The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1047
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Line of sight

    (Are the guards specifically watching me or are they just looking my general direction.)
    Spoiler: If so
    Show
    Clarity will wave at them and smile enough for them to see before returning back to her meditation stance.


    Clarity focuses on the discussion to try and hear specifics of the conversation. She will then glance briefly to her companion to see if she has fallen asleep.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Urk >:I

    Airmid slumps the troll where she was told, then crosses her arms and pouts. "Well I'm sorry that I had to drag this behemoth by myself..."
    She bows, "We look forward to your findings and thank you for your patience." Then takes Hyen's lower left hand and drags him along back to the Guild Hall.
    "Lets go look for Clarity and Zetaya."

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default I Need to Use the Sleep

    Zetaya's head sway stays in motion. Her lips move silently as if she is reciting a prayer or talking to herself. Her brow is slightly furrowed, eyes closed.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-22 at 10:08 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Listen close

    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    It seems that eh conversation is the two breaking up because the girls father doesn't like the boy.


    Spoiler: Hyensum/Airmid
    Show
    You both remember after a short ways that Clarity said that she was going to go to the gate to meditate.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default I spy with my loli eye, a couple in love

    Airmid rushes back to the gate with Hyensum in tow, "We're back, the gnome was kind of rude but he'll help."
    Her informative outburst and the loud shuffling of her plated armor would disturb the calmest of meditating monks.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default The Loud Clinking Disturbs My Thoughts

    Zetaya's lips stop as her brow furrows further giving her a look of displeasure. She breathes in deeply and lifts her head, eyes open, and lets her breath out. Looking to her small metallic comrade she smiles warmly. "Well if we're finished here then let's get going." Zetaya lifts herself off the ground (taking Clarity's hand) with a grunt and dusts herself off, waiting for the others to express what they would like to do.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-01-24 at 02:03 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Feel's like I have been sitting here for days.

    Clarity stands up and walks over to behind the couple and speaks behind them "Answer these questions not to me but to yourselves." Clarity speaks to the guy, "Can you provide a home that is safe and a livelihood that will keep you both healthy and happy?" She then turns to the girl, "Will you be living under your father's roof forever and if not then what power does he hold over you then?"

    She then returns to the group and holds out her hand to Zetaya (if she wants help up) and says to the newly assembled group. "Alright, everything is taken care of now I assume? Great, then let's be on our way. It feels like we meant to be half done with all of our duties by now but we have just scratched the surface."

    She then beckons Airmid to lead the way since she has an idea of what she wants to do next.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Weeee're nooot staaaying theee niiiight~!

    "We need to get going if we want to make the escorts to Arakil, but remember we've got bandits to stop, merchandise they stole to retrieve and we need to ask them about the nearby Orcs or scout them our-self."
    Airmid nods her head in an approving way with a smirk on her face. "Remember, we've got tasks to do and gold to earn. Can't just sit around holding hands and doing nothing."

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #29

    Hyensum shrugs his shoulders " fine then lets go."

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Perfect, now to sneak up on those banditos~!

    "Clarity, mind helping me take off my armor? If we're going to be sneaking I think I'll just use my shield and if it really looks like I'll need it I'm certain we could find the time to put it on before hand as we'll not be caught by surprise, we're too aware of our surroundings as some of us don't like to be touched." She slides that last little jab in at Zetaya with a 'I'm not touching you' motion before lifting her arms straight out and waiting for the plates to be removed so she can slip out of the armor.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Aziz! Light!

    Zetaya goes through her pack and takes out a torch. "Airmid, there is no point in stealing since we're haven't left yet. Plus it'll be hard to stealth since you and I can't really see in this dark night, hence the torch. Maybe you should keep your armor on, just in case." She lights the torch and turns to Clarity and Yen. "Let's get going, no time to waste." She starts down the road about 60 feet, stops, and turns to her comrades waiting for them to follow.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Well, we could steal their eyesight?

    "I just didn't want to slow us down even further, or be the clunking loud plates in the dark. Clarity can see things in the dark and you often see better than I can in the dark, but if we stay with the torch and Clarity can sneak up and scout for dangers THEN I can put on the armor and we can engage them. I just don't want to give away our position with sound, or attract animals with it."

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Mission objective

    "Alright we have our goal. Let's go hunting." Clarity says with a small smile.
    She then starts treking out of the gates past Zetaya.
    "I will double back from time to time and report."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default If You Insist

    Zetaya says to Clarity "I thought we're waiting for Airmid to take her armor off sister. Taking off her armor might be best." She turns to Hyensum "Yen, could you help her take off her armor? I feel with four arms you can take it off quicker. Once Airmid is ready we'll get going."

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default A hair's breadth

    "I will be ahead, it won't take that long and I won't be that far."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

    You all set out from the town it gets darker and darker the farther away you get from the town you all also note the temperature dropping to its night time low and it starts to get very cold. (aka like 36).
    Spoiler: Cold roll
    Show
    After about 2 hours you will have to make a fort save to prevent damage from the cold DC 15 fort damage on fail (1d6)[5] nonlethal damage that cant be over come as long as you are out in the cold. Total travel time will be 6 hours so that will be a total of 4 rolls
    damage 4th hour (1d6)[6]
    damage 5th hour (1d6)[5]
    damage 6th hour (1d6)[5]

    Ways to avoid the save have cold weather gear, use a blanket and wrap it around you (this gives a -4 on stealth and a -2 on other dexterity skills), have cold resistance


    Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    You will find evidence of the orcs camp about 2 hours into the trip and are able to easily follow their tracks back to their camp.


    Spoiler: Time/Date
    Show
    The date and time when you arrive at the camp will be at 3:40am Lamashan 17th, 342 AL

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Taking off the METAL was a good idea, baby it's cold outside

    Airmid shivers almost the entire walk, having her armor in her pack and her shield strapped to the pack she walks as quietly as she can while still keeping pace with the others.

    Cold Resistance Rolls
    (1d20+11)[18]
    After the first 4 hours she starts getting used to the cold.
    (1d20+11)[19]
    On the 5th hour it seems to her like it's warming up, maybe?
    (1d20+11)[28]
    On the 6th hour she's nearly perfectly adapted to the temperature is strolling along without a care.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-26 at 11:01 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Stealth roll FORGOTTEN :(

    (1d20+7)[20]
    Stealth whilst traveling.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Try to Stealth...(Not Like Kronk)

    Zetaya keeps up with the group and tries to stealth with everyone else.

    Stealth: (1d20+1)[21]

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #30

    Fort save #1 (1d20+7)[19]

    Fort save #2 (1d20+7)[11]

    Fort save #3 (1d20+7)[8]

    Stealth roll (1d20+14)[26]

    As the walk continues on Hyensum starts to shudder more and more.
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-01-27 at 01:26 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Silly damage roll hiding

    Airmid realizes she might have been cold on the real 6th hour as she lost track of time.

    (1d20+11)[30]
    Then laughs as she realizes in her heart that the cold truly doesn't exist, she's got enough warmth of heart.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-27 at 11:11 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #30.5

    fort save #4 (1d20+7)[18]

    Current HP 25
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-01-27 at 12:54 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Blanket Kind Sir?

    Zetaya looks over at her freezing four armed friend, stops for a few seconds, takes out her blanket, and hands it to Hyensum. "Here, you look like you're freezing, warm yourself up." She smiles as she hands him the blanket.

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Cold peeps

    It takes you all some time but you can now see what looks to be a sentry up in a tree looking for intruders he doesn’t seem to see you at the moment.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Oh OH OHHH! Idea!!

    Airmid stops the group to whisper, "Send me in.... Alone."
    A precocious smile spreads across her face. "I'll pretend to be just a squire who lost her knight whilst patrolling the forest roads!"
    She motions towards her packed armor and the shield she's carrying on the backpack, "He'll NEVER see it coming, look at me! Then when he gives up his position, to approach me, you jump him!"
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-01-27 at 11:27 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default I Think Not! Protection Overload

    Zetaya shakes her head. "I appreciate the bravery Airmid, bur wyatt if they shoot first aged ask questions later? Last thing we need, and I want, is for you to get seriously hurt." She thinks for a moment. "It is a good plan though."

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Me, get hurt?

    "Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like getting hurt; I don't like getting hit by clubs, maces, swords, daggers, fists, arrows and all manor of things I jump in the way of before they hit you all....."
    Her face exudes a slightly smug aura, "Besides it's simple! 'Ooooh no.... where'd he go? I-I knew I shouldn't have chased that rabbit, ohh gods and goddesses please guide my way....' Convincing, no?"

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Fun idea's

    "I like this plan" Clarity whispers, "It will draw out anyone else around and give us more details on these individuals. What if they aren't so heartless to attack just anyone. We may yet see."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default I Guess We Stick to the Plan

    "O-okay," mutters defeatedly and sighs "yes, you put yourself in front of us all the time but you have armor on, this time that's not the case." She turns to Clarity "I hope as well that they aren't that heartless either. I'm just airing the side of caution." She sighs again. "Winds guide us, all right we'll stick to the plan Airmid suggests."

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default It's settled! We carry on with the plan!

    Airmid nods, "Get ready to jump them, if he's peaceful I'll go with him you guys follow and don't worry. Even if they aren't peaceful I can heal myself, remember?"

    She stretches and shakes off any worries, "Lets do this...."

    After waiting for her friends to hide she starts pretending to be lost as she stumbles about through the bushes, 'tripping' and falling on her face before shakily getting up and dusting herself off.
    "Ooh no.... He hates it when I get lost..."
    Intentionally not acknowledging the presence of the lookout she stands in plain sight looking around in a panic.
    "Where is Sir Redmund? W-where's the trail? I couldn't have gone THAT far... Oh, Desna, Erastil and Iomedae, what do I do?"
    She cups her hands to her face and falls to her knees and forces tears to fall, not too hard to accomplish as she intentionally inflicted a little pain to herself when she hit her knees to the solid cold ground.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •