New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

'House whisky please, leave the bottle if you would. It'll spare us both a lot of effort.' Reggy already has money tightly held in his hands and his friendly smile seems a little thin as he waits with clear impatience.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Skydog takes his last final bite of the peach, cleaving soft flesh as a trickle of sweet juice runs into his beard. He tosses the pit in a trashcan behind the bar, before pulling up an unlabeled fifth with amber liquid in it. Skydog hands the bottle to Reggy with a grin and says, "Cheers brother. House bourbon." The bottle is half full, but it should still be plenty.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

“I don’t really remember how we met. I seem to recall just opening up my door one morning and walking out into a house with the rest of them. Which made about as much sense as anything else.”

Sebastian hastily drains one cup before refilling another.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy shot a cautious look at Tom as he poured out a healthy measure for everyone at the table, despite any protestations 'Tom spent a looong time in Arcadia, he needed more help adjusting to life outside. Imere needed somewhere to lay low for a while, big misunderstanding, largely not her fault. As for me, I always need more friends. You can never have enough.' He raised his glass and downed it in one 'To friendship, new friends and old. Cheers!'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At some point Tom and Imere had picked up straw colored beers, served in thick pint glasses. The beers are frothy and cold, appetizing on a warm October afternoon.

The group clink glasses. Tom drains his quickly, but Imere takes a few gulps before putting her mug down. She turns to Songbird and asks, "Do you still have that Ipod? Do you think Kitsune dropped it when she was... fleeing whatever it was she was fleeing?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Cheers!" Songbird raised his glass before taking a drink, before Imere got his attention.

"Ah-... I was hoping we could talk about Kit. Where did you leave her? You sure she's safe?" The avian changeling retrieves the iPod. "And yeah, here's the thing. It's her music player-... Think it's out of battery, though. She might have dropped it-... Or maybe left it for me to find. Don't suppose you have a charger for one of these things?"

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

When songbird asks about the charger Reggy nods his head toward Imere. Reggy promptly refreshed each glass as soon as it emptied. To those who haven't drunk he prods their glass toward them with an elegant finger and gives a meaningful look. 'We left her with Annie the Black Widow, don't let the name worry you. She seemed happy enough that she'd be safe there
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I'd like to check in on her at some point. Make sure whatever she was running from didn't catch up to her-... Plus, I've got something I want to talk to her about." Songbird said, spending a few moments in thought before taking another drink. "By the way-... Is there anything I'd need to do to officially join your little motley crew? Assuming you'll have me, of course."
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-08-12 at 11:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #519

Beholder

“I don’t trust those nonsense gadgets. They’ll be gone in a few years and then where will all your music be? Raining out of those clouds, that’s where. As far as joining...I guess you did help us deal with some pretty big problems. I don’t object.”

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Imere sighs, as if she is about to deliver bad news, before grinning and saying, "I suppose we can have you around. Though I'm not sure there's much room for you in our apartment."

Tom just gives Songbird a deferential head nod as if giving his vote of approval.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

'Then it's unanimous,' said Reggy happily. Once again lifting his glass he smiles and says 'Welcome aboard. Cheers!'
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Music raining from the clouds-... Sounds like a fun time to me!" Songbird smirked at Sebastian, before going silent while he listened to the others discuss the possibility of his joining.

"Ah, I don't need to take up any space; already have my own. It's just-... It's nice to be a part of a group, y'know? And you guys can come 'round my place whenever you want." The avian changeling smiled at that, raising his glass and taking a drink when Reggy called for cheers. "So-... What are our plans going forward?"

13. - Top - End - #523

Beholder

“That’s a very good question. If the thing that’s keeping peace here is at the expense of innocents that seems a little...bad. We need to know more. Part of what I think needs doing is to approach the Autumn Court and ask about Halloween. If it’s within their season, they should know. But...I could be biased.”

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Imere shrugs at Sebastian's words, frowning slightly. "Do you really think anyone at the top will cop to this," she asks dryly, "so far anyone whose known anything has been pretty tight lipped about all this, and Pengrove made it sound like a conspiracy that goes to the top of the Freeholds, if not just the Courts." She sighs, then takes another gulp of beer. Placing the sweating glass down, Imere grins and says, "I think our best bet is to go back to Kitsune... maybe not finding her if she doesn't want to be found, but SHE IS the one who started all this. She found something out that scared her half to death. She was fleeing from something or someone when she crashed through our mirror. If we can figure out what she was doing before all that, we may have a good lead."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

'Capital proposal Imere.' said Reggy, the delicious burn of alcohol already fraying the edges of his comportment, leading to an upper class English accent and manner of speech leaking out as his words become slightly slurred 'I could do with a new suit, you can never have enough, what say we pay a visit to Mistress Annie tomorrow?'
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"OOh," says Big Tom excitedly, his armor clacking as he lifts his mug up for a swig of beer, "will you buy me one too?" There is childlike excitement in the big knight's eyes as he studies Reggy expectantly.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird listened while the others talked, occasionally taking a drink, feeling it starting to get to him.

"Do you think the Autumn Court would know anything? I mean-... If you think so. If it's safe." He paused at that, looking over to the clock to check the time, before taking another drink "Just wanna' see Kit again, myself. M'pretty tired, but-... Maybe we should go tonight?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

By the way, ST, I can't remember if you said this at any point, so I thought I should ask. What's the date in-game? Sometime in October, naturally, but would it be before or after the Night Revellers hold their election? Speaking of which, who is the current Domino?

Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-08-15 at 06:58 AM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Imere folds her arms across her chest and says flatly, "I think we should assume we can't trust anyone in power here."

Spoiler: OOC: Long winded answer
    Show

It is now the night of October 2, so before the 10/20 election for the Night Reveler Freehold. To be clear, in regards to the conversation about "Autumn Court", there are multiple Freeholds in New Orleans. Not all Freeholds have Courts based on the seasons, the Night Revelers being a prime example of this. The only Freehold with an Autumn Court is the Lagniappe Tribunal, the aristocratic elite of the New Orleans Changeling society. Sebastian is a member of the Autumn Court of the Lagniappe, and I believe the only motley member of the Tribunal.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy makes a show of looking Tom up and down 'I suspect yours will cost a little more than mine Tom, but yes, I shall.' His smile disappears as he adds 'And Imere's right, until we know better everyone in power could be in on the conspiracy.'
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Yeah-... Probably right about the Autumn thing." Songbird took a moment to think, before leaning back in his chair a bit. "So-... Want to play a game? Never Have I Ever? Somethin' like that?"

"... Unless you guys think we should call it a day."

Show

Heh, it would be interesting if Songbird were able to become the Domino before Halloween. I may have him throw his hat in to that ring, when the time comes.
    On another note, what time is it in-game?

Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-08-16 at 08:56 AM.

21. - Top - End - #531

Beholder

“I do think the spider may have some more information. That might not be a bad place to start.”

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Interlude: Reggie

It wasn't till Reggie and the Motley were departing the bar, that he saw the missed call, voice message, and text messages from Dr. Joline Sholas, the head of the Charity Hospital patient's foundation (which was a essentially a fancy and obtuse name for the fundraising committee). The text message made things sound urgent, and so Reggie quickly departed from his companions, and caught a cab to the hospital, a trip that would take him as far west as the city limits. Fortunately, by the time Reggie arrived at the monolithic Charity Hospital, his buzz had subsided... at least a little.

So now Reggie sat in the cramped office of Dr. Sholas as the doctor wipes sweat from her brow. The office was windowless, painted a bright green and cluttered with shelves, cluttered with medical text books. Her desk was little more than a landscape of scattered papers. Dr. Sholas looked sleep deprived, her eyes more red than white, her dark curls were a frizzy mess and her brow was covered in a layer of sweat. "Thank you for coming so quickly," she said in an exhausted voice that still would have made a jazz singer jealous, "I just got out of a meeting with the CMO. As you know, the plan was to have our annual Harvest Gala at the end of the month, and even though it is one of our most successful fundraisers of the year, the geniuses above have decided that at the last freaking minute they are going to halve our funding." Dr. Sholas seemed to be trembling with anger which she focused when she took her gold rimmed glasses from her brow, to clean them. Eyes focused on her task, Dr. Sholas says, "Now we don't have enough money for the band we hired, probably not enough for the caterers either. I'm not sure what the heck we are going to do, but we have to start planning NOW."

Reggie had known Dr. Sholas a long time, he had even wondered if there may be some romantic chemistry between them. It was not the first time he had seen her so stressed out about planning an event, but these were certainly dire circumstances that not even Glamour could easily fix. She had a nervous, expectant look on her face as she looked at Reggie, waiting for him to throw forth some fundraiser-saving plans.

Interlude: Songbird

Songbird returned to the bar when the others departed. They had to catch the trolley downtown to get home, he just had to walk back around the corner. Skydog grinned at him, and readied another round.

But that was when the kids came in. A group of four students, maybe Freshmen in college if Songbird was being generous, out of towners or maybe transplants to Tulane at best; they were all noise and bluster as they rushed into the near empty bar, sitting themselves down at the far end of the bar. Skydog rolled his eyes, a secret exchange between him and Songbird, before sauntering down the bar to attend to his newest guests.

The four were busy making excuses for their missing I.D.s, justifying why they all looked so young. But one, a girl suddenly seemed to be unapologetically fixated on Songbird, studying him with something like stunned confusion. She had hair that had likely once been bright green, but now as a faded chlorine color, and a nose stud that said, I'm sick of being treated like a kid! and pale skin. In a strange way, she reminded Songbird of a young Kitsune, or who Kitsune might have been if she hadn't been run through the washer-dryer of Arcadia.

When it became obvious that the girl saw him, seeing her, studying him her cheeks turned a deep purple and she quickly looked away. This facade quickly faded and within a moment the girl was back to studying Songbird, this time less self-consciously. Finally steeling herself, the girl hopped off her bar stool and strode over to Songbird. Skydog called after her, as she hadn't yet shown him her ID, but she didn't seem to hear it. "I'm sorry to bother you," the girl blurts out, her face again flush red, "I don't mean to bother you, but you look a lot like a famous singer I used to listen to." She pauses for a moment, as if waiting for Songbird to explain, but then begins again before he can, "Have you ever heard of the Rusted Cage, had a lead singer called Ripper F who looks exactly like you! You wouldn't happen to be Ripper F, would you?"

Songbird has never heard of Ripper F, nor the band Rusted Cage, though the latter sounded suspiciously like Songbird's old band The Gilded Cage. The other kids were now looking up, to see what their friend was making so much fuss was about. Songbird could feel the eyes of the teenagers studying him with focused curiosity.

Interlude: Sebastian

When the motley departed, Reggie excused himself having to attend to 'hospital business', before hopping into a cab. The others wanted to go home, but after everything that had happened, Sebastian knew he needed to be alone and not even his secret library was privacy enough. Instead, Sebastian returned to Cafe Dumond, and seated himself down at a small table as the sun was going down. Phuong was gone, but that was probably for the best.

Sebastian just needed to clear his head, and there was no better meditation than working on some crosswords. Within fifteen minutes, Sebastian was lost in mental bliss. It was another thirty minutes before he was interrupted. The chair across the table from Sebastian was pulled back with the screech of metal on pavement, and a tall fair figure seated himself down.

The Changeling before Sebastian was none other than the Autumn King of the Leaden Mirror of the Lagniappe Freehold. Jack O'Lantern was a mirror skin whose face was different every time he was seen. Today it was a fair and fine jawed man with dark blue eyes and auburn hair, but his Mein was always the same screaming bare skull with black pits for eyes. The King's presence was punctuated by a sudden gust of cold fall air, and suddenly customers nearby were moving anxiously to escape the cafe. "We need to talk," Jack of Many Faces says sternly, his cold blue eyes and black orbits fixing Sebastian, and somewhere within the wizened's brain is the laughter of a thousand leering jack o'lanterns. He folds his arms across his chest and says, "It has come to my attention that you and your motley have come under investigation." He pauses to study Sebastian's reaction, a stern mask spread across his mask of a face. "You understand that your behavior's as a member of the Tribune reflect on our reputation, and we cannot afford to have a stain on our court as we move closer to Halloween."

Interlude: Tom

With the others departing, Tom and Imere are left to head back to their home together. The two got about two blocks down Bourbon Street, when Imere turns to Big Tom and says with a grin, "I don't mean to abandon you big fellow, but if its okay with you I think I'm going to ditch you too." She doesn't even wait for Tom to reply, gives him a wink, before turning to depart down an alley towards the neighborhood known as the Treme (due West).

Tom is left with little more to do than shrug and continue on his way, ignoring the sudden pang of loneliness in his heart. Tom was a Snowskin, despite being of the Summer Court, and loneliness was one of his closest friends. Humans shift out of Big Tom's way as he walks down the street, some going so far as to cross to the opposite sidewalk.

But Tom only gets about four blocks down Bourbon, before his cellphone buzzes. It's a text message from Imere, and in all caps reads "HELP!!!"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird glanced over at the girl who was so fixated on him, wondering at her resemblance to Kitsune. Was this her Fetch? She didn't look like a Fetch, but he didn't really know what a Fetch was supposed to look like. Before he knew it, she was coming over to talk to him.

"Oh, I-..." The avian changeling opened his mouth to speak after she mentioned his resemblance to an old famous singer, but was interrupted by her mention of the Rusted Cage and Ripper F. Wait-... What? Rusted Cage? Ripper F!? Was this the work of his own Fetch?

Ripper F-... Really? That's what he was calling himself? The grace, the immaculate style, the timeless aesthetic of the Gilded Cage Ensemble-... Replaced with what exactly? He needed to know more. He wasn't sure how to feel-... Maybe the alcohol was getting to him?

"I get that a lot-... The whole 'you look like a famous-... Famous guy' thing. But it wasn't-... It wasn't always the 'Rusted Cage', was it?" Songbird took a drink, pushing him into the realm of true drunkenness, before offering a disarming smile to the girl who might have been Kitsune's Fetch. "Ripper F-... Jack Fontenot, right? He still singin'?"

Show

Any Condition or Tilt to represent Drunkenness, here?

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

With great, wide hands stuffed into the pockets of his faded coat, Tom nodded mutely as Imere flashed a wink in his direction and scampered off. The Ogre tried not to let it bother him; he’d spent so many uncounted years alone. Tracking. Hunting. Killing. It wasn’t until he’d found himself with this eclectic batch of Changelings that he started to feel like being around people again. But, it seemed like once he let someone through that glacial façade it was harder to remember why the solitude was preferable.

He paid little attention to the scurrying of those who sought to remove themselves from his path. He was intimidating, after all.

The buzzing of his cellphone pulled him from his reverie, having allowed his mind to wander the twisted mental byways of Arcadian memories. He gingerly plucked the phone from his pocket, dwarfed by his massive hands and he tapped on the screen gently to open his messages.

Help? That wasn’t ominous at all.

Turning back with surprising adroitness for his size, Tom began a loping run. He did his best avoid bowling any humans over in his haste to get to the last known area Imere was supposed to be wandering in.

He didn’t stop to send a reply on his phone. Tom wasn’t sure the other Changeling would have been able to respond, even if he did.

And he wasn’t that far away.

But even as he turned into the same alley Imere had skittered down when they parted, the Ogre was already reaching into his heavy jacket to rest a hand comfortingly on the weathered grip of his hedgespun blade.

As he approached where he thought Imere would be, he let out a loud bellow.

”IMERE!” It was booming, and deep, like the slow inevitable weight of the arctic ice grinding through the ages.

Show

Has Tom ever been to the Treme before? Is it a…rougher…neighborhood?

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy was his usual affable self, slightly chiding her with warmth and affection, seemingly without a care in the world. He politely ignored her anger and fatigue and continued as if they did not exist. 'My dear Doctor there must be a hundred others things you could be doing for the hospital that are a hundred times more important than plan this frivolity and stupidity. That's why you keep me around.' His customary grin grew into a wide self abasing smile 'I'm an expert on the stupid and frivolous, having dedicated a large part of my life to being exactly that.' A pause and a short, shy glance into her eyes 'Although of course I very much appreciate your counsel.

He did indeed have a soft spot for Joline, he had been raised to believe women should be seen and not heard and, ideally, not practically educated (Which is to say highly educated in subjects of no practical use, his adolescence abounded with elegant ladies who could quote the Bible or the entire works of Homer and Bryon from memory but had no idea how toread a map or lace their shoes). Having rejected his old life entirely it was entirely logical, maybe even natural, that his tastes would change to women of intelligence, fortitude and power, all qualities Joline Sholas possessed in no small quantity. For all that he had made no advance over the years, content to admire and to enjoy her company from a relative distance.

'Cancel the band, met another one a few weeks ago. Better and cheaper.' This strictly speaking was not true, Jeremiah Ruffins and his Revelers were unlikely to come cheap, but he was confident he could work something out with fellow Changelings, or at least partly pay them out of his own pocket if necessary. He was confident they would earn their keep well enough, wherever it came from 'The caterers are a more substantial problem, we can't do without them and for an event of this size there's not many corners we can cut that won't look shabby.' He produced a little black book from his breast pocket and started going through it 'I need to make a few calls to City Hall. May I have a pen please?' It was probably too late to start calling today, but a list of names and numbers always helped him focus, helped him plan his campaign ready for the following morning.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-08-23 at 02:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The girl looks at Songbird with a mix of confusion, and perhaps a little bit of pity. "I'm sorry sir," she says hesitantly, "I didn't mean to bother you." She turns, as if to rejoin her friends, ignoring Songbird's question, but something gets the better of her. She replies, "I mean, I don't know what Ripper F did before. The Rusted Cage was a really popular band when I was like a little kid. My big brother used to listen to them all the time, so I got really into them. I think they are still playing... though I don't think they are that popular anymore."

She pauses for a moment longer, before asking with a shrug, "Do you want to see a picture of him... I mean, you look just like Ripper F!"

Show
    I'd say the best condition would be Distracterd on page 336, which gives a -2 to all rolls requiring perception and concentration. The drugged tilt only gives combat modifiers, which I think makes less sense here... plus it won't give you a beat. Also, to be clear, the girl is reminiscent of Kitsune, in the at she is young, innocent looking, and has green hair... but I don't think anyone would confuse her for Kitsune or her fetch... though I suppose being very drunk could change that.

************************************************** *************************

Tom turns around and bounds back up Bourbon street. He was already big enough to draw the attention of passersby on his own, but now that he was running at full speed, he was turning necks like a five car pileup. The sun was just setting, and the streets were already becoming clotted with tourists carrying big plastic glasses shaped like palm trees or grenades, filled with concoctions of rum and sugar and slushed ice. Some less discrete individuals even stopped and pointed at Tom as he ran back the way he came.

Show
    Tom is familiar with the Treme. Though its not his home neighborhood, he has probably been there a good number of times, and this part of New Orleans is fortunately relatively grid patterned. He knows that it is overall a "bad neighborhood", though probably not dangerous till the sun is down and the streets are a little less busy... plus, who would tangle with Big Tom?

Anyways, to try to track down Imere, please give me a Int/Wits + Streetwise +2 roll.

************************************************** *************************

Reggy was his usual affable self, slightly chiding her with warmth and affection, seemingly without a care in the world. He politely ignored her anger and fatigue and continued as if they did not exist. 'My dear Doctor there must be a hundred others things you could be doing for the hospital that are a hundred times more important than plan this frivolity and stupidity. That's why you keep me around.' His customary grin grew into a wide self abasing smile 'I'm an expert on the stupid and frivolous, having dedicated a large part of my life to being exactly that.' A pause and a short, shy glance into her eyes 'Although of course I very much appreciate your counsel.
    Dr. Sholas smiles despite herself at Reggy's words, even chuckles just a little. "Don't sell yourself short Reggie, or the importance of this Gala for that matter. You know as well as I how important these fundraisers are to keeping the Hospital afloat. We are just barely in the black, and the mayor is still pushing hard to shutting Charity Hospital down. I can't imagine what will happen to this city if they close us down. Over two thirds of this city is on Medicaid, or has no insurance, and we are the only hospital that will still cover them!" This speech has clearly worked Joline up again, and she takes a moment after finishing to catch her breath.

When Reggie mentions having a solution for the band, a visible relief flows through the doctor, the muscles of her face and neck relaxing. "I appreciate your help Reggie," she says warmly, a handsome smile spreading across her face. She was not beautiful in the classic sense; she did not look like some twenty year old, 100 pound starlet, but there was a weathered grace to Dr. Sholas' smile. She was elegant, regal, like a lioness, poised and powerful. She hands Reggie the pen, before asking, "Do you think we can figure something out for the caterers as well?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537

Beholder

Sebastian looked across as the chair screeched and he practically fell out of his own seat at the sound interrupting his work. Failing falling, he clutched onto his work and the table, as if afraid the fall might still come. He regarded the figure with deference and, frankly, anxiety. He was a member of this group not because he wanted to socialize with others but because he was sort of “absorbed.” This was however a king.

He tried to keep his expression passive, but he was nervous by nature. “W-why are we being investigated? We...or...me?”

In this place specifically, he wasn’t sure which of his “indiscretions” the King was talking about - the larger events with Kitsune or his near-Reaving of the punk in the Cafe. Either could probably have brought attention.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom came to a stop with a growl of annoyance, his black gaze shifting to and fro across the uniform streets, easily looking overtop of the various pedestrians. The ogre imagined the streets were moss-covered cobblestones and the buildigns were vast, snarly brambles and thorns. In his minds eye, he let his mind wander ancient memories of the hunt. Dragons. Hobgoblins. Beasts. Men. Women.

Changelings.

Those thoughts were always painful, but it had hopefully done the trick.

Show

Wits 2 + Streetwise 2 + 2
    (6d10)[4][7][8][5][5][9](38)

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

29. - Top - End - #539
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird sighed a little, seeing that he might have insulted the girl a little with his outburst.

"Sorry, it's just-... It's just I used to-... Used to-..." He paused at that, not entirely sure what he was going to say. He wondered for a moment if he might have guessed wrongly about Ripper F being his Fetch, but he quickly pushed the thought from his mind - why else would this sound so familiar? Then again, it wouldn't be the first time his mind betrayed him today.

"A picture-... Yeah. Can I see?" The avian changeling finally answered.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Jack O'Lantern stares hard at Sebastian. His human mask remains placid and emotionless, but it seems like the human skull below takes on a malicious leer, dark sockets glowing with a low inner fire. "Typhon said he had introduced himself to your motley, was that not true?" he asks coldly. He crosses his arms over his chest, and leans back in his chair expectantly.

(OOC: As per my OOC thread post, please give me a manipulation + empathy roll to try to get a sense for what The Autumn King is talking about)

Tom pauses a the crossing where he and Imere parted. Looking down the street that she had taken, Tom sees no immediate sign of his Fairest companion. But then he gets a whiff of Glamour. It smells angry and burnt, like a plastic that has been set on fire. The air is stale, not even the slightest gust of wind, but the scent is faint, and Tom knows whomever he is chasing has a lead on him.

Tom sets off after Imere, using the scent to guide him. He runs up one street, stopping at the intersection to re-catch the scent, only to bolt down another street, moving as fast as his massive frame and armor will allow Tom. The scent gets stronger and stronger, easier to follow till Tom finds himself stopped in a back alley between a corner store and a bar. The narrow corridor is filled with bags of garbage that appear to have been uncollected for months. The scent is awful and mixes with the odor of the spent Glamour.

But something is wrong about this alleyway. There is no clear path in this dead end; no fire-escape to climb, no fence to vault over, and even stranger, neither the bar, nor the corner store appear to have a door that leads to this alley. What could have happened here?

Songbird's behavior is clearly making the girl uncomfortable. She leans back from the drunken Changeling, concern lining her face. "Sure," she says uncomfortably, quickly pulling her phone from her pocket. The others in the bar are now also watching the scene with concern. Skydog has started making his way towards Songbird and the girl, his bright blue eyes hardening under bushy blond eyebrows.

After a moment of tapping away on her smart phone, a device that is nothing more than a black rectangle with a black mirror, the girl holds up a picture for Songbird to see. The font under the picture says "Ripper F". The man in the picture is Jack Fontanot about five years younger than Songbird is now; same clear blue eyes, same pale skin and wiry frame, same multicolored hair. It isn't a similar look, its the same person; though of course its not Songbird. The man is on a stage, dancing as he sings and poses, his band (a rock group) clearly in the moment. Unlike Songbird, the man is dressed in all tight ripped denim, a vest open to expose addict skinny abs.

The same moment of unreality takes over Songbird again. Who was this man? How could he look exactly like Jack Fontanot? Was Songbird really Jack Fontanot, or did Songbird just remember being someone he never was???

Songbird can feel the world sinking around him, fading as he watches far off as the girl studies him with concern and confusion. "Are you okay?" she manages in a squeak of a voice.

(OOC: So this will be a one dice breaking point for being exposed to your Fetch for the first time)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-08-25 at 09:18 AM.
    Show