Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1107
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Kalir

    The figure in the middle dropped and laid motionless with the arrow to the head. Was that the Hunter gone mad that the Arrow of God had just killed, or was he just another victim? The dead bodies strewn around had been hacked at, not the work of an expert archer.

    "I will check to see if he is dead then. Sir Selma, please keep your bow lowered." He never thought he'd be trying to give orders to a helguard but Kalir still needed to confirm the helguard wasn't the one with bloodlust. He glided down to the body, still invisible. Watching for signs of movement he grabbed the giant halberd and tossed it off to the side. The body was face down with the face turned to the side due to the arrow. With one hand holding Thresher he grabbed an arm and pulled it up over over the back to flip it over. The death arrow was in deep. Kalir was surprised it didn't break through the skull on the other side as deep as it was. He took notice of the face and clothing. Who was it? He flicked the tail end of the arrow. If they were still alive there would be no hiding it with pain of the arrow being jostled.

    He looked towards the helguard. "He's dead. As I said, it's me, Kalir." With a turn of his ring he became visible, raptoran eyes locked on the helguard for signs of attacking.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Ilvan lowers his bow but does not put it away. The Guard couldn’t possibly hold him responsible, if the madman were truly dead. No, he had been a murderer, clear and simple, so Ilvan shouldn’t feel remorse. Still, that little girl...

    Then a raptoran flickers into view. Oh right, that Kalir. A dragon slayer should be able to take care of a lone madman should he be only faking.
    ”I dont know his name, but I may know his family. His little girl sent me to find him and his wife, if you can believe it.” Well, if not proven, the music box at least strongly suggested it. He looks at the dead man before him. “Killing him shouldn’t have been possible; I have an enchantment. Perhaps his illness-“ Ilvan breaks off as he sees how far the shaft had sunk. People did tend to die with an arrow between the eyes. Maybe he’d been overzealous.

    “Anyway, found him dismembering corpses, and he tried to dismember me.”

    Kalir too wasn’t looking exactly healthy, was he?
    “What are you doing swooping about so far from the palace?”
    Spoiler: Currently Playing...
    Show


    Rowan Mata, healer and annoying little brother

    Tybalt, ship's rat

    Vern, who'll win back his fortune any day now....

    Spoiler: Playing in Games on Hiatus...
    Show

    Natasha Polzin, Ascended NPC and Roguebuckler extraordinaire

    Laurel Cascara, who has a cat now. (and it's better than Freya)

    Ilvan Selma , retired Helguard


  3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Ilven: So that was Kalir...unseen.

    Of course! The Raptoran Royal Guard. Good to see a member of the armed forces and one of his caliber here. Your bow is lowered, as you turn a notch on your belt to stop the bleeding, but something about that mad man's death.

    Given what your bow can do... and cannot.


    @Kalir: It's a butcher house, alright.

    Swooping down towards the dead man, covered in a pol of his own blood and still invisible, you reassure the Old Helguard that there is nothing to worry about:

    The arrow wounds are deep. Blood has stop spilling from his body, but he's not moving as you kick back that halberd of his, except...

    It's tightly gripped in his hand. How...?

    And when you turn his face to check the fatal arrow wound, you can see it's there, but the man, with bandaged eyes, has adopted a feral look as his entire body begins to shudder and you feel a monstrous energy coming from him...

    It's a sudden blast of red energy that pushes you back ten feet. As if an unseen force has knocked you out, not unlike a fist! What is it with this man...?!

    @Kalir & Ilven: What's happening to him...?

    The mad man's body suffers a drastic and very painful change as his clothes are shredded and his gloves tear off, revealing a set of dangerous looking claws as the man- no, not a man anymore- a Beast, howls in primal anger and amidst the blood red aura, his new form is revealed:



    What the hell is it? If it was human before, it isn't now. For those who have fought it, he was brutal. Now, pushed to the limit, this Hunter has succumbed to Blood and so, has turned.

    And for Kalir, words of caution were given by The Crow. There is no reasoning with a creature like this- it's out for blood and unless you can put it down, this will be both your graves!

    Round 1

    @Kalir: The Beast has no need for that halberd- those claws alone could swipe the head off a man easily, given his new size. As big as an ogre, a hundred times more agile. Given its size and fury... is it raging? Not good!

    The Beast takes a single step forward and several gravestones around you shudder and crack as it raises a single claw at you and immediately you can tell that being close to him is a dangerous and deadly affair.

    Spoiler: Primal Fear
    Show
    Gascoigne, in human or Beast form, can cause any prey he threatens within 20ft. to take a -2 morale penalty on all saving throws, attacks, skills and damage for as long as they remain within range. If Kalir has some form of fear immunity, ignore the penalties.


    It's a single claw, raised high over its head as the beast sniffs you out, despite being invisible and tears a piece of the ground with you on it, causing an explosion of dirt and feathers and blood as you;re sent flying back even more!

    Spoiler: Awesome Blow
    Show
    21 damage. Reflex DC 21 or fall back 10ft. and prone




    Map




    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Gascoigne the Beast
    Ilven
    Kalir
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-14 at 05:51 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Gregory lets out a groan as he is knocked backwards, falling on his back. He quickly gets to his feet, but the beast is too far away for him to do much to it now. He glances at the raven, giving it a grateful nod as he feels the healing magic spread through him, closing most, if not all of his wounds.

    He begins running after the monster, but even with the additional speed from the mage's enchantment, he does not get very close.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move action to stand from prone, then run 40 feet closer.

    HP: 184/196
    AC: 30, not 29. I forgot Gregory's not Large at the moment.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Ilvan's bow snaps back up as the madman becomes.... well, not quite a madman anymore. Silver arrows seem to have been a fortunate choice, if the old wives' tales were true.

    He doubted the beast would be any slower than the man, so the only option was to put it down for good as quickly as possible. With the dragonslayer to keep the beast busy, he continues his work.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    EDIT: Critical calculations in progressCalculations finished.

    Does this count as the same encounter as previous? The new count would indicate "no."
    For purposes of targeting that's an... animal? Maybe?

    1.) Swift action, eternal training use part 2, targeting "animal". -4 to attack and damage if this assumption is incorrect.
    2.) Free action, boots of speed, round 8/10
    2.) Full attack

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Haste: [roll]1d20+31[roll]=51=critical
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+35)[48]
    Damage: (1d8)[2] + (1d6+9)[11] nonlethal + (1d6)[3] acid = 13 nonlethal +3 acid
    Crit damage: 25 nonlethal
    Total= 38 nonlethal, 3 acid.

    Attack 1: [roll]1d20+31[roll] +1 stance= 35
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+35)[54]
    Damage: (1d8)[2] + (1d6+9)[14] nonlethal + (1d6)[6] acid +1 stance= 17 nonlethal, 6 acid

    Attack 2: [roll]1d20+26[roll] +1 stance = 44
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+30)[46]
    Damage: (1d8)[8] + (1d6+9)[11] nonlethal + (1d6)[2] acid +1 stance= 20 nonlethal, 2 acid

    Attack 3: [roll]1d20+21[roll] +1 stance = 27
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+25)[43]
    Damage: (1d8)[4] + (1d6+9)[11] nonlethal + (1d6)[1] acid +1 stance = 16 nonlethal, +1 acid.


    Spoiler: Modifiers/calculations
    Show

    HP= 36/160

    Attack: 20base +2 bracers, +1 magic, +1 weapon focus, +4 eternal training, +1 haste, +2 stance =+32/26/21

    Damage: +1d6 merciful, +1d6 acid, +1 bracers, +1 magic +4 eternal training, +1 haste, +2 stance= +8
    arrows are silver again.
    Still in blood in the water stance, effects apply upon a critical, but expire if ten rounds elapse since the last critical.
    EDIT: That brings blood in the water to +3, 10 rounds remaining until expiration.




    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2018-12-14 at 03:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Currently Playing...
    Show


    Rowan Mata, healer and annoying little brother

    Tybalt, ship's rat

    Vern, who'll win back his fortune any day now....

    Spoiler: Playing in Games on Hiatus...
    Show

    Natasha Polzin, Ascended NPC and Roguebuckler extraordinaire

    Laurel Cascara, who has a cat now. (and it's better than Freya)

    Ilvan Selma , retired Helguard


  6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Daun: If only you had Lady Silvarel here with you...

    She is a very wise elven druid. Let there be no doubt she'd be able to lend a helping hand against this heinous beast, but she isn't. Right now, it's you, Camus and Sir Gregory...and he's not looking well.

    In your current form, you will not be able to best that thing. The Fires of Purity help keep the inquisitor somewhat safe, but a war of attrition against that thing? It will smite all three of you against the bridge if you face it head on. Still... not many choices here.

    But since Inquisitor du Vay seems interested in exchanging blows with it, you might as well give him a refresher as rose petals shower the Cuthbertine, placing him back at full potential. You need him alive since The Hulking Hierophant is the only one who can reliably hit that beast.

    And then fly up forty feet- no reason to place yourself in danger any longer.


    @Gregory: Damn beast.

    He sure likes to leap around the Great Bridge. Your armor is heavy and even with so many of Cuthbert's blessings, that swipe of his sends you flying back a few feet as the raven patches you up good and you grunt, getting back on your feet.

    You may not be a Royal Guard, but your training rivals them. Some might say it's even better. You are putting this thing down. It's weakened and you will not get another chance. Mace in hand, you run down St. Abaidas Bridge like a mad man. ready to face this monstrosity.

    May Cuthbert guide your hand in this dark night that has fallen Halmathan.



    Round 12



    @Camus: Watching from a safe vantage point above the Great Bridge, your mighty summon is impaled by the beast in such a brutal manner, that it dissipates into the fog, back to its Plane of Origin.

    Spoiler: Claw Swipe
    Show

    60 damage


    And then, watching du Vay running towards him, covered in green flames, the Beast shrieks in his direction and runs towards the Inquisitor, causing the entire bridge to rumble and shake...

    Before it does a mighty leap way over the Cuthbertine and lands with a massive stomp right in front of you, shrieking and howling into your face.

    Map



    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Beast of the Great Bridge
    Gregory
    Camus
    Daun





    @Ilven: No wonder that guy was so fast...

    He was never human, most likely. if this is his true face, then it is confirmed:

    It's a beast. Not unlike the old folk tales regarding men that can turn into savage animals under certain conditions. Whether that's the case here or not, he did transform. But there is no real reason as to why.

    What you do know is that it's bashing Kalir even if you cannot see him. This beast's senses seem to be augmented, like a rabid animal. And like a rabid animal, you are going to put it down.

    The arrows fly true. None miss their mark. Acid, like before, is not hurting it. something he did prior to his transformation remains. Ideally, you should be able to pepper him with enough arrows and knock the hell out of him- maybe revert him to his human state and cure him of such madness...



    Map



    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Gascoigne the Beast
    Ilven
    Kalir
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-14 at 02:50 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    "By the Cudgel!" Gregory swears in frustration, turning around and running back the opposite way. As soon as he gets close enough, he intones the words for another spell, holding high a holy symbol. He points at the beast.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Gregory runs back 40 feet, then casts destruction. It needs to make a DC 26 Fort save, or be destroyed. If it succeeds, it takes (10d6)[43] damage instead.

    HP: 184/196
    AC: 30

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Daun has no desire to be that close to the thing, and for the time being she had to assume the grand archmage of protection had a way of, well, protecting himself. Especially because she didn't really have much to help with. She flaps a bit, getting some more distance away.

    Summoning the druidic energy that comes instinctually after so many years, she calls forth one of the most powerful creatures she knows: not naturally of this world, but an ally of the elements that create it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a 5 foot step up, then using True Seeing to spontaneously cast Summon Nature's Ally VII: greater fire elemental into the space as close to the beast as possible.

    Casting defensively, cause I'm not taking any more chances with this thing's reach. (1d20+20)[39]

    And since this is a full round action, I believe it will arrive basically on my next turn.
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2018-12-14 at 06:52 AM.
    The greatest gift one can give is that of laughter.

    I will be away from 7/13 to 7/21 with spotty cell connection. Posting will probably slow during this time.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Kalir

    No more thoughts of saving the beast. It was time to kill. It was a dangerous beast, still had to fight intelligently. The Way would provide. Another volley of arrows came in. This time he was glad for it. Kalir released a flurry of attacks with Thresher, then leapt back out of range of the beast.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Passed the Reflex save in OOC.
    Full attack (2 swings + 1 trip attempt). If I trip it then stay. If it is still standing then Sudden Leap to get clear.

    Thresher1: (1d20+19)[38] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+22)[27] (+INT to crit) (-2 aura)
    damage: (1d10+7)[11] + (1d6)[2] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[8] + (1d6)[1] Electric + Prismatic Spray effect (5d8)[8][8][8][2][2](28) (-2 aura)

    Thresher2: (1d20+14)[18] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+17)[20] (+INT to crit) (-2 aura)
    damage: (1d10+7)[10] + (1d6)[1] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[13] + (1d6)[1] Electric + Prismatic Spray effect (5d8)[8][2][4][4][4](22) (-2 aura)

    Trip1: (1d20+9)[17] (-2 aura, No AoO from using flail, touch attack)
    STR check: (1d20+14)[26] (+6 Str, +4 Imp Trip, +5 Belt, -2 aura)

    If Trip successful, Improved Trip attack:
    Thresher2: (1d20+9)[13] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+12)[22] (+INT to crit) (-2 aura)
    damage: (1d10+7)[13] + (1d6)[3] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[10] + (1d6)[1] Electric + Prismatic Spray effect (5d8)[3][2][2][6][4](17) (-2 aura)

    If it is still standing, Sudden Leap with full speed Tumble. Jumping towards the lower left corner. Since I can't see column headers I'll start the labels from the left on the screenshot not counting the number column. (A, B, C, etc) which puts Ilven at E19 on that last screenshot. Jump will get me as far as I can to G34.
    Jump (1d20+32)[39] (-2 aura)
    Tumble (DC 25) (1d20+20)[35] (-2 aura)

    Spoiler: Prismatic Spray on crit
    Show

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prismaticSpray.htm
    5d8 rolled in case of an 8 or too many 8s. DC 20 for all.
    1 Red 20 points fire damage (Reflex half)
    2 Orange 40 points acid damage (Reflex half)
    3 Yellow 80 points electricity damage (Reflex half)
    4 Green Poison (Kills; Fortitude partial, take 1d6 points of Con damage instead)
    5 Blue Turned to stone (Fortitude negates)
    6 Indigo Insane, as insanity spell (Will negates)
    7 Violet Sent to another plane (Will negates)
    8 Struck by two rays; roll twice more, ignoring any “8” results.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    DR 3/- (3 used)
    Displacement 20%
    +5 STR checks
    +4 saves vs fear
    Immune to blinded or dazzled
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Hearing the Air: Blindsense 30' and +5 Listen

    Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncany Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncany Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

    HP: 123/238
    AC: 21 Touch: 14 FF: 17 (-2 aura)

    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Gregory: This is it!

    This creature has wrought enough destruction for one night. Camus and the raven have been of great help, but this is a battle that began with you... and you're ending it.

    Running towards the beast and still wreathed in Mystic Flames, you brandish your holy symbol and invoke the forbidden words, the ultimate teachings of your church. A power so vile, it is rarely used unless extreme circumstances call for it.

    And this one would most likely apply.

    The Beast shrieks and roars as you focus on it, uttering the words of power as the creature howls to the sky and holds on to its head in abject pain before cracks begin to appear all over its frame...

    And then, with a beastly roar, green flames envelop it as the beast explodes in a wide radius, showering everyone on the Great Bridge in blood as a single distant knell can be heard.

    @Daun, Camus & Gregory: It's over.

    Whatever this thing was, where it came from... who knows. But it is no more. there is nothing left of it. except...

    A single cracked bloody holy symbol. The symbol of St. Cuthbert.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    With suddenly weary fingers, Gregory bends down to pick up the cracked holy symbol of his god. He studies it with a slight frown.

    He looks up at Camus, and turns his head to glance at the raven as well.

    "Thank you for the assistance you provided," the inquisitor says. "I shall not forget this."

    He sighs and closes his fist around the symbol. "Something sinister happened here tonight. This is the symbol of a Cuthbertine. It was embedded within the fur of that thing. How could it have gotten stuck there?"

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Chimaera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Watching the creature leap towards him makes Camus a little bit unconfortable. He was hoping he didnt had to step into the battlefield, but I guess there is little room for not engaging.

    His gloved fingers start to crackle with green lightning as the archmage was about to disintegrate it... But they disappear when the inquisitor smite down the creature for good, showering in blood, much to his disgust.

    "Whate er that beast was I take he must have one of yours as a snack maybe?", he said pointing to the bloodied holy symbol, "I believe you can figure out which missing cuthbertine dont show up tomorrow or maybe you can divine on it and find out who it belonged to", Camus before holding his hand ul, "Just a moment".

    The elf wizard fly down on the cold water and try to get rid if as much blood as possible from him before flying back up to the bridge.

    "It would be wise to cordon the bridge so that no one get in danger of crossing it. At least until some engineer take a look at the structure".

    The archmage then turn to the others.
    "Do you know if there are more of those running around?"
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    "While that is not an irrational assumption, surely it would have been in the thing's stomach, rather than worn. I think... Perhaps the beast itself was the Cuthbertine the symbol belonged to..." His voice trails off at the end, one gloved hand stroking his beard.

    Gregory's forehead is marred by a deep frown.

    After a minute, he shakes himself out of it. "Cordon off the bridge. Yes, excellent suggestion. I will see to it. I must be off for the Cathedral at once. Archmage, let me once again thank you for your assistance."

    The inquisitor bows down deeply before the elf, then begins walking towards the Cathedral on foot.
    Last edited by Taelas; 2018-12-14 at 07:02 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Chimaera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    "Either way you'll find out who it might be tomorrow", Camus answer the inquisitor and nod for the correct use of his title.

    He look to Daun in raven form and decide to let she reveal herself or not, "Want us to escort you to the temple? The king did told us to avoid walking these streets alone tonight. I would Teleport us there, but something is odd in this night, messing with my teleportation".

    He wait for the answer and should the inquisitor deny, he just give the man good night and take to the skies.

    Spoiler: Conditional
    Show
    If Gregory accept, he will follow him to the Churches. If he reject, he go up and will decide where to flight: Gleendale or to follow Gregory and hace his back, even if he denied.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Daun dismisses the elemental as soon as it appears, breathing a sigh of relief as the monster is reduced to nothing. False alarm, spirit of fire.

    She flutters over to Camus and Gregory. "I don't know how that... thing came to have a symbol of Saint Cuthbert, but whatever it was, it was not under some traditional curse. *Raawk* Perhaps there is some vile transmuter around the city delighting in corrupting members of the law.

    It's late, I'm tired, and I should get my things before the end of the night. Goodnight Sir Gregory. Camus, thanks for the ocean tour."
    Despite the trials of the night, she seems cordial, invigorated by the fight.

    In another flutter of black feathers, Daun flies off back to the Tersetti house to reclaim her belongings, using her last bit of healing along the way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Flying back to her room to get the things she left before the Gala.

    Also casting Cure Moderate Wounds, because I'm still kind of injured. (2d8+10)[25]
    The greatest gift one can give is that of laughter.

    I will be away from 7/13 to 7/21 with spotty cell connection. Posting will probably slow during this time.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Kalir: Is he the one The Crow was after....?!

    By Kord, what is this thing?! It's so damn aggressive! One second, it was laying dead and now it's a ten foot tall beast, with a strength to match yours...

    Taking him into custody isn't an option. You need to put him down. And put him down fast, otherwise, it will kill you and the Old Helguard. No wonder he's kept away from him, shooting from afar.

    But that isn't the case for you. Thresher responds in kind, however...

    As powerful an alloy as adamantine is, this monster's hide is incredibly resilient..barely a scratch. The enchantments placed upon it at Runestone don't even faze him. Acid may as well be spring water gently rolling off its hide.

    A brief respite as you manage to knock the beast down. Get it on its back. Finish it off while it's struggling to get back up and...

    ...and the beast immediately uses one hand to spin its upper body back! He knew he was falling and averted it with some trick... not good. Time to leap back, gain some distance, as you perform acrobatics of your own and land by some gravestones, flail always in hand.


    Round 2


    @Kalir: The beast howls and then slavers as it fixes its blind gaze upon you.

    lowering its body and almost getting on all fours, the creature roars and makes a pouncing leap, landing on top of you as it utterly wrecks your body and the gravestones used as cover in an explosion of stone, dirt, feathers and blood.

    Spoiler: 1st Claw
    Show
    21 damage


    Spoiler: 2nd Claw
    Show
    19 damage


    Spoiler: Bite
    Show
    19 damage


    It's big. It''s fast. It hits hard...

    How are you going to about this?




    Map


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Gascoigne the Beast
    Ilven
    Kalir








    @Daun: Whatever it was, it's gone... good riddance.

    You have seen all manner of wild animals and beasts of certain properties back in Glenndale, but never one such as that. It hit with monstrous strength and held itself against not one but three powerful casters and their summons.

    But in the end, it was unable to withstand the power of St. Cuthbert, channeled through Sir Gregory. as to who or what made that thing? Lord Bardak Skylarios' answer seems the most obvious:

    Magic!

    As much as you may dislike those Captains of Industry, magic indeed may have been involved. But who wields magic here? Let's review:

    You are able to harness Nature itself and transform into an animal, your current state. Never mind being able to adopt the more feral aspects of the world's most infamous predators, transforming you into a lethal killing machine.

    Camus is able to call forth beings of such power, that a mere mortal's head would crack upon from just seeing them. And that's on a good day- the mages at Runestone are said to be capable of legendary feats in the arcane, able to meld reality at their very will.

    Sir Gregory here, by virtue of his faith alone, turned that thing into nothing. Unmaking it completely. And that's before he was asked at the gala to drop down to size- he's usually a giant.

    And that's just the three of you here. Many of your closest friends and acquaintances wield power comparable to yours. Some even more. So is Magic involved? Maybe.

    A better question would be: who's magic?

    And with that, you bid both man and elf good bye and fly through the fog filled night back to the Tersetti Estate. You were badly hit by that thing and so, use some of your own powers to patch your broken wing as you glide through the small opening of your window and collect yourself.

    Your parents must be asleep by now. And should be for the long night ahead.


    @Gregory: The symbol of Cuthbert, cracked and bloodied, stains your glove as you look at it and listen to the Archmage.

    This thing... did it eat one of The Cudgel's faithful? There are no records of any in your church being a monster. That's ridiculous. It's impossible and yet...

    Even upon their arrival, that thing was pretty much fixed on you and you alone. Resorting to fighting the others when they flew in to help. Perhaps Communing with St. Cuthbert may yield answers. Right now, as an Inquisitor, it is your job to exert the Law and cordon the bridge- not that there will be anyone coming here tonight. There wasn't and still isn't a single soul in the City, despite the brutal fight you had.


    @Camus: And there she goes, flying into the night.

    You did take her for a swim, so it would be understandable that she'd want to avoid any more magic tricks from you. As for that thing? A matter that warrants interest, for sure. Gregory should be able to gain some insight into what happened via his church and their faith. You?

    You could teleport back to Runestone. This has been a strange night and there is much to report come the morrow...

    Or you could follow the inquisitor as he walks along St. Abaidas Bridge towards Cathedral Ward.


    @Gregory: You could head back to St. Cuthbert's Cathedral in the Royal District, which isn't too far from this place, but there is a reason you rode Galavant here before being stomped to near death.

    Now Cathedral Ward is a massive place. Calling a "City within a City"is not too far a stretch. The Pelorian church, headed by High Father Jace Abaidas, the Exalted has a congregation so big devoted to the Sun, that they extended their temple grounds and converted it into a district of their own.

    Today, most of those that live inside are pious men and women. Entire families devoted not only to the worship of Blessed Pelor, but to the advent of The Healing Church, whose Ministers are always willing and able to provide much needed succor to anyone in Halmathan for free. The Healing Church seeks to live up to Pelor's tenets as healers and so far, they have succeeded in spades.

    Never will a man, woman or child find themselves wanting for the touch of the Divine to visit their wounds, both physical and spiritual.

    However, as you approach the enormous highly decorated gate to Cathedral ward... this one is closed. The imposing door, made of wrought iron and decorated with hooded figures with their hands placed together in prayer watch silently as you look around past the gate for sign of anyone.

    You can smell incense wafting from the gates...and some figure in the shadows... much like a large lump. But no one to greet you.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-15 at 04:38 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Daun keeps her business in the Tersetti Estate short. She keeps an eye out for any people walking along the rooftops like before, but mostly she just dives through her ajar window, shifts back into human form, collects her belongings, shifts back into the body of a raven, and flies back out. The night is late and getting later, she could parse through everything that happened in the morning.

    With her items again at hand, she drifts lazily back towards Glenndale to find T'nauri and sleep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Shaping one last time.
    The greatest gift one can give is that of laughter.

    I will be away from 7/13 to 7/21 with spotty cell connection. Posting will probably slow during this time.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Chimaera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    "I'll call it a night then", he says and fly back to Runestone. Got a bottle of wine to drink and a lot to think about.

    Once back to his tower he decides to take a shower and remove the blood from his body, putting his clothes in a bucket with water.

    "That's at least four Presdigitations. What a mess!", he says looking to his clothes but then just shrugs. That will be problem for Future's Camus as Tonight's Camus had too much champagne and adventure tonight. It was actually kinda fun.

    Laying on his bed he watch Thing crawling to his side. "Champagne, huh?"
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    That heavy flail looked dangerous... but perhaps the madman was more so, Ilvan realizes as the man-turned-beast stands unscathed from the weapon's spray. Kalir had slain dragons! And this creature just took it like a child's slap and retaliated.

    A nightmare and an ally was a more familiar situation, as the Helguard continues the task that had once been his- trying to bring the beast down.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show


    Thank you for the screenshot link, that's much easier!

    1.) Swift action, guided strike (Attacks overcome DR this round)
    2.) Free action, boots of speed, round 9/10
    3.) Full attack


    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Silver arrows

    Haste: (1d20+32)[44]
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+36)[52]
    Damage: (1d8)[1] + (1d6+10)[12] nonlethal + (1d6)[1] acid = 13 nonlethal, 1 acid

    Attack 1: (1d20+32)[34]
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+36)[43]
    Damage: (1d8)[6] + (1d6+10)[16] nonlethal + (1d6)[2] acid = 22 nonlethal, 2 acid

    Attack 2: (1d20+27)[39]
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+31)[50]
    Damage: (1d8)[8] + (1d6+10)[11] nonlethal + (1d6)[2] acid = 19 nonlethal, 2 acid

    Attack 3: (1d20+22)[31]
    Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+26)[39]
    Damage: (1d8)[3] + (1d6+10)[11] nonlethal + (1d6)[4] acid = 14 nonlethal, 4 acid





    Spoiler: Math
    Show
    HP= 36/160

    Attack: 20base +2 bracers, +1 magic, +1 weapon focus, +4 eternal training, +1 haste, +3 stance =+32/27/22

    Damage: +1d6 merciful, +1d6 acid, +1 bracers, +1 magic +4 eternal training, +1 haste, +3 stance= +10
    arrows are silver again.
    Still in blood in the water stance, effects apply upon a critical, but expire if ten rounds elapse since the last critical.
    Blood in the water is +3, 9 rounds remaining until expiration.

    -4 to all attack and damage rolls if Gascoigne does not count as an animal.
    Out of range of Gascoigne's fear aura.

    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2018-12-15 at 01:06 AM.
    Spoiler: Currently Playing...
    Show


    Rowan Mata, healer and annoying little brother

    Tybalt, ship's rat

    Vern, who'll win back his fortune any day now....

    Spoiler: Playing in Games on Hiatus...
    Show

    Natasha Polzin, Ascended NPC and Roguebuckler extraordinaire

    Laurel Cascara, who has a cat now. (and it's better than Freya)

    Ilvan Selma , retired Helguard


  20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Ilven: Dragons are supposed to be the most dangerous creatures in the world and that raptoran took two down with ease...

    And yet, this mad man turned Beast has utterly ignored every single strike from his flail. Hell, even the acid sprays don't even harm him, but that thing is definitely putting the hurt on the Royal guard. Ferocious and untamed, frothing with rage and bloodlust, it has no problems tearing Oedon's Tomb apart and anyone standing in it.

    You cannot abandon Kalir to die alone. As a Helguard, you have to put that threat down and as the arrows fly and strike the beast's back, it roars in pain. You may not be causing him to bleed much, but the volleys never stopped coming and even a body such as his has to give in sooner or later...

    And by the gods, let it be soon.

    Map



    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Gascoigne Beast
    Ilven
    Kalir



    @Camus: Daun flew away and Inquisitor Gregory has decided to check Cathedral Ward.

    As an arcanist, wizards have a kind of mixed feelings when it comes to faith. A god answers the call of his devout parishioners and imbues them with a sliver of his or her power, allowing them to perform miracles. Much like what Gregory did to that beast earlier.

    But there is a caveat with priests like him- they are beholden to their god. Some might say shackled, even. Pray to a deity whose face one has never seen, blindly follow its tenets... and hope they answer graciously and sympathetically. Of course, there's the issue of a priest using the "wrong" spell and losing every single ability to cast, turning them into more than just a man in heavy armor or fancy church robes... and nothing more.

    Not so for someone like you. When it comes to The Arcane, ethics exist, but they are far more relaxed than if you were raised at a convent. There are no limits to what a wizard can do. This, of course, has not gone unnoticed by the City as a whole. The day wizards at Runestone decided to take over the City... well, best not to think about that scenario.

    There is a reason why The Academy is always very careful about who they admit. Mighty wizards walk the hallowed halls of Runestone and some, like the Grand Masters, wield extraordinary power. Some say enough to level Halmathan entire with a flick of their wrist.

    And whether they are able to do that or not, it's never happened because Ethics come into play. Great power and however that adage goes.

    All those thoughts course through your mind as you land on campus, bereft of anyone at this late hour as a few lights can be seen on the adjacent buildings around The Tower of Magi- some students must be burning the midnight lamp, oblivious to what you just witnessed.

    And what did you witness? Teleportation mishap aside, this has been a very strange night. Something in the air... that you can't exactly put your finger on. But right now, you need rest.

    And once in your room, you look up to Amarille's portrait and raise a glass in her honor, but not before checking your robes, drenched in sea water and blood... and this was the good robe. The one for galas.

    And once finished cleaning up, you lay down in bed with Thing curling up by your legs.

    Champagne... what a silly name.


    @Daun: You mother will probably wonder why you didn't stay here tonight, but that should hardly be a surprise for her at this point.

    Donning your druidic trappings, you leave the fancy wet clothes on the bed, for the maid to clean up in the morning and take one last look at the wedding dress before leaping off the window and adopting the form of a raven and fly away...

    At this late hour and with so much fog, it's impossible that anyone would be seen on any rooftop. You do hear snoring coming from some homes below you as your black wings take you almost half way towards Glenndale Park, past the closed gate and into your little grove... or as little as it can be, given that you share it with T'nauri, whose as big as a cottage.

    The park is quiet, with the occasional hoot from some distant owl and the fog seeping through the branches as you approach your grove and see some... light?

    You didn't light a fire before leaving. That would be reckless. No, not smoke. A light spell that shines through the canopy as a woman's laughter can be heard and T'nauri's soft roar follows suit.

    Is he... chuckling?

    Landing on a nearby branch, you watch your companion laying down on the grove, munching on some leaves and a petite woman seated crosse legged on the floor with a pair of old worn sandals left at the grove's edge:



    She places her hand on T'nauri's beak and closes her eyes as she laughs again and so does your dino...

    But who is she? And why is she here?
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-15 at 07:46 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Daun alights on a sturdy branch and quietly shifts back to her natural form. At first seeing someone in her grove at this time of night agitated her, especially after the night's events. But T'nauri seemed to enjoy her company. Apparently she was even communicating with him, so she was no ordinary friend of the natural world. From the branch she sits on, Daun calls out in a cordial, albeit slightly weary tone: it's late and she's still bears some large cuts from the beast's assault.

    "Hello there. T'nauri seems to like you, and that's enough for me to call you friend. What brings you here?"
    The greatest gift one can give is that of laughter.

    I will be away from 7/13 to 7/21 with spotty cell connection. Posting will probably slow during this time.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Gregory walks up to the gate, trying to spot anyone past it, without much luck. "Hello? Where is everyone?" he calls, then tries to open the gate.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Of course a beast like that is skilled with pouncing. Another slashing like that and I'm done for. Need to get space and put this fight back on my terms.

    Kalir batters at the last of the incoming attacks, then takes to the skies to get some space. "Sir Ilven, get yourself to high ground so it can't reach you easily. I need a potion or two."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Wall of Blades vs the last attack. (1d20+21)[22]

    If the beast has reach it would stop 10' from me on the charge right?

    Withdraw movement: 5' up and diagonally back SW for two squares then the rest of the way straight up (60'). If the second square is threatened then tumble at full speed DC 25 (1d20+20)[39] (-2 aura)

    82/238hp +19 if WoB is successful
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Daun: Well, who is that?

    Resuming your human form, you walk into your grove as T' nauri immediately smells your scent and wags its massive tail, causing the woman to stand up immediately and look around, narrowly avoiding your pet's massive wag as she looks at her sandals on the grove's edge and then gives you a courteous bow.

    "That is his name? I misunderstood it for Toonari...hehehehee! I must've made myself look like a fool to him all this time in his eyes, and he never let me know. Is this your home? I am sorry for intruding. I was looking for the Lady Silvarel and simply wandered off and caught sight of him, getting distracted.

    Such a beautiful creature. You raised him? Druids never cease to amaze me. Yet another reason why I came seeking for The Lady of the Resting Meadows...""

    The woman walks towards the edge of the grove and puts on her old worn sandals while looking up at you.

    "That is one nasty scratch. I am sorry for what happened...must not have been pleasant.""


    @Gregory: The gate is shut tight.

    Normally, there would be watchmen on patrol. That is customary. Cathedral Ward, like many other districts and buildings, usually close after a certain hour, but they usually have someone to answer for anyone coming in. Even at this late hour.

    And upon your demands for anybody to show up, the sound of heavy footsteps can be heard amidst the fog as a tall individual walks towards the gate:


    Church Doctors.

    You have heard of these guys. They are exclusively found in Cathedral Ward, where they patrol the streets and bring aid and solace to any so afflicted, in true perpetuation of the Healing Church's tenets and beliefs. These guys are seldom if ever seen beyond the gates of Cathedral Ward, working exclusively within its massive confines. As tall as you- and maybe a foot or so more- these devoted officers of the Healing Church are not known to be big on words, unlike the Healing Ministers which are found around Halmathan.

    The tall man stops a few feet from the gate and aims its cane at you, pointing out the obvious- that it is closed...

    And then turns its back on you and walks away.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Kalir: This thing is no joke.

    Wading in blindly will get you killed. Not only is it fast, but each claw packs a lethal punch. You need to capitalize on the fact that Oedon's Tomb does not have a ceiling and so, you propel yourself upwards, using the debris caused by the beast's destruction to gain some much needed altitude.

    He doesn't fly, but he's fast. You need to take him down just as quickly. One false move, and it's over...



    Round 3


    @Ilven: Kalir managed to get airborne. Good.

    Now, all you need is to find some upper ground and...

    and it is at that moment that the beast sniffs the air and turns its blind gaze towards you as it gets nearly on all fours and leaps towards you, destroying the gravestones in the process as his massive frame envelops you and raising a single bloody claw, it strikes with bestial strength, enough to send you flying back!

    Spoiler: Awesome Blow
    Show
    30 damage. Reflex DC 30 or be sent flying back 10ft. and prone





    Map



    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Beast Gascoigne
    Ilven
    Kalir
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-16 at 02:23 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Kalir had a variety of magic potions to aid him in this fight. The problem was if he spent the time on them the helguard would probably be dead by then. Back into the fray!

    "Use this chance to get out of there!"

    The raptoran put himself into a fast dive and upon reaching the beast he again swung multiple times with Thresher while also trying to trip up the creature.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diving Pouncing Charge. 40' flight speed plus extra speed from downward movement is plenty. Attacking from diagonally next to the beast, 15' up. Using Tumble to get into reach.
    Tumble DC25 (1d20+20)[35] (-2 aura).

    Thresher1: (1d20+19)[27] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+22)[41] (+INT to crit, -2 Aura)
    damage: (1d10+7)[12] + (1d6)[3] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[15] + (1d6)[5] Electric (-2 aura) + Prismatic Spray effect (6d8)[8][3][6][3][2][7](29)

    Thresher2: (1d20+14)[32] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+17)[23] (+INT to crit, -2 Aura)
    damage: (1d10+7)[15] + (1d6)[2] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[12] + (1d6)[5] Electric (-2 aura) + Prismatic Spray effect (6d8)[3][2][3][4][7][8](27)

    Trip attack: (1d20+9)[17] (-2 aura, touch attack)
    STR check: (1d20+13)[31] (+6 Str, +4 Imp Trip, +5 Belt, -2 aura)

    Improved Trip attack: (1d20+14)[29] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+17)[26] (+INT to crit, -2 Aura)
    damage: (1d10+7)[10] + (1d6)[2] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[9] + (1d6)[5] Electric (-2 aura) + Prismatic Spray effect (6d8)[1][5][2][7][4][2](21)

    Spoiler: Prismatic Spray on crit
    Show

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prismaticSpray.htm
    5d8 rolled in case of an 8 or too many 8s. DC 20 for all.
    1 Red 20 points fire damage (Reflex half)
    2 Orange 40 points acid damage (Reflex half)
    3 Yellow 80 points electricity damage (Reflex half)
    4 Green Poison (Kills; Fortitude partial, take 1d6 points of Con damage instead)
    5 Blue Turned to stone (Fortitude negates)
    6 Indigo Insane, as insanity spell (Will negates)
    7 Violet Sent to another plane (Will negates)
    8 Struck by two rays; roll twice more, ignoring any “8” results.

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    DR 3/- (3 used)
    Displacement 20%
    +5 STR checks
    +4 saves vs fear
    Immune to blinded or dazzled
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Hearing the Air: Blindsense 30' and +5 Listen

    Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncany Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncany Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

    HP: 82/238
    AC: 21 Touch: 14 FF: 17
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    The swing slams Ilvan into the wall in a rain of shattered gravestones and moss and he crumples to the ground, struggling for breath. It's tempting to stay there against the cold stone's comfort, the raptoran could finish the fight and let him rest.

    Then there's an order- he's good at following those, and so he staggers to his feet.



    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Wow, fast to post before I got here. (Can't see the map on mobile, for whatever reason, had to get to the laptop.)

    Being pushed 10' puts Ilvan in C19, up against the wall, 15' away from the Reverend, yes?

    HP = 6/160

    1.) Move action: get up
    2.) free action, boots of haste, last charge
    3.)Move, 60' south to... F28?
    8 rounds remaining of blood in the water, for completeness' sake.



    [/SPOILER]
    Spoiler: Currently Playing...
    Show


    Rowan Mata, healer and annoying little brother

    Tybalt, ship's rat

    Vern, who'll win back his fortune any day now....

    Spoiler: Playing in Games on Hiatus...
    Show

    Natasha Polzin, Ascended NPC and Roguebuckler extraordinaire

    Laurel Cascara, who has a cat now. (and it's better than Freya)

    Ilvan Selma , retired Helguard


  28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    @Ilven: Perhaps remaining retired would've been a good idea.

    You have fought in many skirmishes before. Against all manner of opponents. But this guy... he's on a different league entirely. It seems to get stronger the more you strike him. If he manages to escape Oedon's Tomb, the death count will number by the dozens. Maybe even hundreds.

    And as your body gets thrown against a tombstone and every single bone in your body cries in agony, you spit some blood on the ground and watch Kalir engage the beast.

    Hopefully he can keep him busy, as sparks fly and the beast roars in the raptoran's direction as you wince and get up, running as far away from this monster. The effect of your boots is rapidly fading, as you nearly trip on some debris left by the beast's warpath and look at the battle from a good distance.


    @Kalir: Ilven may be a Helguard.

    But truth be told, they are retired for a reason. Their time is way past. The heroes of Old earned lofty praise for their actions out in the field. Many have opted to cease their training, live a simpler life. Not put their life on the line.

    That's why the Royal Guard exists- Championing those ideals placed by Captain Ludwig, your Order is here to maintain just that. Halmathan has enjoyed peace for a long time. And by Kord...

    It will continue!

    Thresher strikes the beast as many times as you possibly can swing. A flurry of metal and lightning, not unlike an Angel descending from the Heavens to Smite some accursed infidel.

    And as sparks and blood fly all over, the immense beast takes each swing with punishing stride. Who knows what made him, but you are sending him back to it!

    And although his robust beastly legs do not allow you to trip him, it's hurt...

    Very much so, as it exhales deeply and blood drips from his entire body, but is he down? No... not yet.


    Round 4

    @Kalir: The beast roars right in your face and its right claw glows with a blood red aura as it head butts you right on the forehead, causing you to become dazed for a split second...

    Enough for the beast to plunge its claw and rip your inside in a fountain of blood!

    Spoiler: Visceral Claw
    Show
    41 damage. Fortitude DC 21 or be dazed for 1 round


    Where is he getting such strength????

    And whether you are able to withstand the pain or not, the Beast drops you behind and leaps further away, badly hurt, but not ready to abandon his initial prey.

    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    vs Gascoigne if Kalir isn't dazed


    Map



    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Beast Gascoigne
    Ilven
    Kalir (if not dazed)
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-12-17 at 10:47 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Kalir

    The now Royal Guard had dealt with beasts who were as fearsome, but he had more allies with him. This beast was different in trying to get clear of them for some reason. Didn't matter, couldn't let this thing escape. Even with the headbutt he just suffered he had to finish it off. Death was near for all three of them, but who would fall first?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    41 damage. Fortitude DC 21 or be dazed for 1 round
    Fort (1d20+15)[22]

    AoO if Save made. I'm AFB so not sure this is possible, but I want to use a maneuver (Emerald Razor) on the AoO to make it a touch attack.

    Thresher: (1d20+19)[21] crit: (on 16+): (1d20+22)[40] (-2 aura) Touch attack?
    damage: (1d10+7)[11] + (1d6)[3] Electric (-2 aura)
    crit: (1d10+7)[11] + (1d6)[5] Electric + Prismatic Spray effect (6d8)[4][6][7][3][7][1](28) (-2 aura)

    Spoiler: Prismatic Spray on crit
    Show

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prismaticSpray.htm
    5d8 rolled in case of an 8 or too many 8s. DC 20 for all.
    1 Red 20 points fire damage (Reflex half)
    2 Orange 40 points acid damage (Reflex half)
    3 Yellow 80 points electricity damage (Reflex half)
    4 Green Poison (Kills; Fortitude partial, take 1d6 points of Con damage instead)
    5 Blue Turned to stone (Fortitude negates)
    6 Indigo Insane, as insanity spell (Will negates)
    7 Violet Sent to another plane (Will negates)
    8 Struck by two rays; roll twice more, ignoring any “8” results.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    DR 3/-
    Displacement 20%
    +5 STR checks
    +4 saves vs fear
    Immune to blinded or dazzled
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Hearing the Air: Blindsense 30' and +5 Listen

    Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncany Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncany Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

    HP: 44/238
    AC: 21 FF: 17 Touch: 14

    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

    Daun chuckles and pats T'nauri's forhead.

    "Ah, he doesn't judge too quickly, I wouldn't worry." She steps closer into the Light.

    "Oh that, eh, it's nothing," she says, trying to play down her injury. T'nauri gives her a sniff, then a look. Daun rolls her eyes and says to him, "Yes, there was a fight. I'm fine. I'll tell you about it later." He doesn't stop giving her the look until somewhat exasperated she says in druidic. "Really T'nauri. I'm fine."

    She turns her attention back to their visitor. "He's certainly an eye catcher. We kind of raised each other, but yeah. Lady Silvarel is away for some time, unfortunately. Maybe I can help if you need her for something immediate? I'm Daun, by the way. You've already met T'nauri. And you are..?"
    The greatest gift one can give is that of laughter.

    I will be away from 7/13 to 7/21 with spotty cell connection. Posting will probably slow during this time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •