The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1040
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default a little clarity on this shadowy situation

    "There you guys are, let's go we've got a lot to do!"
    Airmid points towards Clarity, "She's got the bounties, any questions?"

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #9

    Hyensum pulls out his bow and strings it, "no we are ready to go."

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder

    Zetaya shakes her head and walks over to Clarity. "Ah, already done with your romantic interlude Storm? She sure seemed into you, from what I saw before I left." She chuckled. "Well, now that I think of it. One question, where to first? After that, let's get going."

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Four different directions for a fortnight

    "Sh...shut up Taya. I don't know what you are talking about." Clarity stammers with a small huff before getting more serious.
    "First place to go is closest. We are talking to the farmers family at *checks paper* farm house 18 east. Did you guys get your problem squared away?"
    Clarity looks to Airmid. "You know I think your adorable, sea sprite, don't take offense."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default A ratatatatatatatatat

    "Yeah, yeah. Lovey dovey stuff, you can do all that mushy stuff when there's none counting on us."
    She pouts at the cute comment, "You can call me cute, but who's the one that keeps you all safe and unharmed?
    ME, A.I.R.M.I.D. and if I keep getting patronized for my stature you may very well just get hit the next time we're in combat."

    She turns her face away, as she is a very unconvincing liar, to hide the fact that she knows that no matter what she'll still protect you jerks.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-05 at 07:27 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Normal vs Adventure

    It is a short walk out of town via the east gate and only takes a little under half an hour to reach the farm. When you arrive there are several children outside. The younger ones are playing around the farm house while the older ones are helping in the fields. One of the older ones sees you and yells for the younger ones to get inside. Shortly after the yell the mother comes rushing out with wearing a light brown dress with an apron on that is partially covered in flower she calls the children inside and stays to confront you at the half way mark between the gate and the house. From the way she is holding her self she is obviously afraid but is doing her best to hide it. "Hello wh what can I do for you." she manages to say in a shaky voice.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "We've murdered your husband and wish to rape the children...." Says Airmid calmly...

    Airmid steps up from the group, "Yes, we're here for the search and rescue mission."
    She hands the bounty posting to the woman. "We're hoping for as much information as you could possibly give us, to be certain we find him and get him home safe."

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Blue tag win

    You see her look at your tag and visibly relax when she sees that is it blue. “My husband was going to go hunting some of the deer that have been seen in the back fields to the east to get us some meat. He left about 5 days ago but was suppose to be back yesterday at the latest. He knows the area and has never taken the full 4 days before. I’m worried that the same this that’s been taking the sheep the last 3 days got him as well. I kept the last sheep that we found if you want to look at it.”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-06 at 01:05 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default A Farm... The Memories...

    Zetaya stepped forward slightly. "Yes, that could give us some information. We would like to see the sheep, if it isn't too much trouble." Zetaya's smile falters slightly as she bows, thinking that if she bows no one would be able to see her smile fade. She stays low for a few seconds, muttering under her breath (in Aquan) "as the wind blows, this is not my day," lets out a sigh. As she rises again her smile is back in place.

    "I am truly sorry for your husband's disappearance. We will try everything within our power to see him home. Your farm is lovely by the way."
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-05 at 03:08 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "Their farm will burn along with the corpses of the children when I'm through!"

    Spoiler: Post Titles
    Show
    Just letting out my inner demons with post titles!

    "Oh... So he's been gone for a few days longer than usual," Realizing she said that out loud she quickly tries to keep the woman's spirits up.
    "Though, don't worry! We'll do our best to get him home safe! After all you're looking at the best group of adventurers this side of the barrier!"
    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+12)[16]

    "I was just thinking about the state of being he may be in, and what supplies we'll need to take with us for all kinds of scenarios!"
    To distract her, Airmid follows up with a series of questions; "Has he ever had to survive in the forested area for extended periods of time?
    Should he be unable to leave a certain area due to danger, does he have a strong will to stay alert?
    I'm certain he's good at hunting, but can he also defend himself from possible bandits?
    What kind of gear does he take out to go into the forest? Would he climb a tree to hide from danger? Find shelter in a cave?"

    She pauses, "I'm sorry, any sort of information about his usual habits would also be great to try and pinpoint where he'd go in an emergency."

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    (In aquan to Zetaya) "The waves call us home, Taya, still your mind and be at peace."
    (In common) "I have some means to help track down many, but a starting point would be very appreciated. Please trust that we will try all we can."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Find my Happy Place

    Zetaya looks over at Clarity "yes you're right" (in Aquan) as she smiles widely and does a quick head bow/bob. (In common) "we should look at the sheep as well, keep our wits about to any unforeseen dangers, you never know." She looks to the woman. "I'm sure your husband is fine, but better to be safe. Did he take any extra precautions before leaving after finding the sheep? "

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #10

    Hyensum stands back from the group rolling his kukris in his top hands.
    (1d20+12)[23] slight of hand
    Spoiler: For DM
    Show
    As the other talk to the wife he whispers to Zarvum find his tracks and come and show me where they are.
    (1d20+8)[23] stealth
    (1d20+6)[10] perception
    (1d20+6)[22] survival
    just to note she is incorporeal and just has her head skim over the ground and she can only get 50 feet from me.
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-01-05 at 06:34 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    Your right next to a busy farm house she isn’t going to find anytime within 50ft she would have to go at least closer to his normal hunting ground before she had any hope of finding anything


    “Yes yes of course the sheep is right over here.”While she walks toward the barn she continues to talk “My husband left before our sheep started going missing so he didn’t know or he wouldn’t have left. But he does have his longbow and his knife. He is normally good at bringing home food without getting into trouble even the couple of times that his kill was contested by a bear or cougar.”
    She looks back with a small smile as if she is starting to feel more comfortable to see if you all are following. Her eyes immediately lock into Hyensum playing with his knives and her face is filled fear as she stops dead in her tracks and looks toward Airmid as if pleading for help.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Its a strange day in hell when an NPC looks to Nathan’s character for comfort

    Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    What exactly made you think that it would be a good idea to show off how good you are with knives to a farm wife that already showed signs that she was afraid of the party.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-06 at 12:12 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "Yes, yes, skin her alive and let me penetrate the meatsack!" Red Airmid

    "I'm sorry, but I'm not so naive as to let deranged strangers travel with me. I have SOME judgement about me, as a Paladin of Torag and a Monk of the Iron Mountain."
    She gestures towards her holy symbols adorning her armor and the largest placed on the front of her tower shield. "Also, I know it means I'm a good person and that I should practically be wearing a halo..."
    Pointing to her blue tag, "But just because I may seem young, doesn't mean I am naive and just because I am blue doesn't mean I like every little thing my friends do in their strangeness causing others to be wary.
    Look, I am sorry for being a little blunt. However; time is of the essence and should you hesitate even if it were a group of the scariest looking gray tags you'd ever seen offering their assistance?
    Think of your husband, and your children and your farm! I'd much rather complete a search and rescue, rather than a retrieval."

    Spoiler: Diplomatic Blue-munity
    Show
    (1d20+12)[16]


  16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Crazy vs logic

    She doesn’t seem to calm down much but does manage to stammer out “O Okay... umm th the sheep is in the barn.” She moves to place Airmid between herself and Hyensum. She also keeps glancing back at him frequently.

    In the barn you find the sheep. It looks like it was almost ripped in half. The skull is crushed all the organs are missing including the intestines but most of the meat is still there. The hide is also in tatters. The missing meat comes from the large bite marks on it.

    Please roll knowledge nature

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Holy Sheep Batman

    Oh...oh my. That's a lot of damage. Hmm." Zetaya closely examines the body.

    Knowledge nature is (1d20+8)[20]

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    From the wounds on the body and what was eaten there is a high chance that it was a troll.

    Trolls like to eat organ meats and if they are not that hungry will often leave everything else. The hide in tatters with large bite marks is very indicative of a troll as they grab and rip their pray. It being almost torn in half is normally how trolls get to the internal organs where as the crushed head was it probably from the troll stepping on to hear the pop that the skull makes for fun.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default TROLL IN THE ...uh... WOODS!!!

    "Oh as the wind blows," Zetaya says rather sharply as she stands turning towards the woman. "Ma'am I would suggest going into town with the family for a few days and staying at the inn there. What has been killing your sheep is most likely a troll, you're pretty lucky it's just been wanting to eat your sheep. Being in town will be safer for you, here" She hands her a coin purse of 50 gp "this should get you into town and comfortable. Once we find your husband we will get him to the inn, and hopefully we can end this menace." Looking at the woman again she sighs and puts both of her hands on the woman's shoulders "Keep calm, if not for yourself then for your children. We will do everything in our power to find your husband and bring him home safely. Now I feel it best if you show us where your husband entered the woods and then collect a few belongings and take your leave. Please." Zetaya takes her hands off the woman's shoulders, wincing slightly, and rubbing her hands together. Seeing the woman's confused reaction, she replies "Uh, static electricity, my weakness..."

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Troll in the playground

    She seems rather taken aback by your generosity but nods and steps outside "If you follow that fence line to the east the next fence you will encounter will be the back property line. The deer where seen in the back fields so would be bedding down the the woods behind that fence. My husband should be in those woods some where. I'm sorry I cant give you more information. If you'll excuse me but I have to get my kids ready to go into town. Should I inform the guild that there are trolls in the area?"


    Spoiler: LORE
    Show
    Fun face monster subjugation quests are often funded by the town or the guild itself so it is uncommon for a private citizen to have to pay for a subjugation quest.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "No, don't tell, let more suffer!"

    "Actually, if you go and update your quest to a monster hunt and tell the guild woman that we're already on it
    then the guild will pay for the mission. We'll make sure to take care of these trolls."

    Spoiler: knowledge of trolls
    Show
    If it is common knowledge about trip weakness to fire and acid then I'll suggest she buy some acid splash potions to make traps along her property line to keep them from wanting in

    Turning to the group she takes a moment to enter her combat stances and grants everyone here knowledge of the feat, Extend the Bulwark.
    "There, we're ready to go. Since we're tracking we don't have to worry about how slow I am anyways!"
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-06 at 11:45 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Footprints in the dark

    "Oh Airmid," Clarity says lightly clicking her tongue, "When time is of the essence and lives are on the line speed is always a factor. I can track fast when it is needed. Rare is it that others could keep up though."
    Last edited by Aramtyth; 2019-01-06 at 05:27 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "You'll be the first to die, Clarity"

    "That's not fair!!! Usually it takes a while with all this armor for me to get around, but now you just want to speed ahead!?"
    Airmid seems about on the verge of tears, "I-it's fine, you're r-r-right.... I just thought we could go at my pace now so I didn't have to catch up. Like I usually do. Go find him or the trolls, either is fine. If we kill the trolls then he'll be safe, if we find him we can protect him from the trolls."
    She sniffles lightly and weakly waves for Clarity to go search for the woman's husband, though weakly is kind of impressive as the arm is wielding 100 pounds of pure steel tower shield.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-06 at 07:53 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Blood, Tears, and Tiniest Shiniest Mom

    "Now Air," Zetaya soothed as she knelt down a little to meet eyes, "I'm sure Storm didn't meant to hurt your feelings, but we do need to get there as quickly as possible." Zetaya gives Clarity a slightly stern look then smiles. "We won't leave you behind, but we do need our wits about us, so let's clear those tears and get going. Hm?" She stands up, looks to Clarity, walks over and whispers (in Aquan) "Yes you're right movement is important, maybe next time not so blunt or harsh? I know you meant well, but..." Zetaya trails off turning towards a sniffling Airmid. "You know..."

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default You have to sleep sometime small fry.

    "Airmid, I won't leave you or anyone else behind. I can track and find him faster but we always attack as one. It would only make sense to find him fast so there is something to save."
    Clarity moves over and gives Airmid a light hug and brushes a small tear from her eye.
    "Know that no beast or army great or small moves far without it's heart."
    She finishes this line with a small boop on the armored girls nose.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "Yes, yes, be manipulated by my tears you fool! THE TEARS OF A CROCODILE!!!"

    She rubs her eyes and nods, "I know, we'll await your report as we trek through the forest while you track ahead. I appreciate your talents, but I prefer closeness with allies. Nothing worse than losing you, without knowing I could have been there to protect you."
    Clearly Airmid doesn't like to chance losing anyone, so she may just break into a frenzy should there be a forced party separation event.
    "One day I'll learn to move faster in all this armor, but until then I can resign myself to catching up if I need to."

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #11

    Walking behind the others "Not all weapons move fast but that does not make them unuseful. A dagger moves fast but a earthbreaker is no not without its use just as is the case with forms of protections." Hyensum says putting his kukri away.
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-01-06 at 08:24 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "I can fly!!" -The child who believed me right before they jump off the cliff

    "Hyeeen, I always like your silly metaphors. Of course I'm not useless, but I do sometimes feel like I'm holding you guys back a little."
    *Airmid status, reverts to normal!*
    Her face is a lit with a smile and her confidence seems restored. "Lets go save..... um...."
    She turns back to the woman, "What's your husband's name again? I don't think it was provided, but it'd be useful to call out!"

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default We're Off the Save the Farmer

    "Yes, let's get going" Zetaya states with a slight head nod. She turns to Clarity once again (in Aquan) "If you insist on going ahead, tracking and mapping the area, please be careful."

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Cold weather causes slow movements

    "I assure you I will move with purpose but never so far gone that I can't fall back to you all."
    Clarity looks to the woman and waits for an answer to Airmid's question.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •