New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Can you help me with this intelligent item's ego?

Hey everyone, I'd like to find out how much ego this item has. My DM made it just for my PG, so there aren't any personality conflicts at the moment.

It's an adamantine returning +2 light hammer, with int 12, wis 10 and cha 16. It has telepathy and darkvision. In addition, 3/day can use a power strictly bonded with the user (in my case it freezes all the terrain around me as grease spell) and I can use the power of the weather domain as a cleric with CL equal to my level (6° at the moment).

So, as per the rules, I calculated +4 ego for the price (+3 weapon adamantine is like 21kmo), +4 ego for the abilites, +1 ego for telepathy. I can't find any solutions for the magical powers, and I don't think there are some written rules. But what's the right ego score to have for somethink like those magical power?

Thanks in advance

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Can you help me with this intelligent item's ego?

Forgive my ignorance or temporary brain fog, what does PG mean when you say made it for your PG?

The main thing is to treat domain powers as their most similar spell and level they are received at for spell level.

Breaking it down(only things that add ego)
    12 INT, +1 ego
    16 CHA, +3 ego
    Telepathy, +1 ego
    Grease(1st level spell) 3/day, +1 ego
    Weapon cost: +2 is 8K, returning is +1 for a +3 for 18K, 3K for adamantine so 21K plus hammer. +4 ego

So that's 10 ego right there.

The first power of the weather domain is efectively 3/day 1st level SLA, so I would rate that as +1 ego.
    The 2nd level is effectively call lightning, a 3rd level spell. The spell is 1 min/level, but it really only allows for 1 bolt per level, effectively casting the spell once a day. +1 ego.

So your total ego for the item should be 12.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Can you help me with this intelligent item's ego?

First of all, thanks for the answer. Second, PG is PC in italian (personaggio giocabile = playable charachter), that's my fault there, always mix those two.

Also, it seems I mispelled. I have the power of the weather domanin, but I can also cast the spells from that list as a cleric of the same level. So I have 1/day 1st level spell (obscuring mist), 1/day 2nd level spell (fog cloud) and so on... Basically the owner becames a cleric of the weather domain. And i can't find the right entry for that. And that is the amount of ego I cannot calculate in the right way, so I came here for some heads up and advices.