The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1048
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Y'all mutha****as need Torag

    Airmid just sits there looking back and forth between the group members and the guild lady, Tawariell, "Soooo, a-are we going to do the missions or not?
    Because if we're going to stay here over night I'm going to go and patrol the city and see if there's anyone that would require help.... While you all get lovey-dovey or drunk."

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Me? Drunk?

    Zetaya turns to Airmid and chuckles "no my protective companion, I won't be drinking tonight. If I'm drinking it's tea or another non-alcoholic drink. You know we'll that I like to be alert while in the wilderness."

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Oh, no no, not you innocent Zetaya~!

    "Oh, not you, Z. I was talking about Clarity acting all distracted by Tawariell over there. I just don't understand the appeal of holding hands and slobbering over each other, and I'm willing to get stabbed for you guys....."
    Airmid looks towards Clarity and Tawariell with what could be read as a curious jealousy. "Hyen wants to go talk to Torf himself, if Clarity is staying already because of Tawariell then I shall accompany him."

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Better go, better go, outrun my bow. Words are just another type of arrow.

    "Simply put, not at this time Lady Tawariell. This was not the return I had in mind and we still have much to do. Business before pleasure I suppose, though I am almost certain that will be taken out of context by everyone listening. I have had a little time to think about earlier and I am not sure what it is I want or that I can offer you that I am comfortable with. I am not even sure if I would be worth your consideration to be perfectly honest. I do however appreciate your efforts and you taking the time to listen to me so if you are willing to be a little patient with me perhaps we could share a drink some time. I leave that entirely to your consideration."

    Clarity turns to Zetaya
    "I know you mean well in your jests but I feel you are egging me on needlessly. As such I ask that we drop the subject of my personal affairs until I can think on how I feel about it a bit more. I mean no offense, Taya, I just find myself a little uncomfortable at the moment and I am sure you know how that feels here more than anyone."

    "And as for you Tank Girl; unless you actually have some sort of useful insight into the ways of romance or the basic concepts of how to talk to someone politely then perhaps keep your opinions, observations, and assumptions to yourself on the matter and not make needless bratty jokes. In the mean time when you are ready to catch up, both figuratively, mentally, and literally, I will be at the town gates meditating."

    Clarity then turns back to Tawariell, bows lightly, turns and makes full speed motions out the door before anyone can respond. Nothing stopping her outside of physical interference.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default W-Wait Up!

    Zetaya blushes slightly to Clarity's comment, waits a minute or two, and turns to Yen and Airmdi "If you wish to visit Torf, then you two go on ahead. I'm going to go wait with Clarity." She pats Airmid on the head, leaves, and goes to Clarity next to the town gates.

    Once she gets to Clarity she clears her throat. "I-I'm sorry if I was inconsiderate of how you felt Storm. It was all in good fun, but not fun to you." She bows her head. "You're right I do understand how uncomfortable it is. I took no offense to your words but I wanted to apologize." She looks Clarity in the eyes and smiles. "Would you mind if I sat with you...Sister?" Zetaya struggles slightly to get the last word out but afterwards smiles widely and giggles, waiting for Clarity's response.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-18 at 08:32 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default That's right, you RUN away!

    "W-wait, that's not what I meant.... Wait a minute, catch up!? Another slow joke from you and I won't be protecting you! Unless you really need it, but even if you didn't you know I still will...."
    Airmid just trails off, slumping down in a dejected lump of armor.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Content Concrete Centering

    From her meditative position on the ground Clarity cracks an eye open and looks at Zetaya. Her expression of neutrality doesn't change for a few seconds before patting the spot next to her with an open hand and a small smirk breaking it's way to the surface. She returns her hand into meditation position and closes her eye again and focuses on breathing patterns as her face returns to calm. (On the surface anyway)
    She says nothing.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Nighttime Relaxation

    Zetaya sits next to Clarity and looks up to the sky, observing the stars. She takes a deep breath in, smelling all that she can, and lets out a satisfied sigh. "Thank you," Zetaya whispers before she starts humming slightly, to herself, and closing her eyes.

    Spoiler: what song?
    Show
    If you're interested in what song she is humming it is called Kero Hiyero by Cirque Du Soleil (Varekai)


    Spoiler: Zetaya's "meditation"
    Show
    If no one comes along in about 15 minutes or so, it's most likely that Zetaya might take a slight nap and fall asleep against the post.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    The guild girl just has a little pout on her face while you turn her down after you leave she tisks and sighs looking annoyed “Well **** and she seemed fun too. O well” to the other attendent “See you in the morning.”

    Spoiler: others
    Show
    once your ready to go to Torf’s let me know
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-19 at 01:29 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Gotta get Phil to post, I think he feels left out?

    Spoiler: DM / Hyensum
    Show
    I think a lot of us get more time to post and breeze by when some don't get a chance.
    We can have general discussions without others, like the teasing going on here, but shouldn't try to really progress things while a member isn't able to respond.
    If it's something that anyone COULD interject or interrupt etc please do wait for all persons to reply to it, or post in Discord saying there's nothing their character would add.


    "Hyen, lets you and I go to see the Gnome researcher, Torf I think I recall."
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-19 at 02:11 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #24

    "Yes let us go." Hyensum head tilts to the left "by the way what is this lovey dovey kiss face thing you are talking about?"

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "Well, it's something like this..." Airmid passionately takes Hyen's Kiss Virginity

    Airmid shrugs, "It's different sometimes, when you see it you'll know though, 'cause mostly you just see two people pressing their face together mouth on mouth and grabbing each other all over."
    She wraps her arms around herself and starts making mock kissing sounds, "Usually you see them grabbing each others' behind, or chest. It's really off-putting because sometimes you intervene and they thank you and other times you intervene and you get yelled at."
    She just shakes her head, "I'm just not going to judge, or help, unless someone calls for it during those times though."

    Airmid pauses and turns back to the Guild Lady, whichever one is remaining, "I think Clarity ran off with the directions to Torf's place? Can we get another copy?"

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    Tawariell gestures to the other guild attendant, "She is on shift now and can help you." She then just walks out.
    The other one just laughs and hands you the directions. “You all may want to wait till morning he doesn’t normally like to be disturbed at this hour. Best of luck.” She says cheerfully.

    Spoiler: directions
    Show
    The directions are to a small warehouse behind the markets.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Time to occupy Warehouse

    "Thanks, I'm sure we can at least deliver a message of our needs and payment to the house and be on our way."
    Airmid takes the directions and hands them to Hyen, "Lets head out, we can find the others later or on the way, I'm sure despite their 'warning' I'm certain a little message of work and payment won't truly be looked upon too unfavorably."

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #25

    Hyensum nods "let us go" he then starts walking towards the marketplace.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Making our way downtown, walking 'fast' armor's on and we'll start ****~!

    Airmid does a brisk jog beside Hyen to keep up as they make their way through the marketplace area towards the warehouse.
    Her eyes dart back and forth as she keeps an eye out for anything shady as they make their way to Torf's.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default The gnome

    As you make your way though the town to the warehouse nothing really interesting happens all the shops are all just closing done for the night. Then you arrive at the warehouse you notice that it has seen better days, not that it is has started to rot more like the owner doesn't bother with the little upkeep that help make looking nice. The white wash is almost completely gone leaving weather worn wood exposed in its place almost making the structure look like its melting though bright lights shining through its small windows even now and you can hear someone rummaging around on the inside.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #26

    Hyensum walks up to the front door and knocks once with his right arms.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Gnome Home

    You hear a crash followed by low cursing and the sounds of heavy steps and ticking coming closer to the door. Before you can figure out what to do the door is opened by some kind of metal creature with a top hat. It speaks in a very smooth voice "How may I be of service?" as it speaks it jerks around as if there is something wrong with it.
    A wrench flies through the air clattering to the ground out of sight on the other side of the door followed by a low grumble "How many times don't answer the door when its dark you stupid automaton." The creature then slams the door closed and you can hear it stomping and ticking away.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #27

    "Master Torf, my party and I would like to hire you to research a troll that was healed by fire." Hyensum says.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Hard Gnome

    You hear the same low voice yell "And how about you come back later with it. Maybe during the light hours I get way to much done at night because I don't have to worry about people knocking every hour! Now go away and come back in the morning!"
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-01-22 at 01:58 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Knock knock

    Airmid knocks again, "Please, we've got a lot of escorts to perform and we don't need the info this minute.
    We'd just love to drop off our request and payment then be out of your hair."

    She does her best puppy dog eyes expression waiting for Torf.
    Spoiler: diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+12)[22]

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Dwarf Gnome

    The door opens quickly and what stands before you is obviously the gnome he has wide eyes that have a maniac energy to them he has enough lime green hair that if not for the color he could pass as a dwarf unfortunately no dwarf would let their bear get into this state his hair and clothing look to have been caught of fire and in explosions several times and not repaired. He says in his low voice "Fine if it will make you leave me be. Charge is 5 gold put the troll over there." He points to a small pile of various odds and ends from slate tablets to small mechanical devices. "Come back in 3 days that should be enough time for tests."

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Thank you~!

    Airmid bows, "Thank you, very much! I'll bring the troll from the guild office and leave it there as soon as I can!"
    Nudging Hyen she takes off towards the guild, "Be sure to pay him, I'll be right back."

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default The world around us

    Clarity opens her eyes but maintains her meditative form. She then focuses every sense at her disposal to observe everything around her and take in as much detail as she can. Noting specific details of any people that might be around and any conversations or noises happening at her location.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default If I'm included?

    Zetaya's song ends after about a minute when she switches to humming random notes. Her head, slumped slightly, rocks side to side as if keeping a slow tempo; her eyes are closed. As moments pass her humming trails off into silence, head still rocking side to side.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-22 at 04:08 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default People watching

    Spoiler: Airmid
    Show
    The trip back to the guild to grab the troll and drag it back pass without event other then the odd looks you get from dragging around a dead troll.


    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    You notice that the guards that are manning the gate are watching you. You note that there are 2 other people talking while sitting on a bench a little ways away one is a male human the other female they both look to be uncomfortable with the current conversation. Other then this you don't see anyone out at this hour.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Time to take a S-troll through the city

    Airmid barges into the guild hall, "We'll need this for a little longer, Torf does actually, thank you~!"
    With that she tosses the troll's arms over her shoulders and proceeds to drag it back to Torf's.

    As she makes her way back at a measly 20 foot movement, running while dragging the troll for a total of 60 feet of movement per round, she ignores the stares of others.
    However, to anyone with a trained eye in sense motive you can see a tiny smirk of pride in one's self glad to receive either the admiration or the awe of strangers.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-22 at 09:54 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #28

    Hyensum pulls out the gold and hands it to Torf.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Troll roll

    Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    The gnome takes your gold and waits for Airmid to come back


    Airmid makes it back quickly the gnome grumbles “Bout time gods your slow.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •