The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1089
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Contemplation

    Zetaya contemplates what Clarity said. "Hmm. You're right Storm-breaker, we should maximize our potential. Okay, I'll do that." She watches Clarity go over to the counter. Turning to look at the board once again she overhears Clarity calling to the woman.
    She now focuses on the quests to see if any do indeed have ties to each other or cross paths.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-04 at 01:24 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    There are three quests that all look like they could be completed in the same area a scout, subjugation, and retrieval.
    Scout: There is activity that indicates there is A group of orcs some where between Faford and Paydine. The task is to find the group and figure out their numbers and capabilities. Reward 120gp

    Subjugation: There is a group of bandits suspected to be opporations on the road toward Faford. They seem to avoid groups of adventurers as well as more heavily protected merchants striking at targets of opportunity. The reward section has been crossed out and raised 2 times to reflect other adventurers lack of ability to solve the quest. Reward 205gp

    Retrieval: Merchant convoy was attacked on the road coming from Faford. They would like you to get the items stolen. Reward 100gp.

    You don’t see anyone that you recognize though do notice a group in the far back that seem to be rather shady. They talking in low voices and stopping quickly whenever someone gets close and seem to be nervous being there.


    Spoiler: Zetaya
    Show
    You find the same as Clarity but you also note there is a goblin subjugation in the direction of Arakil. Destroy the goblin nest. Reward 100gp.


    She smiles at you and says in a much more interested voice “No this time he’s mad that his little quest turned into something not so little and ran away. She gestures at the board that goblin subjugation over there turned out more then he could take alone. Found out that there is an ogre leading the group so he ran off. Now he wants payment without even completing the job.
    As for news only new thing is that a shipment of potions is late. A quest to go find it will probably pop up tomorrow. If you want to get a jump on it. It was coming from Arakil.”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-04 at 02:54 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    "Ah, that explains much, at least he was able to get away with his skin in tact. Perhaps he should work with a partner, maybe then he won't be lonely and so lost in his anger and failings. I am sorry you have to be on the receiving end of such frustrations Guild Girl. I am sure they pay you to handle the physical trophies we adventurers bring in but not the emotional burdens. *Slips her a gold* A tip of good faith from Korag and I. I am sure he didn't mean it; have a drink after work on us." Clarity says with a slight head bow.
    "GG, I have to ask more information about the most rewarding quest posted right now... Where can the farmers family be found?"
    Clarity then lowers her voice some, "And could you possibly tell me what you know of the nervous looking bunch in the back there. I have had some suspicions of bandits posing as adventurers to see if their operations have been compromised to keep low on the radar. You would think they could just change their ways but I suppose that is too much to ask."
    *volume returns to normal* "We will have to see about retrieving those potions as well, it sounds like we can accomplish much at once."
    Clarity finishes this thought a little louder towards her team mates as if also asking their opinions on it.
    "I am always in the mindset of the most efficient and rewarding path my friends."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Faford or Arakil?

    Zetaya's smile falters a little bit, she quickly puts it back on. "Well, we can either do two quests in Arakil or three in Faford. Or be overzealous and do all four." She sighs as she walks over to Clarify to tell her what she's found. As she comes closer she notices the hushed air and keeps her distance. When the talking returns to normal she approaches. After Clarity announces about doing them all Zetaya speaks "We know Air doesn't care that much. The bandits seem dangerous and should be dealt with, the same said of the goblins. What say you Yen?" After asking Zetaya's head falls slightly, her eyes fixated on the floor, deep in thought.

    Spoiler: DM Shady Group?
    Show
    Do I notice the group and do I recognize anyone?
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-04 at 03:29 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Lore update

    Lore!!!!

    There is a thing to note with the rewards section of quests the money stated is an extra amount. Anything that you find along the way is obviously yours

    On retrieval missions there is often a hidden reward that is tied to how much is returned. Normally some portion of how much it is worth.
    This amount is not stated due to in the past adventurers keeping a large portion of the things to be returned when the reward was not high enough for them or the adventurers getting a little too crazy in trying to find more when the reward was good.

    Normally the value is around 1/5th the full value of the items

    Other lore that I should have put in the first post but is didn't cuz ya...

    Date Toilday, Lamashan 16th, 342

    Moon phases
    Pillan: Waxing Gibbous
    Crimon: Last Quarter
    Pharmorn: Waxing Crescent

    no solar phenomena today.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-04 at 03:15 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Quick the Perception

    Zetaya's perception to notice people

    (1d20+9)[26]

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Sad times

    Spoiler: RWBY puns
    Show
    HACZZ, or ZACHZ? I like Zach LOL oh oh oh, CHAZZ!!


    "I want to do all of them!" blurts out from the Tower Shield, "I mean, we should do all of them that we can. We could buy a wagon, or rent one, for the retrieval quests and start with the Bandits."
    She thinks for a moment, "Actually that's a great idea, since the bandits are relatively close to the orcs we need to scout they may have already scouted them!"
    Airmi starts laughing, "Nothing scares a bandit more than stronger bandits that bandit the bandits! Besides they likely robbed the merchant caravan, and then we can head off to Arakil..."
    She pauses, "Though... I'm not a fan of eradicating anyone, I'll just consider it future protection to other unlucky travelers."

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #3

    Reaching out with all four of his hands Hyensum pats Clarity, Airmi, Zetaya, and Zarvum on there head all are good ideas lets go with he points his hand at them self and shakes the three time before letting them play rock paper siccors with them self with his input

    Spoiler: How the *#$@ this works
    Show
    each hand rolls a d3 1 is rock 2 is paper and 3 is siccors. hand 1 is Airmi, 2 is Clarity, 3 is Zarvum and 4 is Zetaya.


    Hand 1 (1d3)[2] paper
    Hand 2 (1d3)[1] rock
    Hand 3 (1d3)[1] rock
    Hand 4 (1d3)[3] siscors

    His smile fades as he looks at his hands "o right that doesn't work for more than two." Zarvum hug him with her arm flowing inside him.
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-01-04 at 06:28 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Party dedication

    Post for Clarity
    Guild attendant says in a silky voice “I’ll have to look up their info but that group just showed up last night. Keeps coming in here and doing that during the more busy times. They never take quests or talk to anyone other then their little group.” While talking she pulls out a large binder and flips through it then seems to find what she’s looking for. “Here it is. Looks like the family lives about a mile out of town farm number 18 east.” She looks at you and purrs “Anything else I can help with?” She says wile looking you up and down.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-04 at 06:41 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Um... What?

    Zetaya looks to Airmid and sighs. "Airmid your enthusiasm and excitement are well placed. Don't get half-cocked. The goblins have an ogre aged the bandits already have defeated two other groups." She eyes Yen "please don't Yen, you know how I feel about being touched." She backs up a little, out of reach.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-04 at 06:53 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #4 I'm not touching you o wait yes i am

    (1d20+8)[22] to touch Zetaya

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Oh Great, What Joy

    Zetaya clears her throat and takes his hand off her head. "Or you can ignore my wishes... I'm perfectly fine with completing all of the quests at hand, as long as we're smart about them. Excuse me." Zetaya turns and leaves for the door. As she leaves she tries to hide a shudder. She exits the hall.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Airmid IS the tiniest shiniest mom!

    "Hyeeeeen!! Are you under the influence of your shadow again? You should know better than to touch Zetaya. Do I need to perform an exorcism? ..... When I learn how to, I will."
    Pulling off five of the bounties she turns back to the group, "Lets do the search and rescue and make sure he gets home to his family, and no pressuring them for more money.
    Then we can also do the three bounties involving scouting the orcs, stopping the bandits and getting the stolen goods back. After that we can turn those in, and make our way to the goblins.
    Though if you want we can also take the escort quests,"
    she says pulling the two escorts to Arakil bounties down. "Since we could escort them to Arakil then go after the goblins, and if we're truly
    unlucky we could end up protecting these two from the goblins we needed to take care of anyways."
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-04 at 07:08 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Figuring things out

    *accepts the patting from Hyensum before turning temporarily and watching the unfolding destruction from the patting of Zetaya to the outburst of Airmid.*
    Clarity arches an eyebrow and smirks slightly before turning back to Guild Girl as she is flipping through the book.
    "Sorry for them they just get a little rambunctious sometimes."
    *Pauses slightly as she processes what GG said and what she says after*
    "Um... thanks for the information I hope we can put it to good use." Clarity ponders why she is talking like that.(See Spoiler)
    "I'll check back about that group at a later time.

    Spoiler: Perception and Sense Motive
    Show
    What is her angle, she keeps looking at me like that. Perception: Taking in as many details about this girl as possible. [roll]1d20+[/roll] Sense Motive: To detect what she means with her words and actions. Sense Motive: (1d20+8)[14]


    While thinking about it, Clarity turns to her allies briefly, "I agree with the cute short one, I had similar thoughts about how to handle these journeys myself. It will be a glorious testament to our basic ability to plan." She finishes with a small laugh before turning back to the Guild Girl.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Messed up the spoiler roll so redo

    (1d20+9)[20] = Perception
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Cute short one is likely the most invincible!

    "I'm certain you mean only nice things, with that description. So I'll take the compliment! Hyen, go apologize to Zetaya so we can get the missions underway."
    Airmid turns to the Guild Woman and bows again, "We'll be taking these missions, stay safe and keep sharp!"
    "Let us get on with the missions, Clarity!" Shoving the bounty postings to her companion beside her, Clarity, she then proceeds out the door with the rattling
    of metal and a thud with each step that would deceive most that it was coming from a giant. How she carries her gear shall remain a mystery unsolved.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default She is hitting hard

    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    She is an elf. She has caramel colored hair and her eyes are dark forest green in the center blending into chartreuse green at the edge giving her a piercing gaze. She has simple clothing of a low cut auburn colored blouse and a short pair of pants rather then a skirt.
    Her ears seem to be slightly shorter then the normal for an elf but not as short as a half elf.
    She has a very pronounced figure and about size C breasts. She also has a very athletic form. Her hands look soft to the touch and her skin is very smooth and even in both color and texture.

    Also it seems like she is hitting on you and not being very subtle about it.

    The guild attendant seems to notice your quick appraisal as her smile widens and looks like she is considering doing a little spin to let you examine her other... assets.

    Spoiler: Zetaya
    Show
    You find an inn a couple of buildings down the street. From the sign it seems to be called the wandering sprite. Inside it looks much like what you would expect at this time of day. There are only a couple of patrons in the main room and the only staff are the barkeep/inn keeper and one bar maid.

    The bar maid is sweeping the floor when you walk in wile the barkeep is polishing a counter that doens't look like it could be polished to a greater shine without magic. Both give you a welcoming smile when you enter.

    There are 5 patrons in total a group of 4 females of various different races and a man sitting by him self with a mug and what looks like a growing black eye. All are dressed as adventurers of varying classes. All of them have gray tags.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-04 at 09:39 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Go Sit in the Inn

    Zetaya enters the inn and returns their smiles with quick smiles of her own and walks up to the bar. "What kind of drinks do you offer here? Perhaps something non-intoxicating, my party and I will be leaving shortly, I'm sure, and I don't want to be caught unawares in the wilds." She takes a seat at the bar to recollect her thoughts and relax.

    Spoiler: Zetaya calm time
    Show
    Zetaya will be sitting there for about 5 minute to relax or until a party member comes and gets her. She just needed time alone.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #5 0.0 Ooo right no touchy

    Zarvum tilts her head to the side over 90 degrees at Airmid and mover her face through the tower shield to look her straight in the eyes.

    "OOOo right Zet doesn't like to be touched. I have to go say i'm sorry and give her a hug or something." Hyensum says rushing out the door after Zetaya.

    Zarvum flouts back under the floor after him still staring at Airmid never blinking.

    Spoiler: For DM
    Show
    let me know when I get to the inn or if I have to roll anything

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Shuddering Shadow Succotash

    Airmid's face is lit up with surprise by Zarvum's sudden appearance, almost freezing her in place.
    "D-d-don't do that! You startled me!" She shakes off the sudden fright and follows behind Hyen and Zarvum to go after Zetaya.
    "Don't give her a hug! That's what started this in the first place!"

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Gotta love losing Aura of Courage, no immunity to fear here ;D

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #6 roll to find and Hug... pat...uhmm...handshake... high five...yea

    Hyensum will look for the way she went (1d20+10)[22] perception

    Zarvum will try to follow tracks (1d20+6)[15] survival

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default So noticed

    Clarity averts her eyes some and blushes shyly before looking back at the elven guild girl, pocketing the board papers handed to her by Airmid.
    "Ah... um... wow. So....hi. Um, could I ask your name before I go? I mean I know you know mine because of the registry but... you really should wear a name tag." Clarity stammers nervously clearly caught off guard, "Ah actually, you know what, that was rude of me, um I'm gonna just....go.... I'll see you when I get back. I mean of course I will because we have to turn in the quests and..."
    She stops talking suddenly, her body visibly stiffens and she awkwardly shuffles out the door after her companions, dark green clearly on her cheeks."

    Spoiler: For those interested
    Show
    I have decided that throughout her journeys that Clarity hasn't really ever considered romance or even sexual closeness very much. She has her parents story to learn from in that department but through training and conflict and trying to find her missing family she's never really had time to ponder it, let alone been around people who might actually consider her as she is not considered normal in both looks or mannerisms. This isn't to say it hasn't crossed her mind it's just one of the few things that she has very little experience dealing with. In other words, good job Josh at finding something fun to tease my character with right out of the gates. The awkwardness warms my heart.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Spoiler: Zetaya
    Show
    The barkeep says in a slow drawl “Well we has some goats milk, some tea, and water. Anything in particular you lookin for?”


    Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    spots someone that looks like it may be Zetaya ducking into an inn down the way.


    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    As you exit you can hear the guild attendant give a throaty laugh at your stammering awkwardness. “Come back any time your in town! I’ll be waiting!”

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #7

    Hyensum runs over to the inn and then stop cold and calmly walks in looking around for Zetaya.

    (1d20+10)[18] perception

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Goats Milk, Tea, or Hyensum?

    "Tea would be wonderful, soft and soothing." Zetaya takes a deep breath, shutters once more, and let's out a sigh. 'It's okay,' she mutters to herself. 'Just calm yourself, let your inner wind calm down and everything will be fine." She looks behind her at the man and women, shrugs, and then turns back to the bar keep.

    She hears the door open and looks over to see Hyensum standing in the doorway looking around. 'Oh as the wind blows,' she muttered again, putting her head down 'that was short lived.' Quickly she placed another warm, soft smile upon her face.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-05 at 01:07 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Gah! On to something I'm good at.

    As Clarity leaves the guild hall she quickly takes a look around to see if her companions haven't gotten too far.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+9)[25] If she notices her allies she will pull out one of the papers and starts to record the farm number on the back of it and starts to head in the direction of them.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #8

    Hyensum walks up to Zetaya and with calm dead eyes bows. "I apologize for my earlier actions. We will wait for you outside." after saying that He raises up and calmly turns around and walks outside.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default I Guess That is That...(THANK THE GODS!)

    Zetaya returns the bow with a bow of her head. "It's perfectly fine, just please keep it in mind for later."
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-05 at 01:53 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    You see Hyensum duck into an inn. On you way toward it he comes back out


    Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    When you enter you see the group of 4 women at one table and the man at the other table. The barkeeper is turned the other way about to go into the back. There is a bar maid that is sweeping the floor she gives you a welcoming smile when you enter. And looks a little confused when you leave so quickly after.


    Spoiler: Zetaya
    Show
    The barkeeper turns around and goes into the back room to get your tea. He comes back a little later with a small pot with hot water and a mug with a small brick of tea and a small grater. “That’ll be 2 copper”

    Reference picture so you inderstand the tea
    https://www.hamiltondrygoods.com/wp-...k/tea-back.jpg

    These where broken into smaller pieces and then they would use a grater and grate the tea into the mug. A brick like the one in the picture could last months. The piece you have is about .25 in cube and could be used for about 5 cups of tea or more

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Zetaya turns to the barkeep and the tea in front of her, she takes a sip of the hot liquid and feels her irritations melt away. "Thank you," she said to him. "I must go, my party is waiting for me outside." She stands, bows deeply, and leaves him 10 gp. She turns to the door and walks outside.

    She notices her comrades outside. "I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly, shall we head out for one of the towns? Which one first?"

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    I'm sure he is surprised by the gross overpay, and Zetaya would notice. She would just simply tell him to "Keep the change" and give him a smile and wink.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •