cost Callum five men, but he was able to do it. You, however, are now alone. Fighting some brute with an axe and a gun. Your arrows, although they have hurt him, are not slowing him down. Not in the slightest.

Those slashes are brutal. You have seen men out in the wilds that wield weapons with such frenzied abandon, but you had the Helguard to back you up and so, they were put down relatively fast. Also, you were much more spry back then.

This madman is out for blood and he;'s not content with the pints spilled from your wounds. Unless you think fast on your feet, you'll end up like those other corpses. Time to get some distance from this butcher.

Your boots ought to give you the speed necessary to sprint past him and immediately you roll behind a clump of gravestones. Catching your breath, you watch your blood spill on the ground as the bloody mad man grins wickedly and licks the blade off his axe, savoring the blood on it.

Round 3

You can see that Oedon's Tomb has a set of stairs running up to an elevated area. You could further place more distance to him and keep him running around. of course, the man has a freaking blunderbuss, but it hurts a lot less than those damn axe swings.

A crypt can be seen not far from your position. It's closed, but the roof should provide some way to leap off the elevated area of this place should you need a means of escape.

The man looks at his chest, with a few arrows sticking into them and lowers his head as he utters something in a language you have never heard before as the trails of acid from his wounds are washed away. he still bears the arrow shots, however.

And then, dragging that axe along the ground, starts making his way towards your position.

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Father Gascoigne
    Ilven

@Camus: King Marcus smiles at your response.

"Rest seems like a good idea, Archmage Camus. I have a few things to ponder back at the Palace. Have a good night. Be safe...and don't walk alone."

This last part is mentioned with genuine concern from His Majesty as he boards his carriage not before making sure Kalir is with Daun. And then, into the night he rides with his brave Royal Guards in tow.

Well, the gala's over. The night isn't, though. With the druid and a raptoran Royal Guard left behind, you should have enough security of your own if you are to go see your cousin.

The streets of Hope's caress are pretty much empty as fog drifts around and a few homes have lit incense lanterns outside their door. Finding a carriage isn't easy, but a lone one riding rather fast down the road with a lantern of its own wafting incense behind it stops and the coachman, just as nervous as his horse, bids you to get in.

"You're in luck gentlemen, my lady- I was just about to head home. Nights like these are best spent indoors. Where to?"

@Daun: Damn Ashford.

All he and Lord Bardak care about is making money. Sure, it's progress. If by progress they mean fattening their coffers, which they will. They have been doing it for years now. And that foolish Ashford mocking the druidic ways... there is a reason why you left this horrid life behind so long ago. But everyone gets their comeuppance sooner or later. Noble or not.

King Marcus kisses your hand and gives you a wink.

"Thank you, Miss Daun. I revile these gatherings, but your presence and what you had to say made it worthwhile. Rest assured that Kalir here is a consummate Raptoran Kordite. You will be safe as long as you stay close to him.

Good night.""

Inquisitor du Vay left on Galavant, like a man possessed. He won't be joining you for any after hours at The Mare and you could definitely use a drink and have a friend or two to discuss what happened today.

Thankfully, the lone carriage isn't expensive- five coppers to get you to the Golden Mare. Easily affordable. And while you ride at top speed through the fog filled streets, the three of you should have time to discuss the events of this evening away from prying eyes and ears.

@Gregory: No time for pleasantries here.

A nod is enough as you grab the gift bag and watch everyone leave in their own direction. You have a meeting at Cathedral Ward, as Galavant rides like the wind, taking through as many shortcuts as possible as the scent of incense invades your nostrils and not a soul can be seen out tonight.

Cathedral Ward is a district in the City, sponsored by The Healing Church, who are an offshoot ecclesiastical organization of the Pelorian Order. The Church does what it says on the tin- it's in charge of healing. The Healing Ministers are not unlike doctors and they make sure everyone gets proper care. Being an offshoot of a deity that oversees Wellness of the Body and Mind, many Halmathans have moved to Cathedral Ward and reside their, ever devout and ever eager for Healing Ministration.

En route towards Cathedral Ward, you can sense Galavant is a tad uneasy. Not his usual demeanor as a steed for one of the City's most powerful paladins, but eventually, you reach it:

St. Abaidas Bridge or as it's commonly known, The Great Bridge. This massive structure connects Cathedral ward to the City, with the Pontus River flowing beneath. Statues of hooded figures extending their hands towards the sky bear melted dripping candles, red in color to both sides of the bridge. Seeing the end is difficult, due to the fog, but that's where you are headed.

Bardak may not be aware of what he's doing. Maybe it's nothing- he's just a money hungry noble. No crime there, unless...

And then your thoughts are put to a halt as something massive leaps from some nearby tower and lands on the bridge, causing both you and Galavant to nearly fall over:

In the name of Cuthbert... what is this thing? It's at least thirty feet tall and the beast leapt what you can only assume was a great distance. The creature looks at you and Galavant as its eyes flare with utter rage and roars with a most disturbing howl as it extends its claws at both of you.

Who knows what this is, but you know where it's headed.

Spoiler: Show your Worth!
    Show
    Roll Initiative
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-07 at 12:29 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

As they trundle through the city streets, Daun is eager to turn the conversation away from the events of the day. "So Kalir, you're a King's Guard! How did that come about? He seems more... well, more normal in person, honestly. Do you like it?"
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"Exciting night, huh?", Camus ask the driver, "What kind of night is tonight?"

He look at the both of the hitchhikers as they get into the confort of a carriage, "Was just me or did you guys smelled something funny there?"

He start looking at his pockets for something. Thing. But then remembers it was keeping company to Kaylin.
    "Ah! The spell would be to my cousin: food poisoning", he says look to the druid, "Or maybe drank too much last night", he shrugs.

Once they change the topic to the King Guard, Camus start to ponder looking through the window and into the dark streets.

"Hey, Kalir. Might I ask you something?", he ask the raptoran, "When you're patrolling the skies, does that constant smog hinder you in any way? I was late for the event so I decided to go flying. Even with the rain it sure bothered me".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kalir wanted to protest the king's suggestion of calling it a night before being safely back at the Palace but he could see that he would have lost that argument.

Turning to the raptoran she says, "If your duties with the King are done, would you like to accompany me to the Mare? I could use a drink and friend now, I think."
    "I'm not a big drinker, but the Mare should be much more pleasant than our evening event." He nods and gives an inviting nod to the archmage for them all to share a carriage once one is found.

Quote Originally Posted by El'the Ellie View Post
    As they trundle through the city streets, Daun is eager to turn the conversation away from the events of the day. "So Kalir, you're a King's Guard! How did that come about? He seems more... well, more normal in person, honestly. Do you like it?"
    "Royal Guard, that is. My position tonight was a surprise, and my first time doing so. I don't know why Maxil didn't take the honor for himself. He thought he would have to order me to do this. He and I don't see eye to eye but we will both do what's necessary to protect the city. The king? Yes, very much not full of himself. All the more reason to make sure nothing happens to him. He seemed to take a fancy to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    He look at the both of the hitchhikers as they get into the comfort of a carriage, "Was just me or did you guys smelled something funny there?"
    "MmHmm, like a giant backed up outhouse. Maybe those sewer lines drain into an underground chamber and the digging breached one. I'm sure the inquisitor is already back at the Cathedral Ward to get answers."

"Hey, Kalir. Might I ask you something?", he ask the raptoran, "When you're patrolling the skies, does that constant smog hinder you in any way? I was late for the event so I decided to go flying. Even with the rain it sure bothered me".
    "The smog? Hate it. Part of the reason I spend so much time at the Park. I try to keep away from the SMC district. When patrolling the sky I stick to Palace and Cathedral districts. When I leave the city to explore beyond I don't miss that aspect of Halmathan. Have either of you been outside of the city? To where?"
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

@Gregory: What in the name of all that is sacred...?

This is a beast. Gigantic in stature and of imposing strength as the entire Bridge shakes under its lumbering steps. There are no records of a creature like this ever roaming Halmathan or even its environs. The City has enjoyed peace for such a long time...

Then why is this abomination let loose? Where is everyone?

There is no time to call for reinforcements. As one of Halmathan's finest Inquisitors and Paladins of St. Cuthbert, it is your duty to maintain Peace in this City. You have trained extensively to deal with threats- although the true nature of this creature may be unknown to you, it should fall down just like any other beast...

...It has to.

Round 1

Astride Galavant, you watch this hairy monstrosity shriek in your direction as it ambles, using its much larger right arm as support, as the entire bridge shakes as it takes one step after another and gains incredible speed. rushing towards both you and your steed and casting its shadow over both as it lands its massive claw on both, punishing both knight and steed onto the brick ground!

Where is this thing getting so much strength... such beastly aggression!!!

Spoiler: Crush!
    Show
    Both Gregory and Galavant each take 43 damage. Apply DR, if any.

On top of that, have each roll a grapple Check DC 32 or remain trapped and prone beneath the creature's claw.

Map

Show
    Beast of the Great Bridge
    Gregory & Galavant

@Camus: The coach driver tilts his old top hat as Daun enters the carriage and taps one of his lanterns as the scent of incense wafts around the carriage.

"Nothing exciting about this evening, sir. It's the kind of night where you're best indoors...""

He elaborates no further on that regard and the man means it, as he speeds through the fog filled streets, causing the carriage to bump more than usual as it speeds towards your destination.

Conversation within the carriage is the usual...or as usual as it can be. All three of you have witnessed Halmathan's Future, according to the SMC and Lord Ashford.

Some of you may hate these nobles, but truth be told:

Have they broken the law?

Have they killed anyone?

Have they plotted against the King and the good people of the City? Trapped underground in an unknown metal vehicle would have been the perfect place for such and act and yet....

Here you are, sharing a cab back to one of Halmathan's finest inns for free drinks. And with gift bags to show as proof. Yes, that sure warrants storming the SMC, killing everyone and looting them blind. You know... the Savage Way.

Savage is the way this guy is driving. He is in a hurry to get home, but eventually, you reach the lights of the Golden Mare, with the sound of laughter and drinks and song inside.

Many members of Halmathan's young elite like to come here and unwind. The same can be said for the top members of the Guard when they're off duty. It isn't a cheap place. Calling it an "inn" would be considered an insult for some. The SMC has invested considerable amount of money into many old buildings around The City, in order to get them "with the times". Reason why Kaylin's room is accessible only via that metal contraption, the elevator.

The Bacchus Lounge in the lobby serves the best drinks around town, short of any you may concoct back in Runestone, barring some unexpected arcane mishaps. In the end, it can be argued that mixing drinks is not too different from brewing a potion. Of course, that is merely on the surface.

Right now, though, you need to go check on your cousin and fetch Thing, leaving the druid and raptoran in the lobby as you get into the lift and push the button.

Once at the top floor, you see the door to your cousin's room open and a few shadows moving inside against the light of the room. Cautiously, as only a mage of your caliber is wont to do, every single spell in your cosmic repertoire is ready to reduce this place to smithereens. Why oh why didn't you bring the other two with you? Maybe Lord Ashford was right:

You need a blade and a bear even when you're going to the toilet- goblins may jump at you anytime, right?

Thankfully, it isn't a cadre of goblin warriors and other fabled monsters in the room.

Kaylin is in bed, resting with the pillows fixed on her back as her left arm has a white bandage around her wrist. Two people- a man and a woman, both wearing white robes and gloves and the insignia of The Healing Church sit by her side as one closes the window, so as to not let a draft inside and Thing, coiled around Kaylin's lap, opens his eyes before leaping towards you.

"That's my cousin, Archmage Camus. I told you I wasn't alone...""

The woman approaches you and bows deeply, sniffing the air around you and stifling a smile.

"Good evening, Archmage Camus. The Golden Mare contacted us regarding your cousin Kaylin's health. She suffered mild food poisoning. Somewhere around town, we suspect.

We have given her a serum using Healing Ministration, administered intravenously. Your cousin will be bright as rain come the morrow. I would suggest she gets ample rest and if she continues to feel uncomfortable, we will gladly take her in. But I don't foresee any further complications.

Have a pleasant evening, Miss Kaylin. Archmage...""

And just like that, both Healing Ministers, as they are known, leave the the same way you got in.

Once gone, Kaylin feels her wrist and straightens the pillows.

"You reek of alcohol, you elven lush... which means the party must've been fun...ughhh! I missed it! So did anyone ask about me? the King??? Give me all the details!"
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-07 at 09:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As he tries to get some distance on this rapidly healing madman, Ilvan has an idea.

The girl- she knew this smell, knew it meant her parents. A missing mother- and a father, a Hunter who forgets. Beasts everywhere, people joining soon... from a certain standpoint, it almost sounded familiar. Like perhaps a Hunter reliving the Scourge?

If this was true... he might at least be able to slow the man down, or confuse him.

But having ideas doesn't mean he has to stand there and get slaughtered. He keeps tightly to the outside curve of the stairs, before skidding to a stop and digging around in his pockets for that dratted music box.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Because if I never try, I will wonder forever.

Checked my math, 85 total damage dealt/160 HP max = 75 remaining. (well, 72 now thanks to bleed, that applies at the beginning of each turn, yes? I am also aware of the healing belt, but if the box slows him, this prevents more damage.)

Question: it is a move action to retrieve an object. What kind of action is it to open the lid and let the box play? (Or, alternately, wind it; Really depends on how the music box is designed) .

I've included a spoiler for each possible ruling:

Spoiler: If playing the music box is a standard, move, or full-round action
    Show

1.) Swift action, boots of haste, round 3/10.
    2.) Move action, 60' down row 22, should be 10' or 15' from the wall at the end of the stairs. (Let's not let the Father charge.)
    3.) Move action, retrieve stored item (music box)

Spoiler: If playing the music box is a swift action
    Show

1.) Move action, 30' down row 22, should be 10' from the end of the staircase
    2.) Move action, retrieve stored item (music box)
    3.) Swift action, play music box

Spoiler: If playing the music box is a free action
    Show

Unlikely, but included for the sake of completeness.

1.) Swift action, boots of haste, round 3/10.
    2.) Move action, 60' down row 22, should be 10' or 15' from the wall at the end of the stairs.
    3.) Move action, retreive stored item (music box)
    4.) Free action, play music box

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Camus remain talking with the two of them until they're reach the Golden Mare.
    "Somewhere outside? Yes. I 'm not originally from Hamalthan, I came from the sea all the way back to Celene", he says and start counting, "That would be a long time ago".

Once at the Mare, Camus leave them waiting on the bart while he goes check on Kaylin. "Good thing you called them, Kaylin. Feeling better?", he ask and nod to each minister as they go, "The party was the usual: open champagne all night. A few gaffes. Ate at the King's table and shared the deluxe cart with him. The SMC will be creating a gargantuan transportation device. They're calling it the Dragon Flight".

"Did you ate anything? I am with two others at the bar. Thought in drinking one or two drinks before going to Runestone. Want to come along and have dinner?"

Calling back Thing back to his side, the elf go back downstairs to join the others for a drink.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: It is not your usual job to attend these events.

But as the carriage takes you to the Golden Mare, you entertain Daun's questions about being a member of The Royal Guard.

Although they protect the City and specially the Crow, your duties extend further than that. When needed, a Royal Guard can enact the duties of a constable and even a judge. These positions aren't really relevant today, since there are at least two churches that oversee that, with St. Cuthbert's being the most relevant in that particular scenario.

Royal Guards are meant to protect against any invading force. Training is paramount. daily, too. Even a raptoran of your rank cannot become complacent when a hidden threat may loom at any corner.

However, this evening has been, aside from the poisonous banter between lords, nothing worthy of the skills you were trained in. King Marcus is already safe and well on his way to The Royal Palace and he gave you the day off tomorrow.

Although not a drinker yourself, Daun and Camus definitely seem like they need one and so, as the carriage stops in front of the Golden Mare, you help Daun off the vehicle and your raptoran ears pick up something...

A very, very distant... howl? Hard to tell with the music and sounds of people drinking and being merry here. It isn't unheard of for animals to wander the City streets after dark- mostly the wild ones from Glenndale Park. After all, many druids are said to stalk the streets in the guise of animals. Perhaps a way to ascertain their urban home away from the tall trees and frond filled ponds.

Camus excises himself and goes up to check on someone as you find a nice dimly lit divan for Daun to sit as the candles flicker on the tables, each made to resemble a tony wax dragon, the wick coming out of its mouth.

A half elven maiden, dressed in black approaches both and bows as she hands you a small black leather menu.

"You must be captain Kalir, of the Royal Guard? We were told his majesty has opened a line of credit for you and your companions. It's on the house- order whatever you desire.""

@Daun: From a metal cart filled with old pompous nobles, to a house of drinking with younger equally pompous ones.

Still, nobody is giving you harsh looks. The Mare is expensive, but not limited to blue bloods. Anyone with the cash can come in and out, as you watch a couple of Healing Church priests leave the Mare, with one carrying a black suitcase in his gloved hand.

And then you over hear one of the patrons, seated with his buddies not too far away from you as they down whiskey like it's nobody's business, but being drunk, they can't help being loud:

I'm telling you, it's true! Those druids have gone crazy! Crazy I tell you!

Yeah... and this was after your fifth drink? Give it a rest, pal!

Morick wouldn't lie to me. I'm thinking of going to see Inquisitor Calchis tomorrow. Then we'll see who's laughing!

@Camus: Kaylin, still in bed, listens to your review of the evening and lets out a sigh as she looks up at the ceiling.

"You sat with the King???? That could've been me! And gaffes, you say..? They weren't from you, I hope. The Quivaris family cannot be misrepresented by your drunken shenanigans. And you say the SMC is building a huge... transportation device? The Dragon's Flight. It's an okay name, I suppose. I bet it must've been glorious. It would've been a lot more glorious had I been there, but oh well...""

And then, upon your invitation to come downstairs and get some drinks and food, your cousin winces and lifts her bandaged wrist.

"Drunk and deaf too? What did the nun say, Camus? What did she say? Ughh... just turn the light off and shut the door. I'm going to bed.""

@Ilven: This mad man is relentless...

Taking on this guy directly will result in your death, but there has to be a way to find a way to overpower him somehow. And then your mind wanders back when you met that little girl. What she said...

Is this guy a Hunter??? The things the child mentioned. The blood keeps seeping from your many wounds, but desperate times call for desperate measures, as you dig your hand into your pocket and draw the music box, winding its ornate brass chain as it opens on its own accord and a sweet lullaby begins to play around Oedon's Tomb, causing the mad man to sniff the air and grits his teeth.

Spoiler: The basics
    Show

Using the Music Box is a full round action

Round 4

@Ilven: Somethings' happening to this murderer...

He seems in pain, as a loose shot from his blunderbuss fires off into a tree and his legs weaken as he raises his deadly axe and uses it to cover his ears.

Whatever that music box has done, it has left this maniac defenseless... but who knows for how long. At any rate, he isn't attacking you now, pained by the lullaby.

Map

Show
    Father Gascoigne
    Ilven
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-08 at 05:38 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Man and horse both let out pained roars when the beast slams them into the ground.

Gregory dismisses Galavant back to the celestial planes. At the same time, he tries escaping.

Show
    Dismissing Galavant as a free action, then attempting to escape the grapple.
    Grapple check: (1d20+17)[32]

HP: 156/196

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Daun chats with the others for a time. Kalir's comment about the King gives her pause, mostly because she's wildly unsure how to respond. "I mean... I don't know. I think he just asked me to join because he was missing an emissary of Lady Silvarel."

As they leave the cart, Daun pets the horse on the side of the neck. "Thank you for the ride, friend."

Then the topic turns to the smog. Daun nod's, agreeing aggressively. "I know I can be... aggressive about this sort of thing, but yes! I know SMC makes things that makes people's lives more convenient, but there are costs. Glenndale is one of the few nice places to fly over because we fight every day to keep it this way. It used to be like that all around the city. Or, well, so I'm told."

She shrugs "As for me, I've lived in Hamalthan my whole life. It's not for lack of want to travel, I'm sure there's wonders out there. But there's so much to draw me back to Hamalthan." She shrugs. "I don't know. I guess I've never really thought about travelling that much."

As she's getting up for another drink, whisky ginger, she hears some other drunk patrons complaining about the druid community loudly. At first she might have just ignored it: occasionally the residents of Glenndale have to hear those sorts of comments. But bringing up Inquisitor Calchis gives her pause: that could mean trouble if things were actually happening. Daun was still in her formal attire from the gala: maybe they wouldn't recognize her.

She pulls over a chair. "Penny for your thoughts, friend? Or a drink, if you're empty." She says, indicating she'll pay their drink if he shares. "Sound's like there's a lot on your mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if it's required, but diplomacy to help coerce him into talking more: (1d20+20)[33]

And untrained knowledge Local to see if I know who Morick is: (1d20+2)[7]
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2018-12-07 at 12:28 PM.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"You're acting like a savage, cousin", he says and get up, "And rest asured that the name of the Quivaris would fall on deaf ears there: I'm Archmage Camus Shatris now".

He leave her there to rest, but take a mental note to ask someone to send her some soup or something: she probably didnt eat anything the whole day and wizards (elven to boot) arent known for their inhuman resilience.

Donwstairs, he meet with the others and order for a bottle of wine. An elven made one.

"That smog", he says looking at Kalir and Daun,, "It exist so it makes me uncertain of their abilities and competence to completely remove any polluent from it like they wanted us to believe".

"And although I respect your work, Daun. I find your means to achieve your results a little bit raw: stand before an archmage and you'll be blasted by a Fireball or worse", he says and look around, "He sure isnt an archmage, but that doesnt mean he is harmless".

"Amarille was a fan of yours of sort. She respected and I trust her judgement. Once I get the relatory about those pollutents I'll let you take a view", he says while waiting for his bottle of wine, "If you want it, of course".

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Focusing hard, Gregory begins to chant, taking care to avoid being interrupted by the beast.

Show
    Gregory casts hold monster defensively. Assuming it succeeds, the monster needs to make a Will save, DC 25 or be stunned for 13 rounds (with another save each round to end it early).
    Concentration check: (1d20+22)[41]

15. - Top - End - #105

"Thank you. These two are with me." Kalir replies to the half elven maiden. He orders a light dish to snack on. He has a magic ring that allows him to go without food as well as get by with little sleep but sharing a meal is good. His mind is still on the howl from outside.

When Daun goes for a drink and starts to make new friends Kalir decides to go outside and check on the noise again. He nods to the archmage. "I'll be back in briefly." Outside he stops and listens then takes to the air. He flies up above the buildings to get a better chance to determine a direction if he hears it again. It was good to stretch his wings again after being stuck inside so long.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2018-12-09 at 03:58 PM.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ilvan takes this moment of respite to do something about the fact he's bleeding all over the floor.

Spoiler: Mechaics
    Show

Oh, that worked even better than anticipated.
    1.) standard action: Healing belt, one charge. (2d8)[11]. Should end bleed damage.
    EDIT: 11-3 (bleed)=8. 72+8=80/160.
    2.) move action: 30' up the stairs.
    3.) Swift action: Eternal training, humanoid:human. If he is human, the insight bonus to attack and damage vs. the Father goes from +3->+4. (as insight bonuses do not stack). If he is not human... remains +3 from knowledge(devotion) as that has not ended. (Edited for clarity)
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2018-12-08 at 12:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

@Gregory: That hurt.

But you have trained for years in both the Pelorian and Cuthbertine ways. Your body and soul are a weapon against any and all threats. You can take this…

But not Galavant. Another such attack and your faithful steed will be gone for a very long time. Right now, as you employ both hnads and kneel on one knee while the stone ground below cracks under the imemnse pressure from this beast, you send Brave Galavant away, back to Arcadia, until a new morning shines upon Halmathan…

Tonight, you fight this beast alone.

The immense monster shrieks in anger as you push its massive claw away and intone the words of St. Cuthbert, asking him to compel this beast into utter subm,ission. This will make it easier to slay and…

Wait. Something’s not right.

Your call to The Cudgel was answered. The spell was cast, but it has absolutely no effect on this abomination! Hell, it didn’t even bother to fight off the attack through mental strain!

What are you facing????

Round 2

The beast shrieks in your direction, primal rage burning in its eyes as its massive claw swipes the ground around you in a massive arc, potentially sending you flying back several feet!

Spoiler: Awesome Blow
    Show

29 damage. Reflex DC 29 or Gregory flies back 10 feet and is prone.

And whether you went flying back or not, the beast leaps back several feet away from you and pounds the Great Bridge with its fists shrieking at the top of its lungs as it then holds its head in what can only be interpreted as sheer rage and confusion.

Map

Show
    Gregory

@Ilven:
    This is your chance!

Who knows if Providence or some Fell Power had you cross paths with this mad man, but the child's gift has given you a much needed breather as the killer snarls in agony and you take the chance to run up the stairs of Oedon's Tomb and turn the dial on your belt, causing a soothing scent to rise around you as the blood on your wounds stops seeping out.

You managed to stave off the worst, but that cut from his axe, your belt cannot fix. Either you lose him, or put this psychopath down for good!

Round 5

It's once you have ran up the stairs and patched your wounds that the music box stops playing and remains with the lid open. You could probably wind it up again, but this killer is fast. As soon as the effect of the lullaby is gone, he rushes through the grave stones and looks up at you, from a fair distance.

And smiling wickedly, he aims his blunderbuss at you, shooting a in a wide range as the pellets ricohet around the stone steps, but a few catch you on the chest.

Spoiler: Blunderbuss Scattershot
    Show

9 piercing damage

Persistent bastard. What will you do?

Map

Show
    Father Gascoigne
    Ilven
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-08 at 10:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Gregory's shock at the creature's imperviousness to his spell is almost immediately broken by a swipe threatening to send him off of his feet. He stands his ground easily.

What is this thing? He had had a further plan of attack if it had resisted the spell, though he had considered that possibility unlikely. Now, however... Clearly this thing is either naturally immune to mental attacks or it is protected magically.

When it jumps back rather than try to continue the attack, Gregory tilts his head. A guardian...? He begins casting another spell, but does not approach the creature, opting instead to mend some of his wounds.

He then draws his mace from the efficient quiver at his side.

Show
    Natural 20 on the Reflex save, nice!

Converting heal mount to cure serious wounds spontaneously, healing for (3d8+13)[21] points of damage.

HP (prior to the spell): 130/196

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

@Camus: Kaylin winces as she feels her bandaged wrist and turns her back on you as she covers herself with the sheets.

"I am not a savage! You may have abandoned the Quivaris name, but not I! When I am admitted to Runestone, I will make History in this City. You just wait and see, Camus Shatris...!

Now I want to sleep. Leave me.""

It;s a flick of the switch and a light close of her door as you walk to the elevator and push the button down to the lobby.

Poor deluded Kaylin. If you were allowed to review her admission- something that will not happen because a heavy case of nepotism would be raised against her- you'd have to agree with theCouncil:

Being a wizard of considerable power. An archmage... that takes more than just being able to wield power at the scale you can. Although you are tied to Kaylin by blood, being a Quivaris, your time in Halmathan and meeting Amarille has made you a Shatris. Your cousin will learn that the path to Ultimate Knowledge is all about the Journey. Runestone will never admit someone like that. That crucial element is something that cannot be taught in a book.

Will she ever grasp it? Time will tell...

And as the elevator opens in the lobby, you head to to the Lounge and join the druid and raptoran. The king has given Kalir an open tab, and who are you to question his Majesty's wishes? The half elf maiden listens to your request and calls a slim young man dressed in black- a sommelier- who shows you a beautiful ceramic bottle with an engraving of a temple intertwined with a tree.

"Alurlyath.

A surprisingly sweet white wine with a slightly nutty aftertaste, this wine has long been considered “The Adventurer’s Wine” due to its origins in the Celene Region. Its wonderful taste and full body are further enhanced for romantic evenings by its prominent silver and green luminescence; it is stored in ceramic bottles and kegs to prevent its light from fading during transport.

The elvish name of the wine means “Best of the Temple.”

The man uncorks the bottle in front of you and serves you a small amount in a large wine glass for your approval.

The scent alone brings back memories from home. You have had Alurlyath before. It's not a cheap wine. A glass alone costs a small fortune and that's back home. You're getting the whole bottle tonight for free, and who says the best things in life aren't of such nature?

As for the SMC and their creations? Potentially hazardous. The Industrial Age Lord Bardak has begun on Halmathan could have repercussions felt for years. Does that mean that Daun's approach was the best? No. Men of Ashford and Skylarios' stature need to be addressed in a different way. They have a lot of influence and the wealth to back it up.

Still, these pollutants can be a problem if unchecked. A single forge produces enough smoke to cover a small area. And that's a run of the mill smithy.

In the SMC's case, we are talking about a thousand forges, at minimum. Working all day and night. This, coupled with arcane power, could be a very big threat in the long run if unchecked. Having said that, they claim that it's safe...

And who would doubt a noble?

@Daun: Was the King hitting on you? Maybe.

It's not the first time a noble has courted you. But given that you were the only druid aboard that metal monster and because of Lady Silvarel's absence, he may have called you to his side so as to check your reaction to Halmathan's newest marvel and perhaps, expects you to act accordingly.

The definition of acting accordingly though... that may vary wildly with what he has in mind and your own beliefs. But what will you do? Barge in with T'nauri into the SMC and wreck the place? You could, probably. And a number of endings may transpire depending on such action.

And as for the SMC and Ashford, for all their wealth and connections... they will answer to you if they turn this City into a junkyard. That's a promise they can take to their expensive mausoleums! Lofty pitch or not.

And as Camus orders a very expensive bottle, you have just begun drinking your Whiskey Ginger. The whole Venom Immunity is a mixed blessing- because alcohol in large amounts can be poisonous, chances are you will savor the taste... but get a nice buzz?

Let it be known that Nature can be fickle and cruel at times.

And then your attention goes to the table closest to yours. Crazy druids? Calchis? That's not good.

Although Cuthbert's High Inquisitor is known locally as The Compassionate Cudgel due to his somewhat lax views on dispensing The Law, the same cannot be said about his subordinates, such as Inquisitor Donovan and worse...

Inquisitor du Vay, Halmathan's Hulking Holy Hierophant. If these news- imagined or not- were to reach Cuthbert's Cathedral...

And so, dressed in your finest attire and jewels, you pull a chair with the gents next to you, who all stand up and give a courteous bow. They aren't savages and know how to greet a fine lady like you...

Also, there's a Royal Guard at your table. Nobody wants to mess with those. And although the name Morrick is not known to you, the man complaining to his mates is glad to have someone show genuine interest as he takes a sip of his drink.

"You can say that again, miss! I had a hunch there were crazies in Glenndale, but today, such ideas have been confirmed. My boy Morrick, he's a... bird watcher. he and his friends were watching birds a few hours ago at the park when they were attacked!

They managed to escape with their lives intact, but I was told that wild beasts leapt upon them. I have seen all manner of animals there, but they described them as feral... more so than usual. My friend used the word... Possessed.""

His friends laugh at his words as the man glares at them and continues.

"It's true! And he says a Forest Hag lead the pack. A creature that sent shivers down their spines. As beastly as the fiends she commanded. I am no druid, but even I know that's bad news!"

@Kalir: Give them a hand...and they'll take the entire arm off.

Judging by the bottle Camus ordered, that's worth a few month's salary for even a Royal Guard. Let's hope they don't go overboard. The King is generous, but he will definitely not like seeing the bill come in a few days.

But for now, you order a nice slider of mini burgers with deer meat and mushroom sauce. You don't need to eat them- your ring takes care of that. But as you take in a few bites, you look out the window towards fog filled Halmathan.

A howl? Those aren't unheard off- dogs howl at night. Hell, all it takes is one to start a howling concerto that may last an hour or more. Still...

You excuse yourself from the table and leave the meal half finished and step outside the Golden Mare and look back at the patrons through the window, especially Daun chatting up with some strangers. Royal Guards are in the Mare, but if they are, that means they are off duty, otherwise, they wouldn't be drinking and they'd be wearing their fully decked armor set, because frankly:

Who spends all day and night in armor? That's just silly. Not to mention incredibly uncomfortable. Fancy crystals or not, as many a young would be hero would immediately contest.

The fog keeps churning around the streets and you spread your black wings and soar upwards.

It feels good to be out of those tunnels and back in your element. Not only is the air very cold, but the fog roiling below amidst the buildings makes it very difficult to see and...

That howl again. No... a shriek? But it sounds so distant. A million miles away and who knows in what direction. Just as it was heard, it's snuffed out.

What you can see- and with incredible difficulty- are a few lights several blocks away from the Golden Mare.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

@Gregory: This is no ordinary foe.

Either someone cast a spell on this beast or it is naturally immune to your spell. Regardless, it's a threat... it needs to go down!

Standing your ground like a true Paladin, you watch the immense beast leap back and go on a rampage several feet away. Good, it seems somewhat distracted. You need to finish it off quickly, but first...

Calling on Cuthbert's Grace, you wash your body in divine radiance as many of your wounds are healed and immediately draw your mace. Time to go on the offensive here. A few well placed hits ought to do it.

Round 3

The beast looks at its claws and then at you, as you brandish your mace, blessed over the years and lets out a deafening screech as it ambles towards you, using its massive arm as support before its immense shadow envelops you and then stretches both arms wide before bringing them down on you, placing immense pressure as it attempts to lift you way up from the ground!

Spoiler: Beastly Embrace
    Show
    24 damage plus Improved Grab DC 42

This thing is incredibly tough! How are you going to break off his grip this time? But wait... what's that amongst his fur?

Spoiler: The Check
    Show
    Roll a Spot

Map

Show
    Gregory
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-08 at 04:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

The noise from afar didn't seem normal. Kalir activated his displacement cloak to save on time later if it was need then flew towards the lights. Flying that far doesn't take long and the different location may help figure out the direction of the noise.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe he was too rude to Kaylin, but she have to learn it: she is t the queen of the world and she cant expect to be treated well when she acts like a savage.

He goes dkwn stairs and study the wine.
    "This one is an excellent choice", he thanks the sommelier and call back the waiter, "Could you ask someone to deliver a soup for my sick cousin? Her room is the 205", he says and drink a sip from the wine, remembering of home.

Seeing Daun was busy talking with some strangers and that Kalir is off, Camus wonder if he should call it a night and go back to his tower.

He decides to drink another glass before inatead and wait for Kalir to come back.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

@Gregory: His grip is far stronger than before!

How is a beast like this so freakishly strong?! You have The Cudgel's blessings flowing like a river over your body and soul and they still don't seem enough, as you wriggle and squirm to no avail...

This beast has you trapped in its massive claws and does not plan to let go.

Round 4

The creature pulls you closer to it as it looks at you and shrieks right in your face as he lifts you over its horns and you can see the cracked floor of St. Abaidas Bridge coming to greet you as the immense beast uses you as a human hammer, pummeling the floor several times, each time, the sound of its shrieks and roars gets muddled with the sound of your body cracking several ribs, but something has caught your attention amidst the frenzy:

Why is it...

Spoiler: 1st Ground Pound
    Show
    17 damage

Wearing a...

Spoiler: 2nd Ground Pound
    Show
    19 damage

Symbol of St. Cuthbert...?

Spoiler: Ground Slam!
    Show
    25 damage

The beast lets go off you and roars towards the sky as it brandishes its menacing claws at you. That symbol is wedged amidst its fur and exposed ribs, cracked and covered in blood as the dust clears and you shake off the excess rubble on your very battered armor.

How to go about this now? Fight this beast or run away?

Map

Show

Gregory
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-09 at 03:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: Flying above the Golden Mare and its immediate environs, you try and make out the source of the noise...

But just as it came, it's gone. What does catch your attention are some lights, barely making it through the thick blanket of fog. On nights like these, it isn't unusual for lights to be lit. Lamps around Halmathan serve exactly that purpose, but as you glide down, you can tell that the lights are moving back and forth in an erratic manner and a smell...

Blood and incense.

It's the sound of battle that draws you closer towards the ground when you see the carriage you drove in- it's been overturned to the side of the street and the horse has been killed lying on a pool of its own blood.

The coach man lies a few feet, butchered madly. His top hat strewn around by the wind as several other men lie dead nearby. They aren't wearing armor. In fact, most of them were carrying torches, pitchforks and the odd cutlass, now shattered.

One of them kneels on the ground and loos at a deep wound on its belly before grunting and falling head first on the pavement.

The last man standing wields a torch and a rusted hand axe as a dark figure stands before him and drives its hand cleanly through the man's chest, causing an eruption of blood from its back before it tries to swing at its killer and drops dead at its feet, allowing you to get a better view of the one in charge of this massacre:

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Over so soon? That's a shame. Still, this music box was a powerful tool... if it kept working.

Ilvan continues up the stairs amid the hail of lead. Hopefully, the madman would give chase.

Show

1.) Free action, boots of speed (round 4/10)
    2.) Double move action, 120' up the stairs. Unfortunately, this takes Ilvan off of the revealed map.... should the stairs end, he wants line of sight down them, and a tomb or some surface that the music box can be dropped on without breaking it.

Next round will be spent winding the music box, should the DM wish to use this information to combat the slow nature of Play-by-post. (Especially when a player is drawing out a fight unnecessarily.... Sorry about that.)

26. - Top - End - #116

The sight of the bloodbath enrages the raptoran. Not in his city! He embraces Tiger Claw by diving full speed and unleashing blindingly fast attacks with his heavy flail, Thresher.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift to change to Punishing Stance. Diving Charge with Pouncing Charge. 40' Flight (Good maneuverability) plus double speed downward should give me more than enough distance. If I was using a piercing weapon that'd be double damage.

Three strikes: first two are normal, third is a trip attack with the flail.

Thresher1: (1d20+23)[43] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+26)[29] (Charge, +INT to crit)
    damage: (1d10+9)[17] + (1d6)[2] Electric + (1d6)[3] Stance (+INT=3 if flat-footed or flanked)
    crit: (1d10+9)[14] + (1d6)[3] Electric + (1d6)[3] Stance (+INT=3 if flat-footed or flanked) + Prismatic Spray effect rollv]5d8[/rollv]

Thresher2: (1d20+18)[37] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+21)[30] (Charge, +INT to crit)
    damage: (1d10+9)[19] + (1d6)[3] Electric + (1d6)[5] Stance (+INT=3 if flat-footed or flanked)
    crit: (1d10+9)[17] + (1d6)[3] Electric + (1d6)[4] Stance (+INT=3 if flat-footed or flanked) + Prismatic Spray effect rollv]5d8[/rollv]

Trip: (1d20+13)[28] (Charging, touch attack) No AoO from using flail.
    Str check: (1d20+15)[35] (+6 Str, +4 Imp Trip, +5 Belt)

If target is tripped, Improved Trip bonus attack:
    Thresher: (1d20+13)[32] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+16)[29] (Charge, +INT to crit)
    damage: (1d10+9)[10] + (1d6)[6] Electric + (1d6)[1] Stance (+INT=3 if flat-footed or flanked)
    crit: (1d10+9)[13] + (1d6)[2] Electric + (1d6)[5] Stance (+INT=3 if flat-footed or flanked) + Prismatic Spray effect rollv]5d8[/rollv]

OOC rolls:
    1st attack: Prismatic Spray effect (5d8)[6][5][6][8][6](31)
    2nd attack: Prismatic Spray effect (5d8)[7][1][6][8][5](27)
    Trip attack: Prismatic Spray effect (5d8)[4][5][2][2][7](20)

Spoiler: Prismatic Spray on crit
    Show

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prismaticSpray.htm
    5d8 rolled in case of an 8 or too many 8s. DC 20 for all.
    1 Red 20 points fire damage (Reflex half)
    2 Orange 40 points acid damage (Reflex half)
    3 Yellow 80 points electricity damage (Reflex half)
    4 Green Poison (Kills; Fortitude partial, take 1d6 points of Con damage instead)
    5 Blue Turned to stone (Fortitude negates)
    6 Indigo Insane, as insanity spell (Will negates)
    7 Violet Sent to another plane (Will negates)
    8 Struck by two rays; roll twice more, ignoring any “8” results.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Effects:
    DR 3/-
    Displacement 20%
    +5 STR checks
    +4 saves vs fear
    Immune to blinded or dazzled
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Punishing Stance: +1d6 damage, -2AC

Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncany Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncany Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

HP: 238/238
    AC: 17 FF: 13 Touch: 10 (-2 charge, -2 stance)

Last edited by Cavir; 2018-12-08 at 10:48 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

@Ilven: Such nice little melody... and now it's gone.

This madman isn't letting you get off that easy, though- you have wandered into his killing grounds and in so doing, become his prey. But you aren't about to give in to the night as easily as those bodies chopped below.

Even though you've been shot, twice, you need to gain distance from this guy and so, thank the many magical purchases made in years past as your boots take you at incredible speeds to a higher area within Oedon's Tomb.

There are several old angel statues further up ahead, as decor for this hallowed ground. Their faces covered in hoods and moss that has grown on top. Their hands seem to have the gesture of prayer and heavy chains have been thrown around them. You should be able to jump down to a mausoleum's rooftop from where you are... assuming you can get there in time.

Round 6

And then, the madman looks up at you through his old bandages and grins maniacally as he darts up the steps.

Now, you may be fast, thanks to your boots... but this man, bereft of any seemingly powerful items sans his axe and blunderbuss scrapes the Hallowed ground with his menacing blade and darts at top speed up the stairs with such speed, that he actually darts a few feet past you and skids on the ground, using his axe as an anchor as he exhales more of that cold breath.

Being too close for comfort and within his malevolent aura, you begin winding the music box for a second time...

Round 7

Just like before, the lullaby from the tiny music box has left this madman unable to focus on the task at hand- ending your life.

But where to go from here? He seems very fast. Having said that, you have injured him rather well with your initial arrow volley.

Map

Show
    Father Gascoigne
    Ilven

@Kalir: A massacre like this... NOT ON YOUR WATCH!

And although King Marcus highly recommended you with Daun regarding security tonight, these poor souls and even the horse butchered like this cannot be overlooked. Neither can the killer, as you fly towards him and proceed to pummel the beaked psychopath with a ferocity even Lord Ashford would have trouble disbelieving.

Such is the force of the impact, that the assassin is thrown back several feet as it performs an agile somersault mid air and lands on one knee on the cold bloody ground as it looks at its many wounds and gets up, facing you as its cape, as black as the night it conjured him from, ruffles a bit and those dead eyes on the mask focus on you, as it speaks in a woman's voice:

"So... even the Royal Guard has fallen to Bloodlust? And an outsider? What a mess you've been caught up in. And tonight, of all nights. I have marks left before this Dream ends, but putting you down now has become a priority.

Come then, disciple of Ludwig! Another beast that shall be put down.. send my regards to the Old Helguard.""

The woman gives you a bow and shakes off her cape.

"I will make it quick...""

Normally, an assault like that would have left anyone dead. Hell, she should have been hit so hard, she shouldn't even be here. Although blood trickles down her cape and onto the floor, she is not backing down from this fight. This was begun...and it has to end.

Round 1

The woman adopts a slight stance, turning her body to face you at three quarters amidst the corpses on the street and beckons with a black gloved hand, covered in fresh blood from her victims.

"Try that again on me, little boy..."

She clearly has the advantage. But instead of rushing in, she's leaving herself wide open...

Show
    The Crow
    Kalir
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-10 at 02:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

@Camus: The raptoran is gone...

Maybe he got called back to the Royal Palace? Who knows, but although Kaylin was a royal she dog earlier, she is family. And so, you ask the hotel to send her a bowl of soup. She needs to get her strength back.

You? You have a very expensive bottle of wine sitting in front of you and a real tragedy would it be indeed if it was left full, as you pour yourself another glass and the sommelier smiles and bows.

"I am glad you like it, sir. We don't get this wine very often. It is the King's favorite. Soup will be sent to Lady Quivaris. Enjoy...""

Daun is talking it up with some mundanes in the table next to you, but where's your security? You could always just fly back, but seven glasses of champagne and elven wine...? You wouldn't want a crash landing against The Tower of Magi, now would you?

Kalir must be flying around outside... or some such. he should be back soon:

He is Daun's security for the remaining of this evening, after all.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Gregory grits his teeth before launching into another spell, one that might give him a bit more time -- if the creature is not so strong willed that it resists the effect.

He then draws his shield.

Show
    Gregory casts sanctuary on himself; the creature must make a DC 20 Will save to attack.

HP: 66/196
    Last edited by Taelas; 2018-12-09 at 06:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

The creature survived the assault and held ground. Impressive. No ordinary opponent. A better look now. Dressed as a crow? The Crow? The Hunter? By Kord an interesting challenge but the king and the city will want answers just as he did.

Kalir speaks firmly and loudly. "You mistake bloodlust with fury. I am in control of my actions. Look the results of your bloodlust. Innocent blood spilt. In the name of the King stand down and answer to His Majesty!"

Sergeant Maxil can worry about paladin style head-on fighting. Part of Kalir's value to the Royal Guard was his ability to think and act differently while still being loyal. She wanted him dead so he doubted running away would be on her mind.

Suddenly, the raptoran disappeared.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Free: Speak.
    Standard: Activate Ring of Invisibility.
    Swift: Change stance to Hearing the Air.
    Move: Fad back flying diagonally to end up 10' up, 10' back, and 10' left from where I was. Not clear how far back she moved away, if it matters. Tumble at full speed if it matters.

Do I notice any weapons, armor, or gear on her beside the mask and glove?

Martial Lore check to see if she is making use of the Sublime Way. roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Sense Motive (1d20+4)[7]
    Move Silently (1d20+3)[16]
    Spot (1d20+11)[28]
    Tumble DC 25 (1d20+22)[31]
    Last edited by Cavir; 2018-12-09 at 03:55 PM.
    Show