New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

Tom had never had the need to go to this Annie's shop - his clothes were simple. Functional. Still, it couldn't hurt to branch out somewhat.

The massive Ogre leaned against the wall, thick arms crossed over his chest as he watched the rest of the Motley prepare.

He had all he needed at the moment.

"I believe the lizard was named...Typhon. Something along those lines." He said to Kitsune.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kitsune looks dumbly at Tom, the name clearly not ringing a bell. "The Lizard?", she asks with confusion, "was it the... Tr... Gentry?"

(OOC: @Thanqol: I'd say it would be Presence + Computer or Presence + Expression, but with a negative modifier based on how quickly you want to assemble a flash mob out of nowhere. The sooner you want the flash mob to occur, probably the higher the penalty).
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy is holding back laughter when he replies to Imere 'That's a devil of a plan Imere. I like it.' The smile vanishes when Kitsune speaks, replaced by anger and fear written all over his face 'What?' his hisses in accusation 'You've brought the Gentry to our door?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Reggy is holding back laughter when he replies to Imere 'That's a devil of a plan Imere. I like it.'
    Imere smiled, saluted casually, and went over to her laptop.

She took a few minutes to get her own face right.

As far as painting in mutilation went, she was an artist. Many times she'd had to transform her face into a mess of blood and gore to impersonate one of her patients. To do that you needed to look directly at a lot of bodies to the point where you could notice the fine details of bruising, discolouration and the patterns of dried blood. A lot of zombie stuff made its way off being too shocking for people to notice the fine details but when you were dealing with magical faeries you didn't want to take chances. Call her a gorefectionist.

Her skin flowed like putty. Cuts opened like zips. She took all her elfin beauty and turned it into horror. Then she turned on the webcam.

"Hey, internet!" said StarPlan. "I told you last time that I was feeling a bit under the weather, but great news! My fever broke and I feel way better! But the catch is that I'm crazy hungry all of a sudden so I was thinking about going down to the mall to get something sweet and meaty. I know the bug's been going around, so if any of you have the munchies like I do consider this an open invite - meet at 8th and Dashund in thirty minutes and we'll make an evening of it."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Sebastian mumbled to himself.

“I do know that one. It’s a good clue. Four letters, writer and director of the Cornetto Trilogy...gives me two ‘G’s’ in a row.

He looks at the horrifying appearance Imere has donned.

“Is this really going to work?”

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    Sebastian mumbled to himself.

“I do know that one. It’s a good clue. Four letters, writer and director of the Cornetto Trilogy...gives me two ‘G’s’ in a row.

He looks at the horrifying appearance Imere has donned.

“Is this really going to work?”
    "Just sit back, let me pretty up your pretty face, and pretend you've got the worst hangover in the universe," said Imere, heading his way with zombification supplies. "Trust me, you'll be a natural,"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Moments after posting the on her favorite forum, including a pic of herself in "sexy zombie" attire (OOC: You used striking looks, right?), Imere was getting excited responses from local members. Despite the late hour, and short notice, it seemed that the local fans of Internet sensation Starplan were ready to rally for a flash mob!

Messages included, "Can't wait to see you in person Starplan!!!", "Lulz! I luv the idea. You can count on me!", and "FLAAAAAAASSSSSSSHHHHH MOOOOOOOOBBBBB! ZOOOOOOMMMMMBIIIIEEES!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I can't wait???)"

And then Imere set out to costume the four changelings in preparation for the flash mob.

(OOC: I'll give everyone a chance to post any last thoughts, and please describe if there is any specific equipment you are bringing.)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

The mention of the Gentry did not sit well with Tom. The hulking Ogre scowled, and made a mental note to keep an ear open for the tell-tale signs of the Keepers. He snatched a heavy surplus army jacket and pulled it over his gargantuan shoulders before tucking his blade up under it – thankful that mortals would simply see a nasty looking machete.

Still, it wouldn’t do to simply…carry it around openly. That way to trouble lay.

Tom knew he could be a bit…threatening…under the best of circumstances. Would it truly be a good idea to decorate him as the walking dead?

There was an unusual expression of apprehension on his face as he tried to decide if Imere was really going to pretty him up.

While he waits for the others to be ready, Tom finds a quiet place and works his way through several weapon drills with increasing complexity to prepare himself in case there is trouble to be found.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Tom has his sword, obviously.

The weapon drills are in prep for Tom’s contract: Vigilance of Ares (common). It costs 1 Glamour, reflexively, and automatically detects ambushes, hidden traps and surprise attacks. Plus grants a bonus to his Initiative rating equal to his Mantle (2). The weapon drill was an attempt to work the Loophole into play (Executed a martial exercise in this scene).

Just in case you’d like it to not be as simple as that, here’s a roll to see if the drill counts, maybe? Hehe

Strength 4 + Weaponry 4 (+2 Sword specialization)

(8d10)[2][3][10][4][2][1][6][5](33) + (2d10)[2][6](8)

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom walks down into the basement, the only place with enough open space to be safe to swing his sword without cutting up furniture or smashing a wall in.

Even still, the ceiling is low and Tom is forced to exclude overhead cuts from his drills. The others can hear shouts thunderous stomps from the basement as Tom works his way through his exercises.

(OOC: Contract has been activated, and 1 glamour spent, Tom is down to 8/10)

Finally, when the group has gathered their things, and Tom has been called up from the basement the four depart into the night. The air is suffocatingly humid after the rain, and smells heavily of crepe myrtle and lilacs, as well as ozone. The immediate neighborhood around the Motley's house is not well lit, and it is easy to feel exposed and vulnerable. But there is no ambush, nor sign of a tail, and as the group makes their way toward Magazine street, the area becomes better lit and less threatening. The streets of New Orleans are not yet empty, despite the late hour. Cars pass by lazily, and couples or small groups walk together with little regard for the divide between sidewalk and road. Pedestrians eye the group cautiously and give them a wide berth, even crossing the street to avoid the Changelings dressed like zombies.

And fortunately, it is only a few blocks till the group comes across the gathering crowd of cheerful cosplayers and dancers, all dressed like the dead! A young man maybe just short of 20 approaches the group. His face is painted green, and fake blood smears his tattered clothing. He comes rushing at Imere, and in a relatively high pitched and excited voice says, "Oh my god! Starplan??? Uh... Oh my god! So nice to meet you! It's really you, isn't it. Oh my god! I'm like, spazzing out! This is so cool! I'm so sorry!" Imere can see the boy blushing despite the makeup.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite the calm that seemed to have settled onto the streets as they picked their way along, Tom kept a wary eye open for any trouble. The drills in the basement had gotten his blood up, and he felt the burning of his summer heart flooding icy veins.

When the Motley finally came across the gathering of cheerful cosplayers, Tom blinked owlishly. It was a strange expression on his usually taciturn face.

”I…have…no words.” muttered Tom at length, and he scowled at the young man who approached Imere excitedly. Who was this little man?

Apparently a fan.

So Tom remained silent and looming, trying not to scare away someone that Imere may have actually wanted to see.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Not unlike Tom Reggy spent most of the journey keeping an eye on their surroundings. Unlike Tom he didn't make it obvious. He moved through the crowd with practised ease, constantly finding someone new he could compliment or introduce himself to, keeping up a steady stream of meaningless chatter as hooded eyes scanned the surroundings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The man-boy jumps back, apparently startled by the giant looming over him. "Oh, I'm sorry," he says stumbling over his words, "are you a friend of Starplan's? Another internet celebrity? I'm sorry if I haven't heard of you before." He looks sheepishly at Tom, the color having already drained from his face.

Around the group a massive mob of zombies had gathered. People were joking about Thriller, pouring each other drinks into red plastic cups, or complimenting each other on their zombie costumes. The gathering was surprisingly large and was still growing. Kitsune seemed a little overwhelmed and uncomfortable with the crowd, and it was not hard to see that she was anxious to leave and get to Annie's.

Nearby, Reggy was flitting through the crowd, not leaving the others out of eye sight, but straying as he socialized. It wasn't long before Reggy suddenly became aware of the twisted magical presence of another Changeling, who had joined the crowd in full zombie regalia. He was a thin and bespectacled figure, whose Mask showed patchy facial hair and a receding straw-colored hairline. It was hard to tell if he was 15 or 40. However, looking sideways, Reggy can see that the Changeling's skin is thin and leathery, cracking at the edges like yellowed parchment. Ink spots and numbers in various languages seem to appear and flow across the man's skin as if suddenly written into existence than scrubbed away. He gives Reggy an impish smile, and in a high pitched Texan drawl says, "Well howdy stranger!", before offering a hand to shake. The Changeling wasn't totally unfamiliar to Reggy, who was pretty certain this man was a member of the Tumbledown Market's Freehold, even if he couldn't place his name.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

”No.” said Tom, succinctly to the young man. He offered no explanation to him beyond that singular utterance. Instead, he simply continued to loom. Preferably on the periphery of the crowd, as he’d like to be able to keep a solid vantage over the growing crowd.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Does Tom see this newcomer Changeling?

Because, if he does, Tom will siddle up next to Kitsune. Just as a precaution.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

'Howdy' said Reggy happily, taking the proffered hand 'Welcome to the horde... I'm sorry I'm sure we're met before but I don't recall your name?'
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The parchment man grins and takes Reggy's hand in a firm shake. "I'm called Cal by most. Pleasure to meetcha'", the short wiry man says in that same cowboy drawl, "And you?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

'Reggy.' he smiles broadly back 'I think we may have crossed paths in Tumbledown. Are you a fan of Starplan? What brings you here?'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-01-21 at 08:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Pleasure to meet you Reggy", Cal says releasing his grip. In regards to Reggy's mention of the Tumbledown Market, the changeling nods his head and chuckles, "Yeah, I work as a notary at The Exchange. Maybe you've seen me there." He smiles impishly at Reggy and when asked about Starplan, Cal says enthusiastically, "Oh yeah! Her twitch stream is great... and I mean, I'll take any opportunity to do something like this. Halloween can't come soon enough!" Reggy got the sense that Cal and Sebastian might make fast friends.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Beholder

“I think I’ve seen you before, once or twice.”

Sebastian eyes Cal. On the surface of their Meins, they look rather similar, sharing the same graphical markings, though where Cal’s were numerical, his was text.

This parade was crazy, though it seemed to be having the desired effect. They were being noticed, but in exactly the way that they desired. Noticed for the wrong thing, rather than the right thing. It was like a magic trick, keeping the eye focused somewhere else.

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    And fortunately, it is only a few blocks till the group comes across the gathering crowd of cheerful cosplayers and dancers, all dressed like the dead! A young man maybe just short of 20 approaches the group. His face is painted green, and fake blood smears his tattered clothing. He comes rushing at Imere, and in a relatively high pitched and excited voice says, "Oh my god! Starplan??? Uh... Oh my god! So nice to meet you! It's really you, isn't it. Oh my god! I'm like, spazzing out! This is so cool! I'm so sorry!" Imere can see the boy blushing despite the makeup.
    "In any other venue or time, I would tell you: be chill," said StarPlan - because she was StarPlan now. The voice, the mannerisms, the style - she was on. Crackling. Making eye contact with every person who looked her way and giving her full attention to everyone around her. "But mere chill is for the living! Everyone here tonight got themselves dead and here in on zero notice to do something awesome! All those people over there walking the streets, looking at us - they might be breathing, but we all know which of us are truly alive! Hell yeah!"

She punched the sky.

With that big ol' water bottle full of Kitsune's blood.

Splashed it around a bit. A little unhygenic but she took care to avoid faces and hands.

Figured that spreading the blood around thirty warm bodies would f*ck with anyone looking to do any creepy blood tracking.

"To start this evening off I am thinking... arcade!" said StarPlan. "Any one of you shamblers who can take me down on the dance machine will get something special! Move out!"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-01-22 at 12:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    “I think I’ve seen you before, once or twice.”

Sebastian eyes Cal. On the surface of their Meins, they look rather similar, sharing the same graphical markings, though where Cal’s were numerical, his was text.

This parade was crazy, though it seemed to be having the desired effect. They were being noticed, but in exactly the way that they desired. Noticed for the wrong thing, rather than the right thing. It was like a magic trick, keeping the eye focused somewhere else.
    Cal grins as yet another Changeling introduces themselves. "Cal," he says in the same Texas drawl, extending a hand warmly to shake, "nice to meet ya."

But everyone in the mob goes silent when Imere, now Starplan, speaks up. To the others in the motley, the change of persona is noticeable, like the zombie costume has allowed Imere to transform into someone else completely. Her voice immediately silences the gathering, her audience greedily hanging on to every word.

"To start this evening off I am thinking... arcade!" said StarPlan. "Any one of you shamblers who can take me down on the dance machine will get something special! Move out!"
    When Imere finishes, there is a raucous cheer, and some excited clapping. The crowd of zombies begins moving down the road towards Magazine Street, many people shambling or with arms out doing their best Frankenstein's Monster impersonation. As the group proceeds, someone starts singing "Do Whatcha Wanna" (a marching song any respectable NOLA resident knew by heart) and the mob joins in in a sort of call and response jive. Despite the late hour, the procession is a riot. People hoot and hollar as they sing along. Bystanders stop and take pics with their cellphones, and a few even jump in. And to think no Glamour was even used to get this going.

Cal nods to Reggy and Sebastian, and the three join the procession.

As the group proceeds, the man-child (apparently not the best at picking up on social cues) sticks by Imere's side, his eyes repeatedly lingering on her in awe. About 2 minutes into the march, he taps Imere on the shoulder and blurts, "Uh, I'm Rich. I mean, my name is Richard, but I go by Rich... you know, not like I'm wealthy or something. I mean, I'm not poor either." The skin between his green makeup and his hairline is now cherry red.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-01-22 at 08:39 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

'Always nice to meet another actor Cal.' Reggy said with studied coolness 'Have you worked a fellow called Typhon before?'
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

As the group proceeds, the man-child (apparently not the best at picking up on social cues) sticks by Imere's side, his eyes repeatedly lingering on her in awe. About 2 minutes into the march, he taps Imere on the shoulder and blurts, "Uh, I'm Rich. I mean, my name is Richard, but I go by Rich... you know, not like I'm wealthy or something. I mean, I'm not poor either." The skin between his green makeup and his hairline is now cherry red.
    "Rich or poor, how are you on the dance floor?" said StarPlan, pointing at the arcade down the road.

She was fairly used to awkward fans. Her usual approach was to entirely disregard the awkwardness and focus on cool things that they could do. Give them a dare, give them a script, give them a chance to do something other than stumble over their words - she saw no value in pointless cruelty. She was the show, and if she didn't bring the show to the audience, the show wasn't nowhere.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The changeling who had introduced himself as "Cal" shakes his head in the negative. "I can't say I have," he says, offering Reggy a casual shrug. The trio begin to walk towards the arcade, a noisy and dark space filled with flashing neon lights and a cacophony of electronic sound effects. A bright electric sign over the building reads "Mystic Jim's Arcade". "I take it he's... one of us?" Cal asks.

Nearby Rich hangs onto every one of Imere's words. He nods his head enthusiastically in agreement. His tongue bumbling in his mouth, Rich offers, "So... ugh, you wanna play Dance Dance Revolution then? I mean, I'm not great at it, but I'd be soooo down."

Kitsune glowers at the other Changelings as they near the arcade. Behind her Mask, Kitsune's vulpine ears twitch anxiously.

(OOC: So is the group going into the Arcade now?)
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Beholder

In the midst of the crowd, Sebastian sidles over to Kitsune and reaches out to very quietly get her attention.

“How much farther until we get to where you need to be? I believe I understand the thrust of this plan. We should be ready to break apart as she leads the rest like the pied piper. We have to be getting close.”
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2019-01-28 at 03:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kitsune shrugs, a sulky pout playing upon her face. She points down the block to Magazine street and says, "I think it's just down on here and to the left. Not even a whole two blocks away." She looks down the well lit street, still slick with rain with longing, her noise pointed up as she takes a sniff at the midnight air.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

'One of us... Yes' says Reggy carefully. 'So he said. He certainly had the knack. I don't know anyone who's heard of him though. I'd like to check his references.'
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Nearby Rich hangs onto every one of Imere's words. He nods his head enthusiastically in agreement. His tongue bumbling in his mouth, Rich offers, "So... ugh, you wanna play Dance Dance Revolution then? I mean, I'm not great at it, but I'd be soooo down."
    "First round is against this guy!" announced Imere to the crowd. "After that... you," she picked someone out, "you have the greatest emergency zombie costume here, so you're round two. Next up, any patreons in the audience? You'll be three through six by which point I reckon I shall be danced out. Show me what you got!"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

All this talk of dancing did not sit entirely well with Tom. There was a time for frivolity, of course, and the Ogre could not deny just how excellent a distraction Imere’s methods were.

But he did not understand all of this, and the bright lights of the arcade seemed too close to the ephemeral luminous qualities that existed beyond the Hedge.

But, he had given his word that Kitsune would be safely taken to her destination. Which, fortunately, was very close.

”If we are to tarry here, I would be willing to escort the lady here the remainder of the way on my own.” Tom offered with a shrug of his immense shoulders.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Right outside the arcade, Carl shrugged at Reggy's suggestion. "Sorry buddy," he says warmly, "I've just never heard of him. He certainly isn't a member of the Tumble Down Market Freehold." An uncomfortable look spreads across his face and he adds, "I mean the only help I could offer would be to see if he's ever made a deal at the Exchange... but I'm totally not supposed to do that!" His voice is firm with this last part, as if to emphasize his morals.

Nearby, the crowd cheers and hoots at Imere's announcement, and people start swarming her to get next in line. The mob pushes Imere inside to begin the Dance Dance Revolution tournament, and she is surrounded by the warm love of excited revelers.

(OOC: I'm going to say Imere can harvest a point of Glamour from the excitement she's drummed up, and will update your character box with the added point... unless you don't want it. I have no idea what to roll for Dance Dance Revolution... Dex + Expression???)

Pushed inside the bar, Kitsune stands with Sebastian and Tom. When Tom makes his suggestion, the young lady throws her arm around the giant's massive arm, pressing her soft bosoms into his hard flesh. "Thank you Tom, thank you! That is so gallant of you.", she says hurriedly and then begins tugging on Tom's unmoving appendage and says, "Lets go! Now!"
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-01-29 at 08:49 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Beholder

Sebastian looks levelly at Tom and Kitsune.

“Well, I’m bloody well not staying here. So it looks like I’ll be with you as well.”

He glances around as the game appears to be starting.

“She’ll have them enthralled for a long while yet. Let’s make our move while we can still just look like members of the flashmob who decided to break away.”

He pushes the door back open to allow the now conjoined form of Kitsune and Tom through.