New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Oddity Woods: Should I start reading?

I found a new webcomic, Oddity Woods. The art is really cool and the story is fascinating, but (for no particular reason) I'm worried it'll do that thing webcomics sometimes do. You know the thing. The thing where the artist takes a break, and that break turns into a "hiatus," and you're in the middle of a story but suddenly updates have stopped coming, empires rise and fall and are forgotten, the Apocalypse rages, the sun goes out, the galaxy collapses and the heat-death of the universe spirals into the void of time...

And you realize the comic is over. There's no help for it. The author has lost interest and left you with a half-built world and an addiction to a comic you'll never get your fix for.

So, thoughts? Is Oddity Woods going to do that, or can I continue reading? I'm not sure what the warning signs are for this sort of thing.

I've already read the entire thing from the start, it's too late for me. I can but hope that it shall continue. I think, though, that it will.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Oddity Woods: Should I start reading?

Is it This one? It looks like its been going for a couple years, so I'd say it's a bit more likely to keep running than one which is brand new. With that said, nothing is certain in webcomics until it happens, and even the longest-running comics can stop abruptly if something happens to the author.

3. - Top - End - #3

Well, that's a very good comic. Nice visuals, and the storytelling is on point. There are almost zero wasted words, and the atmosphere is well built.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #4

Posted on the comic website

Posted February 7, 2019 at 11:44 pm

see ya, space wolf

2/11/19 Please read!

Hello everyone. I'm sorry to do this on a cliff hanger, but after a lot of consideration, I've decided to take an emergency break. I've been doing this comic for about 3 years now and never took off longer than a week or two, which got me in a severe art rut. Which is my own fault. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone for (hopefully only a few weeks), but rest assured it's not only the best choice for myself, but for the comic as well.

Until then, you can always find me on my social media accounts. Thank you to everyone who's supported my comic, it means the world.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #5

The comic is now updating again!