New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

Songbird didn't quite seem to realise how uncomfortable he was making the girl. He just wanted to know more. He wanted to see what had happened to his image - to his life.

The avian changeling couldn't help but stare when the girl opened the image on her smart-phone. He wasn't quite sure what he expected-... Certainly not for it to effect him quite as much as it did. Everything suddenly felt unreal - with the weight of the day's insanity bearing down on him.

"I'm-... Fine." Jack Fontenot - was that really his name? - forced a smile and stood up, before staggering off to the bathroom. "Just-... Gimme-... Gimme a moment."

It didn't make sense. Nothing did anymore. He thought back to Catoire's doubts regarding the truth of his claims. He thought back to the horned Darkling who he mistook Arthur Pengrove for-... If he couldn't trust his mind then, could he ever trust it? He remembered the echoing laughter of his Keeper as he kicked his way into the restroom, desperately charging forward to look at himself in the mirror.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Minor thing, Benno. Songbird's multicoloured hair wasn't a thing before his Durance; I consider it the way that the Mask filters through his multicoloured feathers, if that makes sense. Like a little 'flaw' in the Mask.
    Of course, that doesn't mean the Fetch couldn't have dyed his own hair.

(1d10)[5]

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Let's say the photo is black and white, so while it's hard to distinguish haircolor, it certainly looks like you)

The moment of doubting his sanity passes for Songbird. The man in the photo was no Songbird. Songbird had once been a man name Jack Fontenot, of that he was sure; and no matter what, the True Fae could never take that away from him! Songbird had heard of Keepers leaving Fetches behind in replacement for a captured mortal; doppelgangers made of Arcadian refuse, meant to limit suspicions regarding missing persons. Perhaps this Ripper F was Songbird's Fetch. Was that possible? Songbird wasn't sure, but he now knew two things; the first was that he would never let his Keeper make him doubt his sanity like this AGAIN, and the second was that he needed to know more about this Ripper F.

A morbid curiosity was taking hold of Songbird, and the focus of this curiosity was helping to sober him up a little!

Show
    Okay. Songbird passes his Breaking point and takes no Clarity. I am going to give you a beat now for getting one step closer to meeting your Fetch. I am also going to make a proposal to the group in the OOC thread, which will earn you and others more beats. This scene is not over though, so lets continue.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom turned full-circle, taking in every book and cranny of the alley with a grimace of distaste. There may not have been an avenue of escape here in the mundane world. But the Hedge grew unimpeded and Arcadia was only a metaphorical hop, skip and jump away.

Again, the ogre allowed himself to peer past the veil into the glamorous world beyond the mask. Even as he did so, he drew the hedgespun blade from its resting place and held it firmly in hand.

Where had Imere gone?

Show

Wits 2 + Composure 3
    (5d10)[5][6][10][2][3](26)

Last edited by Erulasto; 2019-08-26 at 02:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird stared into his reflection, taking in the appearance of his feathers, but remembering the man underneath. It helped centre him, helped to assure him of his identity and keep his mind from slipping out of his control. He briefly considered using the portal to reach Catoire's house, but stopped when he remembered what had happened when he used it earlier in the day-... Probably wasn't the best idea to confuse the old man, anyway.

The avian changeling took a few moments to wash his face and slicked back the feathers on his head, before making his way out of the restroom. He tried to ignore the kids and their reactions to his outburst, instead motioning for Skydog's attention and taking a seat as far away from them as he could manage.

"So, Sky-... You know anythin' about this Ripper F?"

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom stands in the alley, trying his best to take the area in. The smell of Glamour is stronger here. It's not just the smell of the Changeling who clearly left it behind (assuming it was another Changeling), someone had called on the Wyrd here to hide a door; Tom was certain of this. If only there was a way to find this concealed exit!

When Songbird comes back from the bathroom, the group of (probable) teenagers have collected their beers and huddled themselves in the far corner. They look up from their drinks to give Songbird furtive glances and whisper among themselves. One of the girls even giggles uncomfortably as Songbird makes his way back to the bar.

Skydog is studying the Beast with an intelligent concern that was normally concealed behind the man's country casual demeanor. Even before Songbird can speak, the bartender asks, "You okay there man. You look a little pale."

"So, Sky-... You know anythin' about this Ripper F?"
    Skydog nods his head in the affirmative, but says, "Not really man. That's not really my kinda rock n' roll if you dig it. Rusted Cage was bad Pop-Hair Metal targeted at the teenyboppers. Not much better than a one hit wonder. Ripper F was mostly famous for getting too high to stand during performances, and puking on supermodels." He pauses for a long moment, hesitant to let the words pass his lips. Then finally giving in, Skydog leans in and whispers, "But he is a good match for you... if you catch my drift." Skydog chances a glance over at the teenagers, who are no longer paying mind to the two old coots at the bar.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

With the quixotic scent of Glamour permeating the air, Tom huffed a heavy sigh.

All things eventually fled back into the Hedge. For as treacherous and terrible as the place was, it also offered a measure of security to those who knew its twisty and winding paths. Still, there wasn't any sign of anything that could have chased Imere in. Had she been abducted into the Hedge? That wasn't a comforting thought.

But he wasn't about to leave one of his..friends...alone when they needed him.

Tightening his hand around the ephemeral pommel of his blood-slick hedge-spun sword, he leveled the point against the wall and thought back to the old words that would part the veil and allow him to pass beyond mortal ken.

Show

I don't think there is a roll involved, but it costs one Glamour to open a portal.

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I'm-... I'm okay. Might've had too much-... Too much." Songbird sighed a little as the other changeling explains what he knew of Ripper F. Pop Hair-Metal targeted at teenyboppers? He couldn't help but feel-... Disappointed at his Fetch's choice of genre, but he recognised in the bartender's description of the double's drug-troubles an echo of the past he left behind. He wondered if he might have ended up falling prey to similar circumstances, had he not been taken. Maybe his abduction was for the best? No-... He couldn't stand to think that for more than a single moment.

"I'll-... I'll have to listen to it, sometime." The avian changeling perked up somewhat, offering a coy smirk to Skydog. "In the meantime-... Y'think I'm sober enough to show these kids what real music sounds like?"
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-08-27 at 01:44 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy made an uncertain noise at the back of his throat. He had already negotiated the caterers down to what he had felt was a reasonable price, unfairly reasonable if the protestations of the vendor were genuine and not an admirable over-dedication to the stagecraft of the haggle. That however was an agreement brokered by Reggy the man, Reggy the Changling was likely capable of securing far better terms 'It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a word with them.' Reggy said airily, already wondering if he would have to dreamwalk or try something less subtle 'Remind them of their consciences and all that.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom is suddenly hit by a hot gust of air that rushes down the alley way, kicking up a cloud of dirt and causing the plastic trash bags to rustle noisily.

To Tom's right, one of the walls pulls back, almost caving in on itself to reveal a metal service door in the back of the bar. The surface is covered in spray paint, yellow and white tags and cartoon phallic symbols. Someone had clearly used Glamour to hide this door.

Skydog's grin is pure warmth, and he chuckles a little at the question. "Shucks," he says in that slow southern drawl, "I'm not sure if kids like them would know real music if it got up and hit them in the face."

He chuckles again, and this time, his Mantle flares just a little; the sound of long slide guitar hitting a lick. Songbird had almost forgotten that Skydog was a member of the same Court; The Chorus, and rumor had it had once been a famous guitarist before he was taken. He didn't perform much anymore as far as Songbird was aware, and Songbird had never actually seen him play.

Dr. Sholas raises a surprised eyebrow as she leans in towards Reggie, resting an elbow on her table. "You think you could get our current caterers to lower their price?" she asks with a hungry smile. The lean forward reveals just the slightest hint of her chest, though Reggie isn't sure if this is purposeful or not. She adds, "That would be amazing!"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #550
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Well, at least it was a relief that Jack was not referring to what he personally had done. Of course, not as great was that when confronted with authority, Sebastian tended to talk. At length. Which he hoped wouldn’t hang him.

“Well I don’t know exactly what I’m meant to have done! I wasn’t even there when that person came into our home. I only found out about it after the fact. What exactly was he *doing* there? I mean...I know the rest of them are all reprobates but they certainly wouldn’t do anything *dangerous*”

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Scowling, Tom turns towards the now-revealed doorway.

Such chicaenery. Such deception. Such was the way of the Lost.

It galled him to no end.

Approaching the door, the Ogre made an attempt to open it.

And no lock would stop him if the way was barred.

Show

If the door is locked, then I'm making the check now to force it open. If it isn't locked, then please disregard.

I think it's strength plus athletics? I'm separating them into two sections just in case it's a pure strength test. I really can't recall off the top of my head. Hehe

Strength 4 + Athletics 3

(4d10)[9][3][4][7](23) + (3d10)[1][4][10](15)

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Heh, worth a try either way-... Wanna make it a duet?" Songbird smirked a little at that, the cello and piano of his own Mantle rising to a greater volume as he retrieved his guitar from where he had laid it down earlier. "You wanna choose the song? Preferably one I'd know."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy suddenly felt far too hot, subconsciously he tugged at his collar. With his other hand he delicately covered his mouth to clear his throat, giving him a moment to gather his thoughts and collect his wits. Men never change he thought wryly to himself We get older, not wiser.
    Reverting back to type to disguise his unease he replied with a flourish 'Amazing is my middle name' said with a grin that was only half ironic 'But I make you no promises I cannot keep. I will let you know tomorrow, after I have spoken to them in person.' He had successfully steered his thoughts away from the carnal in a few (by his standard) words, however his next words would send such images tumbling unstoppable through his head. He set aside his list and pen and looked her dead in the eye, holding her gaze 'I'm far more dominate face-to-face.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-08-29 at 04:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Harvest King does not so much as raise an eyebrow at Sebastian's words, his face an impassive mask of judgement, possibly even a little bit of contempt. He studies The Wizened, seeming to chew over Sebastian's words.

(OOC: ER, please give me a Presence/Manipulation + Subterfuge -3 roll to try to convince Jack that Sebastian actually feels this way about the Motley, and that he knows nothing more about what happened in the house that night)

Tom tries the door, only to find the knob somehow stuck. It wasn't so much that the door was bolted, just that it had somehow become wedged in the frame; but this would be no problem for The Black Night.

Big Tom took a step back to give himself space, before lunging forward, one foot out to kick down the door. The force of Tom's blow causes the massive metal door to slam all the way open and slam against something hard and metal with a loud bang. The kick is so hard that it actually blows out one of the door's hinges, causing the metal rectangle to cant over, and the bottom corner to wedge itself into the ground so that the door stayed open.

Tom's momentum carries him forward into the smallest, dingiest kitchen. The tiles that were once white have been turned a sickly pale yellow from years of accumulated grease, and an overweight bald man in a dirty white smock (no shirt) and jeans, who was working a griddle, jumps back with his hands up. "Don't hurt me," he blubbers.

No sign of other Changelings.

(OOC: Technically the door should have been open, but I didn't want to take away such a good roll from you)

Skydog chuckles again before letting out a long, "Sheeeeeeet." He claps his hands together, and says, "I'm sorry man, but I haven't played in a long time." Winking at Songbird, he adds, "And I don't honestly know where my old Les Paul is anyways. But I'm happy to clap my hands and stomp my feet if you so desire."

Reggie's bold words, cause Dr. Sholas to smile again, her lips spreading wise to expose well manicured pearly whites. "I don't doubt it," she says coolly, allowing herself to recline back in her chair. Her hand goes to her necklace, fingers playing with the lacy gold chain. "You already have been amazing Reggie," she says still smiling, though her voice is now soft, almost cooing, "and your help is definitely appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, who are you thinking for the band; anyone I would have heard of?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

”Where is she?” Tom growled, taking a single step further in; the Hedgespun sword still held tightly in his massive fist.

The Ogre loomed over the blubbering man, black eyes narrowed with threatening intent.

”Speak and you will not be harmed….”

Show

Open or not, it was a show of force. Tom doesn’t do things half-way. Hehe

Also….

Presence 2 + Intimidate 4

(6d10)[4][8][5][3][9][1](30)

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh my god," the man blubbers, raising his hands above his head, which pulls the dirty white apron up to expose the bottom of his hairy round gut. He takes a stumbling step back away from Tom and says, "Who? I don't know who you are talking about? Where is who? Please don't hurt me!"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy mirrored her, relaxing into his own chair and idly stroking his goatee as she speaks. Then he airily waves his hand dismissively 'You know how artists are, so changeable even their names aren't permanent. I met them as Jeremiah Ruffins and the Revelers, personally I rather like the lack of adornment but if you find the name uninspiring don't worry, I was politely understating when I said they were merely "better".' Reggy fell silent for a few moments, studying her with rare intensity while trying not to stare too obviously. What sweet simple pleasure can arise from anticipation he thought. When he was a young man moments like this seemed an agony, torn between action and inaction, bravery and cowardliness, desiring with all one's heart to simply reach out yet risking the ruination of friendship if that reaching was unwelcome.
    Now he was old, and jaded, and these moments, once full of panic, were treasured for their rarity 'Thank you Joline, for what you said about me. It means a lot, particularly from you. Let me tell you something I wouldn't tell just anyone.'
    He leaned forward in his chair and dropped his voice 'If I'd never stumbled into the hospital I think I would have wasted my life doing something entirely meaningless and very enjoyable, hopping from one debauchery to the next until I finally had to admit to myself I'd gotten too old for all that, probably yeas after I actually had.' He smiled sadly 'I was certainly on course for that... But when you see it, you can't unsee it can you? You can't just walk away and go back to enjoying yourself. I couldn't anyway. I sometimes think that, in a strange way, the terrible inequality here saved me.' He gave her an imploring look 'Does that sound as terrible as I think it does?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Reggy mirrored her, relaxing into his own chair and idly stroking his goatee as she speaks. Then he airily waves his hand dismissively 'You know how artists are, so changeable even their names aren't permanent. I met them as Jeremiah Ruffins and the Revelers, personally I rather like the lack of adornment but if you find the name uninspiring don't worry, I was politely understating when I said they were merely "better".' Reggy fell silent for a few moments, studying her with rare intensity while trying not to stare too obviously. What sweet simple pleasure can arise from anticipation he thought. When he was a young man moments like this seemed an agony, torn between action and inaction, bravery and cowardliness, desiring with all one's heart to simply reach out yet risking the ruination of friendship if that reaching was unwelcome.
    Sholas nods her head and shrugs. "Never heard of them," she says flatly but without concern, "but they sound like a local band. Jazz or marching brass?" She is still smiling though, and if anything she seems satisfied with Reggie's idea, rather than displeased.

Now he was old, and jaded, and these moments, once full of panic, were treasured for their rarity 'Thank you Joline, for what you said about me. It means a lot, particularly from you. Let me tell you something I wouldn't tell just anyone.'
    He leaned forward in his chair and dropped his voice 'If I'd never stumbled into the hospital I think I would have wasted my life doing something entirely meaningless and very enjoyable, hopping from one debauchery to the next until I finally had to admit to myself I'd gotten too old for all that, probably yeas after I actually had.' He smiled sadly 'I was certainly on course for that... But when you see it, you can't unsee it can you? You can't just walk away and go back to enjoying yourself. I couldn't anyway. I sometimes think that, in a strange way, the terrible inequality here saved me.' He gave her an imploring look 'Does that sound as terrible as I think it does?
    Joline Sholas' round face turns somber for a second, perhaps a sadness turning her eyes dark and glassy. SHaking her head no, Dr. Sholas replies, "No, that is a common story here. The poverty in this city is terrible; it was even before Katrina, and I don't know if we'll ever recover from that disaster. We're over a decade out, and there's still abandoned houses from the flood." Reggie can see the woman beginning to work herself up again, her voice now quivering with a tempered anger. But she seems to catch herself, stopping to release a controlled breath before saying, "Anyways, I'm glad you were able to right your own ship. Your help has been incredible, and by helping to keep this hospital afloat, we can hopefully help others who haven't been as fortunate." Dr. Sholas smiles again at Reggie, though this time her eyes are still dark and glassy.

As if to "settle" things, Dr. Sholas gathers up a stack of papers and begins to align them by tapping the pile against her desk. "See what you can do Reggie, and do it as quickly as you can. Let me know the moment you have that band locked down, and don't go a dollar over budget. See what you can do about the caterers as well. I'll try to take care of the rest. Thank you."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

”Beautiful Korean girl. Bright eyes. Did she not come this way?” The Ogre growled out, looming over the terrified human. He knew this door had something to do with it, but if she had not passed physically through, then….had she stepped into the Hedge? Had she gone willingly to escape something or had she gone under duress?

Even as Tom awaits the answer, he scanned the small kitchen. There had to be a clue somewhere. If he could not discern where Imere had gone, perhaps another of his motley could? Though waiting for one to answer a call for aid would waste valuable time.

Show

Perception! Huzzah. Wits 2 + Composure 3

(5d10)[10][5][10][4][3](32)

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Suit yourself, man." Songbird picked himself up and started to tune his guitar. "Could always borrow mine, if you wanna jam some time-... But I guess I'll go solo, for now."

The avian changeling began to strum a simple tune, steadily growing more complicated as it went along, then imbued both of his instruments - his guitar and his voice - with glamour, before beginning to sing. It was an ethereal, strangely playful song that blended the music of the fae with pure humanity. Time seemed to stand still, making the performance seem to stretch on for a beautiful eternity.

Show

Let's spend some Glamour and test out that third dot of Enchanting Performance, shall we?

Expression 4 + Presence 4 + Music Specialty 1 + Mantle 2 - 2 for Drunkenness = 9 Dice. Rote Quality

Original: (9d10)[3][5][6][3][3][4][1][4][8](37)
    Rerolls: (9d10)[5][4][7][9][1][2][8][3][3](42)

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom quickly scans the room as the "chef" keeps blubbering. No sign of Imere or anything particularly Wyrd in the kitchen. In response to Tom's question, the man says shrilly, "I didn't see anyone man! No one came in. The door opened once, but no one came inside. I figured the wind just blew it or something. I swear it. Please please don't hurt me man."

************************************************** ***************************

(OOC: Songbird gets 3 successes, and spends 1 Glamour, now down to 6/10. With the successes, Songbird can choose a single person to gain the Inspired condition. Do you want to choose? I'm also gonna give Songbird a beat for working towards "becoming famous again". I'd also imagine Songbird could harvest some Glamour here.)

Songbird's playing quickly causes the youngsters to turn around, Glamour causing the guitar's music to fill the space. Songbird's voice is impossibly captivating, and the teenagers stare transfixed by the Changeling standing before them, one leg up on a bar stool to help prop up his guitar.

From the bar, Skydog watches, nodding his head approvingly in time with the music. He's grinning his big buffoonish grin as he watches and listens to Songbird.

When the song finishes, the group of kids immediately begin to applause. The young man even begins slamming his beer mug rhythmically down on the table to add to the applause.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-09-01 at 09:49 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Well-... Thank you for very much." Songbird grins and offers a bow, very pleased at the results-... He couldn't stand the looks of pity he had received earlier and this was a much needed boost to his mood. "The name's Songbird, spread it 'round. I'll be-... I'll be performing here every week."

"Let's see Ripper F do that!" The avian changeling chuckles as he returns to Skydog. "So-... A good enough performance to pay for those drinks?"

Spoiler
    Show

Three is an Exceptional Success for a Nightsinger. Assuming that applies here, I believe that means all the listeners get the condition. If not, I guess I'll give it to Skydog.

And yeah, I was considering taking the opportunity to harvest some Glamour, but I wasn't sure if it could be done alongside Enchanting Performance.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Songbird's swagger causes Skydog to lean back with laughter. When he finishes he leans across the bar to pat Songbird on the shoulder. "That was some damn fine playing man. I dig it." He grabs a frosted mug and fills it with amber colored beer from a nondescript tap. "Cheers man. Ya, drinks are on me." Skydog pushes the beer over to Songbird, not even bothering to put down a coaster or a napkin, and a small amount of frothy head sloshes out of the beer and onto the counter. Skydog raises an eyebrow in mock challenge and says, "But what was that about you playing here every week kid?"

(OOC: My bad. Then everyone gains the Inspired Condition. Yes, Songbird can harvest Glamour from emotions that he's created, classically, you'd make a roll specific to the act used to incite the emotion, or react to the emotion. Since you've already rolled for the performance to elicit a specific reaction, I will instead have you roll Composure + Empathy+ 1 for the prior exceptional success and +1 for Skill Specialty Emotion, and +1 for this being a court specific emotion... It makes perfect sense for a Nightsinger. So in other words, Composure + Empathy +3. Each success regains Songbird a point of Glamour.)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-09-02 at 09:19 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

For a sudden moment, The Harvest King's Mein shifts to that of an enraged demon's face, red and horned and filled with fury. The image passes, and again it is the cold eyeless Death's Head staring back at Sebastian. Jack O'Lantern leans forward, and though the sun had not set, the sky seems to darken suddenly, perhaps suddenly threatening a burst of rain. When The Harvest King speaks it is only in a whisper that is punctuated by a sudden hard gust of wind that whips dust and dry leaves up into the air. Somehow his low voice carries over the loud wind, though families at nearby tables at Cafe DuMonde begin to point at the grey sky and hurry to pay. "DO NOT LIE TO ME!" Jack says in a voice like a sharpened knife cutting through dry paper, "I may not keep strict tabs on the members of my Court, but I know enough of you to know about you and your Motley. That was very very stupid of you Sebastian Rivers."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

I'm still a little unclear on how dreamwalking works. I have the dream step contract, I think it allows me to enter someone's dream by sleeping, rather than finding the right place in the hedge?
    Would reggy be able to infiltrate the dreams of the catering contractor based on their limited interaction?

Reggy obeyed her silent command, at her signal the meeting is over he starts to pack away his things. However when he is ready to go he does not rise, his mouth opens and closes as he tries to find the right words, he wants to tell her that her passion is a constant source of inspiration, that he admired her strength and resistance, that he would never let her or the hospital down, that if everyone was like Joline Sholas there would be no need for men like Reggy Humphreys
    The silence stretches out until, awkwardly, he finally stands 'I am sorry, I did not mean to upset you.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-09-03 at 04:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dr. Sholas smiles at Reggie, a dark sad smile. "You did not offend me dear," she says warmly, still in her chair, "I guess the situation just has me a little frazzled is all."

Spoiler: OOC: Reply
    Show
    So normally there would be two ways of doing what you want. You can enter dreams either by first entering the Hedge, then searching the hedge for a gate into the dream realm. From the dream roads, you would then have to find the caterer's "dream bastion", enter that, then engage with the dream to get what you want. The benefit to this would be that Reggie would keep his actual body, but it will require a lot of searching in the Hedge, and going alone may be dangerous.

The second classic way would be fore Reggie to lucid dream. He would go to sleep, and then you would make a Resolve + Composure to essentially keep his wits about him and know that he was asleep, thereby being able to lucid dream. From there, Reggie would have to leave his dream, and travel the dream road above till he found the desired bastion. This would convert Reggie's stats into classic spirit stats, as his physical body would be in the "real world" as his projected consciousness travels the dream reality. This probably would be a bit safer, and require less rolling for Hedge navigation.

With the Dreamsteps contract, you have a third, less standard option. Reggie can actually track down the caterer while he sleeps, then very creepily he can place a hand on the sleeping caterer and after a contested roll go directly into the caterer's dream. This is the most direct way, though it requires Reggie finding the person where they live and doing a little bit of snooping.

I'd say given Reggie's limited interactions with the caterer in the past, all of these will be a bit difficult, just in different ways. I'm going to rule that Reggie doesn't know where the caterer lives, though he may know where their office/storefront is.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Sebastian starts to shiver but at least he is familiar with this territory - he is always afraid of something or another, deep inside or on the surface, and he wears that mantle. He hangs his head for a second in his hands then looks up. He was scared, that was for certain.

“What am I supposed to do? Some crazy person bursts through a mirror and what’s the first thing they do? ‘We have to hide her!’ Like we know she’s our friend or something. And where do we hide her? She has to go into my tower! I didn’t even want to do any part of it. Why did she even come to us? Who *is* she?”

Show

Sebastian actually is legitimately scared, now, too scared to lie. Anything he left out would reflect that fact, not that he’s trying to deceive this time.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Heh, if you're okay with it. Figured it was good for both of us." Songbird smirks a little at that, picking his empty glass from earlier. "I could get my name out there and your bar benefits from some free entertainment-... Also, more free drinks are always nice."

The avian changeling looks over to the people celebrating and circles a talon over the rim of the glass, whistling a little tune as he focused on taking just a taste of Glamour. After he's done, he lifts it to his beak and pantomimes taking a drink, though there's no actual physical liquid left in it.

"You dig it?"

Show

Rightio, Composure + Empathy + 3.

(7d10)[6][1][6][2][5][9][4](33)
    10-Again: (7d10)[3][6][3][10][5][1][1](29)

Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-09-03 at 12:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

This was not going to be as simple as Tom had hoped. He was seething with frustration, and while his outward mask seemed no different to the blubbering fool, one of the Lost would have seen the blazing heart inside his breast glowing all the more fiery and tempestuous.

"My apologies." Tom choked out. "My companion is in trouble. I had thought she came this way..." The Ogre turned to step back out into the alley, but paused upon the threshold.

"Did you hear anything?" He asked. "When the door opened. Anything at all?"

Show

Sorry for the delay. Kids ended up having friends over and I had to play the good host. Hehe

Tom wouldn't know any way of tracing Imere through the portaling, would he? That's one thing I'm still a touch iffy on, all in all.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy met her sad smile with his own 'Upset was the wrong word. Old habits, ignore feelings and understate everything, very English of me. I mean to say, delightful as your company always is, tonight you seem sad, angry and tired. The last I cannot help with, but the other two... I think of us as more than just colleagues now and, I'm told, I'm an excellent listener on the rare occasion I close my mouth. If you ever feel the need to talk, you have my number.'
    Spoiler
    Show