New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Help Me Relocate A Fantasy Painting…

A few weeks ago I found some online art that perfectly illustrated a character I’m working on. The artwork shows an Asian woman in jade-green robes against an ethereal bamboo forest, and I found it by searching for Oriental-themed druid images. No sword, no armor, no dramatic combat poses and definitely no cleavage, just the jade robes and a wistful mood.

It was perfect, but for some reason the image didn’t save properly, and now I can’t find it through any combination of “druid,” “woman,” “Asian,” etc. It might have been from a wallpaper site, but I have no idea where it could have been. Can anyone help me find this again?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Help Me Relocate A Fantasy Painting…

This one? 10

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting, and it does match my description...but no, that's not it. I appreciate your trying, though.

4. - Top - End - #4

Sounds kind of like L5R card art I've seen, but none of the ones I found match it.

If you found this a couple weeks ago, is there a chance you can find the site by looking at your web history for the day(s) in question?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The folder "Temporary Internet files" can also have it. Pictures you look at online are generally stored in the computer's cache folders.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    A few weeks ago I found some online art that perfectly illustrated a character I’m working on. The artwork shows an Asian woman in jade-green robes against an ethereal bamboo forest, and I found it by searching for Oriental-themed druid images. No sword, no armor, no dramatic combat poses and definitely no cleavage, just the jade robes and a wistful mood.

It was perfect, but for some reason the image didn’t save properly, and now I can’t find it through any combination of “druid,” “woman,” “Asian,” etc. It might have been from a wallpaper site, but I have no idea where it could have been. Can anyone help me find this again?
    I confess: this intrigued me. I wanted to find a good female Asian druid by your requirements.

Asian women in green dresses were easy; in fantasy art? Still OK. Forest? Check. But the rest became hard as I dropped all with swords , combat poses, or scanty attire.

Still, I found some; will any of these serve?

"We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight
    Still, I found some; will any of these serve?
    Thanks for doing some searching on my behalf, I appreciate it.

In fact, I came across most of these early in my searching. The one you’ve placed first is my favorite of the random finds; apparently this was based on a friend of the artist, and of course the spirit-squirrel thingy is memorable on its own. The others are a little more generic, although I do like the one of the woman leaning against the statues (while wishing I could see a larger version).

As it happens, I did finally come across the image I was looking for, although I wouldn’t be able to post it easily. I did make sure to save it properly this time, so a happy ending on this search.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks for doing some searching on my behalf, I appreciate it.

In fact, I came across most of these early in my searching. The one you’ve placed first is my favorite of the random finds; apparently this was based on a friend of the artist, and of course the spirit-squirrel thingy is memorable on its own. The others are a little more generic, although I do like the one of the woman leaning against the statues (while wishing I could see a larger version).

As it happens, I did finally come across the image I was looking for, although I wouldn’t be able to post it easily. I did make sure to save it properly this time, so a happy ending on this search.
    Congratulations! Now I am really curious.
    Can you link to it or tell us how to find it?

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

I found it, saved it, then got involved with other things, so I don't have the link handy. And I don't have an image-hosting account where I could easily post it.

If you're really interested, you can PM your email address and I'll be glad to send it as an attachment.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

*sigh*

I found it, saved it, then got involved with other things, so I don't have the link handy. And I don't have an image-hosting account where I could easily post it.

If you're really interested, you can PM your email address and I'll be glad to send it as an attachment.
    If you want to do a quick n dirt pic up of something I recommend this:
    Lightshot screen capture app

It's a tool to post screenshots, but you can just crop it down to the important parts. It can jsut in one click upload a pic to the providers servers no accounts and such needed. Gives you the link to the pic right as it uploads.

Super easy to use too IMO, perfect for things you want to post up in forum and don't expect to be showing and linking to forever.
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2018-12-20 at 04:07 AM.