New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

sigh Re: 2019 OOTS Magic Item Calendar, Holiday Ornament, and New T-Shirts!

I miss the round ornaments.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 2019 OOTS Magic Item Calendar, Holiday Ornament, and New T-Shirts!

I know this is a busy time of the year - and I am not looking to pester / stress you - was wondering if you had been able to arrange anything to allow us to order the older Calendar PDFs (bundle or even individual).

My thanks - in advance!
    Last edited by JustinKase; 2018-12-06 at 08:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hi Rich,

I ordered the holiday ornament, as I do every year and honestly didn't pay much attention to the order other than "Ornament? Yes. Buy!" However, when it arrived I noticed that the design has the year 2019 on it. Then I went back to cafe press and double-checked, and the image does in fact show the image with the year 2019 on it, even though your preview image in this thread shows 2018.

Might bear looking into.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Rich,

Will there ever be a Law mug/shirt/etc. like the ones you did for Good, Chaos, Evil and Neutral? I do apologize if I'm stepping on any toes by asking this.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh Lord, somebody said "The_Weirdo" three times into a mirror again, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Weirdo... I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how an 'alliance' works.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Soo this might be an odd question.
    But is it possible to acquire the 2018 version of the calendar?
    A digital or a printed version :)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by theorclord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinKase View Post
    By any chance, will there be a PDF bundle of Calendars of Years past? Would love to round out the whole collection :)
    Yeah, I'll see what I can do.
    It is possible.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

7. - Top - End - #37
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JustinKase View Post
    I know this is a busy time of the year - and I am not looking to pester / stress you - was wondering if you had been able to arrange anything to allow us to order the older Calendar PDFs (bundle or even individual).

My thanks - in advance!
    Whoops, I forgot about this. They're up now; you can buy last year's calendar or the previous four (2014-2017) as a bundle, all at 30% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_Druid View Post
    However, I’d like to inform you that the “2014 OOTSCalendar DigitalEdition v1.pdf” ’s back cover is that of the “2015_OOTSCalendar_DigitalEdition_v1.pdf” one. Would you, please, send me / make available the correct back cover / calendar?
    This is now live, too. Just go to the page with the calendar bundle here and you should be able to re-download the files, with the 2014 correction. If that doesn't work, log in and check your Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrupper View Post
    Hi Rich,

I ordered the holiday ornament, as I do every year and honestly didn't pay much attention to the order other than "Ornament? Yes. Buy!" However, when it arrived I noticed that the design has the year 2019 on it. Then I went back to cafe press and double-checked, and the image does in fact show the image with the year 2019 on it, even though your preview image in this thread shows 2018.

Might bear looking into.
    Oof. Yeah. That's not good.

This is entirely my fault, it looks like. I originally set it to 2019 because my brain was frazzled and I had just finished working on the calendar, which uses the upcoming year's date. At some point, I noticed the problem and fixed it...and then promptly made the actual ornament from the wrong file. The preview picture here was the right file, but not indicative of what I'd given CafePress.

The upshot is, this is my error not their's. But it's an error on everyone's, and due to the way CafePress works, I can't send everyone fixed versions even if I was willing and able to absorb the cost—they just don't have an option for "send everyone who ordered this item another one." So rather than fix it and have two different versions floating around with different years, I'll just leave it as-is and maybe starting next year I'll put 2020 on it. Turn it into a New Year's Ornament. There's already a gap for 2012's battle ornament anyway.

Anyway, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by theorclord View Post
    Every year, I think about it, and every year, I realize I don't have any characters that represent Law without being more Good or Evil than Lawful. The most hardcore Lawful character in the strip is probably Malack, but he's so definitely Evil that it would change the meaning of the shirt. Same goes for Tarquin or Gontor or, on the other side, Celia or Durkon. After that, you've got, what, Jones & Rodriguez? Eh.

At some point, I'll either have a new LN character or maybe I'll think of an angle on an existing Lawful character that doesn't get overshadowed by their Good/Evil axis. Until then, it'll have to wait.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

8. - Top - End - #38

Oh! I almost forgot why I came here in the first place:

The physical calendars are running about two days behind schedule but they're on the truck heading to Ookoodook right now. They should arrive tomorrow, and shipping notifications could start as early as tomorrow night and go through the weekend.

EDIT: There are also approximately 135 physical calendars that are not already spoken-for, so it's almost certainly going to sell out this year, probably before Christmas. If you want one, you should place your order now.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Every year, I think about it, and every year, I realize I don't have any characters that represent Law without being more Good or Evil than Lawful. The most hardcore Lawful character in the strip is probably Malack, but he's so definitely Evil that it would change the meaning of the shirt. Same goes for Tarquin or Gontor or, on the other side, Celia or Durkon. After that, you've got, what, Jones & Rodriguez? Eh.

At some point, I'll either have a new LN character or maybe I'll think of an angle on an existing Lawful character that doesn't get overshadowed by their Good/Evil axis. Until then, it'll have to wait.
    If I may be so bold, might I suggest the dwarven lesser deity (or his Cleric representing him, anyways) that's holding up the godsmoot and risking dooming the world over his oath?
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh Lord, somebody said "The_Weirdo" three times into a mirror again, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Weirdo... I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how an 'alliance' works.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh! I almost forgot why I came here in the first place:
    Don't feel bad, it happens to me, too!

The physical calendars are running about two days behind schedule but they're on the truck heading to Ookoodook right now. They should arrive tomorrow, and shipping notifications could start as early as tomorrow night and go through the weekend.

EDIT: There are also approximately 135 physical calendars that are not already spoken-for, so it's almost certainly going to sell out this year, probably before Christmas. If you want one, you should place your order now.
    Woo hoo! Glad I got my order in early! I can hardly wait!

Thanks, Rich!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #41

Whoops, I forgot about this. They're up now; you can buy last year's calendar or the previous four (2014-2017) as a bundle, all at 30% off.
    By popular demand :D

Thank you for posting these - I picked up the whole lot (and eagerly awaiting the 2019).

To echo Durkon's sentiments, you are the best ;)

12. - Top - End - #42

Just another update:

Everyone should be getting shipping emails today-ish, with the calendars hitting the mail before the end of business in Houston (where Ookoodook is). You can now download your PDF calendars if you pre-ordered, and if you want to buy a PDF you can download it immediately.

Also, there's about 50 paper calendars left before we sell out, so if you still want that and were waiting for whatever reason, now's the time.
    Rich Burlew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

In April, what's the black spot on the side of Xykon's skull?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beautiful and amusing. As good as the other calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    In April, what's the black spot on the side of Xykon's skull?
    An ear hole perhaps?
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    An ear hole perhaps?
    He doesn't have it in the strip or the smaller panel below, though. Do skulls have ear holes?

16. - Top - End - #46

He doesn't have it in the strip or the smaller panel below, though. Do skulls have ear holes?
    The large picture may just show more details. And yes, they do.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

17. - Top - End - #47

Very nice calendar (again, I couldn't wait and looked at every month) - I especially liked the Sphere of Annihilation and the Gauntlets of Ogre Strength.

18. - Top - End - #48

O-Chul continues to radiate awesomeness. All is as it should be.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Has anyone getting physical copies gotten their shipping notification yet? I haven't seen anything. :( Once again made the mistake this year of forgetting to separate out the preorder from all the other stuff I wanted to buy, so the whole order is waiting on the calendar, which may be part of the delay...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mazlynn View Post
    Has anyone getting physical copies gotten their shipping notification yet?
    I have already received the shipping notification.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I got my shipping notification, but USPS tracking still says "pre-shipment".

Wasn't it last year that a box of calendars were left somewhere and never actually delivered to USPS?
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

I received my shipping information email yesterday. Still in the "pre-shipment" phase.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

23. - Top - End - #53

Last year I got mine before the tracker moved off of 'pre-shipment', apparently because the software can't keep up this time of year.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I got my notification yesterday. Shipping label says it is in transit and should arrive by Monday!

Peelee’s Lotsey

25. - Top - End - #55

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Last year I got mine before the tracker moved off of 'pre-shipment', apparently because the software can't keep up this time of year.
    If they are presorted by zip-code they may not be individually scanned where dropped off but thrown together into the appropriate long-distance bin. Might not get scanned until they need more specific routing at a downstream facility.

26. - Top - End - #56

Ookoodook sold out of the printed calendar at some point during the day today, so it's now PDF or nothing if you still want it.
    Rich Burlew

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Is there any chance for a second print run, or is my only recourse the digital version? Thanks!
    Avi by spectralphoenix

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

“Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us, come because actually deserve them? So now I take comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the Universe”
    -Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Sprainogre View Post
    Is there any chance for a second print run, or is my only recourse the digital version? Thanks!
    Digital only, most likely. Calendars are incredibly time-specific items, and without even knowing the scales required, Id bet that a second print would result in a lot of unsold stock that would at best sell only at heavily discounted rates well into 2019 and beyond, and at worst be a reminder of why not to second print calendars.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-12-21 at 11:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Digital only, most likely. Calendars are incredibly time-specific items, and without even knowing the scales required, Id bet that a second print would result in a lot of unsold stock that would at best sell only at heavily discounted rates well into 2019 and beyond, and at worst be a reminder of why not to second print calendars.
    Given the lead times for these things (and the fact we're in a holiday period), it might even be the case that a second print run wouldn't produce anything until well into the New Year!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

gaddang i want some of those baby shirts for my niece and nephew.

but combined that's $44, and in Canadian money that's $60. I don't think i can afford that
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show