The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 1299
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #49 Shouldn't be reading that at work

    Looking up at clarity Hyensum says "You are all monsters that don't feel the cold." After this his sister rips out of his back and shrieks out "I am Free!" He then stands up as she wraps her arms through and around him. "But let us go." as he head to leave the Hall.
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-04-27 at 09:36 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Midnight Rendezvous

    "Oh, Hyensum. You and your sister make for never a dull moment." Clarity shakes her head slightly before heading out the door with them.
    *A little while later the entire group meets up as the others were heading towards the guild house*
    Clarity perks up as she recognizes the duo and approaches, "Hello friends, we have our payment," she holds up the bag of coins before distributing the lucre, "What news of our escortees?"
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default The Rope and The Escort

    *before returning to the group* After a few seconds of holding Airmid's hand she shudders and mutters "no, nope, I can't do this." Let's go off Airmid's hand, takes our a rope, and ties it to her waist. She them continues forward pulling Airmid softly along on the rope.

    Zetaya sees Clarity send Hyensum approach, stops and drops the rope. "The quest to Hyendum is gone but the escortee to Arakil is still available and waiting. Airmid needs some rest though, she's a little" Zetaya pauses to find the right word "air headed and absent minded at the moment.

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Leashed

    Airmid stumbles along behind Zetaya, the soft shuffle of the metal plates producing a rhythmically hypnotic sound that's sudden stop with Zetaya's and her arrival to the others stirs Airmid from her exhaustive state.
    "H-huh? Weren't we checking on the quests?"
    She notices the rope around her waist and her face was quite obviously distressed and confused.

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Cold and rain

    As you exit the guild hall you all notice that it is starting to rain lightly. It is very cold but most of you hardly notice.

    There are two inns in town one is called the Broken Wand and is on the other side of the town.
    There is one that Zetaya went to called the Wondering Sprite.

    Weather:
    Wind: 1-3 MPH
    Precipitation: Drizzle
    Clouds: Overcast
    Time 3:30am
    Date Lamashan 20

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Broken Wand = Erectile Dysfunction???

    Shakily untying the rope she steps away from it, "S-so? Where to? We've gotta get all those missions done! Arakil next right?"

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Woah There Silver Tiger!

    Zetaya recoils the rope and places it back in her pack. Looking at her comrade she states "As the wind blows Air! You were out of it for a few minutes there. We, and mostly I mean you, need to get some rest. You would collapse where you stand if it weren't for all that metal plastered to your body. Not to mention I for one, as eager as I am to move forward and out of this town, am very tired. I do not know about the rest of you but I need to use the sleep." *her last few words slur slightly as she sways a little, almost as if she were suddenly a little tipsy*

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Rest before dishonor

    "Of course my friends. We have done a fair share, and I am sure the waiting until the morning can be in the comfort of a warm bed. Not much good can be done with us falling into overwhelmed stupors. To the nearest inn then." Clarity gestures with her hand to the road that leads to the inn.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Gettin a room

    The short walk to the two-story half-timbered building is both cold and dark (for those that are effected by this). Once there you notice that only a small amount of light is coming out through the shutters on the bottom floor.

    There is a small fire in the fireplace the temp is warmer than outside but not exactly warm. There is no one other than a male halfling snoring asleep behind the counter.

    Zetaya you don’t recognize him so you don’t think that it is the same man as you saw manning the bar last time you where here.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-05-30 at 03:33 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Coup de gold: Targets the helpless, sleeping halflling.

    Clarity walks briskly, yet quietly, over to the counter where the sleeping halfling snores peacefully away, reaching into her beltpouch for some gold coins as she does. She raises her hand holding the coins about a foot off the counter next to the halfling's head and lets the coins drop loudly one at a time onto the counter's surface. She is hoping that the noise should rouse the halfling from his slumber and maybe get a point across as well.


    Spoiler: Watching for changing change
    Show
    Clarity will drop 6 gold coins onto the table and she will keep constant check on this number in the chance that it changes for ANY reason. She will comment immediately if they should disappear before they have been actually submitted for business charge.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Agreement of sleeptime

    Airmid follows the rest to the inn and while Clarity drops the coins she gets closer to the fire and lets it warm her metal armor to a comfortable radiant heat upon herself.

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Please wake with gold

    Once the third coin thinks into the bar top the halfling snorts and opens his eyes. “****. Sorry about that must have nodded off there.” He stretches while straightening upright, “It will be 1gp per room per night. 1.5 gold for a room with two beds.”

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Ahem

    Zetaya calmly walks up to the counter, clears her throat, and says "I believe a one bed room for me will suffice. Thank you for the payment Clarity, next time the rooms are on me. I'm guessing the rooms are upstairs?" She starts walking towards the stairs. Pausing for an answer she has a foot on the bottom step with her body turned toward the halfling.

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Fiiiiireeee goooooood

    "I-I'm gonna just sit by the fire and warm up. I'll still pay, bu-but is it ok if I sleep here by the fire?"

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Fire good

    “Give me a moment and I’ll grab you a key and show you to your room. There is a small fire place in each room. I also have one catfolk pad bed that you can pull in from of the fire in your room if you want.”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-05-30 at 08:53 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Time for a Catfolk Nap

    "Y-yeah, that works!" She takes her key and rushes to her room waving a farewell and bidding good night to everyone.
    In her room she starts the fire in the fireplace and pulls up the catfolk pad bed she casts upon herself bed of iron so she faces no fatigue from her armor.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Thank You

    Zetaya walks back over to the halfling. Smiling she takes one of the other keys from him. "Thank you kind sir," she speaks as she bows a slight bow to him. Turning her attention to Clarity and Hyensum "Good night you two, see you in the morning. May a soft breeze carry you sweet dreams." With that she turns on her heels, walks up the stairs, enters her room, closes the door, and locks it.

    Once in her room she lays down on her bed, relaxes as much as she can, and falls asleep.

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Rainy day travel

    He thanks you for your generous tip and hands the rest of you your keys and shows you to your rooms.

    Once you are all settled into your rooms the rest of the night passes quickly.

    There is a knock on each of your doors to wake you up before breakfast time ends as the cheery female voice tells you through the door.

    When you all make it down to the common room you will notice that the rain that started last night is still going. Its not hard but it is constant.

    Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Total money from quests so far 120GP


    Weather:
    Wind: 1-4 MPH
    Precipitation: Drizzle
    Clouds: Overcast
    Time 9:00am
    Date Lamashan 20
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-05-30 at 10:58 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    before going to bed Hyensum use all of his remain spells to heal the party
    4 cure light wounds (3d6+5)[14]
    (1d8+4)[6]
    (1d8+4)[5]
    (1d8+4)[12]

    and 2 cure moderate wounds (2d8+4)[11]
    (2d8+4)[14]

    Starting with his sister and then himself and the rest for the party

    After all of this he go to his room starting the fire as his sister grabs the blankets from the bed and wraps him in them and hugging him until he falls asleep and she fads away.

    Edit first roll for cure light wounds was wrong um i can add a new roll so I rolled at home and got a 7 total
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-05-31 at 01:01 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Bless the Rains

    Seeing the rains still down-pouring Airmid decides that it'd be best if she just had her armor carried in her packs instead of having her travels slowed by slipping around in muddied trails.
    She then makes her way down to breakfast with the others, setting her pack down next to the table.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #50

    First thing in the morning Hyensum summons his sister and then goes down and get some food.

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Morning...Let's Go

    Zetaya wakes up and heads down for some breakfast. She sees the others and joins them. "Good morning!" she chimes with a smile.

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Breakfast and a quest

    One of the bar maids comes over and says “What can I get you all this morn? We have some fresh quiche 4 silver if your interested.”

    At that moment the door busts open and a man yells in a loud voice. “The guild has released an emergency stand by extermination mission. All who wish to engage will get 100 gp per person with an additional 300 gp should combat occur again per person. All other info will be given at moment of sign up. The mission party will depart at noon.”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-05-31 at 09:27 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default GOD DAMN NOTIFICATIONS I thought I turned you off :(

    Airmid jumps to her feet in a burst of speed and whips out her shield, relaxing hearing the message and realizing it's not an attack.
    "D-don't be doing that! You'll scare people half to death!!"
    She turns to her team with a questioning look, "Should we take it? You know I'll help anyone, but I don't want to drag us into danger if you feel it's not something you can handle."

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default As the wind blows!

    As the door bursts open, Zetaya readies her kronens anticipating an attack. She doesn't visibly relax until the man leaves the door. "As the wind blows" Zetaya mutters in Auran and a few other curse words. "I-I'm sorry Airmid, did you say something?" she stammers shakily in common as she shakes her head slightly trying to smile. Her brain figures out what Airmid said "O-oh yes, of course we should take it. Helping the town feel safer is always a priority. Plus I'm always down for a good fight." Zetaya stops, looks around, and tilts her head in confusion. "Hey, where is Clarity? Have either of you seen her this morning?"
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-06-01 at 01:30 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Rain Drops and Rooftops

    Clarity watches silently from her bed as Hyensum and Zarvum leave the room and head down to breakfast. She rolls over on her back and stares at the ceiling blankly for a moment, both hands behind her head, and then sits up after the moment of silent contemplation has passed. She looks around the room a little sleepily before getting out of bed and gathering her, seemingly, few belongings and looks at the door for a few seconds before instead turning back around and makes the bed to look as it had before she slept in it, taking care to wave the wrinkles out of the blanket. Hearing the rain before seeing it, Clarity then softly shuffles over to the window and peers out taking note of the minor details of the different colors of various objects as people stride up and down the road outside the inn.
    She sighs.
    This sigh would sound torn between content and uneasy if there were any around but her to listen.
    Stretching her arms slightly to warm them up she then pushes the window open and begins to climb out and up to the rooftop, taking great pains to note every efficient handhold and wooden edge on the way up, keeping her grasp spell at the front of her mind just in case she should slip.
    Upon reaching the top, she will establish a flat enough area to turn around and sit in a meditative position.
    She looks out to take in more of the town. The textures of various roof materials catching her eye before she looks up at the gray morning sky, unleashing it's lazy torrent of refined lake and ocean tears. She closes her eyes and allows the sensation of the rain splashing across her face to weave it's presence into her very being, her hair becoming it's favorite state of damp, her minor amounts of travel clothing clinging to her seafoam colored skin.
    "Dear Mother and Father," She begins, "Another day to night has passed from roads of adventure to places of rest and distraction. I have been taking great efforts to help those I can with whoever I can and this does keep my mind pacing towards the idea of a better world. Recently, we helped a farmer from certain death and I have laid eyes on orcs that walk side by side with trolls as equals. It puts fear in me and a peace as well, I suppose, that with so much to do I can't always keep track of the fact that I still have very little knowledge on how to find you both, or everyone else. I know that I shouldn't feel guilt about this as that is just the way of things, but I often wonder if I distract myself long enough then will I ever think back to finding you at all?"
    She opens her eyes a bit annoyed but decides to continue anyway.
    "Dad, I appreciate how you and mom taught me to use my head and heart before my weapons, but there are times when I wish I could just slay the distance and the unknown that separates us with an arrow to it's unseen eye. It would be easier for sure. And Mom don't look at me like that I know that the journey is everything and there are no shortcuts for the greatest achievements, but the 9th year anniversary of your disappearance is approaching and I feel I lose you a little more each day....."
    "A guild girl propositioned me a few days ago, and I didn't know how to feel, it made me think of you both and what you would say about such things, our daughter finding romance how nice and all the things parents should say. Oh how my friends teased such a situation, but still. It made me think of the story you both tell of how you found each other and in return me. I think I do want that someday. For now though, there is too much to do and to much to see. Thanks for listening Mom and Dad. May the letters that I speak find you as the rain finds the ground and sea. And Dad, try not to irritate Mom too much, you know how she gets."

    Clarity stops and sits in silence for a while longer only until she notices the commotion of the man approaching the inn, and then goes down to investigate.
    Last edited by Aramtyth; 2019-06-01 at 12:24 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Good Morning Miss Clarity

    Zetaya hears the footsteps and sees Clarity enter the room. She walks over to her, putting away her kronens in the process. "Good morning sister. Sleep well?" She asks sweetly as she smiles.

    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    you notice that her smile doesn't reach the rest of her face and there is a hint of fear in her eyes

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Persistent Problems

    Clarity smiles just slightly at Zetaya.
    "A great sleep indeed and I do apologize for taking so long. It would appear I needed a rinse." Clarity giggles a little before continuing, "My my; what has got everyone so worked up this morning hm? Everyone looks so serious and somber." Clarity walks over to the bar and orders her included meal before sitting down with the rest of the party.
    "Anyone mind filling me in?"
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #51

    Looking up from his food and sisters face looking out of it " Emergency extermination quest from the Guild." He then goes back to eating.

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Is it Goblins?

    "Oh? Did they say what needed exterminating or are they leaving us in darkness for fear of none answering the call?" Clarity looks around as she asks the question, looking for moods or expressions on passers-by.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •