The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1037
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Why they fail

    The bandit takes one look at your act pulls out a horn and sounds it. You hear the sound taken up by several others in the area. He then quickly climbs down from the tree and starts to make a run for it not even trying to fight.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-28 at 04:07 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default He's Gone to Warn the Others

    Zetaya comes out of hiding. "We need to move, now. Those horns were signals and he went running off to wake those who are asleep. We lost the element of surprise. They'll be waiting for us."

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Take the shot and don't mess it up.

    Clarity sees the bandit raise the horn and quickly raises her bow in response. She takes a called shot to the bandits hand.

    Spoiler: Called Perfect Shot
    Show
    (2d20)[17][10](27) (Take the higher number and add 9, negatives apply as you see fit)(If one roll is a critical threat the other roll is the confirmation roll)
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Damage output isn't high enough to make people drop everything and stare.

    If the arrow hit (1d10+3)[7]

    (Horn will blow anyway, oh well)

    Clarity waits for what is to come.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Hand cramp

    Your arrow strikes his hand but doesn’t cause him to drop his horn and he still manages to sound the horn before running away.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-28 at 11:33 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default or they're running and hiding

    "Remember! They keep running and hiding that's why they haven't been dealt with yet!"
    Airmid runs after the bandit, using her SURVIVAL SKILL to try and follow him, PERCEPTION to keep an eye on him if he isn't too far.

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Hope those hints were big enough for you lol

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Why Are You Being So Reckless?

    Zetaya's face distorts with anger and frustration. "That's not what was said. Two groups tried to take care of them and were defeated." She hissed angrily. She sees Airmid running into the darkness, sighs, and turns to her last two comrades. "She's more reckless than me sometimes. Clarity, sister, and Hyensum can you two please follow her. She's going to get hurt, I'll catch up as soon as I can." With that she tries to go in the same direction as Airmid and the bandit quickly.

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    I will be using Survival, Perception, and if need be Acrobatics
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-29 at 06:50 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default The chase is on

    As he has not been able to get very far away you can easily see him and give chase. You almost miss it, but you notice that he does a slight adjustment to his run to allow him to step over a hidden tripwire, and so are able to easily avoid it.

    Right now he is a total of 30 ft away. (due to the low light conditions and the brush ranged attacks would have a -4 for cover and a 20% miss chance due to the low light.)
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-30 at 12:36 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Give chase!

    Spoiler: Chase Sequence?
    Show
    Here's the chase rules :D
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...-rules/chases/
    Essentially he has a head start on me, I have a head start on the others and we can just chase after him!
    Take your time, create a good amount of obstacles!
    Traps, tripwires, pits
    Getting out of sight of us and they stealth kind of deal, so perception checks in dense foliage
    Bushes, roots, trees
    Possibly even creatures attracted to the disturbances that halt the chase, only fair to target the bandit as well with them LOL
    He could even forget/not see a trap and get hit by his own!
    We can also move one 30ft section, standard action avoid obstacles and make another action like attack or cast a spell!
    So we could kill him with arrows while racing, or even stop / slow him with spells!


    *I'll edit this post when Josh replies either via discord or text*
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-30 at 10:44 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #31

    Seeing the bandit run away Hyensum starts to sneak deeper into the woods looking for any others or tracks.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Ready? Set? Go!

    Zetaya gets low and takes off toward the bandit. She charges him and uses her unarmed strike as she tries to punch him square in his back.

    Attack (1d20+10)[17]

    Spoiler: DM Damage if Attack Hit
    Show
    (1d8+4)[10]

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    After the one punch the bandit falls limp possibly dead.

    Hyensum you move up and quickly start following a trail then after following it for a short time lose the trail and can’t seem to find it again. You look around and also note that you can’t see the rest of the party and are not sure what direction they are in.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "I call that the defribirlator, saw it in a dream once." -Airmid

    Airmid runs up next to the downed bandit and Zetaya, "Be ready for anything, but since we need him for information I'm going to resuscitate him."
    With that she rubs her hands together until they glow and press down sending a jolt of positive energy into the bandit.
    (2d6)[9]

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default I'll Do What I Must

    Zetaya nods at Airmid letting her know she heard and understood. She moved to sit on the bandit's stomach while holding down his upper arms. While keeping her position on the bandit she closed her eyes, took a deep breath, opened her eyes, and focused, pushing all thoughts (and menories) out of her mind. "I-I'm ready."

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Good cop bad cop?

    Clarity moves next to the other girls, "Who is going to stay here and interrogate him, or are we tying him up and waiting for later? Someone should probably go with Hyensum. Should that be me?" Clarity then proceeds to remove the arrow from the bandits hand as nicely as possible.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Clear!?

    With Zetaya on top of the bandit, Airmid turns to Clarity to explain. "They're either fortifying or retreating, he would know. If they are retreating we won't catch them, but we can have him lead us there."
    She kneels down next to the bandit's head and slaps him repeatedly until he wakes up.
    "Either way, we can also ask him about the Orc encampments as well."
    Airmid looks around, "Wait.... where is Hyen?"

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Cowgirl

    After a couple of slaps the bandit wakes up and sees Zetaya on top of him holding him down looking her up and down he says, “Well I guess there’s worse ways to wake up.”

    Airmid you don’t see Hyensum anywhere.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Excuse Me?

    Zetaya lifts an eyebrow and glares at the bandit. "Good morning bugle boy." She said her voice dripping in irritation. "What was that signal and where are your bandit buddies?"

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Yes I will be using intimidation

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Down player

    “Ok ok got it no jokes. Well depending on how long I’ve been out they could be scattered or mostly still scattering. The horn is a warning that adventurers have found us so we are suppose to scatter.”

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default You Want Jokes? You Can't Handle the Jokes!

    Zetaya smiles slightly and gets down low "My body and myself aren't jokes, especially to strangers." She then stops her eyes wide in surprise. "Wait... you're giving us the information? That easy?" Her eyes narrow in suspicion. "Is there a signal to make them come together again and not scatter? Besides why scatter and not stand and fight? All the bandits I've come across will fight..." Suspicion and confusion cover Zetaya's face as she turns to Airmid. "What's your take on this Airmid?"

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    I know you are rolling a lot of our rolls now, I can't remember about Sense Motive. If that is a skill you're rolling I would like to roll Sense Motive please.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #32

    After noticing he is lost Hyensum will stop moving and hide and keep a lookout for any movement or sounds around him. weapons at the ready.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Can you trust a bandit?

    "First, Hyen is missing... We should find him, but as for YOU Mr.Bandit. Well, I think you're telling the truth."
    Airmid ponders for a moment, "I mean you've got nothing really to hide. I did just bring you back from the brink of death, and if you can help us stop the others I'm certain the punishment they incur will be severely reduced."
    She stands up and holds her hand out to him, "What do you say? Help us save the others from ending up being slaughtered by a bunch of heartless adventurers out there that get annoyed when they get outwitted?"

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Before I Release You...

    Zetaya sees Airmid reach out her hand to the bandit. She hesitates and looks the bandit up and down trying to take in his appearance, and more importantly seeing if he has a tag.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Unscatter may as well try to untouch

    Zetaya the bandit seems to be telling the truth. He also doesn’t seem to have a tag. “Well I would love to help but I really can’t. We all got places we go then the boss comes and finds us usually through an intermediary. Unlike the ‘fighters’ we have been doing this a long time. And what do you think would happen if we stood and fought?”

    Hyensum you don’t hear anything other then the sounds of the night time forest.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default This is easy then!

    "Oh well, that's perfect then. Please proceed as you would normally, but take me with you. If they question you just say you took me as a hostage to escape.
    Naturally, my allies will be following us and watching, but we will be putting a stop to your group's activities. We don't want to hurt you guys, and if we do hurt you I'll be doing my best to heal you."

    Airmid's smile radiates proudly, "Should the worst come to pass, and we have to kill some of you. I'll be sure that when I'm strong enough I'll return those whose lives I took will be restored and given a chance at forgiveness."
    Still offering her hand to the bandit she nods at Zetaya to get up. "Besides, we found you once we can find you again. Only we'll be given no choice but to kill your scouts instead of trick you like before."

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Norm vs adventurer norm wins?

    “Umm really?” He seems confused. “No ones going to believe that. Your an adventurer and a blue tag if anything they will think you came willingly because I was threatening people. There is no way I could force you to do anything.”

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Okay Plan B

    Zetaya looked at the man "what about me? I could go." She looked from the man to Airmid then back. With a sigh she got off of him, slowly. "No sudden moves or we'll be right back to where we were."

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Gray tag

    “That’s probably more unlikely. Ya I was shot by an arrow but I’ve never felt a pinch that hurt like that. You could probably kill me with almost no effort.”

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Yeah, no ****.

    "Umm, duh, whether I came willingly or not. Situation is still the same, for all they know I was the only adventurer in the group. So you can still boast your abilities a little."
    Airmid shakes her head to Zetaya, "I mean, look at you and look at him. You literally almost killed him with a single punch, no offense Mr.Bandit, but now look at me?"
    Gesturing from her small stature to her still-unarmored self, and back to her blue tag. "I'm literally the most believable target of the bunch of us. Tie me up if you need it to be more believable.
    Do you see a better chance at a subtle unexpected takeover instead of a bloodbath? A gruesome, arrow littered field of corpses covered in bruises from your bone-shattering punches,
    spiked with arrows from Clarity's precision and drained of life from Hyen's spirit and daggers? We don't want that, they don't want that. So lets do this, and do it safely and quietly."
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-02-03 at 10:40 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Human Resources: Banditry of the soul

    "If we could shed as little blood as possible that would mean more of your people to redeem. We may even have jobs for all of you. The pay would be better and more consistent and most likely not as near dangerous. We aren't the monsters of society only those against our society are monsters to us."
    Clarity says with a sigh
    "Also my intention was knock your horn away not hurt your hand but the gods didn't see fit to allow such things and for that... I say feel lucky I wasn't aiming for your throat eh."
    "I hope he finds his way I don't want to stay separated long."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •