The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 985
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Sprinkler services rendered

    Clarity nods to Hyensum and casts again this time extending the water to requested fields.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Diggy Diggy Hole

    Zetaya uses the shield to dig into the ground and putting dirt on the flames. She turns to Airmid "you may pay me back if you wish though it is not requested. I'm happy to lend a hand or potion to those who need it."

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Dig a tunna dig anotta tunna

    "That's very kind of you, but it wasn't truly essential to the mission so you shall be repaid!"
    Airmi keeps shoveling southward around the fire tossing the moist dirt upon it as she goes.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    With the effective tactics large size and fast execution you are able to bring the fire under control in only a couple of rounds. The fire managed to increase by about 20% but past that there where no other problems putting out the fire.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Whew, Crisis Averted

    The fire dies and Zetaya starts cleaning the shield to the best of her abilities and hands it back to Airmid. "Thank you for lending me this." She wipes her brow of the sweat and dirt. "Whew, that was a heated battle, it boiled my blood." She smirks and chuckles at her lame joke. Looking over at Clarity "How's Balde?"

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Awash with dirt and relief

    Clarity says to Zetaya "Stable and unconscious. He lost a lot of blood and reattaching his leg may be beyond what I can do out here." She looks down slightly with a lack luster expression, "He may yet live but his life will be most trying for him and his family from this point on. Come, we should get him down and bring him back as fast as we can."

    Clarity turns away then, and she walks solemnly back to the tree. Then starts the climb up with steady movements.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "Awww, my shield.... it's... it's all dirty!" - Airmid cries from the tragedy

    "So much of that is more true than you think, who knows how many of these trolls are truly in these woods. Their livestock is threatened, their farm could be invaded at any point, the husband probably can no longer protect or provide for the family. It's just so..... sad. The children also wouldn't be able to play outside for fear of their lives. Either they move, or the guild pays a handsome fee to adventurers to exterminate them. There's still no real way to be sure it's all done forever."
    Airmi's usually fiery tempo is a watered down somber expression, matching the current surroundings.
    "Umm, I'll take my straps back and drag this thing out of the woods. We can show the family, and tell the guild of the dangers here."

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Revelations on the breeze

    "Airmid, the cycle is terrible and we must find a way to break it when we have the power." Clarity calls down to the soot covered girl.
    " By my thinking a regular troll would be a problem for them. This one was modified." Those below hear a hint of irritation, perhaps light anger in Clarity's next vocalization, "The question we should be asking is where did it come from... And who turned it loose?"

    Clarity gets to Balde and his leg and prepares them both for decent. Accepting help from any who choose.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Airmid no tiny no more

    Airmid rushes towards the tree using her new, albeit temporary, stature to hold up her hands to take Balde from Clarity and gently lay him upon the ground.
    "There we go, now how should we carry him out as gently as possible? Two people or four arms?"
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-14 at 04:23 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Fire Troll oh Fire Troll

    Zetaya frowns at the conversationand situation while giving Airmid back her cords. "I could cradle him in my arms while walking him back to town, but maybe it best for Yen to do that." She looks over at Yen "I'm sorry about Zar." She looks away and stares down at the burnt floor of the forest. "As for the troll. Isn't it possible for someone to be experimenting on this poor thing and it broke free? Besides how would we find the culprit? I mean who knows the troll could've done this to himself..." her voice trails off as she gets lost in thinking, almost blocking out the world around her. She wanders over to the troll to take a look at its brands to see if any clue to its origins.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-14 at 01:11 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default This will not do!

    "No.... NO! This is just wrong, we can't stand around moping. We won! We stopped a monstrous fire breathing beast, we kept the husband alive, we stopped a forest fire!"
    Airmid gives the troll body a swift kick in the ribs. "What else could we ask for!? Divine insight into the locations of where this thing was made? Lets just find a proper oracle!"
    She turns back to her squadmates, "We did amazing things today, and we should be proud of ourselves. Now lets get him home and keep him safe until we're there!"

    Spoiler: Diplomatic Loli Cheering
    Show
    (1d20+12)[25]


  12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #22

    Hyensum tilts his head to the left "Yes we have won but death, pain, fear, and loss are always a part of what we do. It follows our type like a flock of carrion birds follow a army. So smile if you can but my kind show neither smiles or frowns." He points to his bandanna. He then walks over and carefuly takes the farmer and picks up his leg and walks towards the farm.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default You're Right Air

    Zetaya snaps out of it and looks to Airmid, smiles and does a head nod. "You're right Airmid, we did do great things today." She turns towards Yen "Yes death, pain, fear, and loss follows us wherever we go but it is our choice to either make our days happy or miserable. I choose to make my journey filled with smiles and laughter and trying to make those around me smile and laugh as well. Now that we have the farmer in safe hands let's get going." She looks down at the troll. "I can lug this to town if either of you don't object." She grabs the troll and starts dragging it, following Yen.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-15 at 12:35 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Happy melancholy

    Clarity scales down the tree and picks up Balde with the help of Airmid. She takes the time to smile and nod at Airmid but say's nothing.

    The party then makes it's way back to the farm, glad to deliver at least somewhat happy news to the family and hoping to cash in on the fallen troll.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    The party makes it back with little problem. The hardest part of the journey is when the potions of enlarge runout. Once at the farm the wife runs out to see if her husband is ok.

    She stares in horror but gives Airmid a slightly hopeful look.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "Don't worry ma'am, he won't make it. It was horrifyingly gruesome." -Red Airmid

    "Clerics in the city may be able to regenerate the limb or attach it in a way that won't hobble him."
    She points to the creature she's dragging behind her, "There was a troll, a fire troll... almost started a forest fire, but we stopped it, killed the troll and found your husband still alive!"

    "We're going to take this creature's body to the guild, see if it was created or just a natural occurrence. We've got other much more lucrative jobs, so I think I can say we don't
    think you should have to pay for this. Save up all that you can and get him able to work again. Also, if the sheep disappear or are killed again. Put in an extermination request and leave this place for safety.
    We don't know if there were any more, but this was the only one that we saw."
    Airmid turns to the rest of the group, "I'll happily give up part of my shares of the next mission if you desperately desire payment."

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Let's Keep Moving

    Zetaya smiles and shakes her head. "No, no payment should be required. I'm just happy that this journey has a happy ending, minus a leg perhaps, but still good. Keep the 50 gold, it'll help get yourselves back on your feet." She shuffles her hand to regain a good grip on the troll body. "Let's get this thing into town please. We need to figure out if there is still danger here, plus I would like to carry onward to our next journey."

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Goals met and meeting

    "Airmid, I don't think you will have to worry too much about us collecting from you in this matter. I hope they find their way though."
    Clarity grabs a section of the troll and helps Zetaya and Airmid pull it.
    "Reward is bragging rights eh sister's?" Clarity says to the girls while slightly smirking and arching an eyebrow, "Can't wait to see their faces so soon after our departure and dragging such a creature to boot."
    Last edited by Aramtyth; 2019-01-16 at 01:51 PM.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    She sighs “So he’s still alive. I’ll put on a request to the guild for a healer. If any more of the sheep get attacked I will let the guild know right away. Thank you for returning my husband to me.”

    After dropping off the husband the trip back to the guild is uneventful other then the guards giving your strange looks as you drag a troll through the gates. By the time you manage to drag the troll back to the guild hall night has almost fallen and the guild attendant from earlier is talking to another who is obviously her replacement for the night shift.

    They both look up and get half way through greeting you before stopping and looking at the troll.

    Guild attendant from before “Umm I take it you want to sell the troll components to the guild?” She asks obviously confused why there is a troll in more or less one piece laying on the guild hall floor.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Partly just trolling the guild

    "Yes and no, selling to the guild tradesmen is fine; however, we were interested in whether or not this is a naturally made troll or an engineered one."
    Airmid sets the troll down and proceeds, "It was also responsible for starting a forest fire that we were able to put out and attack the livestock of the Balde farm."

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Three People Carrying the Troll? Okie Dokie Loki

    Zetaya sets down her part of the troll when Airmid sets down her part. "It's true, but we found the missing farmer, Balde, and is safe and sound with his family." she says in a cheerful tone. "As my companion said we would like to see this troll's origins." She looks to the sky and stretches, letting out a slight yawn. "What a beautiful night," she sighs.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    “Well if that’s what you want to know feel free to use the guild library for your research. Also I would suggest talking to Torf just don’t drink anything he hands you but he knows a lot of things about specialty monsters.” She then gives you directions to both the library and Torfs house.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #23

    Hyensum rolled his neck and shoulders "I will go talk to Torf, does anyone want to come with me?"

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default I don't think that's too important right now

    "Actually, I think we should just pass along our inquiries to him. I think the guild lady would be able to pass those along for us? We should really go out and finish the rest of these quests. We can get a full research report when we get back and have the mission expenses to pay for the information."
    Airmid turns to the guild lady, "Would that be possible?"

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Night Time Sharpens

    Zetaya looks to her fellow comrades "Well it would be best if we do get going but it would be best if we rest for tonight and get a fresh start in the early morning." Then looks to the guild girl to wait for her response.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pay to play

    Guild girl “There are a couple of resherchers that you could hire. They cost is 2sp per day and we could find them for you for another silver.” She also gives you directions to Torf’s house.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-17 at 04:17 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Is she the only girl who works there?

    Clarity puts 2 gold down on the counter.
    "I would like for you to do just that be sure that a good couple of them research and report their findings for us to collect later. The information doesn't have to stay private either. In fact I would like for it to be made as public as possible."

    Spoiler: If this is indeed the same guild girl
    Show
    Perception to check for a nametag (1d20+9)[13]


    Clarity rejoins the group, "I feel as though we should get back on the road tonight personally. If we rest now we miss out on a head start to our next tasks and there could be more people like Balde who are in desperate need of some help. This isn't to say we shouldn't stop after a couple hours travel mind you all. Just better to cut distance as best we can."
    She looks to the faces of her companions for any sort of response to her logic, specifically Zetaya, "I... could be persuaded to stay here for the night if that would make you feel better Taya. Perhaps we should call it an early Friday?"
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Heightens Each Sensation

    Zetaya is taken aback by Clarity's offer, her eyes widen in shock. She stops and thinks, finally she shakes her head. "Thank you Storm-Breaker for the offer. If I were to go it wouldn't be for that, maybe a tea or something. I don't want to be unaware on the road. I appreciate it, but you're right we need to get on the road. Those people could be in real trouble and we can't delay."
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-17 at 05:13 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Guild girl has a name!

    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    Her name tag says her name is Tawariell. FYI there is another guild attendent she has just remained quiet as she has just stepped up to handle it.

    Guild girl Tawariell “I can recommend a couple of good inns in the area.” To Clarity “I’m off now so I would be happy to show you the way.”

    The other guild attendent just looks vaguely scandalized by her attitude.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Darkness Wakes and Stirs Imagination

    Zetaya looks to Clarity with a grin "I don't need an early Friday but maybe you do?" She nudges clarity with her elbow. She whispers (in Aquan) to her "go on, have fun. Release your inhibitions."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •